Old 11-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #1  
give me back my bones!

S/C/G: 136/ticker/105

Height: 5'3"

Default Goodbye, Gluten-Free (for now)

So I've been more or less gluten-free for the past year and a half, because gluten gives me skin problems if I eat a lot of it (eczema on my elbows that I can't help but scratch at), but I figure that now that it's cold, I'll be wearing long sleeves enough that it won't bother me too bad.

I'm not going to go overboard, and maybe if I only add a little back into my diet, I won't have any problems. Still avoiding all refined carbs unless it is my "cheat meal."

The main reason that I am doing this is that on the Abs Diet, whole grains are one of my options to eat, and there really isn't anything much better than a piece of whole-wheat toast. I buy Nature's Own 100% whole wheat for my husband, because it's the only kind he'll eat, and I looked at the label and realized that it has only 50 calories a slice and has 4 grams of protein.

The gluten-free breads are so sweet and so high in calories that I was never eating any bread at all, but a little toast with a topping makes a great snack.
If I add a little light cream cheese, it's almost like having a bagel!
aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Good luck! Hope this works better for you.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/147/120

Height: 5'5

Im soooo jealous!!!
I'm on a gluten free diet (due to celiac disease) so even on bite of yummy bread I feel like I'm going to die!
I think I would gain 100lbs going back though because I would have to eat everything in site that I havent had for years LOL!
SarahD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm. They're not gluten-free, just wheat-free, so have you ever thought of trying rye bread? Not as disgustingly sweet as the tiny loaves of gluten-free honey breads, lol.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good for you! I hope it works out for you. I do a lot of work with people with celiac disease. There are some pretty awesome whole grain options that are gluten free... but it gets tricky when you want bread. Best of luck!! If it doesn't work out too well, feel free to email me directly and we can talk about some gluten free options that might help you get the whole grains you're seeking. More than happy to help- just don't want to post my company's name on here. After a year and a half, you're probably well aware of the options available to you, but I can probably hook you up with some stuff... I do marketing here.
Cassidy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote