General chatter - Question for the Ladies: Thongs ( not shoes! ).

Optical Goddess
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok, I _so_ apologize if this is TMI, but okay:

I was at the store, looking for a 'sexy little number', I was looking for a bra and panty set.

I found beautiful bras, with feminine stitching and details..
and the underwear?
thongs.

As I said on my myspace blog:

I went to Macy's armed with a gift card to get a sexy little something. I was looking for a bra/panty set, maybe w/ a garter belt for an old school feel. I have an ***. An ample booty. Junk in the trunk.
Something that looks like a sling shot will not reign in this girl's badonkadonk. What's with the thongs? The prettiest underwear had the least amount of material. Maybe they used it up with the lacy trimmings.

Not feelin' it.

I don't want to feel it either, a strip of fabric being trapped in my *** like a POW. There's no gettin' out easy.

In the end, I went with a short satin nightie and matching satin robe.

Yeah, it was from the 'mature woman's' section,( shut up.) the one with the Amish pajamas that cover everything but the feet, hands, and head- and the chance to show some ankle, drives those amish boys wild.

The purpose of this is to garner desire of the sexual nature from my spouse of the male persuasion.( I'm not just persuaded he's male. It's a fact.).

The purpose of this is to be removed quickly and effortlessly. That can't be said for hooks,snaps, straps,ties, and thong underwear.

side note: some thongs can be used as a pirate's eye patch. Best if it's a brand new one, and watch the colors. You don't want your kid to go to a school Halloween party with some frilly concoction on his eye.

the idea of having my husband see me in a thong? No.

But what do other women do? Do you wear thongs w/pride? Wear something else?

The fronts of these panties is fine. Until you turn it around.

Just curious and looking for the opinion of some regular, real women!

Thanks!!

luvja
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I like booty/boy short underwear. They are my favourite.
Thongs? Oh god NO. I don't care if I weighed 110 lbs, NO.
Butt floss just doesn't turn my wheels. ;)

Glory87
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I've reached goal weight and I still don't have any thongs. Well, I have one, which I bought to see what all the hubbub was about. How can people just get used to having fabric lodged in the crack of their *** is beyond me. My best friend swears by thongs, she says they are "SO COMFY." I guess her butt is just different.

Shannon in ATL
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I wear thongs, and actually have for several years, even when I was at or above my highest recorded weight, actually started wearing them at my SIL's recommendation when I was still single. I find them very comfortable - the stereotype is that they ride up more than regular undies, I find it to be quite the opposite. I have less uncomfortable 'crack' problems in a v-string than I did in more full coverage undies. :) I don't buy the fancy lacy ones most of the time, I tend to get the ones that are plain cotton and 5 for $15 at Target.

That being said, I have also recently learned that I like the boy short as well.

PhotoChick
11-09-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm with Shannon. I love thongs ... much more comfortable than regular underwear. I don't get the "wedgie" thing like I did with regular undies.

OTOH, I love love love the lacy boy-short type things that VS has got going on lately. Or, I guess I should say my guy loves them ... which means I love them too! :D

(just links here, not photos, since some of these are NSFW)
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9F-231747&page=1&cgname=OSPTYBOYZZZ&rfnbr=1926
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9F-222737&page=4&cgname=OSPTYHIPZZZ&rfnbr=1925

My next purchase, though, is going to be a garter belt. *wicked grin*

tamaralynn
11-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Fruit of the Loom has some wonderfully comfortable thongs - they never ride "up".
http://www.freshpair.com/Fruit-of-the-Loom-3-Pack-Cotton-Stretch-Thong-DC21004.html

I wear them whenever I wear jeans or something tight around my hiney - otherwise I'm a granny panty girl LOL

grneyedmustang
11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
I wear thongs a lot. I don't like VPL (visible panty line) and I've gotten used to them, so they don't bother me anymore.

I also wear boy shorts. I can't do granny panties though...to me they are uncomfortable!

nelie
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I tried thongs before and really just didn't care for them, when I dropped sizes, I didn't replace them.

I like boy shorts a lot but also like other various underwear. I love VS underwear in general, they are awesome :)

sweet_talker
11-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I wear both...thongs are good if you don't want a PL and can be confortable but not all the time I find. I think a pair of fuller cut panties with garters and the works would be so much sexier to guy than a thong though. There's lots of places to find really nice stuff that doesn't..."lack a back" so to say.

alligatorskin
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I absolutely hate thongs. I am all about the boy shorts. I think they look so much cuter! And I know that most men happen to agree with that. I've never really had a problem with a PL either so boy shorts it is for me always!

FrouFrou
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Another for the boy shorts...love 'em! Thongs...don't want anything in the crack, lol. Would rather go without anything than wear a thong.

SunshineCA
11-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I wear thongs most of the time. They're more comfortable for me. I don't have a problem with my DH seeing me in them. He buys them for me most of the time anyway. However, sometimes I will wear boy shorts or regular panties.

mandalinn82
11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I never thought thongs were comfortable until I tried a Hanky Panky thong. They really -are- comfy.

I don't wear them all the time, but I do wear them!

If you're looking for non-thong, cute, lacy underwear, try Frederick's of Hollywood. They have many booty short/boy short styles that are very comfortable and very sexy.

SunshineCA
11-10-2008, 12:50 PM
If you're looking for non-thong, cute, lacy underwear, try Frederick's of Hollywood. They have many booty short/boy short styles that are very comfortable and very sexy.

Here here re: Frederick's of Hollywood! I order all kinds of stuff from them quite often. :) There's always a sale going on. :)

raw23
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I wore thongs for years. Very comfortable. The boy short panties are more in fashion now, and, IMO sexier.

peachcake
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I wear thongs with tight jeans sometimes, I like boyshorts too but I really like the panties that are not thongs but have less fabric on the back so your butt cheeks look cute without being too covered, and I like to show a little hip, I tend to think boy shorts look better on girls with a little more booty, I have a flat butt. Also... when I wear thongs they don't ride up my butt crack, they actually more lay on the outside I guess.

lizziep
11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
another yuck for the thongs from me-

i bought one at lane bryant and laughed hysterically and threw it away. i don't know what the deal is w/ lane bryants underwear i've never found a pair that i could hike up and use also as a bra *LOL* the rise on the thong i bought there was so long i could have strapped the thing over my shoulders. seriously what the heck.
there are still some girls who think it's sexy to rock the whale tale with their jeans and well- i just don't get it. at all.

even when i was skinny a thong was a novelty, not real underwear.

and a side note about sexy - it's more about attitude and not about what you're wearing. if you're uncomfortable in a thong, you won't be able to pull it off and then what was the point? :)

raw23
11-10-2008, 01:41 PM
the rise on the thong i bought there was so long i could have strapped the thing over my shoulders.

Did you have the right size?

SBD Sass
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I wear my thongs with pride. I also have boy cuts and bikini ones too, but I like thongs the most. I wore them when I was big and I wear them now. I do have lots and lots of bloomers for TOM but that's another story.

JulieJ08
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
If my a** was the only place a thong wedged into, I might get used to them. But ... it's not.

mayness
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I've tried and tried to wear thongs, but I find them uncomfortable. To be fair, I find 99% of the underwear I've tried on uncomfortable, thong or not... I'm very picky about panties. :) I wear VS cotton low-rise bikini, almost exclusively.

Panty lines don't bother me much... if someone is shocked that I'm wearing underwear, I'd say that's THEIR problem, not mine. :D

I do have thongs that go with bra/panty sets or match babydolls/teddies or other only-going-to-be-on-for-a-few-minutes-if-all-goes-well outfits. I don't mind how they look, I just can't wear them for long.

lizziep
11-10-2008, 04:31 PM
raw- i'm not sure. unless they size them differently at Lane Bryant then the rest of the world- i had the right size. this is a common problem for me with all of their stuff though. their bras are also illfitting on me.
i'm sure it's my freakish body and not their oddly cut garments. lol.

alinnell
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I love the thongs.

I hate letting my DH see my butt while wearing a thong (but it's okay if I'm totally naked?).

I love not having panty lines and I don't feel all wedgie. I hate undies riding up and I didn't think I'd like thongs, but I tried one and I liked it.

Kim_Star060404
11-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Even when I was at a healthy weight, thongs were for the bedroom and not anywhere else. I bought them from pretty much everywhere, but could never find thongs that were comfortable. Also so many of them are hand wash only that it just sounds like a big hygienic nightmare to me! :yikes:

That being said, DH doesn't really like thongs on anyone, so I'm free and clear there. I love Avon for cute sets without thong undies. Also, for bigger (and sometimes not-so-bigger) women, Just My Size has some cute sets as well.

grneyedmustang
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
raw- i'm not sure. unless they size them differently at Lane Bryant then the rest of the world- i had the right size. this is a common problem for me with all of their stuff though. their bras are also illfitting on me.

You're not the only one. Lane Bryant's bras and panties fit me weird, too.

But I do love Frederick's of Hollywood's underwear. I've gotten great bras from Torrid, too.

Optical Goddess
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Thankyou for the interesting replies. I haven't given up on boy shorts. I can wear them until I move, then the legs ride up on the thighs, so it looks more like an uncomfortable brief. Perhaps I have the wrong size? Perhaps my thighs are too big for the style?

I have some thongs I use for certain clothes, but I don't find them comfortable. I do notice the wedgie, no matter what size I get... they always, always ride up. There are just some that I notice it more on than others. I'm also not totally sold on the hygenic issues...

Like someone(s) mentioned, I am ok w/ being seen buck nekkid, but not with the thong, and I really don't think my husband digs thongs on anyone. He makes a wierd face when they turn up in the laundry.

Shopaholic1204
11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I love thongs!!! I honestly cannot feel them at all. Its the only underwear I wear too. Except when its that time of the month, then I switch to boy shorts, lol.

My hubby loves both of them on me. He likes g-strings a little bit more though..but I only wear those if I'm feeling super sexy, lol.

ProvGirl29
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
boy shorts all the way.. can't stand thongs.. constantly feel the floss, no thank u.. I would rather go commando then wear a thong..

raw23
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM

haha... well I've never been to Lane Bryant, so I dont know... but I usually have to go down 2-4 sizes in panties.

Optical Goddess
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I have decided I'm going to get some new boyshorts tomorrow. I am going to go a size up to see if that helps with them rolling at the thighs... if I go a size smaller it's going to be uncomfortable at the waist.

I do wear them when I sleep, with a big t-shirt or something. When they mind thier business they're the very definition of comfy.

aphil
11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
How can people just get used to having fabric lodged in the crack of their *** is beyond me. My best friend swears by thongs, she says they are "SO COMFY." I guess her butt is just different.

Here butt is just different... :lol3:

Butt floss just doesn't turn my wheels. ;)

:rofl: You ladies are killin' me.

If my a** was the only place a thong wedged into, I might get used to them. But ... it's not.

I hear you, sister. ;) :lol:

I personally hate thongs...and I also hate boyshorts. IMO, thongs feel like the elastic chafes you in the crack area... :lol: Boyshorts, at least on me, tend to migrate upward. When I first put them on, they are all cute and sexy, with the little bit of cheek out the bottom...and then 4 hours later the fabric that was supposed to be covering my bum is covering my lower back instead, and my booty is essentially thonged up. I don't know HOW they do that, but on me, they do.

I don't like what my husband calls "MAW-MAW" panties (full coverage briefs) either....

I have found out that I like the "hipster" cut panty the best. It is lower cut on the leg, like briefs are...but the top is a few inches shorter. Basically, they are cut low on the hip. I like them because they don't ride up, and since they are essentially lower rise, they don't peek out the back of my jeans when I crouch down, and they don't peek out of my dance costumes when I perform. They stay where they are supposed to stay. Here are some different styles of them:

http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=ET41&cgnbr=4071000000

http://www.lanebryant.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page?pagesize=3&my_nav=cacique_intimates&cat=panties&subcat=hipster&item=1641257&s19c=10

Wow...I just came across this style of hipster panty. This, in my opinion, is one sexy pair of underwear:

http://www.freshpair.com/Natori-Underneath-Body-Doubles-Femme-Pant-153002.html

paniania
11-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Whatever happened to the regular bikini panty? Not the string bikini and not the super low rise bikini, but the good old regular bikini. Are those not sexy any more? Tough sh!t - I'm going to wear my good old cotton bikinis from VS that never ride up and live in comfort.

Am I the only one that thinks that some sort of weird thong mania has gripped the world? My 15 year old sister has been wearing them for a while, and I have to say that it creeps the **** out of me!

I gave in once, to see what all the hubbub was about, and bought a sexy black lace thong to wear to a formal evening out. It went like this.....as soon as I got to the banquet hall I took the damn thing off and threw it in the trash. I'm sorry, but wedgies are bad enough, who would want a permanent one?!?! I would rather go commando

I got another one as part of a panty/cami set for Valentine's day and checked everything out in the mirror, and the verdict:

All cellulite completely visible - check
Saddlebags more pronounced - check

Waaaaay too unflattering, ended up opting for plain red cotton VS bikinis.

The idea of boyshorts looks cute, but I must have some sort of freakishly pear-shaped body that they can't adjust to because they keep riding up and really really really accentuate the saddlebags.

IMHO, they really need to start manufacturing some more sexy bikinis for us anti-thong people, there really aren't enough out there.

grneyedmustang
11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
It seems that plain, non-busy underwear are just hard to find anyway.

I'm a thong girl...but all I want is a few pairs of plain, black, cotton thongs. Why are they so hard to find??? :?: All the ones I find are lacy, missing the sides (so they look like black butt floss for real), or have been dyed some insane color like fluorescent green and orange striped. Ugh!

valpal23
11-11-2008, 09:38 PM
boy shorts are cute and I'd love to be able to wear them but they bunch up on my thighs and do a situation like aphil described. They just look bad on me by the end of the day.

I wear seamfree hipsters and thongs most of the time - they work best for avoiding vpl's under pants.

Bee20nine
11-11-2008, 09:51 PM

OMG AMEN AMEN AMEN. I am glad I am not the only one. boyshorts do this too me too.

My mom has always told me that women that wear thongs for many years get hemorrhoids that why she doesn't wear them. I just about fell out of my chair when she said that. I was like mom you have been listening to too many of our old family members again.

NightengaleShane
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
:rofl: I'm laughing hysterically at these thong-related posts!

Thongs are possibly the most uncomfortable creation ever invented! If they were any thinner or smaller, I believe they would get inhaled up my buttcrack. I only wear them if I'm trying to impress/get some ;)

I am very particular about how my underwear fits me and I personally think commando is underrated.

aphil
11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I am very particular about how my underwear fits me and I personally think commando is underrated.

Now I *WISH* I could go commando...but I just can't do it. How can you stand the seam of your jeans, you know...the area right there, where all of the seams of your pants are all stitched together? :o

grneyedmustang
11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Now I *WISH* I could go commando...but I just can't do it. How can you stand the seam of your jeans, you know...the area right there, where all of the seams of your pants are all stitched together? :o

That's my problem with commando in jeans. OUCH. :nono:

peachcake
11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I third the commando in jeans thing, no thanks! All the seams would be uncomfortable not to mention jeans aren't as soft as most panties.

NightengaleShane
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I rarely wear skin tight pants. Even though I now have protruding hip bones and a firm bottom, I still have a fear of clothes pinching my fat :lol: While saying that, I don't wear baggy clothes, either.

If they are SUPER tight, I will wear underwear because of the seams... yeah... that CAN be uncomfortable ;)

I've also been going commando for quite a long time. It seems like every person I have a thing or relationship with has a commando fetish :lol: hey, I aim to please!

JulieJ08
11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I just got these boy shorts:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/panties/boyshortshipsters/PRD~271745/Maidenform+Hip+Fit+Boyshorts.jsp#

I did yoga in them, and running, and they didn't ride up. The leg openings actually sit under the butt, rather than sitting on the butt cheeks - I think that may be key with the ride up issue. And the rise actually covers my butt and doesn't hit that exact spot on my belly that guarantees they would roll down all day.

PhotoChick
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm a big fan of commando, but there are times that I just need a little something between me and my jeans. :)

It also depends on the level of access I .. um ... want to provide. *evil grin*

Optical Goddess
11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I have decided that when the fashion calls for it, I'll have to go commando. I have boyshorts that are similar to the picture, where they're more like actual shorts and my cheeks don't hang out...but they still ride up and the legs don't stay where they should be. I have one pair of pants that they work with.

Years ago, I went commando almost all the time. I think it's time for that again, rather than spending tons of $ on underwear that annoys me.

I so badly want boyshorts to work, because I love the style and when I'm staying totally still they're awesome comfortable.

prepping
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I wear nothing but thongs. They're pretty, comfortable (no butt floss issues here), and don't require thinking in terms of "what type of underwear to wear with...?"

Although they pretty much never match the bra unless by pure coincidence, it is absolutely imperative that every single one of them is still in excellent condition. No pulled elastic or fading or holes allowed.

Plus I love when my butt is getting positive attention and really don't want an outline of my underwear to marr the image.

btw, for those commando lovers that are concerned with jean harshness, there are products out there to act as your soft and hygenic barrier when going commando. Can't for the life of me remember what they are, but they do exist! it's like a piece of material that sticks to the inside of your pants. I would have no problem going commando if I had those.

nelie
11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok I have a not so funny story...

I need to wear underwear, I do. Even if I'm not wearing anything else, I want to wear underwear. This means in all situations so...

I bought a bike, I bought bike shorts but I didn't realize that you should not wear underwear underneath them. Even if someone told me, I'd not listen as I need to wear underwear. I went on a bike ride, wearing underwear and my bike shorts. I started to burn and I was 10 miles away from my car. It was so painful. For those 10 miles, I'd stop, walk some, ride some all in pain. It hurt for 2 days afterward.

Note: If you ride a bike, it is ok not to wear underwear under your bike shorts.

aphil
11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
btw, for those commando lovers that are concerned with jean harshness, there are products out there to act as your soft and hygenic barrier when going commando. Can't for the life of me remember what they are, but they do exist! it's like a piece of material that sticks to the inside of your pants. I would have no problem going commando if I had those.

I am such a CRAZY worrywart...I would be concerned about getting into an accident, and being in the ER, and having the staff wondering what in the heck I had going on down there as they were cutting my clothing off. :rofl:

Marathon Mom
11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
The first time you wear a thong it may be uncomfortable - but with anything, you get used to it and you don't realize you have a thong on... Just like flip flops... some people can't stand the feeling of it between your toes... but you adjust and get used to it!

Optical Goddess
11-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I've worn thongs for a few years now, and while I've gotten used to it, that's not to say I can't feel it... however, I am one of those people who never get used to thong sandals either.