Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of Nov. 17 -23.

Hi folks....here's a place where you can put your daily menu or plans. Is accountability helpful to you? Need a little bit of extra support? Then - feel free to join us here.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #2  

Hi folks...I hope you are all doing well. I am struggling - but, I haven't given up. I've gained some weight back. I need to get this into check right now.

Some good news - I've been able to wear my foot/ankle brace for three days without too many aches and pains. If my insurance company approves...I'll start physical therapy this week.

For today:
breakfast - egg white omlette with ketchup, peanut butter toast, grapes
lunch - turkey and lite cheese open face, veggies and dip
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, steamed carrots with cinnamon
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

I'll be back later for personals.

Have a GREAT day.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Beverlyjoy!

I am feeling better, not back to 100%, but better. I maintained this week again, and am SO ready to start losing again. My gym clothes are in the car and I am officially back on track as of today w/ food and exercise!

We can ALL do this!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

Beverly - I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling, but so glad to hear that the brace is working well. Yay for not giving up! You've come too far for that.
MJ - So glad you are feeling better.

Today was my official weigh-in and I've also maintained for the week. I can blame all of the sugary starchy things I decided I must have to feel better. I've been battling tooth pain in my upper back teeth and haven't been able to see the dentist of the doctor. It has now been 6 days. However, I just heard from the dentist a few minutes ago and have an 11:00 appointment. I'm so happy! Once I get through this, I must get on track. 6 more weeks to have a loss for 2008.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, all!

Bev - glad the brace is helping & hopefully you can start PT soon! Good for you for not giving up!

mj - glad you are feeling better!

Rhonda - hope the dentist can help with the toothache. I loathe going to the dentist, so good luck!

Doing okay here. I am committed to having an OP today. The weekend was so-so. Got my water & exercise in, but wasn't as good with food. It's hard to believe that there are only 6 weeks in 2008 left!!! I definitely have some progress I want to make before we turn over to 2009!

My plan today:

Breakfast - yogurt, apple
Snack - Fiber One bar
Lunch - Healthy Choice dinner, sugar-free pudding, orange
Snack - 100 cal popcorn
Supper - chicken quesadillas
Snack - banana

Have a great day, all!
ClydieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday everyone.

BeverlyJoy - Glad to see your foot/ankle is doing a little better. I hope it continues to improve for you. I know it's hard to see that scale go up but you will get through it, just don't give up

Mj - Congrats on maintenence Glad to see you are feeling better too!

Rhonda - Hope the dentist can help you feel better soon. Nothing is worse than a toothache

Kayla - Good job on the water and exercise and good luck with your OP day You can do it!

Here's something for everyone!

As for me... Trying to figure this darn eating stuff out. I know I need to get around 1800 calories in, but I can't seem to get it all in! I don't want to go too low, so I think I may just need to add some higher calorie stuff. Instead of 6 meals of 300 calories, maybe 3 of 500 and a couple snacks? :::sigh::: How do you all get your balance?

Today is my one day off so since I work nights and I slept today, and will sleep @ home tonight, it will be short food consumption. My sleep pattern is so irregular and it drives me nuts! Some days Im up 24hours straight and it feels like all I do is eat and then other days I sleep 2 shifts of 8 to catch up and don't eat much.

Today's plan:

Apple cinnamon granola w/ strawberries and skim milk
cheese stick and apple I've had a such a craving for apples!
grilled chicken, asparagus, carrots and rice (rice a roni but it's family's dinner too, I just eat only a serving or two depending on what I've eaten the rest of day)
cheese stick
yogurt
banana w/ peanutbutter (new fav!)
(had the left over rice too )
WATER!

Last edited by S.A.S.H; 11-18-2008 at 03:18 PM.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys,

I feel horrible... seriously horrible today. It's PMS: headache, brain fog, slight nausea, cramps, bloating, moodiness, tiredness, UGH.

Breakfast: oatmeal with cocoa powder and flax in it and 1T peanut butter, chai tea latte
Snack: 6 salt n vinegar almonds
Lunch: 6" Subway turkey and veggies on whole wheat, 1/2 bag of Sun Chips, unsweetened iced tea
Snack: tall soy mocha, no whip
Dinner (planned): spaghetti squash with Sockarooni sauce, parmesan and mozzerella on top. And a small piece of chicken breast for protein.
Hot tea as needed. Maybe a chocolate SF pudding cup later.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #8  

Feel better soon Lyn. What is Sockarooni sauce?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hey all. I'm sorry some are feeling so yucky and others are struggling. I'm sending loves and hugs to EVERYONE!

Tomorrow is day 53 totally on plan I'm a little chocked though... my other mother brought over a huge shopping bag full of chips, hickory sticks etc!!! She brought them for my kids. WHY?????? So they are down in the shop and Jeff can feed them to his buddies. Ticked me off.

Plan for tomorrow
B- 1 cup Kashi puffed grain, 1/2 cup skim milk, banana
s- 2 sourdough wasa, 1 T pb
L- container yogurt, 1/2 chopped apple, 1/2 chopped mandarin, 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup special K (all mixed together)
s- fruit bar and hard boiled egg
D- Tuna melts: 1/2 can tuna, 1/4 cup onion, 1 cm cheese, 2 T sauce type mayo, 1 small baked potato with 2 T sour cream
s- 100 cal smart popcorn, blueberry sauce cup
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 AM   #10  

Hi Chickies.....Yesterday I made it thru a sane healthy OP day ...I am so grateful.

Today I start my PT on my foot and a spasm in my back. I've worn the ankle/foot brace for 4-5 days. Finally...after 1 1/2 years of trying to wear this thing, I am able to wear it without awful pain somewhere else in my body. It's making my knee a bit sore - but, I will work thru it.

Thanks to everyone for your extra support while I go through this tough time. You all are wonderful.

I got in a very long meditation/guided imagery yesterday. It was so helpful.

Start PT

breakfast - open face turkey and mayo, grapes
lunch - chicken veggie soup, slice of lf cheese
snack - cheese toast, blueberries
dinner - creamed tuna and peas, salad and lite dressing
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

dfmama - good for you!! - sending those foods from your mom out of the house. Good for you staying op all these days.

lyn - I hope you feel better today. Good plan. Yes, drink extra tea - always makes me feel better too.

justwanttobeme - LOVE that will power dust! Thanks. I think you're right...you'll have to try different ways to get all your calories in. You are doing great.

clydiecat - sounds like you are committed to ending the year on a good note. Only six more weeks til 2009 - yikes. You can do this.

Rhonda - hope your tooth is better after seeing the dentist. Maintaining can be a victory too. Actually - we can accomplish much in six weeks.

MJ - glad you're feeling a bit better. Maintaining when you're sick is OK. Did you feel well enough for the gym?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #11  
mj5

Hi everyone! I did make it to the gym, although I was running late from work...big surprise, right?! I *almost* talked myself out of going, but didn't! BIG progress there! I did 30 mins of cardio on the bike--all really had time for, but MUCH better than skipping!

Rhonda--Glad you were able to get to the dentist yesterday. At least you maintained, that's better than a gain!

ClydieCat--I'm w/ you...can't believe time is going so fast!

JustWannaBeMe--Working nights must make things extra tough! I know you can figure it out though!

Lyn--Oh no! I hope you feel better today!

cfmama--Stay strong! You don't need the junk food!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!!

Hi Schmoodle and ginger--pop in when you can!

Ok, I really need to get ready for work. Have a great OP day!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, sorry my pops have been few and far between!
This afternoon I pick DH up from the airport! After hearing about the Saudi supertanker that was hijacked by pirates, I am extra glad to have him home for a while.

Hope all are well here. My plan for the day is a little sketchy. I'll give it a stab:

B: turkey bacon, oatmeal, coffee with milk
L: refried bean soup
S: yogurt in the car, almonds
D: balsamic chicken, warm spinach salad
S: NSA hot chocolate

that's not really enough I think, but all I can think of right now. I'll round it out later.
Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 11-18-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Randi~

Sockarooni sauce is a pasta sauce made by Newman's Own. It is a "spaghetti sauce"... tomato based with some chunks of peppers and tomatoes. I like to make my own sauce but when pressed for time I use a jar of this sauce... it is SO flavorful, a bit spicy. So it stimulates the taste buds nicely, for only 70 calories per half cup.

I feel a little beter so far this morning but I am bloated and just want TOM to get here already. I feel like I have a basketball in my belly. Ugh!

Today I am going to take my daughter to ballet, then come home and set her up with an art project so I can clean out the fridge, roast brussel sprouts for lunch, do laundry, and clean the bathrooms. Then will try and get her interested in the reading game on the computer so I can mop the floors. And then she and I will lift weights together.

I plan to bike tonight while I watch Biggest Loser when she is asleep.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #14  
mj5

Schmoodle--you and the kids must be SO excited to see dh today!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!

Lyn--Sounds super busy at your house!

I picked up my shirt today, I tried yesterday, but the place was closed!!! The lady did a beautiful job altering it. I will definitely take her more things. She even ironed it after I tried it on.

Tonight I am leaving work on time, going straight to the gym--arms/shoulders for weights and cardio. Clothes are in the car and Mp3 player is all charged up!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #15  

Good morning everyone!

CF mama - good for you for sending that junk right back out of the house!

Bev - Glad to see your day was op and the pt is going well.

Clydiecat - You are right, time is flying! More motivation to make that new years goal!

Mj - woohoo, its almost like having a new shirt Good for you for not talking yourself out of the gym! You are right, something is way better than nothing.

Schmoodle - Happy Dh is home!!! My own DF is getting ready to take a job on the boats and will be gone 4-5 weeks at a time. I might be looking to you for tips on dealing with it. Glad yours made it home safe and sound.

lyn - hmmm we might have to try that sauce. Sounds good! I usually make a big batch of veggie sauce w/ squash, zucchini, mushrooms and whatever other veggies I can hide in there and then divide it up and freeze it. Hope TOM hurries up for you.

Today's plan: editing for what I really ate! Ended up having to grab stuff at the grocery store.

Water of course

Going to try to do my tae bo video today. Havent done it in YEARS! Lets see just how badly out of shape I am Im hoping to get BL's Jillian's Shred video on Friday. I have heard wonderful things about it.

Today is my long day so I will be up from 130pm today until either 7am tomorrow or 11am if I get forced into overtime.

*Bfast - 100 cal vanilla yogurt w/1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries - orig. frozen)
*dinner -broiled salmon, spinach, greenbeans, rice
*snack - cheese stick, orange
*lunch - healthy choice sesame chicken w/ pea pods, carrots, mushrooms and rice
*snack* mushrooms
*snack* cheese stick, carrots, celery, tomatos w/ ranch
*snack* - if you wanna call it that, 2 bites cottage cheese w/ pinappple - it was premixed and YUCKY! I threw it out.
*dinner - kashi go lean honey almond crunch cereal w/ skim milk

I got like 90oz of water in though! And found some interesting tasting sugar free cherry green tea

SO yeah..that's what I ended up eating Off to bed!

Didn't get to that taebo today. Did get a 20 minute walk in @ lunch though. At least its something. And I have been taking the stairs too.

Last edited by S.A.S.H; 11-19-2008 at 07:13 AM.