Weight Loss Surgery - The woman in my life hate me...LOL

missangelaks
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I know I shouldn't still be surprised that I am losing weight but I AM surprized!! I went down to the mall and bought a knew pair of jeans...size 12!! I remember not 2 weeks ago, being soooo happy that my size 14 finally fit me so that I could sit down without squeezing me like a tube of toothpaste! Now I am comfortably in a size 12.

Ok, now for why I put that all the woman in my life hate me...my daughter is jealous, my brothers girlfriend is sick of hearing it, my friends at work roll there eyes when I walk in the room..."you're getting skinnier???" Now, not only am I shocked that I am still losing weight (if you remember, anything past 224 was all gravy to me!) I am feeling guilty for being smaller then everyone around me and still saying things like "A size 12??? me???" I can't help it but now they all are getting annoyed.

I am wondering if I should just LET them be jealous and take it all in, or if I should just be quiet about it and just KNOW I am doing well instead of talking about my shock every time I buy a new pair of jeans! LOL

Terrible place to be in though, eh? Ahhhhh poor Angela, just getting too thin and healthy...poor baby! :D

Angela

raw23
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
It's their problem. Maybe just don't talk about your weight loss anymore. I mean, what else can you do - your not going to stop losing weight so other people will like you more, right?

BumpSetSpike
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Great job! Don't worry about it. Just keep going. Maybe not talk about it so much about it, I got that too my first ten pounds and my friends got tired of it really quick.

Hey :) I'm in Nampa. Nice to see someone so close here!

nitenurse
11-16-2008, 10:37 PM
wow thats impressive because i weigh 145lbs and wear a size 12 too!!!

missangelaks
11-16-2008, 10:40 PM
LOL I have been told I talk too much anyway...hehe So maybe I will change the subject! It's only fair to say though that I don't talk to the people I work with much, I just walk through their classrooms and I get the eye rolls, nothing I can do about that. LOL

BumpSetSpike!! HOLLA!! Nampa is a jump away! AND I LOVE CHOPIN TOO!!! My father used to play all the time when I was a kid, good memories! I play a few preludes! :D

Angela

nanj
11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Hey Salsalicious Girl: I'm so happy for you! Just be happy for yourself. I've not said much about my sizes to my girls and family because..........well, just because. BUT.....my girls are giving me their jeans and clothes because they are outgrowing (oldest) or too big (youngest). Saves me from buying them. Only problem is I'm almost sixty and they are in their thirties and if they give me one more pair of jeans with tight thighs and flared bottoms, short tops (which I understand I'm suppose to wear a long T-shirt under), low-riders...LOL!! When I went too my one year check up, my oldest daughter called and asked how it went and then she said did the doctor tell you that you were too skinny. Then her DH said to me that my daughter can probably take me now because she weighs more than me!! I was upset because I don't want any of my kids to have a weight problem and for her dumb arse hubby to tease her about it!!!!!!! Enjoy yourself because like most of us it is a pleasant shock and it has been so long. I know my family is happy that I'm healthier, have more clothes styles that I can wear (well besides elastic waists and stripes, plaids and florals), but don't dwell on it too much! If they have asked me how much I weigh I tell them, but most of all I encourage them to eat healthy and not get where I was. I would kill me to see my kids so unfit and sick and I haven't been a very good example for them.

Lipgloss
11-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Well what I want to say is this.
Firstly Congratulations and whey to go girl!!!!!!!
I look at it like this,
You deserve to be very happy and to Love yourself, as if before you were like me now, and Did not like yourself or love yourself, Its about time you loved your self because you deserve it.
You have worked really hard to get to were you are at now so milk it Girl!!

KO
11-17-2008, 10:03 AM
if you want to boggle at yoru new sizes do it here. I got a lot of guilt from my heavier gfs and it slowed my losing.

Thighs Be Gone
11-17-2008, 10:08 AM
YES, YES, YES. I don't discuss the loss with anyone unless they ask me specific questions. I come here--to discuss all weight related issues with my weight loss "sisters." I know all of you are just as interested in the journey as I am. It does make my heavier friends feel uneasy--I know because I have been there and understand. I really dislike vague questions from people like, "what are you doing?" The reason why is that I don't want to give them misinformation and the changes have been much more than merely reducing calories and exercising.

Thighs Be Gone
11-17-2008, 10:09 AM
KO, I have to say that when I get to 135 it will be extremely difficult for me to stay quiet! Good work!

Thighs Be Gone
11-17-2008, 10:11 AM
nanj...you wear those low-rise, flair legged pants with the short tops...you deserve it! :)

Thighs Be Gone
11-17-2008, 10:14 AM
LOL, I am so going to bust myself here. There is a woman I know and really don't care for--fake, plastic-ey, overweight and heavily make-up'd, etc. She has been rude to me on many occasion. I see her regularly and always make sure I am looking particularly HAWT when I am coming across her. Yep, I love watching her pretend she is distracted with someone/something else when I am around her.

greeneggsandtam
11-17-2008, 10:38 AM
In a previous life I know I would feel jealous when any friends of mine would lose weight. I understand now that I was so unhappy with myself, that I couldn't be happy for anyone else. What gets me crazy is that it never dawned on me when I was younger that the only person stopping me from being happy was me.

Extasee58865
11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I am wondering if I should just LET them be jealous and take it all in, or if I should just be quiet about it and just KNOW I am doing well instead of talking about my shock every time I buy a new pair of jeans! LOL
Angela

**** no you should not be quiet! You worked so hard to get where you are, if they are annoyed that is their problem! Don't let them discourage you from celebrating your accomplishments! I went shopping yesterday & bought a pair of 16, the first time I've bought 16 in YEARS! You bet your butt I told every person I could! Be proud of yourself and if that means flaunting it, then girl, flaunt it! :carrot:

4star
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
If people never tried to succeed b/c people would be jealous of them, no one would ever get anywhere in life. That's their personal issue, if they are jealous of your weight loss, they can make a trip to the doctor and find a plan that will work for them! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Leenie
11-17-2008, 01:14 PM
IMHO, there's no reason to talk about it anymore... the proof is in the JEAN SIZE :s: WHOOOT !!!

Besides, if they are your friends you really don't want to turn them off. Jealousy is a monster.

Size 12, you go girl !! whooot !!!

KO
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Whenever people work to change themselves. . .unhappy people get jealous b/c why can we change ourselves and they can't (not just weight related)
Embrace the you you want to be!

missangelaks
11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow, what a response! Thanks for the food for thought!

Ok here is what I garner from what was said in answer to this thread....

*I am who I am and I will embrace that with my childlike enthusiasm :D

*BUT...only with those here on this site that understand or are aspiring to it.

*I don't need to talk about it anymore

*especially with people that have their own issues about who they are.

AND size 12 rocks!!! My goal is a size 8 which seemed like an impossibility until just now.

Thanks so much,

Angela

Lipgloss
11-17-2008, 04:28 PM
:hug:You go girl!!!:hug:

AAAA
11-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Enjoy it. You're working hard & should be allowed to reap the rewards.

FlourGirl
11-18-2008, 07:10 AM
I am wondering if I should just LET them be jealous and take it all in

~~~~~~~STRUT YOUR STUFF~~~~~~~~~

This is YOUR JOURNEY, YOUR TIME TO SHINE SWEETIE....DO NOT LET ANYONE TAKE THAT FROM YOU!!! Who cares what they think? It's all about YOU!! If your like me you have allowed yourself to be put on the back burner and have always put others before yourself. Now, that I'm allowing myself to come first...I feel guilt. No one else is making me feel guilty but me...it's silly. I don't think we should feel guilty! If you wanted to shout from the roof tops about your success I would say "go for it sista"!!!!

You keep up the good work. If they are rolling their eyes then let them roll their eyes!! LOL!!!!

See Ya'

Chrissy

Jennelle
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
wow thats impressive because i weigh 145lbs and wear a size 12 too!!!

Did you notice that the OP is nearly 5'10"? How tall are you? Do you know anything about her workout habits?

I would like to point out that when I weighed 163 lbs. and was working out every single day, I was a size 8. I was packed with muscle, which weighs more per square inch than fat.

heather88
01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow, Jennelle has your back! Lol.

If it were me fitting into a size 12 . . . you bet your butt I would be ecstatic and tell everyone around me. I would probably get a little bit of sick enjoyment out of others being jealous of my weightloss and pants size. You go girl!

tjjsmom
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Angela,
Do you! There will always be someone jealous of you for one reason or they other. You made a decision to get healthy they will just have to deal with it!
When did you have your surgery?

missangelaks
01-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi!

I had it Feb 4th 2008...I am now in a size 10 in some jeans! woohoo!

Angela

KforKitty
01-15-2009, 05:24 AM
I'm gettting the little bit of the jealousy now from people. Usually its a done in a jokey manner but I know that many a true word is spoken in jest. I have a policy of only mentioning my size, how much I've lost etc if they start the conversation. If they ask they can expect me to crow!

Kitty

joyra
01-15-2009, 05:40 AM
A woman at my old job had WLS and I'd say the first half of her weight loss everyone was like "Wow, you look great!" and the 2nd half people weren't so nice... kind of like you said "Oh you lost MORE weight" or "when are you going to stop losing" or "you're STILL dieting?" I admit it, I had a half-*** attempt at dieting and lost a lb here or there and she just blew past me, losing 5 lbs a week... I was jealous!

I think people are generally supportive of weight loss surgery, especially when someone is very obese... I think it's when they start looking better than everyone else that people start to have a problem with it.

Anyways, congratulations--size 12! And 14 two weeks ago? Wow!

beerab
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
WTG girl!

I just started fitting into my size 16's again and I'm ECSTATIC! When I started I was at the point where my 18's were starting to fit me tight!

I've just been working out at the gym and doing weights and my hubby has complimented me- since my weight loss hasn't been too much- no one has said anything yet- but they all know I'm dieting- I know the day will come when people start saying "wow girl are you losing weight?!" lol.

As for the haters? Excuse my French but F*** them :D

Tomorrow walk into work BACKWARDS with your butt sticking out- when they ask what you are doing say "showing off my hot arse." lol ;)

Seriously it's like I have one friend who is working on weight loss too- she's losing faster than I am- and yes I admit I am a bit jealous- but she doesn't have PCOS like I do and in reality I am happy for her- I never express my jealousy at all- I just say "wow you look great keep it up!"

Girl you are keeping me motivated though- keep it up!

nanj
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I loved that!!! Hey Ange, I'm jealous and I haven't even seen you in your jeans!!! I'll never be in tens again. I have the biggest childbearing hips and a big waist and no butt. Shaped like an eggplant. You can't put size 8s and 10s on an eggplant. Well, you could but I'm sure someone would call the police, I go to jail and be charged with assaulting a fruit. I don't think that is a felony though!

I feel silly today. Below zero, wind is kicking up and I would like a piece of blueberry crumble bread!!! I'd just choke on it anyway. Hope I can make it to work tonight. My client called and wouldn't let me come over because of the whiteouts.

Anytime ANYONE can lose weight, I'm thrilled for them!!! I don't get jealous because I want them healthy and fit because of all the crap I have been through! But....I am a little irked when I go to look for clothes and my 12s and 14 are still considered large! Now that is just plain vanity. My shoulders and chest are mediums, arms are XL, waist is large and fanny is small! I sound like I just described a character from the Muppet Show!!! I'm hearing, "You not still losing weight are you? Do you still want to lose weight? Are you anoerexic? and the best one "So I've never seen you eat that much before!" That was from my sister when I ate a square of pizza (without the outside crust) and took the topping off the next piece! Sheesh!!!

Well, better go. Granddaughter wants to have a tea party. She iwas making out invitations to me and her dolls. She is only four and when I read mine I told her that she had spelled a cuss word and I was going to tell Granddad! Now she didn't, but the look on her face was priceless. Now she is mad at me, but I noticed her getting the Diet Raspberry Snapple and apples out on the kitchen counter. Still rather have blueberry crumble bread! Dang it! LOL!

Enjoy yourself, but remember you were where they are now and it is not too nice a place to be!! Be kind to them and try very hard not to give them the finger!!! LOL!!!! And if you feel you must, do it with fineness!!!!

beerab
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
geez nanj, I think asking someone if they are anorexic is the worst remark ever!

My sister is 5 feet tall and 110 pounds, she's curvy and beautiful- I'd kill for her stomach lol- and in high school people would say she was anorexic and it would PISS ME OFF to no end. It was all jealousy and hate because 1- my sister was ALWAYS eating, and 2- anorexic people aren't curvy and busty and as active as my sister is.

KO
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Nan all that JibberJabber is Just BS ppl can't wrap their heads around someone else successfully changing and your sis well she can look all she wants
NOw
Step away from the crumble!
I suggest getting some dried B-berries a Packet of plain oats Splenda and cinamon
Then again wild blueberries make me pass out!
*hug*