Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #1  
banned

Default is this board gonna close?

in 2 weeks or is it staying?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #2  
it's always something

We won't automatically close it, but will watch and see. As long as there is enough interest then it stays. If if fizzles, then it may be reduced to a dedicated thread in the main WW area. Hopefully it will stay
Old 11-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #3  
banned

i hope so cuz i think im staying with core
Old 11-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Why would you think this board is closing?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #5  
banned

b/c as of 12/7 core is non existent
Old 11-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

So we'll become the Momentum board. Gotta change with the times.

I, for one, would be open to any changes WW proposes. Thank God I was open to trying Core. I lost 45 pounds pretty painlessly. It sounds like what we've jokingly referred to here as Flore. Eating Core foods and counting points for them. I've never done it but it certainly has some merit for those who have trouble with portion control. I probably should have done it to avoid gaining back those 45 pounds.

I'll reserve judgement for now.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-22-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #7  
banned

yeah thats the basic gist of it. im not knocking any points related things xuz i know different people are different and thats fine. on this particular thread i was asking if the core board would still be available for those who choose to not make a change, b/c i dont plan to count points in any way shape or form. i dont even do it now(in lieu of wpa's i take a single day off) so im not about to start now.

also, "must change" is purely subjective..... and no, i , as does anyone else, always have the choice. i was on fat/fiber in the 90's and did that for a long time when points came out. again.....just sayin

btw id like to stress here that i am in no way starting fights etc im only expressing the fact thats its a pwersonal choice:

Last edited by andreaphilip3; 11-23-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:05 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

As Suzanne said, we will still have a place for those that wish to follow Core, in spite of any new changes. Flex will also be affected, for those that chose to follow the new plan. After the changes are officially announced, we will have a new sub-forum for that. Nothing else will change or be moved until we see how well the existing boards are visited.

We here at 3fatchicks want to keep this forum a place you return to, and feel "at home" here, while at the same time, keep up with the changes Weight Watchers gives us.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:11 AM   #9  
banned

thanks jane

youre right, the core people will be counting more points&the flex people will be exposed to more core foods& eating satisfaction so one thing i will say about it is this: i think its the first time that people from prior plans will have =changes
Old 11-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Or everyone might be happy where they are and continue what is working for them A lot of people think they have to change when the new stuff comes out but that is totally a false view. If you are Flex and really following the Healthy Guidelines then you are eating Core foods and from what I read, you are already doing the new plan.

I'm doing "flore" btw.....I started doing that to learn my portion control because it was hard to tell for me if I was still eating when I was satisfied or what lol

So no worries
Old 11-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

This has been a peaceful Core place to be. I just don't want us to be all worked up when there is nothing we can do about it. Change in the world is inevitable. If a person wants to keep doing the old Core, then so be it. I may be one of them. I just don't want to get all upset before I even hear what it is.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #12  

Well we can change to Momentum (the name of the new plan), and be a sub-group under Momentum. I forget what the new option under Momentum (replacing Core) is called - Simply Filling Techniques - I believe, but whatever it's name, we can still hang out and find each other!

I think the mods on this board will be kind enough to make some kind of announcement after they're sure about the new program.

And folks, please don't panic - the WW staff I've ran across are honestly very excited about the new plan. I haven't seen this kind of excitement since Points was introduced....and I go back to the days of liver once a week and 7 fish meals a week (the first WW plan ever).

WW has changed and improved their plan for over 45 years! Let's all come together and start the new plan afresh with each other.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #13  
banned

i think that romance diva is right& i would repestfully like to say that there was never any intent to "work" anyone one up.

i think that we have to respect each others ideas and opinions and i was just pointing out that i simply would prefer to stay with core, my choice.

on a final note, if i feel worked up by a post, i simply skip it so, just a future suggestion
Old 11-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #14  
beachbum

If this board{CORE THREAD} side of WW is going to close will we still have the core recipe folder to use..I haven't had a chance to print or copy the ones I liked to cook.

Hope it stay up for Core users.

Last edited by beach bum; 11-24-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm not worked up at all. You are the person posting multiples messages about the program changing.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-24-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Closed Thread