Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #63

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #63

RosieKate
11-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Hello & :welcome:to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season!
:turkey::happ3::turkey::happ3::turkey:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

:coffee:

RosieKate
11-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all the good thoughts..MIL's angiogram went very well. They could not find any blockages...so NO surgery! Yay! They did find a little heart disease, but not enough to do anything about, so she'll need to work on lifestyle to prevent the spread, I guess. She said," I imagine my cardiologist is going to want a little chat with me!"

I ate like it was going out of style yesterday, so today it is time to get back on the wagon!

Have a great day, everyone!

Sassy_Chick
11-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Morning all, notice I did not put "Good" in that!! lol

Its just been a bad morning..............:(

It was going fine and then..............the flood gates opened..........and by that I mean my lovely freaking "visitor" if you wanna call her that, she is more like a permanent resident!!! :mad: Anyways, she came back in Hurricane force this morning and could she wait until I got home from work? Oh no.............she had to do it right before I was to get off of work!

So I go to the bathroom and to be nice it was not pretty. Basically it looked like a murder scene and I had forgotten to bring my phone. I brought pads, but didn't bring the phone because I figured it would be ok.......huh NOTTT!

So I have to clean myself up the best I can with TP and of course you think anybody would have been in the bathroom that I could have yelled at to go and get my coworker for me? UM NO! So I clean up the best I can and then go scurrying back to my desk to get my change of undies I keep in my drawer, (TG I do!!!) and go back to the bathroom and change and clean up...........

This was all on my last break and of course I was late getting back, but that isn't what peed me off. I inform my coworker that I "may or may not" be in tonight. (Depends on how um everything is going) and she says, "WHY?" UGH. And yes she knew what had happened, because I told her when I came back for my stuff. I dunno I guess it is totally stupid to get mad at her for that, but I did. lol.

I guess I really was not mad at her, but I can't really yell at my period!!! lol. I didn't say anything to my coworker though, but I began to cry (felt so stupid) and she came over to ask what was wrong and all I could say was, "please leave me alone" I had to say it like 3 x's but she got the message and I was not mean about it (or at least I don't think I was???) so I dunno. I am just SO frustrated with this freaking period! It has been this way since day one of my period and as I get older, the worse it gets! The only things they can do for me is either A) put me on the pill or B) do a hysterectomy and those won't work since DH and I want children.............

Everytime I call the drs office up they always tell me to go straight to the ER because of how much blood I lost. Well I do that and the ER doesn't do freaking crap! So its a waste of my time and money!!! :tantrum:

So that is why I am feeling the way I am in a "nutshell" lol.

I did email my boss and told him about me being late for my last break (just told him it was a personal medical problem, didn't wanna say um I bled all over the place.....:rolleyes:) and I also asked him if there was any way possible for me to be off tonight, I know its last minute, but I figured I would ask him, heck all he can say is no, right? But my coworker will be there, so really there is no reason for me not to be able to be off. Yes I could call off, but that counts against me. If he lets me off, then it doesn't. Confusing I know.......but our freaking co. is anal about attendance...........

Well I am going to bed now..........

Thanks for listening and thank you all for your wonderful compliments and also for making me feel better after reading them...........

:hug:

Update: My boss left me a voice mail stating that yes I can be off tonight, so I don't have to go back until Sunday Night because tonight would have been my Friday!!!!! YAY!!! :cheer3:

Shopaholic1204
11-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Katy~Thats good about your MIL!! Well, not about the heart disease though :(

Sassy~Ugh..I've had that happen to me before. I was in school, and bled through everything..I had to walk around with my friend's sweater around my waist for the rest of the day. Sorry!! I hope you feel better :hug: Have you talked to your doc about the heavy periods?? Dont go to the ER, cuz they dont really do crap except give you meds..but talk to your doc.

Mom2Gaby
11-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Good Morning -

Sassy - :hug: sounds like you need some extra time off, I am glad your supervisor agreed too! Take it easy.

Mindee- Gaby loves her 1 blanket that she has since she was a new born, it is the blanket that Angie made for her.....that and her Dora pillow. My older sister kept her white blankie the longest, ended up just being the size of a hankie. lol

Katy - Great news about your MIL!! Thanks for the new thread :)

Francie - how did the hair turn out?

:wave: hello to the rest of you ladies .....Cristina, Jules, Sue, Asia, Tammy, Kristi, Pippy!

It is a beautiful day here in Astoria. I have been driving around looking for rentals and found one to call on, actually I did but it was just a message machine. It is right across from the Flavel house, I would love to live there, just walk out your door and have all this history around you.

Piggy couple of days for me but I am hovering below 145 ...I still need to get back on track. Really I am just tired of the whole thing....lol

Drama w/ Gaby's father and of course we aren't surprised. Actually I am but my ex husband says I a gullible......and whatever.

k- not in a cheerful mood obviously so I shall wish you all a wonderful Tuesday and check back in one my nose is back on straight. :D

Shopaholic1204
11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Susan~LOL!! I didnt straighten my hair last night..so when I woke up this morning, it looked like a birds nest!! LOL!!!

FrouFrou
11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello...

Susan...forgot you were looking to move, what is wrong with the place you are in now? Can't remember...Sorry the ex is a pain in the arse.

Katy...yes, thank you for starting the new thread. And that is wonderful news about your MIL.

Tammy...how did the wedding go?

Sassy...glad the boss let you off.

Hiya Francie, and everyone else.

Not in such a great mood...been a little blah and pissy for a few days. I have been getting my exercise in...only thing that keeps me sane right now. I've got in all my exercise for the day...90 minutes, but I am going to take a walk outdoors anyway, once it warms a little more. Just liking walking outside...clears the mind and good for the soul.

Have a good Tuesday!

Mom2Gaby
11-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Lets all be pissy together Cristina!!!

Francie - I bought some conditioner from Deals Only that was $1.99. Finese...without the complete label on it...thinking that is why they sold it cheap but I swear I can't even comb the dang thing now.

I look horrible!! Hard to believe,,,but yes,,,it is true. lol

Crsitina - I can't afford $800 a month, I was planning on moving in the summer but not sure if I can last that long. I have an $8000 PERS thing I thought of cashing in (course I won't get near that amount cashing in early but still...anything would help). Also school and work are in Astoria.

oops, work in 15 minutes!! And I need to change in my uniform :yikes:

adios.

Shopaholic1204
11-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Susan~OMG!!! That is horrible!!! LoL!! Stop using it.

Well..my toilet is broken!!!!!!!!! I have no effin clue what is wrong with it. First it wasnt filling up..so I looked at the tank to see what I can do..and I swear, that is the weirdest looking thing ever. Its not like anything I've ever seen before. I did something to it, and now it fills up. But the damn thing still wont flush!!! I have noooooooooo clue what else to do!!! And the sucky thing is..I didnt realize it wouldnt flush until AFTER I went, lol. So now I have until Fonzo gets home. But whatever..he's the EN, he should be able to fix it.

tommysgirl18
11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
popping in here while I can.......today is my long day since Tommy has his Lodge night.

My house smells nice and good......I just made some more apple crisp and it just got done! I have been so busy since I got up this morning. I actually fell back to sleep when I sat down to watch the weather channel this morning to see what it is going to be like today. I woke up roughly an hour later and kind of had to scurry to get the boys up, Brandon changed and got them a tuna fish sandwich per their request. Then I got Marissa up since she fell back to sleep like I did! Now all is quiet on this end, so I am hoping that they are taking naps!

I am not sure about dinner.....Logan threw a fit for ot dogs as he calls them, last night.....so I pulled a pack out in case he wanted them tonight. I might pop in one of my frozen pizza's and call it a night.

I am not sure if I mentioned this here or not, but I am looking into going to school. I got information from a local college about their online programs, so if I find one that peaks my interest and I get in, then I am going to be doing the whole program online. And I think the area that has peaked my interest, at least recently it has, has been medical transcription/medical billing. And if that is the one I go with, I think they have some companies who will let you do it from home. If I can get into the college, get my degree, and get hired by one of those places I will feel like I am contributing more since I will be bringing in some money to help with things around here!

tommysgirl18
11-18-2008, 02:56 PM
oops! forgot to do my personals in my last post.

Katy~ Thanks for starting a new thread! that is such great news to hear about your MIL and her not needing surgery!

Francie~ Have you tried calling the office manager to have them send over a maintenance person? That is what we do when something in our apartment isn't working.

Sassy~ I hope you can get every thing under control, and yay for having tonight off!!!

SuzieQ~ I have a blanket and a puppy that were my brothers before he passed away. I have the blanket some where, and Marissa has the puppy in her crib. I tried giving it to the boys, but they didn't want it. I put it in Marissa's crib and when I was cleaning out her crib one day, I pulled out the puppy and put it with a couple of other things that she didn't want in her crib anymore. She walked up behind me, stood next to the bed, grabbed the puppy and walked over to her crib. I asked her if she wanted it in her bed still, and she gave me a smile from ear to ear and then handed it to me.

FrouFrou
11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Checking back before signing off...

Susan...gotcha...couldn't remember if you mentioned it or not, I am sure you did...just my memory is gone I swear. Hoping you find a place close that you love!

Francie...sorry about the toilet.

Gotta run...have a good day :wave:

tommysgirl18
11-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Cristina~ How are you doing?

just about to make dinner.....the kids want hot dogs, so it is looking like hot dogs and maybe some rice for them.

suetalks
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Just have a minute...but wanted to say to Mindee- My DD has her own transcription business from home. She wanted to be home when her kids were in school so took an at home course and went to work for another lady. When the gal wanted to sell DD bought her out. It has allowed her to stay home and now her son is 22 and her daughter graduates this year. She says she hasn't made big bucks, but certainly has helped out their family. Plus she really likes it. If she needs to go to an appointment or her church duties she can take time off...she just works later that night. :) Way back then I think the home study course cost her around $500 used from another transcriptionist. Then the lady she worked for taught her a lot. This is medical...and she has also worked for a hospital at home. Just FYI...there are some companies that hire online, be careful and screen them well.

Okay...done now. Haha. Actually I have been sick again today and was in my chair most of the day. I drank lots of green mint tea and ate soup. Now I am off to bed. Talk to you all later.

tommysgirl18
11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I thought I would stop back in here before I head off to bed.

Sue~ Thanks for that information! I have thought about doing this for some time now, but I think I am going to bite the bullet so to speak and take the plunge. I will be able to still go to school and do my homework and such, while still being a mom and taking care of the kids and being here when Brandon gets on and off the bus.

Shopaholic1204
11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
So okay..Fonzo came home yesterday and fixed the toilet. Turns out something came loose. Anyhoo..so then late last night at like 11:30pm..it gets all clogged!! And guess what? We dont have a effin plunger!! Ugh!!!!!!! Fonzo fixed it by using a wire hanger..lol. I dont even know how he did it, lol. But whatever..its fixed for now. I hate that damn bathroom.

OH..we bought Wall-E last night. I just love that movie. It's so sweet, and I totally cried again while watching it, lol.

Sassy_Chick
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Morning all. :coffee:

Well I feel like all I have done is sleep!! lol. But I have to admit that I feel better! ;)

Francie -- DH bought Wall-E too, have not watched it yet though! don't worry I know what the ER does -- not a dang thing! lol. I need to call and make an appt. with a dr. Problem is my dr left the state.......UGH don't ya hate that? Esp "those kind of drs"? lol.

Suzy Q -- Thanks yes I am thankful that my boss let me off. I texted my coworker but she never got back to me. Guess she is p.oed at me. Oh well, can't make everybody happy now can we? :shrug: lol. We need to look at some rentals cuz I am sure tired of living in this dump! lol. Guess I should be thankful at least it is warm and keeps the weather out, well most the time at least! lol.

Cristina -- Sorry to hear your in a pissy mood. I was yesterday morning for sure! lol. But I feel like I had good reason! lol. I slept mine off, I hope you are happier today! ;)

Sue -- Sorry to hear you are sick. That is not fun! I hope you feel better babe! ;)

Mindee -- Thanks chick. ;) Reading what Sue responded to you, my friend and coworker took some course in transcription too and she does that on the "side". Yeah this chick has like 3 or 4 jobs, I have lost count. lol. I am like I can barely get through the one!!! lol. Good Luck!

Have a Great Day Everybody!!!

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/925/925061smgudkmbb6.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Mindee...did the kids like the hot dogs? Working from home is a great idea!

Francie...glad you guys got the toilet fixed. Bet you are excited about the movie! I saw on one of those talk shows about all the kiddies going to see Twilight.

Sassy...yeah, guess I don't really have a reason to be in a pissy mood, just am.

Nothing new with me...have things to do this morning and afternoon. Did half my walk about 30 minutes ago and will do the other half after 1:30. Also have a dvd to do which I will do later too...busy day so not sure when I will do it but will get it done for sure! Then I'll jump on the treadmill for a few minutes to finish it off...might be up 'til midnight doing exercise but I will get it done...have a goal to make by Jan 1 and I plan on doing it.

Have a good day

tommysgirl18
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
nothing new on my end.......Tommy is helping a guy from work today doing his brake lines after work. so it will be me and the kids for dinner. I am going to make spaghetti and garlic bread! then there is usually some left over so that will be Tommy's dinner when he gets home.

Oh yeah! I stepped on the scale this morning and I made it to 227.4!!!!!

Sassy~ Thanks for the good luck!

off to putz around online for a little bit.

Mom2Gaby
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Good Morning,

I have to still call on that rental, amazing how there is no phone booths anymore to use. It is too ealry when I leave the apt to call .....like 7:30am and I hate to go home just to make a phone call. I feel like I will be stuck there doing chores. lol

Some good news is my training on late discharge has been changed to 8am to 4:30 ((instead of 11 to 7:30))because the lady who needs to train me is still being trained herself....so, I get to go and learn the ealry part of the shift for the next 2 weeks. yada, yada.

Ate 2 bowls of navy beans soup and a plate of roast beef at work. Feel like like a pig, especially since I took great pleasure in eating a fatty piece of the roast beef....I mean , it was like all fat....lol, dang tastey though.

I'll do indy's later when I get some of these errands done!

Hope you all have a good Wednesday.

FrouFrou
11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Mindee...we just had spaghetti and garlic bread Monday!

Susan...yay to the new hours, I think?! Is that better for you & Gaby? Forgot to mention...THANK YOU for doing a great job with the Christmas Gift Exchange...appreciate it! :thanks:

Okay, I am outta here...want to go walk or do something while I wait for this dumbo. They are doing a virtual tour for the house and couldn't give me a definite time..just sometime between 12 & 1. Better get...chat later.

tommysgirl18
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
SuzieQ~ that is great about the hour change!! yahoo!!!

Cristina~ It seems like I am switching dinner ideas with people. Last week on Tuesday, we had ring bologna.......my parents had that the week before. And now you guys had spaghetti on Monday and we are having it tonight.

suetalks
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
We also had Spaghetti and meatballs, Monday I believe. Soup last night and pork chops tonight.

I am not getting any exercise in since I still feel yucky, but sure not eating much either. Yesterday I had an upset stomach and severe headache. Today the tummy is still protesting, but the headache is gone.

Had to run to the grocery store for a few things, but otherwise I am headed back to my recliner with my "blankie" for a rest.

Nothing much going on here...winter blahs maybe. :)

tommysgirl18
11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Sue~ I hope you start to feel better soon!

I forget what we had on Monday.....oh wait, we had parmesian chicken, chicken stuffing and sour cream and chive mashed potatoes. last night was hot dogs for the kids, then cheese pizza for them, and then I had a supreme pizza.

my tummy has been wishy washy since last night so I really haven't been able to eat much.

FrouFrou
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Checking back while I have a few minutes to waste.

Guy came and did the virtual tour thing. I didn't know he had planned on doing every room in the house, oops! He didn't...I wouldn't let him do DD & DS's...was picture ready for sure. But he did say the house shows well and I did a nice job with the decorating...made my day. To me my house is just my house, nothing special. Guess we just get used to it...still don't think it's nice, just home. But he made my day :) And...more good news...keeping my fingers crossed. :crossed: I was headed out the door for the other half of my walk and go a call...I got a call for a job interview, yay! I think, lol. Was wondering if anyone was ever going to call me...almost came close to applying at McDonalds! Just want to work...does that seem weird? I do though, just want to get out of the house and meet people and actually do something-make my own money. Anyway...

Sue...sorry you are feeling bad. Lots of hugs to you and hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Mindee...supreme pizza sounds good right now. I had some leftover pork sausage pizza yesterday. Guess in my old age I am letting go and eating the leftovers now. Not sure what is for dinner tonight...thinking the hubby is going to take me out because we have nothing in the house other than bread and peanut butter. And we are going to look at a house as soon as he gets home and showers.

Susan...how is your day going missy? I was quite the little piggy yesterday...this is what a pissy mood does to me, makes me eat, ugh! You know though, navy beans sound good about now...with a little bit of ham, mmm. Thinking I will get some tomorrow when i buy groceries, have some beans w/cornbread.

Hello to everyone else...Francie, Katy, Jules, Tammy, Kristi, Asia, Sassy and anyone I missed. Hope you ladies are having a good day.

Better get going, V will be home in a few.

Mom2Gaby
11-19-2008, 04:40 PM
oops, thanks for the reminder Cristina...here is the list from the previous thread.

Again (ya, we are beating a horse to death, violent people in that BIK group.....) we were aiming for Dec 1st to mail out a $5 gift to our Christmas Exchange Lady Person Member...thingie. Whatever you call it.

And Tammy & Asia hope you ladies see the list in time :clause::clause:

:present::mrsclaus::present::mrsclaus::present:

Asia will send a gift to Cristina
Cristina will send a gift to Jules
Jules will send a gift to Sassy
Sassy will send a gift to Susan
Susan will send a gift to Tammy
Tammy will send a gift to Asia

Mom2Gaby
11-19-2008, 04:50 PM
I must say that I didn't sit there and eat 2 bowls of soup and a plate of roast beef all at once. I had some self control.....lol . I had a bowl of soup for lunch and I was going to have a bowl of soup for dinner but when I saw the roast beef and fat dripping in front of my eyes I lost it and ordered everything.

Though you know.....I wasn't that bad...cause one lady sat down w/ 2 pieces of pie! Not that I was noticing....lol.

Sue- hope you are feeling better!

Cristina - I love soups and the hospital makes some good ones. Bean soup was w/ ham and celery. I am fine, days go by so fast! I need to rush and pick up Gaby now from school. :BRAVO: on your house video thingie....whatever it is called. I have seen them on other homes....ewww. do you mean we can go on line now and see your place?? That would be fun. lol

Mindee- :wave:

ok, I am tired. I like the 8 to 4:30 hours it kind of gets the day over w/ fast instead of waiting til 11. Course I will have to get use to the 11 to 7:30 soon enough. I do like the work though, it is interesting and the ladies I work w/ are nice.

k- better get, hi to everyone!

Shopaholic1204
11-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Sassy~Well..my docs tend to get deployed, so I always have to switch doc every now & then, lol. But now that I'm seeing a civilian doc, that wont be happening..lol.

Cristina~I'm going to see Twilight twice!! I already have my tickets for midnight..then again for 10pm later friday night, lol.

OoO..we had spaghetti & meatballs last night, lol. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!! Really really filling. I'm super proud of myself for making it, lol.

jules1216
11-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Francie--hubby is handy like that, I always tell him it's why and stay with him--he fixes my car, chops wood and plows snow...what more could I want.....hmmmmm...

Susan--I like soups too. I usually make a pot on Sundays with a loaf of bread in the breadmaker. Hubby's fave is lentil, Teri's is potato and Ry's is french onion which I never have made but he does. I like them all. Nobody at my house likes split pea but me. It's a cheap meal that lasts. I made a cabbage "weightloss" soup that was pretty good a few weeks ago--hubby wants it again.

Cristina--boy, it seems like you just moved in...have you been looking at houses to move too? I could see you working at a bookstore or Bath & Body or even a retail store. With your attention to detail you'd be great!!

Mindee--good luck with the classes, wtg on the loss!!

Sue--I am getting sneezy again and have a little headache myself. My coworkers have been teasing me that I must be getting sick since I have been wearing sweaters--I usually have a shortsleeved shirt on with the fan blowing.

Sassy--I keep hoping for the onset of menopause!!!! My female parts doctor retired--his partner delivered Ry so it's been a long time--he removed my ovary due to a cyst and was with me through my miscarriage and a few other procedures due to very painful TOM's -- I don't wanna find another but I need to start looking myself.

Well my brown rice is ready--hi to everyone else!!

Have a great night!!

Sassy_Chick
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi all.

Well I feel like crap. I dunno what the problem is whether it is hormonal or what, but I am sweating like a pig and feel awful! I know gross right?! I am going to do some searching tomorrow for an ob/gyn and get this problem fixed because it is ridiculous! lol.

Jules -- I hope its not pre-menopause for me as I still want children but PCOS, the lovely and wonderful disease I have can "mimick" pre-menopause....I know yay me, right? lol. Anywho. I am gonna do some searching, that is for sure!

Francie -- Aww! Deployed wow yeah I have no reason to complain now do I? lol. Hope you find one that stays put. ;)

Cristina -- Aww we all go through that every once in a while, I sure hope you feel happier soon. :hug:

Suzy Q - I love roastbeef.....:drool: I had a roast beef sub from subway the other day, was pretty good. ;)

Sue -- Well guess we are in the same boat, both feeling like crap. lol. I hope you feel better!

tommysgirl18
11-19-2008, 10:12 PM
well, my tummy has been really wishy washy since last night, so I stepped back on the scale after I got out of the bath and I was 225.8. It isn't that I am not eating, because trust me, I am. I am not sure what it is....but I will take it as a loss.

oh, we ended up having meatless spaghetti because I forgot to pull some out. it was still good anyways!

suetalks
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Feeling so much better tonight. I sure don't know where the nausea came from.

Jules- I am always in a sweater or sweatshirt now. Funny, because since my hysterectomy I have been overheated most of the time. Hope the sneezes don't get you down.

Francie- Your hair looks so cute. Enjoy Twilight. I just found out my DD has read those books and loved them.

Mindee- Hope you are able to take the classes. I think working from home is so cool. DS in CA and step-son have their own biz and work from home. I guess a good portion of people in CA do that. My younger DD tried it too, but she is such a people person and had no kids at home..she needed to get out into an office setting.

Cristina- Hope you liked the house you looked at. Are you going smaller or just different area? DH has joked about selling this house and building again...but he knows I would not be happy. He actually would hate to leave his nice workshop.

Susan- Good luck on finding another rental. I am amazed at the cost of rentals around the country. I am so glad that you are happy with the job. It is nice to enjoy the people you work with also.

Sassy- Hope you are feeling okay and enjoying your longer days off. Nice of your boss to ok that. Thanks for the hugs...I am better tonight.

Katy, Tammy, Asia....Hi to all.

I ended up not making pork chops tonight, but sausage, fried potatoes, green beans and biscuits. I actually was able to eat, but keep it to a minimum.
I love soup too ladies and could eat it every day. I wish DH liked it better. My problem is the bread or crackers that I want with it...usually with peanut butter or cheese. LOL.

Have to go to the dermatologist tomorrow. Ugh...hate that he checks every square inch of my body. But, oh well, just so he doesn't find another cancerous area. I do not want to be cut on again. Plus...his office is cold and I have to strip. LOL. I am going to take a heavy cardigan and wear it until he comes into the room...I swear I am.

Have a happy Thursday friends.

suetalks
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Sassy- Sorry you are sick again. You really MUST find a doctor missy.

Shopaholic1204
11-20-2008, 02:07 AM
HELP!!!! I'M ADDICTED TO MYSPACE APPS!!!!!!!

LoL!!

Seriously..I did nothing all day but play Sorority Life, Fashion Wars, Mafia, Vampires, & Pirates. I need to get a life asap!! LoL!!

Also..I'm going to see Twilight T-O-N-I-G-H-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tommysgirl18
11-20-2008, 05:24 PM
dropping back in here quickly......

nothing really new on my end.

Sue~ It is good to hear that you were able to eat. Your dinner sounds yummy! we are having breakfast here.....eggs, hash browns, and bacon.

Francie~ I was the same way, but I scaled back on some of the ones I have on there!

suetalks
11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks Mindee- I am even better today. Although I hated going to the Dr. Good news though. He didn't find anymore suspicious moles, so didn't have to cut on me this time. Go back in 6 months and if I get an all clear I can go back to one year visits.

Other than that we had gotten news last week that our offer in Vegas was rejected. Then yesterday, a notice that the price was lowered on the condo we were interested in. So, today we submitted a new offer. *fingers crossed* that this one is accepted.

DH went to the grocery store for me today..yay, so that job is done for the week. Laundry is done, house is clean, well semi-clean. Tomorrow is lunch out and not much else.

Have a good Friday ladies.

Shopaholic1204
11-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Soooooooooo I just got back from watching Twilight. I have to say..I liked the book a lot better, lol!!

Sassy_Chick
11-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Morning. :coffee:

I am going to attempt to get some cleaning done today as well baking cookies (not for me for a friend). So we shall see. Here lately I have done a whole lot of nothing. :(

:hug: to all.

10:19 AM EST:

Where is everybody?? Sleeping in today? Working hard??? lol

Well.........I finished cleaning the bathroom.....:cp:

I was gonna start laundry then thought that is silly when I would have to do DH's scrubs when he comes home too. So I'm waitin on that! ;) So all I have to do left on "my list" is the cookies. I may try to get some other things tidied up a bit, but I am not killing myself! lol.

I hope you all are doing well!!!!

Big :hug:

P.S. -- I truly love the song by Trace Adkins, "You're gonna miss this".......only sharing!!!! ;)

For Francie, Was just looking and came across this one, not sure if you have it or even like it:

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1214/1214354b5zr5qtbuk.png (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Shopaholic1204
11-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Sassy~Thanks!! I love it!! LoL!! And its true, lol. What kind of cookies will you make??

Nothing else is going on with me. OH YA..I lied..ITS FREAKING SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well..it was..it seemed to have slowed down now, lol.

FrouFrou
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Hello...

Francie...did you see the movie? Or is that tonight, can't remember? Snow? Ugh, don't say that word please! It was so nice Wednesday and then yesterday so freakin' cold, brrrr! Same today...I am not ready for winter and I definitely don't want any snow!

Mindee...hope your stomache has settled.

Sue...have you heard any news on the condo in Vegas?

Susan...how's it going at work?

Hiya Jules, Katy, Asia, Tammy, Kristi

Well, I don't know how much exercise I will get in, if any...getting lazy and I hate that. Yesterday I started the day off with 30 minutes on the treadmill and planned on doing the BL once I finished...time got away from me so then planned to do it after errands. Got back and got busy with other things and never got any more exercise in. Not sure about today...haven't done anything yet. I will force myself to though, even if it is just an hour. Funny how the weather makes a difference in my exercise and motivation. Need to just suck it up and get it done!

Eating wasn't so great yesterday either. Haven't had any water in the last two days. Okay, I take that back...I am working on my 1st 32 ounces for today. And the eating is better today.

That's about all I have...working on decorating the house for Christmas today. Did some yesterday and the plan is to just take my time and do it over a few days, rather than try to do it all in one day like I normally did.

Chat later...adios chickies :wave:

Shopaholic1204
11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Cristina~Ya, I saw it last night..And I'm see it AGAIN tonight, lol. And I love snow!! Snow snow snow snow..LoL!!!

tommysgirl18
11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
popping in here while I have a chance!

I put Brandon on the bus, and finally got to meet his girlfriend Alexis. He had to sit next to her and when his bus driver mentioned her name, I asked if she was the Lexi in the class or if she was the Alexis in the class. I looked at Brandon and he immediately became really shy and was hiding his face, so I knew that she was the Alexis in the class.

I came back to come into the house, and Logan locked the screen door on me! I had to get our friend that works here to open the door for me so that I could get in. I gave Logan the option of going to take a nap or going with me to the office and then to the dumpster. He gave me an attitude, so off to take a nap her went, and off to the office and dumpster I went. he still isn't napping, but at least now he isn't screaming!

Tommy has to help a guy from our complex finish moving his stuff tomorrow, and then we will be home bound since we don't have any money to do anything.

Sassy_Chick
11-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Hello..........

Francie -- I am making Chocolate Chip.......

Cristina -- That is great. I was just sharing because I like the song and thought it had a good message, esp with Thanksgiving coming up......:hug:

Mindee -- Aww that was cute with Brandon and his gf. lol. Glad you were able to get into your house!

:hug: everybody!!!

FrouFrou
11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Back again for a few...

Francie...no snow, no snow, no snow, lol. Enjoy the movie again!

Mindee...too cute about Brandon & Alexis.

Okay, didn't really have anything to say...just procrastinating.

Have a good day/weekend!

Sassy_Chick
11-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Hola All :wave:

How is everybody this fine Friday Evening??? :D I hope you are well!!! ;) My DH is taking me out. :) So I am just waiting for him to get home........

I didn't get to the cookies, but they won't take long at all..........I got sucked into watching a movie.........lol. Ah well. Life moves on, right? :lol:

Well I hope you all enjoy your Friday Evening/Night and have a Wonderful Weekend!!!! :D

tommysgirl18
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
nothing new around here......Tommy went to a friend from works house to hang out and basically blow off some steam from work. Marissa is trying to avoid going to sleep, which isn't any thing new.

I told Tommy that I got to meet Alexis today. He then asked Brandon if I embarrassed him and Brandon told him that I did. I told Tommy that all I did was ask their bus driver which Alexis she was, and then it went from there.

I ended up making some peanut butter cookies this afternoon, and surprisingly they are still mostly there. I think Brandon was the only one that had one so far.

Tommy is helping a guy from the complex finish moving out his stuff tomorrow. so it will be me and the kids around here again. I almost had to push Tommy out of the house tonight to go spend time with his friends from work. He kept saying that he wanted to stay home and spend time with me. I told him that since I see him every day, granted he sees them every day, but here is a chance to go out and enjoy himself and not have to buy any thing in order to have fun.

suetalks
11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Like Mindee I pushed my DH into going to "play" tonight. He never goes out much, but they were playing cards at the Legion and I told him he needed to go see his cronies. Actually, I didn't want to cook and just wanted to chill out, so that was my ulterior motive. LOL.

Nothing else new here. Haven't heard about the offer yet. :( It is cold and has been spitting snow. UGH....

tommysgirl18
11-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Sue~ I really did have an ulterior motive for him going out......but like your DH, Tommy never goes out that often by himself to hang out. So, I felt like I was having to shove him out the door. Eventually he got convinced enough to go out and have some fun, and he apparently is, since he isn't home yet.

RosieKate
11-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Not much going for me today...I'm off to the gym soon, then the kids go to haircuts this afternoon. We are having a bday dinner at the IL's tonight so I don't have to cook dinner - yay!

Working on a new knit-for-hire...so I'll probably load up my ipod and work on that this afternoon. I also need to bake cupcakes for DS. He's taking a birthday treat to robotics tomorrow. He's turning 12 on Monday---already !?

Have a great day, everyone!

suetalks
11-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh Katy...I remember when my DS turned 12. Enjoy every minute of it. They do grow up so quickly.

Mindee- My DH got home rather early...around 10ish. I was surprised. He doesn't drink much, and not at all when driving, so I guess the other guys went into the bar after cards and he came home. Man, not like the days when we were young and partying. LOL..

Sassy- Hope you and your DH had a nice night out. I also love that song. It always makes me think of when my girls left home for some reason...and now they have grown kids.

Cristina- How is the house hunting? I was just in a model home here this morning to a bazaar. Our neighbor/developer built a Thomas Kinkade type house and it is so neat inside. Lots of details. Not what I would want, I'm more traditional. But it is charming. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Francie- Hope you enjoyed the movie for the second time. :) No snow NO snow NO snow.... :hug:

SusyQ where are you? Are you like car 54? Hope all is well and good.

It was 18 degrees this a.m. and I hate it. Mom and I walked to the model home for a bazaar at 10. Just wanted to be neighborly. Nothing going on today for me. Just some picking up and cleaning a little. I might bake a pie for mom and DH. I don't like fruit pies, so no temptation.

DH is in the shop building a dining table for us to take to Vegas...when we get a condo. He already built 2 end tables and started on nightstands too. Our van will be loaded to the max. :)

I am staying around the same 2 pounds...up and down, as usual. If I would exercise I know I could go down, but I keep finding reasons not to...don't we all? (except our Cristina) Lots of stress right now in the family, and I hate that it happens around the holidays. And I hate that it is beyond my control...I like to have a handle on things, and this is not mine to handle. Grrr.
My bad habit then is eating too much, then not eating at all....ugh.

Okay, enough of me whining. I am going to go back a pie.

FrouFrou
11-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Hello ladies...

Again, nothing going on...same old stuff, different day.

Haven't exercised today but I WILL eventually before the day is over, for sure! I didnt yesterday. Unless of course you count climbing up and down the stairs about 20 or so times.

Almost done with the christmas decorating...just have the big tree to do and then of course some outside. Not doing much outside at all...nothing like last year.

Sue...that is great that your hubby is so handy with building furniture. You must be one pride wifey. He does quality work for sure and it will last forever...and it's nice too!

Katy...12 already eh? They do grow up fast don't they? Have a nice dinner with the il's. Love the new avatar!

Mindee...funny how we have to almost push the guys out the door, lol. Forgot to say :bravo: on the loss! That is great news!

Susan...hoping all is well with you missy.

Francie...how was the movie last night?

Tammy, Kristi, Jules, Asia...thinking of you ladies and hoping all is well with you all.

Hiya Sassy :wave:

Guess I will so lurk a little and get to doing something. V is going to work about 2'ish and I will get some exercise in then. I never seem to get anything done when he is home for some reason.

Almost forgot...today was WI and I am up a pound to 184. Knew it wouldn't be good, but not so bad...not as bad as I thought with the stress eating I've been doing. Did much better yesterday and today started off good. Getting my water in too. And...

I have decided to back out of the challenge. I always set myself up for failure when I put a time limit/frame on losing. And with the holidays, ugh! Too much stuff going on. Not saying that I am going to just forget everything and pig out every day...I will be watching what I eat and getting the exercise, I just won't be concentrating on the numbers on the scale. Okay, going to change my stats.

Have a great day/weekend all! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Sue- what is car 54?? Never heard of that.....
I like the enough of my whining, I am going to make a pie...lol brrrrrrr to the 18 degree weather!

Cristina - I love the new avatar! You alwyas pick some of the cutest ones. I am up on the scale to 145, just can't seem to get it down further, always wants to creep back up *sigh.

Katy - I like the new picture of you! Did you hold the camera out and snap yourself?? You are so smart. I am *hoping* to get some new ones on line this week w/ a disc when I develop the film. I am probably the last person on earth who doesn't have a digital camera,,,haha.
I sooo cannot believe your son is 12 already....wow, times flies.

Mindee- Did Tommy ever come home? I think it is good for both of you to get out among your peers, you should get a girls night out now!

Sassy - So did you and DH go out and have fun??

Francie - Rebecca went and saw Twilight the other night. I guess her and her best friend stood in line for 5 hours to be the first ones in the theatre....something crazy like that. She has been reading the books but didn't say anything about the movie. She went and saw some Bond one tonight.

k- bb in a bit.

Mom2Gaby
11-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I am back.

Had to go find out what car 54 meant,,,lol...didn't think it was some nasty slang ((not coming from Sue :) ) but was curious. So, Car 54, where are you? was some early 60's sitcom. One of the first shows I remember is Adam-12......or was that Dragnet?? Anyway , some police show.

So, the scale is back up. If I can just maintain I will be happy. It just feels hard w a new job and schedule to get in a routine, plus added stress doesn't help. Course life is always going to be like that. Not sure what the answer is but to keep trying everyday to eat healthy.

I worked Thursday and Friday. I won't go back to work now til Tuesday. Gaby and I drove in this morning and are staying at the ex's tonight. It is his birthday so Gaby whined for a cake (he wanted pie) and to decorate everything in pink (we ended up w/ blue and green colors).

I did take Gaby and Rach to see Bolt, which was a cute movie.

Also took the car in for a oil change to JiffyLube. I stuck to the $19.99 sale.....they wanted to sell me an air filter and transmission fluid. I just said...."that's ok, my boyfriend can do that stuff"........I told that to Rach and she said "you have a boyfriend???"
She is so slow......no I don't have a boyfriend.....but if the men in these auto places think you have a guy around they back off,,,, ...something like that......anyway, whatever......course Mr Jiffylube was kind of cute....I should have said "air filter??......like what is that for?? can't I just wash it myself and stick it back in??"
Actually........why can't I do that? duh -lol

There is an opening in the central supply dept at work.....I was thinking of applying,,,,,or should I wait for my 90 day probation period to be over with? It pays alittle more and is full time....the housekeeping position is 72 hours a pay period.

anyway, I might tinker around on the computer for a bit and go to bed.

You all have a good night!

Sassy_Chick
11-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Well Good BBBBRRRRR :brr: Early Morning All!! :coffee:

It is a lovely 19 degrees F, that is - 7.2 C. So brrrrrr!!! :brr: I know that isn't as chilly as some places, but still pretty chilly to me! lol. I think its time to break out the long johns and the cocoa!!! lol.

Yesterday (Sat.) DH and I was out all day long, shopping. Linens N' Things are going out of business so we went there and they had some good deals, then we got the stuff we needed for T'giving. Then we even battled Wal-Mart............Lemme tell ya I felt like breaking out the football gear and painting those black lines under my eyes! lol. It felt like we were trying to make a football play! lol. I'd tell DH what we needed then he would go and get it and bring it back. lol. Its like go long, go long.........lol. Anyways we kept our humor about it until that is I was at the self-check out at Wally World. DH went to Subway to get some dinner for us and I tell ya I was about to lose it! :tantrum: First of all I have to say I have absolutely no fingernails, nill, none. lol. Secondly, those BLEEPING plastic bags are about impossible to get apart!!! So here I am standing there for about 10 minutes to try to get ONE flipping bag open!!! GRRRRR!!! I was soooooo over it!!! lol I was like no wonder we should go green, it is easier!!!! I FINALLY got the bags open, after battling and a bit of um "encouragement" lol. There WERE (keyword = WERE) people behind me and I was thinking, "I DARE you to say one word to me!!!" lol. Needless to say, after me battling, they um moved on!!! :rofl: Now I can look back on it and laugh, but at the time I was about to totally lose it! lol. I was like I have went ALL day long battling people and it takes PLASTIC bags to make me almost lose it??? :rofl: Too funny!!!

And um no I still have not got the cookies done...........:rolleyes: I am so over it. :p Then I have to flippin' make a flippin' apple pie.........FIL requested one especially from me, which totally ticked my mil off. :lol: I dunno what it is but since day one she has always been very competitive with me with baked goods. :rofl: Hilarious.

I wouldn't mind baking so much if we had a decent kitchen and not a "barbies dream house" kitchen. :lol: Not even dream house, more like "barbies trailer kitchen" :rofl: But DH said that when he goes to 3rds, which will be in 3 weeks (he will now be on 2nds for two weeks) then we can begin looking at some places. HALLELUJAH!! I want the bleep outta here! lol.

I guess DH is having a difficulty in trying to think of something to get me for Christmas. lol. I was like all I want is a new house. Thats all. lol. My friend said she is going to get me a doll house!! :lol:

Then our digital camera that we just bought not too long ago quit working. :mad: I went to the manufacturer's website I guess there is some known issue so we have to send it back to get it fixed. But in the meantime, its coming up on the holidays and we have no camera!!! GGGGRRRRR!!!! I think we may have to buy another one in the interim. I gots to have my pictures!!! lol. and I so had a good picture opportunity yesterday!!! We were at my in-laws and their two cats were cuddling and the one was cleaning the other. Sooo cute!!!

DH and I watched WALL-E, it was soooo cute!!! :)

Well I suppose that is about it.............tonight (Sunday) is back to the ole grind for me........:p and this is my "long" week, but it will be good $$ with the holiday pay and time and a half for working Thursday AM. That is IF they don't screw it up AGAIN! I just now got my pay for Labor Day!!! But my boss assures us that he thinks he has it all under control this time. I hope so!!! lol. Don't be messin' with my money!!! lol.

Okay I am totally rambling...............:blah: :blah: But ya know that means I am back to my old "Sassy" self, right??? lol.

Well take care everybody!!!!! Keep warm!!!!

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1532/1532149siyu5ypama.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Good, Sunday morning, ladies :wave:

Was up early to get some exercise in before heading out in a little bit. Got in 40 minutes so far. Want to spread it out instead of doing it all like I did last night. Decided I am not going to kill myself trying to get 90-100 minutes in...whatever I get in, I get in. Anything is better than nothing so...I went and walked a few minutes on the treadmill after I had been out picking up poo. Thought it wasn't so cold I should go for a walk outdoors, so I did. Did half of my usual since it was about 4'ish and was cooling off. Then came home and did the 2 mile WATP and another short walk on the treadmill. Got in a total of 80 minutes with that and did some weights & bike too! Thought about doing another 10 to make the 90 mns. but I had other things to do so called it good.

Went to decorate the stupid tree and half the lights on it were out. Had to run to Target and get two strands. Tried to weave them in like they had them on the tree when we bought it a hundred years ago, lol. Needed another strand of 100, ugh! V tried new fuses and nothing so rather than go thru every bulb to see what wasn't working I just added more lights. So will finish it off today and I am done with all that crap.

Better go jump in the shower...need to be out the door at 9:30 to look at two houses this morning. Will be back to do individuals.

Have a wonderful Sunday! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Happy Sunday!!! :carrot:

I am drinking my venti, la la la. On a coffee rush.....I'll come crashing down around noon, for the moment though I am happy! la la.....

Cristina - You really need a break from all that exercising, be a slacker like the rest of us....or at least me. I figure w/ the 5+ miles I am suppose to be walking at work that is enough, I am still sore in places that have not moved in years. Hope you get some luck in finding a house that you and V like, I think that would be fun. I don't even know why you bother w/ the stupid tree and all that crap. lol....you crack me up :)

Sassy - See, husbands are good for something, I guess.....if they can help in shopping they make themselves useful. lol
On the plastic bags just lick your finger, that helps get the bag open. :D

Katy - Went to the village for my morning coffee (7am) and thought of you. It is a charming area and looked so pretty w/ the lights on.

:wave: to everyone!

I need to go get a shower and make plans w/ the girls on what we want to do. Thinking of spending the night again and having Gabster play hookie from school, see how the day goes.

Had oatmeal and some ham for breakfast, so think that is ok :yikes:

sz2atheart
11-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm back

The wedding went really well. The mother of the bride barely made it through the ceremony without having a stroke. The women sobbed so hard walking up the aisle that you would have thought she was walking up to view a casket. Not that I wasn't teary eyed numerous times throughout the evening, but OMG, she was falling apart. Justin looked so handsome in his dress uniform. I looked like the 10 lbs that I didn't loose prior to the wedding in my dress. :mad: The food was good, the music great, the photographer sucked. Rehearsal went very well and the Sunday morning breakfast was a hit. Whew....I'm so glad it is over. Took me all week to recover. Oh, and I forgot....DD and I did cake tasting for her wedding in June 09, two hrs after we got home from DS's wedding weekend. Now the planning for her wedding is on!!

Cristina--Moving again??? Seems like you just moved. What's up? What have I missed? I can't seem to get into Christmas yet. My dd has invited her fiance's parents to Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I was planning to drag out the tree and decorate it that eve after dinner since I was only planning on having dd and her honey and possibly my Mom for dinner. But now with the fiance's parents coming (and they don't celebrate xmas, I think they are Johovah Witness), it might be a bit uncomfortable to pull out the decorations. Damn....I wanted the help while I had everyone home. :(

Francie--How'd you like that snow on Fri? It's rare to have snow this early in the season. And we are having incredibly colder weather than usual. Hope this isn't any indication of how bad the weather might be this year.

Just got a loaf of pumpkin bread out of the oven :D and need to head to the Hallmark store to pick up a few things before they close. Dh is folding laundry and watching football that I'm not the least bit interested in.

How are we handling the address for the gift exchange? PM'ing each other?
Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!!

Mom2Gaby
11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
oops, thanks for the reminder Tammy, I need your address!!!!

I also need Sue's and Francie's, I think I have most everyone else for holiday cards.

anyway , pumpkin bread sounds good. Nice to have you back after the big wedding. My Becky is excited because her best friends sister is getting married in a few months. Just the idea of a wedding, I guess. lol

So, I took 4 loads of the girls laundry to the laudromat to get done. Seems the drill is to wait til Sunday evening and *itch at each other who gets the machines at home. *sigh.......I think they really do need me, lol. I cleaned Rachel's bathroom after the big hair cutting she did a few days ago, I guess she never heard of a broom. Anyway, trying to help the ex because he is .....ummm, old. lol

Going to have some lima bean soup and head out for the coast, going to come back on Wednesday & Thursday for the holiday. I guess that makes more sense. I really want to get Gaby's school pictures back this week, seems to be taking forever. I also need to get some more shots of me and the girls .....so better get off my tush!

FrouFrou
11-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Okay, back again for a few minutes...

Susan...lol, yeah, I was all excited a couple of weeks ago about decorating but now that I've started, ugh, don't want to finish. Thinking among other things, this sort of cold is making me pissy again...can't even stand to hear anyone breathe...poor hubby, he gets the brunt of everything. One house we liked, one we didn't. Too much work to bring up to our standards, or just about anyones. It's kind of nice looking but then I get in my moods and tire of it quickly. Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the girls. And thank you, I do need a break from all that exercise, lol. Except...my body disagrees.

Tammy...good to see ya back. Somewhere in the thread Susan has posted how the gift exchange is. Sounds like the mil is a drama queen, lol. Glad the wedding was nice. Whew, just get done with one and have to start another though. Yeah, moving again, eventually. Don't really want to talk about it, I think I did somewhere at some point...not wanting to that is for sure. Just soooo freakin' tired of moving. I told the hubby this will be the last time for sure! He might have to carry me out of this one.

Sassy...guess I was lost for a minute...I take it you have to bag your own groceries at Wal-Mart? :shrug:

Hiya to everyone else :wave: Hoping everyone is enjoying the weekend, what's left of it.

I am going to go get a dvd (exercise) in and then finish the tree. When we got home V decided to do some outside so was helping him with that. He'll be home tomorrow to finish it up in the morning. Anyway...chow for now :D

suetalks
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Good evening ladies...What a cold day here. I went out to take Mom to get her perm this morning and went back to pick her up. Had to go out back and fill the bird feeders, and those were my forays to the great outdoors today. I actually would be quite content to stay indoors for weeks at a time. But, tomorrow is another day and I have to take Mom to her Dr. appt. in the a.m. It is supposed to rain and turn to snow, so I hope we go and get back before that happens.

I truly feel like all I am doing lately is cooking, baking and eating. Yikes!!! Cold weather just does me in I guess. I have to snap out of this funk. Family stress and all...I can not gain weight!!! Some days I wish I was still smoking.

Susan- Yes, the reference was to the show Car 54 Where are you? Sorry, I forget that you are "kids" on here and not familiar with shows from the 60's. haha

Tammy- Welcome back. I am sure you looked lovely for the wedding. Glad it went well, and know you are glad it is over. :)

Cristina- Yikes, you are way ahead of me with exercise...and now the decorating too. You are a dynamo!!

Gotta scoot...so hi to all the rest of you ladies and I will check in tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
11-24-2008, 12:58 AM
we had a nice relaxing weekend.....we hit a couple rough patches, but we are better now.

Tommy ended up getting home just after I posted my last message on here, so he wasn't gone that long, but it was nice to have a night out among his friends.

Katy~ Happy Birthday to your son!!!

Sue~ Like I mentioned above, he came home just after I posted my last post. He had fun while he was out, so that was a good thing.

Cristina~ thanks for the bravo on the weight loss. He was, is generally is hesitant on going out with friends. I have to usually push him to go. Apparently he doesn't think that he deserves time out with friends.

SuzieQ~ Yup, he came home. He even came home barring gifts......his friend gave him an OCC mug that she bought for her ex husband, some milk, some doritos, and some funyons. I think there might have been something else, but I forgot.

Tammy~ It is so good to hear from you!!!!! I am glad to hear that your son's wedding went well! I loved planning our wedding! We didn't do any cake testing because my hubby already knew that he wanted banana nut cake as our anniversary layer and one of the lower layers.

well, I have to go catch up on my email and such, but I will be back on Monday as usual!

Shopaholic1204
11-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. My friend spent the night on friday. We all saw Twilight again..and then we spent the day at the mall on sat. I've been trying to recover ever since, lol. Slumber parties just arent like what they were when we were teens, lol.

Today is my mom's birthday :( She would've been 55. So to do something special for her..I'm going to have a star named after my mom. Then I'm going to get the coordinates tattooed somewhere (maybe down my neck or on my other leg. Okay, I kinda stole that idea from Angelina Jolie, but its pretty cool, lol). That way I'll always know where my mom is, ya know? I can look up to the sky and be like..theres my mom.

Anyways..I hope you all had a good weekend!!! YAY for Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

tommysgirl18
11-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Francie~ That is a great idea to get a star named after your mom. And I love the idea of getting the coordinates tattooed on you.

FrouFrou
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Hello chickies...

Francie...Happy Birthday to your momma and hugs to you. Today is hubby #1's BD as well...always a little sad at this time but now I can remember him and smile...time truly does heal. And such a GREAT idea naming a star! I too am getting a memorial tat as soon as I find the right one...looking for a little red riding hood with a wolf but can't find what I am looking for. Sounds silly but there is a song called that that he used to play on the guitar and sing all the time. Glad you had a nice weekend with your friend!

Mindee...that's pretty good the hubby goes out and comes home with gifts, lol! Now...it's your turn for an outing with the girls.

Sue...wish I felt like a dynamo. I think I am catching or rather have a cold. Just not feeling 100% me, what ever that is. But I am plugging along and getting things done anyway. I was a bit lazy yesterday though and ended up watching Snapped for hours...V came home and said the tree looked good and I said thank you, lol. When he went to the garage I jumped up and put an ornament on it and the tree topper, so I did get something put on it, lol. Thinking of your mom as you guys head to the doc today, and hoping the weather holds off until you get back home. We are supposed to get rain Friday...just glad it's waiting until then and not going to rain on Thanksgiving Day. But then this weather changes daily so who knows what it will do. :crossed:

Hiya to Jules, Susan, Asia, Katy, Tammy, Kristi, Sassy and Kathy if you're out there lurking. Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Okay, so I did a 2 mile WATP video and got in a short walk on the treadmill, going to go finish that off and make it an even hour of exercise...just have 20 minutes to do. Hoping to get outdoors and walk sometime today. it is supposed to be in the 50's later...beautiful weather for walking outside.

Anyway, then we are headed out about 11:45 and not sure when we will get back. Going to take another look at a house I call the wallpaper house...last we looked at it it was in the evening and couldn't really see the outside, plus I want to see the inside during the daylight. Then from there we are headed to Cambrie's preschool for something...Josh & Charlotte said it was a Thanksgiving dinner for Grandparents day so we will see. Will get some pictures for sure. Not sure how long that will last. That's my plans for the day...what about you? What are your plans for the day?

What's everyone doing Thanksgiving day? Okay, better get going or I won't be ready by 11:45...gotta finish up the exercise, make the bed, fold some clothes and then jump in the shower.

Have a wonderful Monday ladies!

Shopaholic1204
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Mindee~Ya..I found this pretty cool site too!! And the package I want comes with a pic of the star, a cd rom, and some other stuff I can't remember, lol.

Cristina~I think I know what song you're talking about. That sounds like a cool tat!! And you know..I was a little sad..but when I woke up..I just feel truly blessed to have had her in my life. Ya know? It's a day of happiness instead of sadness.

Mom2Gaby
11-24-2008, 12:00 PM
I have some errands to do so I will be back when I have more time to chat. Scale is up but that is no surprise, I ate waaaaaaay too much ham over the weekend. Maybe it is just sodium?? lol

Sue- I remember Romper Room, that is probably the real first show I remember, my dad liked the police shows so I remember all those for sure.

k- better scat, chat in a bit!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/ssills40/528247toiwnctzaw.gif

suetalks
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Quick hi...Mom's Dr. was pleased and doesn't need to see her for 6 months. Last year she was going every month..so this is a treat. Her weight was up another 4 pounds. It was a good visit.

It spit rain the whole morning, ugly to drive in with the fog. I decided to stop and get milk, coffee and some fruit...just in case the roads ice up. Then we stopped at the Dollar Store for mom some more puzzle books. She does word search and can do one or two a week...so we go for the cheapie ones. I bought some gift bags so I can finish packaging the neighbors gifts..and that was about it.

Gotta go finish up the laundry and think of something for dinner. BBL

luckycharm
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in to say hello. It has been a long time since I really had any computer time after fighting with everyone else. Hope that everyone is doing great.

SuzyQ - too funny I remember Romper Room also. and Mr. Dressup.

Cristina - I can already imagine how beautiful your house looks all decorated. You do such a fantastic job with your decorating.

Katy I love your picture on your avatar.

Sue - that is great about your mom, sorry you were stuck driving in such awful weather.

Mindee - that is nice that Tommy likes to be home with you and the kids. How old are your kids now?

Sassy I am still busy laughing from your last post. I hate the plastic bags at the grocery store. I have been known to fight with them also, and lose the battle.

Hello to everyone else, I must run and get some kids into bed!

tommysgirl18
11-25-2008, 12:05 AM
it has been a busy day around here.......and doesn't look like it is going to get any calmer until maybe Friday!

Brandon has school tomorrow, but then is off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and goes back on Monday. Logan has been protesting against diapers.....he has had to have a pull up on like Brandon. He freaks out if I pull out a diaper for Marissa......so I am hoping that this time off for Brandon will help get the potty training train back on the track and staying there!

Marissa has been a little mama! Tommy got her a little baby doll on Saturday. She will carry the baby around the house, and then she will put the doll up to her shoulder and say hi baby. and then she has to go to bed with her. she will even try to feed her her bottle. Although Marissa tries to drink out of it!

Francie~ That sounds really cool! I have always loved astronomy.

Cristina~ I will take a night at home, with some alcohol (maybe.....depends on the mood), and the kids at a sitter's house!

SuzieQ~ How are you doing? You must be busy!

Sue~ That is great to hear about your mom's appointment! I am the same way with the word search, fill it in, and other books like that!

Kathy~ It is good to hear from you! The kids are getting big. Brandon is 4.5 years old, Logan just turned 3, and Marissa is 1.5 years old.

Shopaholic1204
11-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Just stopping by to say Hola!!!

I'm gonna be doing the dishes in like a second. So I better go now!!! TTFN

tommysgirl18
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I am about to take some cookies over to the office, and then Brandon wants me to make some sugar cookies. but I might hold off and make those tonight after they are all asleep. although, it is looking like Brandon might be the only one ready for bed early tonight. It is quiet on this end, so I am taking that as both Marissa and Logan are napping!

suetalks
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi ladies...I had an interesting day. Mostly on the phone and computer with our Realtor...fun. At least we should have news soon. :)
I managed to stay OP and also do a WATP and 7 minutes of Jillian's exercise on cable. Whew...should have tried hers before the WATP. Now wanting to get the tone belt from WATP.
Watching the finale of DWTS so gotta run.
Hope you all had a good day and Happy Hump day tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
11-26-2008, 12:52 AM
popping back in before going to bed.....

Sue~ I hope you guys find out soon! Jillian has a way of kicking your butt in her videos!

Sassy_Chick
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello All. :wave:

Well 3 nights down and one more to go!!! (tonight) My coworker and I are having ourselves a "mini" pre-thanksgiving dinner since we are working into Thanksgiving Morning. ;) DH is cooking most of it I just have to haul it all in. lol. Then sometime I have to make an apple pie per special request from my FIL. lol. He actually told my MIL that he wanted me to make the apple pie this year as he does not like hers! :rofl: I just thought that was funny. lol.

Anywho, I hope you are all doing well and keeping warm! It is down to 31 degrees here and at work they are repaving the parking lot! I thought they only did that sort of thing in the summer??? They had a cone in front of my car and I managed to get out without even touching it or another car! :woohoo: I am good! lol.

Kathy -- OMG I almost lost it with those dang bags! lol. At least now I can look back and laugh at it!!! :lol3:

I wish you all and all of your loved ones a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

BIG :hug:

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/700/700573sokwvoy8u5.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon. I just put my famous (well to us) apple cake in the oven and the house smells scrumpdelicious. I will follow up with some macaroons for my sis-in-law. Can't believe I am not cooking a bird or fixings this year. Seems strange. But I am sure I will enjoy tomorrow.

Condo update: We will know for sure after the inspection, but if it goes well we have bought a winter home. Now is when things will get hectic as we have to go out there for the closing, then we want to drive the van out (packed with household goods) sometime. We haven't figured out the logistics yet. DH is furiously building furniture. He finished a sofa table and 2 end tables. Now working on a dining table. He would like to make 3 headboards and 3 nightstands, but might run out of time. :)

Mindee- Yes, I barely got through Jillian's warm up. She went into push ups and I do not do push ups well. I am going to try again today however.

Sassy- Enjoy the pre-meal. Sounds like fun. Good luck with the apple pie. It is 41 degrees here right now and sunny.

Kathy- Good to have you back. I know sometimes computer time is precious. I am going to miss my computer when we go West..don't care for DH's laptop.

Francie- Hope you enjoy your winter in the East. Any more snow? Love the idea of naming a star.

Cristina- I bet your house looks great. Now is when the realtor should have an open house. Make people wish to live there for next Holidays. Did you like the wallpaper house??

Susan- What's up chickie? Enjoy your turkey day with the girls.

Katy- I am sure you are having a family day tomorrow also. Have fun.

Lots of stress here, still and I am not losing any pounds. If I can just hold steady until we get through this......
My youngest DD is leaving her DH this week-end and being she is in CA, there is not much I can do for her. That is just one among several stresses right now. CALGON...take me away!!

Mom2Gaby
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
It is just a fast check in!!

I have to run and pay for next weeks day care for Gaby, you have to do it before Friday and the office will be closed.......so......

It is wonderful to have you back Kathy!!! yay :carrot:

Getting Gaby at noon and heading for Portland to be w/ the girls. I will have more time on the ex's computer to catch up. I can even sit there and drink wine and write up a storm! Sounds like a plan. lol

Life is stressful here w/ Gaby's father so send some major good vibes my way. I just wanna kick him in the shins sometime (among other places).

Job is going well, last week of training, thank goodness. I need more time in the OB though because they have 3 different beds and they are all made different. yada, yada....

It is beautiful here on the coast though.

*sigh.........anyway, no rest for the wicked.....haha

catch you all tonight at happy hour!:carrot:

Shopaholic1204
11-26-2008, 03:49 PM
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/716/716981no3fxbhoq1.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!

FrouFrou
11-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Hello ladies...

Kathy...so good to see you posting, missed ya! :hug:

Susan...glad the training is almost over for you. And be careful driving to Portland. I'll kick the ex for ya! Sending good vibes :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Sue...glad the doc visit went well for your momma. Glad to hear about the condo, keeping my fingers crossed that the inspection passes with flying colors! :crossed: We do like the wallpaper house, just don't care for all the wallpaper, lol. It's an old house (built in 1905) something I have wanted for many, many years. I love the character and charm of the old houses over teh cookie cutter ones they are building now days. We are thinking we are going to put an offer on it once we figure out what, lol. Sorry to hear about your DD, lots of hugs to her and you. :hug:

Francie...glad you are feeling better and remembering your mom happily.

Sassy...have a nice mini-pre-thanksgiving dinner.

Hiya Katy, Asia, Tammy, Jules, Kristi and anyone reading this. Always, feel like I am missing someone, sorry if I do/did, definitely not intentional.

I have been busy the last two days and I am afraid it won't stop until Friday. I will get to rest then, I think.

The dh was home Monday & Tuesday...went to look at that house, and to Cambrie's little Thanksgiving, sort of mini-dinner...mainly just snacks...crackers w/cheese, deviled eggs...stuff like that. But she was so cute singing her Thanksgiving songs. Tuesday...did my grocery shopping and glad I did. It was a little crazy that morning so I can only imagine how it was later, and is today. Although, I did hit the mall this morning. Was trying to get an idea for Charlotte for Christmas...something for her, actually something else for her to finish her off. next year I am going to have them make a list of about 10 things they would like and go from there. Then had to run to the bookstore, Target to get a couple of things the bank and on and on. Oh, and my interview, if you want to call it that, was this morning. Pretty sure I didn't get the job and that's okay. I actually didn't figure I would get it...I get too nervous during those things, why , I don't know. But it was like she had a certain amount of time to spit the questions out and get me outta there...she was rambling like a wild turkey gobbling-serious, lol. Anyway...today I have some baking to get done and some preparing to do so I don't have as much to do tomorrow. Already made the pumpkin pie and have some brownies to make and a cheesecake. And I am trying to get some laundry done in between. So...I probably should get going...already tired thinking about all I have to do...going to try and not get stressed. Okay, now I am babbling...

Take care ladies, and...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you & yours!

:turkey::thanks2::thanks1::thanks2::turkey:

sz2atheart
11-26-2008, 07:52 PM
:turkey: Happy Thanksgiving :turkey:

Whew....busy all day. Had my nails done early this am then off to Annapolis to pick up a few things at Bed Bath and Beyond. Went to the Amish Market for a few goodies. Back home and I've made pumpkin pies, all my side dishes for tomorrow and a breakfast cassarole for the morning. I've got to run to put in an IV at a doc's office at 9:30 a.m. I'm involved in helping with some peds patients that have been newly diagnosed with diabetes. The kids get infusions for 14 days and one starts tomorrow. It pays great, but I'm not thrilled to go there tomorrow. I'll charge him double and it should only take me about an hour round trip. I'll leave a list for dh and my dd while I'm gone. :D We will probably drag out the christmas tree after dinner. DD's finance's parents will not be coming to dinner after all. They've had three deaths in one week in their family and are skipping out of town for some R&R. I'll be heading out with the crazies for black friday shopping in the am. I love it. Don't know what I'm shopping for, but I'll find some good bargains.

I hope everyone one has a wonderful Thanksgiving day!!!

Mom2Gaby
11-26-2008, 08:16 PM
We did make it to Portland! I don't know why but we headed out at 2pm, I just HAD to wash my car and clean the apt first. I hate coming back to a mess.

Now Gab and I are baking a cake :dizzy: - don't ask. Gaby spied a cake mix and insisted that is what she wanted for dinner.....so, ya.....being the horrible mother that I am I told her "get 3 eggs out of the fridge"...so, it is almost done. Did a half butt effort so I doubt anyone will eat it....though I was thinking of going to buy a can of frosting...lmbo.

The R's are off to their friends for the night,...I know, so much for daughter/mommy time but whatever, I'll see them tomorrow.

anyway, going to the store and get some items for my stuffing that I want to make tomorrow. Turkey & Stuffing...that is all I care about.....hmm, and pumpkin pie. I am going to be in control though, I am not going to be ok with letting myself overeat, it isn't worth it to me.

Hope to see my mom tomorrow and get up to see my fathers grave and put some flowers there. And I might make the ex's family gathering but otherwise I want to be home by 9pm tomorrow night.

k- bbl :)

jules1216
11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
quickie...baking my pies (at 9pm at night...)..Teri's working and Dominic is suppossed to be sleeping....

back later tonight or tomorrow for indys....

suetalks
11-26-2008, 09:51 PM
The cake and macaroons came out great and the house still smells good. :)

I actually rode 2 miles this afternoon..looking 40 pounds heavier in my coat, ear muffs, gloves, etc. It was 44 degrees, but sunny. My legs are sore tonight, but it might be from the WATP. Whatever, I do feel better if I DO something. And after tomorrow I will need to keep on riding. haha...

Really just popped back in to tell you all Happy Thanksgiving one more time. We all have so much to be thankful for. (especially turkey and pumpkin pie) :carrot: just kidding..

Mom2Gaby
11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
You shouldn't joke about turkey and pumpkin pie Sue, it is kind of sacred ground. :dizzy:
I am very thankful for my turkey and pumpkin pie (with cool whip) and omg- stuffing. Amen

I don't know how you keep your balance on the bike with all that outerware on!!

hmm, ya......I have had a glass of wine. I almost wanted to write to McD but thought better of it and said "Susan,,,,,,go talk to the gals!!!" So, here I am.

I'll go read and catch up and do indy's, I guess. Kind of like conversing w/ a man but not really. lol

Mom2Gaby
11-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I think I am caught up.....

Francie - :hug: I am glad you can remember your mom happily too. It is just really hard to lose a parent , I always miss my father. anyway, I wish you and Fonzo a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sue- yay, to the condo news! I am glad everything has worked out on that front. What kind of cake did you make? I did a confetti cake for Gab, ate 2 slices already. Ugh.

Mindee- Marissa sounds so cute being alittle mama w/ her dolls. :)

Tammy - Hope you find some good bargains!

Sassy - How was the pre-Thanksgiving dinner w/ the co workers?? I think that is nice to do, especially since we spend so much time w/ them, they are kind of like family.

Jules - come back and chat lady!! Miss hearing more from you but pies do come first. lol You are so lucky to have a baby in the house!

Cristina - I am sure you did fine on your interview. I use to be nervous but in these last job interviews I kind of developed an attitude...... I don't know what is wrong w/ me. lol I would love a 1905 home! You can always take off the wallpaper, it sounds like fun actually. Cute about Cambrie, she sounds like a doll. Thank you for the card :)

Katy - Ugh, it is so cold tonight and windy too! Hope you are staying nice and warm w/ the family.

:wave: to everyone else!

I have to take Rach to her friends and I can finally relax after that, it has been a long day. I did get Gaby's school pictures today , so I was happy about that.
anyway, chat later.

luckycharm
11-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Hello to everyone and a Thanksgiving to you all!

SuzyQ- glad you made it ok. How long of a drive is it for you from your new place back to the old place? Give the girls a hug from me. What grade is the girls in now? Cole is in grade 1, and is having a little trouble as he does not do his work, he just sits in his desk and looks around. Cody is in grade 12 this year. Cole wanted an easy bake oven - so we have been baking little cakes. He loves it.

Jules-Hello. Its been a long time since i was here - wasn't your daughter going to have a baby around time as my daughter was due to have hers? Hard to believe but my little granddaughter is already a year old. She sure has kept our household hopping.

Sue - My fingers are crossed for you for your condo. How far away is your current home from Vegas? I bet your house smells wonderful. Funny story - stay away from push ups. I have a really boring job, and I have been trying to do exercises to make my day go faster. I decided to do some pushups. I closed the door to a little office I have there so no one that would come in would see me, managed to do 7 of them, then as I went to go out, I found out that the door handle didn't work and i was locked in the room. Took almost 2 hours before someone came in and let me out. :o No more pushups for me.

Cristina - Ok Silly question here (I will never stay away for so long again because you just miss out on too much) Who is this darling sweet little Cambrie? My fingers are crossed that you will get the new house. I love the old houses. Does it have nice the nice red velvet wallpaper? Good luck on getting everything done that you need to get done. That list looks like it is as good as a workout.

Sassy - way to go with getting your car out. That is impressive. I probably would have hit the car and drive over the pileon. That is really great that your DH will cook. Do you get along with your MIL? My MIL would cry and have a fit if anyone dared to tell her that my anything was better than hers. Kudos to your FIL for being able to give you such a nice complement.

Mindee did you get to finish making the sugar cookies? Your household must be crazy happy during the day. I miss the kids being young and having a hopping household. Hug your kids lots as before you know it they are grown up.

Hello to everyone else, I have to run and get ready for work, I am out of time for this morning. Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Sassy_Chick
11-27-2008, 09:25 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING YA'ALL!!!

Our "Pre-Thanksgiving" Meal was yummy. I have to say my DH makes the BEST mashed taters ever!!! :D

I am glad that its finally over though! I am tired!!! I know I made good money this morning working, but phew I'm tired! lol.

I have to go and bake my pie. I got the filling done yesterday so all I got to do is throw it in the crust and bake it! :carrot:

Kathy -- Ya I was pretty impressed myself!!!! lol. Yes I get along with my mil, but she has some weird "baking" competition with me. lol.

I managed to get most of my Christmas Cards done lastnight/this morning at work too. (its a holiday..........we were slow.....)

Toodles All! :wave:

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/117/117589fyel7djist.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mom2Gaby
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

~Rocky sent me that this morning, thought it was cute.
Turkey is in the oven,thank goodness. I made the stuffing and was in heaven.

Now I need to get Gaby and myself ready and out the door we go to visit grandma.

Sassy - Impressed with your cooking *know how*...lol, you and Mindee both.

Kathy - From Portland to the coast is 90 minutes to 2 hours, depends how fast I drive. lol
Rach is getting her GED,will need to do another term at the college to pass all of the testing, she will be 18 next Aug. Rebecca is turning 16 this Jan and is in 10th, and Gaby is in 1st grade too ((along with Katy's daughter - not meaning in the same class....lol)) will be 7 in Feb .
How they grow up! Tell me again where you work??

I feel sick on the ex's coffee.......ICK! I need Starbucks, that was totally a waste of my time, I feel no buzz. lol

anyway- have 5 hours before the turkey is done so need to get busy!

You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Shopaholic1204
11-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Today got off to a bad start. We think Stormee may have worms. And then Sassy..my poor Sassy gave us a bad scare. She started to look like she was gonna throw up. Then she lost her balance and fell over on her side choking. Omg, I thought she was having a seizure. She looked exactly like my dog did when he had a seizure. We had to put him down that day. Seeing Sassy like that though made me cry so much. She's getting so old, and I dont wanna lose her. Something is already going on with her eyes. I've had her since I was 10..she's my childhood pet. I'm supposed to spend some time at my friend's house until sat, but I dont want to. What if something really bad happens to her while I'm gone??

Anyways..sorry for being the downer of the day, lol. I better go get dressed.

FrouFrou
11-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Good morning, all :wave:

Thought I would stop by and say Hi while I have a few minutes. Getting ready to go get things started...have plenty of time really so no worry there. We plan on eating at 4 so...as long as the turkey is in the oven at 11:30 I am good. Rest of the stuff won't take long. Would love to get a walk in but I know that won't happen...will be on my feet most of the day and I won't feel like walking so...always tomorrow. :)

Sassy...glad the dinner went well and was good!

Tammy...you brave woman! Have fun shopping tomorrow.

Susan...cake sounds good to me! And I too love the turkey and stuffing! Hoping you get to see your momma and to visit your dad too!

Francie...did you get your pie made?

Mindee...that's one thing I didn't get to, making cookies. Oh well, there's always Christmas! Hope your sugar cookies were good!

Sue...yay to getting a walk in! :carrot: I am a slacker for sure!

Kathy...Cambrie is my step-grandaughter. Josh while home from leave from Iraq last year met Charlotte and they married this past May...she has a son 9 yrs. and a daughter 4 so made me a grandma. A pic below for ya! I'll try to get some good pics of today and post tomorrow. So good to see you back and posting! :hug:

Hiya everyone else :wave:

I better get going and get something done. May check in later once I get some things going. Not much I can do until the turkey is done anyway so...take care and have a blessed Thanksgiving day!

FrouFrou
11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Aaawwww, Francie...sorry to hear about your babies. Lots of hugs to you sweetie. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
11-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Francie - :hug: sorry about Sassy, I don't think I could leave if my kitty was sick. I love my momo.....almost as much as *she says in a whisper*my real kids. anyway, hope Sassy & Stormee will be ok.

Cristina - just waiting for the turkey now, another 90 minutes should do it.....after that I am taking a nap. Think I will send Gaby w / the ex to his family while I rest for the evening drive home.
I would leave Gaby here for the weekend but her father freaks out that he needs his time w/ her..*eyes roll* whatever, next weekend will be my time so I will come back into town. Cambrie is such a cutie!!!! :)

So, I did make the visit to my father, the main entrance was closed so I had to go to another one and back track. The place is huge and I was all turned around , how annoying. After that I went across the street and placed some flowers on my nephews site, so that was sad. It makes me feel better doing it though, I don't want them forgotten.

Beck is still at her friends house and I went and got Rach.....so, after I eat and get my second wind I will try and get over to my mothers.

so, that is my update :carrot:

FrouFrou
11-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Hiya...

Susan...aww, they will never be forgotten. As long as we have our memories they will always be just a thought away, and always in our hearts. Glad you were able to make it there to leave flowers though.

I am pooped! thinking I am not cooking on Christmas Eve...too much work and I am really getting tired of doing it all myself. Thinking of just getting a bunch of stuff and if no one wants it whatever, lol. Anywho...

Hoping everyone had a wonderful day! Thanksgiving hugs to all :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-28-2008, 01:20 AM
man, you ladies left me a lot to catch up on!

we have been crazy busy around here.....and I am hoping to be able to sit back, relax, put up some decorations, and just enjoy the time!

I ended up not making the cookies the other day, but I think I might make some cookies on Friday. Tommy said that he was going to make some chocolate chip cookies on Friday as well......so we shall see who out powers who to make which one first! LMBO

Thanksgiving went well here.......it wasn't as crazy as I thought it was going to be. The kids all eat.......the boys loved their cranberry stuff that my BIL brought. (me and Tommy don't eat it, and since my BIL likes it, we tell him that that is what he can bring and he does) My MIL brought a mince meat pie and a pumpkin pie. Thankfully I don't like either one, so I didn't get tempted there.. BUT Tommy bought me some cookies n cream ice cream for my dessert. (I sent him out to the store at 12:30 Friday morning to get some milk........and good thing I did.......he tried to start the instant mashed potatoes and instant sweet potatoes and for some reason the milk was burning. but then again, for some reason, when he makes them, he always burns the milk some how)

sorry for not doing personals, but I am really tired, so I am thinking about heading to bed when I get done on here!

tommysgirl18
11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
popping back in to check on every one......

I hope that those of you that might have ventured out today make it home safe and sound!

nothing major for us......just hanging around the house. Tommy and Brandon went to my in-law's house to pick up our Christmas stuff.

sz2atheart
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Happy Black Friday!!

Turkey Day went very well. Only 5 to feed and plenty of leftovers to send home with everyone. Then it was off with the crazies to shop this morning. We didn't hit the stores till about 8, which is late for us but there was nothing that we were desperate to have. Went to Penny's first and made out like bandits. I wanted to get Justin and his bride a down comforter that was 60% off and then another 10%. It should have been $79.99 but somehow when I looked at my receipt (with the dozen or so other things that I bought), I was only charged $29.99 :D I picked up some tops for me and a nightgown then off to Sears to buy dh a mitre saw. I want him to do some molding in our foyer and somehow his old saw disappeared. We then went to Target, Best Buy, Walmart and Macy's. After shopping for 8 hr, I'm too tired to put the stuff away ;) Just heating up leftovers for dinner. Tomorrow, I'll probably start Christmas decorating and do some on-line shopping. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

FrouFrou
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello ladies...

Forgot yesterday...someone mentioned the wallpaper in the house...it definitely isn't anything I would want to keep on the walls. I think we would leave the stuff in the kitchen because it's not so bad...with the right colors added it would look decent and I could live with it for a while. But the other rooms, yuck, yuck and double yuck! Lol Just not a wallpaper person, and it's not any of the velvety stuff. Anyway...thinking we are putting an offer on it next week...can't remember if I said that or not...losing my mind! :dizzy:

MINDEE...dueling cookie makers/bakers eh? Let us know who wins, lol. Glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving at your house.

TAMMY...you are much braver than me lady. I would never attempt to venture out on black Friday. I did once...many, many years ago. For once this year I am almost done...I have two things to get and that's it. Had more people to buy for this year so found some kids stuff back in July or August and grabbed it. Anyway...good deal on the comforter...can't beat that price anywhere that I know of. And I definitely think you got in a workout with the 8 hours of shopping!

SUSAN...hoping you are home safely.

HIYA KATY, JULES, SASSY, KRISTI, SUE, KATHY, ASIA, and anyone I missed. :wave:

FRANCIE...how are your kitties doing? Is Sassy okay? Our doggy went thru having seizures a few years ago and that just killed me to see. Lots of hugs to you missy.

Well, I have been bumming all day...still in my jammies, lol. Woke up with a headache and it is just finally going away...so much for Aleve. Going to attempt to get some Christmas cards done, lol. I can't believe what a slacker I have been...this is the first year that I have not gotten my cards ready before Thanksgiving! Guess there's a first time for everything. :shrug:

Take care ladies, and hope everyone is having a good day/evening/weekend!

Sassy_Chick
11-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Hola All. :wave:

You all that went out today shopping were very brave!! Dunno if anybody saw the article about the deaths that happened today?? Black Friday Deaths (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/28/black.friday.violence/index.html?eref=rss_topstories).

My Friend was also out in that mess, but she was lucky and had no problems. She even called me at like 6 am. lol. I had been up about an hr by that point anyways. lol. She got a lot of good deals.

I used to work in that mess so I have absolutely no desire to go out in it. People are insane! lol. Well some are. Can't say all are. lol.

Anyways I am just like Cristina. Been bumming all day long. DH is working (will be off soon) so I have been in my jammies watchin' tv or movies. I also woke up with a headache, Cristina!! lol. It finally did go away. Then I went and lied down about 6 pm. I figured I would sleep about an hour or two? PFFFTT!! 4 hrs later I wake up!!! Geeezz! Guess I was tired. lol.

So I took my shower changed into different jammies (lol!!) and DH and I are gonna order in tonight. We were going to go to the store after he got off of work but I just do not feel like it. So maybe we will go out tomorrow.

Francie, big :hug: hon. I remember when our Puddy was so ill in Kidney Failure, it absolutely broke my heart. :cry: I so hope that your dear sweet Sassy is ok. :hug:

Misery is on tv. lol. I love that movie, but the book was so much better, but I so love Kathy Bates.

Well take care everybody!!!

tommysgirl18
11-28-2008, 11:45 PM
please do not post here! meet us over in Back In Kindergarten #64