WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #1  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Default weight watchers recipes ---which ones do you like???

So I just got some weight watchers cookbooks and i'm going through them and trying to figure out which ones to try out ---anyone have any suggestions ---

today i made the spinach fettuchini with chicken and broccolli rabe--- It was my first recipe to try out and frankly i just didnt like it all that much---it was out of the New Complete Weight watchers cookbook the 2008 version its on the cover

i was surprised at how much a 1/4 of that was since it made a lot--- anyway--- what i didnt like was the robbaccio in it-- i hadn't tried it before and anyway its this reddish type lettuce that has like a bitter taste--oh and i just looked up the brocolli rabe and apparently its not broccolli at all which is what i used in the recipe ---but it was good in it--- brocolli rabe is some sort of leafy green===

the chicken in it was amazing though--- next time i'm going to just make it without the robbaccio cause i think the rest of it was good itself--- and smelled good too--

at least i have chili so if the hubby doesnt like it he can just eat the chili

So which ones do you all like??? which ones do you not like???
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Height: 5' 6"

I know this isn't overly helpful, but I never liked very many ww recipes that I tried. I have found a couple online that were really good though- an eggplant parm from Dottie's. Mostly I just adapt what we eat.
Cassidy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #3  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

thanx cassidy---

today i made the the chicken with apple and cider recipe--- it was ok but not as tasty as i would have expected or wanted--- i'm going to have to start reading these recipes very thoroughly before making them to see where i need to make some changes ---for instance this apple and cider with chicken recipe was an ok start but the noodles were just plain and did not call for any seasoning whatsoever
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #4  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

I liked the Baked Ziti from the WW website. Could use more cheese, though :X
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote