South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #1  
bkybky03

S/C/G: 150/144/118

Height: 5'2''

Default It's been three days of SBD and counting!

Hey everyone, I am new to this website but I really think that it will help me stay motivated! I just started the SBD and tomorrow will be day four. Everything is going okay, I had a bad headache today and was a little grouchy but I am hoping that I will start to feel better by day five. I am currently at 150lbs and wear a size 10, and my sister's wedding is the 20th of December and I am hoping to fit the size 8 bridesmaid dress I have to wear.ahaha! -thanks for reading and I hope your all stayin focused, motivated and beautiful!
bky106381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #2  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

hey you! I ma sure you can get into a size smaller ! keep it up sweetie!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Bky! We're happy to have you joining us and look forward to getting to know you.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

If you stick to it, you'll have no problem fitting in it! This diet is awesome! Good luck!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/153.9/135

Height: 5'1

okay, this is a little weird but I also am 5'2, currently weigh 150 and wear a size 10 and have also been on the sbd for 4 days...lol Hopefully together we can reach our goals!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
fmb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Good luck and keep up the good work!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bky!

Though you can see dramatic weight loss on SBD, it's best used as a lifelong change of eating patterns.

It's great to have goals that help you stay motivated, like your sister's wedding, but trying to lose weight quickly isn't a good thing for your health or your metabolism--one of my friends kept up a routine of eating whatever she wanted and then doing fad diets to lose quickly and ended up with a metabolism that literally burned no more than 300 cals a day! It's not a good idea in the longterm, so I hope you're planning on making a change to healthy eating (that is, if you aren't already eating healthy! ) that lasts even after your sister's wedding, Bky!

Are you exercising? You'll find that as you lose fat, if you increase your muscle, you'll be smaller, even if you don't officially lose a pound on the scale. A pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat (you can see a photo stickied in the Exercise forum here at 3FC) and so you can fit into smaller clothes sizes even at the same weight. You might consider adding strength training and cardio to your routine if you don't do them already. It'll really help you with your goal of fitting into that dress. I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

Last edited by beachgal; 11-10-2008 at 11:49 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #8  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bky106381 View Post
I just started the SBD and tomorrow will be day four. Everything is going okay, I had a bad headache today and was a little grouchy but I am hoping that I will start to feel better by day five.
Just wanted to make sure you know of some of the additions in The South Beach Diet Super Charged. Folks are saying they help with the South Beach "Flu" which the headache and grouchiness sound like you may be experiencing.

You are encouraged to have a serving of legumes, which includes soy, dried beans, split peas. black eyed peas and lentils. Dried beans include things like black beans, cannelini beans, chickpeas (garbanzos), kidney beans, pinto beans and ff canned refried beans. The suggestion is to start with a 1/3 to 1/2 cup serving cooked. Also two servings of low-fat dairy are part of the basic plan. Make sure you're getting plenty of lean protein and plenty of water.

Best wishes - I know you'll do really well. Welcome to the Beach at 3FC.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote