Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

Default back and need help

I am back, I was on vacation for 9 days to see my best friend in IN. Well while I was there I fell on the WW wagon hard and since I have been home I am just having a hard time finding my focus again. I need help and motivation ladies HELP ME PLEASE!!
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh I'm so sorry that all the encouragers went to bed and didn't see your post! Rest assured you'll get support today. We never dismiss a cry for help.

Don't worry about vacation weight. It happens. It also goes away. Some of it is a mystery concoction of junk food bloat, travel swelling ... If you drink lots and eat clean for a day or two ... you'll have a mystery loss of 2 or 3 pounds and then you'll be on your way again.

You've done it before and you can do it some more.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Yup, eat clean, drink plenty of water, and don't forget the FIBER! Like Susan said, travel weight DOES come off just as quickly as it comes on.

I totally understand how hard it can be to find focus, too. Sometimes, you just slip out of your normal healthy groove and it can be a grueling process trying to get back into it... but once you do, just keep reminding yourself of how AWESOME you will look once you hit your goal, how you won't be overweight anymore, how you will be able to buy a multitude of fashionable outfits and not have to worry as much about whether things make you look fat, and how much you are doing for your health.

And of course, we're ALL here for you
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Ditto what SusanB and NightengaleShane said. You can do it-I know it's hard to get back on track, but just remember how much better you'll feel when you're back to eating on your plan! Drink lots of water and try not to focus on the falling off the wagon part, but on the getting back in the right groove part! We've all been there and we're all here for you.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

I am just getting angry at myself I was doing sooo good, I lost 10lbs before my trip I worked my butt off. I only gained 3lbs while I was away and I can live with that. I just want that motivation I had before I left, I got back on the 26th so I have no excuse LOL well halloween and my birthday does that count LMAO. Tomorrow my girlfriends are taking me out to dinner and I think I will start fresh after that. When I go home for christmas my mom wants to have family pictures done and I really want to be down like another 10 or 15lbs by then I need to get back on track. Thanks for the words of support!!!
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Fight with all your might to get back into the swing of things. If you are a prayer...Pray! There is NOTHING more depressing than re-gaining lost weight. I have a little story that *Might* get you motivated.

A good friend of mine lost 30 pounds this spring on WW and she had around 60 more to go. (We both started around 1-1-08 with our own programs.) She went on a weekend trip with some girlfriends in early May. She blew it and is just now finally restarting WW and has to re-lose 25 of those pounds. We don't get to see each other very often but we did get together with our families on Halloween night. Seriously she was DEPRESSED when she saw that I had kept off the weight I lost this spring, plus lost an extra 60-65 pounds. Not because I had lost weight, I truly think she was happy for me, but realizing she would have been at her goal by now if she would have gotten back on the wagon right away. She was like..."I wasted the entire summer.", I felt terrible for her. She was near tears several times.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-06-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think sometimes the motivation only comes *after* you start doing what you need to do. *Then* it kicks in. Unfair, yeah, but knowing it means you can just start anyway without waiting to see who's going to win the staring contest between you and motivation. 'Cause even if you win, motivation will be laughing at you because you wasted so much time first .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote