Support Groups - HAWT Biker Chicks - (aka Chicks on Motorcycles)

Pages : [1] 2

chick_in_the_hat
11-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey chickies -

Time to start a new thread - here's a link to the old one (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124006).

For any newcomers - this thread is open to anyone (even dudes :D) who enjoys riding anything with two or three wheels and is working on a healthy lifestyle.

I'm off for a bicycle ride with DH this morning - dunno why I woke up so early on a Sunday - but I'm up and I may as well use it. :carrot:

ChopperChick355
11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks Gina for starting new thread I couldn't get if figured out :)

Holly house cleaning is exercise in itself as well. I will be trying to get some of that done today as well! It is time to put summer clothes away and dig out winter clothes :(

I won't give up my hair salon visits either, I have thought about highlights at home but then think nope I work my butt off and I deserve it.....

Gina how was the bike ride this morning?

Hi to Sass, MotoMichelle, Jill (how was your trip are you home yet?)

VermontMom
11-24-2008, 08:54 AM
good morning!

confession time! I had sugary cakey stuff yesterday. There. It's out. I shall do better!

Thanks for starting the new thread Gina! (and Meg). I like our new title :D

I'm sitting in front of my glowy therapy light right now. It didn;t help me get out of bed on time this morning, though. Guess I have to take some responsibility for myself :devil:

I work today, have off tomorrow; work Wednesday, have off Thursday; work Friday, have off Saturday. Weird! Wish my three days off could be together. oh well.

Hi to everyone and have an exercise-y, good food-y Monday :carrot:

ChopperChick355
11-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Good Monday Morning!!!

Holly weird schedule but ya agree it is nice having a least 2 days off in a row :) I am hoping to only have a 3 day work week this week and so far looking good :cb:
Yesterday I was good OP then boom I ate a couple of the little powedered donuts -:( and as for exercise well no real exercise but I was cleaning house and broke down and put summer clothes away and brought out all the winter clothes :mad: darn it!!!

Well today is already going to go better so putting my chin up HIGH and staying OP already have lunch bag packed with, fiber one bar, apple, and turkey chili(homemade no beans only ground turkey, low sodium tomato juice and chili seasoning) I know I am weird but just don't like beans!! :dizzy:

Not sure about supper yet but I will probably make chicken fajitas that way I can have a salad tonight.

Well better get going -Have a Great, Super Day!

scarahjs
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I've been sooo busy this weekend that I didn't get on here at all.

Thanks for all the welcomes!!!

Vermont - Yes he is my son and he is 2 today. Not sure what kind of motorcylce I want to get. I think I will just have to look around to see what fits me good.

Cickinthehat - I wish I was tall, it would probably be easier to find a bike for me.

So this weekend was crazy for me. I had my son's 2nd birthday party on Saturday and was cooking and cleaning on Friday and Saturday. I didn't eat much either of those days till the evenings. Which I know isn't good. I didn't workout till yesterday, so I kind of feel crapy about that. So today will hopefully be better. Have a great day everyone!

VermontMom
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey chicks :) Our VCR is on it's last legs, I've been having to cram the tapes into it and furiously pushing playplayplayplayplay to trick it into playing..but today no go!! and I have over 2 dozen video tapes...bUt I did find two Cathe DVD's that have been gathering dust since someone gave them to me in maybe 2002??

so I used my son's directions how to work the DVD (yeah, I'm a dinosaur) and boy, is her choreography confusing but I subbed when I had to, and got a totally sweaty step workout, then there was chest work with weights - she used a barbell, I only have dumbells but I used them.

I think Santa can find us a cheap VCR for Christmas, but I will use these also. It's good for me to have a workout change, I was getting so used to the other tapes.

happy belated birthday to that cute little boy, scarahjs! Yay to Reda for packing a good lunch :D

MotoMichelle
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Well, the motorcycle show on Friday was a lot of fun. My DH and I sat on a lot of bikes and cruised a bunch of vendors. We didn't end up buying anything but did enjoy ourselves. DH found another bike that is on his "short list" for replacing what he has now.

Holly/Reda - Don't worry I'm with you guys! This weekend was my birthday weekend and I ate like crazy. Even had cake yesterday. The scale showed a 2lb gain this morning. Oh well all I can do is carry on and get back on track! :D

You guys have a great Monday. Thank god it's a short week. hehe

ChopperChick355
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
:bday2you: MotoMichelle, I guess it would be belated but still hope it was good for you!!! Glad the show went well and it is always nice to have everyone together so that you can see the differences with all bikes in one big room.

Well I ate my 1.5 cup of chili today and was still hungry so I had a 6 inch sub and also ended up working late so had a 6 inch sub for super as well. So still didn't do to bad but no exercise of which I should be doing instead of being online but my feet hurt from being on them again 10 hours today so resting them right now....:(

Holly I haven't seen a VCR for a long time. We only have DVD's now. But this summer when I was cleaning the room upstairs I had 3 rubbermaid totes full of VCR tapes but since I don't have a player I took them to our local Goodwill store.

Scarahjs your son is so adorable and only 2 years old make sure to tell him
:bday2:

Well 2 more days of work this week then off for 4- YEAH!!!!

MotoMichelle
11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks, Reda! :D

I can't imagine being on my feet for 10 hours. Ouch! Hope you get some rest soon!

VermontMom
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
dear MotoMichelle - Happy Belated Birthday! :bday2you::bday2you:

I hit the ground running this morning! first shoveled snow (yeah :mad:) then a Cathe workout (dam, she is kicking my butt!!! I mean my cardiovascular system) then gathered laundry; took son to job; did errands; came back, and am now online for the first time today, and getting my Light Therapy done too.

oh yeah I also stuffed a 20 pound turkey and got it in the oven by 9:30. NO, we're not having anyone over, my husband just likes turkey :D

have a good one everybody! :):hug:

MotoMichelle
11-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Holly! :D

I may not be around much for the rest of the week/weekend, so I wanted to wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving!

:happ3::turkey::thanks1:

scarahjs
11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

I was sick yesterday and still not feeling the best. I'm hoping to workout by tomorrow or Friday. I'm sure I wont be on all weekend since I will bu busy. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Vermont - I still have a VCR that I use once in a while at my house. I'm sure they still sell them somewhere. Good Luck!!

SBD Sass
11-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Duh! No wonder I wasn't getting any new messages from the MC...bleh! I won't be able to catch up with everyone until after the holidays.

Quickly...I decided to take the course this Spring because right now it's way too cold to be out there riding. The 22nd all through the weekend was COLD AS ****.

HAVE A GREAT TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!!!! :hugs:

VermontMom
11-26-2008, 09:03 PM
sorry to hear you were sick, scarahjs. and Hi Sass!

gosh, I hadn't thought that maybe VCRs were antiques by now :D

I did another Cathe workout this morning. OMG!!! 10 minutes of cardio, then immediately 2 -ish minutes of weights. Then back to 10 minutes of cardio, then to weights again. I got to the FIFTH session of cardio and looked at the clock and said , I gotta get ready for work soon!! I don't know how much longer it would have gone on. And I hadn't even done any ab work yet. So I did about 10 minutes of ab work and called it done.

Sounds really great except I've been eating BAD stuff!

We're going to friends' for T-day tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Of course they're biking friends :cool:

Hi to everyone else!

have a good night!

chick_in_the_hat
11-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Morning chickies!!

:happ3: :thanks2: :thanks1:

I'm so psyched - I ran a whole 5K this morning without stopping to walk. It wasn't exactly record breaking time - 34:19...but hey it was my first 5K. :cb:

Holly - VCR's are antiques already...but mine still works. I even know how to program it. :p

Sass - I prolly shoulda PM'ed y'all when I did the new thread. My bad. Glad ya found us, tho. :D

Scarahjs - hope you are feeling better!!! :getwell:

Michelle - sounds like you had a fun B-Day!! Happy Belated. Carb overloading always shows the next day on the scale for me. It's probably water weight...:dizzy:

Reda - Finally some well earned time off for you. ENJOY!!! :carrot:

ChopperChick355
11-27-2008, 06:33 PM
:turkey::thanks1:

Just stopping in for a bit, just got home from MIL's and now getting ready to go to sisters for supper.

Yeah I have been off today and things sure do look good for the next 3 days :carrot:

Me and my sister will be going shopping then I will need to be home by noon to go shopping for a new camper with DH. We got a spot at the river and the camper we have now is a 29 foot toyhauler with no slide so we are going to go shopping for a 32-35 foot toyhauler with slide preferably 2 slides but will settle for 1 if I have to. There are about 6 camper places for us to go check out within 60 miles of home and then 1 more 90 miles away.

Anyways I will check back in later, Have a great weekend

VermontMom
11-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Hello chicks!!

Reda - duh to me, but what is a slide? Gina - CONGRATS on running that 5K!!!!!

I have been eating TOO MUCH. darn Holidays!

I didn't exercise on Thanksgiving Day, but I did yesterday. And I will today. Eventually :D Yesterday I did coax the old VCR to work and did the Kelly Roberts step aerobic tape, but I added ankle weights and held 5 lb.'ers at first, then 3 1/2 lb.ers, then 1 lb.ers and I was reduced to spaghetti-feeling arms! lol

Oh and husband did get a new DVD/VCR player yesterday, it was like $79. Some electronics are so cheap now, compared to what they were years ago. So now I can choose what I want to watch, just have to figure out how to use it.

My husband got a DVD from a biking friend, that has like 4 hours of raw (meaning not edited, but hey also biker-fun-raw :p) footage of Chillicothe '08. It is so great to watch!! it's like you're right back there. And watching it makes me realize, okay, I looked pretty okay at that weight, if I just EAT SENSIBLY and keep up with working out, I will be in pretty good shape for next year's fun.

Each day we have been getting a inch or so of new snow. Sometimes we have bare ground at this time of year, sometimes not. This is definitely a snow on the ground year.

well at this point I'm just delaying exercising :D I have to admit I have been enjoying the Cathe workouts because they are new and challenging.

have a good one!

ChopperChick355
11-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Good Morning All!!! Hope everyone had a great Friday:o

Slides in a camper are rooms that slide out to make your living area bigger. Most campers the dinette and couch slide out. We looked at one yesterday the one I like the most it was 39 ft long but you walk into kitchen then you go through french glass doors to living room which had a fireplace then from kitchen you walk 3 stairs to bathroom then then another door to bedroom, it is a super nice camper but DH says it is to big........

As far as exercising I did alot of walking yesterday but other than that no actual exercise has been going on with me and the food was out of control yesterday......But I will get right back on track:)

I did also get my new camcorder yesterday it is a hard drive one so that all I have to do is download to computer and put on a disk. No more buying the mini tapes --Yeah:carrot:

Congrats Gina on 5K- you go girl:carrot:

Well we have went the last week with no snow but it will be coming again soon.:(

Have a great weekend

VermontMom
11-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Reda, thanks for the description...that camper you described sounds much nicer than our house :rofl: (really!:D)

Camping is so new to us. We started with a 'two person tent' which BARELY fit me, let alone me n my BigBikerHusband. Then we got a much bigger tent, (and air mattresses) you can actually stand up in it, and lots of room for us to sleep, plus room on each side of us for stuff. But it still isn't like four walls and a floor around you. What I mostly don't like is the dampness, there was one night in Chilli when it wasn't raining, but SO humid and damp it was like our sleeping bags were wet. Ick!

Also the 'trying to sleep at a rally campground' issue. Some would say don't sleep :p but I NEED at least four hours. However the earplugs are a godsend, plus someone told me to try to take a Tylenol PM; helps with the impending hangover and has a relaxant. But these events are few in the summer, we can deal with the small discomforts. But **** YEAH if we had xtra money to spend, I think we'd do something like a camper.

So I just finished a Cathe DVD (and I figgered out the new player! yay old me) and I confess, when I described it a couple days ago, I thought it was 10 minutes of cardio, then 2 minutes of weights? It's only 5 minutes of cardio, then 2 minutes of weights; that's repeated 5 or 6 x's. It only FELT like twice as long :D

The light therapy is DEFINITELY helping me. I feel like doing things that I haven't felt like doing in a long, long, long time. Today makes two Saturdays that I actually got up on time, and did some noticeable cleaning/vacuuming/dusting/washing. I said to husband, 'what if I keep this up every Saturday?' and he said something wise*ss :devil:

Wish me and my happy little beater car luck in the next month :eek:It's a 95 Geo Prism 4 door, and we bought it 4 years ago for $1200. It has been my little gas efficient reliable sweetheart. But the poor thing has rust eating out her insides, her check engine light has been on for a while (where's that black electrical tape to put over the light) and she has a hole in her muffler. And her inpsection sticker is due next month.

We know it's time for a new (used) car for me, just trying to hang in there 'til a couple more paychecks and husband's profit sharing check. HE had to replace his car a month ago, we got a used Ford Aerostar for a very good price, and he loves it (he's a van man) and Eddie the Dog loves riding in it.

so replacing two cars in a couple months makes it kinda tight for the budget. My previous mechanic did tell me this year that he would like me to tell him when I get rid of this Geo, he wants to buy it for the Toyota motor, which will keep going for another 100,000 miles probably (it's at 134,000 now). So I am hoping for the muffler not to fall off or something until we can check Craig'slist for something.

See how talkative I am again :D

ChopperChick355
11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Holly very talkative that is GREAT!!! Signs you are feeling better:)

Well from 1986 till about 4 years ago we always tented as well and started out with a 2-3 person tent back when I was 18 it was all good then but had to upgrade to a bigger tent so that we could at least stand in the tent to get dressed or what not;) We did have a pop up camper but didn't ever take it to any of the rallies until like I said 4 years ago we decided to start taking it to Sturgis since we were there for 8 days and the year before this one it was like 30-40 degree weather during the day and colder at night so camper started coming the next year:smug:
When we go to weekend rallies we just take our 3 person tent since it has to strap on the bike with a couple of chairs and stuff, but it is all good since it is only a few days. But what a blast:D

My DH works as a mechanic for Ford Motor Company so we are very partial to Ford's except my company vehicle is a chevy and both race cars have chevy frames and bodies as well. We had a Aerostar once but got alot of snow then decided I didn't like having a van so back to a taurus I went:smug:

Our good friends have a Geo and love it because of the gas mileage and won't give it up for nothing either:smug:

Great job on cleaning up the house I have been working on that today as well it is a never ending job:?:

We have been getting snow all day to day but really not accumulating to a whole bunch thank goodness

Have a great day

VermontMom
12-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Good morning chicks, we had some wet precipitation last night, that means a couple inches of sloppy slushy stuff out there, boy is it heavy to push off the driveway.

My husband put my bike in the garage yesterday :( She had been under our motorcycle awning, with her DryRide cover until then...you know it's actually easier having her out of sight. It's an unheated garage so we don't spend any time in there puttering around, so it's bye bye for a while!

I didn't exercise yesterday, but I think that was the only day I've missed in a while. BUT bad eating. Like cookies. i have to do a grocery shopping just for the things I need to plan for and cook!! Maybe tomorrow, which I have off. Lots of veggies, egg substitute, plain yogurt.

Happy December! Have a great day :)

ChopperChick355
12-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Wow already December:o

Well I am back on plan today as the weekend was off plan for sure!:(
We to are getting the white slushy stuff, with a little rain/ice before hand:mad:
I am making my list for grocery store today as well need to get some better foods back in the house well I have better food I just need to quit eating out like we did all weekend!

Have a Great Day off Holly:)

:wave:to Jill, Sass, Gina, MotoMichelle and Scarahjs, how was your Turkey Day?

VermontMom
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
my exercise for today - this morning, a quick 15 minutes of Cathe's Leaner Legs segment...then after work this evening, almost 50 minutes of a different Cathe workout, it was again alternating cardio on a step, with muscle work (legs and back, then abs). Very confusing choreography, so I just subbed what I could. Eating pizza afterwards was not the best thing to do, though!!!

TOMORROW shopping for good food choices (for me, it will be mostly South Beach-y stuff)

ChopperChick355
12-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I never made it to the store today either, but will be going tomorrow for sure. I only got a total of 60 minutes in today altogether but I guess it is better than nothing. :)

Great Job Holly on all your exercising that is awesome:)

Put alot of miles on today wish it was motocycle but instead in the pickup, I believe it was about 300 miles.

Well have a great Tuesday

scarahjs
12-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all the get wells from last week!!

Good Morning Everyone. Sorry I've been MIA this past loooong weekend. I was busy with holiday stuff and then on Sunday night I got a stomach virus and yesterday morning my son got it to. So we layed low yesterday. I came to work today but feeling very weak and tired. I'm hoping by tomorrow I will have more energy!!!

My turkey day was good, tried not to eat alot. I did exercise this weekend which made me feel great.

Vermont - I'm glad you got a new VCR/DVD player. They really have came down on price.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

ChopperChick355
12-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Howdy!!! Well I got 30 minutes in today on treadmil but didn't make it to the store yet..... Oh well there is always tomorrow :) Going to play poker tonight but at least I get to watch biggest loser while playing everyone there usually lets me turn the big screen to it, I think they watch to but just don't want to say it :) :):)

ChopperChick355
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Good Morning all! well we got that icky white stuff overnight :( I guess the sooner it gets here the sooner it goes away :) Not to much else going on, however I did lose 5 bucks last night playing cards and spent another 10 for beer but it was a good night though, I really like playing hold'em.

Well Wednesday is my day that lets me know we are heading to the end of the week -yeah:)

MotoMichelle
12-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Hello ladies!

I'm really terrible at keeping up with "daily" type posts, so I apologize for popping in and out randomly.

T-Day was actually ok for me and I didn't over do it. Woohoo! However, the 5 day weekend found me eating out too much and overdoing it on other days.

Managed to keep my weight ok and I am now .6 lbs down from the weight before my birthday 2 weeks ago. So I call that success in getting through the birthday/T-Day week. hehe

Last Sunday I went on a ladies only ride with some girls from my motorcycle forum. It was very fun! We did have one girl with an oops. She came around a curve and went off the road after getting stuck on the shoulder. She almost got her bike stopped in the grass but his a mud slick and went down. Bike had a little damage to the fairing and other than a bit lip and bad headache, the rider was ok too.

Here's a picture of the group! (I'm kneeling, holding the sign on the left.)
http://bobcat.smugmug.com/photos/427709249_aH6Lf-M.jpg

If you'd like to see more pics of our ladies day you can here: Leanin' Ladies who Lunch! (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34710)

At the restaurant I'm in the green shirt with the grey undershirt. Username is "Michelle". heh

Hope you all have a great week!

scarahjs
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone! I am feeling tons better then yesterday. Didn't workout this morning, but hopefully tonight or definitly tomorrow morn.

Michelle - Sounds like you guys had fun riding. I would be sooo scared to put a bike down. That will be my worse fear when I get a bike and start to ride more.

Have a great day everyone!

ChopperChick355
12-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey MotoMichelle and Scarahjs :)

Looks like you had blast on your motocycle ride with the girls, well except for the oops but it happens :) I am going to go check out link you posted once I get caught up on here tonight.

Well we are now on the downside of the week closer to the weekend - Yeah :)

ChopperChick355
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
MotoMichelle checked out the site looks like you guys had a fun filled day full of riding. :)

VermontMom
12-05-2008, 08:37 AM
hey chicks! sorry I haven't been on since Monday. Tuesday was my <gasp> 48th birthday, and I had off, and I thought it would be a good day, but I guess I was due for a not-too-great day (few days before TOM always hits me) and I just got sad at thinking about our recently deceased dog, and the gray cold weather, bleh. And one son didn't even say Happy Birthday to me that day (forgot) the other son didn't bother with a card, (whine whine whine!)

I guess I had the unrealistic expectations that along with med and the Happy Light (therapy light) I wouldn't have any more bad days.

But I do feel better in my head, except for maybe a small sinus infection or something that is affecting my ears, I have this constant either "large silence sound" (the only way I can describe it, not quite ringing) and sometimes amplification that presses in or out and hurts. :?: guess its time to make a doctors appt.

we're going to look at a used car for me tomorrow, a '90 Honda Accord sedan, hope it's good.

Oh, the cheap new DVD/VCR? TRIED TO EAT ONE OF MY TAPES :mad: so that is going back!! glad I have the Cathe DVD's to do.

My eating has been Bad, bad , bad! I can just feel my waist and legs and arms (heck, everything!!) getting bigger. I did take a good healthy lunch to work yesterday but caved to a cookie in the afternoon.

Good to hear from MotoMichelle (soooo envious of your year-round riding! :)) and glad scarahjs is feeling better. HI reda, Gina, Jill, Sass! :hug:

MotoMichelle
12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Reda - It was very fun and nice to be with other female riders.

Holly - :hug: I hope you keep feeling better and I highly doubt everything is getting bigger. :dizzy:

chick_in_the_hat
12-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Michelle - nifty ride pics - thanks for sharing! :carrot:

Holly baby...hope yer not gittin sick with the plugged up ears thing. :bday2you: :celebrate: :bday2:. A couple days late, as usual...:o

Give yourself credit for bring healthy food to work. Cookies happen. :mad:

Reda - bummer about all the snow already. Sounds like you are getting your workouts in tho. :cb:

scarahjs - hope the stomach virus has gone from the house by now. Kudos to you, too for getting your workouts in. :D

I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. :cheer: for Friday!! I've done pretty well calorie wise this week...digging in my heels to get back to the 160's. Going for a run in the park in a few.

ChopperChick355
12-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone :)

Holly sorry your "birthday" day didn't go as well as it should of :(

Good luck with the car shopping tomorrow, hope it all works out for you :)
Did you get a new dvd/vcr yet?

Gina are you still teaching the was it a spin class? How is it going?

HI MotoMichelle, Scarahjs, Sass :)

willow650
12-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I everyone, another biker chick here. My name is Mandy, I live in NE Florida, Navy Wife, mom to 3, trying to lose 50lbs and I ride a 04 V Star 650 named Willow. I have put about 2000 miles on Willow since I got her in Feb this past year. My hubby gave her to me as an Anniversary/Valentines day gift, on top of a trip to Disney and a Concert. It was only our 9yr, I told him he has to top all that for the 10 this Feb...LOL. Living in Florida, we ahve year round riding season but it has been chilly recently and I have gear for cold weather and I have a broken toe..lol its been about 3 weeks since i have ridden and I miss her.

Mandy

VermontMom
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi Mandy! :welcome: glad you found us :) Lucky you, year round riding, not so lucky with broken toe! :(

Hi everyone else :hug: I think I'm finally coming out of my blue funk. But my ears are still screwy.

We agreed to buy the used Honda, but the people asked if they could not conclude the deal until right after Christmas...so I have to cross my fingers that my car will be okay til then.

Yes, we exchanged the malfunctioning new VCR DVD player for a new one, and I just tried it out with a video tape and YAY it worked. I have been working out everyday except yesterday with the Cathe dvd's, I just need to get back to healthy sensible eating.

Have a good day everyone, I'm off to work soon, bleh! :)

ChopperChick355
12-07-2008, 05:28 PM
:welcome2: Mandy, wish I had year round riding as well, but sure don't want that broken toe ;)

Holly well Christmas is coming very quickly so hopefully yours will make until then. Exercising well I haven't been doing alot of it again but my eating has been pretty good for the most part, but for me to loose I know I need to do both and soon I only have 57 days till we leave for vacation and would like to be at least 10 pounds lighter by then.

Well have a great week!

VermontMom
12-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Good morning chicks, and it is a cold one here!! it's maybe 1 degree or maybe 0. It does look more like christmas, with some fresh snow.

Yay Reda for your good eating lately! :carrot: but you are absolutely right, gotta do both to lose, and I have definitely not been doing what I need to for the food part...But I had a cookie/sweet/starchy-free day yesterday, the first in a long while, so that's a start.

Husband tried to make repairs to my gas tank yesterday, hopefully whatever he did will work, we'll find out as soon as it's light out and we can check it. Gas was dribbling as I would try to fill the tank; not good!!

have a good day chicks :)

willow650
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
wow holly, I dont think I could handle that type of cold but I bet it is beautiful. I have a goal to ride my own on a trip from Florida up through that area. not sure where I want to stop at just yet. I will probably have to weitgh a couple years until Hubby retires from the Navy, but then he will have a Gold wing. might be hard to ride my own knowing the comfort have wing is available...lol

Saturday me hubby and kids spent the day in st Augustine, we ate pretty horribly but we walked for HOURS AND HOURS and climbed up the stairs at the light house, 219 of them so I think it all evened out..lol I wore a shoe on my foot with the broken toe for the first time in almost 4 weeks, it was ok for a while but by the end of the night it was hurting pretty bad. I cant wait till this thing is healed

mandy

MotoMichelle
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Hellloooooo ladiezz!

Mandy - :welcome3: Welcome aboard! We need pics of your Willow. :D

Holly - Good car vibes sent your way to make it through Christmas. ;)

Reda - I'm the same way. I need both exercise and healthy eating to lose weight the most effectively. But the food is always the one to get me the most. :lol:

Hope you all are having a great Monday!

scarahjs
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
hey chicks! sorry I haven't been on since Monday. Tuesday was my <gasp> 48th birthday, and I had off, and I thought it would be a good day, but I guess I was due for a not-too-great day (few days before TOM always hits me) and I just got sad at thinking about our recently deceased dog, and the gray cold weather, bleh. And one son didn't even say Happy Birthday to me that day (forgot) the other son didn't bother with a card, (whine whine whine!)

we're going to look at a used car for me tomorrow, a '90 Honda Accord sedan, hope it's good.

Oh, the cheap new DVD/VCR? TRIED TO EAT ONE OF MY TAPES :mad: so that is going back!! glad I have the Cathe DVD's to do.

Happy belated birthday!!! Good luck on the car and glad you got a new dvd/vcr that wouldn't eat your tape.

I everyone, another biker chick here. My name is Mandy, I live in NE Florida, Navy Wife, mom to 3, trying to lose 50lbs and I ride a 04 V Star 650 named Willow. I have put about 2000 miles on Willow since I got her in Feb this past year.
Mandy

Welcome Mandy!!! That would be great to be able to ride all year round. Hope your toe feels better.

Good morning chicks, and it is a cold one here!! it's maybe 1 degree or maybe 0. It does look more like christmas, with some fresh snow.

I couldn't imagine it being that cold. Its around 15-30ish around here in the morning and I think that is cold. I would be freezing my butt off!

Well I haven't really checked in since last week. It has been a crazy crazy week. My son and husband got sick on friday. My DH got better by friday night, but my DS has been sick alllllll weekend. Last evening his temp was up to 105 so I called his doc and said to take him to the ER. It turns out he has an infection in his tonsils(sp?). Needless to say he loved the ER, with the IV, Xrays, etc... So this morning he didn't want to take any medicine, but I called my MIL later today and she said she got him to take some, so that is great news. I haven't had time to workout since Friday morning, but I am hoping to tomorrow morning, as long as DS sleeps through the night. I hope he starts to feel better soon. It is so hard to see him being sick like this. Sorry to ramble on and on. Have a great evening everyone!!!

VermontMom
12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
scarahjs, I'm so sorry your dh was sick and your poor son, hope he feels better soon!

Hi Mandy, wow that was alot of walking, even with a non-broken toe!

Hi to Reda, Gina, Michelle and Sass! :wave: The night isn't over yet, but so far I have had a second day of on track South Beach eating. And my workout this morning was Denise Austin, aerobics and weights, then ab work.

Do I complain alot?? ,maybe I do. But when people are jerks at work, I do unload on husband. Sometimes I try to make it amusing. Aren't spouses supposed to support each other? Today I found out that my boss called my car a POS. It is, but it's my POS and it's my business!!!

That really, really upset me. I should have 'considered the source' and not been upset, but I sure was. When I talked to dh on phone, I told him..and got no sympathy. What dh said to me on phone made sense, that 'you can't expect insane people to act sane'. But that wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted just to hear him say, 'what a jerk'. BUt he didn't.

So I got all teary and had to hang up, then had to wait on people with red eyes and red face and sniffles, boy that sux.

I know we don't always hear what we want to hear...but I think I always support him, even when I know he's wrong! (that's a line from a song I like) So I'm feeling pretty wronged from two people :(

So tell me to put on my big girl panties and deal with it :D

ChopperChick355
12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Well today we are getting rain, ice, and now snow--I am fine with that because I travel daily for my job it will probably be a snow day for me and I will work from home :) Shoot when we hit 20-30 degrees around here it feels like a heat wave seriously:smug:

Scarahjs sorry to hear about everyone being sick in the house, hope DS gets to feeling better soon

Mandy do post a pic of willow and boy did you ever do alot of steps and with a broken toe, I would have probably wimped out:o

Well my eating was good again today but another day of no real exercise, I think after standing on my feet all day that I just don't feel like exercising once I get home and I should really be doing that now instead of on here but wanted to check in

Have a great night

scarahjs
12-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Today I found out that my boss called my car a POS. It is, but it's my POS and it's my business!!!
That really, really upset me. I should have 'considered the source' and not been upset, but I sure was. When I talked to dh on phone, I told him..and got no sympathy. What dh said to me on phone made sense, that 'you can't expect insane people to act sane'. But that wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted just to hear him say, 'what a jerk'. BUt he didn't.
So I got all teary and had to hang up, then had to wait on people with red eyes and red face and sniffles, boy that sux.

I would be very upset if I found out someone called my car a pos even if i knew it was too. DH's can be a pain the @ss some days. They just don't understand what women go through in a day. Hopefully you have a better day today.

Thanks for all the get wells for my DS again. He is feeling al ittle bit better. It is still a strugle to get him medicine in him, but we are trying.
I didn't workout again today, and my eating hasn't been the best. But it's just been kinda stressful with a sick child and such. Have a great day everyone!

VermontMom
12-09-2008, 04:19 PM
thanks for the sympathy scarahjs :) and again so sorry about your little guy, it is so hard when they're little, they don't understand about taking the yucky medicine and you just want to take all their hurt yourself.

I just finished a HARD Cathe workout, and then found a bonus Abs section on the DVD i didn't even know was there. I think it will be a while before I know every combo on those two DVDs but I am glad to have them!! she is kicking my butt.

This will be my third day of perfect on plan eating, if I can do the next 6 hours well :D I'm feeling pretty confident. Especially after being in the store last night, when I was SO PISSED at my boss. That would have previously been a trigger for me to go hogwild on cake, candy, cookies, everything that's right there. Because 'it wouldn't have been my fault, it was because he made me so mad'. Well that's just making excuses isn't it. And Im so glad I didn't lose control.

have a good night chicks, I'll probably check in again for moral support tonight :D

ChopperChick355
12-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey Chickies

Oh yes Holly I would have been so PO'D at the boss and hubby as well. I did stay home today till about 11 am then went up to the store here in town, thought maybe DH would call me for lunch but didn't so I texted him to see what he was doing and he said going home but now when I am out of thown the rest of the time which is everyday he will go out for lunch -- go figure-- men

Scarahjs glad your son if feeling alittle better.

It is colder then heck today with wind chill it is like 17+ below zero but in South Dakota we will have strong wind 4-5 days out of the week all year round. Well girls have a super great night and Great Job Holly on staying OP for the past 3 days you go girl :)

scarahjs
12-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Good Morning Girls!!! Just checking in quick. I still haven't worked out this week. Maybe tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!

SBD Sass
12-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Which DVD was that Holly? I can't get Cathe's steps because I'm slow maybe. Ha!

Hi everyone!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

ChopperChick355
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say HI!!! I did get some exercise in finally today so feeling pretty good!!! :) Hope everyone elses Hump Day went good

VermontMom
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey chicks!! Reda, you're right, who can figure men :D BRR your temps are COLD! Yay to you for exercising and feeling good!

Hi scarahjs!

Hi Sass! good to hear from you :hug: The 2 DVDs are - Cross Train Express and Cardio Kicks & Circuit Max.

The Cross Train Express is 2 DVDs , Disc 1 is "Step & Intervals"; "All Step"; "10-10-10"; and "Power Circuit".

Disc 2 is "Leaner Legs"; "Kick Box"; "All Abs"; and "Upper Body Split".

Whoa, I am really glad that I had to try these, it is really really good for my bod to be challenged SO much and I needed something different. I do have to adapt ALOT because she IS fast!! and hopping all around and doing things 'around the world' and 'side knees off the bench" and 'power sevens' :?::devil::p:D

She does say that most of the workouts are 'very advanced' so I feel like a freakin athlete for even keeping up somewhat :devil: My level of exertion usually is 'barely able to gaspingly speak but still doggedly pushing on' LOL

I can just tell that if I continue to work out with these regimes, and keep to the South Beach way of eating (Sass, I put myself back on Phase 1!) that I will be happy with how I look in say, two months. That isn't really that long, is it.

However, how hard is it to stick to a diet at Christmastime?!?!! I LOVE to bake cookies, I love to make 'em and to give 'em away, and I would love to be rock solid in my determination and be able to just eat one or two per batch instead of 8 or 10. Maybe I can.

I finally am on antibiotics for my sinuses/ear infection. This is my second day of the 5 day Z pack and I want a miracle, but I don't feel any better yet. This has gotta end, I think it's been a couple of weeks now!

Our adopted dog Eddie is finally, finally calming down and adjusting. And I love that I can let him out in the yard and he runs like crazy working off energy, but he keeps to the boundaries and (most usually) comes when I call. And definitely comes when I hold a doggie treat out to him.

oh and I didn't have a speck of off-plan food today!! hope this streak keeps up :carrot:

have a great night chicks, talk at ya in the morning!

VermontMom
12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
good morning chicks, I haven't worked out yet but wanted to say hey first :wave:

ChopperChick355
12-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Good Morning! Well getting ready to head off to work but wanted to stop in as I am prolonging it again today, we got rain again earlier now it is heavy white snow that we were not suppose to get until later tonight :) go figure.

Great Job staying OP Holly that is awesome, I feel lots better now that I have been OP and finally exercised yesterday so I am ready to go today, I have also been tanning a slight little bit getting ready for the trip I don't want to go white as a ghost so I start tanning about now twice a week just to get alittle color! :) It does really make you feel good to about yourself :)

Have a Great Day

VermontMom
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey reda! :wave: sorry about the snow, we're s'psed to get a dump tonight also.

Doesn't being on track feel good :carrot: :strong: and enjoy the warmth of the tanning, I know I do when it's cold :brr: When it's really cold out, I put my socks in the tanning bed with me, to pre-warm them for the trip home :D

I made myself do a relatively short strength tape but it is one I avoid like the plague, because I hate working my legs, but it is a very effective tape so I just have to MAKE myself do it! it's a Gilad Quick Fit System tape, the Hips/Thighs/Buns one. It's only 20 minutes long but boy does it blast your thighs. Then I did a short (10 min) Cathe abs section. No cardio for today, I know I should everyday.

I still don't have an improvement in my ear department, maybe the sinus pressure wasn't as bad yesterday but it still feels like my ears are muffled yet the empty ringing is still there.

we don't have a Christmas tree yet but will maybe do that tonight, def. by the weekend. We don't know how Eddie the Dog will react; considering he is still freaked by anything new in the living room ( I put a sheet on paper taped to the TV to remind son that it was recycling day, and even THAT tweaked Eddie! :dizzy:)

well I am delaying getting ready for work, am finishing up breakfast (egg beaters, veggies and a little chicken) and made my lunch (curried chicken salad) and have my big bottle of water ready. It is imperative for me to be prepared for lunch, otherwise things get ugly :devil: near the cookies.

have a great day everyone!!! Are you back Jill??? :hug:

ChopperChick355
12-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Well I did stay OP today as well, had fiber one granola bar for breadfast, brocoli and chicken for lunch and cottage cheese and 1 serviing of pretzels for snack and supper was chicken as well. I did also exercise again this afternoon but right now I am only getting on treadmil, i guess better than nothing.

Christmas tree still not up here either but def by weekend as well, have to it is only 2 weeks away!!!! :)

Well this weather is really crappy I woke up this morning to rain, then snow then the sun came out but still like 10 degrees out then about 6 tonight it started to rain again and now switching to snow again, will it ever end!!! Taking to some friends tonight about moto rally this summer and our Cancun trip in like 50 days :):)

Have a great Friday everyone

willow650
12-11-2008, 11:07 PM
oh cool, VACATION!!! all my vacations consist of visiting family. That is SO not a vacation. I hope everyone is feeling well this evening. I will be doing my first 5K tomorrow(just walking it) if I get a baby sitter for my son.

VermontMom
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
good morning everyone, yay to reda for sticking to plan and working out! :carrot: Mandy, wow a 5k, I've never even crawled one :D best wishes!

we woke up to abou 8" of snow, it was relatively light at first but now there's freezing rain stuff lightly falling, which will make it heavy and crusty. But we got the driveway cleared; the snowblower stalled after the first track up, and we were all :mad: but dh got it started after about 15 minutes so thank goodness for that!!

OH!!! Yesterday at work I was slicing tomatoes, and my boss was talking about the impending snowstorm, and said maybe if it was snowing hard near store closing time, I could close early, because "You got that piece of **** car there".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you believe that he actually said that to me?!? I stopped slicing, POINTED THE KNIFE AT HIM, :devil: and said really loudly, 'Hey! that is MY business, as long as I get to work, what do you care, it's MY car, it's MY piece of **** car!!!" and I was making stabbing motions at him with the knife as I spoke :rofl:

He was genuinely shocked that I was so pissed!!! Unbelieveable. He then backpeddaled and said how great it was that I paid so little for it four years ago and got so much out of it, it doesn't owe me anything (?!?) and that he wishes he could have a POS car that does'n't cost anything. Oh my god. I said, (as if I have to explain myself!!) that I would rather put thousands of dollars into motorcycles and trips, because that's what I care about, I don't care about cars.

well at least he is entertainment for us all :rofl:

chick_in_the_hat
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Jeez Louise, Holly....you'd think he got the idea the first time. I would imagine the knife waving got your point across. :s;: People are so clueless...and it makes it all the more hilarious that his backpedalling only dug his (!) deeper. :lol: Hope your ears are buggin you less by now. Maybe you could just ignore your boss by claiming your ears are plugged and you can't hear him?

Mandy - :welcome2: Jill is gonna be psyched to see another FL chickie here!

Reda - :bravo: on staying OP! Treadmill counts in my book. :)

Sass - don't feel bad about not "getting" step...I don't get it either. Love your profile = *runs with scissors* :rofl:

scarahjs - hope DS is feeling better.

Jill, Andrea :wave:

Well I won't say it's cold here...(well it is, but you guys would prolly not agree :lol3:) but I think the fog is more wacky than the cold...it's fun to walk in, tho. I've been getting quite a bit of walking in because I'm dogsitting for a sick neighbor. Feels funny to walk a chihuahua went you are used to a doberman. I went to correct her yesterday because she was barking at a jogger and she didn't quite go flying....but she looked pretty surprised when I yanked a lil too hard. Oops. She stopped barking tho..mission accomplished. :D

VermontMom
12-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Feels funny to walk a chihuahua went you are used to a doberman. I went to correct her yesterday because she was barking at a jogger and she didn't quite go flying....but she looked pretty surprised when I yanked a lil too hard. Oops. She stopped barking tho..mission accomplished. :D

:rofl: thanks for the visual, that was funny! :D good idea about the blocked ears not hearing anything; would be more fun to place my palms over my hears and go "lalalalala" anytime he speaks to me :D

hi to everyone, had a holiday dinner to attend last night and oh gosh I havent had lasagna in forever, so 2 squares tasted SO good! Maybe an extra 15 minutes of cardio will relieve some guilt. And have to make Christmas cookies today, wish me some Iron Will Power :dust:

It is COLD here today, around 5 degrees, and not supposed to get over 15, but sunny, which is always welcomed. I still use my Happy Light each morning, even if it's sunny outside.

have a good one!

VermontMom
12-14-2008, 10:33 AM
good morning everyone :) Yesterday I did Gilad's 45/45 strength tape; today just finished Kelly Roberts step aerobic tape with hand held weights and ankle weights.

Ate some cookies yesterday. As Gina says, cookies happen. Back on track today.

have to get ready for work now, have a great day!

ChopperChick355
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone!!!

I know I have not been on here the last couple of days been really busy!!

Well you know we have been looking for a camper to take to the river since we got a permanent spot now and last weekend went looking then the one camper dealer was having an auction on Friday, we seen a few but my DH decided that we didn't need to go to the auction but guess what I went anyways;) called him after I got on the road.
SO last weekend we seen one that was 32 foot long with jumbo slide and a bedroom slide but someone abandoned it there after the dealership worked on it and never came and got it, all furniture is missing and the some trim has been taken down and electrical wiring is hanging out in open but all the trim is there, and they put all new floors in and paneling and wall paper.
Anyways the best part is I bought it on the auction for $800.00 yes $800.00 it is a 2000 Terry XL still retails in good condition for $29,000
I told my husband we need to get it finished will probably cost about 800.00-1000.00 then we should sell it - That would be great profit but it is perfect for a river cabin;)

Anyways yesterday we spent basically all day going to pick it up and bringing it home and checking it out to see what is working and what isn't, well the air conditioner and microwave are not working but that could be something in the wiring we will find out when our electrician friend comes down to check it out for us once it warms us at least on the plus side degrees.....

Last me and my sis went shopping didn't get home till like midnight then I was up again this morning at 7 to try and get my shopping finished up. Getting really close to done now. OH and I did finally get christmas tree up yesterday morning before taking off to get camper.

Eating well hasn't been perfectly OP but I haven't totally blown it either. Exercise well the last 2 days really not much but I have walked alot with the shopping that I havve been doing.

Holly great job standing up to the boss, that is awesome:carrot:

Gina I would love to have your cold weather except for when we go snowmobiling we really need to weather that we got:dizzy: Oh ya the visual of the chihuahua got me lauging:lol:

Well i need to wrap some presents while no one is home so talk at you later
Tonight is Survivor finale already

willow650
12-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey yall. I change my avatar to a pic of me and my bike Willow

mandy

VermontMom
12-15-2008, 10:36 AM
good morning, oh, what a great pic, Mandy! nice to 'see' you!

and Reda - OMG $800!!!! You did good, girl!!!! :carrot: congratulations!!!

This morning I did Cathe's Circuit Max and then an Abs segment of hers. WHOA I keep saying it but she wrings every bit I have out of me! Which I need...the evenings have not been good eating-wise. It's like I'm 2 different people :?:

a quote from a friend that is so good, 'progress does not require perfection, just consistancy'. That's what I'm stickin to :D

Hi to Gina, Jill, Sass, scarahjs, and Andrea!!!

here's a recent pic of our cutie Eddie in the snow. Heck, here's two pics :)

scarahjs
12-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

However, how hard is it to stick to a diet at Christmastime?!?!! I LOVE to bake cookies, I love to make 'em and to give 'em away, and I would love to be rock solid in my determination and be able to just eat one or two per batch instead of 8 or 10. Maybe I can.

I finally am on antibiotics for my sinuses/ear infection. This is my second day of the 5 day Z pack and I want a miracle, but I don't feel any better yet. This has gotta end, I think it's been a couple of weeks now!

I agree it is very hard to stay OP during christmas. There are always sooo many baked goods around. I was at a party yesterday and ate way to much. Then I got cookies to take home, so I brought them to work for everyone else to eat!

Well this weather is really crappy I woke up this morning to rain, then snow then the sun came out but still like 10 degrees out then about 6 tonight it started to rain again and now switching to snow again, will it ever end!!! Taking to some friends tonight about moto rally this summer and our Cancun trip in like 50 days :):)

That is crappy weather. Hopefully it gets better for you!

can you believe that he actually said that to me?!? I stopped slicing, POINTED THE KNIFE AT HIM, :devil: and said really loudly, 'Hey! that is MY business, as long as I get to work, what do you care, it's MY car, it's MY piece of **** car!!!" and I was making stabbing motions at him with the knife as I spoke :rofl:

That would have been great to see. I'm surprised he wouldn't have pooped his pants!!!

Feels funny to walk a chihuahua went you are used to a doberman. I went to correct her yesterday because she was barking at a jogger and she didn't quite go flying....but she looked pretty surprised when I yanked a lil too hard. Oops. She stopped barking tho..mission accomplished. :D

At least you didn't hurt her....lol

Anyways the best part is I bought it on the auction for $800.00 yes $800.00 it is a 2000 Terry XL still retails in good condition for $29,000

Great job on getting a good deal on the camper. I would definitly sell it once you get it fixed up.

here's a recent pic of our cutie Eddie in the snow. Heck, here's two pics :)

Eddie is soooo cute. I love dogs. I have a rotti and a jack russel mix at my house. They get into soo much trouble though:devil:

I've been busy this weekend, I haven't been on much. I finally started to workout on Saturday and it felt great. So hopefully it keeps up with me through the holidays.

ChopperChick355
12-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh Holly, Eddie is adorable but not that white stuff underneath him :)

I need to finish up christmas shopping but today not leaving the house so been cleaning- With wind chill it is 39- below way to cold to have to go any where. I believe it is coming your way Holly if it is not already there......

Well ladies have a great night

VermontMom
12-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh Holly, Eddie is adorable but not that white stuff underneath him :)

I need to finish up christmas shopping but today not leaving the house so been cleaning- With wind chill it is 39- below way to cold to have to go any where. I believe it is coming your way Holly if it is not already there......

Well ladies have a great night

Holy cow that's cold!! Don't blame you for not wanting to go out!

scarahjs, glad that the working out felt good, it does feel good, at least when we're done :devil:

I slept late this morning (have off) and was afraid it was going to turn into one of my non-productive, 'eh' days off...but after I had coffee and surfed a bit, I did Gilad's Step and Tone and was dripping sweat 15 minutes into it...45 minutes later when I was stretching out I was sooo glad I finished it. Now to keep up the good work by not eating bad stuff!!

Maybe for reinforcement I need to look at pics and video from this summer, when i was at a good size and feeling good about myself.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

willow650
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=VermontMom;2499859

I slept late this morning (have off) and was afraid it was going to turn into one of my non-productive, 'eh' days off...but after I had coffee and surfed a bit, I did Gilad's Step and Tone and was dripping sweat 15 minutes into it...45 minutes later when I was stretching out I was sooo glad I finished it. Now to keep up the good work by not eating bad stuff!!

Maybe for reinforcement I need to look at pics and video from this summer, when i was at a good size and feeling good about myself.

Hi to everyone else :wave:[/QUOTE]

I like working out to Gilad ...lol I wish I would have worked out with him this morning but I was lazy :( Kinda hoping house work would count as my work out but not doing much of it either

Mandy

ChopperChick355
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Well I had to venture out today but now we are getting lots of snow so decided I better head home. Thought I would get online quick before getting on the treadmil or maybe I will start back up with 30 Day Shred. I will check back in later.

You know Holly if I just had half of you determination :) I really feel like I have determination when I get up but seem to loose it within a couple of hours :(

VermontMom
12-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh Reda, I have determination in the morning...and I can SOOO easily lose sight in the evenings!! just gotta get trhough the holidays and all the darn cookies :D

We have SNOW this morning,, we thought maybe a couple of inches out there, nooo, more like 4 or 5, so it took longer to take care of and dh was almost late to work but the roads are a mess. I am lucky I dont have to leave for work until 10:30 (today will leave even earlier) so that gives the crews a little more time to work on them.

this morning I did a Cathe Step Interval and she had weight work also; I lightenend up on that because I did heavy upper body work yesterday. Exercising in a cool room (60 degrees0 wearing just shorts and a sports bra, and I was drippy sweat. Nice visual, huh :devil: sorry! :D

have a good one, chicks!!

chick_in_the_hat
12-17-2008, 05:12 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Eddie is ADORABLE!!!!!!

Work is calling..I'll post more later. :p

VermontMom
12-18-2008, 07:50 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Eddie is ADORABLE!!!!!!

Work is calling..I'll post more later. :p

thanks! I know all our dogs are the most adorable :D

good morning, have't been outside yet but i hope it won't be a repeat of yesterday (thinking there was only an inch or two and there was much more) At least I didn't see any cars off the road on the way to work, or they were taken care of by that time.

Had our Fire Dept. Auxiliary little Christmas get together last night, we each brought a snack to share so I had un-diet food :p

Nothing much to say, need more coffee. Then we'll take Eddie out to romp in the snow and see if we have to shovel/snow-blow. Then I'll work out inside. Talk atcha later :D

ChopperChick355
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Well again it has been a couple of days since logging on again......
I had a meeting about 60 miles away yesterday then decided I better get a little shopping done. Well my son calls me and says I need to come get him and take him to the ER "he said he broke his nose" I said I am in a meeting and you will need to call your dad what happen? He hung up
Call DH and he said all he knows is that the ambulance was dispatched and that he was headed that way

Well come to find out DH let our son take the snowmobile out with a friend and he caught a rope across the face well the rope actually ripped his helmet off, cut open his lip, helmet caught his nose and left scrapes all along the left side of his face, he thought for sure he broke his nose as much as it was bleeding. Anyways someone seen the accident called the police but by time the police got out there my son had already took off and headed over to the shop and the police seen the blood and followed snowmobile tracks to shop then called ambulance. Anyways DH took son to the clinic and we have no broken nose but lots of scrapes and a really fat upper lip and scraped up nose. :( But he is very lucky to be alive today because that could have very well taken his head off, I got home and was talking to him and I really do think that it did scare him, which it should but it wasn't like he was being careless he just didn't see the rope.. But all is good now he is sore but it is alright... Thank goodness!!!!!He is my baby even though he is just about 18

We do have more snow in forcast for tonight, Friday morning and again on Saturday, I guess it is that time of year...:dizzy: I really do plan on getting my butt in gear but realistically probably will be after christmas, I am watching for most part what I am eating but there are a few slip ups and not much again on exercising, I will get my butt in gear soon....

Have a great night and a SUPER FRIDAY!!!

Gina work is over rated take a break girl:D

VermontMom
12-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Reda - OMG!!!! I am SO glad it wasn't worse. I'm really sorry for his pain and swelling...but OMG as you said, it could have been horribly worse. poor kid!! and poor Mom and Dad.

VermontMom
12-20-2008, 08:45 AM
well good morning, the snow started falling yesterday afternoon, and as I left work at 4:00 pm could tell it would be an 'interesting' ride home, especially in my darling POS :D

After not even the first mile, I stopped to offer a push to someone who's car was off the road, he thanked me but as I was almost to the hood, he got it out.

I was very cautious, and of course those who have 4WD and superior tires were going much faster than I, and when we got to a hill with a stop sign at the top, i was thinking, "oh no" and wouldn;t you know, I couldn't move when it was time to go. Just spinning.

I was pretty sure I could get it moving, just give me a minute, and was thinking "hey do I still have that partial bag of sand in my trunk" when the care behind me started going AROUND me and passed me and didn't stop to offer help :mad: You don't want to know the mean, mean un-Christmas-y thoughts I had against them!!!

as I thought, I got it going in a minute or two, just applying gas and wrenching the wheel from side to side, caught just an inch or two of traction and made my way up. The rest of the way was okay, just slow, and even the last big long gradual hill was okay (where I have gone off before)

So we got a big dump of snow and more is coming Sunday, oh joy :devil:

I had five days of being on program last week, and it has just gone to heck since then. I work out each day but can't stick to healthy sensible eating. I just keep trying each day though.

I got in the mail my Christmas bonus from my summer job, they are usually VERY generous but I guess it wasn't as good a year economically because the bonus was 1/5th what it usually is, but I was happy to get something.

And for the current crappy job :devil: a co-worker approached me yesterday and said they were going together on getting a restaurant gift certificate for the boss....I managed NOT to snap 'NO!' and just said, "I'll let you know". But NO I am not going to go a penny into that, not for the jerk that mocks my car and never praises the good work I do. I might make them a meal as I did last year, because they complain about shopping and cooking.

Well I hope I"m not being too negative about everything, I feel another bout of depressive mood and negative thinking ( almost always around Christmas too) and am trying to fight through it. I know working out is at least one piece of armor against it.

chick_in_the_hat
12-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Hang in there, Holly! :hug:

Reda - OMG what a frightening experience! Hope DS is healing. And yeah, work is overrated... :p Good thing I have next week off. :carrot: We were supposed to go to Mexico to see DH's family....but the tickets were just astronomical and DH didn't really have any more time off. So I'm thinking I might paint the kitchen this week. PARTAY! :dizzy: We'll see...knowing me I'll be hanging out online.

Mandy - What a pretty bike Willow is. :D

It sounds like everyone is busy with holiday stuff... gotta use all these smilies before it's too late. :lol:

:brr::gift2::snowfight:snowball1:xcheer:

:mrsclaus::snowglo::ginger::shocksn:

Well - I'm off for a bike ride - sunshine today... but the rain is coming back tomorrow.

ChopperChick355
12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone!!! Well DS is doing fine, since Wednesday he has not asked to go snowmobiling at all and we have gotten like a foot of snow between thursday night and this morning. I think it really scared him because ususally this amount of snow he is chomping at the bit to get out there and ride but it is really windy and very low visablility.

Gina so sorry you didn't get to make to Mexico this holiday season, we will be doing the same as you next week, tearing up carpet and redoing the hardwood floors that are underneath and painting walls, redoing trim and putting in new furniture all this in both living room and dining room. Trying to get done before New Years parrrrrty.

Holly I like you idea of the supper meal, you know that is more special than store bought stuff... I can't believe someone just drove right around you and didn't offer to help or nothing, I wouldn't have just thoughts, I would have probably had alot of choice words as well and probably outloud :)
Isn't a christmas bonus always nice, and with the economy the way it is just getting something from employers is always great!!! Of course just having a job is Great! We have one company that told there employees that there would be no profit sharing bonus checks or raises in January but that everyone would be able to stay employed. You know some of them b*tched and complained and I just looked at them and said you know you still have a job, look at other companies intown that laid off and now those are without jobs and at holiday time.....Some people are just so ungrateful
:(
I did finally get all christmas shopping done, the older the kids get the less gifts under the tree, but still spend the same amount, interests change and stuff just cost more. Parents are always the hardest, but I try to be creative but running out of creativity :)
Well going to visit my mother here shortly so better get rolling, we have had super bad weather last couple of days so better check on her to see if she needs anything, talk to you later

VermontMom
12-20-2008, 05:46 PM
... the older the kids get the less gifts under the tree, but still spend the same amount, interests change and stuff just cost more.

:) how true! and how nice of you to check on your mom, and so glad son is on his way to healing. Oh, and I did a hand gesture to those people, too bad they couldn't see it :devil:

Hi Gina, sorry to hear the tickets were too pricey. Hope you have a nice week off and gets lots done that you want :)

My husband has been super-good to me today, I just did NOT want to get out of bed, but he nicely made me. And agreed to me doing whatever I wanted to take it easy (like just bundle up on chair and read) but that I should read downstairs and not retreat upstairs to be alone. And insisted on me exercising, because he knows how much better I feel afterwards when I do. Well I just did a Cathe tape and it was a challenge, not only physically but with Eddie the Crazy Dog getting totally underfoot and in the way but I finished an hour with Cathe, and am glad I did.

I am always so glad to have you all to vent at :D it gives truth to 'hang in there, this will pass' and I inevitably feel better if not right away, then pretty soon. Thanks guys! :hug:

VermontMom
12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
good morning, just finished Gilad's Hips/Legs/Buns, then 30 minutes of Cathe aerobics and then some Abs.

I'm having DH drive me to work, we're supposed to get another 5 - 10" today, and even more tomorrow!!!!!!! Nice for the tourist industry, a pain to deal with.

have a great day :)

chick_in_the_hat
12-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Sending :sunny: from CA...even if technically it's raining this morning. :p

ChopperChick355
12-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Gina I would love to have some of your :sunny: but I guess we do have to have some winter before summer....

I finally got Christmas cards done yesterday and had to wait at the post office for a half hour to get stamps, I wanted Christmas stamps not the regular every day stamps.

Holly it is good to hear that your DH helps push you along, especially when you get one of those off days. Oh an snow well sounds like you are getting more than us here, I could handle the snow but it is this 30-40 degree below zero with wind chill that is the worst :(

Well sent pictures to walmart so I can get frames and updated pictures sent off to my dad in Branson, MO. We only see him once a year so at Christmas time I always send new pics of the family.

Hope everyone's Sunday is going SUPER!!!!

VermontMom
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
good evening! Well got home safely from work yesterday, even with all the snow. And it finally let off a bit during the night.

I weighed myself finally this morning, after dreading it. And I have gained alot. So I have been shocked into re-committing.

This morning for exercise I did a Cathe aerobics/strength DVD and an abs segment.

Reda, that was a long time to wait at the post office! but that's real nice of you to send pics to your dad.

have a good night!

ChopperChick355
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Good Evening,

Holly I know you will re-commit and be right back on track in no time :)

I still need to do the same I was doing really good today had a ham n cheese lettuce wrap, cheese stick, broccoli so it was all going good then decided to do a little shopping lost track of time and wouldn't you know it was already 5:15 so DH texted and said bring pizza home and I did--
What was I thinking after I ate so good today then blew it with pizza :(

So again back on track tomorrow, I only have 42 days till vacation and to try and lose at least 10 pounds ????? I have to start exercising as well :( Why can't it be like it use to be? I never had to worry about weight ever until I had children I mean really I would eat like chicken sandwich, hot ham n cheese, large fries and a soda for lunch every day then sometimes same combo for supper and couldn't gain an ounce --- and now I eat one of those sandwiches and I gain 5 pounds :(

OK enough whining from me for the night I should really go get some cheese with all of this whining.....:)

Have a great night

VermontMom
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
good morning! I have off and a ton of things to do. But the sun is shining and that always helps me, even though we have tons of snow and it's like 0 outside :shock

Reda, I will be your 'lose 10 pounds in 42 (or 41) days' partner! If it means I have to weigh myself every day (gah!!) I will. I am one day 'clean' (no sugar or bad carbs). Haven't exercised yet but I will today. I just got back from the store and bought yogurt, eggbeaters, lowfat mayo, tuna and veggies. If I have those around, I have no excuse on 'nothing for me to eat'. I just have to PLAN ahead and prepare.

Oh! this is funny. My boss totally denies that he bailed on us at work last year, on New Year's Day ( I'm sure I vented to you all about it). Last year, New Years Day was a Tuesday, and he usually takes Tuesdays off, and he took off that day, even though NewYearsDay is KILLER busy for us at the store. Swears that 'he would never do that'. Well that's BS and I don't really care if he denies it, I know he did it, and that was the beginning of no respect for him.

Okay I'd better get crackin on stuff. Have a great day!!! I might pop back later, when I'm really trying to re-commit I come here and read all the forums.

VermontMom
12-23-2008, 09:17 PM
okay, I did alot of errands in our normally sleepy little town that has suddenly gotten tons of traffic, and anything in the stores takes 5X's as long! But I delivered cookies to people, did errands, then came home and worked out for almost 1 1/2 hours :eek:

First did a Cathe DVD, which is usually an hour long but it did a little skip at the end by itself so it ended about 12 minutes early...so I did Gilad's Hips/Thighs/Buns, and then an abs workout (maybe 10 minutes)

Breakfast was an omelet thing made with onion, broccoli, red pepper, shredded cabbage and eggbeaters, and there were 4 'little weiners' in it, leftover from husband's breakfast. Lunch tunafish, dinner baked chicken (a thigh and a drumstick) and coleslaw; then a cup of yogurt. And I am packing up dozens and dozens of cookies for people, it's good to feel some self-restraint!

chick_in_the_hat
12-23-2008, 10:19 PM
U da bomb, Cupcake! :D

Reda - my dh made a pecan pie and I've had 3 pieces..so I get how easy it is to just go along with them. :mad: I prefer to blame dh....it negates me from any responsibility for myself. :s:

I had a thoroughly uneventful day. Did next to nothing. Except go to the sprint store to try to get a replacement battery for my cell phone. Mission not accomplished. Time to try online. i'm liking this do nothing thing. I'm sure the kitchen will paint itself eventually. ;)

ChopperChick355
12-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Oh responsibility well that is all mine, I could have easily said no I will be home in about an hour and will cook something instead I said ok I will bring pizza home:(
Well today has been a great day, besides the fact that I didn't get breakfast, wasn't hungry and was busy so forgot about it. Anyways for lunch I had ham, cheese, and lettuce wrap. Snack I had broccoli, supper I had chicken fajitas. I have done really good today and so far on plan totally. I still haven't exercised per say, I have done alot of walking while shopping so that should account for something :)

Holly nice job staying OP today as well and getting in your exericse:carrot:

Well tomorrow I do have some wrapping to take care of and then I have to make chili cheese dip, little smokies for our what we call open house just for a evening of friends and family stopping for snack and drink. Some stay for hours and some only stop for a bit. It is fun though to get everyone together:)

Hope everyone day goes good tomorrow:carrot::D

VermontMom
12-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Good morning! I managed to get up a little earlier, have some extra things to do on the way to work (deiver cookies, bank, maybe one more store stop)

Gina, mmm pecan pie. Does your dh cook alot? Mine cooks but by own admission doesn't bake that well, LOL

Reda, you open house sounds fun, wish we coudl drop by! :D

Hard to believe it's Christmas Eve! well at least for me. We really did not do alot of gift buying, I know that's not what it's all about. Keeping our bills down is what I'M all about :D

I have shorter work hours today, wonder of wonders. 11:00 to 3:30 (or so boss says). I just know if there's a lot of people around, he'll want to stay open later. That fine, as long as I go home as promised and he stays! :wink:

have a great morning chicks! I'll probably stop by again later.

:snowglo::candy::tree::ginger::clause::rudolph: these are all very cute btw

VermontMom
12-27-2008, 08:09 AM
good morning! Why is there still a tree in our living room?! lol, I am always anxious to ditch the tree AND all the holiday treats right after Christmas Day.

We get to pick up the new-to-me Honda Accord this afternoon, yay! No more holey-muffler car roaring at me.

I didn't exercise on Christmas day (kudos to anyone who did!) but did yesterday. Didn't do so well staying away from treats last night.

Oh. My. Gosh. My rotten winter boss gave me a pretty okay cash bonus. And wrote "thank you for making my life easier in the deli." Who are you and what have you done to my boss :rofl: It'll go right towards paying for the car.

okay, need to get the recycling and garbage together and get it to top of driveway, the guy comes pretty early. And there's alot after this holiday week.

have a good one!

ChopperChick355
12-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Hello everyone made it through the holidays :)

I did get the tree down already it just takes up so much room. It is time to get back to reality :)

Holly great news on getting your car and the cash bonus that always comes in handy this time of year;) especially since you had to buy a new car.

Christmas was good I did get a Wii Fit and spent an hour and a half on it yesterday, it does give you quite the little workout, even had a little sweat build up :carrot: I believe someone was saying that there is a Jillians Micheals workout for the Wii, so I am going to see if I can find it today and buy it. That way I can switch off with a few different things and I won't get as bored that way!!

Well my eating not so good today already I had McDonalds I don't know what I am thinking but it was just convient today :(

Ok talk to you later have a great weekend

ChopperChick355
12-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Well just thought I would check in and say HI!!!

My eating has been good the last couple of days, and I finally got some real exercise in today besides the wii fit games. I started 30 day Shred today and it kicked my butt. I also did do the step aerobics on the wii for 20 minutes so all is good so far today :)

So what does everyone have planned for New Years Eve if anything?

VermontMom
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Hey crew! I got my new-to-me Honda Accord and am liking it very much.

YAY Reda for keeping on plan!! and congrats on the wii :carrot:

I had one day on program yesterday (rolling eyes at self) but it was a good victory, I was at work and it was very busy but I managed to eat my lunch (in about 3 minutes, rolling eyes again!) and that kept me from having a huge cookie or anything else bad. AND I was good at home. For the first time since the holidays! (rolling eyes once more!)

I have off today, shoveled first thing in the morning, and have just finished laundry, and vacuuming; now need to work out, then pick some other chore.

The sun is out though the wind is gusting and blowing the fresh new snow around, blustery! but I LOVE LOVE the sun. OH! my car has a sunroof!!!!! It's ver distracting to NOT look up at the blue sky and clouds and keep my eyes on the road, LOL!

VermontMom
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Me again :D My exercise was 30-ish-ness of Cathe, and then her abs section. And I shoveled again, but it wasn't aerobic, but I'm sure I burned a few calories just keeping warm.

willow650
12-30-2008, 08:22 PM
I would think shoveling snow would be quite the workout, and not one I want to try....lol.
Im just trying to get back to some sort of routine now that we are home from traveling. I am working on week 2 of Couch to 5k. I don't really have an eating plan at the moment, just trying to limit the junk, increase whole foods and that seems to be working.
Anyone gotten in any rides lately? Hubby and I got to go on a 2 hour ride Sunday afternoon with some friends from Church then another short ride this afternoon for lunch. Ya know I found a site that said I can burn 131 cals an hour riding a motorcycle. I doubt it but its a lovely thought. Although I do get tired and my inner thighs and arms do get sore so maybe Im working something...lol

VermontMom
12-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Mandy, great to hear from you! Oh, are you sure you don't want to shovel some of my snow? LOL

Ya know I found a site that said I can burn 131 cals an hour riding a motorcycle. I doubt it but its a lovely thought. Although I do get tired and my inner thighs and arms do get sore so maybe Im working something...lol

I would love it if that were true! :D Who can figure how many hours went into my approx 15,000 miles of riding this season...I think I'd be a pretty skinny minny! :)

ChopperChick355
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
You two are to funny:rofl:

I wish I was able to be riding right now!!!!! You are so lucky Mandy

How is that new car going for you Holly? Sun roofs they are so fun in the summer time :)

Well I did get day 2 of the 30 day shred done today plus 30 min on the wii with hoola hupping and step arobics, eating wasn't so totally OP but not way off the charts either....:(

I am so sick of the wind....... it just needs to find a different home instead of SD :)

Hope everyone has a Great New Years!!!:cheers:

willow650
12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
OK I totally want a wii fit, and I would love to find a used copy of 30DS. I know its inexpensive but just getting out of Christmas, no extra money at the moment

VermontMom
12-31-2008, 08:00 AM
good morning! I was able to get up on time today. I have to see if that correlates to my eating South Beach style. Because I have had alot of days lately when I did not give a darn if I got out of bed at 6:00 or at 9:00.

I weighed and am going to go ahead and move ticker down one pound, back into the 150's, even though it's the high end of 150's :carrot: As we all know that is sooo good for morale and encouragement to keep on keepin on! (a phrase from one of our original Chicks on Motorcycles, Harleymom - hugs to you!!!)

I was so discouraged at knowing I've gained 10 pounds but, looking at my journal from last year, at this point last year I was 17 pounds heavier than I am right now :shock: so that makes me feel a little smaller :D

Today is going to be real busy at work, we had that fresh snow yesterday which would have made the skiiers happy, so they come into the store in droves because the store is right on the way to/from the mountain. I do like it when it's real busy, makes the time go by and I get to demonstrate to my boss how helpful I can be, being aware of what's needed and anticipating and handing him stuff before he asks for it :D I'm like a sandwich surgical nurse :rofl:

Reda, I love my car...but it's been pulled over twice!! ha! The first time,
I was coming home from work Sunday night, and there is one intersection that is a four-way stop. I came to a full stop, because a car to my left had arrived first. There was a car approaching from the right but I was next so I then proceeded straight through the intersection. The car to my right did initially stop, but then started moving as I was halfway through the intersection. I gave my horn a quick two beeps, more as an irritation as I was 3/4 way through by then. Three seconds later, strobing blues behind me.

I pulled over and put the car in park. The officer came up with his flashlight, and asked how I was, and did I know why he pulled me over? I said, I have no idea! He said, did you maybe go through that stop sign back there? I looked aghast, and said NO! I am a motorcyclist, I would NEVER go through a stop sign!!

He said, well, I didn't actually see any infraction, but I heard a horn honk and then I saw you coming through the intersection, so I was going to give you a scolding about it.

I said, I was the one beeping, at the car that was starting towards me as I was going through!

He said well okay then, have a good night.

I got maybe a hundred yards down the road, when I started getting mad. He admitted, that he didn't see anything, so he pulled me over with improbable cause, then was phishing to see if he could get anything from me.

Then I also realized, that he is a sloppy cop, because he didn't run my plates even before he got out of his car. Because if he had, he would have found out that the plates were for a 96 Geo Prism and they were on a Honda Accord!

The second time was the next night, I let my son borrow the car because his jeep is being worked on. He was pulled over, and was asked for license/registration (I wasn't) and the cop didn't say anything about the registration not matching. But told my son that there was one license plate light out, and a tail light out. No written warning though, just verbal.

Why can't The Man hassle the real criminals :D

Just finished my second cup of coffee so I'm rarin to go. I will work out, then make a big South Beach approved veggie omelet thing, have half now and pack the rest for lunch.

Gah, any New Year's Resolutions? I would like to try to do the 'exercise every day'.

Happy New Year's Eve to my moto-chick-friends!! See you next year :D

VermontMom
12-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh! one more thing. I just got my collage.com cataloge yesterday and they are berating me for not ordering anything for a while :D Reda would you recommend the Jillian 30 day shred? I'm thinking of that one, or two others that are cardio/strength.

willow650
12-31-2008, 10:38 AM
VermontMom, Nothing like being pulled over for no good reason. maybe he thought you were cute? As far as the tag, I think you can get in serious trouble for that if they ever bother to look. I remember in my younger days, I had just left a bar(wasnt old enough to be there) I had a few drinks but i want drunk, my friend on the other hand, COMPLETELY passed out. So, I am driving down the interstate, trying to get a lighter out of my pocket so i am driving with my knee. Needless to say, I was pulled over for serving. I told the cop why I was driving that, was honest that I had just left a bar(too nervous to lie) Had to take a breathalyzer, my tag was expired(my dad forgot to put the stickers on..lol) I had a head light out, and he tells me my license had been suspended, I didn't even know it, in my state at the time if you quit school you lost your license but I was already 18 and just a couple credits short of getting my diploma so I didn't think it accrued to me. I thought for sure I was going to Jail, but for some miracle, the guy let me go.

I have got to exercise today, might be hard though with it being New Years eve. Hubby usually goes with me to time me since i am doing the Couch to 5K program. I have tried timing my self but its not easy to do. I REALLY want 30DS.

willow650
12-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh! one more thing. I just got my collage.com cataloge yesterday and they are berating me for not ordering anything for a while .

What is collage.com?

chick_in_the_hat
12-31-2008, 07:48 PM
:newyear:

My knee is sore...can't ride anything. :mad: And food has been kinda outta control. :mad::mad: At least I'm gonna hit the gym and get an upper body workout in.

Fresh start - starting.....................NOW!

After we are headed for the old people fireworks that go off @ 9PM... :lol:

VermontMom
12-31-2008, 08:58 PM
What is collage.com?

It's www.collagevideo.com and it's a wonderful, wonderful exercise video/dvd source! They have a panel of folks that do the videos themselves, and the catalogue is laid out superbly, with honest reviews and grouped by aerobics, step aerobics, aerobics with strength, strength, yoga, stretch...It's how I've acquired most of my videos. They're not really bargain prices, but that's okay, they're quality vids/dvd's and they have a satisfaction guaranteed policy, even if the video/dvd was opened, and you tried it and didn't care for it.

Oh, and I will get a proper registration for my new vehicle....just with the holidays, haven't done it yet. You must have been SCARED that time you were pulled over :eek:

VermontMom
12-31-2008, 09:00 PM
:newyear:

My knee is sore...can't ride anything. :mad: And food has been kinda outta control. :mad::mad: At least I'm gonna hit the gym and get an upper body workout in.

Fresh start - starting.....................NOW!

After we are headed for the old people fireworks that go off @ 9PM... :lol:

:rofl:

but sorry about the sore knee!! :( and fresh start :dust: to you! heck, to us all :D

VermontMom
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Good morning and Happy New Year

I didn't stay up, didn't even try :)

gotta work out and then make my breakfast, lunch and get to work. It was kinda busy yesterday at work, but it was totally bearable because the boss actually had enough people staffed. A miracle! :rofl:

have a great day! Keep your goals in mind, and think of us on our bikes when the warm air is here, and our bikes will go faster because we'll be lighter :D

willow650
01-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Congrats on the 5k Gina!!!!

VermontMom
01-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Made it through another day on program. THis morning I did a Cathe dvd, then ab work. About an hour altogether.

ChopperChick355
01-01-2009, 09:47 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Mandy 30 day shred was on sale at KMart this week for $6 along with some other Biggest Loser Workout Videos. If you have a Kmart I would check it out probably only onsale thru Saturday. OMG Mandy I would have been freaking out at that age and getting pulled over for all those reason and that was super nice of that officer to let you off on all :O)

Holly I do think 30 Day Shred is a great workout and I believe it can really work your body if you stay on top of it. When you are sore after doing it something has to be working........right?

Well New Years Eve went well for us we all hung out and played the Wii and had a few drinks then about 11 we went down town for the midnight hour and to see all of our other friends then home at 1am. We slow cooked baby back ribs, and pork loins then we all brought salads and it was all so good just brought a little bit of summer back :)

Well I have been super LAZY today but as soon as I log off I am off to do Day 3 of 30 day Shred I did miss yesterday but I do only take off 1 day a week but I plan on doing 6 days a week for the next 4 weeks have to get ready for Cancun:) they have a webcam set up at the resort we stay at here is the link http://www.realresorts.com/The_Royal_Cancun/Webcam/
Just watching the beach and the waves rolling in oh just can't wait 31 days left :)

I think I am going to take tomorrow off as well, we bought new furniture for living room and have all the stuff to get the hardwood floors done we just have to get things cleared out to start working so tomorrow I am thinking if I can get that done then this weekend we can get started so next weekend we can go pick up our new furniture :) Lot of work but it will be all worth it

Gina, sorry to hear about your knee but at least you are still working the upper body so not all lost :)

ChopperChick355
01-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey Holly great job on staying OP today, I must have been typing as you were but you are alot faster than me....:o

VermontMom
01-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Good morning chicks! Reda, OH I am happily jealous of you flying off to the sun and sand and warmth and everything s-o-o-o much! :D Maybe some year soon when we get expenses under control we can plan for something like that.

I feel sooo good for the past couple of days. Could it be because of the 'good' foods I've been having instead of processed stuff??? Does an anvil have to fall on my head to grasp ideas :dizzy: I have continued with my med of course, and been doing Light therapy each day, and exercise each day; now that the whole foods are in the mix, I feel good . Happy and content and looking forward to each day. It's such a basic-sounding thing but I can sure tell when I don't feel good. Whatever, I want it to continue!!

have a good one!! I might check in after I work out, to post what exercise I've done.

ChopperChick355
01-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Good Morning all- thought I would check in before getting my butt to work today!! Both exercising and cleaning house. Both are needed so today is the day :)

Darn went to look at webcam and see it is down right now- darn it that gets me going in the morning, hopefully it will be back up later today :)

Have a great Friday

willow650
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Vermont mom, you need to move to Florida :)

willow650
01-02-2009, 01:18 PM
So far so good today, Hubby and i went out to the track on the navy bas and we did a 5K this morning. its lunch time now and i am going to eat a Lean Cuisine panini(sp?) I am kicking myself for not getting Jillians 30ds dvd when i saw it yesterday. At walmart it was only 9.00.

VermontMom
01-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Vermont mom, you need to move to Florida :)

I think you're right! :)

$9.00, good price! Can you tell me about the video? I hear the '30 day shred', is the workout varied or do you do the same one for 30 days?

This morning I did a Karen Voigt step/strength tape, almost 1 hour. South Beach approved breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, yay!! Still motivated enough to even not think twice (well, three times :D) at everyone else here having a bowl of cereal this evening.

see you tomorrow!

VermontMom
01-03-2009, 09:21 AM
good mornin! Husband and I both have today off, and we were sleeping in, but came awake with a start when we realized the garbage and recycling was not taken out, and the guy was coming in less than 30 minutes. As we stumbled outside, we saw the four inches of snow that we had to deal with also! and older son had overslept, so he was no help with the snow. I need some coffee before I can talk more :D

willow650
01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
lol I was going to sleep in also, but my 6yrold had the TV too loud and didnt know how to turn it down :(. It is SO foggy here this morning. Im not sure what our plan is for today. I know last week we said we were going to clean out our 6yrolds room and clean out the garage. I really dont want to do either of those things. I think I want to be lazy and just play Mario Kart all day...lol.
I ate to much at a neighbors get together last night so I should probably get some sort of exercise today.
The 30DS I think has 4 weeks of exercise, starts out beginner then moves to advanced. I have been reading some of the 30DS threads here at 3FC and it sounds pretty good.

VermontMom
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi Mandy, lol @ poor kid who couldn't turn down the TV at 6:00 am :dizzy::) Mario Kart! such fun :D

Well when I was taking down the Christmas tree yesterday, and tidying up that corner, I found my son's copy of The Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout, and did that this morning. I chose the Warm up; then 20 minutes with Bob at Cardio level 1 and then 10 minutes with Jillian at Cardio level 2, and was whooped! Then I put in Gilad's Abs tape and did 10 minutes of that. Felt good afterwards!! After it was all over :p There is one more level, 10 minutes with Kim, I have to make myself do the whole thing next time.

Still eating well, and feeling good all over. OH!!! my husband actually said maybe he'd try doing the DVD tonight.

We just got back from Costco, had to do a big shopping there for the things we need for next Saturday's Harley Raffle. We do the food for 300 people. Chicken and biscuits, roasted potatoes, green salad, brownies for dessert. We buy Ghiradelli's triple chocolate brownie mix (one box makes 90) we get potatoes donated by someone who farms; we do order the biscuits from Price Chopper, it's worth the money. I am fortunate to have a large upright freezer on our back porch that I can bake ahead and freeze the dessert. Close friends of ours won the bike last year! 175 tickets are sold, at $100 a pop. So the chances aren't that bad.

Husband got a snack at Burger King after shopping; I sat there and said 'no thank you' and boy was that hard, it smelled sooo good. But I didn't cave.

have a good evening!

willow650
01-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I didn't get any exercise today, other than cleaning out my daughters room, and while that was a good bit of work, I dont think it was worth a bunch of calories. I think ate ok, really didnt eat not enough but my stomach feels like I WAY over ate and i feel bloated and huge so it doesn't feel good.

Holly, congrats doing so well this week

VermontMom
01-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Good morning chicks! cleaning out a child's room sure is a lot of work and an big accomplishment! sorry you feel bloated and uncomfortable Mandy, hope that goes away.

I almost made it 100% yesterday but at like 9:45 at night I found 2 'light' ice cream sandwiches in the freezer, and disposed of them but in the wrong way. Eh. a small slip in almost 5 days, I won't beat myself up.

This morning I did Keli Roberts step aerobics tape, all of it, with handheld weights and ankle weights, and her ab section at the end. Breakfast was the veggie/egg thing. I just made my lunch (tuna mixed with low fat coleslaw and green peppers) and am about to find some yogurt or something to bring as my snack. Work today from 11 to 6, so I have to be prepared to stay away from the cookies.

where is everyone else? come out! Have a good day :)

willow650
01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Holly, I dont think 2 light bars is too bad, Im sure you didnt undo any work you have done. Today was a pretty smooth day, we went to church, came home, eat lunch, went grocery shopping, ate dinner and then I went on a 7mile bicycle ride. Tomorrow I will be back to couch to 5k training.

VermontMom
01-05-2009, 07:54 AM
good morning chicks :)

7 mile bicycle ride is long! good for you Mandy :carrot:

Had a complete on program day yesterday, yay. It took SO long ( I thought) to prepare breakfast, eat it; prepare lunch, pack it all so it doesn't drip, and drag it into work, but it sure paid off. I wasn't hungry inbetween meals so I wasn't tempted by the bakery stuff at work, yay!

I think I'll do The Biggest Loser dvd again today, it was different and a challenge. Or a Cathe aerobics and then some Gilad strength. decisions, decision :dizzy: :)

We have motorcycling friends who are planning a big get together party after the Easy Rider Bike Show in Feb., in Ohio. It's just too long a drive for a short weekend for us, but so many of our biking friends live in that area, so it's a given that they're all going to party together. I'm gonna be jealous of them that weekend! :D but wish them a good time (and they will have it, lol)

It's STILL dark out at almost 7:00 a.m., can't wait until it gets lighter in the mornings!

I'll probably check in after I work out. Talk at you later :D

willow650
01-05-2009, 08:25 AM
A bike show, in Feb, in OHIO?? Does not sound like fun to me. Now, a bike week in Feb, in Daytona, thats a good time...lol.
I am meeting hubby at lunch today and he is going to time me for my Couch to 5K training. Not sure whats in the menu today. Its 7:20am and I cant decide if i want breakfast not or at 8:30 when i get back from taking my daughters to school. Breakfast could be multi grain cheerios, eggs and turkey bacon or a parfait with frozen fruit, non fat yogurt with All bran bran buds on top. Lunch will probably be a lean cuisine panini or left overs and no clue about dinner yet. Hope everyone has a great day

VermontMom
01-05-2009, 10:06 AM
good luck on your timing, Mandy! and your menu sounds good for today.

I just finished The Biggest Loser Cardio, levels 1 and 2. Could NOT even think about level 3 :p But I did then do about 6 minutes of Ab work with Cathe.

have a great day!

willow650
01-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Meet Willow. She is Yamaha VStar 650 Classic. She bike number 2. I also have 1996 Suzuki Savage, His name is Old yeller..lol Old yeller broke down before I ever really got to ride then last Feb Hubby bought mt Willow for anniversary/Valentines present.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/my2grlz1boy/CIMG0107-1.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/my2grlz1boy/CIMG0108-1.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/my2grlz1boy/CIMG0110.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/my2grlz1boy/CIMG0109.jpg

Willow was purchased at ROAR Motorcycles. The customize bikes for women, the own Kathleen Tollsen was featured on Martha Stewart just a few months ago. you can check out more of their bikes and what they do at www.roarmotorcycles.com

ChopperChick355
01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Well ladies I have been MIA lately we have been re-doing the floors and painting and painting more but it took one whole day just to get the floor done in dining room and still have living room to do as well been so busy the last 4 days that we finally took today off to re-coop...... Thought I better check in:o

Mandy that is quite the paint job did you pick it or did you buy it that way? It is a very different but nice paint job:) The seat color def makes the whole thing work as well. Wow it is sharp girlie!!!!!

Holly sounds like you are doing very well staying OP and exercising.

30DS does have 3 levels but it is pretty much the same thing but each level does different variations to each workout. Does this make any sense???

Well I have been pretty much staying OP but not getting to much exercise in again the last few days due to trying to get these rooms done.:)

Well off to exercise here shortly no excuses tonight since not working on the house....

Have a great night

VermontMom
01-06-2009, 08:56 AM
good morning! ooooo, nice pics of Willow, Mandy! real sharp bike :moped: (would be nice to have a cruiser smilie, wouldn't it! :) )

Hi Reda! I figured you'd be busy with all that painting and remodeling, it will be so nice when it's done, won't it! and yay to you for staying OP, and all that work on the house counts too, doesn't it :carrot:

I have off today, but have lots to do. First exercise to get it out of the way; then laundry, pay bills/ file stuff (re-orging the file cabinet would be good too) and getting a start on baking the brownies for 300 people for this weekend's Harley raffle. Wish me luck on no tasting! :devil: Oh and really should register my new-to-me car. Oh joy, going to Motor Vehicles!

Another messy winter storm is supposed to move in tomorrow, bleh. All we really need to help our local economy is a little bit of fresh snow each night.

have a good one!

VermontMom
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
me again :D just posting my exercise, Gilad's Step and Tone with 5# hand weights and 1# ankle weights; one hour. Then about 6 or 7 minutes of Cathe abs, just to punish myself a bit more :devil:

confession time, I slipped up at work yesterday and had a big cookie; then I stupidly brought 3 home to share and had another one last night. Back on the wagon now!!!

VermontMom
01-07-2009, 07:26 AM
good morning all :) Just saying hi, need to workout then I'll post what I did.

VermontMom
01-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm back, I did a Denise Austin tape, cardio and strength. I like how, that I can see how I've improved in some aspects of this tape, from doing other stuff.

oh and I warmed up by shoveling snow at 7:00 :devil:

willow650
01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Great job Holly. I didnt exercise yesterday, been kinda pushing myself. 2 8 miles bicycle rides in a row was a little much. On the upside, I have lost an official 10lbs since i started Dec 2nd. I am so excited. I would love to be another 10 down by Feb 13th. Thats mine and hubby's 10yr anniversary. I am supposed to do my couch to 5k program today but its decided to rain :( Guess I can work out with Gilad

ChopperChick355
01-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi Girlies!!!! Well had to buy a new water heater yesterday got it home and it was a leaker so by time we figured that out everyone was closed so went today and bought a new one now it is getting installed had to re-do some of the pipe work as well..... So we haven't gotten much done last night or tonight on the house just got the call that our furniture is in but we are no where near ready for it.... :(

Anyways I did get 30 minutes on treadmil last night and also today along with some strenght stuff today as well but only like 20 minutes... :)My eating has been OP so far all week but I am thinking after looking at what I am eating I may not be eating enough but I haven't been hungry well except for right now but as soon as they get done with water heater we are suppose to be going out for supper - It is our 20th wedding anniversay today :) :)

Oh Holly big cookies sound so good I have been resisting them at everyone of my stores everyday, I almost gave in today but thought nope going out to eat tonight so need to wait.

Sounds like all the exercising is going great though for everyone! :)

Well have a great day tomorrow all

scarahjs
01-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Well I have been MIA since before Christmas. I stared back up about a week ago and still trying to get caught up with the challenges that I signed up for. So today I'm trying to get caught up with you guys.

Well so far I am OP for almost a week. Last night I made Chicken and Veggies and they were yummy and filling. I felt very very good about my dinner. It has now been two days since I worked out. I usually go to bed early and don't workout at night, but maybe tonight I will do some WATP and then tomorrow morn get up early and do something that has high intensity. Can't wait till weigh in tomorrow. I am very anxious to see how much I have lost, I hope it is a good amount since I gained soooo much during the holidays.

Have a great day everyone!!

On the upside, I have lost an official 10lbs since i started Dec 2nd. I am so excited. I would love to be another 10 down by Feb 13th. Thats mine and hubby's 10yr anniversary.

I love the bike, that is beautiful.
That is a great weight loss in a month. Congrats!!!

Hi Girlies!!!! Well had to buy a new water heater yesterday got it home and it was a leaker so by time we figured that out everyone was closed so went today and bought a new one now it is getting installed had to re-do some of the pipe work as well.....

We had to buy a new water heater back in the summer and it's a big pain in the butt. Luckily my husband does all that stuff for a living.
Hopefully you get finished with everything!

confession time, I slipped up at work yesterday and had a big cookie; then I stupidly brought 3 home to share and had another one last night. Back on the wagon now!!!

At least you didn't eat all of them :o

ChopperChick355
01-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone just wanted to stop in to say HI!!! I did get 40 minutes of exercise in today before we started working on the house again. I ate OP all of today again as well, I am just hoping to lose about 8 more pounds before leaving for vacation I think very doable in 24 day, that is .33 pounds per day!!! As long as I stay OP with not to any slips I should be good to go!

Well I will try to check in tomorrow night but not sure we are going to start painting the living room but I have to go buy the paint tomorrow. I am going with Dutchboy Dimensions - Granite, it is so cool it is like 2 colors with a texture in the paint. Downside it is like $36 a gallon :( but it will be worth it in the long run :)

Well hope everyone has a great WEEKEND!!!

VermontMom
01-09-2009, 09:58 AM
good morning chicks, it's good to hear from you scarahjs! and Reda, yay to you for eating OP!!! I will try to follow YOUR good lead, I haven't had a good couple of days but I'll keep trying.

yesterday I just did not want to get out of bed, and it was the first day since Christmas that I did not work out, but I'm (hopefully) back on the exercise wagon today, just finished a Karen Voigt cardio/strength tape.

Still plugging away each evening making the bars for the raffle dinner tomorrow, THEY have been my downfall! (well, my lack of willpower is the real reason) but I'm finishing up with them tonight, then making pump. pies tonight; then the raffle is tomorrow and I'll be done with them, they'll beout of the house!

We are going to go to the Columbus Bike Show, the real attraction isn't the bike show but the party afterwards with about 50 of us bikers, should be fun :devil:

well gotta see if I have to shovel to get out of driveway, and get ready for work. Have a good one :cool:

ChopperChick355
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Well hello!!!! I haven't logged on all weekend, we have been painting ceiling, walls, window trim, baseboard trim, door trim just all of it and that lovely $36 paint is cool but it took alot of paint and 2 trips back to store which is 35 miles away :(

Holly glad to hear that you are going to get to make the bike show/Party in Columbus everyone was really pulling for you to make it!!! YOU ARE LOVED!!!:) isnt it great

Glad to hear you got right back to exercising we do not have the TV hooked up right now and needless to say I have not done any exercising but I have been painting, getting up/down ladder the last 2 full days and Friday night till midnight so should be counting for something.

On the good note I weighed this morning and I am back to my ticker weight
YAAAA :) not to just get off about 6-8 more pounds in the next 22 days will be SUPER

I am back on to the exercising tomorrow hopefully. The tv still isn't set up actually it and all the living room furniture is jam packed into dining room now so there really isn't any room so I will just get on treadmil tomorrow :)
well I am heading off to bed I am exhausted and want some sleep

Have a great work week

VermontMom
01-12-2009, 07:46 AM
good morning and hi reda!! you are sure working hard with your home improvement, hope you can enjoy the beautiful results soon :) and big congrats to your being back at your ticket weight :carrot:

yes it was real nice to have everyone pulling for us to make the Columbus show, wish I was at the size (and tan-ness!) that I was when the folks last saw me, but winter happens :devil:

I skipped 3 days of working out :yikes: because of that raffle dinner, but it went smoothly and thank goodness it's over for another year. Back to regular routine now.

Still not keeping as on-track as I'd like, but I'm plugging away. It was nice that when I saw people at the raffle dinner, this time last year I was 20 pounds heavier, and they sure noticed the difference, so I guess that I'm less than 10 pounds away from where I really want to be, isn't that bad. Or so I tell myself :D

have a good one ladies :)

VermontMom
01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Just finished Cathe's Cardio Circuit and some ab work. Breakfast was a frozen broccoli /green beans /mushroom mix defrosted then sauteed, and then 3 eggs mixed in. Packed a lunch (more of that veggie mix, and some leftover chicken and gravy) and a yogurt. To battle against the cookies :devil:

SBD Sass
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Was that DVD tough Holly? I'm thinking about ordering it. I also reached my goal...I lost 50lbs!!!

willow650
01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Was that DVD tough Holly? I'm thinking about ordering it. I also reached my goal...I lost 50lbs!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

scarahjs
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
On the good note I weighed this morning and I am back to my ticker weight
YAAAA :) not to just get off about 6-8 more pounds in the next 22 days will be SUPER

Great job!

Still not keeping as on-track as I'd like, but I'm plugging away. It was nice that when I saw people at the raffle dinner, this time last year I was 20 pounds heavier, and they sure noticed the difference, so I guess that I'm less than 10 pounds away from where I really want to be, isn't that bad. Or so I tell myself :D

Thats always a great feeling when people you haven't seen in a while notices your weight loss. Congrats!

I also reached my goal...I lost 50lbs!!!

:carrot::carrot:

Good Afternoon Girls!!
I haven't been on since Friday. I don't always have time to get on during the weekends and yesterday we were super busy at work. I haven't eaten the best this past weekend but I'm doing better I haven been eating plenty of veggies the last 2 days.

Have a great day!

VermontMom
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM

WOW!!!! Congrats to you, girl!!!! :bravo: :congrat: :broc: :cheer:

And yes, that Cathe DVD is tough but good. I've got 2; one is "Cardio Kicks & Circuit Max", that is one DVD, I've only done the Circuit Max because I don't really care for kickboxing stuff and that's what the Cardio Kicks is mostly. The Circuit Max is 60 minutes; you do 5 minutes of cardio and then 2 minutes of weight work while keeping your heart rate up.

The other is Cross Train Xpress, and that is 2 DVD's with alot on them! Disc 1 has Step & Intervals; All Step; 10-10-10; Power Circuit; Disc 2 has Leaner Legs; Kick Box; All Abs; Upper Body Split.

Hi scarahjs :)

I've been faltering big time, I will have one good day then not good the next. I am just hoping my 'click' comes soon.

scarahjs
01-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Just wanted to pop in quick before I left work for the day. Hi girls!!! Well today was another busy day at work. I worked out this morning and it was good I have eaten OP all day and had plenty of veggies! I'm a little gassy :oHave a great evening everyone!

ChopperChick355
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Hi All, Well wanted to take a few minutes to log on, still not done with house, boy it takes so much longer than expected :( I just want to be so done sooooooon!!!

CONGRATULATIONS SASS that is awesome 50lbs gone forever :):)

Well we will be at it again tomorrow so not sure I will take time to log on :( I have however been staying pretty much OP and I have been taking my extra half hour to exercise instead of getting on the computer. Today however I did have potato ole's from Taco Johns so kinda of blew it today
:( Back on track full force tomorrow......

Have a great day getting closer to weekend YAY:)

scarahjs
01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Girls! I have some free time before work gets crazy today. I have been OP so far, didn't workout this morning, but maybe tonight when DS goes to bed. I was surprised to find almost 2 inches of snow this morning, when they weren't calling for anything. Sometimes the weatherman are not very good at their job.
Have a good day everyone!

willow650
01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey yall, just wanted to share a womans motorcycle forum that I am on lot. yall might enjoy it also. www.vtwinmama.com Its a great group, lots of info.

VermontMom
01-15-2009, 10:36 AM
good morning chicks :) I didn't work out Tuesday :( had all day off but had to go to MV, get an oil change for car, errands, etc. Yesterday I did the Keli Roberts step tape, and today Gilad's step and Tone (but no leg work, bad me)

Eating has not been good, I start off the day so well but crash in late afternoon. I have to get through this!!

It was -20 this morning (straight temperature, not wind chill) but my car has started, yay. I will let it warm up for about half an hour before i attempt to go to work!

thanks for that link Mandy, I think I looked there years ago but I wil check it again :)

have a good one :)

scarahjs
01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Vermont - Today is some of the coldest temps here in PA for a long time. It was 6 this morning. I can't remember it being this cold in a long time. But I'm sure your use to the cold temps up there.

Well today was my weigh in day and I only lost .4 from last week. It is kind of disapointing, because I at OP all this week, except for last weekend, where I went a little off plan. I guess I just have to up my workouts more. Some days its just sooo hard to get out of bed. But that is my goal this week to workout more!!! I hope you girls hold me to it!

willow650
01-16-2009, 10:05 AM
EEEKKK. I am going to do a 5K today with it in the 30's

Good Morning everyone!!

VermontMom
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
good morning, boy was it cold yesterday! my car didn't start at -25 below. Had to have son help me with the charger.

Keep warm Mandy!

Been feeling kinda bleh in the past few days.

well, have a good Saturday :)

chick_in_the_hat
01-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Y'all oughta come over here. I'm headed out for a long bike ride. But I'm pleased to announce that the knee is pretty much fixed and I'm @ 170 today for the first time in a while. :cb:

And Monday is a holiday where I work - :woohoo: for a three day weekend!

Reda - holy crap you are like a fixer upper whirlwind! :carrot:

Holly - your ticker is making me feel like a total slacker. You go, girl!! :cool:

scarahjs - .4 is ok. As long as you are on plan...your work will show up. It's just annoying when it seems like it should go faster. I bet you have a good weigh in next week. :hug:

Sass :bravo: on 50 pounds!!! That's fantastic!!!!!

Willow gawwwwwwwwwwww :T ..what a gorgeous bike!! How did your 5K go in the cold?

ChopperChick355
01-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone, finally have some time to log in and catch up....

Gina glad to hear your knee is all mended and feeling good!

No 3 day weekend here but I do only have 15 days a and we will be on vacation so looking forward to that. I have been staying OP pretty much but not much for exercising lately. The house is coming along great and looking pretty good probably another couple of days and we should be so close to being totally done. :) YAY

Scarahjs .4 is better than gaining so great job! :)

Willow how was the 5K?

Holly are getting ready for your weekend trip in Feb? You are still going? We had those 30 below days here last week and luckily everything started but it was hard on the vehicles.... Today however it is 30 + degrees out :) Heat Wave :)

Have a good Sunday and a good work week

VermontMom
01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
good morning and hi reda! WOW you are having a heat wave :D You've put so much work into your home renovations, hope you can enjoy your efforts soon!

only 15 days (or is it 14 now :D) to Cancun, baby for you! I'm excited for you as you can see :carrot:

Yes, we're still planning on the Columbus show. I'm looking online for a new party-type top to wear.

Our younger son totally surprised us by applying and enrolling in college for the spring semester - it's all happened within a week. And right now he is in the dorm.

It's a local state college, but still pricey i think! $8000 for this semester. The meal plan alone is $3000!!!! and mandatory for resident freshmen. I am thanking my late father for starting a college fund, he had intended to do one for both sons but he passed away before that could happen.

So he had the first account started, maybe in 1998, with about $12,000. That has grown to $17,000 which is a god-send. Our older son (whom it was first intended for) started working right out of high school so has not accessed the money for college. So I guess it will go to the younger son.

I do need to make calls to first, change the name on the account for the younger son, and then to see how to access the money. It's a New York State college saving fund (my dad lived in NY). I hope it's not too red-tapey.

well I am still stuck at 157/158; I have NOT stuck to smart eating so that is all my fault. I truly have been doing what I can to combat the seasonal affective disorder; I use my light therapy box religiously, I stand by the windows at work when I can, I don't even use sunglasses on the way to work if the sun is out; and exercising almost every day. And taking my med. I just hope my 'click' comes soon. The 'click' that gives me the willpower to resist the crap at work. I had an onplan day yesterday, I hope for the strength to do the same today.

have a good day! oh and an honorable MLK jr. day; for the man who had the courage and strength to speak what he believed.

VermontMom
01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
PS - just did Karen Voigt's Cardio Strength, about 50 minutes.

willow650
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Looks like everyone is doing great :)

I went on a 135mile ride today. I was SO cold. I know its not temps like yall have but riding at 49 degree temps is freakin cold to me. After hubby and I pulled out of the drive we went tot he gas station. I was crying because I was so upset that I was so cold. I told hubby I was just going to go home. He wanted me to just get on the back of his but i said that wasn't going to stop me from being cold. Plus it was a group ride and I have the whole pride thing going on that if I am going to be riding with a group I have to be seen on my own. I told I was just going home and he at least wanted me to get the car and drive to wear they were going to eat breakfast, but pride thing again, I could not show up in a cage. Then I couldn't stand the thought of being left out and i refused to look like a wuss. Hubby then reminded me that I have his face mask in my bag, I wasn't sure it would help me since I dont have a full face helmet, just a 3/4. Turned out that worked great so I did ride and it was fun, other than having to ride over so many bridges. I hate bridges, especially high ones. Only 2 freaked me out though so not too bad.
Oh, I ate REALLY badly for breakfast. I had a Moon's Over My Hammy with seasoned fries. I should have had a veggie omlette, but its been over year since I have eaten at Denny's and I haven't eaten out since Dec so I got what I really wanted. We didn't stop for lunch and I'm not hungry for dinner but guess I should eat something.
I will be hitting the gym tomorrow woohoo!!

VermontMom
01-19-2009, 09:32 PM
good evening, and Mandy I'm soooo jealous of your ride, but I'm sorry you were so cold! I have a ton of cold-weather riding tips if you want, not trying to be smarty-*ssed, just want you to be warm :) I applaud you for going ahead and doing it!!! That breakfast sounded so yummy, I'm sure the calories spread out over the day weren't too bad, if you have a light dinner.

I had another OP day (don't congratulate me too much, it's just two in a row, LOL!) but its another start. And I did some more cardio when I got home, I did 40 minutes of aerobics.

talk to y'all tomorrow :)

willow650
01-19-2009, 11:14 PM
occasional off plan days, will not make you fat. it was ALL days on NO plan that did it so dont beat your self up. Any day on plan is an accomplishment.

breakfast was about 1200cals...lol no lunch or snack but dinner was 1/3cup allbran bran buds and 1/2cupskim milk(110cals) and a pudding(60cals)

For cold weather I really want a full face helmet, and I had a jacket and gloves that would have been great but the company sent the wrong size so I had to send them back. I haven't received new ones yet. So I had on a long sleeve t shirt, pullover hooded sweat shirt and a zip up sweatshirt type jacket. For gloves, I used hubbies leather work gloves with wool gloves inside them. My hands still got cold and they were kind of awkward feeling but not to bad. I did hitt he horn a few timesw when going for the blinker and had to get used to the clutch. The black mask, black helmet and sunglasses, I looked like I was about to rob a bank ....lol

I will take all the advice i can get for cold riding. So gimmme what you got. I hate haveing to stay home because i am too cold.

VermontMom
01-20-2009, 07:59 AM
LOL @ hitting the horn instead of turn signal; done that and have had people look in fear :D when it was done in a parking lot. Layers are the key for me, my first layer might be a tank top that is thin but long, so that it doesn't pull up. Then a long sleeved thermal shirt. Then a thin long sleeved hoodie, with the hood on my head. Then a fleece neckwarmer. Maybe for FLA you wouldn't need fleece, but anything to seal the air from getting in through your neck is good. Then your jacket.

I also wear my chaps over jeans even when it's relatively warm here, low 60's and I'll start out wearing them. There's not much else I could put under my jeans, maybe thermal pants but my jeans are usually too tight anyway :devil:

The mask is a great face warmer, I like those neoprene ones that velcro in the back, and have some scary graphic on the front (like a grinning skull) or the ski-type mask is good also.

Gloves are a challenge, as you experienced if you go too thick you feel clumsy with the controls. I pre-warm my gloves on our heater (my boots also) and might also use those chemical heat packets. Those heat packets need about 15 minutes to start to work, so I open them up at least 1/2 hour before I head out.

guess that's it, but for me definitely always something to go around my neck, a light scarf even when it's in low 70's with no sun. And always wearing a long shirt or something that is gonna stay tucked in the back (have had cold air whistling down the back, that'll chill ya!)

I haven't worn a fullface for so long, but boy they do keep the noggin warmer.

Oh yeah, and you've probably seen folks wearing their bandannas across their face like a gunslinger :D Even that little bit helps. And it's a look the chicks can rawk with a pink or purple bandanna :D

VermontMom
01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Exercise this morning was 40 minute tape, Denise Austin's Sizzler (intervals of cardio and hand weights and some leg work)

scarahjs
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
good morning, boy was it cold yesterday! my car didn't start at -25 below. Had to have son help me with the charger.

Wow, that is really really cold!! I couldn't imagin that!!

Y'all oughta come over here. I'm headed out for a long bike ride. But I'm pleased to announce that the knee is pretty much fixed and I'm @ 170 today for the first time in a while. :cb:

Wow...Congrats!!! :carrot:

Our younger son totally surprised us by applying and enrolling in college for the spring semester - it's all happened within a week. And right now he is in the dorm.

That is great news!! Hopefully you can use the fund your father set up!

I went on a 135mile ride today. I was SO cold. I know its not temps like yall have but riding at 49 degree temps is freakin cold to me.

That would be freezing. I have only rode a couple of times when it was about 60ish out and it got chilly. I couldn't even imagine what that would be like. Glad you had fun though!!

I haven't been on for a while so here is an update....Well at 3:30am yesterday morning I woke up with a horrible pain in my back and side. I thought I could handle it, but after about 15mins I was feeling nausiated(sp?) and could barely stand it. So I woke my husband up and told him to take me to the ER. I called my mom so she could watch our DS. She got to our house at 4:30 and it felt like hours. When we got to the ER they did all the normal stuff and said they thought it was Kidney Stones, turns out that is what I have. It is 3mm in size. So I've been trying to drink water to flush it out, but I am scarred for when it does come out. I woke up last night around 11:30pm with pain again and took a pill so I couuld go back to bed. I'm guessing it is still making it's way down. I feel better today but am very tired. I haven't slept much the last 2 nights and have still been coming into work. I'm a person who doesn't like to take off unless I really need to. Ok, i'm done running my mouth about that.

I haven't worked out since Saturday and have been pretty much staying OP.

VermontMom
01-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh scarahjs, that sounds terrible! :( I'm so sorry. I'm ignorant enough that I thought only men got kidney stones (or maybe it's because they COMPLAIN so loudly about any illness more than women :devil: ) I sure hope it 'passes' soon and that it doens't hurt!

This morning for my exercise I started out with a Cathe dvd, and did the aerobic/step part; then when it progressed to chest work with weights, I quickly switched to a Gilad tape because I wanted his workout for chest/back...did 10 minutes of that, then switched to another Cathe dvd to finish up with abs :D thank goodness for technology!

Had another OP day (kinda worried to say that because the day isn't over yet, lol) but feel pretty good. I feel like a kind of traitor to the South Beach Chicks because now I just want to focus on regular sensible portions of all healthy foods and watch the calories. But we all gotta do what we feel we need to do!

Does anyone here watch "Lost"? I enjoyed it at first..then missed some episodes, then was so lost myself when I tried to watch it I was driving my husband and sons crazy by asking questions about EVERYTHING :devil: Then I just stopped watching for a while, but saw the episode last week and with the running captioning, that helped to explain things...a little. It's on tonight and husband will be watching, so I guess I will also.

well have a great night chicks and again I'm sorry to hear about your pain, scarahjs!

willow650
01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Big LOST fan here. LOVE IT. Last nights episode was great.

Scarahjs, I am so sorry you have Kidney stones. That really sucks. Since it is said that the close thing to labor a man can feel is a Kidney stone, then women shouldn't get them.

Holly, you are doing so great. Only 7lbs from goal? That is amazing.

I worked out with a personal a trainer yesterday. I am pretty sore but nothing like I was last week, which was the first time I worked out with her. I really don't understand it. I went to the Gym last Tuesday and met with her for the first time, did all of the routine she set for me and thought i was going to die and had problems with proper form ect... I had done a lot of back and chest exercises and the tightness in my chest muscles affected my heart, made it beat off rhythm, its happened before so I knew what it was. I was SO sore the next day, all over, I was on the verge of tears, driving was excruciating, I was still really sore on Thursday as well then Friday I ran a 5k so no gym work at all after last Tuesday and no exercise since Friday's run. So yesterday was my first opportunity to get back at the gym and I did the exact same routine and it felt completely different. My form was almost perfect, I wasn't near as exhausted and I am not quite as sore. I could see this happening after a couple weeks of the routine but this fast??? I don't get it.

VermontMom
01-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I could see this happening after a couple weeks of the routine but this fast??? I don't get it.

That is puzzling but I commend you for doing that 5k when you had JUST recovered from the first grueling workout with trainer...maybe you just really super-fast-recuperated in those day's time and :carrot: that you did the routine with great form yesterday!! Will you be working with the trainer once a week, or not so often from now on? That's kewl that you signed on for the personal training :cool:

Yes, last night's episodes(s) were great! I had only expected from 9 pm to 10; when that second one came on I was whoa, I gotta stay up another hour? but it was worth it :D

This morning I did most of the Karen Voigt cardio/strength tape; but when she did upper body work I just kept doing cardio because I did upper bod yesterday (don't want to oversculpt, LOL!!!) and then I did some Cathe ab work.

7 pounds to goal does sound great, doesn't it, but I look at myself and think that much much more than 7 pounds needs to come off!! :?: but I was pretty happy with myself last summer @ 150. When the 150 day comes I'll sure let you know :)

Ugh, time to get ready for work already. OH!! my boss, (male) ordered Nutrisystem for himself (he identified with Dan Marino and the other guy, I guess) and the box arrived at work yesterday and we were all looking through it...my gosh...the serving sizes are TINY! or should I say tiny LOL. I don't mean to disrespect anyone's decision to do it but the amount of food for a meal just seems so little. I hope he can have like big green salads and lots of good veggies to beef up the meal sizes. He said, 'there's like a week's worth of food here for me" and it's supposed to be a month :eek:

well have a great day chicks, I'll probably check in tonight also.

willow650
01-22-2009, 11:28 AM
I do believe the point of those meals, is you are supposed to add ina salad or other veggie to go with it and I think the meals are supposed to have plenty of protein and fiber so you will fill faster. I do that at home with out paying for all the food. It def should be helping with portion control. I had thought about doing it when my husband goes on deployment again, when ever that is, if I still need to lose weight.

I dont know what I want my final goal weight to be either, When I get to 160, I will see where I am, what I look like, what size clothing I am in ect.

Oh and the trainer thing, she is free. I recently discovered the navy base opened a free fitness center for moms. There is a place for the kids to play and the trainer works with you for free. Its just a really small place. The base has always had a really big gym with classes and equipment ect, but no child care.

VermontMom
01-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Good morning! Mandy - I am pretty sure I did not know you were a military wife, maybe I didn't read close enough...please tell your dh thank you!! for his service :)

well I had a major calorie overload yesterday :(...I will only remember it to help me not to do that again!

relatively warm here yesterday!! 30. Yes that's warm when it's been 60 degrees lower than that recently :D

soon to choose an exercise and then do it :strong: have a good day everyone!

willow650
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
wow holly HEAT WAVE...lol

I had a bad eating to yesterday(TOM) so I worked out extra hard today.

VermontMom
01-24-2009, 10:39 AM
good morning Mandy and everyone else :) I also had bad eating day...good for you for working it off!! I need to do a double or triple exercise session to work mine off, ugh. Again I'll try to do better today.

Our heat wave is out the door, haha, it's 12 out now and not going to warm up any for a bit. Oh well!!!!

have a good day everyone :)

ChopperChick355
01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
HI girlies!!!! :) Taking some time to log on today for a bit.....seems like it has been a couple of weeks.. :(

Sounds like everyone is doing wonderful, I wish I was one that was able to get bike out and ride in that 60 degree weather but this has been a very cold below zero month :( We are however picking out bike colors for my husbands motocycle, his is standard black right now and well it is time to get it painted but not sure on a color yet...... Need to decide because it goes to shop after we get back from vacation

Oh and vacation we leave in 9 days but actually vacation starts for me in 6 days whoppiiiiii :)

I am also not following any certain plan but I am watching what I eat and the whole portion control thing is huge..... I honestly know what is bad and good for me it is just doing the right thing....

Nutrisystem- I know a few people that have done that and it does work but as soon as they quit the pre-packaged food and do it on their own they have gained but that is their own fault it really it......

Ok well I suppose I should get off my butt and get some work done, will start trying to log in daily again :)

Have a Great Weekend

chick_in_the_hat
01-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Happy Saturday!!

Did a Circuit Training class this morning - I have to do 5 of them in order to start teaching them. This was #4....they really are a good workout. It's a mix of strength machines and cardio machines that you switch every minute to the next machine. The class was FULL...prolly cause it was raining this morning...clearing up, now.

My eating has been hit and miss when it comes to staying on plan...I think my plan is just keep swimming.... :lol:

As for Nutrisystem....I've never really seen the point. How do you learn how to eat by having it mailed to you? And I can only imagine what it tastes like... :p

:woohoo: Reda....vacation is coming!! :D

Holly - you can be on the just keep swimming plan with me. :hug:

Mandy - free trainer - that rawks! I have good days and bad days as well with weight training...for me it has a lot to do with my protein/carb/fat ratios and how much crap I've consumed. Try and figure out what you do on the days where it seems easy and do more of that. :D

scarahjs - hope the kidney stone thing has resolved itself...that sux!! :hug: Good for you staying OP thru all of that. :cb:

VermontMom
01-25-2009, 09:07 AM
"Just Keep Swimming Plan" - that's good!! :D and is what I'll do :hug:

Yesterday did Keli Robert's Step aerobics tape, with ankle weights and hand held weights to make it harder. Which does the trick. Not sure what I'll do this morning, before I go to work.

Have a great day chicks and keep swimming :)

VermontMom
01-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Is anyone here staying away from peanut butter? There hasn't been any recalls (yet) of individual jars...and I figure anything we have here in the house has already been tasted and we're not sick.

VermontMom
01-26-2009, 09:02 AM
good morning, I had on OP day yesterday with eating thank goodness, and for exercise I did (again) the Keli Roberts step aerobics with weights.

VermontMom
01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
good morning again :D just finished Karen Voigt cardio/weights. Everyone have a great day!!! :hug:

chick_in_the_hat
01-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Just had some peanut butter...according to the news it isn't the peanut butter you buy by itself....it's stuff that has peanut butter in it. Here's a link to recalled stuff (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/peanutbutterrecall/index.cfm#PeanutPaste) and the story according to the FDA (http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/Salmonellatyph.html). The only thing I might have gotten nailed with was Zone bars...as far as I could see...and I didn't happen to have any peanut butter flavored ones on hand. So I'm not trippin'.

I should prolly eat less peanut butter...but that's only cause I've been a lil too into it lately. :o

scarahjs
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh scarahjs, that sounds terrible! :( I'm so sorry. I'm ignorant enough that I thought only men got kidney stones (or maybe it's because they COMPLAIN so loudly about any illness more than women :devil: ) I sure hope it 'passes' soon and that it doens't hurt!

I never really heard of women getting them either. It seems like anyone I ever knew was only men.

Scarahjs, I am so sorry you have Kidney stones. That really sucks. Since it is said that the close thing to labor a man can feel is a Kidney stone, then women shouldn't get them.
So yesterday was my first opportunity to get back at the gym and I did the exact same routine and it felt completely different. My form was almost perfect, I wasn't near as exhausted and I am not quite as sore. I could see this happening after a couple weeks of the routine but this fast??? I don't get it.

I would say in some ways it was more painful then labor just because the pain wouldn't go away. At least with contractions you have a little break in between them

I'm glad your feeling better from your first workouts. Keep it up!

I did pass my stone on Saturday morning and didn't even feel it. I guess when it moves down is when the pain is the worse. I'm glad that is over!
I did workout yesterday but not today. I couldn't get out of bed. Hopefully tomorrow I will. I have ate really good this last week except for last night, I got hungry for sooo much junk food. I was at MIL and ate a small Slim Jim, Pringles and a Little Debbie Cake thing. I felt horrible after that. But today is a new day and I am eating healthier. It is also TOM time so I think that is what caused my cravings. Have a great day everyone!!

VermontMom
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
good evening! GOOD to hear that the stone is gone, scarahjs!! ohmy, doesn't TOM create the strongest cravings for junk...there was a lady here on 3FC that had such a good solution, she just regularly worked out extra a day or two before TOM and she felt that helped work off the inevitable extra calories she's take in.

Thanks for those links, Gina! I could dip into pb all day long if it wasn't loaded with calories. But I know it's an acceptable protein source, so I've been having 1 TBSP on whole grain toast for breakfast, i love love love it with my coffee.

Had another OP day today :eek: I shock myself sometimes. I guess as long as the OP days outnumber the not-OP ones, I'm ahead a little. When I'm working out, and it disappoints me to see the extra flesh and fat, it's hard not to just give up...but I tell myself that I am making muscles, that will shine through once I get some of the extra flesh and fat off :carrot:

and I do appreicate the good it does to keep me flexible and limber.

well have a good night!! I have off tomorrow, getting my hair cut and highlighted :carrot::carrot:

VermontMom
01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
good morning chicks :) Just finished my workout, I did Gilad's Step and Tone.

Does anybody know about that "PB2" that is advertised over in the margin-->

I checked their website..I guess it's a powdered peanut butter that you add water to?

besides getting my hair cut/highlighted, I want to hit a few thrift shops. I'm sick of what I wear all the time, and I literally rotate between 2 pair of jeans and a layered melange of tops that I feel I'm hiding under. I still want to hide, but under some new stuff. Of course if I were a pounds smaller, I would be in all my other jeans and small tops :mad: I really didin't mean that mad face. I'm accepting of what I've done and where I am :devil:

VermontMom
01-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Okay me again :D It was sooo nice driving around with the full sunshine today, even though it never got above freezing. Got my hair done, looks good, and she even charged me $15 less for some reason! but I always tip her 20%. Also bought two huge bottles of good 'poo and conditioner.

Didn't have as much luck thrift-shopping, I couldn't decide between 2 coats so I got both, for $2 each how can you go wrong. No jeans this time but maybe next time.

ChopperChick355
01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Wow Holly awesome deal on the coats :) You will need to post pic of new hair cut I to am thinking of getting my cut but again really short like where I can spike it in the back short.... I haven;t decided yet but I will probably do it just because it will always grow back, right???? Are you getting excited for your trip coming up in Feb.? :) At this time in exactly one week, well I will probably already be in bed because of the drinking on the plane and then the drinking when we get to resort.....You know first day there usually gets alittle out of control :)

Well I have not been doing so great these last few days, actually got on scale and up about 5 pounds and I let this happen right before vacation, what the heck (choice other words) am I doing :( I have been doing well thoughout the day and then at night everyone always wants to go out for supper and all, I have been getting home late so of course it is time to eat with no time to cook :(

I guess I will just have to work extra hard when I get back from vacation

Great Job staying OP and to both you and Gina for keeping up on your exercise!!!
Well I suppose I do have some work to get done yet tonight but wanted to drop in for a bit
Have a great HUMP DAY tomorrow :) :)

VermontMom
01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Good morning and I hope no one is feeling (too badly) the effects of the storm that's going across the country...I *guess* I'd rather deal with the forthcoming 10 go 16 inches of snow rather than the ice...ack to both!

ooooo, Reda's heading to SUN and WARMTH in a week!! Yay!!!!

Just finished Cathe's Step and Invervals, which is 9 minutes active warmup, 21 minutes very active step aerobics, and there is a chest workout but I skipped that because I did alot of upper body weights yesterday with Gilad...then finished with ab work.

Food-wise, I think I am doing Okay with being mindful of calories and carbs. Just need to keep it going long - term!

have a great day everyone :hug:

scarahjs
01-28-2009, 01:34 PM
doesn't TOM create the strongest cravings for junk...there was a lady here on 3FC that had such a good solution, she just regularly worked out extra a day or two before TOM and she felt that helped work off the inevitable extra calories she's take in.

I will have to try working out more and see if that will help. Thanks for the great idea!!

Does anybody know about that "PB2" that is advertised over in the margin-->

I checked their website..I guess it's a powdered peanut butter that you add water to?

That really does not sound good. If you ever try it let me know what it taste like. Powdered PB just doesn't sound right. :p

Didn't have as much luck thrift-shopping, I couldn't decide between 2 coats so I got both, for $2 each how can you go wrong. No jeans this time but maybe next time.

That is a great deal!! I love going to thrift-shops to see if I can find some good deals.

At this time in exactly one week, well I will probably already be in bed because of the drinking on the plane and then the drinking when we get to resort.....You know first day there usually gets alittle out of control :)

It's vacation, your alowed to get crazy!!:dizzy:

Well I once again didn't get up to workout today. I feel bad about it, but for some reason I have been soooooo tired in the mornings. I just need to get my butt moving again. I am still eating OP. We had about 3 inches of snow this morning, so I got a little workout shoveling out my car and sidewalks. Well have a great day everyone!!!

willow650
01-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I have seen people rave about PB2. It was over on Spark people, they loved it.

My husband bought me a jacket and gloves for Christmas, the sent the wrong size so I had to send it back, the new one arrived today WOOHOO I am so excited. It should come in handy this Saturday since the high will be 59 when we plan to ride, now all I need is the helmet I want. An extra surprise, the gloves I wanted, they siad were out of stock and would not be in the shippment and would be sent later, well they were in the box.

This is my gear....

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Womens-Motorcycle-Jackets/Xelement-Ladies-Black-and-Pink-Cordura-Removable-Armor-Jackets/54126.html

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycle-Gloves-/Ladies-Gel-Padded-Leather-Gloves/47658.html

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Womens-Motorcycle-boots/Ladies-Advanced-Lace-Up-Xelement-Motorcycle-Biker-Boots/47423.html

VermontMom
01-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Good morning chicks, Hi scarahjs, good to hear from you! I hope your a.m. tiredness goes away.

Hi Mandy! NICE gear!!! congrats! that jacket is hot; those gloves, what a great price! and HEY I have those XElement boots!!! I like them very much. I got them early last year.

We got about 12 - 16" of snow from yesterday through lastnight, whoa!! but I still would rather deal with all this snow that the poor folks who had ICE.

Just finished doing The Biggest Loser Cardio workout, the warmup and the first session with Bob (about 25 minutes) then did Gilad's QuickFitSystem Abs tape (about 12 minutes). I haven't done that particular ab workout in a while (weeks, really) and I really felt a definite improvement in form as I did it, and I know it's because I've been doing the Cathe abs work. "mixing up" workouts does work.

Had another OP day yesterday, I am sooo glad. I came VERY close to caving yesterday afternoon at one point; the baker girl had made these bars, they had a cookie base, then a macaroon-coconut creamy filling; then solid chocolate on top. gahhhhhh!!! They were up on a counter RIGHT under my nose.

What I told myself was that I was just going to unwrap one, shave a tiny splinter off the side, and try it. I am SO glad I didn't because I know I wouldnt' have been able to stop at just a taste. I literally had to take the tray and put it inside the pastry case, where they weren't in my face!! And then had my afternoon Nutrigrain bar with coffee, and was actually satisfied. LIttle victories!

well it will be a flippin pleasure to drive to work without the snow blowing and the ice crusting the wipers. Oh jeez - last night on the way home from work, well it wasn't too treacherous, but not fun either. 25 mph and someone RIGHT on my tail, his (her?) headlights SO bright I could see the shadow of my car ahead of me..and my wipers were icing over so bad I had to keep opening my window and reaching out and trying to knock the ice off...however once I got home, I saw that my rather expensive wristwatch (a gift from my late dad) was unclasped...I could have lost it out the window!!! I will be CAREFUL with that from now on!!

need to pack my lunch and then shower. Yesterdays lunch was good, I had packed in a container some chicken breast, with salsa and fat free sour cream and salad greens. Also a small cup of homemade coleslaw, (lowfat mayo and no sugar). And my cup of nofat yogurt. Today there is leftover chili, I will pack that with some fatfree sour cream and salad greens.

well have a great day!! think of our goals and keep pluggin away.

VermontMom
01-30-2009, 10:20 AM
good morning! It's so nice to have a morning when we don't have to shovel. But I am going to get new wiper blades before the next snowstorm!

this morning I did Karen Voigt's step/cardio and weights. I am so glad I stuck to doing this one over time, it was sooo confusing at first but now I like it, and the sweat just pours. I also remember the parts, like doing jumping jacks and I hated feeling my midsection blobbing all over the place, now the blobbing is much reduced :D

well I did go over calories last night for dinner but I'll do better today. Am also considering just not going to a SuperBowl party we're invited to on Sunday evening, because it's always just an open deal to eat, eat eat!

Friday, it's payday!! woohoo.

have a good one!

OH - I had a kinda exasperating thing happen yesterday at work. A sales rep (guy I've known for years) came in with a treat to share, it was a bar cookie, kinda like a pecan pie bar but with walnuts. ANyway he was sharing, and offered some to me - I said nicely and iwth a smile, no thank you. He said, come on, just a taste, Barbara (a mutual friend) made it. Again I smilingly said no thanks. AGAIN he offered it, 'just a tiny piece Holly" AGAIN I said NO THANK YOU.

ONCE MORE he offered it!!! and I got mad. I got right in his face, (literally) and said very quietly , 'why don't you accept what I say?' He finally backed off, and then started saying that's why people binge on diets, because they deny themselves ANY treats. I told him that even that tiny taste would linger and I would crave more. ANd how hard it was to be unsupervised in the afternoon around the pastries. He just didn't understand MY feelings, and he wouldn't accept them!!

THen he tried 'damage control' and told me I was gorgeous. :rolleyes: Well...I'll tell ya...it IS kinda nice having a man tell you that, even when you KNOW he's just trying to get on your good side :devil:

Next time, I will say something like 'I'm allergic to <nuts> <chocolate> <flour> whatever! to avoid the situation.

willow650
01-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh Holly, sorry that guy was a jerk :( Like you need extra stress trying to resist.

Thats so cool we have the same boots...LOL I love Leather Up.

I did 30min Wii Fit Cardio this morning, I am opening up the more advanced to stuff now. Later today I will so some strength training, balance and yoga, then more cardio.

We have a lot to do today, Hubby is doing touch up painting around the house, I need to get started cleaning and laundry. We are hosting a super bowl party Sunday night for our Sunday School class so want to get things looking good, need to go grocery shopping to. I have already resolved that it won't be an on plan day, i will just try to keep portion control.

ChopperChick355
01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Mandy that is a HOT looking coat, really it is!!!! Gloves and boots look cool to, I thought the boots looked familiar but wasn't sure until Holly said they were the same ones she has, then I knew yep that is where I seen them, back when she was looking.

Holly great job staying OP and exercising and resisting all those treats.

Superbowl Sunday is actually my birhday and my youngest son's 18th birthday so we will be going out for supper, then coming home to watch superbowl. But I also need to get stuff all finalized for our trip because we leave on Monday :) :)
I still haven't watched to much about what I am eating but I have been watching portion control somewhat...Like I said when we get back on the 11th I will get my butt back in gear and on track because I am sure the 5 pounds I have gained will be 10 by time I get home.....

Well tomorrow all of us girls going on the trip are getinng manicures and spa pedicures then out to lunch and a margarita, ummm good!!

Well have a great weekend

VermontMom
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Good afternoon chicks, I am having a wonderfully lazy Saturday. My exercise this morning was Keli Roberts step tape with weights, I really got into it and was sweating alot. And now I'm just lazing around, there is so much I could (should!) do but I am liking just watching tv and being on the computer for now. Maybe I'll get motivated in a whle.

Reda, I hope you and the girls had a great time with pedicures and manicures and lunch!

not too much to say now, talk at cha later!

VermontMom
01-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Well I did get slightly motivated later in the afternoon, I vacuumed, then cleaned the shower. Not much, but something.

Oh, and then I tried an instructional dance dvd for the first time! It's called "Sexy Moves for the Club" and I got it online after searching for dancing instructional dvds. It starts out with some basic steps, then progresses to more involved ones. I actually have some hope that I can practice and master some of them! :D

However, I shall only do it when no one else is in the house!! Honestly, think how embarassed the 18 or 25 yr old sons would be if they saw me trying to emulate the gorgeous sexy women on the tv <eeek!!> and I just don't want my husband to see my trying, in my sweats :rofl:

*My Plan* is to get up an hour earlier, and either do the dance dvd then, or do my regular exercise first; then once everyone's out of the house do the other exercise then. The dance dvd won't count as my exercise for the day, because it's really not enough cardio, but there will be some muscle toning involved! It really uses the legs and the core muscles. Kewl!

VermontMom
02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
good morning, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY REDA! (and your son!!):bday2you: we will understand if we don't hear from you for a while, as you leave for Cancun tomorrow. Have a wonderful time!!!

VermontMom
02-01-2009, 09:47 AM
I did get up early today, but not early enough to do the 'Dance' dvd by myself, but I made myself do it anyway and tried to keep out of husband's sight:D I practiced the first half hour, that's the Rock Step, Heel Step, The Whack (will NOT do this one in public! :rofl:) Side Step, and Various Grinding :devil:

Then I did The Biggest Loser Cardio DVD, and then did a Cathe Abs workout.

I still don't want to go to our friends' house tonight for a Super Bowl party, just because I'm not that into football (love the commercials though) and am afraid of the food that will be there! how weak of me. But husband wants to go, so I guess we will.

gotta eat breakfast, pack a lunch, then get ready for work. have a great day !

VermontMom
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
good morning chicks, we didn't go to that SuperBowl party which I was kind of relieved about...I did eat some 'non diet' foods but I have been OP for many days now so I'm giving myself that excuse :)

this morning I did Cathe's Cardio Circuit.

have a great day! I imagine reda is sunning herself with a refreshing beverage in her hand, there in Cancun :D

scarahjs
02-02-2009, 01:31 PM
This is my gear....

I love the jacket. Very Nice!!

however once I got home, I saw that my rather expensive wristwatch (a gift from my late dad) was unclasped...I could have lost it out the window!!! I will be CAREFUL with that from now on!!

I'm glad you didn't lose your watch. There has been a couple of times my diamond necklace comes undone and I lose it at home. Thankfully I have always been able to find it.

ONCE MORE he offered it!!! and I got mad. I got right in his face, (literally) and said very quietly , 'why don't you accept what I say?'

I love how forceful you are with men. I don't usually have enough nerve to say any of it, even though I would think it!!

Well tomorrow all of us girls going on the trip are getinng manicures and spa pedicures then out to lunch and a margarita, ummm good!!

I love pedicure, have fun!! Did you leave yet for vacation? If so, Have fun!!

Oh, and then I tried an instructional dance dvd for the first time! It's called "Sexy Moves for the Club" and I got it online after searching for dancing instructional dvds. It starts out with some basic steps, then progresses to more involved ones. I actually have some hope that I can practice and master some of them! :D

I have a dance dvd and it is ok, but I feel stupid doing them. I agree that they aren't really a workout.

Well it hasn't been an exciting weekend, besides I ate tooo much. At least I worked out which was good. Have a great day everyone!!

VermontMom
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
good morning, oh gosh scarahjs, that is lucky that you have been able to find that necklace each time!

And I think it has only come with AGE that I can (sometimes!) say what I really want to when in a situation. Still not always, though.

Today for exercise I did Cathe's Leaner Legs (wow, legs were trembly!) and an abs session.

Have a good one! I'll probably check in again later .

scarahjs
02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Vermont - Maybe when I've had more life experiences I will be able to say what I want.

I actually got up and worked out this morning...yay!! I did one of my older Firm workouts, My legs are still sore from Sunday too. Its hard to go up and down stairs. ouch...Have a great day everyone!

VermontMom
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Vermont - Maybe when I've had more life experiences I will be able to say what I want.

I actually got up and worked out this morning...yay!! I did one of my older Firm workouts, My legs are still sore from Sunday too. Its hard to go up and down stairs. ouch...Have a great day everyone!

congrats on working out again! I know the feeling of the sore legs, ow! But once those muscle fibers heal you'll be that much stronger :strong:

Today I had off, so I had time to try a different exercise, I did Cathe's Leaner Legs and then an abs session. I think I'll be sore tomorrow! No cardio today but whatever. And I practiced the Dance Club Moves for half an hour. I'm not any better yet though :D

VermontMom
02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh, how about this...I weighed myself the other day, and it showed 155 :carrot: then I weighed yesterday, and it showed 159 :mad: I do not like those scale fluctuations!! I'm dumb for not measuring a couple months back but I absolutely did not want to know :devil: So I'll keep plugging away.

VermontMom
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Good morning chicks :) I have to say that I am missing JILL!!! :hug:and Rebel!! :hug: two of our originators. Hope you're OK, chicks!!

I just finished Gilad's Step and Tone. I had a bad choice last night, I was cleaning the kitchen and found some Christmas M&M's . Well at least they're gone :devil:

I made ham & bean soup yesterday, and will have that for lunch at work today,yum.

Have a good one :D

scarahjs
02-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Vermont - Maybe try not to weigh yourself for a while. The scale fluctuates tooo much. I usually weigh once a week sometimes even less. You seem so healthy and strong thats all that should matter.

Not much has been going on with me, just eating OP but haven't worked out. Maybe tonight when DS goes to bed. Have a great day!

VermontMom
02-05-2009, 10:39 AM
good morning! thanks scarahjs, you're right...those fluctuations are frustrating, I should just focus on the positives, that I am working out every day to sweatiness, and that I am mostly OP food. And I think my jeans might feel a little looser.

We had our Motorcycle Rights Organization meeting last night, and ugh, husband and I volunteered to chair the Helmet Bill agenda. There are only 10 or at the most 12 active members in the group, and when some are already holding positions as officers, one is in charge of the Toy Run, one is in charge of the Poker Run, that doesn't leave many warm bodies!! As we do the cooking for the Harley Raffle we thought that would get us off the hook...but no one else was stepping forward, and the Helmet Bill needs real dedicated time and effort to get it noticed, so...we said we'd take over.

the State of Vermont just came out with a two year study how tourism is dropping...and with the economy the way it is, we feel the way we can present the Helmet Choice agenda is that it will bring 'biker bucks' into the state. As it is alot of folks LEAVE Vermont in the summer to ride in NH and Maine, where there is choice. The average couple on bike(s) will spend $300 a day when out having fun, with lodging, food, etc.

well onto getting ready for work. Oh , I didn't tell ya's that last week, someone hit my car in the parking lot at work and of course didn't 'fess up. So now my new-to-me car has a big dent in it. :mad: Karma will get that person....

so yesterday, the jerky old lady co-worker said to me, "So Holly, has anyone hit your car again?" She thought it was funny. I said as meanly as I could, "NO!". She started blabbing on about something else, and I said clearly, "I think it's pretty crummy that you said that, of course no one has hit my car again, you're just saying that to be mean".

She said, Oh, I didn't mean it that way and blabbed on about something else. She said, 'dont you have insurance?" For an old used car??? get real, raisin-face.

I completely ignored her at that point, anything else she said to me I just didn't respond.

Just HOW do you deal with people like that without resorting to physical harm :devil: I am pretty sure that today, I will tell her, do not speak to me unless it is work-related.

sigh. Well I actually am in a good mood :) It is FREEZING out there but the sun is shining, that always helps!! And I love the light coming in through my sunroof of my poor dented car :dizzy:

have a good one!

VermontMom
02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh yeah, for exercise today I did Gilad's Cardio Classic (easy steps but sweaty aerobics,30 minutes) and then his Hips Thigsh Buns tape, aaaahhh! torture :D

VermontMom
02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
good morning chicks! this morning I did The Biggest Loser Cardio 32 minutes; then a Cathe abs session (planks, argh!!)

Have a good one :)

VermontMom
02-07-2009, 01:06 PM
good morning, me again :D It's Saturday, and I have off, Yay! and I did the laundry last night, so it's a free day. Well except for the usual Saturday vacuuming and picking up and dusting and putting away said laundry.

I had good energy this morning, so I did Keli Roberts step aerobics tape with ankle weights and handheld weights (started with fives but always have to go down to threes) AND then I did Gilad's Hips Thighs and Buns, because I HATE doing it, and that means it is hard and therefore good for me! The Keli Roberts tape (with her abs workout at the end and cooldown) is almost 60 minutes, then the Gilad tape is 20 minutes, so I feel rather good :strong:

chick_in_the_hat
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Raisin face :lol3:

Sorry about the hit and run...that sux! :mad:

I've been AWOL but with a good reason. I was studying for an exam that was yesterday. It was for certification to be a group fitness instructor. I think I did ok...but I won't know for sure for 4-6 weeks. Apparently they are using the same people who count votes in Minnesota (Al Franken campaign)....:dizzy:

I'm dying today because part of it was getting up in front of everyone and demonstrating an exercise with safety cues and 3 levels of difficulty. I picked an easy one...start with a march, intermediate add higher knees and arms moving, advanced take it up to a jog. But there were like 65 people in the class...and a BUNCH of them picked squats :devil: between the squats and the pushups for like an hour and a half :faint: Let's just say once I sit down I wanna stay a while. :p

On Monday I'm subbing a 6AM class along with my regular 4:30 class....so if no one hears from me after that send a search party. :s:

VermontMom
02-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey Gina!!! THat is SO kewl!!! and omg, you must have been :faint: and BEST WISHES on getting the certification!

Husband and I did something fun tonight, drove to Burlington area (50 miles one way!) to see the Green Mountain Derby Dames! a group of roller derby ladies! they are so kewl, they wear fishnet stockings and cute little skirts :devil: They played the B-town Blackhearts, from Ottowa! (yeah, that's in Canada). It was a blast. I could not figure out the rules, and the speaker system wasn't that great, so I couldn't decifer what the commentator was saying, but it was still fun.

As we pulled into the parking lot, a sign said "Derby - Sold Out" Crappppp!!!! As we wondered what to do, a parking guy tried to direct us where to park, but we said, 'we see it's sold out, think there's a chance?" and the guy just says mechanically 'sorry ma'am it's sold out'.

Well. I don't take disappointment lightly :devil: so I told husband to park and wait for me to scope things out (yeah, I wanted to find a scalper :D) Once inside the building, I went to the desk, where the person did confirm that it was sold out, and he was sorry, but there was nothing he could do. He helpfully told me the next play schedule was March.

I said, OK, and started to turn..then a lady said, "do you need a ticket? my friend bailed" I said Gosh, I need two, do you have two?" and she said sorry, just one...and then a second lady came to me, and said "I have one you can buy, my daughter didn't come"!!! She paid $11.25...and I offered her a twenty for it, because I was so happy...she insisted I just pay her $10...so I paid her, then I paid the other lady $10, and I had my two tickets!!!

VermontMom
02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Good morning chicks! When I got up (late, after 7:00) I immediately felt how warm (relatively) it was. It was 42 outside! that's like a heat wave here. Felt great, even though it was pretty gray out. Now, two hours later, gray is not the color, it's snowing hard. haha. Oh well.

I just finished doing my Karen Voigt tape, it's step cardio and some weights, and I used ankle weights and one pound hand weights during the cardio (huff, puff!)

have a good one, I'm off to work soon.

chick_in_the_hat
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
42? Break out the tank top! :lol: So :cool: you managed to get into a sold out show and for a good deal, no less! :D

I'm still sore from those stinking squats. But I'm gonna try an easy ride today...maybe I can ride thru it. I'm psyching myself up for this 6AM class tomorrow morning. Why is it so hard to get up in the dark? The plan is make my lunch and pack everything and set up the coffee maker the night before.

Is anyone in Facebook over here? PM me if you are - I'll tell you my whole name :)

scarahjs
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Good Afternoon!

Gina - good luck on the test. I think it's good you did something different then everyone else to demonstrate!

Vermont - It was like that around my area this weekend. It got up to the 50s and I thought it seemed hot out. lol

It's been busy at work today. Well the good news is that I tried to workout this weekend. The bad news is that my DS decided not to take naps, so I only got about 15mins in on Sat and Sun, I guess it's better then nothing!! I did get up this morning at workout for an hour!! Have a great OP day!

VermontMom
02-09-2009, 08:51 PM
good evening! Gina, did you get up on time? and how did the workouts go? Here I am, being your search party :) I know that setting the coffeemaker for an early time really, really helps me.

Hi scarahjs! glad you got to workout for an hour!

I thought I was done baking for a while (with Christmas being over and gone!) but I guess I'll be doing some more...My husband asked our younger son (who just enrolled in college) how things were going, if he needed anything...son says "well, all the OTHER moms bake stuff for their sons"...!!!! :devil: Hey, I can out-bake any of those OTHER moms :p :D So I got some cookie and brownie makings, and ARGH have to try my darndest to not sample much.

Today (this morning) I did The Biggest Loser Cardio workout, (30-ish minutes) and then a Cathe Abs workout.

VermontMom
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
good evening chicks, after doing lots of baking for ds last night, I woke up with scratchy throat, huge headache, drippy nose...grrr to my boss who has been snorting and coughing out crap and sneezing for two weeks around me!! I tried to stay AWAY from him and I wiped every surface and knife with a bleachy cloth, but he got me :mad:

I do NOT want to be sick for this weekend, that is when we are doing our whirlwind trip to Columbus OH to have The Party (we have named it Hellapalooza :devil:)

I had off today so I spent most of it resting in bed, snoozing, taking it real easy. Drinking lots of cups of hot green tea, and I'm trying those ZyCam chews.

I did not work out today. the first time this month I have skipped. I think that's OK, as I felt crummy.

So I am trying to think positive and will be all better for the 13 hour drive there, about 12 hours of partying, and the 13 hour drive back in time for work Monday :D

I tried on my leather pants last night, and they are snug but not as *tight* as they were on my b-day, early December. So maybe I will be able to dance (gyrate) in them without them splitting :rofl:

VermontMom
02-11-2009, 10:10 AM
good morning chicks, I did not do very well with staying away from the baked treats yesterday! grr.

I did not work out yesteday, as I was feeling blah...I just did work out now, maybe I sweated out the cold germs...I did Denise Austin's Sizzler. I do kinda feel like a limp dishrag now, well I can rest for 20 minutes, then nice hot shower then to work.

have a good one! Gina, how did the 6:00 am class go the other day?

chick_in_the_hat
02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
The 6AM class wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I told the chick who teaches it I'd sub again in March. :faint:

Aww Holly - sending chicken soup vibes your way! Hope you are feeling better :getwell: Hellapallooza - maybe a lil adult beverage will make the cold all better? :devil:

scarahjs - it's gotta be rough getting workout time in around the munchkins. WTG working it in even in small increments. It all adds up. :carrot:

Lance Armstrong is riding thru town on Saturday with the Amgen tour! :cb: Downtown is gonna be a snarled mess...but that's the fun part. :D

willow650
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
sorry to have disappeared recently, just been busy,
tomorrow is mine and Hubby's 10yr anniversary and we are starting the day with a 5k
Monday I did 1.5 mile at the track, that's 7 laps, I jogged 4 walked 3. I just did 30min on wii fit between step and hulu a hoop, Oh and I lost 2lbs this week. Of course tomorrow brings on Olive Garden and adult beverages so may gain 5lb...LOL

I hope every has a great weekend

ChopperChick355
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Well made it home from vacation in one piece if you can call it that :)
We all had a blast and even tried Tequilla shots with lime and salt, boy were they good :)

Got some sun and a nice tan going on right now, weather there was alittle cool first couple of days but then warmed up in the 80's last few days. The wind was awful though, thought I would be leaving that home but it came with us :(

Holly hope you are feeling better, I know this weekend is huge party weekend and you want to be feeling your best......

Well I haven't got back on track since getting home yesterday and yep gained like 10 pounds over the last month or so, but hopefully half of that will be water weight from all the beer drinking while on vacation

Oh sorry to hear about your dent in your car doesn't that just tick you off when noone will even fess up about it:(
Roller Derby is such a blast to watch we have all girl groups around here to and it can sometimes be sooooo hilarious !!!

Gina good luck with your certification and all, that is so great!!

Well I am going to bed need to try to catch up on some sleep because I didn't do to much of that for the last 9 days, having to much fun instead :)

Tomorrow is Friday ---YEAH
Is is good to be back though

VermontMom
02-13-2009, 07:40 AM
good morning and WELCOME BACK REDA!! and a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MR. AND MRS. MANDY

Glad you had a great time, Reda! ooo, enough sun and warmth to get a tan, that sounds wonderful.

Hi Gina!! Lance Armstrong....can u get his autograph? :D

good luck in your run, Mandy!

Yep, it is such bad timing to be under the weather right before our big weekend, but I am well dosed up with whatever over the counter stuffI can get, and lots of liquids, and of course Puffs with Lotion (no red nose with them).

We are leaving here tonight at 6:00 pm, going to first pick up a friend in Montpelier at 6:30, then another stop at Albany NY to pick up two more friends that are coming from Ct.! (we have an 8 passenger van) And then driving through to Columbus.

I will check in with you MOnday morning, I guess; as of right now I'm thinking "I can have fun without getting totally drunk"....are those going to be famous last words :devil:

bye for now, chicks! <hugs>

ChopperChick355
02-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Famous last words having fun without getting totally drunk...... :) It can be done. You will have a blast, I am smiling just thinking about it :)
Talk to you Monday when you get back

ChopperChick355
02-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Well it is Sunday and I get to clean up the house, I will probably wait till Daytona 500 starts as racing is what every TV will have on around here today. I don't mind watching some but usually don't sit around to watch the whole race, so I will do some cleaning and watch as I do...

Gonna start back OP today and with exercise, I have really gained over the last few weeks but hopefully most of it is water weight from all the drinking while on vacation..... We will see, I will just have to start plugging away again :)

ChopperChick355
02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I am going to try to post a few pic of our vacation, not sure if I will get it to take but I have about 400 pics that I took so only posting a few

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/reda355/th_Cancun2009128.jpg
This is me and my husband after our fancy dinner, the waiter made me the flower so I told husband to put on sombraro so we could get a pic

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/reda355/th_Cancun2009184.jpg
This was around 11 am the day we had to come home, last tequilla shots, we were the only 3 that did them while there

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/reda355/th_Cancun2009056.jpg
The beach was really this blue and beatiful

ChopperChick355
02-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Well just wanted to check in, I did get my exercise in today, only 30 minutes but at least it was something....

It was a rough day at work and drained me totally

Came home and decided to get tax returns done for myself & DH, both my boys as they both worked last year. ONe moving out so don't have him as dependent anymore so we get to pay in this year, so advised DH that we both better get an extra $50 per pay check taken out, we both get paid twice a month so an extra $200 a month should hopefully cover it next year, I hope??? Tax time just really sucks the big one.....

Ok enought whining out of me, on a better note

Holly how was your weekend??? We take off for Deadwood on Friday morning, they have an event for Mardi Gras and do the parade and all, even let you take your drinks out of the establishments that night, it was a blast last year. :)
Well I have been reluctant to sell my Yamaha but advised DH tonight that we should just go ahead and sell it and put that money down on his bike then it will be paid for in about 6 months, then we can work on getting my new bike paid off..... Boy would it be nice to be payment free, does that ever happen????

Ok I will try to log on in the morning before heading off to work, have a great night

VermontMom
02-17-2009, 08:17 AM
good morning chicks!! thank you for those pics Reda, OH that beach looks sooooo beautiful!! What a nice break from winter for you guys :)

well the weekend seemed to be mostly spent sitting in the van traveling, 14 hours each way! but we did it and the party was great. I wasn't hungover too badly the next morning, so that was good too :D It was great to visit with people that we ordinarily wouldn't have seen until Labor Day.

Back to the regular schedule, working out and trying to eat well. Because of that lousy headcold last week (just a little junk in the lungs now) I didn't exercise for many days..then going away for the weekend..I haven't skipped that many days in a long time!! but I guess that happens.

Reda, that is good thinking to plan to have that extra $ taken out, so you don't get hit too hard later.

I did quietly confront RaisinFace at work last week, I calmly told her that she and I need to keep our conversations just work related. She has retaliated by not saying a single word to me since. Finally, I get a work perk, that she doesn't blab at me :D

I have off today and need to do alot of picking up and vacuuming around here. Everybody have a great day!

ChopperChick355
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
14 hours that is a long way to travel but like you said when you see everyone it does make it worth it.... Gald to hear you had fun and was able to make the trip home without making a frequent stops :) :)

So peace and quiet at work, I will never know what that is like....

Well I should already be at work so better get going, I will check back in later after exercise, trying to get rid of these extra extra pounds I put on this last month :(

VermontMom
02-18-2009, 08:34 AM
good morning chicks! just a quick check-in, I'll say hey after I work out. OH!! it was light out here, at almost 6:20 am, isn't that great! :carrot:
-----

okay, finished working out, I did The Biggest Loser Cardio (with Bob only) and then Cathe abs, about 35-40 minutes altogether.

Sun is shining here today, and yesterday was sooo nice, sunny and almost, just almost, warm almost 40! I was able to do errands with just a longsleeved shirt and a light jacket, that was amazing. But winter weather on the way tonight and tomorrow, maybe 4 to 8 inches, bleh. But I feel good 8)

have a great day ladies! I sure hope to hear from some of our absent chicks :(

ChopperChick355
02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I see you have a new Avatar Holly, is that one from this weekend? We have ok weather here lately to, but I guess the snow is coming Friday.....

Had our first Eagles Rider meeting last night, it was an ok turnout but we were missing quite a few that said they were going to make but it didn't. Want to get a couple poker runs and a few dinner rides set up.

I did get my exercise in today but only 30 minutes, but again it is better than nothing. Have a great night :)

VermontMom
02-19-2009, 07:11 AM
hey CHOPPER CHICK!!! That's is perfect :D Yes, the pic is from the weekend, I love that black hat, want to wear it everywhere, lol.

VermontMom
02-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Okay, just finished working out, Cathe's Cardio Circuit. OMG I am a wet dishrag right now :D

good news....ticker is down a couple pounds!!! :carrot:

have a great day chicks!!!

VermontMom
02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
good morning chicks! ugh, it's like 16 out there, not mild as it was yesterday. A few more inches of fresh snow, the tourists and skiiers love it, I just endure it :D

Just finished doing The Biggest Loser Cardio with Bob, the dvd says it's only 20 minutes but it is a powerful 20 minutes :faint: then I did Gilad's abs tape, almost 15 minutes. I haven't done that one in a few weeks, and I really felt an improvement in the moves. Shows that cross-training is the way to go.

I had maybe 300 extra calories last night...I just feel like confessing :devil: but I sure enjoyed them.

Okay gotta pack a lunch and get ready for work. Oh, I've started my countdown at the sucky winter job; as of today, I have 10 weeks left. I can do that ;)

have a good one, chicks!

VermontMom
02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
good afternoon, where is everyone? :?: OH, ChopperChick had the Deadwood thing this weekend..hope it was great!!!

This morning I did Cathe's Cardio Something, I forget, it must be Cardiac Attack-and-make-you-feel-like-overcoked-pasta-Routine :D then about 10 minutes of Cathe abs, then I went upstairs and got comfy on the bed and slept from 11 am to 1 pm! i love lazy Saturdays.

VermontMom
02-22-2009, 10:35 AM
good morning! another dump of snow is on it's way :( Just when the driveway was getting a little wider! oh well.

today - Karen Voigt's Cardio/strength.

gotta get ready for work, hope I don't have to shovel before getting out. Have a good one!

ladyrider72472
02-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Hello,

I am new on here, I migrated from the V-Twin Mama site. Thanks for letting me know of this one. I am new to that site as well.

It is about 40 here...... dang I want warmer weather to get here so I can get that first 1000 miles on my bike. It has to be done before we go to Vegas to get married.

Getting married in Vegas is what forced me to lose weight, actually it was the bet that my 15 year old son made with me. He bet me I could not lose 65 by May...... as of this morning, I was at 62.... with a few weeks to spare. I will not be done until 20 pounds after that (which is my goal), however I am not going to press it too hard when we go to Vegas. As if that bet was not enough....... especially to bruise the ego with your son telling you he knows you cannot do it (which he was dead wrong), but he bet me an additional $100 that I cannot keep it off by this Christmas. So...... even when in Vegas I won't be able to throw caution to the wind. But I have to show him who he is dealing with!

chick_in_the_hat
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
:wel3fc: ladyrider!!

I'm hoping your son is using what might be a stubborn streak (I only think that cause that's what I have :lol:) to motivate you. And....it seems to be working. :D 62 pounds?? :woohoo: That's fantastic! Congrats on getting engaged as well, so much excitement!

Holly - :love: your new avatar!! So cute! But then I'm partial to hats. ;)

Reda - got yourself a new username! :carrot: Fantastic pics - looks like it was a great trip! I'm not dealing with taxes until next weekend. And someone else is doing them. She's cheap and good.

As for me- our company got bought out by Hewlett Packard a while back...and they just announced a 5% pay cut for the whole company. It beats not having a job...but dang...:mad:

I fiddled around most of today with music for spin classes (after teaching this morning)...tomorrow is a rainy day ride with some Clapton, John Mayer, Tina Turner and some blues. I'm aiming for sweaty/relaxed at the end. :cb:

:wave: Mandy!

willow650
02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Welcome Lady gald you found us...lol

VermontMom
02-23-2009, 07:04 AM
good morning and welcome LadyRider! wow, congrats on 65 down!! and with time to spare :D Nice to have you here!

Gina, that sux about the 5% cut :mad: you're right, one is thankful to have a job now but that is hard to take.

Hi Mandy!

I haven't been outside yet to survey the snow dump, but I"m limbering up to deal with it. I am ready for this nonsense to be over! of course our local economy thrives on it (the store being on the way to the slopes) I guess I need to learn to love to ski or something :devil:

I'll post after my exercise.

VermontMom
02-23-2009, 10:24 AM
It wasn't a huge dump, but enough...and...the snowblower stalled during the first minute of operation and then wouldn't start again :mad: very few times does my husband swear out loud, and this is one of the times. Craftsman, your snowthrowers *&$#. So I got an extra arm/chest/cardio workout :D then came inside and did The Biggest Loser Cardio with Bob (its barely 25 minutes, but sweaty) and then Cathe Abs (planks - ahhhhh!)

Have a good Monday :cool:

ladyrider72472
02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanx for the Welcome! :carrot:

Mandy, I am sorry for the 5% loss. I am happy you have a job though. Without getting into politics, I hope this funk does not last long.

VermontMom- Snow? I am a little envious. We have not had snow this year, we only had that nasty ice storm. We were without electricity for 10 days! That was horrible! What is worse though is the insurance company that is not covering us b/c ice did not cause our damage, a tree falling caused it.... and they don't cover that. Trust me, they have not heard the end of me. That is what that stubborn (the mild version of what I have been called-- and what they will think of me) streak will do. I am going to wear them out with paperwork! Appeal, appeal, appeal.

With all of my ranting........ I hope you take this out of it. If you have a homeowners policy, read it or have a friend read it! After THOUSANDS of dollars of damage has been done is not the time to find out you are not "covered".

Tammy

willow650
02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone.
I got some exercise in this weekend. I did 38min on the Wii Fit mostly strength training and yoga then went on a 12 mile bicycle ride. Ate pretty good over the weekend till dinner at Church, the is it was pasta and cake and a sandwich. But I only eaten about 500cals all day till that point. It was home baked yellow cake with chocolate icing, you could not have paid me to stay away from it...lol, could have done with out the sandwich though. I have got to be extra good this week. We are going down to Daytona on Saturday so who knows what kind of food I will get in to.

You are doing so AWESOME Holly.

Gina, Sorry about the pay cut, but like you said, at least its still a job. I was trying to go back to work, its been 9yrs since I ahve worked but with so many people with out work that had a steady work history, no one is jumping to hire me. I just look at this way, the Lord knows what my family needs and he will provide, whether its me working or DH making rank or some other way.

ChopperChick355
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
:welcome: Ladyrider

Congratulations on the wedding in Vegas and the 60+ pounds lost, you are the woman!!!!!! So what do you ride? Or maybe I missed that somewhere???:o

Had a great time in Deadwood for Mardi Gras this weekend!!! Forgot camera so didn't even get any pictures:( but I did get a new tattoo as soon as it heals I will get a picture and post it should be good by the end of this week;) I did also set up appointment for next time we go for my next tattoo- I am getting the boys baby foot prints (one of each) that they take at the hospital on my left leg (calf) with their name and birth year, Kurt where we go does an awesome job on portraits so I know he will do great on the foot prints as well, I am so excited:o:carrot:

Great Job Holly on the ticker and the pounds falling off, I am back on track this week and staying OP don't have any other trips planned until I believe May so I should be good to go:carrot:

Gina sorry to hear about the pay cut to, but as you said you do still have your job and that is most important:hug: But it sounds like your spin class is going GREAT!!!!!

Willow I am to jealous you get to go to Daytona, someday we will make it there but usually take a vacation this time of year to Mexico or somewhere really warm, but someday we will make before we get to old and gray;)

I did change screen name to get away from first name in it but still same ole me......:p
Have a great week

willow650
02-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Had a great time in Deadwood for Mardi Gras this weekend!!! Forgot camera so didn't even get any pictures:( but I did get a new tattoo as soon as it heals I will get a picture and post it should be good by the end of this week;) I did also set up appointment for next time we go for my next tattoo- I am getting the boys baby foot prints (one of each) that they take at the hospital on my left leg (calf) with their name and birth year, Kurt where we go does an awesome job on portraits so I know he will do great on the foot prints as well, I am so excited:o:carrot:

Willow I am to jealous you get to go to Daytona, someday we will make it there but usually take a vacation this time of year to Mexico or somewhere really warm, but someday we will make before we get to old and gray;)

Some place warm?? Daytona Fl is WARM...lol

your upcoming tat sounds So cute, cant wait to see it when you get it done

VermontMom
02-23-2009, 10:40 PM
welcome back ChopperChick!!! :carrot: Oh, how convenient that your camera was forgotton...LOL...Just kiddin' :p :D

thanks for that reminder about homeowners insurance, Ladyrider! I know I don't know exactly what is/isn't covered :?: Ten days without power would be TOUGH! I'll gladly send ya some snow if ya like, lol.

Mandy, mmm, please dont describe cake anymore :D ooo, have fun in Daytona!!!

well I found a pic of a ride we took last year, and it was almost exactly two months' from today's date, it was April 20th-ish and we were in t-shirts for most of the ride, except for passing through Green Mountain National Forest south of here, there was ice coating the cliffs I remember, and it was downright chilly for a bit. We're in front of our State Capital, in Montpelier. I'm on the left in longsleeved black shirt.

http://hellscupcakes.com/gallery/albums/rides-2008/bethel-001.jpg

so I can hang on for two more month :)

willow650
02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Holly, you look great in that pic, I cant wait to see a more updated one.

Sorry about the cake, I will put a food porn warning next time...LOL

ChopperChick355
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Oh the picture just makes me want to ride but I to have to wait about 2 months as well.....But it is getting closer:carrot: Your hair looks a little longer in that picture then right now... I love the hat, I could wear hats all the time but DH says hats are not for me????:o But oh well

Well my next new tat will be getting done in August that is the next scheduled time out to Deadwood (sturgis rally) but sometimes we do make it there end of April-Beginning of May so if we do this year I will have it done then otherwise it will be August.

Willow I will be thinking of you on Saturday as you are riding and enjoying the festivities, darn it just isn't fair:( Have fun though

Ladyrider I forgot to add last night that we had a tree fall on our house back in September and insurance adjuster came right out next day and we had our check within a week, they even paid to have the tree cut up and hauled away, I can't believe your insurance company that is why we have it for reasons like that - they are out of our control.....

ladyrider72472
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Chopper Chick,

I ride an 09 Dyna Superglide. I just got it.... I don't even have 150 miles on it. I traded my 08 Sportster Roadster in on it with Harley's Ride Free program. It was a no brainer, a bigger bike for the same monthly payment. The whole reason I traded though was b/c of the Vegas trip. I was told Sportsters are not really made for long distance trips and comfort (I am a tall person). The trade was a great one! I love the Dyna! I plan to keep it for a loooooooong time!

VermontMom
02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
good afternoon chicks! I have today off, I was up early but then went back sto sleep for 3 more hours! but redeemed myself by working out for an hour (Cathe's Circuit Max and then abs) Now I need to do a ton of laundry and then something fun, I will meet husband at a new "Irish Pub" next town over to check it out.

Chopperchick, you have good eyes to see my hair length! lol. Yes, I can see (squinting) that it was longer. And I would even like it a little shorter than it is now, in my avatar. Though I was glad I was able to twist it into those skimpy little pigtails there, lol. But it just falls better when it's shorter. And I can 'tousle' it and have the messy look.

Mandy - 'food porn warning' :rofl:

Ladyrider - all the Dynas are nice! I bet you look great on yours. Got any pics?

ChopperChick - your planned next tats sound GREAT! I have been researching possible designs for my first experience. And I did just see a woman who had her child's inked footprints, name and date just above her breast. Very delicate and nice.

My possibilites - a cupcake, of couse :D which I would want either on a shoulder, or near my hip. And even though "everybody has them" I would like a lower back piece (okay, tramp stamp :D) but one that has worked into it the Irish Claddagh design; I'm not Irish but husband is and it is our wedding rings, the Claddagh.

And third? a secret...it's something that i don't know has been done but I am jealous enough that since I thought of it, I don't want the general public to know, but if any of you chicks are curious, PM me and I'll tell you guys :D (am I paranoid or what!)

I have been sooo happy that it is light out at 6:00 am, and stays light until almost 5:45 pm. That helps me so much.

ChopperChick355
02-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Ladyrider that sounds like an awesome bike you should post a pic....You made the right choice, I have heard alot of people talk about sportster not being for long distance rides but then again I have seen alot of sportsters make long rides so I guess I can not say a 100%, but I'll bet you will love your new ride much better:carrot:

Holly a cupcake will suit you just fine beings how everyone knows you as cupcake, it just fits:smug: Funny today I was talking to a beer salesman who just heard the (tramp stamp) saying for the back tats, he was so funny about it...:dizzy:

It is so nice out today we are getting ready to go for a ride (quick ride) so DH just pulled in gotta go but I will be PM'ing you later Holly

VermontMom
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
ChopperChick - you mean a quick BIKE RIDE???? omg. I'd be soooo happy for a quick ride at this point!! I hope it happened for you :)

We had sun all day yesterday which was great. It is sunny now BUT 9 or 10 degrees, ugh.

This morning I did The Biggest Loser Cardio, 25 minutes with Bob. AND THEN Gilad's 45/45 toning. Because I really want to see some definition while I'm trying to reduce the fat. And it felt good, once I was done :D

got my lunch ready already, did it early this morning, salad and tuna salad. Yogurt is already at work.

Have a good one chicksQ

ChopperChick355
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Well it did hit 50 degrees yesterday so took the bike out but only for about a half hour -- sometimes that is worse because now tonight we get ice,- snow and wind now through tomorrow :( yippee - not really :(
Oh well I may get to have a snow tomorrow and stay home and get some house work done.

Well I have been getting at least 30-60 minutes of exercise in per day but my eating has not been totally OP. I will get my butt back in gear soon- I better anyways :)

Well better get going, talk to you later

VermontMom
02-26-2009, 10:08 AM
good (snowy :tantrum:) morning chicks; ChopperChick, I am so glad you got to get out for a bit! even if it was just a tease. I was inspired to shovel more in front of our garage, where the bikes' getting-out paths will be, but now it is snowing again and I paid bills this morning and that is just yucky on both accounts :devil:

This morning I did Kelly Roberts step aerobics. I usually use 5 pound, and then 3 pound, hand weights but did not this time, just didn't feel as energetic. I did hold one pounders, and had one pound ankle weights on. Did her 25 minute part and then her abs work.

gotta have breakfast and then get ready for work. Am gonna try something diff for lunch, I found about 6 Healthy Choice frozen meals in our back freezer. I had a Balsamic chicken one a couple weeks ago at home, and it was good. So I'll take one of those to work for lunch, with some veggies and yogurt-herb dip. Hopefully that will satisfy me.

have a good day, ladies :)

ladyrider72472
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
most of you have read about my treadmill desk that I have. I know that is a key in my weight loss. I am fortunate to have an employer that cares enough about me to let me do it.... but I have found a new way to exercise. I still plan on walking while at work, but I think in this last stretch to win my bet I am going to do more. I ordered the kettlenetics system before our ice storm and I used it once. I was wanting to tone my kangaroo pouch stomach and flabby jobbies on my arms.... my friend calls them the teacher wave (no offense to any teachers in here). BUT, the DVD made the tops of my thighs so sore I could barely sit and stand for a few days. It has targeting DVDs that are for 10 minutes on that body part. Anyway, for it being by a dancer or instructor-- it is not really hard to follow-- and you sweat your butt off. Is anyone else doing it? I have just a little over 2 months and a week until we leave...... I want to tone those flabby jobbies up! Tummy probably needs a tuck since I have had 2 C-sections and a hysterectomies. Sooooooo----- anyone hear of it?

VermontMom
02-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Actually I don't know of the treadmill desk, guess I missed it here? :?: but it sounds fascinating!!!

VermontMom
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
good morning, just finished doing The Biggest Loser Cardio 25 minutes; then some Denise Austin abs/back work. Have a great day :D

ladyrider72472
02-27-2009, 08:00 PM
I got the idea from Good Morning America. You can google it. I do not have the "real" version, it was $6500. However if you look online there are many versions of the treadmill desk ppl have made for themselves. Mine is a BowFlex Treadclimber set in the treadmill position (but it has a permanent incline) with my computer being on a 3 shelve "bakers rack" against the wall. On GMA they say you should be able to walk at 1mph for 8 hours a day. They call this burning of calories Nonthermogenic burning or something of that sort. Just meaning it is almost what your body would for its "normal" routines. It says you are supposed to be able to talk regular and not sweat. I am here to tell you that I walk 3 hours a day, I sweat, and I had to work on being able to talk on the phone. I can do almost every one of my job functions on it.

I have lost right at 60 pounds (I gained a couple this week) doing this since October. I started out taking 1/2 a diet pill a day to help with my appetite. I have changed my eating habits for the most part-- and what I have not changed I am working on. I went from a 2xl scrub size to a large. My boss asked me if I wanted to take it out of my office when I reach my goal. I told him "NO", if you don't mind, I always want it in there....... I need to maintain, and the whole reason for it was it hurt my back to sit all day (probably had nothing to do with me being over 260 pounds huh?). So, if I start hurting when I am done losing weight, I can still walk. I really like it. I do plan on doing my kettlenetics in the AM and other activites. I don't want to be sedentary like I was before.

So..... thats it on the desk. I have to tell you--- I do get a lot of patients coming into my office at the instruction of the doctor I work for to see how far I have come and how it works. He does stress that he did NOT make me do this-- lol.

chick_in_the_hat
02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I saw that story on GMA...nifty! Anything that gets people enthusiatic about moving is cool beans with me. Kettlenetics sounds like fun, too! :D

Sorry about all the snow!! Spring has hit over here. So - it's coming your way!! :carrot: I had a beautiful bicycle ride today - the trees are in flower and everything is so green! :cool:

Holly - I've been back on frozen lunches on and off...I like them, too. On sale they are a decent deal. :)

Chopperchick - someday I will talk myself into a tat. The little feet sounds so cute!

Mandy - cake happens. :lol: @ food porn.

VermontMom
02-28-2009, 07:31 PM
good evening! Gina, I am happily jealous of you....you sure live in the right place :)

today I did Cathe's Cardio Circuit and then some ab work. I haven't been OP eating, sometimes I do so well, sometimes I don't.

have a good one!

willow650
02-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I am home from Daytona and I am SO tried. We walked and walked and walked and rode and rode and rode. I forgot sunblock and my face should be on a lobster. I horrible but what else can you do at a rode side vendor? I had 4 little chicken fingers and a tiny bit of fries, not near worth the money paid. that was lunch, for Breakfast, I had scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of sausage and a piece od 9grain toast. Oh well, back on track tomorrow. I haven't decided on dinner yet, I may just eat some popcorn.