Support Groups - McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #39

View Full Version : McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #39

4myloves
11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.

:welcome:

4myloves
11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Wow, ladies! I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on posting while at work! Even though I now have a computer at home, it's still hard to find a quiet time to get on-line!

Jake is nine months old now and into EVERYTHING! He understands the word "no" now, but chooses to ignore it most of the time. He also throws mini-temper fits whenever I "get onto" him. He's a pro at standing and pulling himself up, and every now and then he'll forget what he's doing and let go. Of course, as soon as he realizes he's standing on his on, he splats down onto his diaper! He's still the most adorable little thing I've ever seen in my life :love:

I'm sorry I haven't been around as much lately as I should, I'll try to do better. Right now there are no guarantees, though! I do try to read through the posts at least once a week, just to keep track of who needs special attention in my prayers!

Love,
Cheryl

SuzyMc
11-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for starting a new thread Cheryl...the other one was getting quite long! It's good to hear from you. Sounds like Christmas will be fun at your house this year...good luck keeping Jake away from the tree! ;)

I had to go back to the doctor yesterday. This @#$% thrush/yeast infection just won't clear up! He put me on 5 more days of difulcan and then I have to call when that is gone and let him know how I am. He did mention my weight loss (8 pounds since the beginning of October) and that diabetes might be something that we should watch out for. Apparently yeast infections are hard to treat in people with high blood sugar. It doesn't run in our family and my sugar was fine in September when I had my last blood work done, so who knows?

Shelley ~ I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick too! I hope that you are feeling better by now.

Gayle ~ How are things going there?

Dee ~ Happy anniversary! 28 years is really an accomplishment! Congratulations!

Janice ~ Your winter vacation sounds like it will be heavenly! What a great Christmas present! How did your weigh in go?

gdeann
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Sounds like baby Jake is going to make a cute elf this year under the tree! Good luck with decorating Cheryl! He will love all of the cute little balls, bows and ornaments! You will get in your exercise just chasing him when he starts to walk. LOL!

Suzy, you have had a horrible time trying to recoup! Prayers continue for a recovery soon! Bless your heart!

Janice, the vacation sounds heavenly! Great idea for a mutual gift you both will enjoy!

Things are going ok here! Busy at the shop and on my "off days" running my mommy around for errands, groceries, doctor etc. Her blood is FINALLY getting regulated! We get to skip a week this coming week of lab and he increased her meds 2 days out of the 7. I'm hoping this does the trick. She hates getting out when the weather is bad. The joys of aging and taking care of aging parents... Uncle still under Hospice care, we have had 3 people pass at the nursing home and I currently have 2 clients in the hospital, one with back surgery the other with bleeding on the brain that required surgery. I like to complain about my life, but I have it really good when I see all the heartache going on around me.

Dee, happy anniversary to a great couple! You two are so very blessed to have found each other! You make a wonderful pair! Larry gifting you with diamonds??? LOL!

ShelleyM
11-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Dee-Happy belated anniversary!

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. Wow! I can't believe Jake is 9 mos old already!

Gayle-I'm glad to hear your mom is better. It must be very hard to see all the sadness around the nursing home.

Suzy-You have really had a hard time. I hope the dr can get you cleared up. I am much better today. I had lab work done, and will find out if I have a UC flare up in a couple of days. Everything is still going straight through me, which is good for my weight, but not for my body. I am actually hoping to feel well enough after work today to go to the gym for a workout.

Janice-The trip sounds wonderful. That's a nice thing to set a goal for.

Deelite
11-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Thank you for all the anniversary wishes.

Janice I got excited when I first seen that you were going to Puerta....( I thought Vallarta) Plata. Gee that would have been great to meet up with you. I have been to Puerta Plata three times. We really liked it. Where are you staying? If you like snorkeling take a bus into Sasua. It isn't far and the fish are amazing. You can see them just by walking into the ocean.
How did you make out with your weigh in?

Shelley you are going to wither away. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Don't wait to long before you go see a doctor. How are your parents doing?

Gayle I am glad that you can stay positive with all the sad things around you. Is Liz coming home for Christmas?

Suzy is the new medication working? You have been sick so long, time to get better. Your quilting is beautiful.

Cheryl I am glad to hear that Jake is keeping you busy. I am sure that you wouldn't want it any other way. He must be so cute and adorable. Have you got him on video? Maybe you can send me a small clip so I can capture his personality.

Tomorrow I go for a crown with minimal freezing. I am not looking forward to it. I have put it off for two years but I am afraid that if I don't go I might break my tooth and then I would need surgery on it. So off I go to get it done.

Taking two more days off from exercise has not made my back any better yet. I still have a few more weeks to go before I see the pain psycologist.

I haven't started christmas shopping yet. I think that I will try to do most of it in Florida. I think that I will call my God Child right away and ask him what he would like. He is only 3 years old. Just so cute.

Have a good night ladies.

ShelleyM
11-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Dee-Do you have a definite date you will be in Orlando? I am thinking if you are there on Dec 6, I can come. Let me know. We can meet for lunch and go shopping!!

I did not make the gym yesterday. I am hoping today, but I am still having severe stomach cramps now and then.

SuzyMc
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm slowly improving, but still not 100%. I have meds for today and tomorrow and then I have to report back to the doctor.

How are you feeling Shelley? Did you get the results of you tests back?

Dee ~ I hope all goes well at the dentist for you today!

Gayle ~ I'm glad that your mother is doing better! It's time that you all got a little good news.

ShelleyM
11-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Got the results back. I have something called c. diff. He put me on Flagyl and a probiotic. I have to get another stool sample in 20 days. Apparantly, this is something that can get very bad very fast. He wanted me to leave work to get the meds, which of course I didn't. I googled it and it's some sort of bacterial infection from taking the antibiotics. Of course, the Flagyl I'm taking may give me thrush/yeast infection. Suzy and I can have it together. I am depressed.

SuzyMc
11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh Shelley, c diff is horrible! It's very contagious, so be extra careful about hand washing and such. Hopefully the probiotic will save you from any further secondary infections like thrush or a yeast infection. I always eat yogurt, but I went a step further and picked up some acidophilus tablets...I figure it can't hurt and it might help!

Deelite
11-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Shelley and Suzy you girls need to get better. Take care of yourself and rest up for the weekend.

Anybody got any plans for the weekend?

We are going to a wedding social tonight. Hmm I guess many of you don't know what that is....it is a dance before the wedding to raise money for the bride and groom. There will be a silent aution, dancing and drinking with a late lunch served to sober up everyone. This social is a bit different that the usual as the groom is chinese so the lunch will have egg rolls etc as the usual lunch is rye bread and fresh cold cuts with cheese and veggies. It is a co worker of Larry's.

How do you like my new pic? I am naked in it......lol no make up. We were at the lake camping when Larry took it.

gdeann
11-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Gorgeous pic Dee! You are beautiful without makeup! I was quite surprised to wakeup to see Dee looking at me today. Have fun at the social! So then, do the couple use the raised money to help pay for the wedding?

Suzy & Shelley, both of you get well soon! I think both of you are trying to have a contest to see who can catch what quicker and keep it the longest!
{{{HUGS}}}

No big plans for the weekend. just odd and end stuff and fill in for a lady taking communion to the homebound/nursing home on Sunday. Are you guys Christmas shopping yet? We are about 50% finished!! THANK GOODNESS!

Deelite
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Gayle thanks for the compliment, you are good for my ego ;)
The couple can use the money for anything they want. Traditionally the parents pay for the wedding but now a days if the couple is working they pay for part of the wedding.
Christmas shopping Yikes what is that! I haven't started. I am hoping to do most of it at the outlet mall in Florida.

SuzyMc
11-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I think both of you are trying to have a contest to see who can catch what quicker and keep it the longest!

Thanks, but no thanks, that's a contest that I don't care to win...it's not even a contest that I want to be in!

Great picture Dee! What a pretty lady you are!

I haven't started any shopping yet, but I'm starting to make out a list and am getting ideas for what to buy...that's the hardest part for me.

It's supposed to rain here all weekend, so I think it will be a good weekend to spend in the sewing room. I have several baby quilts to finish!!

4myloves
11-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Whoo-hoo! It's FRIDAY!!!

Suzy and Shelley, man I feel for both of y'all. Those thrush/yeast infections are terrible. Shelley, I hope you get the c diff under control quickly!

Dee, beautiful! I love the new pic!

Gayle, sweet stuff, I hope things are better for you! Guess what everyone is getting from me for Christmas!

Hey Janice! Hey bigsexy, if you ever still check in!

ShelleyM
11-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Dee-You are beautiful!

coles
11-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Hello Ladies - I do check in everyday but not much new to say I guess.
Weigh in was the same. Its hard when you don't see progress but I'm hanging in.
Dee - you are beautiful, I wish I could look that good without makeup.
Shelley - C diff is very common, it shouldn't be too hard for you to get rid of. It's hard to get under control in old folks though.
Hang in there Suzy and Shelley better days ahead.
Have a great weekend gals!

gdeann
11-17-2008, 06:01 PM
helllooooooo! anyone there?

Deelite
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey Gayle I am here but I see you are gone. I had a busy day. I went to the Y and then came home and showered and headed out to the docotors. I just got back in at 4:30. I am getting a stew cooked up for supper.

We had a busy weekend too. Went to the social and won $100 gift certificate ( Yes we often win) we went out for dinner and a movie on saturday and also shopped for a bathroom sink. Sunday Larry put in a new floor for my mom in her bedrrom then we went to visit my brother. Dez came over after that with a friend and we had a visit. Busy, busy busy and I am exhausted at the moment.

coles
11-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Weigh in this morning down 4.4 pounds finally.

gdeann
11-18-2008, 08:21 AM
WOW! Great job Janice!! Doing the happy dance for ya!

SuzyMc
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Woohoo! Way to go Janice! :carrot:

Deelite
11-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Janice if you are doing the right thing it will show eventually. Good job. Now keep it up.

Just going to take an afternoon class of low impact. Talk to you all later.

ShelleyM
11-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Yay, Janice!!! I knew it would happen...

coles
11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_126.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) I was in a slump where the scale didn't move for three weeks. I was on program, off program, and then back on. It was my own fault I wasn't getting anywhere. I have been really good and not cheated at all for the past couple of weeks. Want to get into a two piece bathing suit by February 1st for Porta Plata. I am dreading all the food around at Christmas.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7925)

SuzyMc
11-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I think that's the key Janice...not getting discouraged even when the scales don't move and sticking to it! Keep it up and you'll be in the two piece suit!

I'm still battling this @#$% mess in my mouth, so dieting is still pretty easy. I'm on another course of diflucan. Who knows what the next step will be...

How are you feeling Shelley?

Dee, how is your back doing these days?

Gayle, how are things going for you there?

Cheryl, you need to start sneaking 3FC time at work again...we miss you!

ShelleyM
11-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Gayle-I love your new avatar!

Suzy-I am sorry you are still under the weather. I am doing fine now. Still on the flagyl.

Dee-When will I be meeting you? Let's make some plans, lady!

Janice-You WILL make that 2 piece bathing suit by your trip!

coles
11-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Dee - your trip to Florida is soon isn't it. Won't it be nice for you and Shelley to meet in person.
Suzy - I can understand your frustration. What is your doc saying?
Shelley - how is the C diff, sometimes they have to treat it with a couple of antibiotics at once I think.
Prayers for all the Floozie girls. Love ya gals. Get better soon.

Deelite
11-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Gayle I love your new pic of Ali. She is so cute. Is that your dog? Aww he (she is cute too) What is the dogs name?
How come you only posted a picture and didn't post to us? You are just too naughty!

Suzy you have been sick way to long. Your whole system seems to be run down. Try to rebuild it and get lots of rest. Never mind the quilts and babies and christmas. You must be pretty excited about the new grandbabies.

Janice yes you are right it won't be long now til I go to Florida. I hope that I get to meet Shelley while I am there. I need to get my christmas decorations up so when I get back we can enjoy them.
Keep working the plan you are doing great. It takes a long time to come off but we are spending the time anyways. What do you think that you could do to help yourself with all the temptations at christmas?

Cheryl yes you do need to come back here and post more. We miss you. If you can't post at work try to aim for a couple of minutes at night.

Shelley tickets are booked. I will contact you with the days that I will be in Florida. I don't really like to say to much on the internet, you never know these days. I would love to meet you.

So who is done there christams shopping? I know that Gayle was half done but maybe by now she is finished.
I haven't started yet, I am hoping that I will be able to get most of it done in Florida.

SuzyMc
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
We thought that the new baby was going to arrive last night, but as it turns out she was only teasing! I'm sure it won't be much longer though.

I'm to finish out the week of difulcan and then check back in with the doctor. I do feel a LOT better, but it's just not 100% cleared up and the doctor wants it all gone before I stop the medication.

ShelleyM
11-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Suzy-I really want to stop my meds too. I think the flagyl is making me constantly headachey and nauseous. Hope the baby stays in to term!

Dee-I replied back to you.

Gayle-Did you win on ebay?

gdeann
11-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Suzy, sending special delivery baby blessings your way!

Have you checked with the doc Shelley to see if there is anything else you could take? Hope you get better soon! You'll want to enjoy your day with our canadian chickie! Steve collects rosaries. I found an antique rosary ring from a lady in Argentina. I couldn't find another one on ebay or anywhere else on the net. I hope I didn't get taken. I honestly think it is vintage, not to sure about the antique status. Oh, well, he'll like it.

I then ordered a crime scene scarf for Liz. She is into CSI, morbid stuff like that. She decorated her entire outside of here house for Halloween using crime scene tape. I think she will get a kick out of it and I KNOW she will wear it with the colder weather.

I am basically finished Christmas shopping other then a few more things for Steve and two exchange gifts. Steve & I need to make a trip without Allie one of these days to get her gift from Santa. Don't tell, but it is a new bicycle. :-)

We purchased my mom a digital frame. I know this will freak her out because she has never been exposed to a computer. She won't understand how we were able to place pics inside of it and make it work. She would really freak out if she were to see the memory card! Ha, ha! Didn't know what else to get an 82 year old in poor health, so decided this would be cool and then upload it with older childhood pics, etc. Now to "sneak" to her house and "borrow" some more photo's!

The pic of Allie is from a few months ago. She is with Maggie our indoor miniature Dachshund. Outside we have Harley: Rottweiler/Shephard mix and Sophie: Border collie mix. Both of the outdoor dogs are complements of people dropping off their strays. :-(

Steve went hunting and Allie is going to help me today to try to see if we can clean a bit on this house. Fun! Fun!

4myloves
11-22-2008, 10:48 PM
So I know I'm not checking in like I should :sorry:

4myloves
11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
CRAP! I typed a long post and I lost it!

I hate it when that happens.

ShelleyM
11-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Cheryl-Sorry about the lost post!

Gayle-My parents received a digital frame last year and don't keep it turned on. I can't convince them that it is okay, but whatever!

I am certainly hoping it works out that I can see Dee. Our schedules aren't matching well, so I am asking for a day off to drive up for lunch. I hope they let me! I'm so excited!

Deelite
11-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Shelley I hope it works out too. So close yet so far. If only Larry was going to Ft. Myers this time. Shh we have to make it work. I know that I won't be back to Florida for a long time. Let's do it. The power of positive thinking girls. Help us out. Invision Shelley and I meeting for lunch and laughing and talking all about you gals. We can do it.

Deelite
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah Gayle we got mom and dad a digital picture frame for christmas last year. It worked out well as you remember mom ended up in the hospital for christmas til new years so she played it the whole time they were there. Then when they went away for the winter they took it with them. They haven't had it on lately I guess we should down load some new photos.

gdeann
11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Sending great vibes you two can get together! Just remember to keep it nice when your talking about the rest of us! LOL! Wish we could ALL BE THERE!

