Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Friends and Losers November 10-16

OK, chicks and roosters! Up and at 'em!

Haven't been around much in the past few days - lots of catching up to do!

Dan - Great news about Liz! When it rains it pours (in a good way) - last year when I was job hunting I had to quit a job I hadn't started yet too. I felt bad, but my DH encouraged me to look out for #1 (no one else is going to) so I quit and accepted the better offer, closer to home. I've never regretted it either. Yay Liz!

Jillian - you look great! Keep up the progress pics.

OK, can't remember any other news - I'm sure I'm missing something... I'll be back!

Last edited by Kimphin; 11-10-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning kim!
another week starting. ugh. just not feeling it at all.
my little boy, Jagger, is turning 3yrs old on wed. we're having a little party (just us family) for him on saturday. it's a train theme since he loves them so much. i'm making a train cake..i'll be sure to post a pic when i'm done with it. i love building huge 3D cakes for the kids. not much planned except for gift opening and playing with toys, eating pizza and cake..that's about it.
wed is his actual bday, so i baked about 5doz. of his favorite cookies (monster cookies) but i made them my usual healthier version, with egg beaters, splenda, rf peanut butter..so they're not too terrible. and i'm going to make a stack of cookies and put 3 trick candles in them (the ones that keep lighting back up when you blow them out!) he'll get a kick out of those, i'm sure! and i think i'll give him one present on that day.
friday i'm going to bake all the cake i need to build the train on saturday. and friday afternoon i have another dr appt.
so that's what my week is going to be like.
oh and we're due for some freezing rain turning to snow tomorrow. and it's going to be in the 20's-30's all week. ick.

hope everyone had a good weekend and is having a good start to the week.

be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!

Jillian- The train cake sounds darling.

Kim- Good morning!!

We had a busy weekend. On Friday night we took my parents out to dinner to celebrate my mom being done with her cancer treatments. Saturday I had clients at my Reiki clinic and birthday shopping. Saturday night my 6 y/o DD had 15 of her closest friends over for a Rock Star party. All of the kids came in their best rock star gear. We set up club lighting all over the house (we used to own a dance club), and they sang Kareoke and danced the night away. It was so cute! Yesterday we celebrated my parents 35th wedding anniversary by going out to dinner, then bought groceries, etc. Busy, busy.

On the exercise front, my DH bought us a Wii Fit. That is so great. It measures your weight and BMI everyday, plus there is tons of exercises to do. I am having a great time with it.

Have a great day everyone!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #4  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Katie- Oh I really want the Wii Fit. Is it awesome. My friend does it but I have never actually seen it. I can't walk as much once the snow is here so maybe I will go buy that for myself.
This weekend was crazy!! My son had his 16th birthday party. I took 11teenagers paintballing and no I didn't play. They would have killed me, easy target ya know.
Sunday I painted my daughters room lime green...whoa!!! its bright but she is 13 and knows what she wants. I have trained her way to well, her poor boyfriend when she gets older....haha
Anyways, I had a really busy expensive weekend but it was worth it.
Have a great week everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

My new work computer has been installed and I'm still trying to figure out where they put everything..

We're having a soup sale at work today, so I brought in a big ol' pot of the LAWL recipe New England style clam chowder.. Liz says this is the best batch I've ever made. Gotta love that it's virtually fat free and low sodium to boot!!

Have a great day out there!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #6  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Morning gang...

My new work computer has been installed and I'm still trying to figure out where they put everything..

We're having a soup sale at work today, so I brought in a big ol' pot of the LAWL recipe New England style clam chowder.. Liz says this is the best batch I've ever made. Gotta love that it's virtually fat free and low sodium to boot!!

Have a great day out there!!
Where can I find the recipe! My husband and I love clam chowder.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Rats.. Thought I had posted the recipe ages ago, but I didn't.. I don't have it with me, but I'll try to remember to post it soon in the "soups" forum of the recipe area.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hay there Kids!
Happy Monday! I am unusually chipper today? Weird. HA!

So food wise the weekend wasn't soo great. But I am back to the plan today. I had a tastefully simple party this weekend and boy their food is good! Last night BF and I went to dinner. It was sooo good. But sooo bad! Supisingly he ate healthy and I did not. Ooops! I was craving pasta! YUM!

Anyway I decided not to buy more weeks. Not sure if that was what I should have done. But I did. I know I would be more motivated if I did. But I just wasn't completely ready to commit. UGH!

I need inspiraton, motivation. HELP! HA! I hope you all had a great weekend! It is freezing here! 25 degrees feels like 19. Says weather.com. YUCK!

Last edited by cecil; 11-10-2008 at 03:11 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #9  
Katie

Nicole- Wherefore art thou?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Nicole- Wherefore art thou?
i think she's in texas with her DH...he's there for business or something.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #11  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Ok time for some personals.

Kim, You haven’t been back yet and you said you would. HA!
How was your weekend? Anything eventful?

Jillian, The cake sounds sooo cool! I wish I was good at baking but I am not. : (
Hope the dr’s appt went good! I am sure it did. Sounds like we are having the same weather lucky us. HA!

Katie, Rock Star party what a cool mom! Sounds like the girls had a blast! I really want to by a WII for my son for Christmas. Sad thing is he didn’t even put it on his Christmas list so I feel like it would be like a man buying a woman a lawnmower for Christmas. You know what I mean. But I am sure he would like it if he got it. Problem is it would be like the only present he got from me. The package with WII fit and the WII is like $350.00! Crazy! I should probably get it! HA!

Joan, Another cool mom paintball, you should have joined in and made a rule that they couldn’t hit you. HA! Sounds like a great birthday for him as well. Bet DS loved it! Lime green huh? So did it look as good as she thought it would? Or was she like “ Mom I guess I don’t like it, can we change it again? “ HA! Love it!

Dan, Congrats to Liz for watching out for herself. Congrats to you as well for life getting back to normal! Cheers! HA!

Nicole is she still in TEXAS! Remember the ALAMO!

Ok that was fun! Hope you all have a great rest of the day!

Me I will finish work at 7 then off to the gym and then homework. Can’t wait!
I went to the old navy outerwear sale Saturday and they had a bunch of great deals I got a winter coat that was normally $100.00 for $50.00 I was soo happy! I love deals and I needed a coat bad!

So anyway the weekend was a good!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #12  
Amy

Hey guys!

Today's been crazy, running around trying to get my name changed to my married name. It's awful... I got married and it's like IMPOSSIBLE! THey make it so hard on people! Needless to say, I was in hte social security office for WAY too long today with the scum of the EARTH.

I was OP today, am just trying to finish up my water now. I made Deb's Chicken Brschetta Bake (along those lines) for dinner, VERY good.

Deb- that cookbook is such a blessing and is going to help me so much this time around! I lost about 45 pounds the first time around, and look what i have as assistance this time around!

My bookclub is meeting at my house tomorrow night, so I will be up late tonight cleaning. We're pretty much all moved in, but there are about 5 boxes/totes left in the living room to go through. It's going to be a bunch of BAD foods tomorrow night, specifically my pumpkin bars, but I will be eating a big salad and watching portions.

Hope you're having a good night and tty'all tomorrow!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

ahhh monday..

well my friday sucked........the weekend was stressful....... and today I quit work!!!!

now I feel great. scale started moving again after a couple weeks of sitting still. and I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning and changing my ticker......

miss nicole!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #14  
Katie

Holy cow Lettie!!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Amy - I am having a Silpada jewelry party on friday and struggling with snack ideas... I was thinking of getting a veggie de-lite pizza from Papa Murphys and cutting into small slices, but was also looking for another healthy option... What are you serving at your book club meeting?

Cecil - sometimes my kids don't even ask for the big things because they think it is so far fetched that they will actually get it... maybe this is why your son didn't put it on his list? c'mon who doesn't want a WII???

I'm getting ready to encounter a HUGE challenge - I am coming down with a cold - I haven't had one since I started the program in February. Whenever I get sick I am so hungry, I feel like I need to eat and eat and eat. It hasn't been too bad yesterday or so far today - I am on takeoff (I know bad timing, but I just started feeling bad last night). Soups are usually pretty filling for me, so I guess I need to check out the soups area that Dan mentioned - any other suggestions???
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote