General chatter - It's T.S.O. Time Again!

View Full Version : It's T.S.O. Time Again!

EZMONEY
11-22-2008, 09:17 PM
With the Christmas Season approaching I thought it was time to put up one of my favorite songs, Christmas Canon Rock, from Trans-Siberian Orchestra in case you may not have heard of them. They are in San Diego tonight, Angie and I were going to go see them again but decided that this would be the first of our "new economy" budget cuts :)

We love TSO and Mannheim Steamroller, have seen them both in concert. I love Christmas music, just bought another Jim Brinkman Christmas CD yesterday. I have a station near me that is playing Christmas music 24-7 already....maybe a little early but I am loving it.

What is your favorite Christmas song/group?

Christmas Canon Rock...enjoy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9DmSfufSQ

Quixotica
11-22-2008, 09:48 PM
I love Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker...and I love the ballet. I would go every year if I had not worn out everyone I know with it! Including my high school students once!

I am pretty much a muoosh for old Bing Crosby Christmas tunes, too.

Sheri

happy2bme
11-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Last big splurge before uber belt tightening - we are going to see Mannheim Steamroller in concert Tuesday. This and the Eagles concert last week were my early Christmas presents this year.

My favorite Christmas albums are A Fresh Aire Christmas as well as a homemade album a friend made that is Christmas carols done in the style of classical guitar - that one is my personal favorite.

murphmitch
11-23-2008, 10:49 PM
I love Barbra Streisand singing the Ave Maria.

BarbPA
11-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Love TSO...we are going to see them Saturday night in Philly. :D

tamaralynn
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Oooooo Christmas Cannon Rock gives me goosebumps!!!!

I love all songs derived from Pachabel's Cannon!!

In fact, we played Cannon when we walked down the aisle :)

Thank you for sharing!

ronni62
11-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Love TSO and the kids do too. Really love almost all Christmas music, but Amy Grant's version of "Grown-Up Christmas List" brings me to tears every time. And, does anyone else remember the "John Denver and the Muppets" album? Still have that one and it's great for a wonderful Christmas pick-me-up!

tamaralynn
11-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Oooo They're coming to Calgary!!! I'll have to see if I can grab some tix.

alinnell
11-26-2008, 07:34 PM
TSO is pretty good. I got a CD of them last year for Christmas. I got enough Mannheim Steamroller growing up, so I don't own any of their stuff.

But concerts? I'll be going to DD's next concert at Fullerton on 12/6 (you really can't beat $8 per ticket!). I'm jealous--DD and her boyfriend are going to the Australian Pink Floyd cover band in Anaheim tonight.