General chatter - Your Nicknames you can't stand!!!

View Full Version : Your Nicknames you can't stand!!!

meldogml84
11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Ok each person has to think of their nicknames that you have ever had and pick the one that is your least favorite and post it!!! I am curious to see what kind of nicknames people have:carrot:

Mine = Monie .... Like the song "Monie Monie"

I can't seem to live this one down!! It is unneccasary and it is from when I was an infant "moaning" in my crib. Geez thanks dad!

raw23
11-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I hate "Becky."

One guy started calling me "Chewbacca" because it sounds like Rebecca... I mean, really?

My last name (I wont tell) but it's an animal, so I'd get that animal's noise called out to me. Not in a mean way, just guys trying to get my attention. I know that's not a nickname. But annoying, still.

Moonlight Mistress
11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
My first name is Sarah and my maiden name was Ferguson....Yeah.

So I got called Fergie and The Duchess A LOT. I'm 25 and I've been called that since I can remember by random people who recognize the name (The Duchess of York). I've always hated it....even after the singer Fergie came out and made the nick name kinda cool. I was so glad the day I got married.

My little sister has called me Oley since she was a about 5. She says it's because one day I was screaming "Oil of Olay" over and over for God only knows what reason (I don't remember this at all, but I would have been around 12 or 13 at the time and I always do weird crap that that all the time, so I guess it happened). She called me Olay for a little while but it eventually morphed into Oley and she's called me that ever since.
I like this nick name though. I want my nephews (her babies) to call me Aunt Oley when they start to talk.

luvja
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
My name is Sherri.
The most thing that annoys me is when people start singing "SHERRRRRRI, SHERRRRI BABY" This nurse where I work sings it everytime she see's me. It never fails.

My best friend calls me Sherbear. I don't mind that so much.

ForeverLove
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
ugh my name is Randi and everyone for god knows what reason calls me Randall. if i was a dude, i would have no problem with it, but uhhh i'm not.

paniania
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
I sort of have two different names depending on whether someone is speaking to me in English or in Polish.

In English, my name is AnnMarie. Ugh, I hate when people call me just Ann / Annie / Anna or any shortened version of my name. Worse is when people randomly make up things that sound similar. It's amazing the number of MaryAnne's and even RoseMary's that I've gotten.

In Polish, my name is AnnaMaria, but that is just too formal since we Polish people tend to use diminutives of everything, so I just go by Ania. A further diminutive of that is Anka and it drives me batty when someone calls me that. That's what my dad used to call me when I was getting in trouble!

alinnell
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I worked at a record store many years ago and one of the guys started calling me the B**** (rhymes with witch). It was all in fun, and actually I kind of liked that.

My name is Allison and most of my friends call me Al. One calls me Fred and another calls me Bert (you know, Alfred and Albert). Someone once called me Sally.

All of those are fine.

I hate being called Allie.

Optical Goddess
11-19-2008, 04:03 PM
My name is Nicole.

I get called Cole, Coley, Nicoletta, Nicolio, Nikkinakka....

and the one I cannot stand; Nikki.

Only my grandma can get away with that.

PackersBearFan
11-19-2008, 04:07 PM
The one nickname that I absolutely cannot stand is Pete.
My da thinks it's loads of fun to call me Pete and my brother Repeat.

What's worse is when you've cut your hair very short and are dressed in a baggy sweater that makes people question your gender...

ronni62
11-19-2008, 04:15 PM
My real name is Rhonda, so we had an adult neighbor growing up who always called me Rounder (yes, I was overweight then, too). I really hated that-I mean, how mean can an adult male be to call a little girl that:mad: I still can't stand my name. And, please, no Beach Boys songs..........Help me!

CandyKisses0204
11-19-2008, 04:28 PM
My name is courtney and the one thing i despise beign called is Corky! UGH it reminds me of a horse. I get called court or nini. My niece and nephew call me auntie rae (my middle name is rae)

Oh yea and my bf knows that my mom wanted to name me Bernadette so often he will call me Bernie and that makes me feel like an old woman. The only Bernie i know is like 90 yrs old.

DRose
11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
My name is Danielle and I'm not too fond of people calling me Dani. I liked it back in middle school but I'm a bit old for that now.

And also, this isn't a nickname, but I can't stand when people pronounce my name Daniel. Daniel is a man's name, which I am not. I mean honestly, Danielle isn't even an unusual name.

cbmare
11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I dated a guy who decided to call me "Maffy". I don't know where he got that name. He was a twin and his brother was dating a girl named Candy. He thought that name was cheap so he started calling her April.

Glad I didn't get mixed up with that family. How judgemental.

Mudlucious
11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
My name is Melissa... so naturally I get Missy or used to alot. I really don't like it. Now my other nickname (which had had several variations for the past 14 years) is Mud... which I don't mind at all, go figure.

dixied
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
My first name is Dyan, which is pronouced "Diane", however I'm always getting called Dylan, Dionne, Ryan, and once Darren.

Middle name is Dee, (which I prefer), however that leads to "Dee Dee". Which is fine if you are a elderly family member or other old person that remembers me from when I was very young. I also let the little kids in my family get away with that because it's easy for them to say.

However for my mom, I also answer to: Gertrude Petunia, Gertrude McGillicuddy, and muskrat.

I know the origin of the muskrat nickname; my Dad wanted me to be his "gopher" one day (you know, go-for-this, go-for-that). I told his I didn't want to be a gopher, I wanted to be a muskrat. I don't have a clue where mom came up with the other ones, but I've answered to them for 35+ years.

Operator265
11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I had been Gertrude, Gertie and Gravel Gert to my mom. I don't know. Maybe it's something about the age they lived in.

FrouFrou
11-19-2008, 09:42 PM
No nns for me...someone did try, or rather called me Cris once...never did again, lol. I really despise nn's for some reason.

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
my name is patricia and don't mind being call trish or tricia...but how it urkes me when someone calles me pat or patty. Especially patty. Pat reminds me of androgenous pat from SNL days. And patty is just dumb..reminds me of peppermint patty.

JulieJ08
11-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Someone once called me Sally.

Sally is traditionally a nickname for Sarah. Something I never knew until I did genealogy. Same with Polly for Mary.

mazza
11-20-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't have any nicknames I can't stand - but I do have nicknames... like 'cookie' from my mum, or - my dad used to call me "pollito" (pronounced 'posh ito' in our home country [ in south america ], or 'poyito' in spain). It means baby chicken, or chick I guess, in spanish. I like them though.. so I don't think it counts for this thread.

Edit: P o s h i t o is one word, but it got censored because of the 4 middle letters.

lizziep
11-20-2008, 02:02 AM
lets see- I'm an Elizabeth- and i've had every variation of my name. I was called Lizard a lot, didn't mind too much even wound up getting a lizard tattoo. i didn't like Lizard Breath though. Dizzy Lizzie was another one i didn't enjoy. My little brother always called me sissy when he was a baby- and my grandpa changed it to sissy britches which i hated most of all.
my last name sort of rhymed with bird sh** though and i got called that a lot in high school. not funny.
Now I'm just Liz or Lizzie - it does annoy me when people do Lizzy though. I don't know what difference it makes. lol.

Shopaholic1204
11-20-2008, 02:09 AM
I hate being called Fran. OMFG!! I hate it so much!!! This one boy in school used to call me San FRANsico. He thought it was so funny. Ugh.

Franny, Francie and of course, my actual name Frances is soooooo much better.

Oh..and someon called me Frankie once. Um NO!! That is my grandpa's & uncle's name.

weezerloo
11-20-2008, 05:18 AM
For some reason, when my step-dad started dating and then married my mom, he came up with the nickname Weezer for me (this was before Steel Magnolias and the band of the same name). That's what I've been called ever since. I guess I wear it as a badge of honor (hence my name on 3FC), but when I've asked where that name came from, they said I just looked like a weezer. I don't know quite how to take that... ;)

vealcalf2000
11-20-2008, 06:22 AM
I used to work at a car dealership and one year managment got us all car racing jackets with our names. My office manager was very careful to spell my name for them to make sure they got it right "C-R-I-S-T-Y" so about a week later we get or jackets and guess what mine says???....CRISPY! From then on I was referred to as "Crispy Critter" and because I had big 80's hair it morphed into "Critter Head" (thanks Greg for coming up w/that one!)

MonteCristo
11-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Toni Balogna. Ugh!!

ETA: My real name is Antonia.

TJFitnessDiva
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
It's not really NN's that bother me, it's people trying to pronounce my name and then decide the way they said it is what they are going to call me even after I tell them how to say it....gotta love when they take a letter out and put another in lol

My name is Tanee ;) The worst is Tawny, ugh

meldogml84
11-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I used to work at a car dealership and one year managment got us all car racing jackets with our names. My office manager was very careful to spell my name for them to make sure they got it right "C-R-I-S-T-Y" so about a week later we get or jackets and guess what mine says???....CRISPY! From then on I was referred to as "Crispy Critter" and because I had big 80's hair it morphed into "Critter Head" (thanks Greg for coming up w/that one!)

This one made me laugh!:)

Circebee
11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
My first name is Emilia, so I get Em and Emmie, mostly. But growing up, my darling dad graced me with "The Pest", "The P" for short. Every once in a while, someone tilts their head and asks, thoughtfully, "Hey- remember 'Emmie the P'"? Nope, I don't- I have spent years blocking it out, thank you very much.

shantroy
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
My name is Shannon, which my parents purposely chose b/c it couldn't be shortened. Well everyone with the exception of the CEO of my company and my parents calls me Shan. Which I prefer to Shannon.

The sales team in my office calls me Tweedster. I made the mistake of mentioning that Shannon came from Shannon Tweed. I also happended to be wearing a pair of tweed pants as I told them this. Tweedster has stuck. (On a side note my boss once introduced me to a client as Shannon Tweed. You should have seen the look on the client's face LOL)

A family friend calls me Shiner, my mom calls me Shanz, my dad calls me lassy and there are 3 people on the face of the earth allowed to call me Shanny.

For some reason my uncle calls me Shannon-troy (troy is my middle name). My brother will on occasion call me sistey uggler, but usually only when he's trying to p!ss me off.

EZMONEY
11-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I hope you aren't offended by the NN's I give some of you....

vealcalf2000
11-21-2008, 07:32 PM
This one made me laugh!:)

Thanks! It actually makes me laugh too!!! That Mgr Greg was kind of cute too so I didn't mind him calling me Critter Head!

schmalger
11-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Let's see...

"Stuff" - HATE it (still get it from my father all the time, and occasionally from my brother)

"Snuffleupagus" - Loved him, but hated the nickname

"Droopy" - Popular in high school because I was always so down or withdrawn (I never minded that one too much)

"Sam" - My fave (thanks DH)

My most common one is my shortened name (the first half of my real name). It absolutely never bothers me among family, but I always notice when others use it, and for some reason it feels a little too familiar when someone I barely know shortens my name like that. lol

"Gourd head" - Yeah, my head is not that freakin' big okay. But it still makes me laugh. (Thanks to DH again...) :)

meldogml84
11-24-2008, 12:14 PM
"Gourd head" - Yeah, my head is not that freakin' big okay. But it still makes me laugh. (Thanks to DH again...) :)

HAHA!!!...my "big head" one is: "Big Dome" or just "Dome" I dont think my head is that big either!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot one "Dome~a~licious" ...this one makes me laugh LOL!

kelly315
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Kelly Belly :(