SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Confused about coffee

View Full Version : Confused about coffee

RealtorRose
11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm back on Phase 1 and I love my coffee. Did I read that I can have 2 cups a day. I do not drink it black so I would be using FF creamer...is this OK. My first day today so I drank tea all day.:( I figure in a few days I will be miserable and probably have headaches.:dizzy:

cottagebythesea
11-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Welcome back, RealtorRose! I love my coffee and can't imagine a day without it! Although SBD says we should have no more than 2 cups a day, I go way over that amount. I take mine with 1 Splenda and a splash of skim milk, and it doesn't seem to cause any problems for me. I drink several cups of tea every day, too.

RealtorRose
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Cottagebythesea,
Thanks for the support. Happy to hear I can drink more coffee although I know I will not be able to just use a splash of skim milk (it seems to turn the coffee gray!). I do use Splenda however I have been hearing negative things about Splenda so I'm torn. I hate putting Splenda into my body if it is not good for it. I read that it actually tricks the mind and you can gain weight.
By the way, I noticed from your bio that you live in the Philly suburbs...I live in Malvern (Chester County).

KO
11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I like the flavored splenda and NF dry powderd milk

RealtorRose
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi KO,
WOW, I have never seen flavored Splenda. Where do you buy it.

cottagebythesea
11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
I've seen it in most of the grocery stores around here, RealtorRose. Since you live pretty close to me, you should be able to find it where your store stocks the regular Splenda, or look in the coffee and tea section.

rdw1
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I like mine with about a 1/4c skim milk and splenda... I used the divinci syrup for a bit but found it caused cravings for me? I say try and adjust, everyone is different!