Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #62

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #62

tommysgirl18
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Hello & :welcome2: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

:woops: Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season! :exercise:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/LittleGirls.jpg

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate:

tommysgirl18
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I hope every one starts to feel better soon! I think I have three possible sickies here. Brandon spent most of last night coughing his little head off. Then today and yesterday, Logan and Marissa both took naps, and Logan hardly ever takes them anymore!

Kristi~ Thanks for that website, I will have to check it out!

Katy~ I love the new glasses!!!!

oops! gotta run, the natives are getting restless and we have to go grocery shopping.

Mom2Gaby
11-07-2008, 05:38 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/xychu/marshfield-motel.jpg

yay, after 2 months the motel is history!

Kristi - I guess the manger was nice to me, she gave me a deep clean to do. lol ...as a going away gift,,,,plus she bought everyone taco's for lunch. R's are for Rachel(17) and Rebecca (16.5) they live w/ their father in Portland.

Mindee- what kind of muffins? Hope you get some good deals while shopping. Thanks for the new thread!

Sue - I hope you got some rest from all the ironing! Sorry you aren't feeling well. :hug:

Katy - Did you make it to the play? Hope so...take it easy.

I found some black dockers for work tomorrow, I guess they will have to do til I get a uniform. I paid for Gaby's after care and now I need to go pick her up from school and take her to meet the babysitter who will watch her before school next week. Gaby is a trooper , if nothing else.

Whats with Chris Harrison?? He sure likes to gossip. lol Sheesh.

anyway, chat more later.

Shopaholic1204
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks Sue...DeAnna sure turned into a little jerk didnt she?

Mom2Gaby
11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Christmas is tight this year...

My dear BIK's,

Somewhat embarrassing to admit, I'm not getting an annual bonus and
Christmas is tight this year. I will be making bedroom slippers for you
all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree
that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've
included the instructions below.
How to make bedroom slippers out of maxi pads:

You need four maxi pads to make a pair.
Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part.
The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top.
Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part.

Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most
aesthetically appealing), etc.

These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe
* Three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags.

I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the
nifty slippers for yourself....

Awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each
one of you :)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/susans1234/image5.jpg

FrouFrou
11-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Okay, this is going to be a quick one...Josh & the fam are on their way over. So much for my computer time, lol. But...

Katy...Ha! I got my glasses today too! I love yours! I almost got some like them...sick or not you look good!

Susan...lmao! You gave me a GREAT gag gift for Charlotte, lol! I love the slippers.

Okay, sorry for the quickie...I will be back later this evening once J & C have left.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

jules1216
11-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Kristi--a big welcome to you!!

Katy--the glasses are cute!!

ok that's the best I can do from the last thread....

Mindee---I really hope you guys don't get sick!!!

SuzyQ--that's great news about the job situation!! I love the slippers--I am going to make a pair for our Christmas exchange at work!!

Mindee--were you the one that said they weren't going to work???

Cristina--have fun with the family

How exactly will the gift exchange work?? Do you buy for everyone on the list or will we all end up with just one name???

Sassy_Chick
11-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Hola.

Well I am finally beginning to feel a little better. Still sick, but I think I'm over the "hump" or at least I hope so! lol.

Sorry to hear some of you are sick as well, hope you feel better soon!

Well I am going to go and watch some movies........:wave:

Take Care Everybody!!!

:hug:

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1592/1592785h2wxpgt42r.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
11-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I am feeling better tonight. It was so windy that I only got in a mile ride. I felt like I was going to be blown away. I ate so OP I was amazed...then I blew it tonight. Geeze. I decided on a banana for a snack, but then thought it would be better with a little ice cream and chocolate syrup. Darn me!!

Francie- Yeah, Deanna blew her sweet girl image. Hope you feel better.

Susan- Hurray for no more motel cleaning. I didn't realize the R's were so close in age. So now they will both be driving soon? Yikes.

Jules- Hope you are feeling better also. How was WW? Good I hope.

Cristina- Have a fun evening with Josh and family? I bet your glasses are cool like Katy's.

Katy- Yes, cool glasses...love them. I wear contacts so only wear my glasses at night when the contacts come out. I just got new pair, but opted for the plain platinum ones...last ones were copper. I am boring, but no one sees them. I also wear reading glasses, so maybe when I need a new pair I can get some fashionable ones.

Mindee- How did the shopping go? Good I bet. At least the little ones got naps first.

Sassy- Are you still sleeping? Feeling better hon?

Kristi- Nice to meet you and hope you feel comfortable here. We are a pretty good, chatty group. I am the "old" grandma of the group but don't hold that against me. LOL...

Asia, Tammy- Hi to you both. How are you doing?

Well, no news from Vegas yet...thought we would hear yesterday. I hate waiting.

Nothing going on this week-end here. It is supposed to be cold. brrr...

suetalks
11-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Sassy---almost collided with you as we were both posting. Glad to hear you feel better.

Have a great WE.

Shopaholic1204
11-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Susan~OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest thing ever!!!! I'm emailing it to my friend!!!!!! LMAO!!!

Sue~She'll never make it in Hollywood, what a stupid dreamer.

lovnmom
11-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Susan, Those slippers are hilarious. Best wishes to you on your new job. I hope Gaby likes the new day care provider.

Jules, Thanks for the welcome!

Off to shop with my DD today. She really needs a new winter coat and we're going to find 50's style clothing as well. She needs two outfits for the musical next weekend. We could probably trow some things together here and make do, but it gives me a chance to spend some time with her. Wish me luck. Shopping usually means good coffee (lots of cream, flavors, and sugar) and biscotti. I'll shoot for a skim lattee. My aims not always the best though :)

suetalks
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, I am going to have to come up with different exercise for awhile. It is 38 degrees and very windy...not a biking kind of day. So, 1 mile yesterday, 3 miles the day before plus a 1 mile walk with DH, a couple of 2 mile days...my week was pitiful. (not mentioning the ice cream again...)

I have been stressed, so hopefully I can do better once a few things are settled. Like this darn condo purchase.

Have a good Saturday all...Kristi..Good luck with the shopping. I am going to dust and finish laundry..ugh.

FrouFrou
11-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello, and a Happy Saturday to all...

I am so sorry for not getting back on last night as planned. Josh & Charlotte surprised me with the call while I was on the computer and didn't have time to post and then stayed until a little after 10. Put a damper on my plans for packing up some stuff and moving some things around but oh well. I will take them when they come so...dinner wasn't anything special. I had started boiling a whole cutup chicken for chicken and rice...I always make extra and V usually takes it to work for a couple of days so there was plenty. Josh was hungry and had two plates! They brought over a cheesecake for dessert, darn it. Me being the piggly wiggly that I am had two slices, yikes! All in all we had a nice evening. Of course it didn't help with my WI this morning...after I ate the second piece of cc I realized today was WI. I am the same which is okay...I kind of expected a gain with the stress eating this past week. I plan on getting a handle on it, both the stress and the eating. I think once the house is staged I will be okay...just trying to rush and de-clutter before Tuesday. I was thinking about you Susan last night. Told DD I should just throw things away and be done with it. Not sure why I can't let things go-need to though. Anywho...

Sue...you are a brave woman! Anyone who will go out in the wind to ride or walk is a hero in my book! I am such the weinee when it comes to the cold and the wind, lol. WTG on the riding in the wind! :carrot: Hoping you are feeling better and sending good vibes for the condo. :goodvibes:

Kristi...now talk about a lot of exercise missy. I would say 8 and 10 mile walks is a lot more than I do. I think that would kill me! I get less walking outdoors when fall comes as well. As I said to Sue...just not brave enough to get out in the cold and wind. Did you mention snow? Yikes! Have a fun day of shopping with your DD!

Jules...hoping WI went well for you, and hoping you are feeling better. The gift exchange...you will end up with just one name, I believe that's how it was/is.

Katy...again, loving the new glasses. And it's funny, after wearing mine yesterday I kept looking at them thinking I should have gotten the other ones, lol. Too late now, lol. Did you make the field trip? That sounded like fun. And hope you are feeling better too!

Mindee...again, thank you for starting the new thread! Yay to Brandon's 10 tubs! That's pretty good! Hoping you get the free tub. :yay: Did you guys get out to do your shopping?

Susan...sounds like the hospital job is the one for you! Love the discount to the fitness center. You are not lazy in the exercise dept missy. I believe you were getting lots of exercise cleaning the rooms and you will get in plenty of walking/exercise at the hospital too. Maybe you should get a pedometer to see how much you walk during work...I bet you would really be surprised. We are proud of Rachel too! Kudo's to her for getting her GED. :hug:

Francie...Ice cream sounds good right now, but after that cheesecake last night, I think there won't be any dessert in my future until Thanksgiving, lol. Hope you are feeling better today.

Sassy...glad to hear you are feeling a little better. What movies did you watch, anything good?

Hiya Tammy & Asia...missing you ladies, and hoping all is well with you.

Okay, hoping I didn't miss anyone.

Not a lot planned for the day. Some more working around the house and doing laundry and I think that is about it. Maybe this evening I will be able to relax a little and get some reading done. Haven't exercised yet either so thinking as soon as I get off this thing that will be the first thing I do.

Almost forgot, I will see about a picture of my new glasses. I took some yesterday but then the camera was being stupid, just went dead in the middle of picture taking...I need AA batteries and don't have any, lol. Usually always have some around, at least two. But nooooo! And I almost bought some when I did my grocery shopping, ugh. Soon I hope...I mean I wouldn't want to deprive you guys of seeing me in my new glasses :lol:

Have a GREAT Saturday, ladies!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/mybusiness/Happy/fullofsurprises.jpg

Sassy_Chick
11-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey Chicks. :wave:

Well Sassy is BACK Ya'all. :D All I have to say is Mucinex Rocks!!! :carrot: I feel 100% better and I am so glad! Because this coming week is my long week and I don't want to waist any of my PTO time on being sick! :p

So I am EXTREMELY happy that I am feeling better!!! :D :D :D

AND I was able to stay AWAKE all night!!! :woohoo: That is a BIG BIG step for me! Because even this last week when I was working I was struggling hard to keep awake and that is so not me, I am a Night Owl through and through. ;) So I am very happy to be "back" :D I was even annoying my cat this morning so I KNOW I am feeling better! LMAO!!! :rofl:

So I send (((GET WELL VIBES))) to all those sickies out there!!! :D :D :D

Movies I have watched: Pirates of the Carribean, Where the Heart is, Fox and the Hound, Sling Blade (mmmm-hhhmmm) lol, Bruce Almighty. That was lastnight/this morning cuz nothing is on tv early Sat. mornings. Over my time off (I've been off since Wed. -- my normal nights off) I've watched: Secret Garden, The Little Princess, Harry Potter and The Craft. So not too shabby. It took me FOREVER to get through those last ones because those are the ones I watched when I was really sick and so I'd be watching like 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, etc, etc............So Harry Potter took me like 3 nights to finish! LMAO! :rofl:

Mean time my wash has not gotten done and none of my housework! :rolleyes: OH well. lol. I'll do laundry when I get up later tonight and the apt well we can just straighten up and then I can clean next weekend I guess.......Can't help that I was sick. :shrug:

OH and dunno if I told you all or not, my coworker, who I work with all night with? She scheduled a hair appt. for me and her at her hair stylist this coming Friday (14th) so I dunno what I am gonna be getting.....but her and my other coworker who I have made such great friends with are slowly bringing me back out into the world. I have worked 3rd shift for so long now and with men so long that I kinda um have forgotten about my appearance.....lol. I just put on whatever and don't even think about looking "nice" or ya know. I mean if its clean and its appropriate for work, then I put it on, ya know? lol. Well they are getting to me to you know think more about me and that is very hard for me because I haven't been "that girl" in a LONG Time.

What I mean by "that girl" is I used to go shopping for clothes and shoes and get my hair done regularly and do my make-up, etc, etc. Well that all went out the window after working 3rd and with all men + I have been married for 10 yrs. (I know 10 yrs is nothing to those of you who have been married for 20 + years, but I think its pretty darn good! lol)

So I am just really trying to just think about me a little more, which is very hard, but my friends keep telling me is so important for me to do, even if its something small? I dunno. I'd much rather do something for someone else than myself................:shrug:

Well I have rambled on enough!! Now you all KNOW I am feeling better!!! No more 3 or 4 liners! You all will be wishing I get sick more often! :lol:

Take Care all!!

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1164/1164406yp2sesah7u.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Ha, ha...I love SLing Blade...best movie ever, lol. And Where the Heart Is...I read the book first and loved it. The movie is good too but I liked the book better. Sounds like you had quite the movie night/day Sassy. Glad you are feeling better. That was sweet of your co-worker. Sometimes all we need is a day of pampering...good for the soul.

Just wanted to stop by and see if anyone posted before signing off for the day. Have a good one, ladies!

Sassy_Chick
11-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Ha, ha...I love SLing Blade...best movie ever, lol. And Where the Heart Is...I read the book first and loved it. The movie is good too but I liked the book better. Sounds like you had quite the movie night/day Sassy. Glad you are feeling better. That was sweet of your co-worker. Sometimes all we need is a day of pampering...good for the soul.

Just wanted to stop by and see if anyone posted before signing off for the day. Have a good one, ladies!

Ya I love Sling Blade. Billy Bob does a great job in that! I read and love the book "Where the Heart is" and you are so right, the book is a lot better...for sure! Ya well when your up all night alone (my dh is working dayshift right now so he sleeps at night time) and there is nothing on tv........and you don't want to be on the computer.......and you can't really clean because its the middle of the night............what else r ya gonna do? :lol:

Have a Great Day!!

FrouFrou
11-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Pretty quiet around here today...

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi :wave:

Nothing much going on...just watched The Spiral Staircase...sometimes I LOVE the old movies. Now I have to pack a few things, the last of things in the basement to get them out. V will finish up his painting tomorrow and then I can get this family room/office put back together...minus a lot of clutter! Other than not, nothing really planned for tomorrow. Thinking I will sleep in for sure, and hopefully get some reading in tomorrow.

Have a good weekend all!

tommysgirl18
11-09-2008, 12:38 AM
boy have we been busy!

we ended up not going grocery shopping on Friday. a friend of ours, that works here at the complex....some of you ladies might remember me talking about him, was getting some help from Tommy to fix his truck. well, they did what they thought it was, but it ended up not being the problem, so we ended up driving him home and then hung out at his house until midnight on Friday, well technically then it would be Saturday! So, we got home at about 1am, after stopping at Taco Bell to get something to eat for me and Tommy. The kids were all exhausted, so they went right to bed without any problems! Tommy climbed on the couch to watch some tv, and fell asleep. I shut the computer down and then sat down to watch some Ghost Hunters. Well, good thing it was an episode that I had already seen! I feel asleep in the chair, and woke up at 5:34 in the morning. I thought to myself, okay time to get up and go to bed. Nope......I ended up falling back asleep and woke up at 6am when Tommy woke me up and we went into our room.

I forget what time Tommy said that he got up yesterday morning, but me and the kids didn't get up until almost 12! Tommy said that he opened up the boys' bedroom door, and Brandon was behind the door with his pillows sound asleep and Logan was laying on his bed like he was out of it. When I heard the boys' door open, I heard a very loud "dada" come from the bed next to me, so I knew that she was awake then.

we ended up going grocery shopping at about 2pm on Saturday.......to which we didn't get home until about 4ish. (yes, with three kids, it does take us that long to shop! especially when Brandon is steering my basket to the area where he wants to go) we got all the grocery put away, Tommy started some dinner, then went to talk to our friend who works here. He came back to finish fixing his truck, and then he came home, made some fries to go with the chicken strips and we called it dinner!

Marissa took a three and a half hour nap when we got home, which was good for her because she was kind of warm when we got home early Saturday morning and then when we got home from grocery shopping. The boys were both in bed asleep by 7:30ish last night.

And now, here I sit at 12:37 ready to go to bed!

you ladies are more then welcome for the thread! I knew we were going to need one, so I started one before I went to bed last night. sorry for no indy's I am just too tired! but I will be back on Sunday, hopefully refreshed!

lovnmom
11-09-2008, 09:01 AM
suetalks, Here's to less stress for you chickie. Right now part of my fall decorations is a stuffed pig holding a sign that says, "eat more turkey" hee hee

Cristina, You deserve a pat on the back just for maintaining during a time like this. I get so stressed just painting and stuff when I want to do it. I can't imagine how many cookies I'd go through if I was trying to get my home ready to sell. ((((((( Hugs ))))))) to you. Oops turned the page, more to say..I just finished "Where the Heart Is" I loved it. I haven't seen the movie yet, but rarely is a movie as good as it's book.

Sassy, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Take your friends advice, you are worth pampering.

Mindee, It sounds like you've had a busy weekend. My children NEVER sleep past 8. Oldest DD (freshman in high school) is just starting to stay in bed later, but she's usually reading and faking sleep to avoid chores ;)

I had a terrific day shopping with my DD yesterday. Between PE, more freedom at lunch time at school, and just plain growing up she has dropped, I'd say, about 15#. She never weighs herself. The women on my husband's side are all 5'8" and up with very large busts. Of course she takes after them and has always had a difficult time shopping for the styles a young girl likes. Not anymore! She was able to easily shop in the junior section of Kohls and found some really cute things. We were able to get some awesome clothes at St V's that can easily be made to the 50's style for her umcomin play and I found great stemwear. Not sure why, but lately if I get in a thrift store I have to buy champagne and wine glasses. I just really want them. Weird, but harmless and fairly cheap. I also found some great Santa Coca Cola glasses. The kids really like them. My calories were probably not too bad for the day, but I ate not one veggie and only drank a little over half my water. I'm hoping to do better today!
For you readers. Right now I'm reading "Hot Flash Holidays" It's the 3rd in a series of Hot Flash book by Nancy Thayer. Has anyone read any of these? They're really easy reader "women novels." No real depth, but fun.
Have a great Sunday ladies.

FrouFrou
11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Good morning, ladies...

Kristi...glad you and DD had a nice day of shopping. I've not read any of the books, I don't think I have even heard of this woman. Will have to check them out though...always looking for someone new to read. Although, I've not had much reading time lately. Trying to get thru The Innocent Man by John Grisham...read two pages yesterday, lol. Thank you! I am glad I didn't buy any cookies, or choc donuts! I made the kids take the cheesecake home Friday because I didn't want it around.

Mindee...sounds like you guys had a nice evening. Kids slept til noon, wow?! I don't think I ever had one sleep that late except when they were sick.

Susan...let me see if I can get it right...yesterday was your first day at the hospital? How was it?

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on today. I am awake and up...thinking that is as good as it will get, lol. I am kidding of course. I am getting ready to walk the treadmill and do a dvd since I didn't get anything done yesterday...wait...I did walk for 15 minutes and then said to heck with it. The plan is to walk outdoors today too. It is supposed to reach 51 or 54 so going to wait until later today for that.

I did get quit a bit done yesterday/last night. Just some rearranging to do today and take some stuff to the goodwill. I can concentrate on reading and exercising today! Going to throw some sort of chicken in the crock pot for dinner and call it good.

Take care, and have a great Sunday!

Shopaholic1204
11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Just stopping by to say that I'm still alive. I'm going to the doc tomorrow.

Hope all of you are doing good!!!

Sassy_Chick
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Well just getting ready to go into work........yippee. Supposed to do a "surprise" bday thing for our coworker so going in early, but so far I have not heard anything from my other coworker? So I am worried now. I tried calling her and there was no answer. I can't call work because our boss has been monitoring us and doesn't want us to use it for personal use, which I do understand, but I dunno how I am supposed to know what is going on.........??

Found out something kinda shocking about one of my family members. She is having an affair with her husbands brother and has been for a month. Needless to say her husband has kicked her out, kept custody of their child and filing for a divorce, which I do not blame him for.

They have been together for 12 yrs now, I just don't get it. :no:

Anyways, ttyl.

Mom2Gaby
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Happy Sunday!

Just a quickie because I am paying for time and I am a cheapie. lol...and tired.

Funny about the pedometer suggestion Cristina. The co worker who is training me said he wore one and clocked 10 miles, another co worker said easily 7 miles a shift. You are walking ALL the time , except when you are taking your lunch break.

Oh, the R's are 16 months a part. I get to go see them tomorrow night! Gaby and I will leave for Portland when I get off work at 3:30...and I get Thanksgiving off! So , I was happy about that and also when Gaby has her winter program at school. Anyway , I like the job so far, co workers are very nice.

Jules - I am thinking the exchange is a $5 limit and you will only have 1 person to purchase a gift for, hope to get that done tomorrow,....trying to give Tammy a chance to respond and if any of you ladies want to change your minds and be a part, let us know! The more the merrier.

better get. I only paid for 15 minutes!!! Oh, I am down to 142~~ hee haw

sz2atheart
11-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA but so busy with my son's upcoming wedding which is planned for this Sat. the 15th. Needless to say, it's been a range of emotions. The mother of the bride has been difficult to deal with. I've stayed low keyed but last night was the last straw. After spending hours pouring over mother/son songs for our dance, I get an email from my son saying that we are having a combination dance with the bride and her father because of the bride's father's anxiety over dancing and being in the spotlight. I was floored and after complaining to my sis, she came to the rescue, chewed my son out and insisted that he get a backbone and insist on having his own dance with me. Just one of the many issues that I've encountered. I'll fill you in on everything when I get back. Heading to VA for the wedding this Thurs. Working longs shifts tomorrow and Tues. Wed need to get both dogs to the sitter and finish my packing.

BTW, I am interested in the gift exchange. Francie, I'm always thinking of you every time I cross the bridge on Rt 50 heading into Annapolis. I was there last Wed getting my roots dyed (you gotta try out Jeannies Salon and Day Spa on West St) and then again on Friday to the Amish Mart, Annapolis Lighting and Trader Joes.

Sorry to make this short but I've still got tons to do. Have a wonderful week ladies!!

tommysgirl18
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
sorry for this short visit, but I am just dropping in to see how every one is doing!

Tommy wants me to make some muffins so that he will have something for breakfast, so that means I have to get my booty into the kitchen. Marissa isn't feeling well, we are thinking that it is due to her teething, so she is awake in the bedroom waiting for me to come and get her.

Oh yeah.......I told her earlier that her boyfriend little Ben was on the phone (her pretend play phone) and she ran to the couch and grabbed her jacket. I put it on her and asked her where she was going, and she ran to the front door and started trying to open it! boy did she get mad at me when I took her jacket off and put it back up!

Shopaholic1204
11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
:cry:

tommysgirl18
11-10-2008, 01:29 AM
what is the matter Francie? why are you so sad?

lovnmom
11-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Tammy, I'm new here and looking forward to getting to know you. I hope your son's wedding can be the wonderful time you envision for him.

Hi to everyone else.

Francie, Feel better soon.

I'm busy busy with housework and paperwork that I didn't complete over the weekend. My eating was awful yesterday. I will do better today though. That darn homemade pizza from church was to die for!!! I'm not going to say "bad me." I'm just going to start over. I'll try to check back in later. DS has his first basketball game of the season tonight. Woo hoo!

Have a great Monday all

FrouFrou
11-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Good morning, ladies...

Kristi...no guilt, what's done is done...that's my motto. I think it's okay to indulge, of course that may be why it is taking me forever to lose. Game should be lots of fun!

Francie...hugs to you sweetie :hug:

Tammy...hugs to you too. :hug: You should have your own dance. How dare they suggest you share that special moment. Try not to get too stressed.

Susan...yay to getting Thanskgiving off! Charlotte has to work but they are still coming over. They were told they had to work either Christmas or Thanksgiving. Be careful going to Portland and enjoy your time with the R's and Gaby's program. Yay to 142! :carrot:

Sassy...sorry about the family member. Did the surpirse BD happen?

Mindee...more muffins lady? What kind did you fix this time? You are making me want some...good thing I don't have anything to make any!

Hiya Sue, Katy, Jules & Asia :wave:

Not a lot going on today. I decided to suck it up and bundle up and get out for a walk this morning. I could probably handle it if it weren't for the wind. I have a hood thing that goes around the face and ears. The thing is after a little while I get hot and have to take it off, which probably isn't good. Anyway...I did get in half my walk. Thought maybe when it warmed up a little, later I would do the other half. Ummm, mother nature isn't having any of that, lol. V said it was supposed to rain so I thought I better get the front yard mowed...two times around it starting raining. I was not stopping...I started and I was going to finish, and did. By the time I finished it was coming down a little harder. But I did get in a hour workout between the walk and mowing, lol. Will do some weights and a dvd later. I've got laundry to start and clean out V's closet.

Kristi-V is DH, Josh is DS#2, Charlotte is DIL (josh's wife-they just married in May), Cambrie is DGD, Chase, DGS (Charlotte's children from a previous relationship) and then there is Jason DS#1, and Carrie, DD, just so ya know :) I probably talk about them all too much, lol.

Anyway...better get going so I can get things done. Have pinto beans soaking for chili, probably need to get those started too. Just sounded good for dinner tonight.

Have a wonderful day!

tommysgirl18
11-10-2008, 02:17 PM
a quick one from me, we had an early start this morning.....which I was not happy about!

last night I went into the boys room to get Brandon some spare clothes to send to school. I closed the door behind me because Marissa was up and I didn't want her to wake up the boys. I went to get out of the room, and I couldn't get the door to open! thankfully Tommy was up because he had to grab the suction jar lid opener (you know the flat rubber piece that you use to open up lids when you can't get it open with your hands) and used that to get it open.

Well, I went to check on them before I went to bed and couldn't get the door open for the life of me, so I left Tommy a note to open it for me and to just leave the door open. Tommy opened it this morning and in the process both boys woke up so they came into bed with me.....so that was the start to the early morning for me. I was then dozing off and on from then on and in the process of all of that, Marissa woke up as well.

and since they all seem to be sick, Logan and Marissa are thankfully napping. Logan, I think has a cold, and Marissa has a combination of teething and a cold.

Cristina~ I made Cinnabon muffins this time. Brandon wants me to make a spice cake, but I am thinking of saving that for another day...I really don't feel like making it right now.

jules1216
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Mindee--sorry the boys are sick...

Crisitina--we had a week of Indian Summer but the cold is moving in here too...I am digging out the gloves and scarves to be ready..

Kristi--one day of "bad" eating doesn't make us bad...it's a daily process...pizza is my weakness and hubby wanting it all the time is not easy...

Francie--why so blue....are you still feeling bad???

Tammy--don't let your son let his future mil bully him and you and shame on the brides Dad (and mom)--it's a moment for her to remember--why share it...SO much work...I wish tjer was a Trader Joe's up this way...

SuzyQ--WTG on being 142!!! Sounds like all the walking on the job will keep you there....

Sassy--wow...what a shock about your relatives....

Katy, Sue and Asia--hi to you all!!

Off to give the boy his bath--Teri should be here soon, My Mom was sick today so hubby and I called in and stayed home..we went to Lumber Liquidators to look at wood floor...narrowing it down....

tommysgirl18
11-11-2008, 12:08 AM
popping back in here to check on every one.........

well, it turns out that neither Logan nor Marissa took a nap today, they were just enjoying the quiet that was filling the house!

they are thankfully all sleeping now, and after every one getting up at about 6:30 Monday morning, they all went to bed nice and easy. I just hope that Marissa is done cutting her teeth soon.......she isn't cranking but the stinky diapers really get old after a while!

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! I will have to head over to your myspace to see if you have put up any new pictures!

lovnmom
11-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Cristina, Thanks for the name help. Lack of guilt for my missteps is probably why I'm hanging on to the last few pounds longer than necessary, but I have to live too! I'm glad you talk about your children. Our weightloss efforts and health are important, but without loved ones why bother???

Mindee, Sorry to hear your boys aren't feeling well. My heart goes out to you and your daughter both. Teething is so rough on baby and mom. ((((hugs))))

Jules, Thanks for the pep talk. I try not to think of foods as bad or good or my eating as bad or good, but sometimes it seems the easiest way to describe it. We're going to be putting in laminant (sp) flooring this winter. I would like to go with real wood, but I know with 6 of us in and out they wouldn't look good for long. I know I wouldn't do the care and upkeep needed. I can't waite. I'm slowly trying to rid the house of carpet. With 4 children, 4 cats and a dog. The less carpet the better for now!

Had a good eating day and DS's basketball games were very exciting. Adam is in 7th grade and plays for both the 7th and 8th grade teams. I watch both games, but really only count the 7th grade game as "his." Both games ended in disappointing losses. 28-33 for 7th and 31-34 for 8th. DS had 19 of the 7th grade's 28 points. He was working it hard. He and one other boy have to, because they're the only two on the team that have actually played any kind of league ball before. He still plays like a bull in a china shop though. No real finesse has come yet!
Have a great day and hug a vet!

FrouFrou
11-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Just a quickie from me for now...I will be back a little later and do indies. Busy morning ahead and not much time. But I had to come down in the basement and do a quick spin and wasn't going up those stairs again only to come back down in 5 minutes to put the clothes in the dryer. So thought I would stop by and say Hi and good morning to all :wave:

Have a great day!

Sassy_Chick
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Hola. :wave:

Well the "surprise" bday sorta happened. My other coworker has been extremely ill, so that is why she did not answer my call. But I did the best I could and my coworker was very happy with her bday. :) Infact she said that none of her other friends or family really did anything for her so she was very happy.

We had a meeting this morning with the new Director, he isn't "new" new, he was a Ops Manager for several years, but he wanted to meet with everyone. He seems like he really wants to try to make things better, so we shall see.

Um what else? Nothing more about the family member but yes it was very shocking to the family.

Friday is my day of beauty and after in the evening we are "double dating", it will be the first time DH and I meet my coworkers significant other. So I hope all goes well. :crossed:

Not much else to say I guess no news is good news. lol.

Two more nights and then I am finally free..........:p Is it me or is this month going really quickly??? I am like woooooww slow down, its getting too close to Christmas............lol. Not that is a bad thing it just seems like its coming really fast and I'm not ready yet! lollllllllllll.

Anywho, have a great Tuesday & Veterans Day. :D

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1762/1762034f64d0ergcu.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

tommysgirl18
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
well, today seems to be a better day.....until Marissa threw up. Thankfully it was only once, but hopefully it isn't a recurring event through out the day.

right now, we are all quiet on this front.....which is good! I am in the process of uploading some picture to make our calendar! we save the coke caps and such with the codes on them, and we used some to get a calendar, which is nice and the only thing we have to do is pay the shipping and handling. (which I didn't realize until after I had used the points, but I know we will be able to handle it) plus, I have been meaning to do this for some time. You can put pictures of people on the days of their birthdays, so I am putting each of us on our birthdays, and then a picture, probably from the wedding on our anniversary date. and if I am not mistaken, you can even put all your other dates on the calendar as well. now comes the hard part of trying to figure out which pictures to use!

FrouFrou
11-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Back again...

Nothing much going on...too lazy to walk or exercise. Or I should say, too tired. Was up too early this morning and had a late night...thinking a nap is in order in a few minutes. Maybe after I will get in at least a hour workout after I wake up, we'll see.

Kristi...sounds like you had fun at the games, they were close for sure.

Jules...how's the little guy doing? Hope your mom is feeling better today. Hoping you find the perfect flooring!

Mindee..hoping little Marissa is okay. Calendar sounds really nice!

Sassy...glad the co-worker liked the bd party!

Hiya Susan, Sue, Francie, Katy, Asia & Tammy.

Okay, thinking I am going to grab a blanket and lay down on the couch. Just turned the fireplace on and it is feeling good.

Have a good one!

Mom2Gaby
11-11-2008, 03:17 PM
This is the list for the Christmas exchange. Simple with a $5 limit and I think we chatted about making sure the gift was mailed out by Dec. 1?:present:
Was this suppose to be a secret exchange?
I forget..also I was going to ask one of the ladies who isn't going to take part if they would like to scramble the names? Otherwise I guess I can.....:gift2: lol .........anyway, time is ticking so hopefully we can get this done by Friday!!:elf:

Asia
Cristina
Jules
Sassy
Susan
Tammy

tommysgirl18
11-11-2008, 03:29 PM
just a quick one from me.....

I was able to get the dates written down that need to go onto the calendar, but haven't done much other than that. Tonight Tommy has lodge, so I will get to be on the computer without interruptions after the kids go to bed!

I am making ring bologna for dinner......I am just waiting on an email from my mom because I am drawing a blank on how much milk to put in it!

it is cold here, so I am drinking some hot chocolate that has mint in it! next with either be plain hot chocolate, hazelnut hot chocolate or raspberry hot chocolate.

I will be back later........Logan and Marissa are both awake now....although I don't think Marissa took a nap, in fact I know she didn't! I heard her talking the whole time she was in there.....Logan on the other hand, I am not sure.....he was quiet so he might have.

Mom2Gaby
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
You ok Francie? Worried about you now.:hug:

Nice to see you posting Tammy! We have missed you. :hug: Hope you get the mother/son dance taken care of ....just reading that pissed me off. lol I am sure it will be a beautiful wedding.

Mindee- How is Marissa?? Poor little thing. :hug:

Sassy - I think the whole holiday season will go quickly, just so much to do and sooooo little time!

Kristi - I really liked when my girls were in sports, they had fun playing basketball. Rach did real well til her temper got in the way. lol Gaby loved swimming but I hope to also get her into baseball. You almost have to indulge! I can only go so long. I have gotten in the habit lately of doing so good during the day and totally giving in at night and eating too much. It would probably be better just to indulge earlier in the day.

Jules - yay , Jules! Miss hearing from you. Hope your mom is feeling better. The Home Depot here has laid off all their part time employees and the full time employees are now part time.....I guess no one around here has the $$$ to be laying out for home repairs ,,,and the store just opened last spring. :yikes:

Cristina - You deserve to lay on the couch in front of a fire! I wanna do that too. lol Today is a day off fo rme so I am just spending it w/ Miss Gaby, we aren't going to make a trip into Portland this time. I do have a 3 days off (22.23.24) coming up so I will head in to see the R's at that time.
anyway, I am sooooo sore! I am also out of shape but the walking on the job will help.

:wave: to everyone else!! I better get going, sorry for another quickie..........Gaby is restless.

chat more later!

jules1216
11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
SuzyQ--should I be calling you Susan?? I am ok with you scrambling the names and letting us know who we get to send to...I think we will be ok as long as we send the gifts out that first week of December. Our carpet really needs to go. Ry and his friend Chris are going to help us lay the floor so things should go fast. Chris got laid off from the housing industry and can't find a job. Ry said that's why he went back to the food. My Mom is doing better--just a severe reaction from an antibiotic. She's not 100% but feeling alot better.

Mindee--Hot chocolate with mint or raspberry sounds pretty good. I haven't put anymore pics up--we really need to get an external harddrive or something to save pics on so our memory is not so full. I have been checking yours out. The Halloween party looked fun!!

Cristina--the little guy really is fun to be around. I miss him when he's not. We never made it for pics the other day..I was too sick and had no energy after the WIC appt. We are leaning towards bamboo--hubby is thinking "green"--he also wants a windmill.....

Sassy--do you still have that other boss?? Have fun on your double date!! And your day of beauty!! Christmas is coming WAY TOO FAST!!

Kristi--we are getting rid of the old carpet for the same reason--less allergies and with two dogs and a wood stove, it's too much. We looked at the laminate too but hubby wants wood. And since Mr Controlfreak is paying I will let him pick whatever he wants and not argue. We are pulling the carpet out of my dd's old room and putting in a remnant we got from a friend of berber carpet. I'll be painting some more. After complaining to the point I wanted to beat him with a paint can, hubby has finally decided it really looks good...sigh...after 20 years I still love hime on most days...

Hi to everyone else!!

tommysgirl18
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
well, the kids are sleeping, and I am back online to finish working on the calendar and to finish checking my email.

I made dinner, and of course the boys thought the ring bologna was hot dogs. so, I kept telling them to eat their yummy hot dogs. then they got some grapes after they ate their dinner.

SuzieQ~ Marissa is doing better, thanks for asking. She is still trying to cut her, I believe, one year molars. I am hoping that she is going to pop the other two through here soon.

Jules~ I loved the mint hot chocolate, but I only had one packet left. I then tried the raspberry one, and I actually had two packets of that one. Now, I am having a squirt so that I don't get hot chocolated out!

Shopaholic1204
11-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Just stopping by to say Hi. I have the effin flu :( I feel totally horrible. I slept alllllllllll day, woke up at 9, watching Law & Order, and I'm trying to stay awake to watch Leno, cuz I wanna see Ross the Intern, lol.

Other than that, nothing else is going on. I hope everyone feels better than I do.

Sassy_Chick
11-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Morning. :)

Well another night down and one more to go tonight then I am done! :p Today would have been my Grandmas bday..........Monday would have been my Step Dads, I sure miss them.......http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/473/473949fjm3tcg78d.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Suzy Q -- Dec. 1st sounds fine, secret exchange is fine but does not matter to me...........;)

Jules -- What other boss? The boss from you know where that fired my DH? lol. No, we switched supervisors just in time otherwise I probably would have been fired as well because he hated us both. No now I have a pretty cool supervisor, TG! lol. Yes Christmas is coming WAY to fast!!!! I think there is talk of snow for here anyways this weekend.........

Cristina -- Yeah she enjoyed it. :)

Mindee -- Awww that was cute......glad the kids enjoyed their "hotdogs" ;) I am going to be asking my DH to begin making me some "Winter Foods" to freeze so I can take to work with me, etc. So far on my list is: Meatloaf & Mashed Taters, Chili, and Potato Soup........:)

Francie -- hope you feel better! I know what you mean I was doing that last week! Big :hug: my friend.

Hello Everybody else out there!!! I hope you all are well!!!

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1376/1376192c0s5xp3cxf.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
:hug: to you Sassy as you remember loved ones. Hope your night goes well and you enjoy the days off.

:hug: to Francie while you battle the flu bug. Get plenty of rest and drink your fluids. Feel better soon.

Hugs to everyone today...:hug:

I have been scurrying around trying to get the yard cleaned up before the weather turns frosty again. It is 50 degrees, but no wind, so not bad. I got all of the plants cut back and annuals pulled. Just need to get some straw for over the roses.

I then went up to the attic to get the Christmas bags I bought last year so I can get some things "wrapped." Want to have it done just in case we have to make a quick trip to Vegas. No, haven't gotten the condo yet, but if we do we will have to travel for closing. DH says if we don't get this one we will travel out and look again. Either way I think I will be flying. haha..

Finally came in, just as the rain started, so I can't take the bike ride I had planned. Maybe later. I did a load of dark clothes and just got them folded. Next I am going to make DH some cinnamon sugared pecans.
What a day, huh?

The good news....I lost the weight I had gained on our vacation. The 2 pounds are gone AGAIN..and hopefully for good. I would like to lose 2 more by Thanksgiving, but that is pushing it....and between Tday and Christmas I would like to lose 4. That would put me where I want to be at year's end. (well...not where I want to be, but where I realistically can be)

Okay...off to sugar some nuts. lol... Good thing I don't like them, they are for hubby.

FrouFrou
11-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Hello ladies...

Sue...had to laugh about the sugar nuts, lol. Not sure why but it struck me as funny. They sound good, never had any. Hoping you hear something soon about the condo...waiting is the pits!

Francie...feel better soon missy. :hug:

Susan...you are going to be a goal soon with all that walking. Hope you had a fun day with the Gabster. How are you liking the job so far? I am fine also with however you want to do the drawing of the names...can't wait to see who I get!

Mindee...what that heck is ring bologna?

Jules...cutie pie's BD will be here before you know it. Can't believe he will be one already! I love the bamboo flooring...wtg to the hubby for thinking/going green!

Hi Tammy, Katy, Asia, Kristi & Sassy :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Decided to do my grocery shopping today. Thinking of having the hubby take me to do a little Christmas shopping this evening. I have a couple of big things to get and need his help. Just want to be done with it but afraid that I won't be yet. That will get me almost done though.

Eating is not going so well today. I skipped breakfast which is a big no no for me. For some reason I woke up at 6:15 so thought I would read some. Of course reading makes me sleepy sometimes...so started dozing about 7:30 and went back to sleep. Got up at 10, got ready and left the house. Ended up grabbing something from Taco Bell...I didn't eat it all though, which is good. After getting home and putting the groceries up I grabbed the iPod and went out the door...did my 3 miles and am getting ready to do my 2 mile dvd and some weights. Working on the water too, have half of it down and working on the second 32 oz jug. Did I ever mention that we finally bought one of those reverse osmosis things for the faucet? Haven't bought any bottle water since. It actually makes the water taste just like the bottled so it is definitely paying for itself.

Take care ladies, and have a great day...what's left of it. :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
man today has been a busy one!

Brandon doesn't have school on Friday due to Parent teacher conferences, so I am going to try my hand at making an apple pie from scratch.....and if I don't have all the stuff for it, then I will just make the apple crisps again. Although, I am thinking that I do have all the stuff, so I will make both, as long as I get my butt moving when I put Brandon the bus to school on Thursday!

With that all being said, I made a spice cake today and put cream cheese icing on it. Good thing I don't like it! And, I made banana bread today as well!

Tonight we are having a crock pot meal, so that is supposed to be done now, but I am trying to hold it off as long as I can to let it cook some more and to give Tommy a chance to get back here from his cleaning and what have you.....so I am holding off on putting the potatoes in it until I know what/where he is!

The boys are watching Cars in the living room......Marissa is in the high chair next to me eating some crackers, and watching Cars.

Francie~ I hope you feel better soon!!!

Sue~ Great job on all that you have been doing! I hope the rain lets up so that you can go for your bike ride!

Cristina~ Ring bologna is just that......bologna in a ring shape. When you go to the grocery store next, look near the hot dogs and lunch meat and I am sure that you will find it!

Sassy~ I am sorry to hear that you are missing your loved one. I was like that around Logan's birthday. He shares the same birthday as one of my younger brothers that has passed, and then the next day is my two other siblings that have passed birthday. so I look at it as he has three guardian angels that will always make sure that he is safe, even if me and Tommy can't do it.

Oh yeah........I finished our calendar last night, but I was going over some dates from the calendar and was going to look and see if I have pictures of them to put on the dates. I can't wait to finish it up and then I can get Tommy to see it and then we can order it so that we can have it here for the first of the year!!!

FrouFrou
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Just stopping by since I was on the computer.

Mindee...geez, woman, lots of baking going on at your house. Are you talking about the bologna that is in like a roll in a deli or meat market before it is sliced? Guess I am confused as I've not heard it called ring :dunno: I forgot to mention earlier about Brandon's report card...:woohoo: to him! :bravo:

Getting ready to get on the treadmill and get in a 20-30 minute walk. Went to put the dvd in a few minutes ago and the stupid dvd player is not working for some reason. Don't want to take the walkblaster upstairs because I've just about worn the carpet down up there, lol. Thought I would start down here in the family room, lol. I didn't get to it earlier...got sidetracked on the computer and then V came home. We went to Target and found exactly what I was looking for, yay! Then he wanted to go out to dinner, ugh. But I must say I did good. Out of 5 chicken strips I had two, ate half the carrots and two bites of the mashed potatoes. All in all, not so bad. For some reason I wasn't hungry. I did bring the leftovers home but I do not want them. Anyway...going to go get that walk in!

Nighty, night, ladies!

suetalks
11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Cristina- The nuts were better than I thought...and I do like them, but not too tempted. They are half pecans and the recipe is called Holiday nuts. LOL... You just use egg white, sugar, cinnamon and a little melted butter..then bake them and when they cool they are sweet and cinnamon flavored. DH was happy.

Mindee- I know what ring bologna is, but wonder how you fix it? We have had it sliced on crackers with cheese. Do you cook with it? I love bologna...darn it. I also made a spice cake with cream cheese frosting today. Mom and DH loved it after dinner. I passed. I do like it, but I was holding out for a cup of hot chocolate tonight. Had that and it was good.

We had pork and cabbage for dinner, so I ate my veggies and as I said passed on the cake. I had a biscuit and fruit salad for breakfast, so didn't do badly today. From baking biscuits this a.m. to the nuts, cake and dinner, I spent a good portion of the day in the kitchen. So why did I forget to eat lunch? I always try to have an apple or something and I just forgot.

Okay off to watch the rest of the CMA's or whatever I can find. Going shopping tomorrow and it is supposed to rain all day. Yuck.

tommysgirl18
11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
well, I am finally getting some time to sit and relax again!

I want to make an apple pie but we don't have the right oats to make it. then I asked Tommy if we had a pie tin to cook in and he asked to see what I was wanting to make next. He then told me that we don't have the right oats, and then said to wait until they eat the stuff that I made yesterday before we end up with a counter full of stuff! then he asked if I was trying to fatten him up for the winter.

Cristina~ Let me see if I can find a picture of ring bologna for you. Nope, it is not the stuff in the roll in the deli counter. Thanks for the comments on Brandon's report card! We have his parent teacher conference on Thursday night.....I can't wait to hear what she has to say! And then he doesn't have school on Friday due to more parent teacher conferences.

http://www.karlehmer.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12

this isn't the brand that I used, but it is the same thing that I made the other day.

Sue~ Sorry about not answering your question. I make it with cream of mushroom soup. I made it with three small cans this last time, and then cut up the ring bologna and tossed it in a pot to get nice and cooked. Then I served it over some toast. but of course the toast got really soggy when I put the stuff on it, so it wasn't making the crunch sound I was going for.

RosieKate
11-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Mindee - all that food sounds good. I was wondering about the ring bologna, too...We usually call it smoked sausage or kielbasa, haven't seen it in bologna here, but haven't really looked either. I do like kielbasa with veggies over rice. Sometimes, I throw some in pea or lentil soup. :carrot::carrot:for Brandon's report card!

Sue - your cake sounded yummy, too. First everybody is sick, now everybody is cooking, lol! I'd better get busy

Cristina - good job at the restaurant! It's hard not to eat all the chicken fingers..they just seem to disappear! How's the house-hunting going?

Francie - hope you are feeling better, sweetie..get well soon

Jules - I would love to pull up my carpet and put down some wood floors. Just cant swing it now...but some day...

Susan- how's the new job going?

Sassy - glad you are feeling better, also gald to hear your job is going better..glad you got a new supervisor.

Hi to everyone I missed!

Well, back up to 172..bouncing around as usual - bleh. Now that I'm over this yucky cold, I hope to get some more exercise.. This last week was a bust. Today is my 2 year anniversary at the weight loss research study. I've lost 26 pounds since I started, so I'll pat myself on the back for that. I just have to remember that i lose weight slowly, with lots of bouncing around. As long as the general trend is downward I am not going to get too stressed. Would be nice to kick into gear a little for our holiday challenge...oh well

Have a great day everyone!

Sassy_Chick
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi all. :wave:

Well its FINALLY over! lol. I didn't think it was ever gonna end! lol. Now I am gonna go to bed early so I can get up early so then I can go back to bed tonight so that I can get up early tomorrow for my "day of beautification" ;)

I have to admit I am kinda looking forward to it. Its been a long time since I've had time like that for me and also spending it with a friend, who is a woman and not a guy! lol. :p

So anyways, take care everybody!

It is rainy and dreary here, but not too cold. But its great sleeping weather, so that is good for me! lol.

G'night! lol.

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1731/1731318rvjmnl781r.png (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

OMG this is exactly how I am feeling lol:

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/431/431349ozr8o1vxdv.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

RosieKate
11-13-2008, 12:01 PM
nighty-night, Sassy :)

FrouFrou
11-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Hello ladies...

Katy...wow, 2 years already...doesn't seem like it's been that long. And yes, you deserve more than a pat on the back...26 pounds is a great amount, no matter the time. :carrot: :bravo: We kinda put the house hunting on hold right now...too much going on right now with the decluttering and the painting. Almost done with the rest of stuff going into storage, have one more small load. Then need to paint Jason's room...his is the only one in the house that never got painted. Thinking we may make up a list of houses after Thanksgiving and do some looking then. Not really in a hurry since I don't think we will sell soon.

Sassy...here's to your day of beautification tomorrow! :cheers: Enjoy your days off!

Mindee...thank you for the site...I have never seen the stuff here. I actually was in the grocery store this morning and made a point of looking too, lol. Good luck with Brandon's conference tonight...bet you will hear nothing but good news!

Sue...I am going to have to try the nuts...really like pecans and that sounds really good. You ladies and your baking...spice cake sounds good too! I am holding off any baking until Thanksgiving. I am such the pig when it comes to sweets. Need to find low-fat recipes for sure. Glad the hubby like the nuts!

Francie...hoping you are feeling better today.

Asiahoping all is well with you.

Tammy...enjoy your trip and the wedding.

Hiya Susan,Jules, & Kristi

So had to run to the store this morning, and the bank, to get gas and take a load of stuff to the Goodwill. Had 4 bags of clothes and other stuff.

Waiting for it to warm up a little more so I can go get my 3 miles in. Thinking regardless I am out the door at 1, latest 1:30. The sun is coming out and it is supposed to be in the 60's but again, we have the wind blowing which is a major pain. Not sure what other exercise I will do today. I feel myself getting lazy, and not wanting to do much anymore. The walks I don't mind at all...but the thought of getting on that treadmill, ugh! We'll see...eating is going great, so far. I do have dinner planned but we do have somewhere to go when V gets home...hoping it doesn't take forever and mess up dinner. :crossed: Anyway...thinking I will go do a dvd while I am waiting...guess I'll go upstairs and mash the carpet some more, lol.

Have a great Thursday!

tommysgirl18
11-13-2008, 01:43 PM
nap time is our household! of course, neither one is napping, but that isn't the point! I had to play mom the builder this morning.....let me tell you it was a lot of fun! I had to fix a drawer on the boys dresser and the top part of the dresser. While I was fixing it, I was really noticing that it needs a new paint job, so when we go to WalMart next, I am going to look and see how much it will cost, and try and figure out a color or colors to paint it. Right now, it is blue and white.

Katy~ I am cut off from making anything more until the stuff I made gets eaten! so, in other words, it will probably be next week when I am able to make anything. I love to bake, so sitting here not doing anything is driving me crazy. thanks for the nice comments on Brandon's report card! I can't wait for his parent teacher conference tonight!

Sassy~ How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better! enjoy your day of beautification tomorrow! I wish I was having one!

tommysgirl18
11-13-2008, 01:44 PM
we were posting at the same time Cristina!

we have been working with him more on the getting phrases out.....since that is one of the things his speech therapist is working with him on. Today I was getting him to say "I am Brandon." I tried the same thing with Logan, but all I got from him was "I am me" which is what he calls himself.

FrouFrou
11-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Mindee...too cute...love that, I am me! Hope you are having a great day!

I am outta here for now...I've got exercising to do!

tommysgirl18
11-14-2008, 12:06 AM
We had Brandon's parent teacher conference tonight.

It went really well. The teacher said nothing but good things about him. She was kind of wondering about our take on having the school "team" give him some basic tests to see if he is ready to go into kindergarten next year, or if he will need another year of the class he is in now. We gave her the permission to let them do their testing and then we will go from there.

She wanted to bring it up now, that way it would give us some time to sit and ponder about where he will go into next year. So, once we get the results from all of that we will know more. She said that she is a little concerned about the academic aspect of his schooling, but she made an amendment on his current IEP.

Sassy_Chick
11-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Good Morning All. :coffee:

Well I have "joined" you "Daywalkers" (that what us "Vampires" call the people of the day world.......lol) I went to bed at 1 am. I am awake now because DH had to get up at 5:30 am and go to work this morning. So now I am awake I think. lol. I may go and lay down for a few hours. My "date" for my beautification today is coming to get me around 2:30 ish.

Man my back is aching though I guess all that rain/snow coming our way and + starting tomorrow its gonna get COLD! :brr: Which kinda bums me out because I was hoping on getting our car cleaned............Well maybe we could at least work on the interior at my inlaws house. They have a garage.......;)

DH and I went out lastnight after he got home from work. Went to Costco and OMG we saw the CUTEST two little Asian twins!!! They were absolutely beautiful! They were two little girls.........http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/443/443042s1kv6a73cz.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Then we went got something to eat and ya'all my appetite has gone down A LOT. I can't eat not even nearly as much as I used too!!! :carrot: After that went to Wally World and they had the cutest baby outfits, little santa outfits..............DH told me that we will have to work on the fertility thing........lol. I can't help it.............since my friend at work has a baby and she talks about her all the time and shows me pictures and today I get to meet her baby............I dunno just brought up all those feelings again........http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/672/672915axn8bqz1k0.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I got some Christmas shopping done lastnight too. I came up with a cute idea for two of my friends. They both love hot chocolate and Costco had little tins of hot cocoa and then I found the cutest snow man mugs at Wal-Mart to go with them and I can probably even through in some marshmallows too. I probably need to get those a little closer to Christmas. ;) Speaking of...........When are we gonna do the names? If you all already mentioned when, I apologize. I am too groggy :yawn: right now to read. I will read later........

Well I suppose that is about it!

Happy Friday!!! :D

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1361/1361251igvtiyq3y9.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Good morning!

Decided rather than lay around in bed (I was actually reading though) I would just get up and start the day. Going to do a dvd and then I have some errands to run. Another windy day here in Oz so probably won't get a walk outdoors...thinking the outdoor walking is going to be out for a while. Not supposed to get very warm today and woke up to a cloudy sky. Supposedl it rained (maybe that's why I slept so good) but it passing us. Anyway...the plan, and here I go with plans again, lol. The 'plan' is to do the slim & thin as soon as I get off here, run my errands, come back and do the sculpt & burn and then later jump on the treadmill.

Sassy...enjoy your day of pampering!

Mindee...glad to hear about all the postive remarks about Brandon :yay:

Hiya to everyone else :wave:

I'll be back later.

Mom2Gaby
11-14-2008, 12:30 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z11/Enchanted_Ways/Hjelm%20Forlag/PCKidsGingerbreadHorse.jpg

It is Friday!!

Ok,lets just make the name exchange easy because if don't we will never get it done. :cp:

Ladies who are taking part are: :mrsclaus:

Asia
Cristina
Jules
Sassy
Susan
Tammy

Notice they are in alphabetical order?? If you don't notice that it is because we still are in kindergarten but trust me they are in order in the ABC form. :dizzy:

Working our way from top to bottom (isn't this exciting??)

:hohoho::present::hohoho::present::hohoho: :present::hohoho::present:

Asia will send a gift to Cristina
Cristina will send a gift to Jules
Jules will send a gift to Sassy
Sassy will send a gift to Susan
Susan will send a gift to Tammy
Tammy will send a gift to Asia

I hope that makes sense!!!:elf:

Mom2Gaby
11-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I am back.

I have a day off, need to go and get a flu shot. I also have a tiny cold sore and I am trying to zap the gawd awful thing. I don't wanna be seen in public with soom bumpy thing forming on my lower lip!! :yikes:

That's a pretty racy avatar Cristina! lol I like the old 40's avatars too.

Katy - Yay on the 26 pounds! 2 years sure went by fast, good for you. How much longer for the study?

Sassy- I get to go into OB on my runs and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw 2 little new borns sleeping at the nurses station, they were so beautiful and tiny. Hope your back feels better.

Mindee- You would probably make a great volunteer in the classroom, does Brandon school have parent volunteers helping out? I need to do that w/ Gaby now that I have some sort of schedule in place. I bet your home smells good w/ all that baking!

Sue - I love cabbage and the pork sounds good too. The hospital has some yummy soups and can you belive the salad bar is .39 cents an ounce! I get a little bowl and that is expensive...soups are $2 dollars a bowl. I guess I will just have to take my lunch like the other workers. Sorry for the vent. lol

A huge hello to Jules, Franice, Tammy, Kristi, and Miss Asia! Hope you ladies have some exciting plans for the weekend.

I need to go and get some medicine for this cold sore. As far as the job I love it so far! I have been busy with getting trained on something called Area3. Basically trash/linen and bio hazard runs all day long through out the hospital. Bio hazard kind of freaks me out - lol .....so, I was really praying that I just had a cold sore and not some fungus crap growing on my face. lmbo.

So, I do area3 solo this weekend and next week I get trained for Late Discharges, which will be cleaning patients rooms after they leave, duh. I like the shifts that I work (every other weekend - area 3 & LD 11am to 7:30 on weekdays) because I get a shift differential of a couple $$$, so that is nice. Area3 though has to respond to LifeFlight (helping them get into the hospital) and cleaning up spills in the ER......, so that kind of has me on edge.

Otherwise the co workers are very nice and I like the working enviroment a lot.

k- better do some errands, bbl.

jules1216
11-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Went to ww this morning and was down a 1/2 pound, last week it was 2, but I hadn't been there for two weeks so I figured that was a pound a week. Hopefully I can keep up through this season of food and eating....

Dominic is hilarious, he has such a cute little personality, he loves music and "dancing". He's taking about 6 - 10 steps at a time before falling and he laughs when he falls. Too funny!!

Susan--that's a great way to figure the exchange!! You are so smart!! (and skinny and a great sense of humor...what a combo!!!) I just got rid of a nasty cold sore myself...didn't catch it soon enough--it was really bad!!!

Cristina--it's been rainy and damp..perfect laying bed weather!!!

Sassy--my kness are achy with the dampness and of course hubby is hurting and being an arse...I try to take his pain into consideration but it makes me mad that he won't go to the doctors to see if they can give him something. What are you doing for you beautification??? Have fub whatever you are doing...

Mindee--hope Brandon's testing goes well...it's great that he does like school. Too cute with the whole "i am me" from Logan

Katy--Hubby got a notice he could "skip" a motorcycle payment, so he is using that and just paying a minimum on his two credit cards which all three things should be paid off by next April or close to it. He says this is our Christmas so we aren't buying anything for each other.

Sue--can you pm me with the exact recipe for your nuts. Sounds like something my mom would like.

Well little D is ready for his nap!!! gotta go--hi to all I missed!!!

tommysgirl18
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
popping in here while I can..........

the boys are watching Calliou on tv, since Brandon didn't have school today. I got some laundry done today. I got the sheets, Marissa's three "loveys," Brandon's pajamas, and all their socks done. So, next will be getting the rest of their laundry done and our laundry as well.

I am still working on our calendar but I am going to try and get it done by the end of this weekend! No plans this weekend, so that is how I know that I will be able to get it done! Tommy is helping a guy from our complex move tomorrow, so I will be here with all the kids from 8am until who knows. then on Sunday he wants to drive up to my parents house but it is supposed to snow, and I honestly don't like driving up there when/after it snows. So we might go to Frankenmuth maybe.

Mom2Gaby
11-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I am back, oh joy.

Jules - why thanks for the skinny,smart and humor comment....now only if you were a male saying that. lol There are some cute male workers at the hospital.....the Oxygen Guy is kind of snobby though, he never looks me in the eye and seems bored w/ my question of ...."do you have trash??"
There is a cute young doctor though that tilts his head to the left and wears his surgerical cap thingie kind of in a floppy way.....hmmm, he kind of looks like a chef actually......I am pretty sure he is a doctor:dizzy:

Hugs to little Dominic! And a :congrat: for the weight loss!! Hope you all have a relaxing weekend.

Mindee- what is the calendar?

Cristina - where are you?? Hope you and V are having a good day :)

Hello :wave: again to everyone!

I wasn't able to get the flu shot. I did get a tst skin test shot and the first of the series in the Hep-B shots though. I paid for next weeks child care and now I need to iron and pack Gaby sleep over bag ....the plan is her father will take her in and she will spend the weekend w/ Rach & Rebecca,,,,really Rach because Beck has no interest. lol And pick her back up on Sunday and bring her home. So, I am just working and hauling the trash/linen and Bio out of the hospital. Yee Haw. I think I will run and get a big back of veggies at Cash & Carry, suppose to be real cheap and it has yellow squash in the bag.

yada, yada, yada.....I need to get out more. lol

k- chat over the weekend.

suetalks
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Good week-end BIK. Hope you have something fun planned. I don't think I am doing a thing. Maybe hair coloring. ha..

I am cleaning out my closet and getting rid of some clothes I have had for years. I bought 3 shirts yesterday and made myself get rid of 3. Funny, my closet seemed to be full of solid color shirts/tops, so I wanted a floral or something different. Ended up with 3 prints. I never know when to stop. When I was paying I looked down and said "oh good grief, these clash." Took me a sec to realize I wasn't planning to wear them together...but Mom got a kick out of it. :)

Okay, off to shower and bed. Have fun girlies.

Sassy_Chick
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Hola.

Well my day of beautification is done, finally. I say finally because it took FOOORRREVVEERRR! The lady who did my hair is going out of country for 3 months and so had to interview some chic to run her shop while she was gone, therefore our appointment got delayed.........:mad:

But it was worth the wait. She did a good job, everybody really likes it. Now I just have to keep up with it. lol. I got red highlights and my hair got chopped off. There was enough hair on the floor from me that I said, "some poor bald man could have a nice topee'. lol. I also got my eyebrows waxed......YOOOOUUUCCHHH! I had forgotten how badly that hurt! Last time I had it done was 10 years ago for my wedding! lol.

Then after DH and I went out to dinner with my friend (who I got my hair done with) and her significant other. Her guy kept saying over and over and over again how much he liked my hair.........so that was cool, cuz you know most guys don't say much about stuff like that.

Once again I didn't eat much at all. :no: Which is good, but I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with me that I never really feel "hungry"??? I eat because well I have too. But I honestly am never really hungry, except maybe once a day but I can't just eat once a day.........

I dunno. Anyways....................

My friends baby is adorable and a very very good baby, she didn't cry once! I said I will babysit her anytime! lol.

I will be posting my new "hair do" pics on my Myspace page probably tomorrow. I'm going to bed. Yes this coming from the "Vampire" I've been up since 5:30 am today.............Gonna be tough to get back on my "night schedule Sunday Night, but it has been fun..........

Tomorrow DH is taking me down to his work to get a flu shot, they offer employees family members free ones. I don't wanna shot. :( I have never ever had a flu shot and I am afraid it will make me sick. :barf: And I don't wanna be sick the day before I go back to work. But DH reassures me that I won't get sick. So we shall see.

Well g'night all.

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1555/1555806l9vcrlkebw.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

tommysgirl18
11-15-2008, 02:38 AM
I am sneaking back on here before I head to bed......

I cheated and stepped on the scale Friday morning......it told me 227.0, so I treated myself to a slurpee and nachos. now I feel all yucky and regret eating it. but it didn't taste good to me at all.......so I know that I won't be doing that again!

The calendar is a calendar that I used some of our Coke rewards points to get. We can basically make our own calendar with our own pictures, birthdays, anniversaries and anything else we want to put on it. I have all the birthdays and such on there. Right now I am looking to see if I have pictures from some of the other events that I can add pictures to those days as well. The only thing that we have to pay on it is the shipping and handling, so I am excited about getting it done.

Sassy_Chick
11-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Morning all........:coffee:

I have no idea why I am up this early.

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1687/1687973mcb6ne2b8w.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

FrouFrou
11-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Hello...nothing going on here. Watching a stupid Lifetime movie.

Jules...wtg on the pounds gone! :bravo:

Have a good weekend!

Mom2Gaby
11-15-2008, 06:57 PM
How is everyones Saturday going?!?!

I woke up at 5:30 and was out the door at 6:30. I stayed up late last night getting Gaby's bag packed and some of her clothes ironed. I miss her already. I called and she made it safely to her sisters and was watching a video and they were going to have pizza for dinner. Odd her father passed on spending time w/ her but whatever.

I made 2 chicken tenderloins last night and steamed some extra normandy blend veggies and took some of that for lunch today. I washed my meal ticket - great - it only had 5 or 6 more $$$ on it so I guess it could have been worse..........when you buy the ticket it is worth $20 (even though you are only charged $16 :dizzy:)......

I made it through the bio run, thank goodness. Blood spilled through a sharpes container ...freaked me out. Sheesh.

Mindee- Nacho and a slurpee??? Was this a 7-11 run?? Good for you on the 227 (!!!!) I am sure you will be fine even after eating what you did.

Sassy - I will head over to myspace and see the photo's. I was telling the nurse yesterday I had a bad reaction to a past flu shot, I am debating if it is worth getting after all myself. She gave me the lecture that it was...still hate the thought of getting ill from it though. Anyway.....let us know what you decide!

Cristina - What was the movie?

Sue - What shade of color are you going to do your hair? I need to do mine again...................to cover that paprika puke color I did yeeeeears ago. It is taking forever to grow out.

:wave: hello to Jules, Asia, Tammy, Kristi, Katy, and Francie. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

I guess it is an evening to myself tonight. What will I do??? Probably read, do wah and go to bed. lol

chat more tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
11-15-2008, 08:36 PM
we went to Chuck E. Cheese for our niece and nephew's birthday today. the kids all had fun! I got a picture of each of them in the car with Chuck E. Cheese.....and then I got a sketch done of me and Marissa. Just before they took the picture, Marissa put the piece of pizza that she had in her hand in front of my face. so in the picture, you can see her face, but then you see her hand and a piece of pizza in front of mine. I wanted to get a picture of the boys together, but Brandon could never get Logan to follow him over there without Logan throwing a fit.

Then when we were leaving, I was asking the boys if they had fun while Tommy and Marissa went to go get the van. they both told me that yes they did and Brandon told me that he wanted to have his birthday party there. (good thing we have some time to research it!)

Shel~ Thanks for the good morning on myspace! I think I rolled over when you put it on there, although I did get up about an hour and a half later.

SuzieQ~ How did you know? Tommy had to run to the store last night and asked if I needed anything, which he should know is a loaded question because I can usually find something. And since I hadn't had anything from 7-11 in a loooooooong time, I thought it was a justified reward. yay for making it through a bio run! thanks for the nice comments on getting to 227. I am hoping that the scale continues to go down like it has been!

before I forgot, I sent away for some information from a local college about their online programs. I got that in the mail the other day, and I am going to sit down and look at it either tonight after Marissa goes to bed or sometime during this upcoming week when Brandon is in school. I am also going to look into a couple other schools that I know have online programs and see if they can send me some information on their programs. I am not sure what I would go for, but Tommy suggested that I go for Medical Billing.

Sassy_Chick
11-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Well I got my flu shot. Wasn't bad at all. It made me sleepy......:yawn: But that is about it. After that we went to Wally World got some things. I broke down and let DH go ahead and get his bday present early: an Ipod. A friend of ours suggested it as a bday gift for him as my husband walks A LOT at his job, so now he can listen to tunes while he is walking in between his calls. (my husband works on the hospitals machines so if they have an issue, they call him and he goes to wherever in the hospital it happens to be and it is a HUGE hospital)

Then we came home and I napped for a few hours, then we went out to eat with a friend. I splurged and split a piece of chocolate cake with DH. ;)

Thank you all who commented on my pictures on myspace! :D I have gotten SO many compliments on my hair. :) And I noticed a lot more people looking at me today, er um well I guess technically yesterday. And in a good way, not a bad way......it was very different. But as my friend said its going to happen now that I am changing my appearance, people notice and not just my appearance, but the confidence that goes along with it. ;)

Granted I know that I have a long ways to go, esp weight wise. It was a huge step for me to post those pictures on myspace, lemme tell ya. Because I have been very ashamed of my weight. But now I realize hey I'm doing something about it and to not be ashamed because if I feel that way about myself, it radiates out to others and I don't want that. I want people to feel like they can come and talk to me and I have noticed a huge change in that too.

Remember I told you all about that one lady at work who said bad things about me? She came over Thursday morning and not only talked to me, nicely, she even touched my shoulder!!! :faint: And another girl who hardly ever talks to me came over and sat down and talked to me too. It was about work stuff, but still its a step because usually they will just IM me, even though we only sit a few feet apart.

I even bought make-up and put some on tonight, er um lastnight. I found out that its very difficult putting on make-up now because I wear glasses now and not contacts, so I can't see what I am doing! lol. I did recieve a compliment from my friend who I had the day of beauty with, because I called her asking her advice on what make-up to buy (its been YEARS since I've worn it) and she said that I have a very good complection.

My mom called and told me that my family member who cheated on her husband with his brother? Yeah her husband took her back. :rolleyes: I was like she is family and I still love her, but I don't know what she is thinking and why he took her back, I have no idea. But its their lives, not mine!

I swear DH and my family are like a soap opera at times! lol. But it keeps life interesting! ;)

Lets see what else? Oh DH got all the stuff to make chili for me and my coworker. So that is what I will be having for lunch tonight (Sunday Night) at work!! ;) Perfect chili weather too! He is making a ton and freezing some.

I am soooo sleepy but I am trying to stay awake at least until 3 am, because I do have to work tonight................it is amazing how easy it is to go back to a "dayshift" sleep cycle. I guess our bodies naturally want that because I only started it on Friday really and in two days I was back. Now I have to go back to nights..........that is tough. I usually stay on my night shift schedule, but I had to break it to go and get my hair done Friday. On Saturdays when my DH is off, I usually just stay up as long as I can to spend time with him. But yesterday I was awake at 5:30 am.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough! lol. :blah:

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1142/1142633doiywexe8w.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

pippy90505
11-16-2008, 01:05 AM
hi everyone I would like to know if I can join your group? you all seem so fun and supportive.

Shopaholic1204
11-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Hey ladies!!!!

Sorry that I've been MIA. I'm finally better (sorta, lol). I have the sniffles still, and possibly an ear infection. Drag, lol. Also...I've fallen off the wagon big time. Some other stuff is going on as well..but I dont really wanna talk about it just yet.

OH..I dyed my hair the other day!! Yay!! I just got soooooo sick of my roots showing. Plus, I really missed my dark hair. My new color is called Chocolate Cherry!! OoO!! It's super pretty.

Anyways..hope everyone has been good!!!!

Only a week left before Thanksgiving..and 2 weeks until my 4 year wedding anniversary!! YAY!!!!!!!

RosieKate
11-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Good Morning!

Francie - glad you are feeling better. Hope everything else is ok, or going to be soon. Love the new hair...at least from what I can see in your avatar..its very pretty.

Pippy - Welcome..the more the merrier:) We are a nice group, if I do say so myself...

Sassy -LOVE the new hair...such a pretty color. I'm so glad you put up pix on ms.. you and your hub are a cute couple

Mindee - we had a Chuck E. Cheese bday for my son's 7th. It is about as lo-stress as you can get. They do everything, cake, favors, pizza, yada yada. The food isn't that great imo, but the kids don't care. I like how they keep the kids secure, no one is allowed to leave unless they are with they person they came with...that's nice when you have lots of real young kids running around.

Susan- enjoying your quiet weekend? I guess it isn't that quiet, since you have to work...oh well. The new job sounds great...except the blood part, but I bet you will get the hang of that. I hear you about flu shots...I never get the flu, but the shots make me feel icky. I've been told we all need to get them because of Leigh's asthma.

Cristina - how was the movie? We watched the Wedding Crashers on network last night. It was ok.. I laughed a few times. I decided to knit my FIL a hat for his birthday...on Saturday. I got quite a bit done during the movie, but need to pick up the pace if it is going to get done in time.

Jules - WTG on the lost pounds!

Hi to Asia, Tammy, Sue and Kristy!

Well, my MIL is going in for an angiogram tomorrow. It could lead to either angioplasty or a bypass, we'll know more after the procedure. Please keep a good thought for her.

Other than that, it's looking like another busy week. At least I'm not sick...that was no fun.

Have a great day everyone!

Shopaholic1204
11-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Katy~Sorry for being out of the loop, and if you dont mind me asking. But whats wrong with your MIL? OH..the Wedding Crashers is one of me & Fonzo's fave movies. We've seen it too many times to count, lol.

Speaking of funny movies..we saw Zack & Miri Make a Porno the other day. It was pretty funny. OH..And we watched Get Smart last night. Omg, that movie was totally hilarious!!

Anyways..I'm gonna go back to waiting for Fonzo to wake up..

RosieKate
11-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Francie - you're not out of the loop, this all happened very fast. Her stress test indicated that she had a blockage, so the cardiologist wanted an angiogram to assess what's going on. Depending on what they find, it could mean different things, all of which seem to involve heart surgery. I dunno.. angioplasty might be less severe...I'm still learning what all these things mean.

Shopaholic1204
11-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Katy~she's in my thoughts and prayers!!!

jules1216
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Katy--hope everything goes well with your MIL.

Francie--Teri saw that one and thought it was funny too..Glad your feeling better.

Pippy--welcome--this is a very supportive group!!

Sassy--your hair really does look great and I agree with your friend..confidence shows through...is hubby on dayshift?? An Ipod is a great gift.

Mindee--one of my friends/coworkers is starting out with the medical transcriptionist at our local community college but is going to keep taking classes unitl she completes everything for a medical assistant. That would be good for you to get...alot of places let you transcibe from home on your own computer

Susan--glad the girls are taking car of Gabby for her--too bad her dad's a jerk, but you already knew that...

Sue--hey there lady!!

and hi to Asia & Tammy!!

took some stuff to Goodwil and pitched some stuff too...

tommysgirl18
11-17-2008, 12:10 AM
we went and visited my parents on Sunday......it was fun and it gave us something to do. the kids had a blast running around grandma and papa farms' house. our sister Megan and her kids were up there, so they all had a blast together.

we came home from my parents house and ran into some snow on the way home. the kids all fell asleep on the way home, and then took forever to go back to sleep after we ate dinner.

so tomorrow will be baths, and then getting Brandon ready for school.

I need to find some place where I can get some advice or tricks on how to get Brandon to get his motivation back in order to get him motivated again to go potty on the potty. any suggestions?

Pippy~ Welcome to the group!

pippy90505
11-17-2008, 01:13 AM
thank you ladies for the welcome and I hope to get to know everyone .

pippy90505
11-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey rosiekate I so do envy you and everyone else not in a bad way though I just miss wa. state so much and I saw that you are in oregon, I have two years left here in torrance ca. and than hopefully we will get to go back to wa. state there are fires going on over here and the smoke is just plain nasty, I do say my heart goes out to the people that lost their homes very sad, but I wish I was back in steilacoom wa.

Shopaholic1204
11-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey Pippy..I lived in WA state for 3 years. My hubby was stationed there. We moved to Maryland in Sept.

Sassy_Chick
11-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee:

Well my boss noticed my new "do" and my new make-up and said I looked really nice, he told me this twice! ;)

I feel 100% better. Yes like I said I know I have a long ways to go with the weight, but hey I for once in my life don't feel totally and completely disgusting!

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments! :D

DH is lovin' the IPOD. Not much to say........only exciting thing that happened at work is the power flickered on and off about 4 times! lol.

Well that is about all from me!

Hello & Welcome Pippy! :welcome:

Toodles!

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/985/985375krd2of69vs.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

RosieKate
11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Good monring...
pippy, I'm in Portland, OR...lived in the pnw my whole life and love it! I hope you can move back soon. I was born in Seattle moved to Oregon at age 6. Hope you get through the fires ok...looks so nasty. Also sadly, seems to be a yearly event.

I have to get Leigh off to school, so I'll bbl for more chat. Hopefully I'll know more about MIL as well...going thru angio as we speak.
K

Mom2Gaby
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
:gift2:Just a reminder and so the list doesn't get lost in the shuffle! :gift2:

:present::mrsclaus::present::mrsclaus::present:

Asia will send a gift to Cristina
Cristina will send a gift to Jules
Jules will send a gift to Sassy
Sassy will send a gift to Susan
Susan will send a gift to Tammy
Tammy will send a gift to Asia

FrouFrou
11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Just passing by to say Hi.

Nothing going on...got in a dvd this morning and waiting for it to warm up to go walk outdoors. In between will hit the treadmill some...not trying to kill myself, just need to walk.

Have a good day all

Shopaholic1204
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Mindee~Lucky, I want it to snow here!!

Sassy~A good makeover will always make you feel better. My mom's grandma used to say that whenever you feel down, just put on some makeup and it will make you feel better. Of course, I add that with some cute or sexy undies, lol. OH..after I colored my hair back to a darker color..we went to the mall, and a ton of guys checked me out, lol. It totally made my day, and made Fonzo ultra jealous and possessive, lol. Which also made my day, LOL!! Compliment always make you feel better!! LoL!! Maybe your boss wants you now, ;)

Hi to Susan, Cristina, Katy and everyone else.

Mom2Gaby
11-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Good Morning -

:welcome2: Pippy, nice to have you join us! I live on the outside of Astoria and moved to Oregon from California when I was 6 years old and grew up the majority of the time in a town south of Oregon City, called Beavercreek. I love the coast though!

Sassy - I thought it read she cheated on her husband with her brother. I thought "ewwwww" until I read again that it was his brother....still a major "ewwww"....right out of Jerry Springer. Sheesh. lol
I am glad you are getting a positive response to your make over, that must feel great!
I know....isn't it a pain putting on make up and not being able to really see what the heck you are doing?? When my medical kicks in I might splurge on contacts too. Rebecca is cute because she always sits in the dark doing her make up ...she says she likes to be surprised. :dizzy: lol

Katy - :hug: to your MIL, I hope all goes well. Great that you aren't sick anymore, hate when you have to get things done regardless how you feel. Ya,...I like the hospital a lot, I like the idea of working in the lab. I certainly don't want to be in housekeeping til I retire. Though there is a lot more involved and you can be in charge of a whole department....like one guy just does the O.R and keeps it up to snuff.
Weird how we both moved to Oregon when we were 6 years old!! Probably like long lost twins!! hehe:D

Mindee- Ummm, just a good guess on 7-11. I know Plaid Pantry has slurpees but doesn't have the food part and 7-11 is where I get my nacho's and slurpees at......omg- I hope you didn't put that nasty chili on it! lol Gaby is waaaaay scared of Chuck E Cheese, I think she wants her 7th at a bowling alley..

Jules - I am just cleaning out my wallet, have to start small. Good for you on taking some items to Goodwill. I would have just thrown stuff away. Yeeeeessss, we know he is a jerk. I think I even noticed he has Morgan on his cell phone. Morgan who ??? She is the child support worker for our case.
I guess :dizzy:.
I really wouldn't have any idea who the worker is because I lost faith a long time ago (lol) but he seems to have her on speed dial in case $1 extra dollar too much gets paid to Gaby....or he doesn't get credit. Like ,,,he did give me some extra a few weeks back and it was never credited and he was going on and on about if I would call Morgan,,,,and it is like....who the **** is Morgan?? lmbo.

Francie :hug::hug: I hate ear and teeth infections....soooooo painful....anything with the head...lol. Hope you feel better!!

:wave: to Cristina, Sue, Kristi, Asia, and Tammy! Hope you ladies get to check in soon :D

anyway, my only update is I ate a plate of mash potatoes (w/ gravy :yikes:) last night and feel soooo chubby today. It is a day off so I have to do some major cleaning and getting clothes put away.

chat more later.

tommysgirl18
11-17-2008, 01:25 PM
nothing really new on this end........

Brandon is at school, Logan is supposed to be napping but like usual he isn't, and I *think* Marissa is napping.

I folding and put away all the laundry this morning, took the spice cake that I made over to the office since Tommy told me he was going to eat it and hasn't touched it. I have a couple of other things to do, and then I am going to get back to working more on the calendar. I am almost done with getting all the pictures together to put on there, and then I will show it to Tommy and we will order it.

suetalks
11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Good Monday afternoon.
Susan, I had to laugh at your "cleaning out your wallet" comment. Especially since I bought a new purse yesterday and was busily cleaning out the old purse and "organizing" the new. I wanted that bag they show on t.v. that they say holds all kinds of stuff, although I wanted it to be smaller. (that doesn't make sense.) It was $9. for S&H. A little steep I thought. Then, oh, boy, I found CVS had it this week in their ad. Went and looked and it WAS smaller than it looks on t.v. So I bought it.(and saved S&H) HA! I am not one to spend big bucks on a purse because I get tired of them real quickly.

Okay...that was a big gab!

Nothing going on here. I am having a tough time losing right now. It is so cold and I can't bike. Then my knee and little finger hurt so badly, I think it must be arthritis or gout. Going to try the WATP video today.
Making meatballs for dinner at DH's request. He usually doesn't care for spaghetti, so I was surprised. Mom and I love pasta, so we are pleased.
I bought some Green bags yesterday also. I am so tired of throwing lettuce away so thought I would give this a try. I will let you know if they work...after I get some more lettuce.

Hi to everyone..hope you are all keeping warm and cozy. Be back later...

Mom2Gaby
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Sue - I just have my wallet, I think an actual purse would be too mature for me. lol I like to shove the dang thing under the car seat. Good for you though on getting a new purse!

Yum to spice cake and meatballs....you ladies put me to shame on all your cooking.

I did cook the potatoes and pork chops last night for when Gaby got home but her father said "oh, I took her to McDonalds for dinner"....argh. So, I sat there at the table and ate her plate of food and mine. Today I am doing better.........I don't think I have eaten at all..lol. Oh, wait. I had 1/2 a pancake and an apple. I am going to have the usual chicken and steamed veggies for dinner.

Cleaned today but still have to mop the floors. I stopped in the mist of it all and called my Hawaii Guy. He is doing well, it has been 7 weeks since the triple bypass surgery. He has gained some weight back and has been walking. He has been able to get out to his garden and start that back up. I guess a friend gave him an 8 pound tuna and I mentioned that it would be good in a salad...and he thought that was a wonderful idea....lol...he eats way too much rice. Anyway........yada, yada.

Going to get my sweetie from school now, hope she has her school pictures, can't wait to see them! Gaby came home w/ Rebecca's school pictures and I put it in a frame already, she is so pretty. Proud Mom :D

Hope you ladies are have a great Monday :carrot:

tommysgirl18
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
just a quick one from me right now...

Tommy is making dinner! we are having parmesian chicken, chicken stove top, and sour cream and chive potatoes. I am also doing Tommy's work clothes at the laundry mat so that he has them.

Tommy brought in the stuff that we got from my mom, so after the kids go to bed, I will be going through it all. we have plenty of blankets, plenty of sheets, now I just need to put it all away where it all goes! Marissa now has plenty of crocheted blankets. She has three loveys that she uses now, so my mom said that she had to look to see what she had. I swear this girl has about 20 of them now! my mom even kept two for down the lines when these ones fray and deteriorate.

I will have to do some better organizing in the linen closet because of all the new sheets and blankets! oh yeah, I am almost done with the calendar.....all I have to do is upload the pictures to the proper places, then I can show it to Tommy and then we can order it!

jules1216
11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
just a quickie for me--long day at work and after a weekend with the grandboy I am tired!! wanted to at least pop in and say....

HI!!!!

Shopaholic1204
11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Just flying by to say Hola!!! I'm drying my hair right now, lol.

Goodnight!!

tommysgirl18
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM
just a quick one from me, since we are getting close to the 100 mark, I will start a new thread either before I go to bed or sometime tomorrow....if I don't get a chance to do it before I go to bed, then someone else can start one.

RosieKate
11-18-2008, 08:33 AM
STOP - DO NOT POST HERE!
Go to Back in Kindergarten #63

See you there~!