Old 11-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #16  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats on the loss littlelindy. That is sure motivation to keep you going! I think this group will be alot of fun and it's nice to have weight loss partners. Hope everyone has a good week!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #17  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Holiday's

Madfat good morning !!!! Well What I"m going to do is find a meeting wheight watchers and go to it and tell them I'm joining online, but I want the books to so there are two types your basic and eating out... When I bought them four years ago they were eight dollars a piece. I think if you go online to ww tot here store you can buy them to, but it takes awhile to get them. Also get a journal and write down everything you eat you will be surprised and more alert to what you eat.
Well I'm glad we have a good group so far. I'm thinking of doing a pedometer challenge till christmas. I want to find out how far it is to santa's work shop and see if we can walk there
Does everyone have a pedometer they are four bucks at walmart or Target has them for as low as six. Some just do steps and others do steps calories and distance in miles. So let me know if everyone is up for the challenge just at the end of the day or first thing in the morning give me your step count and I will keep track we will see how far we can get to the North Pole. KK If you have any other ideas let me know this will keep us walking and getting some were to. LOL I will check in later and let me know if you want to join. We will start on Friday..... kk see ya
Hey Bff where are you friend ... You were busy yesterday....
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #18  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hi, newbie here

I would like to join this group.
I started counting points today and I go to the gym as much as I can.
Can I join ya?
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #19  

Been busy, but hope to check in regularly next week. Thanksgiving was surprisingly not too bad. And I worked out!!!! Kids were at the in-laws last night, so I caught up on sleep. Now, time to shop!!! Have a great weekend.
marytk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #20  
Stay Healthy

Default Challenge Walking to christmas

Hello everyone. Well the first challenge till christams eve is 100,000 steps ... We need a pedometer for this and let me know all the step counts at the end or begining of the next day and I will keep track let me know if you are joining and you can join at anytime. See ya later
Old 11-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #21  
Let's Get Going!!!

I suppose I could strap one one! ;-) I have a ped., its just that I find them so inaccurate.

I will be posting here and if I can find my ped. I will put t on tomorrow.

Today was a pretty good day, trying to get into the no carb or at least low carb for a bit.
I need a jump start on my diet, does anybody ahve any ideas?
Thanks,

48 and still holdin!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #22  
Stay Healthy

Default Good morning

Good morning everyone. Well I walked 11,144 steps yesterday. DMC2009 I agree they can be off. I find if I walk regular it's right on , but to open and close it it gives me extra steps. It just helps me to look and if I'm at 5,000 steps I know I need to get movin. I started to lift weight for my arms yesterday to give myself and body somthing different. I also started to do my walk away the pounds tape with bands. I go two miles and at first I did not work a body tempeture and now I do I hope that means I'm burning calories. Today I might go for a walk I don't want my body to get used to the same thing everyday and not drop anymore wt. How was your turkey day? How much weight do you have to get to your goal if you don't mind me asking? Well I'm going to go take care of breakfast (oatmeal for me ) and I will check in later. I think my BFF forgot about me.
Oh steps 100,000 minus 11,144 = 88,856 steps to go....
Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #23  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Another BFF for you!

Good morning Little Lindy,
Well, I can be your new bff until your old one shows up, or we can all just be BFFs cause I don't have one here.

I am 5.2 and I weigh...146. I just weighed with PJs and socks and all.

I first goal would be to get to 135 and then after that 125.

I think I am going to start counting calories, BUT concentrate on low carb at first. Pasta Makes me so fat!!!! I can't even stop myself when it comes to that. And lately I seem to be a sweet junky.

I am 48. I used to be cute, but now I am just really starting to feel... 50!

Today I am going to do a gym class, weights and workout. About an hour. I plan to make a huge salad and then a low fat Veggie Fritatta and then turkey soup.

So, I will get back on later to see how your day went and tell you about mine.

Nice to meet you Lindy!!! Lets have good things to talk about tonight! Go for those steps. Hey, I do walk away the pounds, she is cute and that is fun!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #24  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

Hey, BFF is here.... I have a cold. I must have picked up someone's germ at the gym... of ALL places!!! so, now I feel like crap. I did good on Thanksgiving. In fact, I do good each day.. not eating. It is hard for me to learn to eat small things all day, and this point thing. I am going to buy a point book on Monday @ the weight watcher meeting. I am proud of you littlelindy!! you rock! ... and I am so happy that more people are joining.. anyone can join of course... I guess I need to learn to be more consistent on getting on here.. sorry, I just don't get online everyday... but I will try harder. Have a great day.. 70's up here in Northern California... wish I didn't have this cold it would be a beautiful day to go walk.

Oh, and Littlelindy... I would NEVER forget about my BFF!!

Last edited by mytina; 11-29-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #25  
Ready to hit the beach!

Hi all, I've been out of town and away from the computer so no chance to check in.

The walking challenge sounds fun, I will have to get a pedometer but count me in. Thanksgiving went good for me. I tried to make good choices and got in some walking while we were visiting my mother-in-law. We'll see how weigh in goes on Tuesday. I did do a little shopping and was very pleased to be in a size 18 pants and a regular XL top. When I started I was in a 22! It was also fun to hear the compliments from relatives I hadn't seen in a while. I'm glad to have this group of friends to lose weight with.

C
Old 11-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #26  
Let's Get Going!!!

Hi all,
Went to the gym and got really tired. It was a great class.

So far today, I am on my plan of 1500 calories, but I think I am going to be hungry.

I need to find things that satisfiy for zero calories, any ideas?

My first day! Difficult!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #27  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

okay, I am back again ... I wanted to say that I officially will be doing the walking challenge.. but a few questions... do we wear the pedometer all day?... I do need to get one. Since I am feeling so crappy I will start on Monday... this week has been off schedule since we have my in laws in town.. and we are on their schedule.. not mine. Cool... as for the zero calorie food ideas.... I know littlelindy knows all that.. and tell me if I am wrong.. but celery, salad, water...haha..., geesh.. see how much I know... Help littlelindy!!! Have a great evening all...
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #28  
Stay Healthy

Default Hello to my friends...

mytina you are right about the no calorie well we look at no points with wheight watchers. I like tomatoe with cucumbers and onion with vinigar and put it in a bowl with pepper and let it sit. It's good and very few calories. Also V-8 juice I like the spicy one point on ww and only 70 calories it fills me up I use it for a snack between breakfast and lunch. 98% fat free popcorn one bag on ww is only 1 to 2 points not many calories and they have the 100 calorie bags. I hope that helped DMC2009 Oh and good job going to the gym
ONMYWAY I'm sure it feels good to have others see the wheight coming off of you. It makes you want to keep going and now you have us to and we will help you get to your goal wt. Oh and two pant sizes you are awsome. It will get better and better.
Ok so the walking my friends we started at 100,000 my first day I walked 11,144 so that put us at 88,856 yesterday I walked 11,765 so new balance is drum roll 77,091 , but I do need help
I will keep a goal of everyone and post everyones personal total and group total.
And yes my BFF you wear them all day somtimes I fall asleep with it on.
Ok I will check in later to see how we are doing thx guys i'm glad to have you...
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #29  
Let's Get Going!!!

Thanks for the tips Lindy! I need diet tips and tricks badly!

I think my ped is at work, so I will try to find it tomorrow and help you reach your goal!

I think I did pretty good, I ate a few pretzels with PB last night, OF COURSE right before bed, it is a terriible habit I have!!! HELP!!!

But I did pretty good yesterday otherwise. Today, going to the gym, coming home and making my turkey soup, without noodles, just veggies!! I might throw in some beans.

I need to go to the store and change my creamer from fat free to sugar free and look for other low cal options! I am gonna buy some skinny cow too!

Back on later to post my day and see how you are doing! If you want to share what you are eating and the calories they are, it would sure help me learn that!

Here we go!!!! Let's do this thing!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #30  
Ready to hit the beach!

dmc2009,
Here are some of my snack staples:
WW yogurt - 1pt
Fiber One bars - 2 pts - very filling
fresh fruit
carrots and celery with FF dip
Kashi Heart to Heart cereal 3/4 cup = 1 pt, great for snacking when you need something crunchy
Trader Joes Salt and Pepper Rice Crisps, 36 crisps = 2 pts. I eat these instead of chips
Trader Joes Baked Blue Corn tortilla chips and salsa
Sugar free jello pudding cups - when you need something sweet
Laughing Cow cheese

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work. We are here for each other and we will lose weight!

C