40-Somethings - BFF's Getting Healthy

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : BFF's Getting Healthy

littlelindy
11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
:hug: Well I'm posting this for all the best of friends out there who want to get healthy and look better. So come join the fun and we will have some challenges along the way and some laughs to. My best friend and I for almost thirty years want to eat good and look good so we are joining the 3 fat chicks as part of our quest. Come join and drop pounds and look better.

littlelindy
11-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Well it's day two and I'm hanging in there. I did well with watching my over eating and I had a lot of water. I need to start walking, but I will wait until I have my bestest friend come join and anyone who wants to start the 12 week journey with us. I'm giving myself till Feb. the 9th to drop 25 pounds I will be 42 and want to feel good. I did this for support and to make new friends. So come join the fun and help me think of a challenge to keep us motivated. See ya later ...:D

littlelindy
11-23-2008, 11:14 AM
:carrot: Time to throw some excercise into my diet. I will start today and do my walk away the pounds tapes. They are great and i have several so I can change them becuase they do get boring. LOL I have to step on the scale tomorrow I hope it's at least two pounds. mmmmmm we will see. Were is my bestest friend? She will join me today I'm hoping. Anyone can come and join us we are fun and supportive. So see ya later and have a great day. I will be on later to make sure my BFF get's here and joins me. See ya ;)

fatmad
11-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Good luck. Who is your friend? is she on 3FC as well?
None of my close friends lives near me, and I wish I could have an exercise buddy. For a long time, a friend 50 miles away used to email with me, we would share our exercise for the day.
I exercised lots, lost no weight tho. I really see the diet and exercise are linked, even tho I didn't want to see it.

mytina
11-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey, hey, hey... I finally got on... it's BFF... This is great! It will be really fun to get A lot of other people... yep, anyone can join this group. So far it sounds like we are all in the same 'boat'.. we live away from our BFF's.. we're getting older, and we need to stay healthy,loose some pounds, have a little conversation, motivation, ... and FUN while we stick to our goals... oh, I joined the online Wt. watchers today.. so THAT is something I have never done! haha.. oops, I only have 13 points left after drinking my coffee w/ creamer & raisen oatmeal.. seems I have some learning to do! ;)
now, I need to learn how to get one of those cute little picture's next to my post! Have a wonderful day everyone!

littlelindy
11-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Wow this is cool. I'm excited and we are going to do this.... I will join ww on Wednesday or Friday not sure yet. We are going to do this I'm going to have my son take a picture of me every five pounds so I can see the diffrence. I have to find somthing to wear that is tighter so You can see the roles...LOL;) KK I will check in later and madfat r u going to join us? you are more than welcome we are going to try and make this fun. My friend and I live in different states , but are good good friends for a very long time. We can still support eachother and do challenges and have fun. Good luck.... Littlelindy..
Welcome BFF:p

Onmyway
11-23-2008, 09:02 PM
I would like to join too. The more the merrier right? I am following WW but not going to meetings or doing online. Just counting points. I've been doing well since I started at the beginning of September and I am hoping to be under 200 by New Year's.

C

littlelindy
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
:wave::wave::wave: Welcome and we will have a good time. I'm trying to think of our first challenge for Monday. I'm thinking weekly challenges would be fun. It can be activity,water, anything that keeps us going and healthy. I'm joining ww on Wednesday I just follow points on my owen, but if I join it helps me to stay on track more. So welcome and if you have any ideas let us know. It look like you have done a great job dropping the pounds already :carrot::cp: maybe we can use the smiles as bones icons when we drop five pounds the carrot can be a five pound icon and ten pounds is a winker or every two pounds is a green guy and we can cash them in for a five pound icon that would be fun so next to our name we can have our pound icons and at the end of two weeks see who has the most or hightest ... I don't know talking out loud....:cheer: talk to you later go team go....

mytina
11-24-2008, 03:06 AM
learning the points is going to be the challenge for me right now... I think I really blew it today...I think I am starting to understand that although I do not eat 'that' much I am not eating the right things.. It is really hard for me to follow 'rules',... since I am a bit of a rebel.. for me, this week is a bit of learning the points & being that Thanksgiving is in a few days I wonder how bad I will blow it then!ha.. well, I hope people continue to join... Does anyone know how I get one of those cool goal scales? ( not sure if it is even called that) well, goodnight all!

Onmyway
11-24-2008, 08:53 AM
mytina,
Go to the thread on Announcements and Forum Help. There is a FAQ section that explains how to get one. You have to be a member for 30 days I think. As for the points you will figure it out. It's almost like a game to me to see what I can find for the fewest points!

C

littlelindy
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
:cheer3: Guess what? I stepped on the scale this moring. I put my six pound weights on it four times to make sure it was right and it said I lost......
5 pounds my first week. :woohoo: So we can do this I can't wait till mytina drops her first five pounds. :dust: that is for my bff you can do the points it's easy ... And you said you don't eat very much you have to eat five times a day to keep your slow motabalism going. Put carrots, grapes,a yogurt,granola bar in you purse or bag that way you can snack. Another thing I do is when I'm cooking dinner or 30minutes before so I don't think I'm starving:hun: I drink an 8oz of V-8 juice it's 2points and fills your tummy up and I don't eat as much for dinner. It also gives you two of your veggie's. So I can't wait for this week I want to see if I can drop three pounds. I'm at 144 so if I drop another three it would be 141 I really want to get at 137 that is my first goal then 132 is my third goal then 129 in the 120'S then my final goal of 125... I forgot how well ww works if you stick to it. Ok everyone I'm off to myspace to see what everyone is doing and I will be back later..... :flow1: have a great day and talk to you later...... littlelindy

mytina
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
:hug: I am So happy for you BFF... you are a great motivator, that is for sure! :bravo:

I can't wait until I loose my first 5 lbs! then, I will be a believer. I have never been one to stick to rules... and I think with the WW the points thing really confuses me so I end up not eating anything at all.. This morning I had a smaller cup of coffee,.. with not as much vanilla creamer(my weakness) and I had a pack of instant oatmeal. I have to use some of this food before I can justify going out and buying the cooking oatmeal..which is better for us. I really need to get one of those WW books to tell me about the points.. so that is my goal today! I will take your advice "LL" and pack some of those things you suggested so I can have healthy snacks! :carrot:

Thank you "C" for the info. on the goal scales... that is too bad they make you wait for that long... when people get motivated to loose weight they need things like that right away!! oh well, it will be fun to get when we earn it, and then we can see how much we have lost! whoot whoot!:dancer:

Well, I am off to grocery shop OF ALL THINGS for Thanksgiving dinner:dizzy:
hopefully, I will get they gym in today too!! If not, for sure a walk & some weights! I got some catching up to do..haha... :turkey:

Have a wonderful day girls!:grouphug:

marytk
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
:wave CAn anyone join????

littlelindy
11-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Of course you can join us. We are hanging out dropping pounds and having fun. Mytina just joined ww online and is trying to figure out the points. LOL she is funny , but trying. Yes yes come join us. I'm trying to think of a challenge for us from This friday till Christmas eve? Any ideas? I started to wer my pedometer today I push ten thousand steps a day and really try to get over 12,000 so come join us and help me think of a challenge..... ;)

fatmad
11-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I have been trying to decide/figure out what weight loss plan, w.o.e. to use. I know I won't be going to meetings, and am not sure I want virtual meetings either, you can be my meetings. Tell me more about the points....I will go buy a book tomorrow, whats the best one?
Definitely time to get my slow metabolism moving...thanks

Onmyway
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Congrats on the loss littlelindy. That is sure motivation to keep you going! I think this group will be alot of fun and it's nice to have weight loss partners. Hope everyone has a good week!

C

littlelindy
11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Madfat good morning !!!! Well What I"m going to do is find a meeting wheight watchers and go to it and tell them I'm joining online, but I want the books to so there are two types your basic and eating out... When I bought them four years ago they were eight dollars a piece. I think if you go online to ww tot here store you can buy them to, but it takes awhile to get them. Also get a journal and write down everything you eat you will be surprised and more alert to what you eat.:o
Well I'm glad we have a good group so far. I'm thinking of doing a pedometer challenge till christmas. I want to find out how far it is to santa's work shop and see if we can walk there:kickcan:
Does everyone have a pedometer they are four bucks at walmart or Target has them for as low as six. Some just do steps and others do steps calories and distance in miles. So let me know if everyone is up for the challenge just at the end of the day or first thing in the morning give me your step count and I will keep track we will see how far we can get to the North Pole. KK :clause:If you have any other ideas let me know this will keep us walking and getting some were to. LOL I will check in later and let me know if you want to join. We will start on Friday..... kk see ya
Hey Bff where are you friend ... You were busy yesterday....:coffee2:

dmc2009
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
I would like to join this group.
I started counting points today and I go to the gym as much as I can.
Can I join ya?

marytk
11-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Been busy, but hope to check in regularly next week. Thanksgiving was surprisingly not too bad. And I worked out!!!! Kids were at the in-laws last night, so I caught up on sleep. Now, time to shop!!! Have a great weekend.

littlelindy
11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone. Well the first challenge till christams eve is 100,000 steps ... We need a pedometer for this and let me know all the step counts at the end or begining of the next day and I will keep track let me know if you are joining and you can join at anytime. See ya later:carrot:

dmc2009
11-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I suppose I could strap one one! ;-) I have a ped., its just that I find them so inaccurate.

I will be posting here and if I can find my ped. I will put t on tomorrow.

Today was a pretty good day, trying to get into the no carb or at least low carb for a bit.
I need a jump start on my diet, does anybody ahve any ideas?
Thanks,

48 and still holdin!

littlelindy
11-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone. Well I walked 11,144 steps yesterday. DMC2009 I agree they can be off. I find if I walk regular it's right on , but to open and close it it gives me extra steps. It just helps me to look and if I'm at 5,000 steps I know I need to get movin. I started to lift weight for my arms yesterday to give myself and body somthing different. I also started to do my walk away the pounds tape with bands. I go two miles and at first I did not work a body tempeture and now I do I hope that means I'm burning calories. Today I might go for a walk I don't want my body to get used to the same thing everyday and not drop anymore wt. How was your turkey day? How much weight do you have to get to your goal if you don't mind me asking? Well I'm going to go take care of breakfast (oatmeal for me ) and I will check in later. I think my BFF forgot about me.:cry:
Oh steps 100,000 minus 11,144 = 88,856 steps to go.... :coach:

dmc2009
11-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Good morning Little Lindy,
Well, I can be your new bff until your old one shows up, or we can all just be BFFs cause I don't have one here.

I am 5.2 and I weigh...146. I just weighed with PJs and socks and all.

I first goal would be to get to 135 and then after that 125.

I think I am going to start counting calories, BUT concentrate on low carb at first. Pasta Makes me so fat!!!! I can't even stop myself when it comes to that. And lately I seem to be a sweet junky.

I am 48. I used to be cute, but now I am just really starting to feel... 50!

Today I am going to do a gym class, weights and workout. About an hour. I plan to make a huge salad and then a low fat Veggie Fritatta and then turkey soup.

So, I will get back on later to see how your day went and tell you about mine.

Nice to meet you Lindy!!! Lets have good things to talk about tonight! Go for those steps. Hey, I do walk away the pounds, she is cute and that is fun!!!

mytina
11-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey, BFF is here.... I have a cold. I must have picked up someone's germ at the gym... of ALL places!!! so, now I feel like crap. I did good on Thanksgiving. In fact, I do good each day.. not eating. It is hard for me to learn to eat small things all day, and this point thing. I am going to buy a point book on Monday @ the weight watcher meeting. I am proud of you littlelindy!! you rock! ... and I am so happy that more people are joining.. anyone can join of course... I guess I need to learn to be more consistent on getting on here.. sorry, I just don't get online everyday... but I will try harder. Have a great day.. 70's up here in Northern California... wish I didn't have this cold it would be a beautiful day to go walk.

Oh, and Littlelindy... I would NEVER forget about my BFF!!

Onmyway
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi all, I've been out of town and away from the computer so no chance to check in.

The walking challenge sounds fun, I will have to get a pedometer but count me in. Thanksgiving went good for me. I tried to make good choices and got in some walking while we were visiting my mother-in-law. We'll see how weigh in goes on Tuesday. I did do a little shopping and was very pleased to be in a size 18 pants and a regular XL top. When I started I was in a 22! It was also fun to hear the compliments from relatives I hadn't seen in a while. I'm glad to have this group of friends to lose weight with.

C

dmc2009
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi all,
Went to the gym and got really tired. It was a great class.

So far today, I am on my plan of 1500 calories, but I think I am going to be hungry.

I need to find things that satisfiy for zero calories, any ideas?

My first day! Difficult!

mytina
11-29-2008, 10:20 PM
okay, I am back again ... I wanted to say that I officially will be doing the walking challenge.. but a few questions... do we wear the pedometer all day?... I do need to get one. Since I am feeling so crappy I will start on Monday... this week has been off schedule since we have my in laws in town.. and we are on their schedule.. not mine. Cool... as for the zero calorie food ideas.... I know littlelindy knows all that.. and tell me if I am wrong.. but celery, salad, water...haha..., geesh.. see how much I know... Help littlelindy!!! Have a great evening all...

littlelindy
11-30-2008, 10:51 AM
:hug: mytina you are right about the no calorie well we look at no points with wheight watchers. I like tomatoe with cucumbers and onion with vinigar and put it in a bowl with pepper and let it sit. It's good and very few calories. Also V-8 juice I like the spicy one point on ww and only 70 calories it fills me up I use it for a snack between breakfast and lunch. 98% fat free popcorn one bag on ww is only 1 to 2 points not many calories and they have the 100 calorie bags. I hope that helped DMC2009 Oh and good job going to the gym :woops:
ONMYWAY I'm sure it feels good to have others see the wheight coming off of you. It makes you want to keep going and now you have us to and we will help you get to your goal wt. :grouphug: Oh and two pant sizes :carrot::cheer: you are awsome. It will get better and better.
Ok so the walking my friends we started at 100,000 my first day I walked 11,144 so that put us at 88,856 yesterday I walked 11,765 so new balance is drum roll 77,091 , but I do need help :p:hyper:
I will keep a goal of everyone and post everyones personal total and group total.
And yes my BFF you wear them all day somtimes I fall asleep with it on. :twirly:
Ok I will check in later to see how we are doing thx guys i'm glad to have you...

dmc2009
11-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the tips Lindy! I need diet tips and tricks badly!:o

I think my ped is at work, so I will try to find it tomorrow and help you reach your goal!

I think I did pretty good, I ate a few pretzels with PB last night, OF COURSE right before bed, it is a terriible habit I have!!! HELP!!!

But I did pretty good yesterday otherwise. Today, going to the gym, coming home and making my turkey soup, without noodles, just veggies!! I might throw in some beans.

I need to go to the store and change my creamer from fat free to sugar free and look for other low cal options! I am gonna buy some skinny cow too!

Back on later to post my day and see how you are doing! If you want to share what you are eating and the calories they are, it would sure help me learn that!

Here we go!!!! Let's do this thing!!!:carrot:

Onmyway
11-30-2008, 05:39 PM
dmc2009,
Here are some of my snack staples:
WW yogurt - 1pt
Fiber One bars - 2 pts - very filling
fresh fruit
carrots and celery with FF dip
Kashi Heart to Heart cereal 3/4 cup = 1 pt, great for snacking when you need something crunchy
Trader Joes Salt and Pepper Rice Crisps, 36 crisps = 2 pts. I eat these instead of chips
Trader Joes Baked Blue Corn tortilla chips and salsa
Sugar free jello pudding cups - when you need something sweet
Laughing Cow cheese

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work. We are here for each other and we will lose weight!

C

mytina
11-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I am going to have some catching up to do with the step challenge!! :running:
I am buying a pedometer tomorrow a.m. ... AFTER I go to the gym & a WW meeting to buy a point book!!!:running::exercise:

The snack idea's are awesome... lots of yummy options... thanks everyone for your input! ... oh, I used to eat a Peanut butter sandwich almost daily until Littlelindy informed me that was 15 whopping points on WW. ouch!! changing habits! :cp:
I did pick up some high fiber V8 juice yesterday... and I am getting ready to have some now... ... I made turkey enchilada's for dinner last night... so yummy!.. I did good on my portions,and had salad... today I had that for lunch too.. but I will only have salad with no dressing for dinner... since I am convinced I have just about had my point allotment for WW today! :dust:

As for today... I reset my treadmill up so when I am home I can jump on it ... I am going on a bike ride very soon...

The weather is absolutely beautiful in Northern California today!! 70ish...:carrot:

Have a wonderful day everyone!! :goodvibes

dmc2009
11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Awesome tips!!!

Today I did that grahm cracker with whip cream in the freezer, OMG, so good!!!

Break a grahm cracker in half. spoon in FF whip cream and freeze! YUMMMMM

Had a pretty good day, but got a little carried away with trying all the neat ideas! :o

I worked out pretty hard so trying to still maintain my 1500 calorie a day, even with workout!

Will have light, light dinner!

littlelindy
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Well I stepped on the scale today week two down and two more pounds gone. I have lost eight pouds so far :carrot:
I'm glad everyone sounds so motivated to do the walking challenge and it looks like we are all helping eachother. Great job.... So with our challenge lets set mini pound goals. So by christmas eve how many pounds do each of us want to drop off? Let me know and it will keep us going to see if each of us can do it :grouphug:
So i'm setting my goal at 6lbs that's 136 lbs by christmas eve.:dizzy:
So does everyone work? I do part time waiting for school to start on Jan. the 7th I will graduate in May with my LPN and will go back in August for my RN. So I stay busy and try not to eat becuase I"m bored ... MY goal this week is to clean up my garden and pond. Well everyone have a great day. OH steps I walked 9,790 yesterday so our new total is 67,301.
I will check back in later. Have a great day....

littlelindy
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
I can't figure out how to change my weight ? Does anyone know? Or do we :devil:ya after awhile.

dmc2009
12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi BFFs,

good news, I have my pedometer on, Bad news I pigged out last night BADLY!

I was so sore from going to the gym I just sat on the couch and pigged. Today I brought healthy choices to work and will walk up a hill at breaktime.

I think the weekdays will be easier for me than the weekends, even though I work out more on the weekends.

I don't know how to change the weight at teh bottom Little!

Okay, I weighed myself and I weighed more like 147 148, this morning. That is it! I am so close to 150 it scares me.

Will post my diet and my steps later. Can you all share what you are eating too and the calorie count so I can learn more?
:hug:

littlelindy
12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Stop it and don't pig out email us or have a talk with yourself. Drink a glass of v8 or water and chew on some ice. Healthy low calorie snacks buy the 100 calorie snacks they have chips cookies, and lots of stuff. I eat special k cereal when i want somthing sweet with strawberries in it. Also skinny cow or ww ice cream bars they have fruit ones with vanilla in the middle for 1 point like 40 calories. Jello with light whip cream is good or sugar free pudding is good also I'm having one of those for a snack on ww it's two points like 100 caloires. So you can do it we all have to set a weight goal for christmas and we will all get there together..KK? No more pigging out nope nope nope LOL talk to you later...:hug:

Onmyway
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Lindy,
To change your weight click on User CP at the top of the page. Then click on edit Profile. Scroll down to your weight info and change your current weight. Then save changes. Hope this helps.

I bought a pedometer but have had trouble getting it to work right. Will let you know when I figure it out. (Maybe I should read some directions!)

As for a goal for me, I am trying to be in the 190's by the New Year. That's 10 pounds by the end of the month. Not sure if I can do it but I'm trying. I haven't been under 200 in over 20 years!

C

dmc2009
12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Lindy, Hi OnMyWay...
I dropped by ped when I got out of my car and the battery piece fell off. I just noticed that... but I was at about 4500 for the day.

I hope that piece is still down there, I have to go look in the dark in the parking lot.

I did much better today and I have 300 points left after dinner! So I am gonna have some tea (zero) and see if I feel like more later.

I am gonna pack more for work snacks and lunch tomorrow.

I have found my new best friend, a grahm cracker with ff whip cream. 65 calories and tastes like wedding cake! Well... almost!
;-)

dmc2009
12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I found it. This poor thing has even been dropped in a toilet!

littlelindy
12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Hello onmyway....:D
Well you can do it I know you can. Do you walk? what type of diet are you on? If you don't mind me asking. I'm doing wheight watchers and I walk or do walk away the pounds tape. I started it with the one mile then moved to the two mile brisk walk with bands. I do that once a day and lift weight just three pound weights , but I do get a work out I guess it's different with building muscle. So I want to drop from 142 to 136 and onmyway is wanting to go from 210 to 199 go go go ok anyone else? I will check in later....

littlelindy
12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
hello dmc2009 wow ok I will write down your steps. Just to let everyone know the american heart association says we should walk 10,000 steps a day to stay fit. So I'm at 8,000 right now so I"m going to go do my walk away the pounds tape so that should bring me up to 10,000 steps. So when we are down on our steps we need to get up get active walk, and drop weight and gain strength and move our joints. Ok so that's my pep talk and health tip .. I will check in later. Oh DMC2009 what does that stand for? Also what is your weight goal for christmas ever?

mytina
12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Ok... right now I have to stay off the scale!!! I went to the gym this morning and it says I gained two pounds!! ugh! so, I will not weigh until next week.. or maybe not... I went to the weight watcher meeting and bummer I have to wait another week to get the point book since they are coming out with the all new 2009 edition! :D I have been trying really hard to eat small portions all day... .. see on a normal day(before 3FC) I would have my coffee, then slam a PJ sandwich while heading out the door for work.. then nothing until dinner.. I am not a big snacker... well, that hasn't worked for me since I have been gaining steadily.. so I am learning to eat all over again. LittleLindy my bff ( now OUR bff):hug: has informed me I need to eat more to stimulate my metabolism.. which makes sense.. and to make things short I am working at it. :?:

My Pedometer doesn't seem to work since It says I walked 1919 steps today....:nono: I know that can't be right since that is all I do all day is walk, and I also hit the gym & walked the treadmill. So, I will go to walmart tomorrow to buy a new one

You all are kicking butt:carrot: all the tips on food are great. I cannot wait to try to graham cracker & FF cool whip... slurp..:T

Enjoy and be positive...if you screw up then tell yourself you will work even harder tomorrow...:dizzy:

goodnight!

dmc2009
12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
:D

Tomorrow is gym day, and its a low impact class, I will wear my ped there too. And I will walk more tomorrow during the day! I love that you are pushing us!

I am at about 148 or so, that is what the scale said this morning. How about my goal be 139 by end of this month. Is that doable?

OH MY GOSH you guys, I would be so happy

dmc2009
12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
My Tina.
You go girl! I love your will power dust, give us more!!! ;-)

dmc2009
12-02-2008, 12:00 AM
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/

Hey, check out the link for health tools, there are some great calculators and tips and daily log sheets, etc.

Onmyway
12-02-2008, 12:52 AM
dmc, Thanks for the link! There's some good stuff there!

I have been doing Weight Watchers but I don't attend the meetings. I count points. As far as exercise goes, I ride the exercise bike several times a week and I recently started doing the Biggest Loser sculpting video. I know adding more exercise would be a big help to my weightloss program.

:grouphug: This group is the BEST!

C

littlelindy
12-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Good morning all my BFF"s.... I hope everyone has a great day. Think positive and be strong minded. I'm glad we are all checking in everyday it really does help. So to recap some things. First of all I can't spell worth you know what. So you might get some laughs along the way. Mytina knows this already and she goes with it. Funny I'm going to be a nurse and one that can't spell. LOL , but a very very very good nurse ...
OK so I have wheight goals for Me 136, DMC2009 139, and ONmyway 199, so let's see mytina we need you, ,your christmas eve goal is ......?
Second thing what day does everyone weigh in on? I do on Monday's I think mytina is Tuesdays? we need to support everyone on those day's so give us the scale day and we will support. Try not to step on it except for that day it gets to be a challenge and to easy to give up if the scale says we have not lost or that we have gained. Once a week is all we need it's about getting healthy and feeling good to.:wave:
Ok third thing is the steps I have mytina 1919 (not correct but put it down) DMC2009 4500, and me 12,305 so days total is 18,724 steps to go is 48,577 :bravo:
Ok so everyone try and get to ten thousand steps today and eat healthy think positive ... put a rubberband on your wrist and if you think you want unhealthy pop yourself and think of us we care and we are the best group around:dancer::dust::dust:
Ok I have things to do today I will check in this afternoon.:grouphug:

dmc2009
12-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Okay, good morning all BFFs!!!

No worries, my spell is bad too! ;-)

I weigh in on monday morning! Yesterday I came in just under 1500 calories and I was not hungry at night! I was so happy. I saved just enough calories to have a little pretzel and PB before bed to take the edge off. It was an accomplisment.

I will put on my ped and walk today. Also, going to gym tonight.

Do you think I can make 139 by end of month??? REALLY???:carrot::o:dizzy:

I can't believe it! wow... fingers crossed!

Okay, I better get walking. So nice to have you all here!!!!

dmc2009
12-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Quick note: I am already up to 4655 on my pedometer!!!

I am hungry, so going to have a snack - I thought my breakfast would sustain until lunch, but its not. 360 calories, fritatta , tst and coffee.

marytk
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Hello! Finally back. Things are going okay. This week will be a challenge. It's my hubby and kids' birthdays on Wed and Thurs. Then we go out to dinner on Friday, along with drinks etc. and the kids' birthday party on Saturday. I'm also invited to a cooking baking party on Sunday, but will NOT be going. I did well over the Thanksgiving holiday. No weight gain at least! Working out of going fairly well. I'm still trying to do the Couch to 5K, just taking a bit longer than I expected. I'll keep trying! Went to spinning class last night. Kicked my butt! Haven't done that for a while. Tonight I'll run and do some weight training. I know if I can do well with my exercise the eating part will become easier.
Hope everyone is doing well. Will check back tomorrow!

mytina
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Okay.. I am checking in real quick like.... We have Girl Scouts tonight.. :)

I bought a new pedometer today at walmart... 8.00 and it does the calorie counting too. Now, I just have to set it up.. and somehow.. how? will I ever catch up.. gesh.. I'll never make it to the North Pole! ouch! That was my rubber band snapping on my wrist... great idea LittleLindy.. it works!

I didn't work out today. The in laws left this morning & the pretty much took up my two hours of free time in the a.m. ... I will have to work out extra hard tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great idea's BFF's you are all so motivating! so, you want a goal wt. .. hahahaha... I seem to just add on the wt. while you all take it off. so, let me see I am at 144 now.... lets just say 135!!!!! wow, I got chills!!!! :) :)

good night all. ~~~~~~ will power to all and all a good night!!

dmc2009
12-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Now that is not gonna happen every day.

So.. Just got back from the gym, and I am hoping that someone can tell me if you would eat more or less when you burn more calories????

Will I lose weight faster if I don't? Is it healthy???

thanks all and hope you are doing good!!:hug:

dmc2009
12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi all,
Up early and will get steppin' as soon as I get dressed. Got to admit, its kind of a hassle wearing the ped all day, esp in the bathroom.;)

Have high hopes of staying on track today. I have posted my daily menu in the forum, hoping to get some ideas what everyone is doing to stay low cal/low point.

Good luck today and I will post my Ped results later today.

littlelindy
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Well I have to get back to work today nine to noon only today.MYtina you will figure out your ped it's easy just adjust it till it's close .... Mine is pretty right on after messing with it for day's .
Welcome back marytk nice to have you. MY computer is not working this morning. :devil:
Ok so steps for yesterday. ME 11,584 total 30,308 to go for group 36,993 we are almost there I think we can go there and back I need to find out how many steps is one mile. I will try and do that the next couple of days.
DMC2009 this is what I ate yesterday. Breakfast 8am special k with berries 1/4 cup of 2% milk, at 10:30am cheez it's two points, at noon I had half of a turkey sandwich with one tsp of light mayo onion and one can of progresso soup zesty veggie lunch was five points. I had a snack of sugar free choc. pudding. and for dinner potatoes small amount two points broccoli and califlower no points steak four points. so that's how I eat everyday I did a two mile brisk walk with bands and went for a mile walk down my street I also drank six glasses of water (very important) took a multi vitamin and a vitamin C. Well that's it. I wake up plan my two snacks my lunch and leave dinner for later I stick to only what I have planned out.
Ok I have to go I have to get ready for work I do home health care part time till the nursing program starts in five weeks.
Stay on track and I will check in at one when I get home. I need steps from everyone so we can get to our goal weights.
Marytk I need your weigh in date and your goal wheight for christmas eve. MYtina I bet knowing you all these years you can get to 135 in the next few weeks watch.... :hug::hug:
Ok more dust :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::kickbutt: walk my bff's....
Have a great day

littlelindy
12-03-2008, 10:55 AM
dmc2009 sorry I did not see your steps till now. Ok so you total is 20,573 and group total is 79,080 we have only 20,920 to go so we need to up our step length.

mytina
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
checking in... need to go eat..breakfast/lunch... old habits are hard to break.. learning to eat small meals is a huge challenge for me! not that I eat large meals, ... I just don't eat much until dinner time... and I so want to change that.. I just don't get an appetite! I know Littlelindy has been through this with me... I promise I will break the habit..

I have my new Ped on... I am curious to what it will say at the end of the day... hmmmm....

I didn't get to hit the gym this morning... errands had to be run... but will get on the home treadmill later today.

K... BFF's.... go into your day with a fire under your butts!! ;)

marytk
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Had a decent morning. Ate Fiber One for breakfast with coffee, a egg, bacon,cheese sandwich for snack,but then chinese for lunch. :( Tasted good, but now I'm feeling ill. I should know better by now. Ugh. It's hubby's birthday today and the twins' tomorrow, so there will be cake until New Years. I will be working out today and also getting a massage. Need to do that once in a while.
Did my couch to 5K last night and lifted some weights. Felt good. Now if I could just get my eating under control!

DarrellsDiva
12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi! I would love to be allowed to join your group, if you don't mind. I don't really have any friends around here to support me in my new weight loss endeavor. I live in NC and my bff lives in GA, but I'm choosing not to share my new undertaking with anyone outside of my immediate family. I guess I just don't want to deal with the rolling eyes, if you catch my drift. It seems that I am always trying some new diet...well, actually, it is more like I have the best of intentions but never really go through with it.

In doing some soul searching, I realized that I have to take things one day at a time and focus on myself one baby step at a time.

I see you are using pedometers and I would definitely like to participate in your walking challenges. I can't pick one up until this weekend, though.

Anyway, I would really like to join you if there is room!

Aileen :bunny2:

Onmyway
12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Welcome Aileen! There's always room for another friend, right girls? Having a support system outside the family is awesome. I started out about where you are so I know where you are coming from. This group will be great for you!

C

littlelindy
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello to everyone. Well Aileen of course you can join us we have been getting pretty close and supporting eachother. I started the ped steps at 100,000 and I'm thinking we are kicking butt and I need to bump it up to 100,000,000 so girls are you ready for that one. So Aileen we need to know when you weigh in and a goal wheight for christmas eve.:grouphug:
Ok were is everyone? I hope you all did good. I did a lot of yard work and more tomorrow. Let me know your steps in the morning and I will give everyone there totals. I will try and check in later it's seven thirty and I have to get the kids showers and homework. kk see ya later and group together and remember your goal weight is only three weeks away. :carrot::gossip:

Onmyway
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Lindy,
my pedometer for today is 8456. I'm done for the day since it is cold and snowy here. I'm in my fleece PJ's to keep warm. Anyone know how many calories you burn shivering?!!! Today was my weigh day and I stayed the same. Last time that happened I had a bigger loss the next week, hope that's the case again. Everyone is doing great and working hard. See ya tomorrow!

C

dmc2009
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
:carrot:

Okay, today my ped came to 10303!!! Not too bad! I bolded for you Lindy!:hug:

Welcome to the group Aileen.
MyTina, you can do it. You can do it!!!! Lets do this together. I have never had this support before and Yes, I don't want my family/friends with a pulse :dizzy: rolling their eyes at me either!!! I like it here... it feels right.

Today, I made:

egg whites with salsa and a low carb tortilla, so good!
Lunch was a blt made with low cal bread, ff mayo. Not bad
Dinner was chicken salad with avocado.

I am 95 calories over, but I don't include my workouts or walking. I have a little hill, and I walk up and down it on the days I don't go to gym.

I am here Lindy!!!! We are a team. I can't wait for 3 weeks. I think I am gonna be down 8 lbs. My clothes already just a smidge loose and my muffin top is not so muffineeeee!!!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Talk later BFFs! Please keep coming and posting it really REALLY helps us all!

dmc2009
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Stay warm and don't get sick girlfriend! We need to ped Steps.

Yeah, you better up it Lindy... :cool:

dmc2009
12-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Not going to gym today but I plan to the next 3 days in a row. Will put on my ped again today and get some steps in.

I am cheating. I am looking at the scale.. not much happening!!!!! I am being so true to my 1500 calorie a day I just think the lbs should MELT OFF!!! A POUND A DAY!!! Yeah baby, that would rock!

What if I do this and nothing happens?????:(:(:(

I got a Wii Fit to help out too!!! Right????

littlelindy
12-04-2008, 10:51 AM
:hug: so everyone looks like they did good yesterday..:D I have step counts for everyone.
DMC2009 30,876
Onmyway 8,456
Mytina 1,919
Littlelindy 65,687 I did 9,099 yesterday
Ok DMC2009 it sounds like you are on track and no one will nock you off. You are sticking to your calories and getting healthy. Good Good Good job so proud of you. :hug: and you have over ten thousand steps everyday so far that's excellent.
Onmyway I bet you you will have a good drop in your weight next week stay on track and don't give up make it a personal goal to prove you can do this and get fit and drop the pounds. I want nothing more for you to get to that 199 mark. When I don't drop in pounds the next week I give it my all and have a good one the following week. We are here for you and I'm excited to see what it is next week. :p
So I will check in before I leave this morning they messed my name up on my student grant so I have to run to the college to give them some information. ONly a 30 mile trip errrrr Ok I will check in in about a half hour. Aileen the peds at walmart you can get one for four bucks. Any were is mytina? she is so busy. I have a school party with my five year old daughter tonight we are watching polar express and it's from six to seven thirty fun fun. kk my friends don't forget to drink your water leave how much you have drank with your steps we need to drink at least six to eight glasses a day very important to dropping those pounds so leave your glass of water count with your steps. I'm watching you LOL see ya later. :smug:

mytina
12-04-2008, 01:46 PM
I am re-adjusting my Ped. today... grrrrrr.... does anyone else have problems with these things... ?? :o
I had it set at my stride was 24 inch well, I was watching the thing and It would give me one step to my 20 ... I have now adjusted it up to 27 inches... I will see if this becomes more accurate since Yesterday it said I only walked 3000 ....:?: I will GET it soon... just bare with me... haha...

This morning I have to sit at the computer to do some bill paying.. :dizzy:
I need to go eat something after writing this... eating helps our metabolism.. so eat, but pick 'filling foods'... if you are a member of WW then you know what that is... if not just ask... I will explain.. although I am just a novice at all this!!!

I will do some weights & treadmill later today... I will check in later...

Have a wonderful day BFF's....:carrot:

marytk
12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Not feeling well today. Still hoping to get a run in today though. Then an early night with lots of (hopefully) lots of rest!

Onmyway
12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
DMC,
How is Wii Fit. My daughter has a Wii and I was thinking of getting that. Do you think it is worth it?

I'll check back later with my step count. I put it on this am and then went to work, checked it early morning and it said I did a whopping 78 steps! I moved it to my pocket and it started working fine. Oh well!

I've had a good eating day and am planning a light dinner. Then i'll ride my bike. Hope everyone has a great day.

Thanks for being my new BFF's!

C

mytina
12-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, I am starting to wish my Ped would fall off in the toilet or something now!!! I am frustrated with it, and me for not being able to figure it out!:dizzy:
dmc2009 You are so lucky to have a Wii .. I want one so bad!! my neighbor just bought the Wii fit and loves it..!!!!:carrot:

Marytk get some rest.. I hope your feeling better real soon.:)

onmyway Is it still snowing? brrrrr.. that would really make me slow up.. I am very much a reptile.. the colder it gets the slower I get. :smug:

littlelindy did you loose more weight for me today?? :hug:

I am tired.. had my small dinner & now I will retire to bed to read. Have a good night BFF's:yawn:

Onmyway
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's my steps for today - 10535 :carrot:
I was going over 10,000 if it killed me!

No more snow here but it has been cold. I believe I was a bear in a previous life cause I have a strong desire to hibernate!:dizzy:

Today was a good day. My boss complimented me on my weight loss. Even if the scale did not go down, at least it did not go up this week, right!

Can you all believe there is only 3 weeks til Christmas? We finally got our tree up and decorated and lights on the front of our house. Now if I could just finish my shopping early! :present:

Keep it up girls!
:dust: :dust: :dust:

dmc2009
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I got in over 10000 for my steps today, more like 10500, but I dropped the darn thing when I got out of the car AGAIN and the battery came out.

No steps tomorrow, I am going to the gym! ;-)

I haven't got a Wii yet, I just ordered it yesterday, I will let you know how it goes. I got the Fit for me, but I bet my DD will want it too.

Had a good day calorie wise, still around 1500. Feel better and really think I might make it to the end of the month.

I am worried that I might have to drop to 1200 and that will KILL ME!!! UGH.. what would I eat?

Okay, lets keep going. I will post tomorrow and check in!!! Mary, Feel better:), Tina - even if you drop it in the pot, it will work! :D

Glad to be here, you all seem dedicated an I need that support!!! Good job all!

littlelindy
12-05-2008, 12:06 AM
:p Ok ped count for the day
Littlelindy 12,827 total 78,514
DMC2009 10,500 total 41,376
Onmyway 10,535 total 18,991
Mytina 0 Total 4,919 (will add todays when you get them to me silly)
Ok I do not see water were's the water??????? :dizzy:
water count with steps. We are going to get to the goal no matter what kk?!
It sounds like everyone is doing really good and making good choices. I'm proud of my group :hug:
Ok i'm very tired did two hours of hard yard work. I want to wake up and do my walk away the pounds tape and then hit the yard for more work. I will be on tomorrow sharp and see how everyone is doing. mmmmm I wonder what everyone's eating tomorrow ...:o healthy and smart lots of water and walk walk walk. See ya then

dmc2009
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I guess I am not supposed to keep watching the scale, but its hard!!!

Okay, Okay, water! :):):)

Will try to drink lots today, actually its easy as I am doing wieghts today at the gym. Usually drink a who bucket!

I will end up putting on my pedometer if it still works. I put the battery in backwards last night and now I can't open it. Ugh. I hate those things.:D

Okay, into my day, keeping it healthy!
I can do this, I can do this I can do this, I CAN

littlelindy
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Good morning ... WOW sure was tired yesterday. DMC2009 yes you are right you can do it. OH don't step on the scale only once a week. If the scale is not down or the same it's hard to keep going and it pushes you to eat or give up and ruins the day. So everyone once a week on your weigh in day. That way it's one time a drop not or gain. KK?:carrot: Well I think I'm going to pick up my mom today and we are going for a walk in the mountains. I'm not sure I have to finish my yard work today also. mmmmm what to do?:?: Ok well just wanted to check in and I will this afternoon remember walk over 10,000 steps and water six glasses a day. And I hope everyone is taking their vitamen?!:dizzy: See ya later......:hug:

dmc2009
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
How does it look.

Just finished eating my egg whites and salsa. I have to say, I LOVE that breakfast, for the amount of calories and the amount of protien, its a win win.

Have a great day!

dmc2009
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Slow and steady, thats seems to be it. I really REALLY want to drop 8 lbs by the end of the month!!!! I really, REALLY DO!

My ped was 4067. I went to a gym and did my weight work, trust me the squats and the weights got me sweating! I will trade in a good gym class for walking any day.

Stayed within my calories so far today, don't really need to go over 1500. I think I am going to have to cut back maybe 100 calories. ??? Thoughts?

Drank lots of water. I have no idea how much, but a huge WW bottle and tea all day long. I will try to track better.

Where is everyone:^::^::^::^:

Onmyway
12-05-2008, 11:08 PM
My pedometer for today is 11154. :dancer:

I did not let myself step on the scale this AM. It took more willpower than a Snickers Bar! I'm really hoping for a good loss this week after last weeks zero.

:clause: I'll be spending my morning at my DD's school for Breakfast with Santa. I'm planning to eat at home before I go and skip the pancakes and sausage.

Keep up the good work friends!

C

dmc2009
12-06-2008, 12:16 AM
ONMYWAY, good job on your steps today.

How many calories are you limiting your consumption to?

Just curious.

I didn't get on the scale today either, I am waiting for monday! I don't see any difference though!

;-) I hadn't realized I got so big!!!!
:o

Onmyway
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Thanks DMC!

I don't count calories. I am following WW flex and currently can have 27 points based on my age, weight and activity level. I am trying really hard to get my 5 fruits and veggies each day and I have increased the amount of fiber in my diet as well. As I continue to lose my points will decrease. I also get 35 extra points each week but I don't always use them.

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who gets impatient with the rate we lose at. I could gain 10 pounds in a week if I wanted but it would take me at least a month to lose 10!

Have a great weekend. Think slim thoughts!

C

Thighs Be Gone
12-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Hi Ladies.

I would love to post along with you gals here. I am needing to find some consistent support here on 3FC. I find blogging really helps me. I am a mom of two and in my late 30's. I am on my "own plan" I guess you could say. I have no one doing this thing with me in my household or friends going through this in real life. I began in June and here I am today. I am unsure of ultimate goal. It's kind of like going shopping I guess. When I SEE it, I will know!

Onmyway
12-06-2008, 09:22 AM
:welcome2:

There is always room for another friend! :grouphug:
You have done a terrific job so far! You started out a little more than I am now so you can be an inspiration for me! How long have you been following your plan? What type of exercise are you getting? This group has been great for me. Hope to see more of you (or should I say less!) around here!

C

littlelindy
12-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Wow look at everyone. Planning meals before an event knowing there might be unwanted fatty food there (good) job.... And going to the gym watching calories. YOU are awsome.
Ok ped count oh anyone on ww if you go to activities and down at the bottom it says steps it will ask you your ped stride put it in and enter your steps for the day and it will give you your daily activity points it's awsome just found it the other day.
So Littlelindy yesterday 16,083 total 94,597
DMC2009 4,067 total 45,443
Onmyway 11,154 total 30,145
Mytina 10,502 total 15,421
Group total this far 185,606 steps (good job):carrot:
I see we might have a new BFF welcome....:welcome2:
I worked out yesterday to my walk away the pounds tape with the belt and she :kickbutt: I'm so sore LOL my shoulders and sides she does double steps in this one double side and bouble leg lifts ouch. I drank six glasses of water .
I'm so proud no one is getting on the scale don't do it i'm telling you wait till your weigh in day and then just take it. Onmyway you are doing awsome :dust: planning your meals and I can see you are changing you sound so positive.
DMC2009 going to the gym is wonderful I wish I could go I live out of town about twenty miles or more from the gym I try and do what I can here I have five acers so there is plenty to do around here. Well I will check in later and all is welcome don't give up our wheigh in day's are coming so stick to it and keep up the walking and water and planning your meals. Think of us and how great you will feel when the scale drops .... See ya and good good good job .. I will check in later ..:shocksn:

dmc2009
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Well maybe! :carrot:

Getting up and into my day, gonna have my coffee and get rolling

I live across the street from the gym Lindy and that makes it really easy for me. :):):)

OnMYWY, I did weight watchers but got frustrated counting points, and its just easier for me to read the box and see the portion/calorie without having to do the count thing. I was only alotted 18!!! YIKES Not saying I wouldn't do it again, but this is working for me now. Maybe when I start doing it again we can pal up!!! Share point ideas.

Today my menu will consist of more of the same until I can get to the market..

Have a wonderful healthy good choice day. Monday is weigh in and I am feeling a little ligher!!! Heavy sigh, it takes so long:(:(:( But I feel more committed than ever!!

DarrellsDiva
12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi, Ladies!

I'm sorry I have not been on much - I don't have the opportunity to check this daily. I've decided that Sundays will be my weigh in days and I am going to follow the Best Life program by Bob Greene. Bear with me, though, as I am not allowed to weigh myself for 4 weeks after my initial weigh in tomorrow. I believe I will be able to weigh in weekly after that. I chose the Best Life program because it is about learning and understanding why you are overweight and what your triggers are, etc.

I also have not gotten my pedometer yet. I am hoping to get it tomorrow when I'm out doing the grocery shopping. I want to be able to start walking Monday.

I am so happy to read how well you are all doing!

Have a great night!!
Aileen

dmc2009
12-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Today, put me down for 9500 steps. Most of that was done in my step class. Wow, was I red faced when that was done.

Drank lots of water and tea.

Looking forward to my weigh in, monday right? I got one more exercise class and one more day to do well.

Today went to Applebees for lunch. I hate eating out - its really hard to be good. I had the chicken salad, 350 calories and the onion soup, 150 calories and I added 150 calories because I had a couple of bites of bbq chicken off my daughters plate.:o:o

Had a huge salad for dinner and tomorrow plan on Egg whites with tomatos and 1/4 avacodo. I love that!

Glad to see you back Aileen! Everyone here seems to be committed to it, I really appreciate the support.

Where is the dust, give us some dust!!!
:hug::hug:

Onmyway
12-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Steps today 10424!

Another good day here. Worked at Breakfast with Santa and did a little Christmas Shopping afterwards. Drank tons of water today, I have been very thirsty.

Went to a neighborhood Christmas party tonight and feel like I made good choices. It is very hard to resist all the holiday baked goodies. This is going to be a tough month.

DMC, I'm rooting for you to have a big loss Monday! :carrot:
Here's your dust!

Goodnight friends!

C

littlelindy
12-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone. Sorry I did not get on agian yesterday. I had a parade to go to and we left at two thirty and got home at ten thirty. Can you believe it I left my ped at home so I only have 3,600 steps for yesterday.
Littlelindy 3,600 total 98,197
DMC2009 9,500 total 54,943
Onmyway 10,424 total 40,569
Mytina ? Mytina just texted me and she forgot to put it on so she has 15,421 group total is 209,130 steps I want to get to 100,000,000 one million. :carrot:
I will give a total when Mytina checks in. Sounds like everyone is doing good. I did not do so good yesterday? I had cereal for breakfast , and eight corn chips with salsa for a snack and then a sugar free puddding then I did not eat till nine at night and had chips salsa,beans,chili's,cheese,lettuce,and onion I shared a plate with my husband. So the points for ww is the chips and the cheese I think the beans are fat free not sure? I don't think I really went over I was so hungry and that's what she made so I had it I figured I barely had anything all day and walked a lot so I might be ok we will see tomorrow morning. So who all wheighs in tomorrow? :dizzy: Well I need to make better choices today I have to go to the grocery store on Tuesday and buy all my good stuff and then the wheight lose should be easier. Yogurt,fruit,cheese,popcorn,smart choices,salad yum yum. Well I have to go i'm taxi driver today LOL. I will check in in a couple of hours. Keep going gals and we can and will do this we have eachother. :hug:

dmc2009
12-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Today I am going to do a weight class. That is good for my flabby arms and butt! ;)

I won't count steps today, its my day off!:carrot:

I haven't eaten yet becuase I feel bloated from the food yesterday. I think I am gonna cut down to 1400 calories a day. I really want to see results by the end of the month.

Wow, if I was in my 30s now, just from doing what I did this week, I would feel much slimmer!!! What a bummer and an eye opener this week has been. I have been pretty darn good, but the proof will be on the scale in the morning!

I am going to keep it up no matter what!!!! :s: I am determined to get thinner by the end of the month and then my goal is to be 125 at the end of all this! That should be so doable!

Have a great day and keep up keep up keep up. Post post post....

716peb
12-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Hello all. Just starting today and this looks like a happening thread. I am forty something. My weight gain has blossomed over the past year, more notably the past several months. My will power is at an all time low, I am physically uncomfortable with the mid drift bulge and pressure and I stopped exercising.in April. So.... today is my to get it started. I have enjoyed the website recipes and tips this morning. I am getting out of my PJ's, heading to the treadmill with my water.

How can I get one of those linear weight loss trackers I see at the bottom of some of the posts? I am not very computer savy and need directions in laymens terms please.

Onmyway
12-07-2008, 02:07 PM
:welcome: Hi! The more the merrier. This is a great group with lots of support. We are happy to have you join us!

As for the weight tracker, you will need to be a member for at least 30 days before you can access that. Stick here with us and you will be there in no time!

I avoided the scale again today, my weigh day is Wednesday. I think I can wait til then. Think big loss!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

I got a treadmill yesterday. A friend of mine was going to donate it. I agreed to be his charity! I'll be trying it out later tonight after my Hubby and son lug it into our basement!

Keep up the good work friends. We're her for each other!!!!!

littlelindy
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
WOW awsome how everyone is moving and doing so well.
Everyone is welcome we have the best support group of BFF's around. I would love a treadmill I just go out on my five acers and run I have a hill on the side of the house were we had the property drug to get rid of weeds (snakes) so I might start running over it to build more muscle in my legs and it would burn some calories. My neighbors might think I'm crazy? LOL well I have to go run some earns so talk to you later KEEP GOING:hug:

dmc2009
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Congrats on the treadmill, OMW! That is good! I am always willing to be a charity if someone has something ot give away that is great!

Welcome to the thread 716. Just get moving. We are counting steps here so if you get a pedometer, that would be great. I am taking the day off from it though.

Went to the gym and felt really strong today! REALLY! It was great. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Make good choices today and wish me luck too!!!

littlelindy
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
:) it's been a long day, but I think I made good choices. I have to step on the scale tomorrow I hope I see a drop again I'm shooting for two pounds a week. I forget what week they say you don't drop any? I bet it will be this week I always get to 141 and get stuck and stuck and stuck. I have made my mind up I'm not getting stuck this time I will pore on the the excercise and drop anyways. I can't wait till I'm in the 130's it will be awsome. ;) So how did everyone do today? How did your day go do anything fun? I did not I'm trying to get my husband to go outside and play me a game of horse shoes. Well I will check in later tonight. I did do my two mile brisk walk with bands. My muscles don't hurt as bad. Ok see ya after awhile:^:

elfinsnow
12-07-2008, 10:16 PM
It was so cold up here today! Never got above 33. I piled on my sweats and went for a run this afternoon- and my face was so cold it hurt!
Why oh why do they close the gym on Sunday??
:dizzy:
Terry:^:

Onmyway
12-07-2008, 11:32 PM
My steps for today 5150. I also rode my bike for 25 minutes. :ebike:

Looks like we have another new friend.
:welcome: elfinsnow! We are glad to have you join us. This group has some of the best cheerleaders! :carrot:

Lindy and dmc, sending positive thoughts to you for your weigh in tomorrow!

You guys are the best!

C

dmc2009
12-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I am worried that tonight I ate too much salt on my popcorn and I am gonna be bloated!!! Will that show on the scale.

I am also worried it won't be as much as I wish for and I get disappointed and .... well, we all know what can happen!:(:(

I made my lunch and snacks for tomorrow and so I am planning on being Uber Good girl.:):)

I won't give up, but I would love, love to lose what I want by the end of the month.

Good luck on your weigh in lindy!!! :hug:I will post in the morning my results!!

Thanks OMW!!! Welcome newbies, get steppin!!

littlelindy
12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
It was scale day and I lost 2 more pounds. I'm down 10 all together and I told myself two pounds a week so I'm ahead four pounds. I know I'm doing good I wanted sooooooooo bad to be in the 130"s. :p Well this week will be tuff I always get stuck at this wheight so I will stay here for a week or two I bet you anything. I will have to step up my excercise and don't don't don't get on the scale. DMC2009 I can't wait to see what you post. Tomorrow Mytina and Onmyway are suppose to step on the scale so good luck gals.
Tomorrow I go to the grocery store I have been having a really hard time finding things to eat so It will be nice to go buy what I need. Maybe with the food change I will have a good weigh in next monday LOL :?:
I'm glad we are planning our meals out for the day it really helps when you go to eat somthing not healthy then you have a back up that you know you should eat so it makes it harder to make bad choices.
:welcome3: elfinsnow we have a great group and really support eachother we post a lot to to keep eachother going. I try and get on three times a day. I won't be able to when I start the nursing program again I can't believe it's only four weeks away.
Littlelindy 8,163 total 106,360
Onmyway 5,150 total 45,719
If anyone else did the pedometer yesterday let me know so I can get our grand :grouphug: total. Remember one million steps on christmas eve so we need all the help we can get.:running: I'm going to go and change my weight and check in later. I also keep a journal I carry with me and I write down my steps , water, fruit, veggie, all my food for the day and I journal my thoughts. It keep me going so I will do that and check back. :hug::tree:

littlelindy
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
DMC2009 I see your online what is your wheight i"m so excited to find out Your my monday weigh in bff. LOL

littlelindy
12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Ok so week four they say is the hardest week to drop pounds. My goal is to walk 12,000 steps a day and to work out 30minutes one day and 45 the next. I'm eating more fruit and veggies and drinking six glasses of water a day.:flow1: I wonder why that is your body get's stuck at four weeks I learned that from the biggest loser show. And it's true in the past I did not drop on my fourth week or very little. :(
So that is my plan! My girls are up I have a eleven year old and a five year old I also have a 16 year old son he leaves for school at 550am we live out in the country so it's a long drive about 45 minutes to get to school straight freeway 65mph and then 55mph so it scares me he drives with a 17 and 16 year old. Well I'm going to post to see if DMC has posted yet. Talk with you later. It looks like rain tomorrow they say we will be 52 and 27 at night. :rain:

littlelindy
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm worried were are my bff's ?????? DMC r u ok we usually hear from you first thing? I will watch the post to see if you get on?

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 11:33 AM
so now I am posting from work, in a hurry!

My scale said I lost either 2 lbs or 2.5. I am going with 2 lbs! I think that would be safe bet.

I am so excited for you Lindy, I can't wait to be down 10 lbs. That is huge:carrot::carrot:

I have my pedometer on today, I have good snacks and salad for lunch. I will try to get in some steps.

I am sorry my post didn't work earlier!! :(:( I don't know what happened.

Lets do this BFFs, lets get to our goals in the next couple of weeks. I mean the short term goals. !!!! I am back at today! I am not giving up. WE ARE DETERMINED. I know you can break that wall Lindy, I don't think you will have any trouble next week.

Whoops, I better et to work!!!!:hug::hug:

littlelindy
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
DMC that is great :bravo: they say two pounds a week is healthy and you are more likely to keep it off. So we are doing this healthy and just think in three weeks that's six pounds. :flow2:
So we have onmyway (were r u today?) and Mytina for weigh in's tomorrow. I will send good luck to you:woohoo::woohoo:
Well our total steps so far are 222,443 steps .... good job.
Ok I will check in later this afternoon I'm going to move my tree to in front of the window and put lights around the window... (Can you tell I"m bored and trying to kill time LOL) see ya :tree:

mytina
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow! Look at you all doing so well!!! I am so proud, and a bit jealous I have to admit!! ;)
I guess I can be the PRIME example why you should take care of yourself because when you take care of yourself you will have RESULTS... like you all have been having. I have to admit... time is my problem... I am really struggling here to make the time, and with the holiday season on us.. it really takes up more of my precious time. Now, I know we are all faced with these same issue's.. so why is it just me struggling??!! .... I am taking my vitamins, which is something new & I am proud I am doing that... energy will come IF i keep exercising.. which I know, I am no stranger to exercise.. Well, I have my ped on & I just want to let you all know I have not given up.. just bare with me. Keep up the good work all. ... and if anyone else struggles like me... hello?! :)

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey MyTina, Yep, we all have time issues, but make time for yourself. You are worth it. I didn't go to the gym for years after I had my daughter because I felt guilty putting her in their daycare for an hour after she was in daycare all day. Well forget that!!! It only got me fat and resentful. And now come to find out, she likes their daycare cause its all teen girls and she really has fun with them. I should have done it a long time ago.

2 lbs is pretty good when you look at the whole picture, it will add up. I am being very good, Got my ped on and eating my salad for lunch right now. I write down EVERYTHING.

Lets go girls, lets start the new year off with a renewed sense of accomplishment. Lets get a head start on our weight loss while all the other 40 somethings pack on the pounds!:devil::devil::devil:

Okay, back to work, will post more later!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Onmyway
12-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Looks like you girls have had a busy day. Way to go Lindy and Dmc. :carrot::carrot: 2 pounds is a great loss for the week. I will finally get on the scale tomorrow. I have exercised more this past week than before so I am hoping to see a loss. Please send the weight loss vibes my way.

Lindy, That's quite a commute for your teenage son, I'd be worried too. I have a 19 year old son and a 10 year old daughter.

Tina, hang in there. Small steps add up to big accomplishments. You can do it too. We are here for you!:hug::hug::hug:

I'll check in later with my step count!

C

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi OMW....

I hope you get two pounds loss tomorrow, at least. But if you think about it, even .5 is good. I picture a half pound of hamburger. I picture 2 lbs of hamburger and I am even more pleased

okay... lets start adding up the pounds too!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

See you all later with Ped count.

elfinsnow
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Hmm- I don`t have a pedometer. I do use a heart monitor that keeps track of my calories burned though. Right now I`m at 2605 calories burned since 4:45 am. (I put it on before I hit the gym at 5:00 am.)
Today`s exercise was a 20 min fitness test on the treadmill, 25 min on the eliptical, then 15 min upper strength weight training.
Congrats on the good weigh ins!!!
I weigh in every other Saturday at the gym, but my WII weighs me in every morning. :)
And I am off to my little guys school concert- so I`ll bbl!
PS- Thanks for the welcomes!!
Terry

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Wow, is that a typo???? That is almost 3000 calories. That's great!:carrot:

elfinsnow
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Lol- nope- not a typo. I don`t get days this high very often. Only when I really work out hard in the morning and keep moving. I normally average about 2000 cals a day.
If I don`t hit the gym in the morning I am lucky if i break 1200-1500 cals in a day. It gives my metabolism that boost that keeps going.

That`s quite a picture- losing burgers. Thats a whole bunch of quarter pounders-lol.
We always think of it in sticks of butter. They sure add up fast-lol.

You all seem like such a fun bunch! I am so glad I wandered in here!
Terry:dizzy:

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Okay, my ped for the day is 10099, not too shabby!

A little about me... I am single mom with 9 yr. old daughter. Lite of my life. I am 48 and need to lose weight to finally get back in the dating scene, and firstly to feel good about me!

I don't want to be fat the second half of my life, I want my daughter to be proud of her mommy! I want to be proud of me.

Good luck tomorrow you two!

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Elfinsnow, I am glad you are here too!

This is a great group of gals, and it sounds like you fit right in. Butter! LOL Butter, burger, its all fat right? A whole lotta somethin!

Onmyway
12-08-2008, 10:40 PM
My steps for today - 11475. Tried out the treadmill and also rode the bike. I am very nervous about weighing in tomorrow. I did not lose last week and do not want to be disappointed. I am working hard and really feel that I am making good choices, but the scale is not always my friend.

DMC, my daughter is 10. I feel like you, I want her to be proud of me and also felt I needed to take better care of myself so that I'm able to better enjoy my time with her. I will be 48 in Jan. We are not getting younger but with diet and exercise it will feel that way!

Elf, your workout is awesome, and look at your stats, you've already lost over 40 pounds. Way to go!

I'll post my weight in the am before I go to work. I'll be weighing in totally naked after going to the bathroom for optimum results!!!!

C

dmc2009
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I stood on the scale totally naked too to get optimum results... LOL!!!! Thanks for that laugh. I needed that. My daughter came in this morning and kind of gave me a side ways glance, shook her head and left the bathroom. I just stood there counting the little marks. I really need a digital. LOL

Good luck tomorrow, don't be disappointed cause even if the results aren't there (and the will be btw), we are now here in this forum getting much needed support.

Wow, 40 lbs!!! YOu have to share some tips for us Elf!!!

;-) big hugs and best, positive thoughts!

littlelindy
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Ok wow everyone how great.
OMW you are going to drop we are on a roll. I was talking to mytina on the phone today and I told her I really thought you are doing great and how DMC lost two pounds also. Let me know I"m getting online early and my mom and I are going to the grocery store I will be back around noon. I found a wheight watchers scale at the grocery store for 24.00 I was surprised I did not buy it i'm scared it will say I weigh more. I have a cheep nine dollar scale and before I step on it I put my six pound weights on it to make sure. WOW I almost sound like a redneck joke.LOL I have a lot of healthy shopping to do tomorrow. I did not work out today , but I was very busy I have over 10,000 steps so far and I was very busy running around and cleaning the house and moving furniture to decorate for christmas. Well gotta go I will check in tomorrow with everyone. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Good night I will do our steps tomorrow afternoon after the store. See ya

Onmyway
12-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I lost 1 pound. :?: I had really hoped it would have been more but at least I did not gain. I am also about to start my period so that could have an impact too. I'll still keep plugging away. When I look at how far I have come thats 26 pounds since September and at my highest weight ever I was 257. That's something to celebrate, right!:cb:

After work I'll be back on the treadmill :woops:and the bike :ebike:.

Hope all my BFF's have a great day!

C

Onmyway
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
After I posted this am, I showered and got ready for work. I put on some panys that have been fitting really well the last few weeks and they are very baggy in my butt!!!! :dance: Maybe the scale has not been the kindest to me, but I can feel a huge difference in my clothes. I'll take that as a good sign! Have a great day friends! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

C

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
ONMYWAY you lost that is great :carrot: and you had over 10,000 steps yesterday , you have a treadmill, and you are eating healthy. Also you are out of the double numbers you are at 209 not double anymore you did it. Also pick up a one pound package and hold it to your butt (wow) that is not there anymore. :dance: Mytina told me that you can gain up to five pounds before and during your period so be ready for the big drop next tuesday. Work hard get on the treadmill, plan your meals, smile and hold your head high. :goodvibes Next week you will drop again I'm so proud of you. (darn period):devil::censored:
DMC you sound like me I want my kids to be proud of me and I want to live to be 100 soooooooooo bad silly goal in life. :p also when I'm a nurse in may I want to be skinny and healthy so I can give good care and be positive about myself so I can be positive about who and what I am. Oh you need to change your weight you still have yourself as 148 and your not your 146:carrot:
Elfinsnow how are you this morning. When do you weigh in again? we have two of us on Monday and two on Tuesday so far.
Well big day to go to the grocery store it's sooooo cold out trying to snow. We don't get snow till January or Feb. And it's melted by nine or ten. It's going to be 52 today and tonight 27 :snowglo:
I found a good recipe for turkey chilli on ww i'm going to make it tonight only 4points for one cup with a 0 point salad sounds good:drool:
ok I will check in later I have to get the girls up at seven and I need to get in the shower and when they leave go get my mom (she's legally blind) I will take her with me to get her out of the house and we will go shopping. If you want the recipe for the chili I will post it and I will find out the calories for our calorie counters. See ya......

dmc2009
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
OMW... its great!!! Its a real POUND and its GONE!

Yes, your period will have lots to do with it!:devil:

Lindy, you don't sound like a redneck:D I think the weight idea to see if scale is correct is perfect. I am gonna do it.:D:D

Okay, today for some reason I woke up early so I know I am gonna be hungry early!

Can you guys believe how much either the SF or FF coffee creamer has in calories? YIKES. Just my coffee alone for 2 cups costs me 120 calories. 1 tb. is 30 calories and I like two in each coffee mug. :(:( Wish I didn't like my french vanilla so much but I do.:dizzy:

Okay, into the day... I think you will lose lots next week OMW and you will be happy!!! YOu have lost so much already. :goodscale WOW:cheer2::cheer2:

Have a great day BFFs and I will be on later. I work on the computers so now you know why I am always here! :comp:

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I forgot some stuff. (silly me) steps
Littlelindy 10,576 total 116,936
DMC 10,099 total 65,042
Onmyway 11,475 total 57,194 group so far is 254,593 we are getting there I think mytina put it on yesterday we will see if she did? We are all walking over the 10,000 steps good job everyone keep going.
DMC said we should keep track of I think water? What was it? See ya good day to all.

dmc2009
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Lindy,
changed my poundage... I am 146 soon to be 144 :crossed: Next monday huh?

Keeping track of water might be tuff for us, but I think we should keep track of what we lose Monthly as a group collectively. I can help with that after the first.

Oh btw, I might not be on for a whole week at the end of the month, going up to the mountain and probably no internet. I will have withdrawels!:?::?::yikes:

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Turkey chili
1/4 cup scallions
green bellpepper 1 med
kidney beans 1 1/2 cups
apple cider viniger 1 1/2 tsp
tomato sauce 1 cup
2 med tomoteos
1 pound of turkey ground
2 med carrots
2 med garlic cloves
1 large onion
1/8 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tsp of cumin ground
1 tsp of conola oil
1 1/2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
1 tsp of paprika
cook the meat in conola oil with onion and garlic and bell pepper and add it all together till tender and eat yum. It did not give calories i'm thinking around 300 per cup? Not sure I know turkey is 4 and all the other stuff I think is zero points on ww maybe the beans? kk see ya

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Ok I can keep track of pounds lost. We will put a start date of 12/8 and
OMW -1 :carrot: :carrot:
DMC -2
Littlelindy -2 :carrot:
Mytina? :hug:
Elfinsnow? :hug:
Total is -5 lbs
When do we want to do this till?
The girls are watching Elf I love that movie I still laugh at it. Ok see ya later do we want to set a goal? Or just see what our group total is? mmmm:grouphug::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
oops DMC your carrot guy is at the top dancing with onmyway LOL

mytina
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Okay... drum roll pleeeezzzz!!! I didn't think I could get on the scale today because the last TWO times I got on I had gained weight... I mustered up the strength, took a deep breath... fully clothed mind you... I stepped on the scale and I weigh 140!! oh, and I am on my period... so, I feel happy.. and in a bit of disbelief. ...see last Tuesday I was at 148 :o yesterday I bought all the NEW WW books, so I am still learning all that... and I bought the WW walking kit dvd's.. I did the 20 min walk this morning.. and it was a good workout.. I will do the longer one later today.

Thanks for the motivation to keep going all BFF's .. we will achieve our goals together! one day at a time.

Have a great day everyone... oh, my steps yesterday... 9,600

dmc2009
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

Awsome!! You go girl! You are where I want to be. Good job Mytina!!!

Lindy, lets count lbs on a monthly basis???

Gotta run

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Mytina you did it and just think you will get thinner each week now that you are getting the hang of ww and you have changed your excercise program. :congrat: Also you have us.:hug:
Ok so with mytina's 8 pound that gives us 13 pounds so far for the month. Good job everyone :grouphug:. Our christmas eve goals are in site. I went to the grocery store and got a lot of good stuff I think I'm set for two or three weeks. I got fruit and veggies, yogurt and cheese, egg beaters, turkey bacon, pita bread and lots of lunch meat. WW ice cream bars only one point each and I hid from my kids three boxes of 100 calorie packs. Those are good when I have to run some were and I have no time to stop and it's time for my snack so I don't stuff my face at lunch or dinner. LOL Well we are off and running I'm excited about next week to see if we can keep it up. Mytina I will put down your steps for yesterday good job. :running: Ok I have to load the dishwasher and throw some clothes in the washer and do my 30minute work out. Don't forget water water water..... It makes a difference and makes your skin look nice. See ya:yay:

elfinsnow
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Yayyy Mytina!! WTG!!

Lindy- yummy- come shop for me. lol

My official weigh ins are Saturdays. This Saturday is my "Biggest Loser" weigh in. (Bi-weekly) The prize this week is an ipod shuffle- that would be so cool!
The WII tells me I am 201.7 this am, so I`ve got a good start to my week. :O
My Christmas goal is under 200.

Today`s exercise- umm- none yet. We woke up for the gym and snuggled up and stayed right in bed. lol. So I`ll get something in yet tonight. Either a run or Ill go to the gym, or WII fit for an hour. I`ll let ya know.

bbl!
Terry

Onmyway
12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Today was a busy day around here! I had a lot of posts to catch up with everyone. Thanks for all the positive comments. You guys are the best!

My Tina way to go. :carrot: Keep up the good work.

Elf, Tell me about the Wii Fit. We have a Wii and I can't find Fit anywhere. I'm thinking after the holidays it will be easier to find. I don;t know anyone who has it and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Lindy, thanks for the recipe. My family loves chili and now that it is cold, we have it more frequently. I'll have to try the recipe.

I'll post my final steps later. Tonight is Biggest Loser, anyone else watching?

C

dmc2009
12-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I ordered a Wii and I think the console has been shipped but they haven't shipped the FIT yet!:(:(

Yes, tell us all about it!!!! I can't wait.

If you look up wii fit and look at You tube, there is a pretty cool video you can watch about the Wii Fit! google wii fit!

I will post my steps tonight, gonna have bunches.
;)

elfinsnow
12-09-2008, 09:13 PM
We love our WII fit. The whole family plays it, and we have a great time. We use it every day, and we`ve had it a month and 1/2 now. The exercises center on the core, so basically you get the same results as doing pilates. (Inches, waist, abs, etc.) I love the yoga and the balance games. I also love the free step. You turn it on, pick how long, and turn the tv on. It keeps the tempo in the wiimote, and you do step aerobics while you watch tv. It counts the steps for you and tells you every 100 steps. 2000 steps is 30 mins. The scale is VERY accurate too- as is the BMI indicator.
We also got Jillians work out. Its good- but I wouldnt pay the full price again. I like the head to head competition. I`d wait for it to go down in price personally.
HTH!!
Terry

littlelindy
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
;) Hello Bff's ..:hug: Well I did good today I think my best day yet. I'm trying to step it up so I have a good weigh in day Monday. I did two mile brisk walk with the belt this morning and tonight I did two mile express walk with the bands. My steps for today are 20,220. I made that chili and wow was it good both the girls had a bowl and my husband had two. I had one and a half cups six points and a ww fudge bar one point. I had cheese today and an orange granola bar, and yogurt and a lean cuisien pizza . I'm trying to plan my day for tomorrow I bought so much good stuff. mmmmm I try to plan one day ahead so I stay on track. Really try the chili I added half of a fresh jalapeno and two more tsp of chili powder. I drank eight glasses of water and I feel good.... Everyone is doing so well I think we are going to do this. I will be on early I have to take my son to the ortho tomorrow and go to the school to register and then back to the grocery store I forgot some things. See ya in the morning. :hug:

Onmyway
12-09-2008, 11:47 PM
I did 9155 steps today. Also did 40 minutes on my bike.
Lindy, Thanks for being so upbeat and positive, you're like our team captain!
Have I told you guys how grateful I am to be part of this group?

C

dmc2009
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
:) Hi all,

I had a rockin day too. Tuesday is my low impact and that adds to the steps. My total today is 15, 683. Not bad. I only got in about 5K in low impact class!

Did really well today - there was a lot of junk at work, and I didn't eat one nibble. I do the same thing Lindy, I pack my lunch and figure out my day the night before and I stick to it.

Tomorrow is Egg whites for Bfst. Chili (canned) over a small bake potato for lunch and I am not sure about dinner, most likely salmon, but I keep changing my mind about that! ;-)

I hope I have a good monday too! I think we are all gonna do great this week. No slipping, quitting!

Oh.. my Wii isn't probably going to get here until Feb!!!! I am so bummed! :mad::mad::mad: Backordered, unless I find one local and then cancel the one online! :mad::mad:

Talk soon, Great job with the steps today Lindy!!!:carrot::carrot:

dmc2009
12-09-2008, 11:50 PM
I nominate Lindy for Team Captain!!! :jig::cp::cb::idea::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

elfinsnow
12-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Good morning! How is everybody today??
I just got back from the gym. I did 45 min cardio, 30 min strength.
Coffee time!!
Having a slim fast for breakfast, an apple for snack, meatloaf sandwich for lunch (Its light-lol) and a coconut snack bar for afternoon snack.
Dinner is barbeque pork loin, applesauce, sweet tater baked, and peas.
And I`ll WII tonight!

See ya`ll later!
Have a great day!
Terry

elfinsnow
12-10-2008, 07:20 AM
I nominate Lindy for Team Captain!!! :jig::cp::cb::idea::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I second the nomination!

Onmyway
12-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Hope everyone has a great day today. It's cold here, lite snow and ice last night. Would have loved a snow day but that rarely happens! I'll have my usual breakfast, fiber 1 bar and a piece of fruit. I'll have a lean cuisine and carrots for lunch, haven't planned my dinner yet. Lots of times my husband will grill something and I make an omelet with mushrooms, broccoli and eat a salad. Snacks are fruit or a WW yogurt.

Elf, I admire your dedication. Already back from the gym and it is only 6:30 here! I am not a morning person. :dizzy:

Sending good vibes to each of you.
:goodvibes:goodvibes

C

littlelindy
12-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow everyone you are doing so good. If we were on biggest loser we would be the team to beat..:devil: I'm glad to see everyone is planning their lunches and even day's that's the best way to stay on track. We are all going to have a good drop in those pounds next week.:cp:
Team Captian wow thanks who would not be proud to have such good weight lose friends :hug: Well I'm going to get my weight watchers scale today I should not do it , but I think about it all the time I hope it's still there it's on sale for 22.99 I think is a good deal and it's a one person scale. I will have to hide it from eveyone. :no: what if I get on it and it says I weigh more than my old scale , but then again what if it says I weigh less :p I don't know my scale is old and only nine dollars and the face to it is cracked it is horrible kinda feel sorry for the thing. I had a nice digital one and the kids got out of the shower and stood over it and got it wet so it died. I will put this one under the sink. Well for breakfast yogurt, snack grapes, lunch chili, snack cheese and a v 8 juice dinner hamburgers on whole wheat bread and veggies or a salad I found ground beef with only 4% fat. I try and trick my family in to thinking we are not eating healthy like with the chili they loved it and it ws soooooooooooooo healthy for them. Ok I have to go I'm a chatter box oh steps duh. I have to get mytina's
DMC 15,683 total 80,725
OMW 9,155 total 66,349
Lindy 20,220 total 137,156
Mytina I will call her this morning.
Team total so far is 309,251 Ok we are not half way there and we have 15 days left to get to one million so step it up ladies (you are doing great already look back at the past posts and see how well we are doing) We can get there together If we each walk 12,000 steps a day for the next 15 days we will make it over the one million mark. Let see super women what we can do. WATER today and don't forget your vitamen (very important) Oh and have a wonderful day... I will check in later... :hug::blah::dust:

dmc2009
12-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Here we are another day. Elf, how many calories does a Wii burn and what do you do on it? It looks like so much fun!!:bravo: I can't wait to get mine!

Breakfast is Egg whites, chili for lunch and I eat three pieces of fruit during the day for a snack. Orange, Apple and Banana. The banana packs about 110 calories.

It just seems like everything is so high in calories! :bb:

Feeling lighter on the feet, hoping this is a good week and "energizes MY base". :smoking:

Just wanted to touch base this morning and cheer the team!!

Have a great day, post tonight!

littlelindy
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
some of what I wrought sounds crazy it seems I left letters and even words out LOL

littlelindy
12-10-2008, 10:09 AM
and look wrought what is that. LOL

mytina
12-10-2008, 02:57 PM
You all are cooking & eating some yummy food. Thanks for the idea's.

oh, and I think LittleLindy should be team leader too... she rocks:carrot:
and she keeps me on my feet!

Thanks BFF's for all the support, and hooray's for the 8 lbs lost... I am a little skeptical because my body does weird stuff.... see the first week I started this I gained those 8 lbs... so now, I am back to where I started..I will be happy happy when I get back to 135, and know for sure I am doing something right!

I am amazed at the steps you all walk!!! Way to go!:cp:

I cooked up some stew for tonights dinner... It will slow cook in the crockpot all day. That Chili sounds delicious LittleLindy!!! drool....

well, better run...have a wonderful day BFF'S:hug::flow1:

littlelindy
12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
:devil: Ok bought a wheight watchers scale. So stupid me steps on it after eating breakfast and two snacks and a cup of chili. duh and it's digital it also had a five wheight memory. Anyways it weighed me three pounds heavier so it said 143 ok not to bad after all the food so I will check in the morning like I always do and see what it says I'm thinking it will say 141 that's ok ...:dizzy:Im kinda sad... I work so hard and it stuck three more pounds on me that stupid wrong wrong wrong old scale. Well we will see in the morning if I have to go back one pound or two I will have to kick butt to get it back down again. So how are you guys doing today? Hello Mytina.. I have to let the scale thing go!! Let it go!!! ok I"m ok (KINDA) I will work out becuase guess what I wanted to do EAT. I stopped myself and sat down and started to write you guys to stop myself. I will think positive and it's not a lot I new it would give me a couple of pounds and I need to wait till in the morning and go from there. OK I am better now. So for dinner I think I will have salad and mmm Not sure veggies, and somthing low carb and low salt for the scale in the morning. ( I said scale again. LOL) Ok Have to go and get my work out in before my son get's home at three it's one thirty here now so I will talk to you later. I will not stress eat I will not stress eat. KK :dizzy::jig:

dmc2009
12-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Okay, so I had my chile and potato and it felt like a carb fest:jeno:

I was still hungry because of stress so I had a cup of French Vanilla and it has taken off the edge.

My pants feel tighter today! Why!!! Oh well, no stressing, no over eating.

Lindy, stay the course!!! I am not gonna buy a new scale until I am way down. I don't want to be distracted. I was gonna but na huh, no way!:stress:

Back on later today with my ped post! We are doing great, not back tracking, c'mon ALL, we have a great head start on all the holiday eating, come january, we will be ahead of the game!!

:grouphug::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Onmyway
12-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Lindy,
Here's my 2 cents on the scale thing. You think you started at 150 and now weigh 140. If your scale was incorrect, that means you started at 153 and now weigh 143. You still lost 10 pounds no matter what. That is a great accomplishment and something you should be extremely proud of. We can't get too caught up in the scale, it's more about changing unhealthy habits and getting plenty of exercise.

Hi to everyone else. I'll post steps later. I'm heading to the treadmill!

C

littlelindy
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Omw you are right and just made me feel so much better:hug: I just work so hard and having a husband who is skinny not skinny he's five seven and is 167 and three kids that can eat till they are blue and stay thin it's hard to stay with the program. So when the scale goes up I get sad. I will keep on track and like DMC says in Jan. when eveyone is starting we will be almost half way done. :high:
Well I did work out today did the two mile brisk walk with bands and pumped it up made me really work. :carrot:
So I did ok I had a yogurt, fat free chips, salsa, chili,lean cuisen pizza for dinner I will have a ww bar and will still have only 20 points I need to eat 23 a day. So how did everyone do today what did you have and I need new dinner Ideas. I think tomorrow I will make the juicy hamburgers 4% fat with wheat bread and a salad. I got my schedule for the first three days of school I will be going from nine in the morning till four. the 7,8, and ninth and I have a paper due on the 12th (its a LPN refresher course) then the program for 16 weeks and graduation in May:book2:. Ok I will check in later I'm going to try and work out again tonight. I already have 13,000 steps so if I do a work out I should go over 16,000. Hugs to everyone and keep going we are are are doing it...:thanks:

mytina
12-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh LittleLindy listen to onmyway... she is right... no matter what you lost the 10 lb & that is huge!! .... DMC~ maybe that time of the month is coming? Idk but don't stress about the 'pants feeling tighter'... I think us women tend to get 'bloated' or retain water easy... if you are drinking more water than usual that just may be the case. so many things to consider....
Lindy~ you are kicking butt on that Ped. .. geesh, sorry everyone I didn't even hook it on today... the day was hopping, forgot to put it on this morning... still learning that thing anyway... and I know it isn't counting steps for me correctly. I will not stress on that, or let it distract me either... stay focused.. Lindy~ I am so jealous you got that cool WW scale... Luckeeeeeee!! if you don't know about this scale Lindy got ask her about it... it is way cool!
K.. well, I am having a small portion of beef stew tonight. It is COLD here in Northern Cali... and I don't think it's much warmer anywhere else... goodnight BFF's! :)

Onmyway
12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
My steps for today 12739. I'm heading to bed early tonight. Keep up the good work girls!!!
:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

C

littlelindy
12-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I pulled a muscle in my butt and in my shoulder so i'm not working out tonight. I did today around two thirty so that is good . Ok tomorrow is another day and I'm kicking butt I'm going to do my three mile walk tape with the belt. Thx mytina for your support and everyone I'm tired to and going to bed early. My dog keeps waking me up every two hours the last two nights I don't know whats wrong with him ...:devil: I'm hoping he sleeps tonight so I can. Good night all my weigh in BFF's .. Have a good rested night and I will do the steps in the morning. Oh I have 13,443 steps for the day I also played horse shoes with my son we play one game every night so I walk back and forth getting the shoes we are tied two and two LOL. Good night.:stars:
Talk to you in the morning:comp:

dmc2009
12-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I didn't do so great on Steps today and tomorrow might be the same. BUT, I might pull out one of my Walk Away the Lbs tomorrow night :carrot: I don't want to go to the gym, there isn't a class I like on Weds. or Thursday and the one I like on friday I can only go to every other. Whew!

Okay, my steps for today is 6000. See, not so good. But I had a meeting and will have same tomorrow making it impossible to walk on my break! :(

I ate my Egg whites in the morning and chili on small baked potato for lunch. Dinner was just a half cup pasta with small dab Smart Balance and pinch of parmasian, chicken with BBQ and that was it. Oh.. I had an apple.

I just got back from taking DD to store for "skinny jeans"... OMG they start early!~:yikes: She is getting so big!!! She is only 9 and her feet are bigger than mine. She is gonna be tall!

Everyone is doing so great. Back on tomorow and probably more of the same until the weekend when I can get my bootie to the gym!

Tomorrow, chicken salad, maybe some cereal for Breakfast,. I need to go to the store, I need more calcium!!

G'night BFFS

Onmyway
12-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Lindy, how's your butt? Hope you're feeling OK. Be careful not to push yourself too hard, give yourself time to heal.

Yesterday I tried some cappucino flavored soy milk. I have to admit, it was pretty good. I'm not a big milk drinker and I also need more calcium. I also know that tere are many benefits to soy at my age. Think I'll have to keep drinking this and only 70 calories in a cup.

I did the treadmill and the bike again yesterday. I even alternated walking with a little jogging. Of course this can only be done in the privacy of my own home with no one watching! I can't imagine what I look like running!!!!! But I plan to increase my time each day.

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. How about you girls?

Have a great day BFF's!

C

littlelindy
12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Ok I reset everything and I started at 152 and I'm at 142 so I have to work my butt off to get to the 139. It's ok I still lost it just bigger that what I thought. I have steps for everyone.
OMW 12,739 total 79,088
DMC 6,000 total 86,725
Mytina 0 total 34,821
Lindy 13,443 total 150,599
Team total is 351,233 we have 648,767 steps to go in two weeks. :grouphug::drill: we need everyone to walk 12,000 steps a day and we can still make it in the next two weeks. Come on girls I will text mytina and remimd her she is active during the day and can give us some good step counts.
So for my meals today :stir: Breakfast cereal, snack an orange, lunch salad with tuna on it and tomatoe , and onion and I use the spray bottles of dressing one calorie per spray. snack cheese and dinner a turkey burger on wheat with veggies. Ok that's it. I need to stay away from gassy foods I feel like i'm going to explode. I have been having apricots and cheese and that chili with the kidney beans I probably have two pounds of gas in me LOL:o Well I have to log on to ww and change my wheight around so I will check in later with everyone.

littlelindy
12-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Hello how are you ladies doing. I wanted to see if my weight tracker works .. Let's see if I can figure it out.

littlelindy
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
It works How fun I thought I had another five days. WOW Ok ladies have fun day.. I will check in later.

mytina
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
where is my weight tracker....?

mytina
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
okay, well.. no biggie ..maybe not enough posts...Lindy, you didn't mention your pulled muscle to me when we spoke this morning!! be careful ( like Onmyway) mentioned... you don't need to over do it GF!!! Let it heal!!

Okay, I had TWO phone calls (one from work, and another Mom in law) while I was doing my workout tape at home this morning... totally interrupted my heart rate & everything!! grrr... lol... but, I HAD to answer.. so now I will have to slip in my workout later on today when I get home. I have been eating well. Bran Muffin this morning with my Coffee... and Yes I too am a sucker for Vanilla creamer! and the fat free just isn't creamy! I have been slowly weaning myself on how much I put in... anyway, I had my yogurt... and I soon will have lunch... a cup of V8 with Fiber later this afternoon.. then what for dinner???

well, better run... take care all BFF's ;)

littlelindy
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone I had a good day I hope all of you did to.:cool: I stayed on the plan and after lunch I was starving three hours after I had a 100 calorie popcorn bag and a diet coke held me out to dinner. Oh the best snack ever is ruffles (chips) light fat free with salsa 17 chips are only 70calories and 1 point on ww with salsa I'm sure it's still one point. So did everyone have a good day? I have not heard from anyone this evening. Ok gotta go I will check in later.

Onmyway
12-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Had a good day! Fiber one bar and banana for breakfast. Baked blue tortillas, pineapple salsa, orange, WW yogurt, carrots for lunch. biscotti for snack, lean cuisine, carrots and clementine for dinner. 22 points total, 4 under for the day. My school had December birthday celebration in the staff lounge today. Lots of desserts. I didn't go. I find it's easier to say no if you don't actually see the dessert. If I had gone to the lounge I'm sure I would have tried something. It just wasn't worth it to me!

:woops::bike2:Walked/jogged on the treadmill after school. Also rode the bike. I have found that it's easier if I do that right when I get home rather than waiting til after dinner.

Steps for the day, 11455:running::running::running::running::running: :running::running::running::running:

Hugs friends! :hug:

C

littlelindy
12-11-2008, 11:13 PM
OMW your doing so good I can't believe the power behind you. Keep it up and it will show on the scale and in your health. Your steps are awsome for the day also. Good job! We all seem to be having awsome days with all the will power dust we send eachother. Have a good night and I will talk to you in the morning.

Onmyway
12-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks Lindy! I really appreciate all of your support! My family has been so good too. It's hard to diet when the rest of your family can eat whatever they want. My daughter wanted to do my exercise tape with me the other day, she said she would be my trainer! LOL I'll check in tomorrow!

Your ticker looks great!

C

dmc2009
12-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Lindy, your ticker is cute!!! You are almost half way to your goal.
OMW, YOu have lots of energy.

I found another place to get a Wii fit and I am hoping to get it this sunday! It will help during these days I don't do much during the day.

My steps 5020 for the day. Sorry, but I knew it was gonna be bad, but tomorrow, should be 10K or close! I get to use my break as time to exercise, and I have been in meetings.

I stuck to plan today too, it was so boring though. Someone came in my office and offered me a Sees candy, I took one and said thanks and then when they left, I just tossed it. I don't want to have to go thru all the explanation... I was proud of myself!

Tonight went to the grocery store and I bought some ground turkey and sectioned it into 6 patties. :carrot: I put one (150 cal) on a fiber english muffin (110) with FF mayo and mustard and it was awesome. I must have been starved. My daughter is like.. is that all?

So afterward I treated myself to my most FAV... Graham cracker with cool whip!!
:o:o
I think i might be down two more this week!!! YOu guys are so helpful, I love this group!!!

Okay, back to my grueling during the week drama!! :p

Hugs to all, more tomorrow... go team!:carrot::carrot:

Onmyway
12-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Just checking in ths AM. Hope everyone has a great day! I'm off today so I can go on a fieldtrip with my daughter. Keep moving BFF's!

C

littlelindy
12-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Ok got up this am and got on the new scale to see (it gave me another pound) I took it in the bathroom were my old scale is and it gave me another pound. I hate it I stepped on my old scale and I lost a 1/2 pound from wi on monday. I don't know I think I'm going back to my old scale becuase eveyone can see I'm dropping and I can see I lost a roll really I did and my sweat pants don't stay on. I'm going to go put my six pound weights on it and see what it says hold on:?: it won't weigh them? It just sitts at 0.00 I moved them all over the scale and it won't say a thin I even put pressure on them and it won't weigh them. I think I'm giving it to my mom. She will be able to see it also I stepped on my mom's scale and it says the same as mine. Ok back to the old.
WOW threw see's candy in the trash that's awsome I'm so proud of you.:carrot::bravo:
I went to my mother - in - laws and they were having pizza and bread sticks and I did not have one. I worked out yesterday and my steps for the day was 16,301 I also played three games of horse shoes that's why my butt hurts from throwing them I guess the way I stand :wl:
ok so I'm going back to my old scale and weight staying on track and eating really good again today. I'm going to start running three days a week I think that will help me. Are you guys ok with the scale thing? what do you think? there is no way I have gained 2.5 pounds in two day's and my other scale is right on track and I lost another 1/2 not with all the good eating and excercise I have been getting and it matches my mom's ok :blah::blah::blah: no more on that see everyone later .....:hug:

dmc2009
12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow, LIndy, you don't need that, it is obviously not working. Scales have been known to be wrong. Why won't it wiegh wieghts?? See? Its broken.

Go back to your old scale. Then next time in the store, try one before you bring it home if you can, oh.... and bring your weights to the store. I think the one you have is accurate. You don't need that new one. You are working hard and I know the wieght is coming off, not coming on!!!! UGH... get rid of it! :mad::mad: :hug:

Today, I plan on going for my walk at break and then I have lots to do. Tomorrow is Sat and I go to a step class, and sunday a weight class. I might combine two classes if I can this weekend. I wish I could go to the gym everyday!:strong:

Got great food and snacks planned for the day! Hope you are all ready, monday is right around the corner.

:goodluck:
Have a great day all!:hug:

littlelindy
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
So I treated myself to a nice breakfast 3slices of Turkey bacon 2pts and 1/4 cup of egg beaters with 2 tsp of salsa on it 1pt. 3pts wow oatmeal is 3pts and this was much better. So snack orange and a bannana lunch salad and pita with 98% fat free turkey tomato and onion. Snack after popcorn and diet coke. Dinner not sure yet? Any ideas.? So does anyone have any big plans for this weekend? My kids are going to be gone Son at a friends and my daughter in Phx for a cheer compititon and me and my five year old will rent movies or go on a short hike we might put up christmas lights on the house:D
Oh I put my daughter on my old scale and then on the new and it said she was four pounds heavier and there is no way she is what it said the school weighed her and said one pound more than my old. Ok new scale back to the store. Hello old scale I love ya..... LOL :dizzy:
Talk to eveyone later....:hug:

Onmyway
12-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I think you are fine with the old scale. If the new one won't weigh your weights there is a problem with it. You have still lost 10 pounds no matter how you look at it.

I cheated and got on the scale today and I lost 1.5 pounds. I was so pumped! I'm not supposed to weigh in til Tuesday but I have no willpower for some things! My goal was to be in the 190's by New Years. I may not make it but I will be close.

Took my son to lunch today at California Pizza Kitchen. Had 2 pieces of a small pizza and a salad. I'm counting the pizza at 7 points based on a website I use with points values for restaurants. I didn't bring home the leftovers. In the past there would not have been leftovers so I am pretty proud of that. I had enough to be satisfied and stopped there.

Will post steps later. I am so gald it is Friday!

C

littlelindy
12-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Wow that is great 1.5 pounds and you still have three day's to go You just might drop another half or more. I new you would with all the strong will power you have. NO pizza for leftovers Ahh who needs it..LOL You should be so proud of yourself you are doing it and that is wonderful. I don't know if I would keep going if I did not have you gals. Today I wanted to stress eat so bad and I thought of how hard you and everyone are doing and I stopped myself and did a 3mile work out 45minutes and it felt wonderful. I will see what my lovely old scale says on Monday. I'm staying with it I have had that scale for years and it's been good and bad to me. Ok the weekend is here and it's a time when it's easy to forget our goals and go off the deep end into a bag of chips or a pizza. :devil: So remember we have worked hard and we are looking good:nono: don't do it stay on track plan the meals and think of eachother and our weigh in day :crazy: I will check back in later. I'm waiting for mytina to give me her steps for yesterday so I can get them posted. :hug: I will check in later.

elfinsnow
12-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi girls!!
Lindy- Stick with ole reliable (scale)- who needs the stress- ya know?
Congrats on the loss btw!!

OMW- woohoo @ 1.5!! WTG girl!!

Well- no gym today. We had to go to work early- snowstorm here and hubby had to plow. (We ride to work together)
I had the worst experiance this morning. I think maybe it was an anxiety attack? I got up feeling shaky and my heart was beating hard. I got ready for work, and finally told hubby I didnt feel right- that my heart was racing and it was hard to breath. He had me put on my heart monitor- and it was 185!! Thats like above what is even safe for me.
So I told hubby the monitor wasnt working, and tried to just breath slow and ignore it. Well- it wasnt wrong. I checked it at work on the treadmill- and it was still rediculous. I was close to going to to the er.
Then it started slowing down. It bounced all day, but never as high.
I didnt have chest pains or back pains, just my heart raced and I was dizzy.
I`m ok now- just shaky and really tired.
I dont know- anyone have anxiety attacks? Does that sound like one to you?

So- not the best day here. :( Had a christmas party at the bosses house- and I ate a piece of pie. Had salad for dinner though to compensate. I did play on the bosses WII awhile- I got him the Outdoor Adventure for it for Christmas. Good game btw!!
Thanks to my heart acting up I did manage to burn over 2600 calories today though.
Terry

Onmyway
12-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Elf,
That sounds so scary. I'm glad you are OK. Don't fret one piece of pie. I think you need to follow your plan but still enjoy a treat now and then. You made up for it by eating a salad, that's what counts.

