General chatter - I Was Blessed Today Because.....

View Full Version : I Was Blessed Today Because.....

EZMONEY
11-05-2008, 11:24 PM
I have started these threads before but it has been a while. Time to get it going again dont'cha think? :)

I was blessed today because....

I had a dentist appointment to get a temporary crown, but I have a good dentist and I have insurance :)....I am blessed

I was early....blessed with no traffic :)....I look up and see my :love: daughter :love: pulling in :carrot:....she usually works on Wed. but is working tonight and had the day off....she lives about 45 minutes from me, I had no idea she would be there for a cleaning...as I open my truck door she rolls her window down and with her big smile yells..."There is my daddy!" :) I am SO blessed....she stayed after to visit with me before I went to work.

Angie made pork chops with a really awesome sauerkraut...almost sweet really...the kraut...not Angie ;)...I am blessed :)

How about you? Any good blessings today?

suetalks
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I was blessed today because... the sun was shining, I was healthy enough to climb up on the bicycle and pedal. Others might not be so fortunate.
I am always blessed to have a wonderful family. Thank goodness we are all in good health right now.

Blessings to you all and to EZ for making us stop and think about the good things.

jimaterry
11-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I am blessed to be healthy. I am blessed to have a wonderful marriage. I am blessed to be able to live in England for a few years. I am blessed with two wonderful grown children(esp blessed about the 'grown' part lol).

cher37
11-05-2008, 11:57 PM
I was blessed today because ...

1. My husband travelled safely through the mountains & came back home without incident & harm (moose, deer, truckers)

2. My son's parent teacher interview was tonight - the teacher is blown away w. our son & has high expectations for him ie. teacher's aid! Praise God for answered prayers!

3. My hubby is having dinner w. a childhood friend who was in town for business - when he's blessed, I'm blessed!

4. lastly, I had the energy & motivation to exercise twice today!!

Have a good night ladies, with blessings,

/cher

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-06-2008, 12:27 AM
because it was an absolutely beautiful day and i got to enjoy a nice long ride on my horse. simple but to the point.

Monkeybean
11-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I was blessed today because... I have finally found a site that has people who understand the issues that I deal with and the struggles I face!

lizziep
11-06-2008, 01:44 AM
i felt blessed today for feeling pride in who i am and where i live- something i have never felt before. i felt blessed today because things at work are looking to take a long needed turn up.

Shopaholic1204
11-06-2008, 02:27 AM
I was blessed today because my hubby came home early for work. And I bought tickets to the movie I've been dying to see.

Cie
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I was blessed today because ...

I am fit and healthy.
I have loving friends.
A friend said I was beautiful today.
I love where I live, beautiful BC.

EZMONEY
11-06-2008, 11:41 PM
I was blessed today because....

I had work today! I had 5 guys calling me looking for work today.

I met my wife in the driveway, and we walked our dogs together, after work.

Although my party took a big hit...I am proud to be an American this week.

Angie made an awesome diiner of polenta with spinach and tomatoes.

My daughter called me to tell me my SIL will be on the local news in the morning.

I am truly blessed!

NightengaleShane
11-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I was blessed today because my boss was on vacation (which means I'M completely in charge of everything!) and I ALMOST felt like I could ironically relax.

I was blessed today because despite falling off plan and having a some ice cream, it was Ben & Jerry's Limited Batch Pumpkin Cheesecake. I was blessed because I FOUND the LIMITED BATCH after three days of SEARCHING ;)

Gary, I am BLESSED TOO because I am DANG proud to be an American right now!!! :D

I was blessed today because I got a great workout in this morning AND ordered more really yummy BSN Lean Dessert protein shake stuff -- for those who haven't tried it, look it up. It's a bit pricey but it's the best tasting protein shake ever and totally worth it.

I am blessed today because I have a great job that allows me to afford the protein shakes ;)

I am blessed to have reasonably good health. Even if I do have a chronic illness, at least it's a mangeable one! And I'm insanely healthy in every other way.

I am blessed because it was a beautiful day in Florida and the hottie mchothot bartender boy at Ruby Tuesday flirted with me :o

AND last, but MOST of ALL - I am just HAPPY to be comfortable with myself, SATISFIED with my place in life, and any complaints would seem trivial compared to what others may have to deal with!

EZMONEY
11-07-2008, 12:28 AM
I am blessed to have friends like SHANE and also to have the Cherry Garcia "monkey" off my back!

Good luck with that Pumpkin Cheesecake kiddo!

HUGS!

NightengaleShane
11-07-2008, 07:03 AM
:lol: Gary, I SWEAR I am LAYING OFF the pumpkin cheesecake now! ;) *Slowly backs away from that ever-so-tempting concoction....*

ronni62
11-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I am blessed today because:

-our son, d-i-l, and grandkids are moving back here from Idaho!
-we have 2 other wonderful sons
-I have a Savior who loved me enough to die for me
-I live in a great country
-I have this great place to visit for support, acceptance, and friendship

cartp
11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Just to add my thoughts..
I am blessed cause I made it thru a difficult time and DIDN'T GET FIRED.
Jesus is watching out for me

Kim K
11-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I am blessed today because although I can't do my in-home walking program any more due to my bad knee, I have been able to peacefully accept it. (I can still do calorie counting!) :)

CountingDown
11-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I am blessed today because my dog gave me a big sloppy kiss when I came home.

I am blessed today because my husband gave me a big sloppy kiss when he came home

I am blessed because I had a wonderful yoga workout this morning

I am blessed because my boss values my opinion enough to track me down and request my presence in and unscheduled, and important meeting

I am blessed today because the pantry and fridge are full of wonderful OP foods and the house is filled with the smell of baking bread :)

tamaralynn
11-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I am blessed today because I got $200 from my boss today :)

murphmitch
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I am blessed because my family is healthy.

I am blessed because my husband and I have good jobs.

I am blessed because my daughter has found work.

I am blessed because I have great friends.

I am blessed because I have comfortably maintained my weight for 6 months now.

EZMONEY
11-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I am blessed today because Angie is on her LAST week-end of yoga teacher training!

I am blessed today because my daughter called me and needs me to help he,r more than expected, in a fundraiser her and my sil are hosting for a child with cancer.

I am blessed to know that my friend BARGOO has cancer and has prayers coming daily!

mazza
11-08-2008, 03:35 AM
I am blessed because I made a great new friend today.

I am blessed because I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep on.

I am blessed because I found 3FC and all of these wonderful people.

EZMONEY
11-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I was blessed today with a perfect weather morning as Angie and I walked the spoiled ones.

midwife
11-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I was blessed today cause DH ran an errand that needed running at 0700 and let me sleep in until 0730.

I was blessed today cause my faithful running partner and I met in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and had a lovely run on a crisp fall morning.

I was blessed today cause I have healthy food to feed my family and myself.

JulieJ08
11-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I am blessed today because I have now lost 50 pounds. I know it's because of a lot of hard work, but it is absolutely a blessing too. Because even though I could list lots of reasons why I changed my life in April, I knew all those things for years. I still can't say what changed my knowing & thinking (and procrastinating!), into doing - that's grace, however you define it . :D I feel very blessed.

FrouFrou
11-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I am blessed today because I had a nice dinner/evening (last night) with DS & family.

EZMONEY
11-09-2008, 01:39 AM
I was blessed today because my daughter and son in law hosted a fundraiser, and did much of the work, for a 4 year old boy that has cancer. They raised over $23,000....

I was so blessed to be a small part of it...and so proud of them!

flaminjo
11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
yes i feel blessed, i was worried about my weight after mey pregnancy, became a member of the board, 7-8 days ago. now i got time to surf around the board. and it is one of the most happening things for me since i started reading the posts in this forum! yes i feel blessed. my ex-office called me today, telling me that they need me again, again feel blessed

JulieJ08
11-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I was blessed today because my daughter and son in law hosted a fundraiser, and did much of the work, for a 4 year old boy that has cancer. They raised over $23,000....

I was so blessed to be a small part of it...and so proud of them!

That makes me feel so good :)

EZMONEY
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
That makes me feel so good :)

Thank you JULIE.

Last June, on around graduation time, my son was asked, by the parents group at the high school where he teaches, to be the guest speaker for the baccalaureat ceremony. When I saw him up on the stage, giving his speech, wearing his suit and tie like he does a lot of days teaching, I realized he was all grown up!

Last night, as I watched my daughter hostess the fundraiser for Max and saw how people "respected" her I knew she was all grown up!

My kids are with me in my avatar pic.

Here is a link to MAX...a true SUPER HERO! http://maxspartacus.com/?page_id=2

Chele615
11-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I was blessed today because my aunt came up to the house to watch the Patriots football game and she, my mom and I were able to sit around the kitchen table reminiscing about my grandmother and grandfather who are both deceased. I never was able to meet my grandmother as she died when my mom was 17 and my grandfather died over 15 years ago, but I love hearing stories about them and how much they loved each other. Definitely put a smile on my face :)

SweetCurves32
11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I am blessed because of all the love in my life.
I am blessed because I got to spend some extra time with the love of my life today.
I am blessed because I love my new apt and the new town I call home.
I am blessed because I have family and friends I love.
I am blessed because I know that God loves me, and I have His Son as my Savior.
I am alive, and my life is blessed in so many ways.

EZMONEY
11-10-2008, 02:05 AM
I was blessed today because my aunt came up to the house to watch the Patriots football game and she, my mom and I were able to sit around the kitchen table reminiscing about my grandmother and grandfather who are both deceased. I never was able to meet my grandmother as she died when my mom was 17 and my grandfather died over 15 years ago, but I love hearing stories about them and how much they loved each other. Definitely put a smile on my face :)

I am blessed because of all the love in my life.
I am blessed because I got to spend some extra time with the love of my life today.
I am blessed because I love my new apt and the new town I call home.
I am blessed because I have family and friends I love.
I am blessed because I know that God loves me, and I have His Son as my Savior.
I am alive, and my life is blessed in so many ways.

Now that is what I am talking about!

I am blessed because I just spent several hours with my wife's yoga class. Great group of gals and spouses