Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  

Default new here,, 26 weeks pregnant and over 300lbs

I am new to this website,, i am 31 years old and having my 2nd child, due on february 6th....making me 26wks pregnant!!

I am way over 300 pounds and have found it really hard to incorperate excercise into my plan,,,, i feel so tired and just dont have the energy.

On a plus side, i havent gained ANY weight and have managed to keep off 1.5 pounds since finding out about the pregnancy on June 1st...mainly because i am eating more healthy food and eliminating junk....doctors say my baby is peferfectly fine and its okay for me to lose some during the pregnacy because of my size.

anyone else out there, struggling through a pregnancy and being severely overweight?
Jayme31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, I can't help you with the pregnancy factor, but I have experience losing weight with out exercise. I also can never find the energy to do it. However, when you're up near 300 pounds ( I was nearly 290), the weight will come off at first even without the exercise, as long as your calories are cut. A lot of people start just by food reduction, and work to exercise as the physical burden of the weight lessens.

I think that while you're pregnant, the best thing for you would be to simply work on eating as nutritiously as possible.

Good luck!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.5/249.5/110

Height: 5'2"

I was over 30 when I got pregnant the first time. I was about 250 lbs. Four months into the pregnancy, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

Like you, I felt tired all the time. But I had to get my bloodsugar regulated. I decided to make cleaning the house my exercise. The house was spotless, I got my sugar under control, and the baby was healthy.

My biggest problem was finding a doctor who did not discount me because of my weight. I found someone who cared and taught me what I needed to do to have a healthy baby.

It sounds like you're on the right track. When you lack motivation to exercise, just remind yourself that while your pregnant, you're doing it for the baby. That's was inpired me.

Good luck.
Stick Me With A Fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #4  
Losing to conceive

S/C/G: 363/343/160

Height: 5'5"

i have to agree with the other poster u have to keep in mind everything u do is for the health and safety of ur baby and urself. best of luck and congrats
fromthick2thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #5  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Hi and welcome.

I am also 31 and having my 4th child. The last two are only going to be a year apart. I am pushing 250 lbs now since I lost none of the baby weight from the last one before getting pregnant again. I am tired all the time too. I keep waiting for this burst of energy to kick in, but nothing yet.

Just hang in there and try to concentrate on that amazing baby you have growing inside of you. You will have plenty of time to concentrate more on "weight loss" once that baby is here.

Good luck - and are you sure your due date is not wrong if your already 26 weeks? I am due 3 days after you Feb 9th and am only 22wks - if you were 26 weeks your due date looks like it would be due closer to the week of Jan 12th??
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #6  

I'm 27 weeks w/a due date of Jan. 8th. (just fyi)
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I lost 20 pounds + without exercise. Exercise is important to overall health and emotional stability in my book but you can definitely accomplish weightloss without exercise. You have a bundle of love coming soon that will even take up more time. Still, you CAN do this! Set yourself up for success. Don't think about having to lose XXX amount of weight. Just think of your goal as one more pound down--at least, thats how I did it.

I look forward to reading about your journey.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #8  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

The original poster's dates seem a little odd because the original post was from almost a year ago.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Jayme31 had a baby girl on Jan 29, 2009, 7 lbs 4 oz. Looks like she forgot to tell us. That must be the baby in her avatar.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

I see - I didn't even pay attention to the original post date. Just seen this in the "new posts" and replied. Thanks!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #11  

Yep! Me too!!

I don't ever think about threads that old getting bumped to the top--I think we get a message now telling us it's a really old thread?

Anyway, would love an update on the baby and from Jaymie31 if she's still around.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote