South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Default Using the Wii Fit as a scale?

So I *know* my scale at home isn't very accurate- I'm pretty sure there's a 5lb discrepancy between what my doctor's scale says and what mine says (granted, I'm not weighing myself naked at the doctors, but when their scale shows less than mine at home does- well, there's a discrepancy).

That being said, I think my wii fit is perhaps more accurate- and it shows me in onederland! I've used my home scale this entire journey to document my loss, but do you think I could legitimately switch to what my wii says? There's a huge mental difference to being 198 vs. 201-202....

I don't want to be gaming the system if the wii isn't very accurate.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

I was so sad that I could not get under 200. But then suddenly I was there.
A mental and emotional boost !I was about to give up.Now I am back on a roll. Weight loss roll not cinnamon roll... well I have been bad but plan to get back on the fitness road and the wii fit.
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: Height: 5'4"

I think the wii balance board scales are accurate! I inherited a dr office balance beem type scale from my mother. (She moved into a smaller place) and it reports the same weight as the wiifit.

This morning wiifit said: 192 with 4 pounds of clothes: 196
This morning bb scale said: 196.

So there you go.

in my ticker I go with the adjusted wiifit weight because that is what I started with. So, thinking this through I should really adjust my goal weight down 4 pounds. hmmmmm.
Patt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Default I do!

My Wii Fit helps me stay accountable! And I do believe its accurate.

-Karis
atxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #5  

I've found the balance board to be accurate on solid flooring. It may be less reliable on carpeting, but that's just speculation on my part.

I really like having the record on the calendar! Have you tried looking at graph mode and reading the data points? I find it motivating.
kiwii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I can't wait for Santa to bring us a Wii and me a Wii Fit! The duplex we're moving into has hard wood floors in the living room, so I am excited!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #7  

Lisa - We were thrilled to run by Best Buy and get a Wii Fit today. We had gotten the Wii this summer online but I hadn't been able to get the Wii Fit. I think it will be good for both of us but right now it's hard to drag Brian away from it. He LOVES it. He doesn't really need to lose much weight but the exercises are good for him and it wouldn't hurt for him to lose a few pounds. Unfortunately I haven't made it to the gym in a long time and I think this will really help me.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote