Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Grrrrrrrr....

This has been my WORST week of eating yet! It's been so busy, very tiring and a bit stressful between work stuff and my evening french class.

I've been eating CRAP all week. I've had a bagel sandwich from Tim Horton's TWICE this week for breakfast and when I go home at night...I've been snacking on cookies!

Wednesday night I had a poutine and a hot dog from NY Fries for dinner and then after I ate it...I thought to myself...WTH did I just do?!? I wanted to ..I felt so gross afterwards. Why was I "punishing" myself!?!

I'm so frustrated with myself...I've had absolutely no willpower all week!

I think about what I've done and I can see myself doing this:

Please tell me I'm not the only one this week!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  
Workin' It

You are not the only person doing this to yourself this week. I've been sick this week, first time sick since I made it to goal. I've eaten crap 'comfort' food that has been of no comfort and I've not exercised like I normally do, so I feel even more terrible than I did with the original upper respiratory infection.

We'll get up next week, shake it off and get back on track, I just know it.

Edit: I have to add, I didn't know what a poutine was so I looked it up - that would have sapped all of my willpower right away, too.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 11-21-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5,1"

I have been eating like that for weeks now, but i'm finally back on track!! I just have to look at my new size 10 jeans and they remind me that if i give up, i will never be able to fit into them and therefore they were a waste of valuable money!
I didnt think i'd be able to get back on the wagon but you can do it!! Keep working hard, think about how great you'll feel when you do
Cat
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've been having some bad MONTHS! You are not alone!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

its a bit worriesome to read these posts. Its my hope that changing my eating habits I can change my binging and urges, but you all make it sound like I will always want to eat badly. Or is it just that there are times I will be tempted?
Somedays, it seems easy to stay on track and others, I am fighting my way thru the whole day.
Insights?
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'3"

I have been eating bad this week too. It is stress for me. I gained back 2 pounds in one week. It seems so easy to put it on and so hard to take it off!

SO...Lets get back on track together! I need some help! We should post how well we are doing. Maybe we can do it together?
Nancy7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
its a bit worriesome to read these posts. Its my hope that changing my eating habits I can change my binging and urges, but you all make it sound like I will always want to eat badly. Or is it just that there are times I will be tempted?
Somedays, it seems easy to stay on track and others, I am fighting my way thru the whole day.
Insights?
fatmad
I changed my WOE eight years ago, and I feel the same way you do! I see posts that say things like "Now a bowl of melon chunks seems more delicious to me than a big bowl of ice cream" and, honestly, that doesn't resonate for me. I may CHOOSE the melon chunks now--and enjoy them--but inside I feel like the same girl who used to drink two to four liters of regular Coke a day and eat nachos every day for lunch. But it's a lot easier now than it used to be. I don't have as many binges and urges and when I do have an urge, it's for smaller amounts--like I'll have three or four Twizzlers instead of the whole bag. If I can do it, then I know you can!
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Wifey!

You may always have the urges, but the less you give in to them, the weaker they will be. I'd guess that after a point you'll be able to say, "Oh, that again," when urges come up, and then just go on. I hope so!

When I read your post, the one thing that struck me is that you chose to eat all those things. From what you said, no one tied you up and drove you to Tim Hortons for breakfast. No one held you down and forced those foods between your clenched teeth!

So, I hope you've now awakened from your food trance! I have a friend who regained twelve pounds in the last few months simply because she magically forgot the laws of physics and thought she could have pastries every day. I myself gained several pounds this summer after one trip too many where I got lazy about my routine.

Here's to remembering that we want to lose weight...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Insights?
fatmad
It's my experience that when you eat well for a while, the urges do abate, or become easier to ignore.

But remember that if you do this for life, that if something trips you up, and gets you away from those bad habits, that the urges can return (not a certainty, but more likely). For me, getting off plan a little snowballed to a little more... and over time I started eating foods I hadn't been. Then I wanted those foods more. Turning OFF these urges is hard for me, but I will get back on track again!

I think it's important to know that you may always have the "fat chick" inside you who will try to get out from time to time. This is part of the reason why so many people regain! But she CAN be tamed!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote