Old 11-12-2008, 02:35 AM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Having trouble staying off the scale

Ok I need help! I need to publicly say that I will not get on the scale until my weigh-in on Monday. I know from past experience that getting on the scale 8 times a day just makes me neurotic.

So if I get on the scale before weigh-in I'm posting here and you guys better give me a hard time about it!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I tend to bounce on and off the scale myself. It used to make me a little neurotic, but not anymore. Now I just view it as entertainment. I am completely fascinated by how much my weight changes through the course of a day.

However, if you are still in the "makes you neurotic" place. I would be more than happy to help act as a cyber frying pan upside your head if you get on the dang thing before Monday!

Stay off!!! The consequences will be severe!!!!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:05 AM   #3  
eat less, move more!

Height: 5' 2"

Once in the morning is plenty. Any more than that and you really are just torturing yourself.
Billies Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 AM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

STAY OFF. I'll beat you up if you want lol!

Mine is locked in my hubby's workshop and I will get it back on saturday but not a day before!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Been there, done that. I had to lock mine in the trunk of my car.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

If it makes you happy to jump on and off the scale, please do so!

I personally love to - and, over the past year, I've come to realize that any one reading is almost meaningless.

However, if I see a reading higher than the range I've been in, that means there is something going on, and I need to pay attention.

Sue
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I can only weigh in once every couple days or once a week...I have found that hiding the scale is sometimes necessary too
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #8  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

If you are feeling obsessed then put it away... the last time I tried to lose weight I got down right nutty... weighing myself every few minutes, moving the scale to different places to see how things changed! Eeek!

Now, I am weighing each morning... I have on occasion been weighing once in the evening... but it isn't anything crazy. I either do it just because I am trying to get an idea for how my body weight fluctuates during the day --or-- because I really want to eat some junk food so I hop on the scale as a reminder of my goals.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I have that same problem! I managed to get down to just one time a day though, haha. I'd like to just weigh-in once a week, but I think I need the accountability of every day weighings.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #10  
career counselor a-gogo

Thanks everyone for the comments and threats!

For me I think the healthiest thing mentally is to weigh in weekly. I have some "women troubles" and don't have a regular cycle so I don't really have a way of knowing if TOM is affecting my weight. TOM is a bit of a flighty fellow in my life - he just shows up whenever he damn well pleases. However, after 7 days I should have a true idea about whether I lost weight or not. I think that's a good measure of accountability for now.

If I decide later that a daily weigh-in would be helpful I'll switch it up. And just because I think a weekly weigh-in is best for me doesn't mean I think it's right for others. So if you like to weigh yourself more often and that works for you I'm all for it.

And I had a real fight this morning to not jump on the scale but I managed to avoid it. Close call though!

Last edited by rodeogirl; 11-12-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #11  
career counselor a-gogo

Ummm let the beatings begin.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I am on & off my scale at least 3 times a day. But, I don't let the number bothering me day to day because I know it sometimes flucuates. Although, I have to say, i usually tend to stay the same number all day long. I don't get flucuation like I've heard some people on here get. If it helps you & you can do it without driving yourself banana's, go for it! I find it helps keep me on track & forces me to be accountable for my actions.
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Ok....because you asked for it

Now..Here's sending you some GOOD stuff!! You can do it! Hide the darn thing if you need to!

S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I check the scale every morning. Right now it keeps me accountable for what I ate (and if I exercised) the previous day. I also know that there will be minor fluctuations from daya to day and I try not to let that bother me too much. I have a few times checked the scale early in the evening to see if I could afford a snack and that works to keep me from snacking as much in the evenings now
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #15  
career counselor a-gogo

lol thanks Wannabe!!

I really believe for me it will be better initially to stick to once a week weighing so I am glad I could be honest here and say I didn't meet that part of my plan. Not beating myself up (letting you guys take care of that!) but just being honest here is super helpful. I really almost didn't post about it because I thought "oh they'll never know and think I was good" and I realized that that attitude, even about something as minor as my scale compulsion, would not be good for when the excitement wears off and I need some good old fashioned accountability.

So even though this might seem like a little issue it was sort of an integrity check for me - so thanks!