Weight Loss Support - RIDICULOUS amount of stretch marks!! rant!

BumpSetSpike
11-17-2008, 01:07 AM
How the heck did I get so many stretch marks without even knowing? I am only 17! I have them everywhere... inner thigh, hips, butt, stomach (its like I've already been freakin pregnant), back of knee... and probably some places I dont even know about.

GR!! I am sorry. I just am really mad... Cause I don't know how these all got there without me noticing and I know that they don't go away completely. Bio oil never worked for me and I am sure as **** not going to waste my money on things to get my hopes worked up just so it turns out they don't work either.

I am sooo so worried about what my bf will think... I just can't even think about getting naked in front of him. His body is so perfect and compare it to mine...It makes me sick.

Thighs Be Gone
11-17-2008, 01:16 AM
If you guys are close enough to be seeing each other naked, you should be close enough to discuss with him your feelings about your stretch marks. Chances are, he will just be taken with your beauty.

JulieJ08
11-17-2008, 01:20 AM
You're going to find that (1) guys just don't care about stretch marks the way we do, and (2), even if they did, being nekkid with you completely, utterly, 100%, totally eclipses them.

Beautiful Ace
11-17-2008, 01:24 AM
No matter how I thought about my body, my ex bf always thought I was beautiful. I have a million stretch marks and rolls and all the unfavorable things... anyways my point is, if you're with the right guy, it wont matter. If he doesn't want to be with you because of some stretch marks, then you deserve so much better.

Billies Pottery
11-17-2008, 01:26 AM
I agree with Julie, guys don't really care about stretch marks.
Guys like what you give them.

stellarwbz
11-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I feel your pain. I've got a ton too. Mine have all faded to white though. Its even worse because I am tan so they show up more.

Beautiful Ace
11-17-2008, 01:55 AM
I once heard a comedian say "Men don't give a **** about your stretch marks, because all that means is you used to be big and got small, or you used to be small and got big, either way, WE'RE STILL ****ING YOU RIGHT NOW" I always kept that in the back of my head.

junebug41
11-17-2008, 02:34 AM
(2), even if they did, being nekkid with you completely, utterly, 100%, totally eclipses them.

This much I know is true. All he's going to notice is... well.... not stretch marks.

emmy8082
11-17-2008, 05:34 AM
If you guys are close enough to be seeing each other naked, you should be close enough to discuss with him your feelings about your stretch marks. Chances are, he will just be taken with your beauty.
That is true! and if not - he is not the right one - you have to see it as it is. If the guy loves you he love you the way you are!

BumpSetSpike
11-18-2008, 06:48 PM
I know you guys are more experianced than I am... so I'll just really have to hope he's ok with it. I really love him so much, but if he doesnt accept me... I guess theres more meant for me.

cakses
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't stress over that. Guys are unobservant to flaws most of the time.

luvja
11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Guys really don't care about stretch marks. Well, no decent man anyway.
I have ridiculous amounts of stretch marks on my stomach. I used to be embarrased by them, but now not so much. If a man had a problem with them, I wouldn't want to be with him anyway.

Robot
11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I once heard a comedian say "Men don't give a **** about your stretch marks, because all that means is you used to be big and got small, or you used to be small and got big, either way, WE'RE STILL ****ING YOU RIGHT NOW" I always kept that in the back of my head.

Wow, that is the best quote about stretch marks ever!

Ufi
11-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Would you not love your boyfriend if he had stretch marks?

VermontMom
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree that men are so taken with nekkedness that he will not notice, or not care at all!

Beautiful Ace
11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow, that is the best quote about stretch marks ever!

ahaha I thought so too, which is why I never forgot it. I never thought I would be able to use it really untill this thread i was like, YES!

misspiggy408
11-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Ya, I agree that guys don't trip off stretch marks ... but i feel your pain! After having 2 cesareans, not only do I have stretchmarks, but a baby belly that won't quit!! (and I'm not just talking baby belly, but saggy skin as well!)

If it's your boyfriend, not to worry cuz he's supposed to love you ReGaRDLeSS :)

misspiggy408
11-18-2008, 08:47 PM

I'm LOVIN this quote Beautiful Ace! LOL :D

Beautiful Ace
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM

:D:D glad to bring some giggles to your life.

kelsicc
11-20-2008, 04:51 AM

i think that was dane cook, he is sooo funny. And i agree with the girls your BF is not going to look at ur marks at that moment, and if you just dont feel comfortable talk with him. :val2::val1:

I got them everywhere, and i'm just 22, i got them 1 year ago and i almost got crazy one day when i was looking at my boddy in the mirror and i saw them, OMG i never ever notice them. i was in shock cuz i have always been strong *never less then sise 10 after my 13* good thights and hips:(... well i never had them, and that day was horrible :'( buu bad! :(. after that i haven't been able to wear any skirt at all. lest shorts!:( but my hb help me understand what i just said :hug:

but they are now almost invisible. time will cover them up. you might feel really bad now, just try to to maintain your skin hydrated so that you dont get more. :hug:

dont waste your money on miracle products and creams, most of them do not work.

emmy8082
11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
I still think after all those nice posts if he care about you marks and he leaves you because of that he was not worth it!

purpleorc
11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Any man worth his weight in salt will not even bat an eyelid at your stretch marks. If he loves you then he will accept all of you stretch marks and all. None of us are perfect in this world and I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't care that your bf had stretch marks as you "love him" flaws and all.

Why don't you talk to your bf about your fears and I am sure that he will be happy to alleviate them. You may find that he might not be so confident about himself either even though you feel he has the perfect body.

MelodyLeigh
11-20-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm only 18, and.. I hear ya, BumpSetSpike.

I have large, red stretchmarks all over my belly button area because of my weight is always going up and down. Just this summer I started getting them. :(

Don't worry. :hug:
I was nervous about telling my boyfriend too, and he said, "....Mel. That really doesn't bother me. You're beautiful."

If you love your boyfriend as much as you say, I'm sure he loves you the same amount.

Don't worry. :)

AngelMae
11-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree too, if hes a good man and he loves you he wouldnt care if you had 3 ears!! :)

kestrel
11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree with the others, I doubt he'll even notice and if he does, then he's showing his true colors. And that was an awesome quote! :D

I've had 3 kids (including one 10 pounder and another one that was almost 10 lbs) and I have more stretch marks from my weight gain from 10 years ago than I do from my pregnancies. They've been there for years before I met DH, but he doesn't care. Once he's close enough to see them in their full glory ;) then he's definitely not thinking about stretch marks!

Schumeany
11-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Stretch marks are immaterial...really. Mine were pretty bad on my upper thighs around your age, but by my mid-twenties, they had faded to such a light white, and were so small, that you couldn't really see them...and now i can't really find them at all.

Your boyfriend IS NOT GOING TO CARE. If you decide he is the one, he will be so freakin' overwhelmed and, er, excited about what is going on, that he won't notice/care if you look like a human zebra....really. Men are, I think, a little more hard wired than we are when it comes to this stuff, and this is not an insult to them...it would really make life a whole lot easier if we, as women, didn't spend so much time obsessing about this kind of thing, and what I know about guys is that...Naked Woman = Good Thing. Pretty much any naked woman is good, and one they love is even better.

Pandora123a
11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Men don't look at our bodies the way we do. They look big picture...not all the little flaws. (And frankly they have a focus area...or two!)

I've learned one thing though...don't point your flaws out to your bf. When he admires your body (and men think a naked body is worth admiring) don't say "but what about all these stretch marks?" Just enjoy his pleasure in you.

I promise...he'll be looking at the boobs...the behind....the crotch...the total picture. He's unlikely to notice the stretch marks unless you point them out to him. (After all, it is really kind of an insult to his taste if he tells you you look great and you tell him how wrong he is. Think about it.)

rocket pop
11-26-2008, 05:17 AM
I agree with everyone.

I'm 18, and I have a heck of a lot of stretch marks and thigh dimples and the whole shebang. I remember reading Real Gorgeous by Kaz Cooke and she said in it that by the time your man is getting to see you nekkid, he will seriously not notice and not care about little stretch marks or little dimply bits- "the warm, soft skin on the inside of a woman's thigh - whether plump or thin - is liable to be driving him wild with desire. Honest."

Provided he's not the sort of scum that puts you down for the way you look, I promise it won't matter a bit to him. In a perfect world, it wouldn't bother you either, but we'll get there.

Sometimes I look at my thighs and it seems like they're giant white pasty lumpy scarred chunks the size of a small island nation. But you know what, it's LIES. Just think of everything they do for you. Your thighs are stretch marked MACHINES. They take you everywhere - you'll be stuck with them for a while, so why not make friends with 'em? :)

Pandora123a
11-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I also remember...my skinny sister who has never been more than about three pounds overweight has a couple of stretch marks. (And this was before pregnancy) on her very skinny legs. I think some folks are just prone to them. It may be related to how fast you grew lengthwise as well.

looloo86
11-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Men don't look at our bodies the way we do. They look big picture...not all the little flaws. (And frankly they have a focus area...or two!)

I've learned one thing though...don't point your flaws out to your bf. When he admires your body (and men think a naked body is worth admiring) don't say "but what about all these stretch marks?" Just enjoy his pleasure in you.

I promise...he'll be looking at the boobs...the behind....the crotch...the total picture. He's unlikely to notice the stretch marks unless you point them out to him. (After all, it is really kind of an insult to his taste if he tells you you look great and you tell him how wrong he is. Think about it.)

lol :Dyou're so funny i totally agree with you.

looloo86
11-29-2008, 07:26 AM
anyway to minimize them a bit use wheat germ oil or sesame oil or sweet almond oil.and always use a good lotion or cream after your daily shower.in time they will fade.

Munchy
11-29-2008, 07:39 AM

Kat Williams is so funny!!

tinycities
11-29-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm 23, and I had a similar problem with stretch marks. I had reddish/purple marks on the side of my breasts, on my lower stomach, on my upper arms, on the backs of my knees.

Every single stretch mark on my body has now completely faded. I can't even see any trace of the ones that used to be on the backs of my knees, the ones on my breasts and upper arms are almost invisible. The only ones that I can still see are the ones around my stomach, but they are colourless so all you can notice is a slight difference in texture, and this is really only when I'm pulling the skin around and trying to look for them. I really doubt that they are noticeable to anyone else.

Also, I've done absolutely nothing whatsoever to try and remove them - no skin brushing, exfoliating or anything like that, no creams, no moisturising, no BioOil - they just faded by themselves. We are a similar age, so I imagine there's a really good chance yours will do the same.

looloo86
11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm 23, and I had a similar problem with stretch marks. I had reddish/purple marks on the side of my breasts, on my lower stomach, on my upper arms, on the backs of my knees.

Every single stretch mark on my body has now completely faded. I can't even see any trace of the ones that used to be on the backs of my knees, the ones on my breasts and upper arms are almost invisible. The only ones that I can still see are the ones around my stomach, but they are colourless so all you can notice is a slight difference in texture, and this is really only when I'm pulling the skin around and trying to look for them. I really doubt that they are noticeable to anyone else.

Also, I've done absolutely nothing whatsoever to try and remove them - no skin brushing, exfoliating or anything like that, no creams, no moisturising, no BioOil - they just faded by themselves. We are a similar age, so I imagine there's a really good chance yours will do the same.
you gave me hope .i used the above mentioned oils and they started to be soft not as though there were roads on your stomach,anyway it feels good to see someone who had them fade in time.thanx for sharing your experience

KittyKat
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, I do apologise for replying so late (I only just joined the site).

I have been searching stretch marks and came across this thread.

tinycities can I just ask, you said your stretch marks have completely faded and you can't even see any trace of them... was that due to losing the weight you have lost? Or did they fade like that when you were heavier?

I too have alot of stretch marks through gaining weight in my teens (I am 22 years old now). I have lost the weight and gained it back about 3 times. But this time, I gained it back plus an extra stone or more on top! which has resulted in me gaining NEW stretch marks in the past year. I have new purple/red stretch marks on top of the old ones and next to them... so an area where my old stretch marks are has gotten larger due to new ones developing :(. I guess it's because I am at my heviest I have ever been, so have stretched my skin to the limits.