General chatter - I miss the threadkiller thread!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : I miss the threadkiller thread!!

Slashnl
11-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I am not creative in my titles for threads, but I am really missing the daily randomness of the previous threadkillers. Can someone start a new one? I'm sure it won't be hard to come up with a better title than mine!!!

BillBlueEyes
11-20-2008, 12:26 PM
My heart is broken from the last one, bargoo got the last post before it was closed. She's The Threadkiller.

But, in the spirit of random knowledge, a Ruby-throadted Hummingbird weighs one tenth of an ounce - that's the same as a U.S. copper penny.

Operator265
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I am not creative in my titles for threads, but I am really missing the daily randomness of the previous threadkillers. Can someone start a new one? I'm sure it won't be hard to come up with a better title than mine!!!

Nope. You started #3. We're stuck with your stinky, poopy ThreadKiller Title till we get to 500 again.:D:hug: Thank you. I didn't want to appear "clingy" by starting another.

ForeverLove
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
so, i'm just wondering, what is this about? random facts?

BillBlueEyes
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
... 495 to go.

Not sure we'll make it to 500 this time.

ForeverLove
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
lol i really just want to know what this is about. is it about uhhhh being the last person to post before it closes? uhhh orrr is it about uhh talking? really, the curiosity is eating me up inside!!!

cbmare
11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Talk about anything that suits your fancy, Randi.

ForeverLove
11-20-2008, 02:26 PM
haha, thank you. Well now that I know what it's about we will get to 500 in no time! Just saying, I could talk all day about nothing at all! Now all we need is to get some more people on here and we could have a wonderful conversation going! Is anyone else terribly bored at work, with nothing to do except watch the clock and hope their boss comes in with a project?

JuliaDH
11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm back....had no net for a while and wow look at you all still working on thread killing! LOVE it!

cbmare
11-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Seems we have this need to kill. At least nothing, nobody nor an animal gets hurt.

ForeverLove
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
amen to that! i hate when poor innocent animals/people get killed for others' amusement or even by accident :( :(

cbmare
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I think we may be getting ready to say goodbye to our cat. She's 14 and has a thyroid condition. She's on meds but is really slowing down.

DRose
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
cbmare That's terrible :( But I'm assuming she has had a good long life :)

I had the best dream the other day. It was Thanksgiving and basically I was eating a whole bunch of good food and having a great time with my family. I woke up very pleased. Can you tell I'm excited for it? This will be the first year in a long time that most of the family is getting together!!! :D

bargoo
11-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Re: Threadkiller I am the reigning champ.!!!!

bargoo
11-20-2008, 06:34 PM
I can talk about absolutely nothing with the best of "em.

Clydegirl
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
:wave: Hi Diane long time no see.

cbmare
11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
When did they start numbering the posts?

BillBlueEyes
11-20-2008, 08:29 PM

I salute the reigning champ!!!!!

Tell us, how did you do it?

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM

But, in the spirit of random knowledge, a Ruby-throadted Hummingbird weighs one tenth of an ounce - that's the same as a U.S. copper penny.

Try buying a piece of gum with a hummingbird.

You will go down...stop gloating :hug:

:wave: Hi Diane long time no see.

Starting to look like the "winter season" baseball thread here.

My BIL is car pooling with me....he leaves his boots in my truck....his feet reeeeeeeeeeeeeeek....what do I do? If I call him on it he will tell my sister....one thing I learned early in life....DON'T MESS WITH LITTLE SISTER! :mad:

BillBlueEyes
11-20-2008, 08:42 PM

Try buying a piece of gum with a hummingbird.

Good grief Gary, how old are you any way?

Try buying a piece of gum with a penny in 2008.

WebRover
11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
My BIL is car pooling with me....he leaves his boots in my truck....his feet reeeeeeeeeeeeeeek....what do I do? If I call him on it he will tell my sister....one thing I learned early in life....DON'T MESS WITH LITTLE SISTER! :mad:

Stuff them full of fabric softener sheets - or something else with a strong girly scent.

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Good grief Gary, how old are you any way?

Old enough to call you big brother :)

Try buying a piece of gum with a penny in 2008.

One day many years ago my daughter, about 6 then, had a penny in her hand. I asked her where she got it. She said at the store (liquor store where I ran in with my kids to buy cigarettes...yea I know bad example) She said the plate said "take a penny so I took one" :D

Stuff them full of fabric softener sheets - or something else with a strong girly scent.

I love this idea! Thanks Web!

shelby897
11-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Gary -- you're some kind of contractor person, right? Fill them with cement :D Nothing takes the smell away like cement. Otherwise, can't you throw them in the tool box on the back of the truck, you can't possible smell them from there (except my husband's are SO bad, I think his would still smell from there!!).

Operator265
11-20-2008, 09:27 PM

Or get a couple of fabric bags and fill them with baking soda to put in his boots(when he is not wearing them, of course).

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks SHELBY but the cement would weigh the truck down and with gas prices being so high...NO! WAIT! gas prices are lower now...hummm could be onto something here.....

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks OPERATOR....

now what do I do about my other buddy that flat refuses and I mean refuses to wear deodorant....man the stories I could tell on that guy!

Operator265
11-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Gary -- you're some kind of contractor person, right? Fill them with cement :D Nothing takes the smell away like cement. Otherwise, can't you throw them in the tool box on the back of the truck, you can't possible smell them from there (except my husband's are SO bad, I think his would still smell from there!!).

SHE MEANS DRY CEMENT POWDER GARY!!! Sorry Shelby, but you must provide Gary with these crucial little details or trouble will soon follow.

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 09:41 PM
I thought she wanted me to put his feet in wet cement!

BarbPA
11-20-2008, 09:58 PM
You guys look like a fun group! :D

Why, oh why does my husband have to play his computer games so darn LOUD?

:p

shelby897
11-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Gary -- you seem to have issues with their hygeine.....

What would THEY say about you????

shelby897
11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Just a thought (not directed at anyone :D). If there is a threadkiller, can there also be a 'thread stealer". I've seen someone ask an innocent question then they are pushed aside by someone elses comments that seem to take over a thread or is it just me that notices this???

Does anyone have another other thread__________ observations??

BillBlueEyes
11-20-2008, 10:16 PM
How about the category of Ignored Poster - when someone inserts some dramatic post into a thread and never receives a response.

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
shut up BILL

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I'M KIDDING big guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Gary -- you seem to have issues with their hygeine.....

What would THEY say about you????

NOTHING! I am their superior! :p

You guys look like a fun group! :D

Why, oh why does my husband have to play his computer games so darn LOUD?

Do bother him when he plays? ;)

Just a thought (not directed at anyone :D). If there is a threadkiller, can there also be a 'thread stealer". I've seen someone ask an innocent question then they are pushed aside by someone elses comments that seem to take over a thread or is it just me that notices this???

Is it me?

Operator265
11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Shut up Bill.

JuliaDH
11-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I am laughing so hard my kids are going to wake up!

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM
then shut up JULIA and let them sleep

shelby897
11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
I was in no way, Gary, saying you were a thread stealer. You are more a "thread defibrillator" -- you seem to pop in and either liven up a thread or start up a new, usually VERY interesting topic on a thread. :D

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
As always SHELBY....one of my favorites!!!

BarbPA
11-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Do bother him when he plays?

Hmmm Gary....are you insinuating that he's trying to block me out? :o

I'm going to tell myself to shut up and go to bed....
;)

bargoo
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM

shelby, on this thread anything goes. No comment is too rude, too stupid, too ignorant and replies are not required, in fact many replies have no bearing on the previous comment.
I do most of my posting with a , hairy, black animal on my lap. and I type with one hand due to a broken shoulder which did not heal properly.

Slashnl
11-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Fine, we will stick with my lame title. Even though it suggests that I am a whiner.... ok, so I am....
Hi Clyde! Missed you too!

Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I say it???? Shut up Gary.

;) just kidding...

Operator265
11-21-2008, 12:51 PM
shelby, on this thread anything goes. No comment is too rude, too stupid, too ignorant and replies are not required, in fact many replies have no bearing on the previous comment.
I do most of my posting with a , hairy, black animal on my lap. and I type with one hand due to a broken shoulder which did not heal properly.

I didn't know Gary sat on your lap while you typed with one hand cause the other was busy stroking him!!!:o I'M TELLING ANGIE!!!

How was that for rude, stupid and ignorant?;) Please, no replies required.:encore:

Operator265
11-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm gonna SHUT DOWN now and go to bed. Nigh, nigh.:faint:

bargoo
11-21-2008, 04:54 PM
I didn't know Gary sat on your lap while you typed with one hand cause the other was busy stroking him!!!:o I'M TELLING ANGIE!!!

How was that for rude, stupid and ignorant?;) Please, no replies required.:encore:
I think you covered it pretty well.
However Gary is about 450 miles from me, tooo bad!

WebRover
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM

I've seen this called "highjacking" on other forums.

EZMONEY
11-22-2008, 03:04 PM
nothing wrong with being stroked

shelby897
11-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm starting to think Gary should have a thread all his own :D -- Gary's girls, Gary's Herum (I know, I spelled it wrong :dizzy:) -- Gary's giblets of perpetual information maybe???

And, what would you label us old people who read the "20's thread"? I think there should be a cute title for us!!! Maybe the "wannabe 20 agains"???

EZMONEY
11-22-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm starting to think Gary should have a thread all his own :D -- Gary's girls, Gary's Herum (I know, I spelled it wrong :dizzy:) -- Gary's giblets of perpetual information maybe???

AKA as the "Thread that died before it got started out of boredom" ;)

BillBlueEyes
11-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Are we there yet?

450 to go.

EZMONEY
11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
BILL....the human calculator strikes again

EZMONEY
11-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey BILL....did you ever notice how much we look alike in our avatars?

WebRover
11-22-2008, 09:26 PM

:rofl:

BillBlueEyes
11-23-2008, 04:43 AM
puh ... leeezze

Notice that I have more hair.

Notice that I have a serious expression - a concern for life - a love of mankind.

Notice that I wear a respectful jacket - meeting the standards of this thread.

And, not to touch on any sensitive subject around here, notice my lean, gaunt look - a man who eats on plan without divergence.

EZMONEY
11-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Bill, are you suggesting I need to wear my glasses for more than reading?

Operator265
11-23-2008, 10:19 AM
And notice the "OMG, I had four or five too many shots of tequila last night and I think I'm gonna hurl." twinkle in Bill's eyes.

Slashnl
11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
And notice the "OMG, I had four or five too many shots of tequila last night and I think I'm gonna hurl." twinkle in Bill's eyes.

Gosh, I thought that looked familiar. Kind of a "20-something wanna be" look.

Operator265
11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
puh ... leeezze

Notice that I have more hair.

Notice that I have a serious expression - a concern for life - a love of mankind.

Notice that I wear a respectful jacket - meeting the standards of this thread.

And, not to touch on any sensitive subject around here, notice my lean, gaunt look - a man who eats on plan without divergence.

And just what is wrong with my "I'm a big rubber ducky yellow rain gear"?:?:

BillBlueEyes
11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
And just what is wrong with my "I'm a big rubber ducky yellow rain gear"?:?:Oh dear, I'll have to ask that question of Martha when we next do tea.

But, meanwhile, a question for you. How many gears do you grind through to get that truck moving when it's fully loaded?

Curious minds want to know.

shelby897
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
I was just thinking of a good game for you guys -- everyone has to go to the oldest thread they posted on and try to revive it in any manner possible -- the person with the oldest thread revived/most subsequent postings-- wins!! :D

Just kidding :dizzy: -- I love checking in on this thread -- it has been noncontroversial, light/fluffy :p and just casual -- sometimes you need a good conversation!!!

BillBlueEyes
11-24-2008, 04:53 AM
I was just thinking of a good game for you guys -- everyone has to go to the oldest thread they posted on and try to revive it ...Now that's one scary thought.

Some sleeping dogs can be nasty when they wake up, LOL.

Operator265
11-24-2008, 05:34 AM
But, meanwhile, a question for you. How many gears do you grind through to get that truck moving when it's fully loaded?

Curious minds want to know.

Well, trucks anymore have auto transmissions, so you don't have to actually work your gears. You can just choose which gear to lock in to prevent the trans from going to high when going downhill or keep from skipping up into 2nd gear when going uphill then dropping back into first and spilling your load all over the road.

But, when I was a oiler/fueler I drove a standard trans/diesel lube truck. I didn't have a trainer, but I had driven standard trans cars all my life. Turns out you shift a whole lot more in a diesel than a gasoline powered rig b/c the power bands are shorter. Took a couple of weeks for me to figure it out. From what I hear, most of those trucks are going to auto trans too. Now, even an idiot can get by in them. But they still tend to tear stuff up b/c of lack of quality training in the general operation of equipment.

OK. Now that we've bored the living **** out of everyone with this yap...

Back to the insanity!!!

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

BillBlueEyes
11-24-2008, 06:02 AM
hmmm... automatic transmission on a 200 ton truck. I suppose ...

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Maybe I could learn to drive one of those for my next job. Anything to get to wear that yellow rubber duckie outfit, LOL.

Isn't this a tad early for WY time? Or a tad late for a working person?

Operator265
11-24-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm on my two week grave rotation, so I slept during the day yesterday. I try to maintain my grave cycle on my days off between the two, but this week I have to get a few things ready for Tday and take care of some errands and such where I must deal with "Normies". Therefore, I will probably wind up batsh*t nuts by the end of my next grave shift.

Operator265
11-24-2008, 07:20 AM
hmmm... automatic transmission on a 200 ton truck. I suppose ...

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Maybe I could learn to drive one of those for my next job. Anything to get to wear that yellow rubber duckie outfit, LOL.

Yes, as I stated in my earlier post, even and Idiot can drive them. :p

But it takes a certain level quality and intelligence to become a true Operator. Don't worry though, we don't have many operators where I work.:mad:

Slashnl
11-24-2008, 08:36 AM
I think we would all like to have a yellow rubber ducky outfit. Operator, you're a trend setter!

Operator265
11-24-2008, 09:05 AM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/lkboevers/YellowDucky.jpg

Me purty, yes?

EZMONEY
11-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I was in the second row field level to see my dil wave her pom-poms against those Colts last night

BillBlueEyes
11-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Aha, da Operator isn't looking so I can get in the last post of the day.

Rain is projected around here. I fondly remember going to school in the rain wearing a hooded raincoat and rubber boots. Don't remember if they were yellow, but must have been - I don't think the other colors had been invented yet, LOL.

BillBlueEyes
11-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Gary - Ouch for your heart pounding game against the Colts, and Double Ouch that it was Adam Vinatieri who kicked an unbelievable field goal with little time left.

Know that name well. We loved him as a New England Patriot and mourn the day we lost him. (Unlike some players we loved but didn't mourn so much, referring manninshly of course.)

You have "second row field level" seats to the San Diego Chargers' games!!! That's some good seating.

And you have a DIL who's a professional cheerleader for the Chargers? Are you just dreaming all this?

srmb60
11-25-2008, 06:10 AM
There's a dress code here?

Slashnl
11-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Bill, who are we to question what happens in Gary's world? I've heard that it is a "special" place.

BillBlueEyes
11-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Bill, who are we to question what happens in Gary's world? I've heard that it is a "special" place.
You bet!!!

With flying monkies and talking scarecrows and good witches and bad witches.

And, of course, behind the curtain, the wizzard himself ...

bargoo
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I think you guys have had a little bit too much eggnog. Aren't you rushing the season a little bit?

Operator265
11-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh, it's the eggnog. I just thought Bill had too much tequila last night.

Jose Cuervo you are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime

:hat:

Slashnl
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
We seem to have a tequila theme lately.

Don't ask her on a straight tequila night!

alinnell
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Tequila? Shooters or Margaritas?

Ruthxxx
11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Margaritas - brought to me poolside by some hunk in a thong!

It's snowing here and I'm feeling forlorn.

alinnell
11-25-2008, 02:33 PM

Reminds me of the houseboy in The Birdcage--DD and her boyfriend watched that movie last weekend. So funny!

And it's a forecast of rain here.

But DH brought home my new treadmill today!!! (I'll have my margarita after my run)

cbmare
11-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I love the tequila jalapeno mustard we bought.

Operator265
11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
And after 10 rounds with Jose Cuervo
I lost count and started counting again.

cbmare
11-25-2008, 04:57 PM
99 bottles of Jose on the bar

BillBlueEyes
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Not so sure it's OK to talk about tequila around here.

After all, da Operator says she's a miner.

srmb60
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
99 bottles of Jose ... if one of those bottles should happen to fall ...

bargoo
11-25-2008, 07:09 PM
98 bottles of Jose.........

Operator265
11-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Not so sure it's OK to talk about tequila around here.

After all, da Operator says she's a miner.

Note to Bill: See location, I'm from WY. This miner has been drinking since she was a minor. Why was UW kicked off the Playboy College Party List after taking #1 year after year? Cause they didn't feel it was fair to rate professionals against amateurs.

Wastin' away again in MargaritaVille
Lookin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a man to blame
But I know, that it's all Bill's fault.

EZMONEY
11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
You have "second row field level" seats to the San Diego Chargers' games!!! That's some good seating.

Actually they are not that good! You are at the same level as the players which means a lot of looking up at the Jumbo screen for the play! It is cool though to be down there....you can reach out a almost touch a cheerleader ;)

And you have a DIL who's a professional cheerleader for the Chargers? Are you just dreaming all this?

That is a true story Mr. Bill....you can look her up on the Charger website under Charger Girls...she is Nicole M.....the cutest one I think!

There's a dress code here?

I thought it was dress optional.

I was told often...as a child...I was special...:)

Tequila? Shooters or Margaritas?

I knew we would get Allison here with the mention of alcohol! :hug:

We seem to have a tequila theme lately.

Don't ask her on a straight tequila night!

I just love the western influence! Colorado D!

Oh, it's the eggnog. I just thought Bill had too much tequila last night.

Jose Cuervo you are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime

:hat:

Is there such a thing?...tloo mluch?

I think you guys have had a little bit too much eggnog. Aren't you rushing the season a little bit?

Bargoo...we are rushing it in for you to help you keep your mind on pleasant things! :hug:

Have you been reading Angie's mind Ruth?

Reminds me of the houseboy in The Birdcage--DD and her boyfriend watched that movie last weekend. So funny!

So he finally showed up?

And it's a forecast of rain here. Me too

But DH brought home my new treadmill today!!! (I'll have my margarita after my run)

Have one during the run! :)

I love the tequila jalapeno mustard we bought.

Hummm....I like different mustards....might try it.

98 bottles of Jose.........

Ninety sleven blottles....

EZMONEY
11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
SERIOUSLY ~ I have a killer tri-tip recipe using tequila

Karen31
11-25-2008, 08:49 PM
OK Gary!! You got me now!!! What is the recipe?? Will you post it?

BillBlueEyes
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Note to Bill: See location, I'm from WY. This miner has been drinking since she was a minor.

Wastin' away again in MargaritaVille
Lookin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a man to blame
But I know, that it's all Bill's fault.

Now ya got me thinking about food:

Nibblin on sponge cake
Watchin the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin my six-string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp they're beginnin to boil.

skinnyjenni
11-25-2008, 10:09 PM
speaking of tequila...

Tequila is the national beverage of Mexico, and usually consumed for celebrations. The Toltex Indians discovered tequila as a drink more than 200 years ago. Agave plants thrive in Tequila, Mexico where conditions such as altitude and climate are perfect for its growth. It takes the agave plant 8 to 10 years to mature and be ready for harvesting and distilling. To actually make the tequila, the green outer leaves are sliced off, leaving the large agave "pinas" or pineapples to be processed. The average worker can prepare only 200 plants a day because of the intense heat and the difficulty of the procedure. One plant can produce 5 bottles of tequila.:o

and some other random facts I chuckled about while trying to find more about tequila...

"Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.

Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.

The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie!

And for the fellow starwars fans:
In the movie The Phantom Menace, Darth Maul's voice was also dubbed over. (In Star Wars, James Earl Jones did Darth Vadar's voice.) Also, the actor who played Darth Maul had no previous acting experience. He is a stunt man who came to the set to show George Lucas what the fight scenes would look like. :devil:

EZMONEY
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
OK Gary!! You got me now!!! What is the recipe?? Will you post it?

I will just as soon as I can find it....promise!

EZMONEY
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
GOT IT ~ TASTY TEQUILA and TRI-TIP RECIPE

Plan ahead to marinate your tri-tip roast at least two hours before grilling time. The marinade contains tequila, sesame oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar, and garlic for optimum flavor.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:
3 to 4 pounds beef tri-tip with most fat trimmed off (a little on the bottom side is good)
3 Tbsp tequila
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Preparation:
Mix tequila, sesame oil, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and place in a large zip-top bag with tri-tip. Marinate at least two hours before desired grilling time.

Grilling Method: Pre-heat gas grill to 400 degrees F. Place meat on grill top-side down for 3-4 minutes for nice grill marks. Flip over and reduce heat slightly - close lid, if possible. To be prepared for flare-ups, keep an open beer by the grill and use as a 'fire extinguisher.' If no flare-ups occur, then enjoy the beer yourself! Cook for 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 135-140 degrees F. for medium. Slice thin and enjoy with a fine Cabernet Sauvignon.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Source: Steve Condon of KPBS
Reprinted with permission.

this is so good....ANGIE and I use a bit more tequila....wink

Karen31
11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Gosh, this sounds real good. I have saved it and will have to try it for sure. Thanks for posting it

EZMONEY
11-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Pictures for Bill from the Charger-Colts game.

My daughter in law and yours truly ~ My daughter with her game face on ~ ~ Ex-Patriot practicing game winner ;) ~ DIL cheering her team on

Operator265
11-25-2008, 11:29 PM
GOT IT ~ TASTY TEQUILA and TRI-TIP RECIPE

Plan ahead to marinate your tri-tip roast at least two hours before grilling time. The marinade contains tequila, sesame oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar, and garlic for optimum flavor.......

3 to 4 pounds beef tri-tip with most fat trimmed off (a little on the bottom side is good)
3 Tbsp tequila
2 Tbsp sesame oil

Cool:cool: cause that's where I'm having the most trouble trimming off my fat.;)

Its another tequila sunrise
Starin slowly cross the sky, said goodbye
He was just a hired hand
Workin on the dreams he planned to try
The days go by

EZMONEY
11-25-2008, 11:32 PM
as it says....a little on the bottom is good

BillBlueEyes
11-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Pictures for Bill from the Charger-Colts game.

My daughter in law and yours truly ~ My daughter with her game face on ~ ~ Ex-Patriot practicing game winner ;) ~ DIL cheering her team onGary - Thanks for the pictures. And I did track down the cheerleaders web site and found Nicole M. You're right - that's one fine looking California lady there.

I can see what you mean by the location of your seats. Great view of the players backsides, LOL. One can always listen to the radio to find out what's happening on the field.

Ruthxxx
11-26-2008, 05:51 AM
What the heck is a tri-tip roast? Ignorant Canuk needs to know.....not that much grilling is going to happen for a while. My BBQ is under 6" of snow and more is coming.

BillBlueEyes
11-26-2008, 05:51 AM
The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie!OK, so now this thread lives up to its reputation as an educational thread. So I can justify my time spent here, rather than, say, reading my Botany for Gardeners text.

BillBlueEyes
11-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Cool:cool: cause that's where I'm having the most trouble trimming off my fat.;) ROTFLMAO

Slashnl
11-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Kind of funny how active this thread can get with the mere mention of alcohol. I think I see a sparkle in Bill's eyes...

Ruthxxx
11-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Right now I could do with a pomegranate martini.

srmb60
11-26-2008, 09:13 AM
as it says....a little on the bottom is good

:rofl:

BillBlueEyes
11-26-2008, 09:14 AM
What the heck is a tri-tip roast? Ignorant Canuk needs to know.....not that much grilling is going to happen for a while. My BBQ is under 6" of snow and more is coming.Glad you asked, since I'd never heard of it and just assumed that it was part of Gary's imaginary world, LOL.

So, here's a link that I found. Doesn't mean that you'll ever see it in a store (since I haven't), but, if you buy a whole cow, you'll know where to find it.

http://www.beeffoodservice.com/cuts/Info.aspx?Code=48

srmb60
11-26-2008, 09:18 AM
...if you buy a whole cow...

I drive a sunfire. If I get a big package of toilet paper I can't get many groceries in the trunk.

Clydegirl
11-26-2008, 09:22 AM
There's a lot about cows I don't know.

bargoo
11-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Living in the promised land (California) tri tip is not hard to find and is a favorite either roasted in the oven or grilled outside on the barbecue.

alinnell
11-26-2008, 03:59 PM
I can't say that I've ever bought a tri-tip roast, but I do see them all over. I printed the recipe. It sounds great! I usually marinate and grill a flank steak. Yummy!

srmb60
11-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Supper is at Allison's! Who's coming?

alinnell
11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
I usually host Thanksgiving for 30...only 6 coming this year. I'm sure I'll have plenty if you want to stop by!

Be prepared for rain, though!

srmb60
11-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Rain beats heck outta what's falling here today!

EZMONEY
11-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Sorry I can't make Thanksgiving Allison....Angie and I are going to my ex-wife's.

Thanks Bargoo and Allison for verifying that we Californians have tri-tip at almost any grocer/Costco. Once again proving I am not nuts.

Yep Bill my DIL is a real cheerleader....we also can see the big jumbo TV's in the end zone as play is happening.

Angie marinates flank steak in teriyaki....yum

What is falling there Susan?

srmb60
11-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Snow! Wet glup! It's hovering right around freezing and it's just wet slop that I'll have to heave off my car in the morning.

bargoo
11-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Susan I was born and raised in Minnesota, I am familiar with that white stuff that falls ouf of the sky.....that is why I live in California.

BillBlueEyes
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Warm and sunny in the Boston area.

Rainy in the promised land (Southern California).

Wet junk in South Western Ontario.

hmmm... methinks I'll stay here. One guest is bringing roasted root vegetables - and DW is making corn bread stuffing. My sole job is to cut up some string beans and to clean up enough of my stuff so that the house is presentable.

EZMONEY
11-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I will be making scalloped potatoes, Angie will bake the spiral ham that we will take to ex-wife's.

First we are doing a 5K with the mutts....some of Angie's students may walk with us.....she hopes they run.....wink

Operator265
11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Sorry I can't make Thanksgiving Allison....Angie and I are going to my ex-wife's.

Thanks Bargoo and Allison for verifying that we Californians have tri-tip at almost any grocer/Costco. Once again proving I am not nuts.

Yep Bill my DIL is a real cheerleader....we also can see the big jumbo TV's in the end zone as play is happening.

Angie marinates flank steak in teriyaki....yum

What is falling there Susan?

You still gotta way to go, Sweety!:crazy:

EZMONEY
11-26-2008, 09:37 PM
You still gotta way to go, Sweety!:crazy:

pot calling the kettle black

Operator265
11-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Pot Meets Kettle

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn110/lkboevers/blackkettle.jpg

srmb60
11-27-2008, 05:14 AM
That is the cutest cartoon! Love it!

EZMONEY
11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Happy Thanksgiving all of my United States friends

Looks like Angie and I will be doing our Turkey Trot in the rain maybe

Heavy rains expected here for the next 1 2/2 hrs ~ race time is a little less than 2 hours away

BillBlueEyes
11-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

To all the sane folks who only have to worry about overeating, as well as to all those who plan to trot in the rain, LOL.

It's clear, sunny, and pleasant (a mite chilly) in the Boston area. We have been cold and rainy in the past and all dreamed of living in paradise (described in this thread as Southern California) - so thanks for reminding us that even paradise has rain.

P.S. Thanks to all the California growers for California Navel Oranges. DW won't allow them into the house until Thanksgiving ("They're not ready yet!") but now we just love them until they're gone.

BillBlueEyes
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to any minors in Wyoming (or ex-pats with WY longings) reading this thread. We still consider WY part of the United States - even admiring that the frontier spirit lives on.

EZMONEY
11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
We will be hammered by that rain for the next couple of hours....tornado type warnings have eased but much rain expected at race time...we shall see

then it moves out towards Allison in the desert and we will have a sunny afternoon..paradise

EZMONEY
11-27-2008, 09:07 AM
WY is where we place the MA KETTLE'S of the world

bargoo
11-27-2008, 09:12 AM
[quote=BillBlueEyes;2471583]Warm and sunny in the Boston area.

Rainy in the promised land (Southern California).

It rains in Northern California, too , but you don't have to shovel it. I spent two weeks in Massachusetts for my job in early December, some time ago. I arrived in Boston in a heavy snowfall at night and was expected to drive a rental car to Concord. For the next two weeks I had to drive to work in the snow. I was glad to get back to California!

bargoo
11-27-2008, 09:21 AM
[quote=BillBlueEyes;2471864]

It's clear, sunny, and pleasant (a mite chilly) in the Boston area. We have been cold and rainy in the past and all dreamed of living in paradise (described in this thread as Southern California) - so thanks for reminding us that even paradise has rain[/quote

Excuse me ! Paradise is Northern California.! Paradise, Ca located near Chico, Ca. Don't let Southern Californians deceive you!

Clydegirl
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Turkey's in the oven, pies are made. I love the smells of Thanksgiving.

Everyone is home and it's a lovely sunny day, wee bit chilly but will warm up into the 50's.

Operator265
11-27-2008, 02:09 PM
WY is where we place the MA KETTLE'S of the world

One of my favorite quotes was in an old movie by Ma Kettle:

"I used to have an hour glass figure, then the sands shifted."

I have to start graves tonight and I just don't really have the oomph to go over to the relatives, eat and shoot off for work tonight.:stress: Hopefully, this year the brats in my house will actually leave some of the leftovers they bring for me alone until I get a chance to eat them.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

:turkey:

srmb60
11-27-2008, 08:03 PM
6 hours! Had to pop in.

Everybody having a good Thanksgiving?

EZMONEY
11-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Yep, my Thanksgiving was awesome.

Angie and I had a great TURKEY TROT this morning, were able to avoid the rain, get in over 4 miles of exercise, have coffee, see friends, make a bunch of kids :) by allowing them to pet the spoiled ones ;)

Went to my ex-wife's house for amazing food and visits with family and friends. We all brought dishes.

We will all be eating leftovers for nights and days....

turkey, spiral ham, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, yams, rolls, 2 different cranberry dishes, salad, cherry, apple and pecan pies, pumpkin rolls, lefse, wine and beer ;)

The best part was that most of these dishes were not made the traditional ways....which sometimes makes me :mad: but new ways, less calories, and they were great!

I limited my portions but I know I was over....

so what! :)

bargoo
11-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Only someone of Norwegian heritage knows what lefse is, that would be me a member of the Klovstad family in Kongsberg, Norway. Wish I had some lefse, now. Uff Da!!!

BillBlueEyes
11-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Apparently, only the descendants of Norway will continue to know unless someone Googles it for the rest of us, to discover that lefse is a flat bread made from potatoes, per:

http://www.lefsetime.com/all_about_lefse/lefse_recipes.php

[Note to self: Seem like I have to do all the work around here]

EZMONEY
11-28-2008, 10:02 AM
BARGOO! You would make my ex-sister in law very happy! She is called the Lefse Diva around here. She makes it for the holidays and also makes it and.... demonstrates how to make it for 2 days...each year at the Viking Festival, for the Sons of Norway, that my ex-wife belongs to. Angie and I do a lot of the BBQ'ing at the festival.

Haven't been to the FISH CLUB for a while...sure miss those shots of Aquavit! WHAMMO!

bargoo
11-28-2008, 10:02 AM
You are right. Bill and there is an art to making it. I have never tried it. My cousin in Norway starts making it in September for Christmas.

bargoo
11-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Gary, your ex SIL and you might be intersted in a interesting also very funny web page started by some LA lawyers who are half-Norwegian on the mother's side. www.lawzone.com/half-nor/

alinnell
11-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Bill, your wife is right about oranges not being "ready" until mid-November. While we don't have an orange tree, we do have a Mandarin tangerine and we never pick them until Thanksgiving.

For those who are interested--my flank steak marinade. I found it on the internet years ago, thought it was from Lawry's, but when I go back there, it isn't to be found. So I have no idea who to credit for this.

In a large zip lock bag, combine the following:

1/2 tsp pepper
1 T parsley
3 T garlic
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1 T cilantro
2 T soy sauce
4 T vegetable oil
1 large flank steak

Marinate for at least 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade. Grill stead on medium for about 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) and slice against grain into 1/4 inch slices to serve.

This goes really good with Hot Crash Potatoes.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151504

EZMONEY
11-28-2008, 11:42 AM
HA! Thanks BARGOO

I love the Fish Club...although as I said Angie and I haven't been in about 6 months...but nothing like hanging out eating awesome fish dishes, bread, potatoes and veggies....having a few beers and shots of aquavit while watching club members do their "viking skits"

EZMONEY
11-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks Allison...Angie makes her potatoes just like that (except she just cuts them up...no mashing) or bakes them with Lipton's onion soup mix when we do flank steak.

bargoo
11-28-2008, 11:56 AM
When in Norway my cousin invited us to dinner, she served reindeer, and a cloudberry dessert, both delicous! No lefse, though.

Clydegirl
11-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Those potatoes look really good.

I will definetly make those.

Operator265
11-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey, Bill!!! If you didn't want the job of Research Administrator, you shouldn't have applied here!!!

BillBlueEyes
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
When in Norway my cousin invited us to dinner, she served reindeer, and a cloudberry dessert, both delicous! No lefse, though.

For a picture of a cloudberry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudberry, and here's a snipit of their text:

Cloudberry
The cloudberry (Rubus chamaemorus), also called bakeapple in Newfoundland and Labrador, Cape Breton Island and southern Nova Scotia, is a slow-growing alpine or sub-Arctic species of Rubus, producing amber-colored edible fruit. The botanical name (chamæmorus) derives from the Greek khamai ("on the ground") and moros ("mulberry"). Cloudberry is the name for both the plant and the fruit. Cloudberry should not be confused with salmonberry, although the fruit looks similar.

The cloudberry grows to 10-25 cm high. The leaves alternate between having 5 and 7 soft, handlike lobes on straight, branchless stalks. After pollination, the white (sometimes reddish-tipped) flowers form raspberry-sized berries. Encapsulating between 5 and 25 drupelets, each fruit is initially pale red, ripening into an amber colour in early autumn.

Distribution and ecology

Cloudberries occur naturally throughout the Northern Hemisphere from 78°N, south to about 55°N, and very scattered south to 44°N mainly in mountainous areas. In Europe and Asia, they grow in the Nordic countries, especially in Finland and much in the Baltic states; sometimes in the moorlands of Britain and Ireland, and across northern Russia east to the Pacific Ocean. Small populations are also found further south, as a botanical vestige of the Ice Ages; it is found in Germany's Weser and Elbe valleys, where it is under legal protection. In North America, cloudberries grow wild across most of Canada / Alaska, and in the lower 48 states of the United States in northern Minnesota, New Hampshire, Maine, and a small population on Long Island, New York.

[Note to self: Not only do I have to do all the work around here, I must patiently listen to the background noise. Patiently. Without comment.]

srmb60
11-28-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm going to a Santa Claus parade!

EZMONEY
11-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm going to a Santa Claus parade!

:sssh: don't tell BILL....he may make us write a report on it :sssh:

Clydegirl
11-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Bill what would we do without you?

BillBlueEyes
11-28-2008, 08:04 PM
He's making a list
He's checking it twice
He's gonna find out
Who's naughty or nice

Santa Claus is comin' to town . . .

He sees you when you are sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake
Don't for one minute Gary think that you aren't on his list.

And you too, Operator, and Bargoo. Anyway, I'm telling.

But all you nice posters are on the other list and will all get Wii's for Christmas and Taza stone ground organic chocolate.

Karen31
11-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I'll be good!!!

Operator265
11-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Good girls get a present under the tree on Christmas Day. Bad girls get presents all year long!!!

bargoo
11-28-2008, 09:55 PM
"When I'm good I'm very good. but when I'm bad I'm better." Mae West

Operator265
11-28-2008, 09:57 PM
And snotty little tattlers get tied up with Christmas ribbon and stuffed into a closet until Cinco de Mayo, when they are used as the pinata!!!

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Stuffing me with all that candy just wasn't right

BillBlueEyes
11-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Which brings up an important question - if there are Sugar Daddies, how come Sugar Mommies are never mentioned?

And, if they exist, how do I find one?

(I mean in theory. Just to be prepared for any future.)

Hattie22
11-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Hey...and how were there sugar babies if there were no mommies?

Ruthxxx
11-29-2008, 08:27 AM
I love Mae West. "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" :rofl:

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Which brings up an important question - if there are Sugar Daddies, how come Sugar Mommies are never mentioned?

BILL, I have been trying to find the answer to that one for years....everytime I ask Angie she just slaps me down!

And, if they exist, how do I find one?

(I mean in theory. Just to be prepared for any future.)

Hey...and how were there sugar babies if there were no mommies?

Looks like we got a keeper here!

I love Mae West. "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" :rofl:

As Angie would say..."knowing Gary, it was his hands"

Ruthxxx
11-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I love that Angie! She tells it like it is - or does she?

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I love that Angie! She tells it like it is - or does she?

RUTH ~I will say the same thing I say to Angie when she "checks" up on me here...."Babe, I'm not lying!"....her usual reply.."No, I guess not... but you sure embellish a lot!" ;)

Ruthxxx
11-29-2008, 09:10 AM
"embellish"! I've been caught on that before. Now, before I get into having to censor my own posts, I'll just leave and get on with my day!

srmb60
11-29-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't lie or embellish but I often add meat and details that make a story a whole lot funnier.

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 09:16 AM
"embellish"! I've been caught on that before. Now, before I get into having to censor my own posts, I'll just leave and get on with my day!

That might be best for both of us ;)

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't lie or embellish but I often add meat and details that make a story a whole lot funnier.

I bet you were real popular at dances...TWIST!

srmb60
11-29-2008, 09:26 AM
DH and I won a twist contest once. (1982)

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I twisted my resume to "catch" ANG...she wanted a non-smoker...I didn't mention I was one

bargoo
11-29-2008, 09:49 AM
And she married you anyway, an admitted liar and smoker!

Hattie22
11-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I used to be a liar. Lie in bed..Lie on floor..lie on couch..lie in the grass. hehe

Slashnl
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Whew, I had a lot to catch up on after the Thanksgiving holiday! All those bits of wisdom and trivia. I missed it all...

Back to being on the good/bad list for Santa. My Mom bought my daughter a shirt that said: Dear Santa... I can explain.

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
And she married you anyway, an admitted liar and smoker!

Now BARGOO that is still a sore spot with her to this day. She says I lied...I say I just never told her...she never asked. In her personal she listed non-smoking and dancer as qualities she was looking for...I didn't dance (too well) either.

I kept it from her for 3 months...how? I will never know...she can smell smoke a mile away.

You shoulda been there when I told her!...whew...glad I lived through that :mad: STARE!! :mad:

EZMONEY
11-29-2008, 12:51 PM
but to remind everyone...I have not smoked for over 11 years...thanks to ANGIE!!

She is worth way more than a pack of Winstons!

BillBlueEyes
11-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Remind me - what is the topic under discussion?

As Yogi Bera would have said, "You can't be off-topic unless there is one."

bargoo
11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Gary, congratulations on quitting smoling.Just think of all the money you have saved. And improved your health, too.I am a quitter, too , haven't smoked in over 30 years.

Operator265
11-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Remind me - what is the topic under discussion?

As Yogi Bera would have said, "You can't be off-topic unless there is one."

Topic? What do mean, Topic? This is Threadkiller!!! We don't need no stinking Topic!

bargoo
11-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Topic? What do mean, Topic? This is Threadkiller!!! We don't need no stinking Topic!
topic, schmopic ..... I agree with Operator , who wants a thread that makes sense?

Slashnl
11-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Bill... You CAN'T handle a topic!!!

Operator265
11-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Advertisement
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150458
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152002

Now, all together in one easy location, the complete boxed addition of "ThreadKiller", Thread's 1&2. For all of those who aren't quite sure what "It" is all about and the original players who just want to relive the past and figure out how in the **** this came to be a 3FC staple.

Place your orders today!!!

BillBlueEyes
11-30-2008, 12:55 PM

[ Reminder to self: Pappy always said, "Never argue with a lady during her TOANFO."

822 to go.

EZMONEY
11-30-2008, 04:44 PM
I haven't seen Angie since "TWILIGHT"

alinnell
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Serious eye candy, that Edward. Angie and I are on his TEAM!

srmb60
12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Seriously close to 24 hours people!

Allison is waaay to nice to be a killer of any kind.

alinnell
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Me? A killer? What?

srmb60
12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
We can't allow someone as nice as you to be the thread killer ... so I posted after you.

I might be a killer ... bwahahaha ....

bargoo
12-02-2008, 12:44 PM
And ruin my record, No Way!!!

alinnell
12-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, it was rather quiet in here yesterday. I almost double posted to say "where did everyone go?"

Slashnl
12-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I had planned to post after Allison, but I forgot to go back. Senility isn't for the faint of heart.

alinnell
12-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Is sure sucks getting old, doesn't it?

srmb60
12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh I meant to respond to that dementia post and forgot ....

Operator265
12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Seriously close to 24 hours people!

Allison is waaay to nice to be a killer of any kind.

Thank you for the save Susan!:hug: I mean, comon folks, I can't do this all by myself. Shiftworker here, remember.;)

Well, at least I didn't have to slap Bill around for trying to institute a bunch of new rules in my absence. :kickbutt: I mean really--a dress code, topic requirement, "do your research". What's next? Sit up straight, wrists held high, feet flat on the floor.:dz: NO WAY!!!:snooty:

OK. Gotta get back to the housework.:mad:

Uhhhh, CRAP!!! Now what was I in the middle of doing before coming here???:?:
And, BTW, where am I and who are you people???:spin:

alinnell
12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
If we have to sit up straight to do this job, I don't want it.

bargoo
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
And what about "no chewing gum"....Puhleeze!!!!

alinnell
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
OMG, will they let us eat at our desks?

Operator265
12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
And no sentences that end with an "E".

BillBlueEyes
12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Come on people, we need more posts. By my calculation it'll be Christmas before we reach 500.

And, if we don't stay on topic, we can expect our dear thread to be CLOSED by the powers that be.

[Trying to recall the topic.]

alinnell
12-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Topic. Tropic. Oh, to be sitting on the beach drinking a margarita now.

Oh, yeah, that's it--tequila!

Operator265
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Alrighty then!!! It's

PARTY TIME!!!:hat:

One shot...Hey! Mas Tequila-
Two shots...Hey! Hey! que veneno-
Three shots...Hey! Arriba! Hey! Hey! Hey! Mas Tequila!
WOO!!!

Gotta love Sammy Hagar!
Not only the song, but owns a canteena and creates his own brand of tequila. Now that's dedication to a cause.

cbmare
12-02-2008, 07:54 PM
And no sentences that end with an "E".

What is it with the "E"'s around here today. There's a no "E" rule in the song thread, too!

Operator265
12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
What is it with the "E"'s around here today. There's a no "E" rule in the song thread, too!

I know. That's the joke.;)

WebRover
12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, now that no one cares why they haven't seen Tri-tip roasts in their local grocery, I can post the alternate names you may see instead without being concerned that I'm upsetting the balance of the thread by sticking to a TOPIC.

Beef tri-tip:
Other Names: Whole: Bottom sirloin butt, corner cut, knuckle cap, punta en triángulo (Spanish), Santa Maria barbecue, sirloin triangle muscle, triangle roast, triangle tip. Steaks: Coulotte steak, triangle steak.

However, I've never seen any of these names. It's part of the sirloin or round. It's popular in California.

And there's a picture here: http://www.chow.com/ingredients/257 and lots more information.

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Now that we are talking tri-tip and tequila again...I will come back!

Allison, Angie said she definitely will be on the team with you and Edward...whatever that means.

Operator265
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
It means you need to start growing some really thick awesome hair now too draw Angie's attention away.

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
It means you need to start growing some really thick awesome hair now too draw Angie's attention away.

You do know it has pretty much quit growing on my head don't you?

BillBlueEyes
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, now that no one cares why they haven't seen Tri-tip roasts in their local grocery, I can post the alternate names you may see instead without being concerned that I'm upsetting the balance of the thread by sticking to a TOPIC.My heroine! Yay for WebRover for setting an example of dedication, research, sticking to the topic, and, if I may add, ending a sentence with a 'C' (which isn't an 'e').

This is the tri-tip steak thread.

[Just wondering: Can you say butt on this thread?]

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 10:02 PM
No you can't BILL...butt you can say other stuff.

srmb60
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Yes, you can say butt. But can I end a sentence with a 'c'? Yes ....

I'll have another tequila, hic!

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
There she goes again....bad mouthing our hillbilly chicks.

srmb60
12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Surely you don't mean me??? I do not bad mouth! If I talk behind your back it's incredibly clever and well said.

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 10:21 PM
my ears are burning

Operator265
12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
You do know it has pretty much quit growing on my head don't you?

Oh well. I guess you'll have to improvise.:shrug:

Can you manage a pit hair comb over?

Operator265
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
my ears are burning

Well fine then. Use ear hair. Whatever.

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Only if I can use my Right Guard as my gel.

EZMONEY
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
ok...wax then for gel

Operator265
12-03-2008, 05:10 AM
Maybe you can find some beauty college student to do a Right Guard Wash and Set.

BillBlueEyes
12-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Or a full Brazilian on top and be done with it forever.

Slashnl
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Or a full Brazilian on top and be done with it forever.

That has nothing to do with the topic.

Unless you get a full Brazilian on top (not sure about that), while eating tri tip and drinking tequila.

But, Bill, you are the enforcer of the rules around here... you decide.

alinnell
12-03-2008, 12:00 PM
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila...FLOOR!

Gary, while Edward is nice, I think Angie and I would have issues with the actor himself--he went through a period of not washing his hair. For like a month. Ewww.

But maybe he does it so he doesn't go bald. Anyone want to experiment with that?

ForeverLove
12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, if there is going to be any mention of edward/robert pattinson in a thread i want in! (his hair is pretty sexy, but i wouldnt want to touch it or smell it) haha. theres a new mexican restaurant by my house, delicious margaritas! and something called a twister which is half margarita half...some peach stuff..yummmmm.

bargoo
12-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I have been to Senor Frog's in Mazatlan , Mexico one of the waiters dances with a large Margarita on his head!
I swear, I saw it with my own two eyes.

alinnell
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I was there--I saw him, too!

EZMONEY
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Speaking of Mexican food...

My top 3 Favorites

#1 Cheese enchiladas

#2 Chili colorado burrito

#3 Beef taco

ForeverLove
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
i like grilled chicken burritos mmmmm

Operator265
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Tamales and Chili Rejanos.

srmb60
12-03-2008, 11:40 PM
corona?

Operator265
12-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Don't forget the lime.

srmb60
12-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Ah yes, we like lime!

luvmyinnerdemon
12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Ha this thread is fun! What about robert pattison? I thought twlight was aweosme, yes i read the book,but you obviouly couldnt stick all of it into a movie, we would have been there for days! I cant wait for new moon!

So funny story, we up on the mountain, and i notied it was a bit icy. I went to tell my boyfriend and it went something like this:

"Eric watch out theres.... *i slip and fall and crash*....ice

Operator265
12-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Bring on the ice. We'll use it for the Margaritas.

luvmyinnerdemon
12-04-2008, 01:39 AM
make mine a lemon drop

Operator265
12-04-2008, 01:44 AM
If there's no tequila in it, you have to BYOB.

srmb60
12-04-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm addicted to scramble ....

Operator265
12-04-2008, 01:51 AM
What's "scramble"?

luvmyinnerdemon
12-04-2008, 01:53 AM
well if im BYOB is there anything i can pick up at the store for anyone?

srmb60
12-04-2008, 01:59 AM
a facebook word game ... and I lied ... I'm addicted to scramble, word challenge, pathwords and work twist.

luvmyinnerdemon
12-04-2008, 02:01 AM
oh yeah word twist has me to!

srmb60
12-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Love it!

I'll play ya in the morning.

luvmyinnerdemon
12-04-2008, 02:13 AM
hmm maybe, depends on the kiddos look for me!

BillBlueEyes
12-04-2008, 06:42 AM
I have been to Senor Frog's in Mazatlan , Mexico one of the waiters dances with a large Margarita on his head!
I swear, I saw it with my own two eyes.

Why certainly bargoo.

[ Note to self: good grief ]

That has nothing to do with the topic.

Unless you get a full Brazilian on top (not sure about that), while eating tri tip and drinking tequila.

But, Bill, you are the enforcer of the rules around here... you decide.

I decree BillBlueEyes to be on topic, by Operator's (rather low) standard that "We don't need no stinking topic."

ForeverLove
12-04-2008, 09:01 AM
oohhh nothing about robert pattinson except that he is beautiful, and i loved the movie because i didnt expect it to be exactly like the book, so when it wasnt i didnt freaaaaaak out. haha

i wish i didnt have to go to bed so early so i could actually talk to all of you over there on the west coast :( i have a friend in tempe who LOVES to call me at 3 AM because she forgets that is late here. ugh.

anyways, i really want to see a waiter dance around with a giant margarita on his head...i would like to see robert pattinson do that actually...

and is word twist the same as text twist?

Clydegirl
12-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I changed my weight to reflect what it actually is this morning :(

Up, up, up.

ForeverLove
12-04-2008, 09:38 AM
aw man :( it will go down though!

srmb60
12-04-2008, 09:47 AM
text twist, word twist, word challenge ... all the same kinda jumble thing

ForeverLove
12-04-2008, 10:16 AM
sweet. i wish i could play right now, but theres a strict no online games at work policy lol

srmb60
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
My work is the same. I just have to work away and dream of playing when I get home ;)

Slashnl
12-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I changed my weight to reflect what it actually is this morning :(

Up, up, up.

Have a tequila. It'll make things better.

Karen31
12-04-2008, 11:15 AM
It's snowing here and 8 degrees!! Please pass the Tequila!!

alinnell
12-04-2008, 11:23 AM
If you have a strict no games at work rule, you need to start your own business. Then you can play all day (like me).

Twilight~Jasper? What was he ON?

I'd think that at that temperature a hot toddy would do you better, Karen. It's 53 here this morning, but don't feel like tequila. I'll take the corona with lime or a Pacifico.

Operator265
12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
by Operator's (rather low) standard [/I]

Standards. What Standard's!

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING STANDARDS!!!

:tantrum::bomb::tantrum:

Karen31
12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Could do with a hot chocolate and peppermint schnaaps!! YUMMY!!

Operator265
12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I'd think that at that temperature a hot toddy would do you better, Karen. It's 53 here this morning, but don't feel like tequila. I'll take the corona with lime or a Pacifico.

I just finished off a six pack of Pacifico yesterday that was left over from T-day. Nice thing about the holidays is that the X comes to visit and I get to have REAL BEER.:D

alinnell
12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I just finished off a six pack of Pacifico yesterday that was left over from T-day. Nice thing about the holidays is that the X comes to visit and I get to have REAL BEER.:D

Yeah, you can't get the real stuff in Utah (or can you in a liquor store--I can't remember).