I have been sorting 82 years worth of photo's! My mother, bless her heart! Years ago she placed them in the old magnetic type album popular at that time. Now, over the years, they are either stuck to or falling out of the pages. I am removing and writing info on the back of all that need it. I then decided to organize by family, etc. My simple project of creating a digital frame presentation may have turned into a winter project! LOL! By the way... my mother believes mothballs take care of any buggy or creature who may decide to visit your home. So, the same time I am sorting, I am getting "gassed" by the mothball fumes!!

SuzyMc
11-24-2008, 08:23 AM
What a labor of love Gayle! I'm sure your mother will love the frame and the added organization!

Dee and Shelley, I hope that you can work it out so that you can get together...it would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity when you are going to be that close!

We're still waiting for baby here. Maybe she's waiting for a Thanksgiving birthday as was originally predicted.

Deelite
11-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Suzy let us know as soon as the little one is born. It must be exciting for you and your family.

Gayle yuck moth balls. Funny how we know what that is but I don't if our kids have any idea what we are talking about. That's a big project. Not that I want to suggest more work for you but have you thought of scanning all the pics so that you can have a digital photo album and them you can get rid of some of the photos? They take us so much room. I know that you have to scan the ones you want for the photo frame but what about your albums? Just a thought.

I got to get out the door to the gym.

Shelley I hope that your principal gives you a go. Thanks everyone for sending the good vibes.

Deelite
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Shelley I was scared to click on the site to see if you posted. I hope that I will hear good news from you. I will check and see if you emailed me. My everything is crossed!

I just got back from a bit of pampering. I had a pedicure. Nice message.

ShelleyM
11-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Good news!! I'm going up to see Dee!! It may even work out better than I thought. Patty might leave the car here and I will pick her up on the way back from Dee's. She is attending a concert here the day after. I will be able to stay a bit later than I originally thought if that happens because her last class is 6:45. Yay!!!!!!!!!

coles
11-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I am happy for you two, when is the date?
Weighed in this morning and only lost 1 pound. I'm trying not to get discouraged.

Deelite
11-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Shelley alright more good news. I just read my email and now I am more excited to know that we can spend more time together. I am thrilled to be able to meet you in person.
Gee it is a good thing I chose to eat prunes instead of cookies today for my sweet snack. I wouldn't want to put on the pounds. lol
Since we are exercise nuts we can head out for a walk after lunch.

Janice that is a good loss. I know that you are trying hard just keep it up the pounds will keep coming off of you. Is there anything that you need to tweek in your diet? How about your exercise routine?

SuzyMc
11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the 170's Janice...that is awesome! :carrot:

I am holding at 154...that's a 10 pound loss since I first got sick at the beginning of October. The good thing (if there is a good thing) about having thrush is that I was advised to avoid all sugar because yeast thrives on sugar, so I've had almost zero sugar since October and it seems that I have broken my sugar addiction. I just hope I can keep it that way and stay away from sugar over the holidays.

ShelleyM
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Janice-Great on the WI!!

Suzy-Wow! 10 lbs. You must be looking great!

Dee-I just ate a huge spaghetti dinner and even had some garlic bread. It's been awhile, but Patty is home and wanted spaghetti for dinner. The garlic bread loaded with butter was calling my name. I'll take spin in the morning to work it off since I don't have to work tomorrow. A walk sounds wonderful. I'd better bring some walking shoes. Notice the join dates?? We've been in touch for 8 years without ever meeting in person. I only wish everyone could join us! Come on Gayle, wouldn't you love a quick trip to Fl next week??

Deelite
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Shelley you make quite the detective! Shh am I slow or what. Hard to beleive that it has been 8 years. Speghetti dinner sounds yummy. I went to a dessert party last night and I put two pieces of cake on my plate but only ate 1/2 of each one. Yes you definitely will need to bring your shoes we can walk and talk after lunch.

How cool are the mornings and evenings Shelley? Is a sweater warm enough and capris?

That would be so cool if everyone would join us. What do you think girls?

I surprised Shelley last night and called her....lol She didn't recognize my voice, I didn't sound canadian enough.hehe I actually thought that Shelley sounded similar to Gayle. I just was so excited that I had to share my excitement with someone so I called her.

Janice you are doing good, keep plugging at it. If you don't the alternative is to gain and we don't want that.

Suzy no baby yet? I think that the waiting game would make me eat and eat and eat. You are doing awesome now just get better.

Gayle what are you up to these days? How many hours are you working?

Cheryl do you have your christmas stuff up yet? I bet when you do little Jake will love it. Ahh christmas with a little one.

ShelleyM
11-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Dee-What is cold to me is probably warm to you. It has been in the upper 40's to lower 50's in the mornings. You can probably just use a sweater. I think Orlando might be 5 or 10 degrees colder than where I live. It is supposed to stay in the high 70's this week, not sure what it will be next week. Capri's should be fine. I'll wear them, unless it gets colder. Then I'll probably wear a pair of jeans. I can't wait.

I just spent 3 hrs. cleaning my dining room for tomorrow. My DH is a pack rat and has computers all over my dining room, not to mention all the cables, stereos and everything else. Thank goodness people don't come over often. Anyway, I got it all removed and it actually looks like a dining room again. He just got home and wanted to know what I did with all the monitors. Well, I took them down to the trash. There's a cable on one of them he needs. Oh well, the stuff has been sitting around collecting dust for way too long and I am sick and tired of it. He better watch it because I might just attack the carport. It looks like we are white trash out there.

Deelite
11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info Shelley. You are right when you think it is cool out it is probably warm to me. Are you still wearing shorts?
That was a big clean up job you did! Larry cleanned out a room last night that was full of stuff from Vivian and Lucky. He just moved it out to the pool house but I got to get rid of the stuff. Most of it is cross stitch material and patterns. I was hoping to sell it but haven't learned how to do that on ebay.

Who is cooking Thanksgiving dinner friday? Are you having big gatherings?

Janice and I will be good catholics and eat our fish on friday....lol

coles
11-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I saw on facebook that you cleaned your dining room for three hours Shelley, now I understand why it took you that long.
I didn't leave the house today. I didn't have to work and it snowed all day. I wrapped presents and lazed around. Doug is still working out of town so its pretty quiet around here, just Maggie, Angelica and me.
I hope you two will take some pictures that you will share with the rest of us.
I was discouraged with only losing one pound but it has been pointed out to me that its the pound that took me out of the eighty's and into the seventies.

ShelleyM
11-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Dee-I am actually wearing sweatpants most days when I get home from work. I'll be wearing them today after my run also. I think I will just go ahead and wear jeans for coming to visit you. They are the most comfortable for the ride and anything can be done in them, except for running.

Janice-Yes, that 1 lb took you out of the 180's. That is terrific.

Mike is making the turkey dinner. He is smoking the turkey. My mom and dad will be here, along with my babies. Becky broke up with her BF, so she was too upset to come last night. She will drive up today. Tomorrow, we all will be going to a wedding celebration.

I am heading out for a short run before more cleaning out. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

gdeann
11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I am so confused Dee! I'm Catholic, but we don't eat fish this coming Friday. Share please! I even checked out my Catholic calendar and here in the states, Friday is nothing special. We have the first day of Advent coming up this Sunday.

Shelley & Dee, I wish I could join the two of you! I have a feeling we could get ourselves into a bit of trouble! All in fun though! You two have a great time together and remember to take pictures! I will be thinking of you guys that day and will be with you in spirit.

Suzy: Got baby yet??? LOL! Wishing your family a blessed Thanksgiving. You have had a rough few years and deserve having the joy of a few new additions in the family.

Janice: You are doing great on the diet front! Enjoy the holidays and get right back with the program. YOU CAN DO IT!

Cheryl: You NEED to start using that silly work computer for visiting us again! We miss you! Give baby Stew a hug from Auntie Gayle!

We had a cousin pass away yesterday. My family is on a roll. Within a 3 month period, we have had a relative pass away each month. An Uncle, Aunt and now a cousin. My other Uncle is on Hospice care and doing as well as can be expected.

All of you have a safe and fun holiday! We smoked the turkey, made a few salads & pies and are getting ready to head out to MIL's.

SuzyMc
11-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Floozies!

:thanks1:

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
and your pies take the prize,
and may your Thanksgiving dinner
stay off your thighs!

Deelite
11-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Gayle I am sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. It is hard when you keep lossing people.
I was talking about eatting fish on fridays because when we grew up we had to eat fish every friday. That was just what the catholics did. I don't follow that any more but there are still some restaurants here that there special is fish on friday.

Shelley the time is getting closer to when we will meet. I am looking forward to it. You can email me or when I get down there I will email you or call you. I am not sure yet what our cell phone number will be. Larry gets a cell from work for traveling.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am hoping to cash in on some of your great thanksgiving deals. We never have sales like that here.

I will be in touch with you all when I can get on Larry's pc.

Deelite
11-30-2008, 02:45 PM
hey there ladies,

we made it safe and sound. I have been busy checking everything out. Went shopping at the outlet mall yesterday. Got a few deals but not great. Drank to much beer last night.
It is so beautiful here. I am just going to head out again.

Shelley I am so looking forward to thursaday.

I hope that you all had a wonderful thanksgiving.

gdeann
11-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Glad you had a safe trip Dee! I bet Florida beer taste better, huh? LOL!
I can't wait to here all about it Thursday evening!

Deelite
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys

We had a wild thunderstorm here yesterday but today is nice and sunny. I already hit the pool swam lengths and did aquasize. I am off for a walk to the office. I think that I will sit by the pool for a bit and then go to sea world. I have a week pass so I might as well go a few days.

Last night we went out to Olive Garden for dinner. I have lots of left overs for lunch. The boss says when I am out with the boys I need to eat and drink like them. I am just afraid that I might get the bosses belly if I hang out with him to long....lol

I hope that you girls are all having a good day.

xox

4myloves
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Can I just say that I am SO JEALOUS that Dee and Shelley are getting to meet each other!

I'm sneaking in a visit at work, so it may be short--and I had to start with THAT! So jealous.....tsk.tsk.tsk.

Jake is doing great--growing like a weed and just getting over a cold. He's into everything, still, and, of course everything goes in his mouth first. He's started gritting his teeth. Ouch! Makes my mouth hurt hearing it!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I was thankful for all of my Floozies!

Hello to Suzy, Shelley, Dee, Gayle and Janice

Deelite
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Cheryl

I wish you could come too. I am glad that you checked in while you were at work. We miss you.
jealous eh? it will be fun and we will share stories and pics.

Grinding teeth yikes I now remember Jay doing that. It gives me the shivers thinking about it.

Well off to sea world.

gdeann
12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
I heard you guys had a bad storm in the area Dee. Glad everyone is ok! I'm like Cheryl, I would LOVE to join you girls! What a blast all of us would have together, ah??? :-)

Cheryl, I remember my kids gritting their teeth. Allison still does when she sleeps. OUCH! I hope Jake is feeling better from the cold.

Deelite
12-01-2008, 10:07 PM
What an awesome day with Sea World. I decided that Larry didn't give me enough tongue so I traded him in for Shamu. Don't tell Larry though because someone needs to pay the bills.

We went to the Blue Brothers restaurant near or in Disney. I had an awesome blacken sword fish.

How is everyone else doing with their eating? I am eating to much but getting in some exercise so I hope that it balances out at the scale.

coles
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Dee & Shelley - tomorrow is the big day. I will be there in spirit with you two. Enjoy your lunch and walk.
I am doing okay with eating but weighed in this morning and stayed the same. That drives me crazy when I have been trying hard to stay on program. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_46.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb113_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7921)

gdeann
12-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Janice, expect a big loss next week. I know it's hard to stay focused when that frick'n scale won't budge! You are doing fantastic!

So Shamu slipped you some tongue, huh Dee??? LOL! Sea World sounds awesome! You guys are in bathing suits as we bundle up under layers.

Deelite
12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Janice don't worry it will come off. Just keep working at it or tweak your program abit.

Shelley and I are meeting thursday. Yipee!

Darn Larry has to take the pc to the trade show for the next few days so i will be off line. he said that there is a pc in the lobby so i will have to check.

Shelley you have the hotel name right, i am at room 8204. I will call you.

SuzyMc
12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Dee! Make sure that you and Shelley take lots of pictures on Thursday!

Hang in there Janice...remember what happened the last time the scales didn't move. Your hard work will pay off soon enough!

We're still waiting for our little Miss Four to arrive, but I have it on good authority that tomorrow will most likely be the day...if all goes according to plan they are going to induce labor in the morning.

gdeann
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I have been wondering Suzy!!! I will send good labor vibes your way! HOPEFULLY by tomorrow night you will have a new addition to the family!!

ShelleyM
12-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Dee-I will be leaving tomorrow at about 7:00 or 7:30. I may have to stop by the lab to drop off my stool sample (just to make sure all is well now), and they open at 7:00. I should hit Orlando by 11. I have the number to the hotel. Do you also want to go shopping somewhere? Are there any stores within walking distance where you are staying? I am so excited to see you!! I am working until 4 today, then going to the gym. If I don't hear from you, I'll call the hotel tomorrow when I hit Orlando. I'll have to leave at about 4, since I don't want to drive in the dark to Tampa. Patty won't get out of class until 7:00, so I am having her drive back here. I can't wait!!

Deelite
12-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Ohh Shelley I am vibrating in my seat......I can't wait. I will call tonight. We can talk about the stores and somewhere to go for lunch then.

I am just getting ready to head to sea worlld. I think I have fallen in love with Shamu.

Deelite
12-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I just talked to Shelley awhile ago. We are both excited to see each other. Just over 12 hours and she will no longer be a figment of my imagination. lol

How is eveyone doing? Busy getting ready for christmas? I still have shopping to do but I guess that will have to wait til we get home unless we get out to the other outlet mall.

Shamu did not disappoit me today, we had lots of fun.
Last night after warming up in the hut tub (yes I was chilly) I went to see the movie Get Smart. It was pretty funny. Anyone else see it?

I will have lots to share after Shelley and I meet tomorrow. Wish you all could be there, you will be in spirit. Since you can't we will talk about you, but all good things. ;)

coles
12-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Can't wait for you two to meet up tomorrow. I am SOOO jealous.

gdeann
12-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I had to feed my depression from not being able to meet Shelley & Dee! Just purchase a miniature computer, a notebook to be exact!!! LOVING IT! Doing the countdown!! ONLY 15 hours and 12 minutes until that Canadian chickie is planting a big one like Shamu on Shelley's cheek!!

ShelleyM
12-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Congrats, Gayle on your purchase!! I am heading out in an hr. too meet the Canadian princess! She insists it will be warm and we can lay by the pool, but I have a feeling I'll be in sweats by the pool!

SuzyMc
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
We have a new grandbaby! She was born yesterday at 3:05 PM and weighs 8 lbs. 7 oz. and is 21 inches long and is perfect in every way!

ShelleyM
12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Congratulations,Suzy!! Enjoy your new grandbaby.

Dee and I had such a fantastic day. We spent the whole 6 hrs talking to each other. We walked around the grounds of the hotel, had lunch and went into the hot tub. When we got back to her room, Larry was there. He is gorgeous, as is Dee!!

We both connected on such a high level, that I really think we all would if we had the opportunity to meet each other in person.
I just can't say enough about the feelings that we had seeing each other:hug:.

Right now I am sitting in the car on Patty's laptop, while she is taking a test. We will be driving back to Ft Myers as soon as she is done. All in all, this day has been one of the best days I have ever had!!

Deelite
12-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Aww Shelley. I am just buzzing with happiness that we had the opportunity to meet after all the years that we have known each other. It was a perfect day in every way. The only part that wasn't was having to say good bye. Like you said we can still talk by email, facebook 3fc and by phone. Was it awesome or what!

Gayle just for the record I gave Shelley a kiss on the cheek for you and told her this is from Gayle. When Shelley and I spotted each other we both called each others names and ran into open arms. I wish someone had filmed it. I am sure that it looked just like the movies.

We went for a brisk walk around the lake on a walking path. You know us exercise queens have to get abit of exercise in. Even for both of us it was on the easy side but that is ok I am sure we will make it up tomorrow.
After that we tried setting up the tripod and taking pics of ourselves. What a laugh that was. We did capture a few good pics which we will post on face book and email them to you too. We went out for lunch and both had an enormous salad, Shelley had chicken with hers and I had shrimp. Then we both changed into our beauty queen outfits as we headed out for a dip in the pool. And yes we talk about each one of you.... ;) but it was all good and wishing that you could be with us. Around 3:30 we headed back up to the condo to change and for Shelley to go home. As we walked in the door Larry was there so Shelley spent a few minutes with him. Then it was time for one last hug and a sad good bye. It was a blast. I hope that we will be able to do this again. Oh yeah and I even pinched Shelleys BUM!!! that is the canadian brat in me!

Suzy congratulations on a healthy grand daughter. I hope mom is recovering quickly.

I am just heading out for a walk to burn off my dinner that we had at a japanese restaurant. It was grilled in front of us but way to much food.

TC

Deelite
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh yes Shelley I am glad to see that you didn't get lost and made it almost home.

ShelleyM
12-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Funny! I almost called to let you know I made it to USF, but I knew you were out for dinner. We ended up getting home at 10:00. I slept for a bit while Patty drove. Back to work and reality for me now!! I have to say that I feel you are one of my best friends.

I know we all have quite a connection and am hoping to meet everyone someday, somehow! I think we should all rent a beach cottage on Sanibel for a weekend! You ladies would all love it.

SuzyMc
12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Dee and Shelley, I'm so glad that you were able to get together! It sounds like you both had a wonderful visit! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Tim is out of town this weekend, so I'm off to the mall to do some Christmas shopping...I haven't even started yet, so I'm hoping to make a big dent in my list this weekend.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Deelite
12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Shelley I feel the same too. Now that we met I feel the connection is even stronger. HOw cool is that!
You get up way to early girl!

Suzy when does mom and baby come home? What is her name? She is a good healthy size.

Gayle are you all done your christmas shopping yet? When will Steve be back home? It is a good thing that I came to Florida with Larry because we will get home late sunday night and Larry will be leaving for Huston early monday morning. I wouldn't have seen him like for ever.

Janice how has the weather been your way? The kids are telling me we have had pretty cold weather. Do you have to work christmas day?

Cheryl christmas will be so much fun for you this year. Having a little one around is so much fun. He is going to love openning up all the gifts. Even the ones that aren't his. Is your tree up?

Today I haven't decided what i want to do. I don't even know what i will do for exercise. I think that i will start with yoga and then go from there.
Larry will probably be back at 4 so I might introduce him to shamu. i hopehe isnt jealous because shamu can put on quite the show.
Tomorrow we are spending the day at discovery cove. I can't wait for that.

What ever you ladies do today have a good one. Dream big and invision that we will all meet one day.

Deelite
12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Happy shopping Suzie!

ShelleyM
12-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi all! I am heading to the gym for weights and spin class. Have a great day, everyone!

gdeann
12-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Suzy, so happy to hear the precious angel decided it was time to join the family! She is gorgeous! This will be a very special Christmas for you.

Shelley & Dee, I am thrilled you guys were able to spend some time together! I bet you had a blast! I need to go checkout the facebook pics!

Busy here just with the usual stuff plus adding the holiday stuff in too.

I AM DONE SHOPPING and ALMOST finished wrapping too! We had a birthday to add too. Allison will be 10 the week before Christmas. EVERYTHING went well this year as far as purchasing gifts etc. THANK GOODNESS!

Working on Christmas cards, shop statements, laundry, dishes etc. today! FUN, FUN!

ShelleyM
12-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Happy Birthday early to Allison!

For those without a Facebook, I posted the picture of me and Dee as my avatar. Dee's pictures are probably much better. My camera sux.

gdeann
12-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Great pic!!!! You two look so happy!

How is little Onalee, Suzie??

Ladies, I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. NEVER make out Christmas cards on a wooden table using glitter cards!!! Some of my Christmas cards had glitter decorating the front side. Last night after our meal, I noticed something on the table as I was wiping it off. The glitter acted as an abrasive and scratched an area on my table!! Now I will need to try using a wood treatment or something to repair the finish.

ShelleyM
12-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh no, Gayle! I hope you are able to fix it.

I just returned from a 19 mile bike ride. It was cool to me, 64 degrees. Probably warm to all of you, but I am a bit chilled. Time to shower.

gdeann
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM
32 today here Shelley! I'll take the 60's again! Great job on the bike ride! Do you have your Hanukkah shopping done/started yet??

Deelite
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
We had a safe flight home. We were home at 4:00. Larry helped me unpack and then he repacked again for Huston. He leaves tomorrow morning. It is cold and snowing out. Yuck!

Shelley I love your avatar. I was surprised to see it but PROUD! Yes that was an amazing day. I won't be able to post my pics til Larry gets home friday. He is taking the camera with him.

Suzy are you having fun with Onalee? How precious is a little one.

Gayle you sure get hit hard in December with all the presents you have to buy. I didn't get all my shopping done in Florida so I better get to it this week.

Cheryl and Janice how are you girls doing? Are you ready for christmas?

I thought that I would just check in for a few minutes to let you know that this Canadian Princess is home.....lol

ShelleyM
12-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Gayle-I haven't done any shopping yet. I am very bad. Becky wants a watch and I will probably take Patty shopping when she is here for some jeans. It will be a slim Hanukkah this year.

Suzy-You must be enjoying your new baby.

Janice-How are you? I haven't seen much activity on your facebook.

Dee-Glad you made it home safely.

Time for me to go to work!

coles
12-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Suzy - CONGRATULATIONS!
Shelley - it is -12C here this morning which is 10F, I'll trade you temperatures any day.
I worked the weekend so haven't been around. I do work on Christmas, Boxing Day and New YEars Day. Christmas and New Years I just work four hours. I am going in for 7 am - 11:00 am. Double time and a half and other days off. Doug will start the turkey and Amanda is working in the morning too. It will all work out. I am finished my shopping. Cut way back this year. Doug and I didn't buy for each other because our vacation is our present to each other.
Weigh in day tomorrow, I hope that scale is kind.
Cheryl - check in when you can.
Gayle - I hope you were able to fix your table. YIKES! I never would have thought glitter would cause damage. A lesson for us all.
Have a wonderful day all.

Deelite
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Gayle as I was thinking about your table you know what came to mind......My Aunty Sally would say well that was making memories. You will always remember your friends when you see that mark on your table just like how all your friends have made a mark in your life. I hope that is will bring a smile to your face the next time you see it.

Larry is off, lucky guy. Rinning away from our -22 c. Brr!
I have to venture off to the pain clinic this afternoon and then the pain psyc so it will be busy. I am hoping to stop off at the mall and get a couple of gifts.

Janice it is nice that you dropped in. Now we need to hear from Cheryl. We all know that Suzy is busy with helping with a little one.

Well I better run I got to catch my bus.

Deelite
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
I won't be around for the next few days I am going to my sister Gail's. We are going to do a bit of christmas shopping first and then we will head out to the country to her place. Thomaz will be anxious for me to come down. I think the last time I went down was last christmas.

Now girls you mustn't be naughty while I am away.

Hey Shelley to give you an idea how cold it is here last night when we got home Larry went to start the car and it wouldn't even turn over. He had to get a boost. Today when he went to start it, he ended up having ot charge it to get it to start. It should be good now I hope.

gdeann
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
We are having the wind/snow here today! Thank goodness my car started though!!! Winter is here and it sucks big time in my opinion!

Have fun Dee! I am using a treatment today on my table. Thank goodness it only lightly scratched the surface, almost like if one would of buffed with a fine grade of sandpaper. I think I can repair it. If not, I will think of all of my friends whenever I set the table! I never thought to consider it a blessing. Your Auntie was a wise woman.

SuzyMc
12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Our new grandbaby is just the sweetest thing and yes, I've been spending every minute I can with her and helping out with the other girls. Now we're anxiously awaiting the next arrival! Exciting times!

Have a good time with your sister, Dee!

Janice, it sounds like you have a busy schedule over the next few weeks!

Gayle, I sent glitter cards last year and what a mess! They are pretty,but I won't use them again. Actually I'm not even sure I am going to send cards this year. We're cutting way back here.

Shelley, I would be thrilled with 64 degrees! It's been darn cold and really windy here the past few days...the wind chills have been well below zero!

Deelite
12-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Gayle Aunty Sally was very wise and well loved. I hope that you can get the marks off. When I recieve my card I will know how much work went into it before and after....lol

Suzy let us know when the next little package arrives. What a happy and exciting time for you. boy when christmas rolls around next year you will have lots of gifts to buy.

Shelley I will trade temps with you too. Oh yeah I guess I had your temps for awhile now it is your turn to come up and freeze your BUM! Like my canadian? Shelley said that BUM is so canadian.

I better run Gail will be here soon and I have to grab a bite to eat.

happy holidays and shopping and wrapping.....

gdeann
12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Added a new pic of me. I take horrible pics so they are few and far between. This is from a few years ago, so please excuse the outdated "poofy" hair! LOL!

4myloves
12-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I like the poofy hair! :lol:

Imagine my delight when I got to the baby-sitter's house yesterday and found that Santa's Elves had delivered a Christmas present for Jake there (Post Lady is baby-sitter's daughter).

Suzy, awwwwwww, babies.........

4myloves
12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Anyone ready for a new thread? I'll start one when I get home tonight--Sneaking at work--shhhhhh......

coles
12-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Gayle - I love poofy hair. The hairdresser thinks I'm nuts. I don't feel right unless my hair is poofy. your picture is gorgeous.
Have a good day floozers. Don't freeze your BUMS off. Thats for you DEE.

4myloves
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Stop, a new thread has been started!!