Old 11-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #1  

Default That behind is too big to be mine!

Sadly....it is mine. All mine. No one else to blame or point the finger (or taquito) at. This is my doing and it will be my undoing.

I lost over 40 lbs a few years ago by simply cutting out sugar and white flour and exercising. I had quit smoking and was on medication at the time, yet I lost almost effortlessly. Cut to a year ago....I weaned myself off of all medication (yipppee!!), quit smoking after starting again (quit 4/2007..yipppeee!!), and put on 50 lbs (boooo!) I tried cutting out sugar and white flour again, followed the Fat Smash diet, had many false starts as well as "I will begin anew tomorrow!" My body is done with my screwing around. I have to lose this weight.

Which brings me here. I have been reading many of your posts and am looking forward to getting to know you all. You all are very supportive and uplifting to one another! I haven't yet decided whether to attend meetings or to do WW at Home. I am leaning more on the At Home option as it is more convenient and less costly, but I also want to be sure that I don't screw up again.

Anyways, thank you for reading and best to you all on your journeys!
PixieStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #2  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 207/177/147 (?)

Height: 5'4"

Hi Pixie. I love the taquito bit. Congrats on quitting smoking; if you can do that, you can surely lose the weight as well.
A lot of people have success with WW, and there is a board on here for that. My MIL does TOPS, and I know for her the accountability of meeting and weigh-ins helped her lose the weight when a lot of other things had failed. But YMMV.
shrillharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hey Pixie welcome
I think most on these boards can identify with the down then up then wanting to be down syndrome. btw congrats on the smoking (I quit too many years ago) Have not gotten off the medication and most likely never will but that is something to work around.

I do the at home because of costs and my work schedule. The meetings in my area are mid afternoon and folks like me have to work! anyway...glad you jumped on feel free to post often I look forward to getting to know more about you too
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #4  
cher37

Hello there Pixie-Chick

Yep, been there...done that & back again!

I quit smoking 11yrs ago, and sometimes, it is soooo tempting to start back up again (its easy to think that if I had a smoke instead of eating, I`d lose weight again - but it definitely is NOT the healthy way of going about it!)

I joined WW last Sept, & as I said somewhere else today (I just can`t remember where, so forgive me if this is a repeat..) , I lost 28lbs, stopped, thought I could do it on my own & gained back 25lbs! I am so thankful for 3FC & this forum that I can have the accountability & support without the stress of making it to meetings (that most of the time were not motivational anyway (.. I know .. every leader is different.. blah blah blah! LOL!)

Anyways - Welcome, there`s lots of info on the main WW board (there are some ladies that are not official WW members but still follow the plan) & I`m sure that if you have any questions, there`ll be someone here that`ll be more that willing to help you

- cher