Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds - November Daily Check In

cathyxxx
11-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey gang :wave:

Can you believe that October is over and November is here! I can't :dizzy:

I'm loving this time change! I got 9 hours of sleep last night :carrot:

Got up early and did 3 miles. I used the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 3 lb hand weights. Actually it was harder than using the 2 lb hand weights but I accidentally picked up the 3 lb ones and didn't want to stop my walking to go get the 2 lb ones. But I survived :D

What's everybody up to today?

Leslie has some cool new changes on her website that I'm enjoying.

hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
11-03-2008, 09:01 AM
just moving this back up to the top

jmb1981
11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
hey everybody! i started doing the watp videos last month but didn't realize there was thread for it. i got up early today and did the walk/jog video. it's 30 minutes and i LOVE it! i feel like i get a lot out of it! my goal is to do the video at least 5 times every week this month. i might switch it up and do the other routine. it's a 4 mile intensity walk.

ZetaMD2Be
11-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Hey Ladies,

Welcome to the thread, jmb!

I did a quick 2 miles this morning. I might come home and do another 2 miles to round out the day, but it depends on what time I get in tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Thunder Thighs
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I did the 2 mile express walk this morning. I want to do it again after the kids go to bed but not sure if I'll have the energy.

ZetaMD2Be
11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
4 miles done this morning ladies!!!!!!! I'm hoofing it this month, trying to gear up for Thanksgiving -- and the Election Party we're having tonight!

CherryBlossom
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I exercised for the first time in months! I put in the Fast 1 & 2 Mile Walk Slim. I did the warm up and was only able to do about 10 minutes of the regular walking, BUT I actually did do the boosted walking this time. I jogged for like a minute! I'm kinda discouraged I'm so far out of shape but maybe that 10 realllly fast minutes made a little difference. Here's hoping anway. :)

Michele L
11-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Way to go, Cherry! Every little bit we do DOES help! Keep it up and before you know it you'll be doing 1 mile and then MORE!!

I had a terrible October, but I have resolved to change my ways for November! I got up yesterday morning and did the Classic Walk from the 5 Day Slim Down and then this morning I did the Sculpt Your Arms mile from the same DVD!! That's 2 days in a row, which is amazing after how bad I had been these last few months! Look out "Onederland", here I come! :D

cathyxxx
11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs dvd.

Michele - it's great to see ya girlie!!! did you try to watch the live webcast last nite on leslie's website? i tried but there must have been a problem bec it never came on. oh i'm reading there now and it says there was a hardware failure but that they recorded it and that we'll be able to see it soon.

Cherry - CONGRATS on exercising! don't be discouraged. keep it up and you will see improvements each time you walk!

Zeta - you are on a roll girl! you are doing GREAT!!!!

Thunder - you are doing great!

Welcome jmb - I love the Walk and Jog dvd too. I haven't pulled that one out in awhile tho.

Hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
11-05-2008, 09:10 AM
hey gang :wave:

I did 3 miles this morning. I used the 5 mile walk.

what's everybody doing today?

later gaters :wave:

Jayme31
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I am new to this thread...

I did the 2mile video yestrday and the 1mile this morning,,, my goal is to do them 3x per week, minimum; so far i may exceed my goal this week,, yah!!

I love the videos and find them a great workout and something that everyone can do!! I have them all the way up to the 4mile,,, but i am 27wks pregnant and starting slow, and hoping to work my way up as i can!
Nice to meet all of you:)

ZetaMD2Be
11-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Hey Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to walk today (and considering what I ate on Election night -- geez, I really need to walk like a bajillion miles. LOL) -- midterm on Friday. I'm going to work on it tomorrow morning. :) I hope everyone had a great day.

Jayme31
11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
did the one mile walk video this morning!! the one mile seems to be getting a bit easy, but i am trying to start s-l-o-w-l-y as its the only way i stick with anything!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day:)

cathyxxx
11-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Welcome Jayme! it's great to have you here! and it's great to have you walking with us!

I did 2 miles this morning!

hugs
cathy

Jayme31
11-07-2008, 09:45 AM
I`ve done the the videos every day this week!! Small victory but it sure does feel great:)

cathyxxx
11-07-2008, 09:50 AM
no small victory to me! ;-) i've done the same - i've walked every morning this week - 5 days in a row - and man does it feel good! you go jayme! that's great!!!!!!

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Heart Healthy Walk this morning.

hugs
cathy

Jayme31
11-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Way to go Cathy!!!! Looks like we`ve both had a great week:)

ZetaMD2Be
11-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Hey Ladies!

I'm back. My midterm studying took up a lot of time for the past couple of days. I managed to get in a 4mile walk today and a 15 min Pilates video!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Thunder Thighs
11-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I have a question....I have the 1 and 2 mile express brisk walk. My problem is the 1 mile is way too easy, but the 2 mile speeds up so quickly that I want to kill over dead by 1-1.5 miles. Do all the 2 miles go that fast? If so, I don't see how I will ever make it to 4 miles.

Thunder Thighs
11-09-2008, 11:17 AM
One other thing, I really need to get some better shoes. Any suggestions? My muscles don't even burn but I want to stop because my feet hurt so bad!

blackdove95
11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey all!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I've been doing a lot of work from home, spending time with the bf, and then I went out of town for the weekend. (LOVE Boston! Such a walkable city!)

But I'm here to report that despite me being kind of lax with my working out, I have been striving to do it every other day and haven't lost or gained any weight... and I've been eating ice cream and chocolate! haha

Anyway, I kind of like it when there's nothing going on cuz then it's easier to go about my normal eating/exercise routine.

I'm trying to get down to a size 16 before Thanksgiving! I'm almost there!

Glad to hear all of you are doing well! *hug*

kamesennin
11-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Oh I had to go searching for our thread! Can't believe it's November already. I got a new 5 mile dvd and it is great! I am visiting my parents so it's strange being away from home without a routine. It is great to get some walking in everyday since it is so rainy and dark here (WA state). I made a pumpkin pie (stupid stupid stupid--where is that head banging smilie?!!) so I need to do even more walking. Darn Martha Stewart and her chocolate pumpkin pie recipes.

cathyxxx
11-11-2008, 09:14 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I got up early and did 2 miles. I used the Walking Down Your Blood Sugar dvd.

Thunder - I like Reebok DMX walking tennis shoes. I got my last pair at Sears. I like finding them on sale tho ;-) Just hang in there with the walking - the more you do it - the better you will be able to get thru the 2 mile dvds.

Hey Liane - I was wondering where you were? ;) it's good to see ya! I love the new 5 mile dvd but I think I would enjoy it more if she had the gang behind her. I think more people walking distracts me better while I'm walking but it's certainly a good dvd.

Blackdove - Ice cream and chocolate sounds YUMMY GOOD to me! ;)

Zeta - you are doing GREAT!!!! are your midterms over?

Hey Jayme - how's it going? still walking?

hugs,
Cathy

ZetaMD2Be
11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey Ladies,

The dreaded midterm is over -- I passed. YIPPEE!! Moving onto Finals on the 21st. I'm taking it easy this week -- making sure I eat on plan and working the exercise in where I can. So far, I got in 4 miles on Sunday, but none Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to try to walk some tonight, if possible.

Glad to see you all are doing well!

blackdove95
11-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I've been doing the TurboJam and this every other day. WATP dvds are great for getting my heart rate up, whereas I really feel toned after doing TurboJam (even tho I'm so new to it.)

I tried to post a few days ago, but I couldn't get to this page. V. weird.

ZetaMD2Be
11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Ladies,

I've been MIA a lot lately -- been having a hard time getting my workout in. School is keeping me busy and tired ALL the time. It's probably got something to do with TOM. But on the bright side, I've been steadily seeing the scale go down 1 lb per week. I'll take it!!!

Nov 15th: 5 mile WATP DVD
Nov 16th: 5 mile WATP DVD

10 miles in one weekend!!!!! I'm trying to get motivated to walk some tonight -- but I have my huge psych final on Friday -- I should really be studying!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

cathyxxx
11-18-2008, 09:06 PM
hey gang - looks like most of us are kind of MIA right now :-(

i have fallen off the wagon. i have a terrible cold and i will get back on the walking wagon as soon as i can. i'm feeling rough ;)

hugs,
cathy

ZetaMD2Be
11-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey Cathy!

I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

I still haven't gotten in a walk yet for this week -- I'm going to do it though. I promise. I'm hoping that this will get me to pull it together tomorrow!

Have a good hump day ladies!

blackdove95
11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Feel better, Cathy!

I'll be honest and tell you that the cold weather doesn't help. Even tho it's all indoor exercise, the motivation kinda goes down when it's miserable outside cuz I kinda get miserable inside (even tho I have no reason to be).

But that's why I got you guys, right? :)

ZetaMD2Be
11-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Blackdove -- you're so not alone. The fact that it gets dark earlier in the evening kills my motivation (to workout, to study, to be productive in general). I'm hoping that I can pull it together and adjust soon!

ZetaMD2Be
11-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Everyone!!

I joined a local gym earlier this week, so I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate both the gym and Leslie's videos together for my work out. It's a work in progress.

Nov 21st: 1.63 mile on the treadmill
Nov 22nd: 2.73 miles on the treadmill; 3 mile WATP DVD

I hope everyone one is having a great weekend!

NuevaVida
11-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. Been around 3FC since early Sept and my workouts started out at 10 minutes on my exercise bike. Slowly I've been adding minutes to the bike (did 90 min session yesterday for the first time!!!) and then added Leslie's WATP for variety and cross training.

I started with the 1 mile, "Get up and Get Started" workout and for the longest time I could only do 10 minutes. Somewhere at the end of October I was able to finish the 1 mile workout (yay me!) and then slowly graduated to being able to do 20 minutes of the 30-min 2-mile "High Calorie Burn" workout.

Well, yesterday I discovered this thread and decided that I would do all 30 minutes of the 2-mile workout today - no matter what!!! And, here I am! I did it! I modified a bit, taking out the arms when they felt like they were going to fall off, and i didn't use the weights but I finished the whole 30 minutes. I am very proud of myself.

I'll be back to update you on my WATP's progress. I LOVE it that this thread exists!!! :-)

I LOVE Leslie's videos because I weigh about 350 pounds and the workouts are low-impact yet entertaining, plus I get my heart-rate going every time.

kamesennin
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Yay for the gym Zeta! How are you liking it? I really want to join the YMCA just for the sauna. I would go everyday I think. LOL Did you get a good price on your membership?

Welcome Mimi, I live in San Mateo!

I'm back from my trip so now I can keep better track of this thread. :)

ZetaMD2Be
11-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone!

This is just a quick post before I run off to school. I got in a 3 mile walk with Leslie this morning! I plan on hitting the gym later this evening to lift weights -- it's leg day -- and to get in probably another 2 miles on the treadmill or something.

Kamesennin -- I really like my new gym. The joining fee was only $25 for students, so it doesn't get much better than that. After Thanksgiving, I'm going to try to take some of their classes. They've got a Turbo Kick class, as well as one called Combust IT! which includes weight lifting. I'm intrigued by it.

Motivation isn't as high as it could be today -it's raining today :(

Have a great day everyone!!!

P.S. Welcome to the thread, NuevaVida!!

Jayme31
11-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey ev1,

I fell off the wagon,,,but thought i`d slip back in here and report that yestrday i did the 1 mile walk and today i did the 2 mile walk!! Hoping to complete all five days this week:)

cathyxxx
11-25-2008, 03:16 PM
hey gang

i have majorily fell off the wagon but i'll get back on. my cold is finally letting up and i'm starting to feel better. the good news is that i haven't been eating so that's good ;-)

Zeta - CONGRATS on joining the gym!

WELCOME MIMI - it's great to have you here with us! CONGRATS on doing the whole 30 minutes!!!!

Hey Liane - how was your trip?

Hey Jayme - it sounds like you've jumped right back on that wagon! GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! I'll be right back up there with you shorly!

hope everybody has a great and happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
hugs,
Cathy

Jayme31
11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
2 mile video done today!! I`m on a roll,,, i love these videos,, such a great workout and not hard to do at all!! I find the 2mile challenging but i was finding the 1mile quite easy,, so i guess i am right where i need to be!!

Cathy:Hope you are feeling better soon:)..waiting for you to join me!!!

cathyxxx
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey gang :wave:

I'm trying to jump back on the wagon ;) so I got up at 5:00 this morning and did 2 miles. I used the Heart Healthy Walk dvd.

I have to say that I feel much better this morning since I walked 2 miles. It makes a difference in my frame of mind and my energy and it also makes a difference in what I put in my mouth for the day. So I'm feeling GOOD this morning :cp:

I just ordered Leslie's new 5 mile Fat Burning Walk dvd from amazon for 9.99. It is 5 - 12 minute miles. It should be good! anybody else order it?

how is everybody doing?
hugs,
cathy

Jayme31
12-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I did the 2mile as well today,,,, i feel the same way on the days i do the videos,, i keep myself on track better,.

I have the 5mile here but i have never tried it,, so far i am only able to do the 1 & 2 mile walks..

let me know how it goes when you get it:)

ZetaMD2Be
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey Ladies,

I've been MIA on the forums lately-- Thanksgiving got me! LOL. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I didn't gain any really over the holiday (.4 lbs -- which is probably water issues, from the plane ride and spending all day in the airport sunday).

I did walk 2 miles with Leslie yesterday evening, but none today. I'm trying to get into this Arc Glider machine they've got at the gym. It's kinda like an elliptical, but your legs swing (think Gazelle-esque). I did 20 minutes on that today -- that's up from the 5-10mins that I've lasted in the past. I'm trying to work my way up to 30 minutes.

Cathy -- let me know what you think of the new 5 mile video, I'm thinking about purchasing it!

Have a fabulous Wednesday ladies!

kamesennin
12-03-2008, 04:53 AM
I did 1 mile today, and then a 30 min cardio hula dvd so that was pretty good for one day.

I have the 5 mile advanced walk and I like it because each mile just starts right up with a brisk pace. I don't really need to go so slow at the beginning like I did when I first started. Everyone's feet are off in the dvd which is kind of annoying but I guess it's ok.

Zeta, I think I tried this machine you are talking about. Can you adjust your stride with it depending on how hard you swing your legs? If we are talking about the same one, that thing is so cool! I got such a good workout in a very short period of time. :dizzy: Did you sign up for a class yet?

ZetaMD2Be
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey Everyone,

I completed the 4 mile Super Challenge today. I haven't done it in awhile and I could really tell. I was tired by the middle of the 2nd mile! I've been keeping up with my gym this week as well. I put in 2.10 miles (20 min) on the elliptical tonight before lifting weights (leg night!).

Liane -- I haven't had the chance to catch a class with my school schedule yet, but I'm going to try to see if I can get into yoga tomorrow night.

Hope everyone had a productive day!