Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

Default stress week 2008

this week so far has been absolutely horrible. for some reason lately i've been feeling like everything i touch is failing.

even when i'm not doing anything, i feel like i just did something wrong. or that i'm not trying hard enough. or that there's something i could be doing but i'm not.

i don't get stressed out often, but when i do everything hits at once. and usually i'm pretty resilient when it comes to these types of things (like, bouncing back to normal in a day), but this has been steady for like 4 days.

fortunately for my diet, i'm determined to not let the stress make me eat ungodly amounts of food. i've actually made a conscious effort to try to work out when i'm stressed, but sometimes it's hard to find time.

basically i know this will pass, but i'm having a hard time actually comprehending that. i feel like my life is just one big ****heap of unfinished or failing projects. i guess i just need some support and i don't like talking to my family about these kinds of things. and the only friend i have who i think understands is always busy working or studying so we never get to talk or hang out.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I would to make time to work out. One of the best ways I know to keep myself exploding like a firecracker when I'm stressed is to sweat it out. Try getting organized and recognizing your putting all of your effort into something that way if it does fail you know you did your best- and no one can fault you for that.

Congrats on staying on your diet, I'm having a hard time today with the 3 dozen cookies my neighbor brought over last night- I've already had 2 ahh!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

I'm with you on this week. I'm not quite sure what it is. Ok, I have a pretty good idea, but I'm not going to go there because it's not a discussion that I'm going to get into for this forum. But I've just felt withdrawn and angry this week- I don't want to be around my friends, I want to be alone. Nothing but me time. I want to go to work, workout and come home and be alone and relax. Nothing more. I'm hoping it will pass and the time and seasonal change is contributing to it, but I'm so stressed that it's just plain awful. I just can't contribute it to anything in particular, and that's even harder to cope with I think...
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli32 View Post
I would to make time to work out. One of the best ways I know to keep myself exploding like a firecracker when I'm stressed is to sweat it out.
I completely concur. Working out will help and you can't really 'fail' at it... Finishing will feel like a success and that sounds like what you need right now. Some weeks are just hard that way- one day at a time. It will all be alright, just keep moving forward. Don't worry about the little hurdles- they don't really matter in the big picture anyhow. What feels insurmountable today will be a distant memory in a month and may not even show up on your radar in a year.
Cassidy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Seems like this week has been stressful for many....I told my boss/coworkers today that if I had a great amount of $$ saved I'd probably be out the door. I work in a daycare with ALL women and believe me this isn't easy...too much gossiping and crap all the time...and the kids have been beyond crazy--not sure if it's the sugar from Halloween or because we're inside a little more due to the weather getting colder.
Hot baths and long walks to clear my head always work..plus a great workout
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

I honestly don't know what I did to manage stress before I "found" working out. It's a lifesaver for me. In more ways than the obvious!!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote