Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 02:23 PM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I want to be a loser again.....

Hi Everyone. I have lost that losing feeling....(to pseudo-quote a great song) and am trying to get it back. I've been following ww's for almost 12 weeks now, and have only lost 10 lbs. My body, when I was following plan to the "t" had few slow or no losses. And now, I hate to say but .....I've recently gone off plan by not journalling. I still try to follow my pts, but do it in my head. Yeah, I know .....I know, what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing, but I can't seem to get in back in gear and start doing all the right stuff again. I am so mad and frustrated.....more frustrated and upset with myself.What I need is a good cry and some help, and all of you have been so good with suggestions and support in the past.......could you please help me? I know its within me to start again, pick myself up.....but if you could give me a booster shot of some motivation I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2002, 09:12 PM   #2  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

What if you try staying on points for 6 days a week and then on the 7th day you eat whatever you want without journalling? This has been shown to help your metabolism. Maybe if you try that for a week or two that might give you the motivation you need.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:43 PM   #3  
I wish I was a catfish

Angel - what are you using to journal? Those WW journals they hand out can be quite boring. I recently purchased a Diet Minder journal off of half.com and I absolutely love it. I also do what Freedom said and I journal (for the most part) 6 times a week and I have a free day where I don't journal. Anyway, this Dietminder book (and I think that there's a link to a description or order form on the other dieters page of 3fatchicks) has a place to keep up with your food and exercising. It has graphs to chart your progress and places to put photos and write goals. It just keeps me more interested than the regular WW journal.

That's my 2-cents worth.
Old 04-27-2002, 05:04 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

Wink thank you!

Hi Ladies. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I lost 3.2 lbs!!! I had no idea of what to expect from my weighin and frankly, after the few weeks of non-journalling and missing 2 out of 3 meetings....I was very unsure of myself. I must of been guessing my pts around my range but only started "back on track" since Wednesday journalling again. I can not tell you how much I appreciated everyones ideas and support. It probably won't be the last time either, but it sure came at a time when I really needed it. Thank you!

Old 04-29-2002, 01:02 PM   #5  

Congrats on sticking with it and going back to journalling--and your 3.2 pound loss!

I'm with Amy on finding a journal that you like. I bought the WW 12-week journal and it's been great. I journal 99% now and I can carry it with me everywhere.

When I get the "I've lost that losing feeling", I visit success stories here and at WW. It really helps to encourage me, as I am a very slow loser (average .5 per week).

Another site with good info and encouraging words is waynewatcher.com (He's a WW leader out east).

All the best to you and I wish you continued success!
Old 04-29-2002, 05:34 PM   #6  
soon to be goddess

Wink Hi, its nice to meet you!

Hi MN_chick. Thanks for the encouragement and the tip on the 12wk journal. I will look at them next meeting. How long have you been on program? And if you don't mind.....how do you get your head around a .5 lb loss each week? Please don't feel hurt by my question......its just I know I don't feel like I've lost until its a sizeable amount each week. I have to come to terms with this, as any loss is a loss.....RIGHT?(and thats a good thing). Another member just recently told her story at meeting, she's lost 97 lbs but has taken her almost 2 yrs. In tracking her wt loss, she noticed that on a 4 wk month, she would only lose 2 weeks. Steady but consistent was her message. This is what I have to realize, that everybody is unique and has an individual program. What I find discouraging is......someone else can have a 4 lb weightloss vs my .8 loss. Or someone else who started at the same time as I did has lost 25 lbs vs my 10 lbs. You see?....this is what I HAVE TO GET MY HEAD AROUND. (hence my question to you) When do you weigh in? For me, its Sat. am. Good luck to you!!
Closed Thread