40-Somethings - birthday #47

View Full Version : birthday #47

fatmad
11-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Well, today is my 47th birthday. I weighed in at 184.5 lbs (my highest was 187) and I am not officially dieting yet.
I am trying to work thru bingeing and inappropriate eating. For the next while I have no hard times coming that will make me tempted. I did get thru Hallowe'en without a candy binge. I did have a piece of cake for my birthday, but just the one piece! We were in a restaurant, so I didn't have the rest of the cake to worry about when everyone left.
So my short term goal for the next 6 weeks, is to avoid bingeing and bad snacks, to only have dessert twice a week, to keep up or increase my exercise.
I am not sure about a weight loss goal. I think I would like to break the 180 barrier, and be below 180 for the first time in a couple of years.
:carrot:
ok here we go>>>>>>
fatmad

kelly315
11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
:bday2you:

Hattie22
11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
:bday2:

Happy belated bday!!! Good going on the Halloween discipline!!! It feels good..right?

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

fatmad
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
thanks for the b-day greetings.
Actually, hallowe'en was easy. Since we moved to the country, we don't get trick or treaters, so don't buy candy. This year, we were not at home, as my oldest daughter convocated on hallowe'en day. Then we went out for a nice supper and some drinks.
I guess you could call the drinks cheating, but I didn't get loaded or even overeat.
Will have to do that in the future, to avoid the temptation. The Christmas holidays and parties are always hard, will be looking for hints to avoid bingeing then!
fatmad

marytk
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi! I just joined too. I'm trying to get to the getting started stage. It's the hardest for me.

Good luck! I know the holidays can be rough!