Old 11-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Everything tastes sweeter and/or saltier

...but at least my pants didn't fall off.

Seriously though I drank some juice earlier today and thought I surely must have accidentally bought the non-light version but when I checked the label it was the same kind I always get. But it tasted like twice as sweet as I'm used to.

I've always been a salt-lover but now even my deli turkey seems way to salty to me. Also I bought some chicken that had been seasoned by the butcher at my local grocery store and I thought it was super salty even though I'd had things like that before and they were fine.

Anyone else experience this?
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've definitely noticed that for both sugar and salt, that my taste perception and preferences changes according to what I get used used to. The less I eat, the lower my tolerance. My family growing up never used much salt. The salt shaker was almost never on the table (corn on the cob was about the only exception), so I've never had much of a "salt tooth," so most salty foods like potato chips or canned soups have always tasted way too salty to me, but it's now almost unbearable. I've often thought how weird it is that many foods taste nothing like I remember them.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

YES! I notice the same things. Things are much greasier, saltier, sweeter, etc.. I've also noticed that as I elminate foods and get over withdrawls, my cravings change. Instead of sweets or fast food, I crave nutty flavors, cheese, etc..

Right now I am on a serious apple craze. Good thing they are only 50 calories and the sugar is natural!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Yup. I've never had a sweet tooth, but salty foods were always my downfall. Now things taste SO much saltier to me. I have cut way back on the salt I cook with and with seasoning things after cooking as well.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

Yes, especially the sweets! I still use salt (not as much as I use to) so it's not a big difference, but the surgary stuff is very different! Also greasey foods usually appealed to me, but now they sort of turn my stomach
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #6  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Oh I know. I drank nothing but water and diet pepsi this past week and today I got some grape juice and even after diluting it with water I couldn't drink it because it was so sweet! Usually grape juice is my fav next to cranberry juice
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

Height: 5'6

I have noticed that my sense of taste has become more acute. I don't need to eat as many potato chips as before. They are too greasy. I bought a Big Grab bag of Wavy Lays. This lasted me a whole week. I can't drink a whole regular Coke. Even diet soft drinks are two sweet.

I am more interested in fruit, nuts, and cheese. I have been using agave nectar instead of other sweetners. It has a very neutral taste to it. It tasted similar to sugar water. I like it because it is light and the glycemic level in it is low. This is good for my BF because he has diabetes.
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote