30-Somethings - What do you wash your face with?

View Full Version : What do you wash your face with?

SBD Sass
11-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Just curious because I'm using Neutrogena and thinking about switching over to Clinique's 3-2-1 just to try it out. I have some very crazy pore issues going on. Anyway, what do you wash your face with?

Nichole28
11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I use Mary kay time wise 3 in 1 cleanser OMG I love this stuff it is amazing. I buy it on ebay so I get it a little cheaper.

Shannon in ATL
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I alternate between Neutrogena Oily Skin Facial Bar & Mary Kay Time Wise cleanser.

raw23
11-12-2008, 02:34 PM
The Mary Kay 3-in-1 is good stuff.

I use a apricot scrub. St Ives I think.

JulieJ08
11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Cetaphil, except I get the store brand. And I just use my hands. Nice and gentle. Doesn't do the job on mascara though.

2fat2bphat
11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
RareMinerals "Renew and Reveal". It's a powder. About 1/4tsp in palm, add water, mix it to make lather. Doesnt dry my face out - yet, no longer do I get the oily T.

Satisfaction
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I use Clean and Clear Morning burst. I love the citrus-y smell and tingle it gives. I also use the clean and clear morning burst anti shine face lotion after as well. I have alot of issues with oily skin and this helps me out a ton.

I know some of them out there you gotta be careful for, cuz they will make you break out more!!!

tigger175
11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I know this might be strange, but I just wash my face with water. I don't normally wear makeup and when I wash with water I don't have any problems, but when I wash with a face wash I sometimes get acne.

paniania
11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Good old Cetaphil. Sometimes baking soda thrown into the mix to gently exfoliate.

Apple Cheeks
11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
* Garnier Nutritioniste gentle face wash gel -- I use this almost daily.

* St Ives Apricot Scrub - Once or twice a week to exfoliate and get that "fresh" look

* Olay Deep Cleansing wash creme - I use this once in a while when I think my skin needs some extra moisturizing

And I generally only use my fingers/hands when washing. I would never use a wash cloth or loofah on my face -- the skin is just too delicate.

ViolinJenn
11-13-2008, 07:07 AM
I use Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser, then I use a non-alcohol toner for oily skin by Lush! This toner is great, all natural and no harsh chemicals! I then use Aveeno's skin friming moisterizer on my dry sections of my face only.

Ufi
11-13-2008, 01:51 PM
NutriBiotic Fresh Fruit Skin Cleanser. I like that it comes in a pump, so I use it in the shower. Other times, just water and a cloth.

caaassseeyy
11-13-2008, 01:55 PM
I use proactive. it really works. =]

SweetCurves32
11-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I have two favorites that I can't be without. They are both by Burt's Bees. One is the Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream and the other is Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub. I love the way these two products make my skin look, and feel.

luvja
11-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I use Neutrogena Oil free acne wash. Used this stuff for a long time. It helps with breakouts. I find if I switch to another product (example - Clearasil) I get worse breakouts. Neutrogena all the way!

mommyfat
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I use Neutrogena as well and I love it. I use the Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser and Scrub (alternating morning and night). I also use the skin treatment that goes along with it for all day clarifying. It is the best I've ever used. I've tried Proactiv and that worked for a while, but once I hit my thirties and developed rosacea, the only thing that has worked is the Neutrogena. I've tried Clinique many times in my life and I always kick myself for spending the money. It is awful!

rileyozzy
11-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I use oatmeal soap and Body Shop tea tree foam wash. I love the minty feel of the tea tree oil.

LBH
11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Ivory soap! :lol: Seriously. I have oily skin and this is what I use on my whole body everyday. Once a week or so I use this St. Ives Apricot scrub I have, but I don't love it. I realize that Ivory is too drying for people with dryer skin, but it works great for me. I really noticed a difference in my outbreaks.

I used to use I think it was Biore, some cooling face wash. Loved the way it made my face feel cool, but I'm not sure it did much to actually help my skin. :lol:

Ufi
11-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I used to struggle with breakouts and thought it was the soap, but it was actually caused by dairy.

WebRover
11-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Cetaphil, except I get the store brand. And I just use my hands. Nice and gentle. Doesn't do the job on mascara though.

Ditto here. I remove the mascara first.

cher37
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I use Mary kay time wise 3 in 1 cleanser OMG I love this stuff it is amazing. I buy it on ebay so I get it a little cheaper.

... curious ... where on ebay?

sct
11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I use Purity Made Simple by Philosophy. It doesn't dry my face out terribly like most things do.

kaplods
11-18-2008, 04:02 PM
This sounds crazy, but if you have any skin issues it's really worth trying -

Head and Shoulder's Shampoo (or any dandruff shampoo with pyrithione zinc).

I was getting seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff is the most common form of seb derm), but I was getting it not just under my hair, but other areas. It was worst on and around my nose, and not just dandruff flakes - but impetigo like oozing sores (sorry to be gross, but it freaked me out).

The dermatologist I was sent to said, my autoimmune disorder probably weakened my body's defenses against the yeast bacteria that causes seb derm, but that it can happen to anyone. She told me to use zinc shampoo as shampoo and face/body wash. It's now my only soap. You can buy expensive zinc face soaps online, but I buy Walmart's generic version of the Head and Shoulders. I use the 2 in 1 (with conditioner), because otherwise it can be a bit drying.

Not only does it keep the seb derm under control - my complexion has never looked better. I've always had combination oily and dry skin and rosacea and was prone to break outs, but it all cleared up with the H&S. If it startes to flare up, I use a zinc oxide cream at night.

offmyfranny
11-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I wash in the mornings with St. Ives Apricot Kernel Face Wash (or something like that; I've been buying it for so many years that I don't even look at the label anymore).

At night I have been using this L'Oreal Adult Acne regimen. It helps a LOT. I always have the CLEAREST skin; people used to comment on it all the time. Then I hit my 30's and am now apparently re-living puberty. Suck.

hush hush
11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I have acne-prone skin, so I am a Proactiv girl all the way!

PearFreak
11-24-2008, 08:53 AM
I switch between Dove bar soap, Olay Regenerist Thermal scrub and Garnier Nutritioniste scrub. Haven't had any problems with that routine.

Joslynn
11-24-2008, 06:31 PM
I use bar soap and water. And I have very few breakouts if any at all.

misspiggy408
11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
I use a bar of soap to take off my eye makeup, and neutrogena to wash my entire face. That keeps my face clear. But I've heard great things about the clinique 3 step system, and have friends who use it and love it.

When I used proactive, my face broke out SO BAD that I have tiny scars on my chin that I never had before, and the pimples on my face would get hard, painful, and when they popped it was messy!! But the friend I went to the store and bought it with -- she still uses it and her face looks great! I guess you just gotta try things until you find what works for you, ya know? :)

amalthia
11-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Occasionally I will use lotion around my eyes, other than that, I apply make up everyday (a full face) and remove the eye make up with vaseline at night. Other than that, I do nothing. I don't even wash my face with water, and I have really nice skin.

LandonsBaby
11-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I wash with Kiss My Face pure Olive Oil bar and then I use Coconut oil for moisturizer (the same stuff you would cook with).

nopudge
12-11-2008, 12:00 AM
I have pretty good skin, so I don't need to baby it too mnuch. I use "young Living's "morning Start" and I LOVE IT!! Gets rid of all the oil. Kind of expensive, but it lasts a long time AND you support the little guy. Smells great!!

Schumeany
12-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Cetaphil...boring I know, but I have nice skin. :) I also use their moisturizer on my face.

mizattitude
12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
i have oily skin so i only use virgin olive oil. oil disolves oil..and it works great. plus it removes makeup with one swipe. i only like waterproof mascara and it removes it without rubbing. i have tried diff soaps, but it always made my face dry. i have been using virgin olive oil for about 4 years..and nothing else

i have tried vaseline like another previous poster, but i always got eye infections from it....

ladyfyre
12-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I started using the Arbonne products and I loved them. I signed up as a consultant because I love the products so much. I use the acne wash the most becasue I have problem skin.

Macomom
12-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I use Pevonia Botanicals. I find them gently and pleasantly fragranced and they are very balancing to my skin. My skin is really sensitive to hormone fluctuations so I go from dry to oily in a matter of days...

KT75
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I usually use just warm water and my hands. When I need to wash off eye make-up I'll use something like Dove bar soap. And every now and then I prepare myself an aspirin-honey mask.

Petunia418
12-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Oil of Olay for sensitive skin. I've found that acne meds dry my face up too much in the winter, but too much moisture makes me break out. Sensitive skin products seem to work great, especially the Oil of Olay cleanser and face lotion (w/ SPF 15).

SBD Sass
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
i have oily skin so i only use virgin olive oil. oil disolves oil..and it works great. plus it removes makeup with one swipe. i only like waterproof mascara and it removes it without rubbing. i have tried diff soaps, but it always made my face dry. i have been using virgin olive oil for about 4 years..and nothing else

i have tried vaseline like another previous poster, but i always got eye infections from it....

The EVOO that you eat?? Or is it a beauty brand that you use?? Confused here.