Lighten Up! - Out of the Mouths of "Babes"

View Full Version : Out of the Mouths of "Babes"

Circebee
11-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I was at my salon getting a new 'do last week, and, as it is a chatty place, another woman was discussing how she could not wait to get her husband a Wii for Christmas this year. I was about to pipe up and chime in about my lust for a Wii Fit, when the Shampoo Gal (tall, thin, young, blond and fabulous looking- the "babe"' of this tale) chirps "yeah, I hear that the Wii even has this exercise thing for people that are too old and out of shape for the gym"! She was perfectly serious, and not at all catty. Just matter of fact. I died laughing telling my DH this story when I got home. Older than what, twelve?

EZMONEY
11-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I think I know her

Kyra
11-23-2008, 12:04 AM
:lol:

brittanykathleen
11-24-2008, 02:18 AM
the wii fit is so much fun, and actually more exercise than one would imagine

Robot
11-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I must be an old 24 year old then.

kelly315
11-24-2008, 01:59 PM
just when you think you have people figured out.

chick_in_the_hat
11-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm imagining she had anyone over 25 years old in mind. :lol3:

tinycities
11-27-2008, 05:57 AM
I actually feel genuinely sorry for people that make comments like that without having a clue how potentially offensive they are being. It makes people seem devoid of self-awareness, which it me is deeply unattractive characteristic! Tact is a pretty hard thing to learn...

The thing is, you do have to laugh it off though and see the funny side, what a completely ridiculous thing to say! I don't have a Wii Fit because I don't own a Wii, but if I did, I'd definitely consider getting it. At 23, I should obviously sit down with my pipe and slippers and watch that I don't put my back out!