Looking Good, Feeling Great - Suddenly my face is very oily....

View Full Version : Suddenly my face is very oily....

Jonsgurl0531
11-17-2008, 07:28 PM
I have been exercising and dieting for over a year and my meals really haven't changed much but lately in the last couple months my face has gotten extremely oily!
I have NEVER had oily skin in my life...my face used to be very dry and I would only ever wash it with a basic cleanser after exercise and in the morning just water and lotion... Now I seem to have to wash my face all the time which isnt helping.. and I am getting zits! I NEVER get zits (I have only had a handful of zits in my life) Now I have like 5 or 6 on my face... :(:(

I soo need some help on this. What is good to use?It seems my old cleanser is not cutting it.

Thanks.

:mad::mad::mad:

zeffryn
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I've been using proactiv lately and it has really been helping. I also started taking a zinc supplement. My face really started breaking out after I got pg, but the two combined have gotten it under control.

Also, washing your face a lot may seem like the right thing to do but can actually make your face oilier. Try a toner and oil absorbing lotion after washing and blot the oil from your face during the day instead of re-washing. You really shouldn't be washing more than twice a day.

OnceUponADrive
11-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I've always had an oily face. Yes, washing too often will make it worse. I tried proactive for awhile but it was too strong for my skin. I reverted to using Cetaphil cleanser (which is VERY gentle) a good toner, moisturizer, and most importantly my Avon Magix Face Perfector. It's about $10 a tube and really keeps my face matte ALL day. I also use those oil absorbing sheets to freshen up during the day if I'm feeling extra oily.

looloo86
12-13-2008, 09:55 AM
use a spot treatment on the zits and spots like clean and clear.
and use a good soap or cleanser and a light lotion neutrogena has good oil skin care lines.
and maybe its the stress or a sudden change in the weather.
also once or twice a week scrub your face at night with stives or any scrub.and oil it with tea trea oil and go to bed with it on your face.
Good luck

kelly315
12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I've noticed my face has been more oily lately...although why, I have no idea. I'm eating a lot less grease than I once was

looloo86
12-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I've noticed my face has been more oily lately...although why, I have no idea. I'm eating a lot less grease than I once was
Sometimes stress or whether change does that.Also prior to a period your skin is more oily and acne prone.