Lindy, I totally agree with you. This group has helped me so much to stay focused on my goal. It's great to have friends to check in with daily and root each other on.

My steps for today 10325.

Have a good night!
C

dmc2009
12-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Elf in Snow, I would be really careful if I were you and don't overexert, how scary! Did you drink Caffiene? Sounds like you shouldn't huh?

My total for today's steps is 10002. Not a great day, but not bad either. I walked straight up a hill and down at lunch time. It was good for the buns.

Tomorrow, gym and sunday gym, so that will be nice change. I love the days I can go to the gym.

I just upgraded my ram to 2gb, so my computer should be much faster. I hope.

Today I had some errands to run, so I grabbed a cheese stick, a small turkey burger patty, and some low fat chips. I haven't counted it up yet, but I know I am within my caloric intake for the day. It really helps to have things to grab and go instead of making really awful choices.

I wish my clothes fit a little looser than they do!!!:?: Looking forward to this weekend and monday weigh in.

Have a great evening all bffs:hug:

littlelindy
12-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Good job everyone. Elfinsnow you go straight to the ER if that happens again. It's not safe or worth it to chance it. Your heart rate should never be that high and I don't think it's an anxiety attack maybe part of one , but not that high and the dizzyness is from your heart beating so fast. Take your BP tomorrow and see what it is. Monitor it very carfully it might not happen again , but if it does go right away your health is important that's why we are here and we care... I hope you feel better ....
Ok I will talk to everone tomorrow and give our steps... see ya then :hug:

dmc2009
12-12-2008, 11:25 PM
YOu better listen to Lindy!!! :hug:

Okay, I just found a recipe for mini mushroom and sausage quiches at www.eatingwell.com They are only 90 calories a piece and easy easy easy.

I am going to make those this weekend and also some Banana chocolate chip muffins to use to grab on the go! The muffins will be for my dear little girl, I will try to make some for me with only one or two chips in them.... unless I can work them out to be less fattening. Maybe use applesause or something!

:)

littlelindy
12-13-2008, 10:17 AM
It's the weekend. Ok so for today we are suppose to make tamallie's home made at my husbands mom's so I will take my owen food and make sure i'm full and only eat one (Maybe) I will get on ww and see how many points it is. I have the step totals
OMW 10,325 total 100,868
DMC 10,002 total 101,747
Mytina 9,900 total 54,221
Lindey 13,686 total 180,586
Group total is 437,422 almost half way there. DMC that sounds really good can you give us the recipe? Well I'm going to do my three mile tape before I go anywere today and then take my owen food and I don't think I will eat a tamalli (how do you spell that?) I don't really like them they are either dry or greasy. LOL ELFINSNOW how are you today? Ok my BFF"S Have a good day I will check in later I have to plan my meals for the day. :dust::cheer2: ok keep in touch this weekend and stay strong don't give in and say it's only one or two it all adds up and we are doing this and doing it as a good team. smile and feel good.:hug:

elfinsnow
12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the advice girls! I will consider a Dr if it happens again. Hopefully it was just a weird fluke- you know? Just the strangest thing! I was really scared.

Anyways- Those quiches sound so good! they are on my menu for the week now- thanks! Today is menu day- so I`m on the hunt for new and different for the week.

I weighed in for my biggest loser contast this morning. I only lost 1 lb. :(
I was lower 2 days ago- but I am sure that yesterday`s company party didnt help. I`m 203 now- I`ve lost 42 lbs since July 25.
So- still another 4 lbs to my "Under 200 Christmas goal", and 8 lbs to my "50 lbs by the end of the year" goal. (I knew that was a tough one- 50 lbs in 5 months is a bit too much to ask for. But- maybe I`ll do it yet!)
DMC- Have fun at the gym!! I can`t wait to get there and get moving later today.
Talk to ya`ll later!
Terry

littlelindy
12-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Elfinsnow I'm glad you feel better today. And every pound counts I'm in my fourth week and it's hard to drop in the fourth week that's what they say on the biggest loser. What happened on the show if you watch? Ok have a good day and I will talk with you later

dmc2009
12-13-2008, 11:59 AM
These crustless mini quiches are like portable omelets. Turkey sausage and sauteed mushrooms keep them light and savory. Small and satisfying, they're also a good finger food for your next cocktail party.

Makes 1 dozen mini quiches

ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 1 hour

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup sliced scallions
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
5 eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup 1% milk

1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325F. Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray (see Tip).
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to the bowl with the sausage. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper.
3. Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
4. Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per quiche: 90 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrate; 9 g protein; 0 g fiber; 217 mg sodium.

TIP: A good-quality nonstick muffin tin works best for this recipe. If you don't have one, line a regular muffin tin with foil baking cups.

MAKE AHEAD TIP: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
:carrot:

dmc2009
12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
I haven't made them, but they are on my list. I like anything portable and low calorie. These sound different and I am getting bored too.

I am not sure how to spell Tamale? I think that's right.:D

Everyone is doing well, last night I was sooooo hungry. I ended up eating a chocolate rice cake with just a thin spread of PB on it.. It was awesome with a FF SS Mocha drink!

I wish the lbs came off quicker, its a bit discouraging!!! :(:(

Have a great day, more later

Onmyway
12-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the recipe. That sounds really good. Everyone is doing a great job. Thanks for continuing to post. Sharing recipes and being there for each other is really a big help for me.

Went to Sam's club this am with a friend. Found some Multi grain Sandwich thins. Calculated as only 1 point. It looks kind of like an english muffin. Can't wait to try it. Will also hit the grocery later, I'm running low on fruit. We are supposed to get a big ice storm. Think snow day!!!!

DMC, don't get discouraged. Slow and steady, you will have a greater success in keeping it off. (Isn't that what you guys have told me?)

I'll check in later.

dmc2009
12-13-2008, 09:39 PM
This is why its good to be in a support group, we all need a little support once in awhile.

I had a pretty good day, stuck to the routine. I just had a glass of red wine, hey, its saturday! ;-) I figured it around 100 calories.

So... still within my range, but man o man, it doesn't come off as fast as it should and that is just the way it is... difficult reality.

Tomorrow I start the 3rd week, I feel slimmer, a little, but not a lot! OH well, could be worse. I know the scale is going down!

What is really bad is the realization that my clothes are not bagging yet??? What that means is...I WAS REALLY POPPING OUT OF THEM AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT! YIKES!

:hat::cheers: Talk to you tomorrow BFFs. I am really starting to feel the heat!

Heavy sigh!

littlelindy
12-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Hello everyone... Well I did ok today I had cereal for breakfast, a bannanna and two oranges, a smart ones five points, and One only one small tamale. Then I had baked corn chips 14 are 1 point on ww 120 calories and salsa and a 1 point ww bar I had four glasses of water and two diet cokes. No beer we had a big family get together and made tamales. I took my food with me so I would not much and it's funny everyone ate my baked corn chips instead of the regular ones they were not even open. Then I told everyone and they said they really liked them. The kids shared my oranges with me. So I stayed in control and my father in law who never has anything nice to say told me that he can tell I was dropping the weight. :D I know in October I wore a pair of my husbands levi's I think they were 32 waist and today my son has a pair he never wore and does not like and they are 30 waist. so I'm loosing? is that the right spelling? anyways the weight and inches. I'm not going to work out tonight , but I will do the three mile tomorrow and tomorrow night the two. I step on the scale Monday morning so we will see:dizzy: Ok off to watch movies I have to pick my daughter up at the school at 130am wow I hope I stay awake or she calls me mmmmmm I will set the alarm. I'm kinda upset with her she did not call me the whole time she has been gone? What to do ? kk see everyone tomorrow morning. :hug:

Onmyway
12-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Keep up the good work friends! We are all working hard to do the right thing. I had a pretty good day. Fiber 1 bar for breakfast, egg white omelet with spinach and mushroom and fruit for lunch. Splurged a little for dinner. Hubby and I went to Outback for dinner without kids! I had the blue cheese chopped salad (my favorite!), baked sweet potato plain and lobster tail. I figure I went over my daily points by about 5, but I do still have my extra points which I rarely use so I'm still ok.

My steps for today 8747. I'll try and make up my steps tomorrow. Lindy, thanks for keeping track for us.

Stick with it girls, you are worth it!

C

elfinsnow
12-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Lindy- did your dd get home ok? Kids- ugh. I have 2 in college, and one of my biggest peaves is that they dont call me. Great job on eating healthy! Its hard when you are visiting someone.
OMW- MMMMM Blue cheese salad!! Yummmmm! And lobster- I am drooling!

Well- I was still feeling pretty bad yesterday. Just weak and light headed. (maybe its a bug?) No gym- hubby wanted me to take it easy. (Hes more worried than I am) So we painted the kitchen cabinets and finished off our back room.
I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast- then hubby went and got Mcdonalds for lunch. OMG I havent eaten that since last June. (He used to always get me McDs if I was sick. He`s a very sweet guy) Well, it tasted good, but not great like it used to. The calories alone made me want to be sick-lol.
And now it seems that the grease didnt agree with me. McDs is better than a laxative-lmao!!
So in the end that was all I ate yesterday. Not a good day.
So That was my "off-free" day. Wasted on a crummy burger-lmao!
Today is a new day. I have to drop this 4 lbs before Christmas!! Its not alot- I can do it- I just have to remember that.

So whats everyone up to today?? I`m finishing my kitchen, finishing this week`s menu, shop for food, cub scouts at 3 (Im den leader- hubby is pack leader), and laundry. And I HAVE to get some exercise in. The gym is closed and we have 6 inches of snow, so maybe a video???
Hmm...

Have an awesome day girls!!
Terry

Onmyway
12-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Elf,
I don't think it would hurt to follow up with your Dr. Just to be on the safe side.

6 inches of snow - yuck. We are sxpected to get ice and snow this week. Only problem is a snow day for me, means work for my husband. He is a landscape designer but the company he works for also plows snow. Everyone has to plow. I worry about him being out all night. We are not getting any younger.

My husband and son are both eagle scouts so scouting is a big thing around our house. It's a great organization to be involved in. My dd does girl scouts.

Everyone have a great day. Keep posting. I really look forward to all of your messages.

C

littlelindy
12-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Good morning everyone. I was up till two in the morning. My daughter called me at 12:15 I think and I went and got her. She told me the cheer coach took all the cell phones. She asked her if she could call me and blew her off and did not let her use the phone. I think I need to call the school Monday. So when I woke up I was starving really soooooooo hungry I ate a piece of cheese and a damb tamale. Darn.:devil: I get on the scale tomorrow we will see. So it's very cold and wind advisory today I'm not going anywere. I'm going to work out twice today and really eat good salad and yogurt and fruit for me.:coffee2: Coffee is good on a windy cold day. I can't believe the wind it sounds like it's going to take the roof off. Well I will talk to you later My steps for yesterday was 11,213 I will give the totals later. I'm making my family sausage and eggs and home made hashbrowns (none for me I don't even want it) An orange sounds good with a bannana. Ok talk to you later

littlelindy
12-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm sorry I ment to tell elf I'm glad she is feeling better. I would call the DR. on Monday and get in to be checked out.(Please) You need to just check in with the Dr. and let him know what's going on. Take it easy today. Wow snow everyone that's fun we would love it (maybe for a day or two) LOL Well I checked and I went over by five points with those dumb tamales. If I did not wake up starving I would have been fine. :mad: I hope everyone has a good day and stay warm and safe. I will check in later. Hello DMC and OMW have a good day.:hug:

dmc2009
12-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Wow, I wish I had snow, but at the end of the month heading to Lake Arrowhead for 5 nights, probably get lots then.

Getting ready to go take a class, don't feel much slimmer today... but somehow firmer. The scale is just not dropping as much as I would like!!!

Oh well. I think I am gonna have to drop my calories to 1400 or maybe eve 1200 a day to see the results I want.

I am going to search online for some sample menus to follow. It will make it easier. After gym today, going to make those little sausage mini muffins, and I am using less fat sausage, so that will be good for work.

Well, Tomorrow is weigh in. I hope the scales are nice to us!!! Have a great sunday all.

Wish me luck - a friend of mine is standing in line right now for my Wii Fit and Board. Hopefully, he got there in time!

:hug::hug:

dmc2009
12-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, my friend was not lucky enough to get a Wii this a.m., but its a good thing I did not cancel my online order. After I found out he didn't get there in time, I went online and mine shipped. Yay me!

Went and did weights again today, wow, my upper body is sore! Hopefully, I burned some calories and my metabolsm is still working cause I am having more wine! ;-0

Today we went out to lunch to a jewish deli that is famous for huge servings, DD had a cheeseburger fries, our friend had bacon and eggs and I had a beef patty, cottage cheese and half a peach. I didn't eat it all... but I did steal a couple pieces of my DD Steak fries... oh yummy!!!! Tonight I had a salmon patty and 1/2 cup of pasta and green beans with Zero Calorie spray butter.

Not sure that I lost much this week, would have if I didn't drink vino! I know for sure I did not gain though and still hoping for a loss.

Tomorrow, I will have a salad with the left over salmon patty for lunch, yogurt and an apple for breakfast, a cereal bar for snack. Tomorrow night dinner will be some white ground chicken meat. Not sure what I am going to do with it. Might mix it up with some egg and seasoning and grill it.

Didn't get a chance to make the mini quiches, but I have all the ingredients.

good luck tomorrow!

BFF in So cal!

Back to the pedometer tomorrow.

littlelindy
12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Well I did ok today and I have to step on the scale tomorrow. I think this will be my stuck week were the scale does not move. That's ok in three weeks I could be down another three pounds or so. Wow DMC you did good and you are eating so healthy I'm trying and when I hear how you are doing it motivates me thx.:D I did ok today I had 100 calorie cinnomon muffin for breakfast chips and salsa for a snack , 4point smart one for lunch , ww 1 point popsicle,I'm have a spinach and mushroom 7 point pizza tonight, water , diet coke, and a piece of cheese, I think thats it? I did not write it down today. Well I will log on tomorrow and I sure hope I'm in the 130's. It would be worth all the hard work. If not next monday I will be for sure. Oh I did my work out tape 30minutes today. I'm very very tired from staying up with dd last night. Talk to everyone in the morning and stay warm and safe.

Onmyway
12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Sending positive weight loss vibes to my BFF's who weigh in tomorrow. Let's hope for a big loss.

I had a good day. Did my jog/walk on the treadmill this am before church and rode the bike again this evening. Egg sandwich for breakfast on 1 pt bread. No lunch, some mixed nuts at a Pampered chef party. I skipped the dessert. Dinner was a slice of lasagna and a big salad with spray dressing. Not exactly sure how to count my points for today but I know I am not over. We are waiting for a big ice storm to hit here. We'll see....

Hang in there girls, even if the scale does not move, know that everything you have been doing is for better health!

No steps for me today. Lost my pedometer this am and just found it. You know it can't count steps if you do not wear it!!!

C

mytina
12-14-2008, 11:56 PM
hey BFF's... what a busy weekend. Got a lot done in regards to cleaning, laundry, and decorating.. etc. Now, I have to focus on getting packages mailed (all family live out of state)... and then shop for the kids. This is the last week of school (and work since I work for the school)... so, things will be busy at school...( Christmas programs etc.).. oh, and have to make the teachers fudge.. yummy. Good thing I don't have a sweet tooth.. my weakness is Mexican Food.. yummy. which leads me to say I had some last night after we went to the Christmas light parade. so, oh well.. it was good. I should have had the Ped on , but I hung it up for the weekend.. I still have no faith in the thing.:dizzy:
I am hoping LittleLindy doesn't get her internet turned off like she thinks she will tomorrow... We need you lindy!!!! :hug:

It sounds like you are all doing okay. Elf you should take it easy, as in doing nothing... a day off painting cabinets doesn't sound like much of a day off! I think if you continue to feel light headed you should listen to Lindy and see a Doc. , although... they don't seem to know anything anymore.... Hi DMC & Onmyway..!! Keep up the great work... !:hug:

Check in tomorrow a.m. I must go read my book "new moon":carrot:

littlelindy
12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Well the scale did not move. It did not go up or down. I knew that this was going to happen. Even on the biggest loser they say it happens and they work their butts off. So I'm stuck at 140. I will keep going this week and maybe I will drop two? Well mytina is right I might not have internet after this afternoon or cell phones. My bill doubled this billing and I don't know why? I offered to make two payments and they refused me. They said to go intot he store and have them put a review on the account and it might hold it? I don't know whats going on we have my circle 20 people I also have 2000 minutes a month? So we will see I have had the sevice almost a year and this has never happened to me. So if they are butt's and won't help me out I won't be back for about a two or three weeks. So keep it going and keep yourself going. I will try and call mytina and keep her posted so she can let everyone know how I'm doing and I will mise all of you. I enjoyed and looked forward to getting up and talking with everyone and to see how everyone's day's went. I will try and check in later then I'm off to alltell and then to take my mom shopping and then to the school to get my papers in for school. :hug::hug::hug::hug: I will mise you gals really. BFF's getting healthy remember that k?

dmc2009
12-15-2008, 09:29 AM
YAY!!! I was surprised and happy a the results this morning. I too did not wear a ped. this weekend, but I will today. It is pouring here, I mean pouring, so most of my steps will be tonight in front of the TV.

I am sorry to see you go LittleLindy, you can always pop by the library and keep us up to date, change your service carrier, BEG! You are a big part of the group, if you don't stay, it might just break up. So then we would all have to go it alone.

We could always start a new thread, keep this one going or just poof, disappear?

Oh well, I will keep posting in hopes that you are all here and continue your comittment.

Good luck.

littlelindy
12-15-2008, 10:16 AM
DMC wow three pounds I knew you would have a good one this week. That is great. Well I can get online at my mother in laws and at my mom's so I will keep in touch a couple times a week. So Please keep posting you will still hear from me. My steps were oh shoot i forgot 9,321 somthing like that not to good. I did the two mile yesterday , but my ped was flipped upside down and was not counting. I have a plan for the week I will do a one mile every morning and I'm jogging three to four times this week outside and I will do my two pound at night. I want to drop two pounds this week so I will see for sure on the scale that I'm in the 130;s Well I Have to get the girls ready and get ready myself to go beg alltell to keep my service and review my account. I will get on later at my mom's if they cut it off ... Good luck to mytina and OMW tomorrow. Good job DMC lucky you that is a good healthy lose. Good work everyone.

Onmyway
12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Lindy,
Hope you are able to get things worked out. You are our captain! We need you! Sorry the scale did not move this work, especially after you have worked so hard. Next week will be big.

DMC, great job on 3 pounds, and you were getting discouraged for nothing. Glad to hear your wii is on the way. Can't wait to hear about Wii fit. I think I will wait til January for mine, after the Christmas rush.

Mytina, glad to hear from you again. Put that pedometer on, we need your steps to make our goal!

We have a snow day today! Yahoo! I'll be able to do my walk/jog this am and then I plan to do some baking and finish my cards. Maybe some wrapping or I just might watch a movie....Have a great day BFF's. Keep up the good work!

C

littlelindy
12-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok I'm off for the day. I have a lot to do. I hope everyone has a good day and stay healthy. Drink lots of water and drive safe the roads are bad. Take your vitamin C or drink orange juice keep the colds away. I will talk to you later girls.

dmc2009
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
:hug:

Thanks everyone for your support. I guess I won't really feel REALLY good about loss until, like Lindy, I am in the 130s. At that point, I will feel really REALLY good. But I am motivated, by the small steps and your friendship and encouragement.

I don't feel deprived. I mean, c'mon, I have had a few glasses of red wine!!! And the scale still moved.

Today, I had english muffin (110 calories) with sugar free marm. I just ate some E. whites with salsa, and hoping that will last me until lunch time. Then salad and salmon and for snack probably an apple and popcorn or 100 calorie pack and tea. We shall see.

Its raining here, STILL, so I had to walk in the garage, it was smelly, like gas, I sneezed a lot! Probably my allergies kicking in.

I really want to lose this weight and this is the first time I realize that its diet AND excercise that makes that happen. You can't do it just doing one or the other.

Okay,, done with break, back to work. thanks for being here and Lindy, get R done! :D:D

So far I am at 5044 for Ped count!!!

More later!!:hug::hug:

littlelindy
12-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I'm still here so far we will see how long it lasts:( So I have done good today 100 calorie for breakfast, an orange for a snack and I had 10 baked chips with salsa and turkey in a pita with tomatoe and light mayo . :carrot: I'm going for a walk with my daughter in a few to get out of the house. She is home had to much fun at the tournament. Well I started my book that mytina said was good and it was hard to find. Twilight it's good I have read four pages and I keep going back to it. it sure does draw you in. I registared for school man one semester is 1,100 dollars can't believe it thank god for grants. When I started last year my books were 1,200 I sure hope they have not added any. Well I sure hope to see eveyone later keep your fingers crossed. DMC we seem so much alike it's scary the things you eat like the english muffins and the pop corn and tea and the things you say it's weird I feel like I'm reading my owen words. LOL kk everyone see ya later ( I hope):p:dust::dust::dust:

Onmyway
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi ladies!

I have enjoyed my day off! Got some stuff organized around here and did my jog/walk and rode the bike this am. I'm watching a movie and vegging out for the rest of the afternoon. My dd has a friend over and all I'm doing for dinner is leftovers. I weigh tomorrow and I'm hoping it's good. I'll post steps later!

C

dmc2009
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Its hard, everyone around me and every counter has cookies and chocolate. I get by with having the 100 calorie cookie snacks here. It sure helps. Also 3 dark choc. covered almonds is 39 calories. ;-)

Lindy, I think we sound she same cause we are in the same boat! :hug:

OMY - Good luck tomorrow with your weight in. I am crossing fingers and toes for you.

I am already over 1000 calories for the day, so I have to watch it so I can have a decent dinner and snack.

I am probably going to do a walk away the lbs tonight too, hopefully.

Will post ped. count later. Just love to stay "plugged in" to you all when I can, keep up the enthusiasm, we are almost to the end of the month!!:carrot:

littlelindy
12-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Hello friends. :wave: Well my day went well how about yours? OMW sounds like you are going to do really well on the scale. I hope I have internet in the morning so I can see your progress:cp: So I had a home made burrito for dinner we put onion, roast, green chilis, garlic, chicken broth, pepper and we put it on the crockpot and let it cook all night and roll it in a tortilla. I think it's six points so I had one and I will have grapes later or a ww bar. Mytina is suppose to step on the scale tomorrow also. Well I will check in later if I can. Alltell said they don't know when it will be shut off, but if I don't make the big big payment by the 2nd it for sure will be then. So say prayer and I will keep paying them and maybe it will stay on. Well I'm off to read my book then do my 2 mile walk away the pounds express walk with the bands. :hug::hug::hug:

Onmyway
12-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi BFF's!

Sounds like everyone is still continuing to work hard to meet their goals. The holidays are so hard with all the sweets, snacks and partying going on. Good Idea Dmc, keeping 100 calorie packs on hand to help avoid the sweets at work. When we are thinking of ways to help us deal with hard situations that just proves how dedicated we are to losing the weight! Way to go!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lindy, hope you can get things resolved with your phone/internet. We would hate to lose our captain!:cheer:

:snowglo: Looks like we are going to get some more snow. Could that be 2 snow days in a row? I wish...

My steps for today 10050. I'll check in tomorrow. Thanks for posting and checking in, your support and encouragement is a huge help to me!

C

dmc2009
12-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi all my bffs online! You are virtual, but to me you are so real!!! Really awesome!

My peds today are 9342. I was gonna do a Walk Away the Pounds tape, but nah. I did my classes this weekend and I have Low Impact tomorrow night.

I wanted that second glass of wine with my dinner. I had a 3 pieces of bacon, 75 calories, 2 piece of bread 80 calories and a some FF mayo. Oh.. a piece of lettuce. I also finished some low fat chips. Tims. Thats what they are called, really crunchy and good.

I know it sounds like an icky dinner, but it was SOOOO Good. Now I am over by 100 calories. Whoops. Hey, I am not here to kill myself, and I know by June or July, I WILL reach my ultimate goal. Not really sure what that is, but def. less than I weigh now! ;-)

I usually don't drink wine, but this week, YEA BABY! It tastes so good. I think its all the twinkle lights and the rain and darkness, just makes me warm!

Okay, good luck to you tomorrow bffs on your weigh in. I am going to sit down and plan my food. YES... get those little packs. They are expensive, (I think) but they really are awesome. The lunch room is full of crap and I go and lift my little flapper and bam, I have my own little decadent stash! ;-):devil:

Good luck friends - we can do this, we can do this, we can do this. We got noplace to go but DOWN! :hug::hug::hug:

elfinsnow
12-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Evenin` Ladies!!!
DMC-Yayyy! 3 lbs is awesome!
Lindy- Im sorry yours didnt move. Pffffft. That just means a bigger loss next time though! And that is such a bummer about your internet. :( Hope it works out!!
And thank ya`ll for your concern. I`m feeling better now. This am I woke up feeling like myself- the fog finally lifted. I know ya`ll dont know me well yet, but I am not one to whine.That was just so scary and weird! Set me back all weekend. Just felt so tired and "off". Anyways- thanks!! *sigh* now to get hubby off my back. He asks me if I`m ok every time I turn aorund. He`s a sweet guy.
Went running last night- I was so proud. I ran like 5 blocks straight. (Dont laugh- its a record for me. Heck- 5 months ago i couldnt have ran 1 block!)I was out for almost an hour. Then I did crunches, push ups, and some pilates.
Back to the gym this am for an hour on the treadmill. Had my slimfast for breakfast, a slimfast snack bar for snack, 1/2 a subway chicken sub for lunch, pringle sticks for snack, a handful of chex mix, shrimp n pasta toss for dinner with a tossed salad, and a 100 calorie ice cream sandwich for dessert.
Had a good day in the stock market and laughed alot today! :)
Well- you all take care and remember to do something nice for yourself tonight.
Have a great night!!
Terry

elfinsnow
12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Hmm- who was it asked about my Wii fit? I`m sorry- I swore I answered you- but it looks like the post didnt take?? Anyways- I can burn anywhere from 100 to 300 calories in 1/2 hr on it. It`s more inner core conditioning than calorie burn though. Does wonders for your abs and waistline. :) I like the balance games best. One you are a ball on a maze- and you move to shift the balls into the hole. Another you are in a bubble on a lazy river- and you navigate the river by shifting and leaning. Look out for bees!
Lets see- theres a ski jump, slalom skiing, umm, soccer dodge, tightrope, jogging, strength, yoga, and more. And step aerobics- I love that one.
Anyways- you`ll love it. Everyone who has tried mine has bought one!

Hope that helps!
Terry

dmc2009
12-15-2008, 11:22 PM
:dancer:

I am so excited. While my DD is doing her homework, I wrapped it up. She has no idea. I told her to ask Santa for one for me, and she said... Ma'om, Santa won't get you one, they are wayyyyyyy to expensive. So I wrapped it up and will put it under the tree: To Me, From Santa! Ha! I cannot wait to try it, but I have to! It will be worth seeing her face.

I got her a Nintendo DS, and hopefully, I can get one too... later.

Thanks for sharing, I am so excited! I was not expecting it so soon! AWESOME

:crazy: So glad to hear its good for muffin top! ;):cheers::thanks:

mytina
12-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Hi Girls!! my steps today..10,901 (that's more like it) I believe I have my Ped figured out.. it is all about where you place it on your body, and whether you have layers on.. which lately I have been having many many layers of clothing... it's downright chilly up here in NorCal.. ( I know, I know.. it's cold everywhere right now) ... I hate to get on the scale tomorrow...I am feeling a bit bloated tonight. .. I didn't drink enough water today either.
Dmc- how exciting about your Wii ... lucky! It does look like a fun game that we can do with our kids.. one day I may splurge and buy one...
I am happy Lindy likes the book 'twilight' as much as I do/did.. I am reading the one that comes next which is called 'new moon'.. anybody else reading these books??

Well, girls.. I must go.. I am tired & morning comes fast. goodnight.. and goodluck... keep up the hard work... it will be worth it..:)

Onmyway
12-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Good Morning friends!
I lost another pound. Which brings my total for the week to 2.5. That's the best week I have had in quite a while. Thanks for all of your encouragement, You guys are the best!

Dmc, that's exciting about the Wii, where did you finally get it from? My bday is in Jan and I think I will wait til then to get it. It can't be found anywhere right now!

Glad to hear from you mytina. Hope you have a good weigh day.

Elf, glad to hear you are feeling better. Please be careful.

Lindy, that burrito sounds great. I think my family would like that!

More snow and ice here last night but not enough to call off school. I have to get going so I am not late. Have a great day and I'll check in later.

We are doing this!!!!!!!

C

littlelindy
12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone. All my Bff's.:hug: I have steps to post.
OMW 10,050 total is 119,665
DMC 9,342 total is 111,089
Mytina 10,901 total is 65,122
Lindy 11,072 total is 200,979
Grand total is 496,855 almost half way there we need to move our goal to new years day. I don't think we can get the other 500,000 steps in the next nine days that would be 14,000 steps for each of us for the next nine days. I wish we could do it it would be cool , but it's a hard one. we will see. I hate to set a goal and not make it maybe we can do it :dizzy:
Well I did good yesterday and wanting the scale to move on monday we will see. I only did one mile yesterday and went shopping with my mom. I started new birth pills and man my top half ( you know my boobs) feel so sore like they are going to bust. I guess when you turn 40 they change the pill to a lower dose and my body is going crazy. I'm worried about stepping on the scale I think they are making me gain ? Can they do that? I feel like i'm about to breast feed LOL Ok to much information right? lol Well I think I'm out shopping today and to the school . I did get registered yesterday that's a lot of stress gone.
:bravo::flame::woohoo: OMW two and a half pounds you go girl. I'm so happy for you. That's a good drop it's hard to get over two pounds in a week. You are doing so good.
Mytina weighs in today also. Well it's cloudy here and cold they say rain and snow on the mountains. We never get snow before christmas usually Jan. and Feb. Well I will check in later I have to get the girls ready for school and myself for the day. I'm so happy to have eveyone. Maybe we can post our pictures in the aveator It would be nice to see faces. Ok see ya bff's have a good day.:grouphug::candy:

dmc2009
12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi girls,
Mytina, good work! Wow, 2.5. that is great! It motivates and gets the ball rolling huh?
OMW, got my console a week ago or so, but I got the Wii yesterday. You can find them, but very hard to do. Find out when your local Best Buy is getting shippment. That didn't work for me, I got mine online, but if you get in line that morning, you will get a Wii fit. Good luck!
Lindy, I have my ped on today again and tonight is my low impact class, so I should be in the 10 - 15K range, but that is not a normal day.
I agree, we should get faces to the screen names, that would be fun! We have to be careful with personal information though as this is a public forum and who knows what kind of kooks lurk! ;-)

Okay, gotta get into my day. Rainy here and cold. Feels like winter and I like that. Although, I feel badly for the rest of the country!

Have a wonderful, sucessful powerful day!

mytina
12-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Good Morning Bff's!!! Well, first things first..... LittleLindy and I were txting each other this a.m. chatting about 'the twilight books',.. all was good..I dropped off my daughter at school..and went to call Littlelindy and I think her phone was turned off..!!! :cry: that means she has no internet either..and I have no way (besides writing a letter in the mail) to contact her!! :?: I am feeling lost already. ok,... we won't/aren't going to panic we have to be here.. strong as ever when she gets back.. hopefully, sooner than later?! Everyone say a Prayer that some money can come her way, or they will find an error in the bill... :grouphug:

I did weight today..and dropped another 2lbs. :rain: I guess I am at my 'normal' weight now.... (a few months ago I was at 135 and then got up to 148...now I am at 138) I had to get a grip,and figure out what was going on with my body... I believe hormonal & other changes due to age cause us to digest food different.. we hold onto water more.. and ladies we HAVE to, MUST do weight baring exercises... We need more muscle on our bodies... the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn.....I am also learning that vitamins do work.. I have never been one to take them consistently but I have noticed a big difference since I am taking them daily,.. and there are a lot of them. :dizzy:

Well, so much to do... need to go to the post office too! ugh. It is cold here in NorCal... 39 degree's and spitting rain... wish it would get a little colder ( did I really say that) so it could snow... ( for the kids) It doesn't normally snow here on the valley floor..so that would be exciting..:coolsnow::snow4:

remember say those prayers for LittleLindy.. and I hope everyone has a wonderful day.... keep up the great work!!:candy:

dmc2009
12-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi MyTina, thank you for keeping us up to date. We will commit to keeping this thread a live and kicken! Lindy come back soon!

I am going to low impact tonight and then I will come back and post my steps for the day.

Okay, I just added my tracker, lets see what it looks like.

Keep up the great work, we are doing awesome!!!

mytina
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
nice tracker DMC! How exactly do you get one?

well, I haven't heard from lindy all day.. and she usually txt's me throughout.. so I know something is up.. I am sure it is driving her crazy to not have a phone or internet...and I hope she stays focused on what we are doing here..whaa!... I hope she is back soon too!!:)

I will get busy this evening so this is it... I am checking in now .. my steps right now are 9377.. I am having the yummy turkey burgers for dinner,and salad. yummy.

I won't check in until around 9 am (ish) on here since I am crazy busy in the morning getting the kids out to school.. and my computer room is SO cold that I barely want to sit on the computer... I know we are all on different time zones.. except DMC .. I think we are the same... but yep, lets keep it going. k... Lindy will be back before we know it, and we just have to send her our good vibes!!! :goodvibes:wizard:

take care tonight!:) ...oh, and ELF.. are you feeling better??:?:

dmc2009
12-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey there, go to home page and look up questions, and there is a whole explanation how to get one. Its fun huh?

Okay, lets def. keep this alive. I will post steps later.

C'mon Team... lets hold it together.

Today was a tuff day for me, but I am plowing thru it. I am hungry though!!!:(

Onmyway
12-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Dmc - Nice tracker! I agree with you, we will keep going and keep posting and hopefully Lindy will be back soon!!!!

My steps for today 11056. I had a good day!

My Tina, thanks for keeping us updated. If you get in touch with Lindy let her know we are pulling for her to get everything worked out.

Keep it going girls! We are worth it!

C

dmc2009
12-17-2008, 12:59 AM
I did about 16,000. I knew it would be that kind of day, I expect it on Tuesday as its my low impact class day. But I am not positive, because I keep dropping it and the darn battery came out of it today. It was around 9,000 and something and now it is at 7786. So.. Just 16K works for me.

Okay, we have to keep it going for Lindy, for MyTina, for OnMyWay, For ElfinSnow, for DMC (me) and for.... SANTA!!! :santa:

I really plead with you all to stay here, stay involved and stay plugged in. I need this. This is week 3 for me and my mom is coming next week and who knows what kind of influence she will be. I NEED YOU!!!:yoga:

Okay, here is what I ate today. I had Yogurt and english muffin, with a bit of all fruit jelly. For lunch I had bacon on light WW bread and some Progresso soup. For dinner in a hurry, I had about a cup of pasta with pat of real butter and 3 vienna sausage. I ate before gym class!

I have been going over a bit, sometimes I am at 1550 - 1600 calories. Maybe because of all the walkng and gym that is okay. I am sure if I did't do that I would lose much faster. But I have faith. I will keep losing RIGHT????:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:: cheer3::woohoo:

Okay, I hope Lindy gets back here soon and keeps us in line and add up our steps, cause I hate wearing that thing and I am doing it for the team!:grouphug:

Night all, see ya in the a.m.!

dmc2009
12-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi all,
Just touching base. Don't feel very "slim" today! My clothes are just not bagging like they should!! WHHHAAAAA

Oh well, I am sitting here eating my egg whites and drinking my coffee. Hopefullly, Next monday will bring some results!

Got my ped. on and my meals planned for the day. Even though the lunch room is full of land mines!!!!

;-(

littlelindy
12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
:hug: Ok I'm here I went to my mom's becuase I just mise you all to much not to talk to you. So it looks like everyone is doing good. I'm glad ....:D If someone can take over the steps it will be to hard for me to do it. I'm at my mom's and she is 15 miles from my house I'm going to try and get on everyday so if I skip a day I will be back. My steps for yesterday were low 8,901. I have not been active like I usually am , but i'm going on and not letting my crappy life get in my way. I hope work comes our way soon. Well I will try and check in later today. My steps so far today are over 2,000 I have to run to the video store and to the school. I will try and stop back by my mom's to chat. Please don't give our thread up I want to be here and will try really hard to do that. We are BFF's getting healthy right?!!!! :hug: I have not over eaten even with all the stress so I think of you all a lot. OH mytina I finished twilight in two day's. I need the next book ASAP,but will have to wait till next week. Ok I will check in later and stay together and stay healthy and safe. Mise all of you. :bravo:

Onmyway
12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Lindy, Glad you checked in. hang in there, things will work out for you. You are an important part of our team.!

I had an OK day today. I didn't plan ahead for dinner and as a result ended up nibbling on things I probably shouldn't have. I forgot my pedometer today also. I'll slap myself and get back on track tomorrow.

Keep posting girls. I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing. Maybe we should keep track of our own steps. What do you all think?

C

dmc2009
12-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I did 14305 today, hectic day.

I would keep track of my own until Lindy gets back into the swing of it. I am up to my ears in homework.

Did good today, more tomorrow!

BE GOOD

mytina
12-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Lindy! glad to hear from you... I was wondering if your mom would have a computer you could use... keep up your routine.. you are so good at it...don't stress, things will slowly come together.. they always do.. right?!!

Dmc.. We aren't going anywhere! So, when your Mom comes in town next week you are going to have 'a new attitude'.. haha.. the 'girls are back in town' attitude... " we are getting it together"... the together part is the best.. .. not one of us is doing this alone. k.

I know I cannot check in that much.. I am lucky I got on tonight.. it was a busy day .. and then girl scouts this evening.. but I wanted to pop on to hear how everyone is.. sounds like all is well... don't forget your Ped's tomorrow girls...!! I had a good day with 14145 steps,... and that was not doing my walking tapes.. busy. It is fun to see how many we do each day isn't it? I think we should all just keep track of our own steps too... nobody can do it like Lindy can... ( I know I am not that organized) okay.. well, off to get to bed soon... and I won't be on in the morning tomorrow.. sorry... my daughter is having a school recital .. and then work... I will get on tomorrow afternoon tho...

Have a wonderful day BFF's... Keep up the good work. :)

dmc2009
12-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, another day and I can say I am pretty proud of my daily successes. Those being just making the right choice and not over eating. I hope Monday brings me good news. I think it will because I have 3 days now to work out at the gym, so by Monday, I should have some good results... cross fingers.

Mytina, thanks for the vote of team spirit! Its good to know we will always be here, the holidays are hard, so good to be apart of such a great team effort.

Got my ped on today, but ugh, every time I pee the darn thing falls off onto the floor. I try to remember to take it off first! Once it fell in the pot. Surprised it still worked.

Okay, lets go get this day behind us, another day of good choices. Morning breakfast toast and jelly, coffee and cheese stick. Lunch Taco Bell chicken Taco and salad, Dinner pasta and Ground chicken sauce... and of course, a glass of wine! ;-)

getting my hair done tomorrow, so I am really REALLY looking forward tothat!

Good luck my BFFS!!!!

Onmyway
12-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi friends,

A good day for me. I avoided some high calorie treats at lunchtime and stuck to my salsa and baked chips. My team at school is going to lunch tomorrow for the holidays so I need to check out the menu before I go so I know in advance what to order. Have my pedometer on and wille update my steps later after I do the treadmill.

DMC, don't let your mom's visit derail all of your hard work so far. Besides you will have the Wii fit to try out!!!

We are traveling to New Mexico next week so my check in's will be limited the week between Christmas and New Years. I will do my best to stay connected. This group is a big reason why I am doing so well staying on program. You guys are the best!

Will check in later!

C

dmc2009
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
So far my ped is 10865, but still not home, but I don't expect to do much more than that. Tonight is my relax!!!

ONMYWAY... I won't. I will really just stick to my diet. I am gonna be down in the 130s by first week in January~ I promise you guys my best effort!

Yes, omg, I swear, I would be in so much trouble this week if I didn't bring to work the 100 calorie pack of chocolate cookies. I swear, they have saved me from caving and going in the lunch room and digging into the candy and cookies. I am so happy to have them.

Tonight, probably some more pasta and vino, in moderation of course. Now how awful is that? The next three days is working and I mean, its gonna be great, challenging workouts.

I can't wait to open the Wii!!!! But saving it for xmas morn!

Okay, Hope everyone is sticking to their guns. Lindy, we all miss you. Lets keep this special thread, and circle of friends kicken butt!!!

dmc

elfinsnow
12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi friends! Sorry Ive been afk. Been awfully busy!
Been at the gym for an hour every am, and out for long walks at night with my hubby, 8 yr old, and the dog. (Another hour or so) It`s only 32 degrees out, so the evening walk is a brisk one! But we are enjoying it.
My son comes home from college tomorrow night, and daughter during the week, so I suppose I will have to bake at some point. Ugh!!
Take care all- keep up the good work!
Keep that picture in your head of how you want to look when shorts season hits!
Terry

dmc2009
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Elf, I am 48 and I would never put on a pair of shorts, not even if I was 105 lbs. Ugly! :rollpin:

I don't like my little legs! ;-)

Anyway, nice to see you back and look at you!!!! YOu are working hard and awesome for that!!!

Dedication, that is what this group is, TEAM DEDICATION!

Talk to you all in the morning!:grouphug::dancer::grouphug::dancer::flow2 :

Onmyway
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Elf, Glad to hear from you. You are an inspiration with your dedication to getting lots of exercise. Keep it up. Bet your college kids will be so proud of you when they see you!

:running::running::running::running::running:My steps for today 10454, brings my total to 130,119. Did my walk/jog on the treadmill tonight. I feel so good when I finish.

:cheer: Keep up the good work ladies. These next couple weeks will be tough but we can do it!

Good night!

C

chickhen
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi, I am back again to this site after leaving it about three years ago. It was a wonderful way to lose weight and I found a great group of women that helped me. I am currently looking to lose about 20-30 pounds.

dmc2009
12-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Strap on that pedometer, tell us what your daily steps are and what you are doing to lose wieght, eating and exercise and welcome to the club!:carrot:

Now get steppin!:hug:

dmc2009
12-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Whoopsie! I almost went crazy!!! I had 100 calories more than I was supposed to when all was said and done and just now, I ate two graham crackers, 130 calories. I had to just STOP.
The tea pot is one, the crazyness has stopped. I thought it would help to come here and dump.
I don't know why I was just ready to go off the deep end... whoa!!!! I have been so good; this just surprised me!!!
Wow - scary

mytina
12-19-2008, 02:01 AM
DMC don't be so hard on yourself... going over 100 calories (to me) is not that bad... just work a little harder tomorrow. k.. we all go off the deep end once in a while, and with the holiday's upon us.. all the goodies everywhere it is certainly easy to have a little of this or that... luckily, I don't have much of a sweet tooth.. my weakness is Mexican food.. I say if you want a little smidgen of something, have it but work it off! remember to building muscle will burn it off faster too!!! so, be kind to yourself.. you have been doing so great!! :)
CHICKHEN.. Welcome!!! We are a fun group I must say!! hahaha.. it is a busy time for everyone right now.. when the holiday's are over we will really get rockin'... then we can focus just on ourselves!!

Good steps ONMYWAY!! way to go!! and ELF .. keep up the great work...!!!

I didn't do as well on my steps as yesterday... it was so cold that I could barely move outside on the playground.. I don't do well in the cold.. I am more of a 'reptile'..haha... I know,... excuses excuses.. haha.... total steps today 9814

well, need to go to bed.. goodnight BFF's.. and goodnight to Lindy... hurry back Captain!! :)

Onmyway
12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome Chickhen, there is always room for another BFF! We are here to support each other. Get walking!!!!!

DMC, I agree with MyTina, 100 calories in the big picture is not going to ruin all of your hard work. Some days we just need a little more.But do now that if you feel you mess up you can come here to vent!!!

My team from school is going to lunch at an Italian Restaurant today. I have looked over the menu and there will be very little there that will be healthy at all. I am planning to watch my portion and if I go over, there's still a treadmill and exercise bike in my basement for after school.

Have a great day friends! Weird weather here, already 54 when yesterday was in the teens!

C

dmc2009
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks Mytina and OnMyWay. Its good to know I can come here for support. Something is going on, this morning about 4:00ish, I woke up and did not feel well, a little nausaus (sp) and usually when I am not feeling well, I do tend to eat more than usual. I know, its weird, but my dad was the same way. I can eat a horse when I am sick. So maybe I have a touch of a bug.

I am feeling better right now, but who knows later!

going to do my Body Blast class today, lots of weights in that class. Its my favorite:lifter:

Well, better get into my day...

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

mytina
12-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope you are feeling better DMC.. that is funny you can eat when you are feeling nausea.. my husband is that way.. when he is sick with anything he eats, and eats.. I am the opposite. :barf: Its funny ( well not really) maybe coincidental is a better word when you said you felt nausea.. Yesterday I was feeling that way... waves of nausea.. ugh!! my stomach was a bit off ..I had a little peppermint tea... that helped a bit... I don't want to be sick...:barf: I do feel better today... I hope you are too!!:getwell:

today 11746 steps for me. and the day isn't over... but I won't be online later.. we are going to the H.S. Basketball game. I hope you are all doing your Peds.. and drinking your water ( Lindy says so!)

Remember this is a great place to vent, celebrate, piss and moan, share, etc.. that is what BFF's are for!!!;) :grouphug:

Have a great evening girls!

mytina
12-19-2008, 08:20 PM
hey look... it's my tracker...

Onmyway
12-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Congrats on you tracker mytina! It looks great!

My pedometer read 48 after having it on all day! I believe that would be some sort of malfunction! Tomorrow is a new day. I had a good day eating. Fiber One bar and ww yogurt for breakfast. Lunch was a salad and thin crust mushroom pizza. I ordered it light on the cheese so I don't think it was a bad deal. I figured that was better than pasta with heavy cream sauce. Dinner was grilled tilapia, spaghetti squash and salad. I'm so glad it is the weekend.
Will check in tomorrow!
DMC, hope you are feeling better!

C

dmc2009
12-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Well, today was good and bad.

First, congrats on tracker!!! Mytina, that's fun! I did not count peds today or tomorrow, I seem to do best when I do that with weekend off.

Guess what...OMG...I went to sushi tonight and Jim Fugruh was there... bad spelling, but he is in front at the Lake Sherwood tourney down the street from my house. We were so excited, my daughter went and talked to him, I didn't, too shy!!! WOW!!!!

Anyway, how do you count sushi and sashime and saki??? I don't know what to do, but I came home and had more wine too!

I think today not so good, but I needed the break from reality.

More tomorrow, and back to the gym. By the way, my gym teacher was a sub today and she was AWFUL!!!

Back on track tomorrow, don't expect much on monday weigh!!! Love you!

littlelindy
12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello it's me. Well I sure do mise talking to everyone. I just read everyone's threads and you all sound like you are doing so well. I'm ok trying to stay positive. I jogged yesterday and again at 8am this morning I took a different route this time. My steps have been off? I think my ped is broken. Yesterday it said 8,023 and the day before 6,223 and today after running it's at 4,118 so maybe I have not been so active. I'm glad you all are doing good. I will be on tomorrow maybe and for sure on Monday. Good luck to everyone on Monday and tuesday I hope the scale god is good to us. Mytina I like your weight tracker looks nice. DMC you will drop on Monday you hav ebeen working hard. and OMW look you are down to 206 from 210 already you are doing awsome. So proud of all my Bff's . What is the total on steps does anyone know? Well I have to go and get somethings done I will talk to you later. See ya....
Lindy.
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ponytail
12-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Hello, I am a 3FC rookie, 45 years old, need to lose 94 pounds, and happily married with two wonderful kids. This appears to be a fun, supportive, and active group. Is there room for another?

Onmyway
12-20-2008, 08:27 PM
:welcome3:
There is always room for another BFF!
This is a fun group. We are here to cheer each other on and vent to each other.
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

We are counting steps so strap on your pedometer and join the fun! :running:

Glad to meet you!

C

chickhen
12-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone,

This has been a fun weekend but I will admit the holidays are hard to start a weight loss program! On Friday I went to a holiday party and really tried to be good. I only had one glass of red wine! The rest were diet cokes and I ate the shrimp instead and veggies instead of the fattening foods.

Today however, I went to NYC for a show and ate two big buffets. I had hoped to walk off the food but it was 23 degrees outside. I still have a few more food days until Christmas and a New Year party to get through but then I really am going to get back into getting healthy and exercising.

Onmyway
12-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Lindy, Glad to hear from you. Keep checking in when you can, you are a very special BFF to all of us! We miss you!

I spent my day running around doing last minute Christmas stuff. I put together gifts for my neighbors and was very good about not sampling! Did have a hamburger happy meal for lunch. I was out and about and it was the easiest place to go. I only ate half of the bun and then had a light dinner so I think I'm still within my points for the day.

My steps for today 11247, my total is 141,366.

Good night!

C

dmc2009
12-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I am going to have to write off the last couple of days. It all started with sushi and saki on Friday, Yesterday, French fries, chocolate and Spinach dip! Oh.. and movie popcorn. I have been aweful the last two days.

I am going to move forward and today, get back into it. I am heading over to the gym in about a half hour and work as many calories off as I can. Today I am going to guzzel water, but I don't expect much loss tomorrow, more like a gain! Wow.

Its fine. Now that th weekend is over. I did golf 9 holes yesterday, so I did get some exercise for the day. Its aweful falling off after liek 3 straight weeks of being so good.

I just know in the larger picture that 2 days isn't the be all,end all. I am back on track today.

I will count my peds tomorrow, I don't ususally do that one my weekends. I need a break! Glad to see everyone back here and glad to see new people too!

Okay, off I go, will check in later... I need my group!!!

littlelindy
12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Hello everyone how are you? I did good on my steps 11,882 I ran a mile and a half again. I step on the good old scale tomorrow. I need to increase my water intake I have been bad at that. We walked a lot yesterday and I played about five games of horse shoes with my son and husband. I peaked at the scale this morning and it's down one pound it looks like I'm in the 130's ... I will check in tomorrow and see how you all are doing. DMC you are in school? What is your degree? I can't wait to finish school. Well Mytina I mise you soooooooooo much I mise our talks in the morning and I will be back in about two weeks. Ok my Bff's stay in touch and keep focused we have come a long way and we don't want to back track. Keep going and look at our long goal. This morning I made eggs, potatoes, and chirizo, I did not eat it I had a yogurt and then went for my run. I will have an orange for a snack and a nice lunch and dinner ... Good luck DMC on your weigh in tomorrow. Mytina and OMW is next good luck. Ok see everyone tomorrow. I really mise you all. :hug::hug::hug::hug: See ya

dmc2009
12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
tomorrow is my weigh in but I am trying to do damage control today.
Probably won't work.

No, I already have a degree in Computer Science. Glad that is over too!

Okay, just got back from the gym, having a salad with Chicken and then clean and organize my house for company (my mom) coming next week.

I am getting tired of cooking!

Okay, back to it. Yes, I need to step up the water!!!

Ponytail
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone,
I live in the Midwest on a small farm and we are having a blizzard. White out conditions and snow drifts taller than the hood of my Ranger truck will prevent me from leaving the house today...-35 degree wind chill. I have been very disciplined the last 2 weeks and look forward to learning more about everyone's success.
Sounds like I should invest in a pedometer. Can they be strapped to a sock under your pants? I spend a lot of time outside and I don't think it would register steps under all this winter clothing. Thanks!

Onmyway
12-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Sending positive vibes to those of you that weigh tomorrow. DMC, don't be too hard on yourself. This is a tough time of year. If I make it throught the holidays and do not gain, I will be happy. If I happen to lose, that's just a bonus for me.

Ponytail, Where in the Midwest are you located? It's cold here but not near as cold as where you are. As far as the pedometer goes, you will have to try it out and see where it works best. Mine is not a very good one and sometimes it doesn't register my steps at all, or I will go all day and it will say something like 48! The important thing is to keep moving all day.

My steps for today, 8435. My total is now 148901.

Happy weigh day tomorrow and stay warm friends!

C

dmc2009
12-21-2008, 11:58 PM
I need all the support. As long as the scale doesn't go up. I will be happy, I have been working so hard.

Today,I haven't gone over 1500 calories and I worked out in a gym class and a half hour on the eliptical. So... I feel like I am back on track. I also feel like I could eat chocolate and drink wine! But not tonight.

Okay, tomorrow is weigh day, so not looking forward to it!

;-(

dmc2009
12-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Okay, that was enouh of that. The scale remained the same. So... Tonight I work out extra at home, tomorrow is gym night and then again I will work out at home.

I CANNOT WAIT TO OPEN THE WII ON XMAS!!!! I am back on track today and will put back on my pedometer and walk. If it rains, I will walk in the garage and up and down the stairs.

I know now how no fun it is to not have results, but I didn't expect them with my indulgences this weekend. Its gonna be so hard over xmas, but I am still determined. MY goal might be only 10 lbs now, but my real goal is to be down significantly by JUNE! So that is the prize and that is attainalbe.

good luck Lindy, I hope you got to the 130s.

XXXOOO

mytina
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Dmc! sounds like you had a ruff weekend.. starting Friday with the sushi... is sushi all that bad? seems like just a bunch of fish, seaweed, and veggies.. but I don't eat much of it so I wouldn't know.... and who is this Jim Fugruh ? anyway, don't be discouraged.. ok.. sometimes the scale just remains the same..! stay focused..!
Welcome new Bff's..... you found a great place!! Yes, it is a hard time, in the middle of the holiday's and the cold weather to start a weight loss program,.. but it actually the best time to start because we can go crazy with all the good foods out there right now.. and yes, we will have our times of overindulgence but that is okay too... we all are human... just make sure to get back on that wagon again.. and keep up the good work..

as for me, .. you all know.. The last minute Christmas shopping, the last minute cards, baking, more shopping, .. cleaning, laundry,.. wrapping,.. so much to do at this time of year... I didn't get online for two days straight.. and I haven't had my ped on either.. yesterday I prob. walked over 20,000 .. my feet still hurt. I am doing good on eating... well, remember.. my problem is learning to eat something & not waiting until the end of the day to eat all my calories.. so, I guess I should go have a yogurt.. since it's already 11 a.m. and I have only had coffee.
Lindy, glad to see you got back on... check in when you can. k... I hope you achieved your weight loss goal this week.. it sounds like you have been doing good!! We'll be looking forward to hearing from you Captain Lindy!

Have a great day Bff's

littlelindy
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone. Well I stepped on the stupid scale fifty million times this morning and it sucks. I only dropped a half a pound. Two day's ago it was one pound. eeerrrr:o Well it's ok I'm not gaining and I'm sick today sore throat and a small fever. My blood pressure was low yesterday and I don't know if it is from the jogging and excercise i'm doing? It was 101 over 74 then I got it up to 115 over 76 so I think i'm coming down with somthing. I had a yogurt this morning with blueberries and peaches. Then I had some noodles with broth oh and an orange. I feel blotted and tired I'm suppose to start in four days so who know's ??? I keep thinking of the long term goal in June or July when I can wear cute shorts and shirts and not feel horrible , but cute. I did not gain so it's ok. More water for me and I'm wondering with the jogging the last three days I can feel my muscles in my legs sore. Maybe I'm gaining more muscle again. So everyone trying to stay warm? Welcome to the new Bff's :hohoho: Well I have to go back home and rest I don't want to be sick for santa. LOL Mytina I hope all is well and I mise you sooooo much you are the best bff ever. Good luck to everyone tomorrow who has to step on the dreaded scale as long as we don't gain during the holiday's we are still ahead. Just think if you did not care we would be up in pounds and then some. We are ahead of the game for the new year. :drill: Drink water, excercise, and stay focused. I will check in tomorrow to see how OMW and Mytina does. DMC don't worry I stayed the same last week and really think I did this week to. MMMMMMMMM kk see everyone tomorrow :hug::hug::hug::hug::dust::dust: