General chatter - Gingerbread cookies

View Full Version : Gingerbread cookies

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok..so i know this is a weight loss forum...however, i really wanted to do something nice for my DH and his favorite thing is gingerbread cookies. Well today I tried a recipe from the joy of baking. I failed miserably. I gave it the 2+ hrs in fridge like it said but it was a sticky mess. I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for gingerbread cookies. I have a second half of the batch that i'm going to leave in fridge overnight to see if it works out better. But i'd like to get an idea of what other people have used in the past and have succeeded with.

weegreenlassie
11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Usually leaving the dough in the fridge overnight is the key... 2 hours is the bare minimum for chilling cookie doughs, and it "works", but-- as you noticed, it's VERY sticky.
If you're still having trouble with the sticky-factor, add some cake or all-purpose flour-- Just a light dusting, and knead it in until it's stiff like cookie dough should be :)

I, personally, like Betty Crocker's cookie recipes, but, then I add weird dashes of this and that... I really just use them as guidelines :)

Good luck with the cookies!!!
And here's one of my favorite cookie cutter sets:
http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1402