Weight Loss Support - What are you having for lunch?

View Full Version : What are you having for lunch?

srmb60
11-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Did you pack a lunch? Do you have a wonderful tip for eating out? Are you home like me today?

Share with us what you're having.

jmb1981
11-18-2008, 07:55 AM
i usually pack (maybe once a week i don't and then it is subway). when i pack i either take a smart one and a single serving of veggies or i make a wrap using a flat out with turkey (or chicken), onion, tomato, lettuce, and dijon mustard and also take a serving of veggies. that is typically my lunch every week.

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-18-2008, 08:46 AM
i'm having the chicken caggage soup for lunch today. Its a very cold day..perfect for soup.

Zen Pharmacy
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I have made a tasty black bean and soyrizo wrap with a spicy side salad (jalepenos and hot salsa, yums).

RangerChic
11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Made myself some egg salad last night and brought some bread for a sandwich. And, I've got apple slices.

vanity0326
11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I have a bag of salad sitting in the fridge at work and I am going to combine it with a nutrisystem Mac and Cheese for lunch.

am

VermontMom
11-18-2008, 09:35 AM
I have off from work today, so I'll mix a can of tuna into some leftover coleslaw, and a cup of nonfat plain yogurt afterwards.

ronni62
11-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I'll be home for lunch today, so I'll be having a lean cuisine meal with a large salad made with my homemade ranch dressing (only 27 cals per tablespoon).

Tomato
11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Yes, I always pack not only lunch but a truckload of other small meals. I eat 6x a day - small portions but my stomach is happy. It seems to be that somehow my always ravenous appetite has settled down and I am eating less food (of course, no idea how much it is calorie-wise as I don't count).

Today's lunch is tilapia baked with some salsa on top (I usually use pesto sauce but I ran out) and about 1/3 of a sweet potato (it was fairly big so 1/3 is enough).
I also have a big salad with me (romaine, spinach, tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers) that I will have as a separate meal; and an orange.

KimL1214
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Packed a lunch that includes Lean Cuisine Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and a small salad that I will put Ken's Light Blue Cheese on.

TurboLeda
11-18-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm packing lunch for work today. :)

- baby romaine lettuce
- Kraft classic balsamic vinaigrette
- shredded chicken breast (from a rotisserie chicken)
- Bird's Eye frozen corn singles

I'm hoping this fills me up!

Thighs Be Gone
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
My fave lunch out (for the calories) is Subway oven roasted chicken breast salad. No cheese and red wine vinegar ONLY for dressing (no oil.) 140 calories and very filling.

Thighs Be Gone
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Have any of you experimented with Wasabi? What are you using it on if so?

Thighs Be Gone
11-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I have off from work today, so I'll mix a can of tuna into some leftover coleslaw, and a cup of nonfat plain yogurt afterwards.

That sounds like the kind of thing I typically eat during the day. How are you making your cole slaw? For convenience, I buy the shredded cole slaw from the produce dept. and mix in fat-free Miracle Whip. Sometimes I get wild and add a few almonds or diced apples and raisins in. Mostly, I eat it plain.

FB
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm awfully disorganized! I admit on days I work from home I don't decide on what I'm having until it's time to have it. However, my menu is generally pretty limited so I'm never surprised. It will consist of a lean protein and a plateful of veggies. Maybe steamed, maybe raw with hummus or cheese.

JulieJ08
11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm having leftover minestrone that I made last night, with parmigiano.

KristasMom
11-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Panera Fuji Apple salad, and a V-8

MonteCristo
11-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm having home made tomato soup with Cheez-Its. Probably not the healthies thing, but it is only 300 calories, very filling, and I LOVE it! ;)

AngelMae
11-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I am having a pita with roast beef, mustard and lots of veggies!

raw23
11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
My shake (1/2 c raspberries, 1/2 c bluberries, 1 c spinach, 1 scoop soy protein powder, and 1 c V8 fusion), a V8, and a turkey sandwich. Quite filling.

offmyfranny
11-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm having a salad bar salad consisting of spinach leaves, cukes, green peppers, peas, shredded carrot, fat-free cheese, sliced hard boiled egg and fat free dressing.

It's a HUGE salad for just under 300 calories. There are other things I'd rather eat with 300 calories, but I'm trying to eat more veggies.

cfmama
11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm having a bowl of 1/2 sliced apple, 1/2 slices orange, 1 container yogurt, 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup special K cereal... all stirred together.

I'm at home today :)

SouthLake
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm having a wrap with roasted turkey breast, spinach, ranch dressing (made from fat free sour cream) and 2 slices of center cut bacon. (Only 20 calories a slice!) Served with a side salad of organic greens and spinach, a tiny touch of chevre cheese, and Trader Joe's fat free balsamic dressing. Have a couple strawberries for dessert and I'm good to go!

paniania
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM

Well, more than experimented with, I use it regularly! The stuff is great, especially if you like spicy foods.

You could:

use it as a sandwich spread if you mix in into some FF mayo (or other bland sandwich spread of choice)
roll it into sushi of course (no raw fish need be involved...think veggies, smoked salmon, etc.)
add it to mashed potatoes for a kick
make an Asian tuna/egg salad by mixing that in

There are tons of possibilities!

As far as lunch goes, I pack something every day. Getting into bento boxes has really kept me going with the whole brown bagging it thing because with so many pretty containers how could it get boring!

Today I have Miso Soup with Glass Noodles, Pea Pods, Enoki Mushrooms, Carrots, Green Onions, Tofu Puff, and Hardboiled Egg. With that I'll have an Apple.

I try to get creative with the lunches at least since I have pretty much the same breakfasts / dinners during the week (excluding weekends).

BarbPA
11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Yesterday I had a work lunch at Bertucci's. I saved 1/2 of yesterday's meal for today's lunch:
Lemon chicken with capers, brocolli and asparagus.

The asparagus didn't reheat well and I wasn't quite satisfied so I decided on a 100 cal bag of popcorn about 1/2 hour after lunch.

:)

suitejudyblueeyes
11-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I had leftover pindi chana with basmati rice and an apple. I am having a yogurt for dessert.

Shannon in ATL
11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I totally bombed on lunch - I planned on eating a grilled chicken sandwich downstairs (work upstairs in a restaurant) but there were three buses of kids in line, so I ended up with a pouch of pink salmon and a SBD Cinnamon Raisin bar that someone gave me a few weeks ago because they didn't like them...

HMS
11-18-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm going to have last nights' leftover roasted veges - with a little olive oil (kumara (sweet potato), red onions, carrots, and bell peppers) .... along with a boiled egg and an orange ... still only 8am here in New Zealand .....

fld20
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm at home so I had a salad with a little tofu on top and a low fat blueberry muffin.

srmb60
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
A whole wheat bun with hummus, carrots, mushrooms, almonds and pumpkin seeds.

Digging Deep
11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I am eating this amazing soup that I make with ground turkey, lots of veggies, beans, chicken stock and italian seasonings. It is delicious. I adapted it from an Ellie Krieger (of Food Network) recipe that I worked around a bit. It's delcious :) And popcorn. Popcorn = miracle food for me. I can eat a whole bag for 90 carb cal. and no fat. I obviously specifically buy the nonflavored kind. Happy munching! :wave:

LindseyLouWho
11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm having a mexican ham and bean soup, sprinkled with parrano cheese and parsley, and my ricotta cream mixture with 1 TB of peanut butter and 2 TB of cocoa powder mixed in.

yogajane
11-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Chicken salad with no dressing and no bread. Very dry. Wish me luck!

mandalinn82
11-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Left my leftovers at the new house (oh no!) so I'm having tuna on a high fiber english muffin with a sprinkle of cheese and some pickles.

shaunabear
11-18-2008, 05:09 PM
My lunch was boring, I ended up just eating whatever I have left in my kitchen until I go grocery shopping. I had a grilled chicken breast with portobello mushrooms and a little bit of bbq sauce. I also had a pear afterwards with some matcha (green tea, this stuf is sooooooooooo expensive but so good). A total of 414 calories with a little over 700 calories left for the day.

evilwomaniamshe
11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Peanutbutter and banana sandwich on whole wheat toast.
(Jiff peanut butter by the way, no other kind will do!)
plus a bag of mini carrots & 2 dove dark chocolates for my much needed chocolate fix.

Glory87
11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
I packed my lunch on Monday night for the rest of the work week, I made a little salad assembly line. My new favorite salad:

Artisan green/red leaf lettuce
Pomegranate seeds
Pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds) - about 75 calories per salad
a little red onion
Carrot shreddies
Grilled chicken breast
non fat balsalmic vinaigrette dressing

I like my chicken heated so I put it in a separate container and nuked it at work. I keep my dressing in the frig at work. Turned out great - a new favorite! Good thing I liked it, I have to eat it for the next 3 days too!

mazza
11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I am having a small lunch today - some delicious salmon and then some fruit. Usually I have veggies, but I'm not that hungry today.

fdevine
11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
I ended up eating two fat free hotdogs with onion, catsup and mustard and a few baked chips. Not the healthiest. I'd planned on toasting a corn tortilla and having refried beans and veggies on it, but didn't want to take the time away from working.

The soups some of you had sound really good. Soup is my favorite lunch. I think I'll make some in my crock pot tomorrow and it'll last me a while.

Beautiful Ace
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM

My half brother bet me 500 bucks that I couldn't eat and swallow a LARGE chunk of it. So yes, I have experimented so to speak. But the only advice I have is, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T EAT A BIG CHUNK OF IT. :P

JulieJ08
11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
My half brother bet me 500 bucks that I couldn't eat and swallow a LARGE chunk of it. So yes, I have experimented so to speak. But the only advice I have is, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T EAT A BIG CHUNK OF IT. :P

Did you get the $500???

mazza
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Eek, Beautiful Ace!

Wasabi tastes like pain.

mazza
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, huge chunks of it - I mean.

yogajane
11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Had the chicken salad with no dressing or bread. Then screwed up by eating a piece of chocolate cake lying around in the fridge. That set me back. :mad:

Beautiful Ace
11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Did you get the $500???

HELLL YES I DID! ahaha There's a lot of things I would do for 500 (exluding anything sexual or outright NASTY)... ahaha

Not to mention I had no idea what the stuff was and had no idea what I was getting myself into. However once already in my mouth, why spit?

Beautiful Ace
11-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Had the chicken salad with no dressing or bread. Then screwed up by eating a piece of chocolate cake lying around in the fridge. That set me back. :mad:

I heard it here, and I'm saying it to you because I totally agree with it.... Forgive your mistakes and celebrate your victories. At least you didn't eat the whole cake right? VICTORY!:dizzy:

JulieJ08
11-18-2008, 10:39 PM

I don't know how much you're eating overall, but if you're really restricting, you might find that having the dressing and bread keeps you from having the chocolate cake!

offmyfranny
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Does that also include me? I ate the rest of our cub scout popcorn tonight because I was stressed out. Chocolate caramel crunch popcorn. YUM.

But MAN, I was doing so good!

tarryn
11-19-2008, 02:17 AM
a ham and salad sandwhich-
2 slices wholemeal bread
ham
cheese
carrot
lettuce
tomato
cucumber
no butter