Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 120/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Default don't watch p.s. I love you

As I type this... I am ashamed to say that I am eating my second slice of pizza... It's MIDNIGHT - and I should be sleeping or doing something other than eating...

But I feel so sad. I just watched PS I Love You and I felt so depressed afterward. I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years recently and I miss him so much. Even though I did the breaking up, it still hurts. I didn't break up with him because he cheated on me or did anything "bad" specifically... but he just made me feel bad about myself and encouraged my binging...

And now I'm here - sad and eating pizza
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5"2

hey dont feel sad, that is good that you got rid of that guy hey maybe he wasn't a jerk but if he wasn't making you feel good about yourself than it is better to let him loose and well work on yourself first and than you will be able to find someone that could love and support you and treat you the way you should be treated like a princess. So stop eating pizza because it's just going to give you heartburn, is it pepperoni? I cant eat pizza well pepperoni pizza after 6 pm because than I get heartburn. Anyways I'm here for you if you would like to chat back and forth with these quick posts. let me know I'm going to get off soon.
pippy90505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #3  
Ready to do this!

S/C/G: 215/197/145

Height: 5'7

Just remember hon that you want a man that makes love and life feel that special. Movies like that make us want love and sometimes we forget that any love won't do. "The One" should make you feel special, should make you feel like the best version of yourself. You'll find it. The guy you're not with now is a learning experience and the happy times with him a gift. But you'll get to the whole package.
reddahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default i cry too

My daughter had that movie on the other day and I left the room after about 10 minutes, I wasn't even really watching it, was trying to read by the fire, but none the less, I was tearful right away.
I am a big blubbering bawler with tearjerkers, or even any poignant moment in almost any movie.
If you don't have someone to share the blues with it IS hard.
I think you were quite brave to break up with someone who was unsupportive and didn't think you were the best.
I am so happy now for a friend of mine, who dated a lot of and on for several years. Many people told her she was being too picky, but I say, be picky rather than regretful. She has finally found someone worth her while, and she is really happy, and so is the guy.
So you should be picky too.
Best of luck, and hope you can end this binge. Go out for a walk now.
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #5  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I bawled through that whole movie. It did make me want to go to Ireland, though.

And back away from the pizza! Seriously, dust yourself off and get back on track. Since you broke up with your boyfriend, you probably had a good reason for doing so, especially if he's not supportive of you. It took guts to walk away, so you should be proud of yourself for not staying in the situation just for the sake of having someone.

It's hard but it gets better.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

A person may be a great person but sometimes people don't bring out the best in each other. Good for you to be moving on. You will be ready for your prince this way. Yes, push away the pizza!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #7  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

It is OK to be sad and cry! I know that eating can distract from the pain, but if you feel the pain, you learn and grow and get through it, which increase the chances that it won't keep coming back later on. Pizza is not a good substitute for love.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 120/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all of your kind comments

I know I made the right decision... but it's hard to turn down comfort food when things get hard...

And it was just cheese pizza, I don't really like pepperoni :P But I did end up getting a tummy ache afterward :/
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #9  

The movies arn't real life...real life is better!

You might miss him now, that's normal, but I echo everyone else - you did the right thing. Last September my 2 -yr relationship quite abruptly came to an end. I had a feeling it was for the best...anyway now I've been with a really *amazing, amazing* guy for ... 9 months? and we've lived togther for 7 of those! He's excellent, such an improvement (lol) and I love him so much.

You wait, there's something better round the corner..
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote