30-Somethings - 30 Something Chat - Tues, Nov 11th

poppyseeds
11-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Pulling another double... closed last night and opening today. I didn't get home til almost midnight last night and have to be in a 8am. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. I haven't been around because I'm too tired to type!! LOL

I need to talk to the manager about this schedule. With my RA, I fight fatigue every day already and this is almost unbearable. My body is aching and I can barely stand up straight.

I hope everyone is doing well and is happy. I need to go get ready so have a good day all!!

:hug:

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
wow poppy sorry to hear about you working so much...hang in there.

As for me...ughhh well i finally forced myself to step on the scale. I have gained 10 lbs since August...ugggghhh i was doing so well. Oh well time to get back into gear. wish me luck LOL

hope everyone has a great day.

LorettaV
11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Poppyseed - yikes. sorry to hear that you are working so much. HOpefully, your boss will be understanding and cut back your schedule a bit.

Gatorgal - hang in there. I have lost/gained the same 10# for several years.

I have recently decided I don't have a choice to not eat healthy or exercise. I am 33 years old diagnosed as pre diabetic (numbers are too low to be considered diabetic yet too high to be normal). Both parents were diagnosed with diabetes this summer. I decided that I was headed down the same road.

I am happy to report that I exercised for 15 minutes today for the first time in years. 15 minutes on the tread mill. I borrowed DH zune for some music. Do you gals have an exercise playlist?

I read on 3FC yesterday about someone who ate most of their carbs at breakfast rather than later in the day. i am going to try that today and see how that works out.

Breakfast -
2 instant oatmeal packets + 1/2 cup frozen blueberries = 6.5 points
Hardboiled egg - 2 pts

Have a wonderful day all!

fmb101
11-11-2008, 09:29 AM
poppy - sorry to hear about another double shift. Hopefully your manager will understand and do a better job of scheduling. Also hope you feel better soon!

gator - sorry to hear about your slip but GOOD FOR YOU!!! for getting back in the saddle. :dust: Here's a little dust to help you get started ;)

loretta - good for you for making the decision to change your path! I have not yet been diagnosed with pre-diabetis but it does run in my family and one of my great fears. Let us know how the carbs at breakfast works for you!

As for me, I am almost at my first mini-goal. I have only a half pound left to lose from the 4 lbs I recently gained! Thank you South Beach! :carrot:

The kids are home from school today and it's my uncle's birthday so I don't know how much I'll be able to check in today.

I also have an audition tonight to sing in a band. Auditioning is VERY out of character for me and I'm am extremely nervous. But it will go on my 'carpe-diem' list where I try to do at least one out of character thing per year.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day and I wish you all continued success in your endeavors!!! :hug:

SweetCurves32
11-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I've never posted here before, hope you don't mind if I jump right in. :)

I am feeling a bit nervous today. I start a new job in a few hours, and while I am confident that I can do it, I can't stop the butterflies in the tummy.

Also am feeling a tad low, I have been snacking a lot lately (probably due to nerves/stress) and it is really affecting me. I have not gained anything - which I am glad for - but it is more about how I feel. I know when I eat right, I feel better, when I don't eat right, I don't feel good... and I don't feel good right now. I need to work harder on the sweet tooth/comfort tooth. I would really like to be at the point where when I have a craving, I crave an apple, rather than a peanut butter cup (or two)

Anyway, enough with the rambles. Wishing you all the best.

Kel

PearFreak
11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Hello All!!! :belly:

Yet another day---- of the same ole same ole... gym, cleaning, cooking, eating... like I said same ole same ole. *boring*
Finishing up my coffee then going to get ready to head out to the gym.

Poppy --- those dbl shifts sound horrible. I hope you can get a good schedule going... soon. :idea:

GatorGal --- :dust: You can do it!!! :D

fmb101 --- Good Luck with your audition!!!! Let us know how it goes. :crossed:

SweetCurves32 --- :welcome:

Well off to get ready, I'll try and stop in later...

nola single mom
11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm new here too. I just wanted to poke my head in and say hello. I just started SBD and I'm thoroughly confused and praying I can do this. I've never really dieted before but I've said I was dieting. I am trying to loose almost 80 lbs and I just cannot figure out how I got here.

Anyway I'm checking in from work (shhh) so I don't know how much I'll be on.

LorettaV
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I've got a plan. :D

I went to the store on my lunch break (I ate first). I have smallish potatoes for baked potato, frozen veggies (broccoli and green beans) and chicken thighs. I am going to cook the meal and potatoes and then heat them up at work for my lunch. I have decided I need a more substantial lunch than salad. I STARVE by the end of the day.

I made some cookies from another website they have old fashioned oatmeal, nuts, wheat flour and cranberries in them. I need to figure out how many points they are. Not super sweet like choc chip cookies but will do.

The potatoes I will cook in the crockpot in tin foil. No water. They are so good that way. i cannot bake a potato in the oven to save myself.

I haven't decided how I am going to do the chicken yet. I got a seasoning packet so might bake 1/2 of them with it and bake the other 1/2 with BBQ sauce. I will remove the skin to cut down on fat. 1 thigh is 3 points. BBQ sauce will be extra.

Keep up the good work everyone. Remember you did not get the way you are overnight so don't try to fix it overnight. :)

LBH
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi! :wave:

Welcome Sweet Curves & Nola! :welcome3:

SBD Sass
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Sass <-- watchin' Grease again

poppyseeds
11-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the boards new members!!!

Yes... my schedule should be changing soon. I needed to learn to open and close so they just had me scheduled like that on a temp basis. Hopefully this will be the last week for it.

So nice to see so many smiling faces here!!!

:)

rileyozzy
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
This past weekend I had a great time with friends, but I ate whatever I wanted and now I've found that I am back to square one (psychologically). Today I ate two mrs. fields cookies at the mall. I hadn't done that in so long but it's like I've lost all control now. This weight loss process has been so psychological for me.

Michellelee
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
This weight loss process has been so psychological for me.

Isn't that the truth!!! I think the process is majority mental. I mean, it's easy to figure out that to lose weight you need to eat less and move more, but its the thoughts in my head that sabatoge me. That's why I love 3FC so much, because I can always get some encouragement when my head is saying wacked out things.

SweetCurves32
11-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Thank you guys for the warm welcome. :)

LorettaV
11-11-2008, 09:36 PM
SweetCurves - welcome.
riley - I totally know what you mean about your mind controlling your actions. It is like when you are good - you are really really good - and when you are bad..you are HORRID (ok so I stole that from a story about a little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead).

We went to Wendy's for supper. I got small chili and baked potato. DH got a sandwich and frosty. I didn't even sneak a bite of his frosty.:carrot:

I'm off to find a recipe for some baked chicken for my lunches tomorrow.

rileyozzy
11-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Loretta - Awesome!!!