Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 11:47 AM   #1  

Default Alternative Group {April 22,2002}

Alternative Group (April 22, 2002)
We are a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us.

To see the older thread
-------->Click Here<-------
Old 04-22-2002, 12:05 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone
I had to put in the clickable because lately my memory hasnt been so great
Thanks for listening to me blubber about Tina just her fate kinda made me feel like an killer I guess but I have a clearer head and wrist that is healing good and I see their point..
Flower : with my luck she will come back as a huge bee and sting me over and over in vengence.
Punkin : I hope you get better soon.. I know how sucky it feels to be sick.. I been on antibotics so much these past few weeks that they are making me feel sick now..I am almost done my last prescription..
Wildfire: Way to go on Hubbys new hobby .. Hope he makes you that million!! Apartment living has its ups and downs even duplex living..
Well I am going to cut this post short I am really not up to par today.. I did make it to my appiontment today for my cholesterol check but I been up most the night with a dang toothache so I took a vicodin.. Vicodin makes me sick as **** but it was the only thing strong enough for the pain I am in..Going to lay down a bit then come back later
Take Care
Sheila
Old 04-22-2002, 11:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Flower ~ I would say yes I am in overdrive... burning the candles at both ends and in the middle.. But I graduate in ONE year. And I couldn't be happier.

As of right now I have A's in Two of my theory classes and both of my clinicals... my Third Theory class I would have to make a 94 or 95 on the final to confirm an A in the class. That COMPLETELY SUCKS but it is better than those in the class who have to make an A on the final to just pass the class and there are more than one of those that I know of! At least three of my closer classmates.

Well, I am tired and have my last clinicals with the kids tomorrow so I have to get some rest.

Hugs,
Amy
Old 04-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #4  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello ladies!

Amyjo - Congrats on those A's!!

Sheila - I hope the tooth feels better... I am feeling a bit better every day - even the voice is starting to come back. Thanks...

Well, looks like I might be able to bring the kitty home tomarrow!!!!!! I spoke with my friend that has the momma cat and she said all the babies have been weaned, are now using a litter box and are fat n' sassy and ready to go.

I am going to name her Maia (my-uh) - after a Scandanavian earth goddess. Not only will she be a good fit for my Luna and Stella (moon & star), but a little nod to the ancestors I recently found (through genealogy) that came from Norway and Sweeden...

Maia's coming home

Terri
Old 04-24-2002, 12:22 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

This has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss or being alternative, but I smiled and I think sometimes, a smile is worth a lot more than anthing else. Read this aloud or it won't make any sence.

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
> > It came with my pea sea,
> > It plainly marques four my revue
> > Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
> >
> > Eye strike a key and type a word,
> > And weight four it two say,
> > Weather eye am wrong oar write,
> > It shows me strait a weigh.
> >
> > As soon as a mist ache is maid,
> > It nose bee fore two long,
> > And eye can put the error rite,
> > Its rare lea ever wrong.
> >
> > Eye have run this poem threw it,
> > I am shore your pleased two no,
> > Its letter perfect awl the weigh,
> > My chequer tolled me sew.
> >
> > Contributed by Michelle Holly, Highland Park, IL
Old 04-24-2002, 01:59 PM   #6  

Default Hi Everybody !!!!

I am leased to announce I am the Mom of TWIN BOYS!!!!!! (twin Siamese cats that is, I am not that crazy) I brought the two home this morning . Right now they are hiding but they will get the drift of the house soon enough.. I got them free out of the paper at first I was kinda worried about the siamese breed till I got to meet the two of them.. "Bingo" is the cuddly one he came right up to me and didnt leave me alone for 15 minutes rubbing up and purring ."Tyson" is the shy one he wasnt to sure he wanted to be near me until he came over and check to see if I was good enough to be touched by him..Then he wouldnt leave me alone.. They both love Timmy and they even like DH !!The owner had to find them good homes because she isnt home enough to tend to them..
So I went out and went shopping had to buy the litter box and food and dishes and water(well I didnt need to buy the cats water but I needed the liter bottles for their water feeder..Of course I had to get them a few toys as well and treats and cat brush (they are shedding..You should see my car!!! luckily it was DH car and little does he know one of them was a bit scared and marked the carseat..He will find out later when he goes to work LOL)
When I heard the name Tyson the first thing I thought is he is a fighter..( A manic depressive cat that bite off ears..) He was named after the food company cause he acts all charming when they cook Tyson chicken patties ( his favorite treat).. Anyway once they get the jest of the house and are comfortable I will take their pic so you can see them..
Flower I liked that poem.. Yes I had to read it out loud to get it but I thik AI am gonna print it b/c I am a good one for errors..
Punkin My tooth well now no tooth feels GREAT!!!! Of course I cant eat anything to hard for a few day so it can heal but I can live with that!!
AmyJo ..Big Congrats on those As!!! you will ace that other class just dont worry bout it
OH so you all know I found out that the Siamese I met with Sat (tina) had tumors in her belly so It is a good thing she will be put to sleep, she is in pain, so it wasnt me at all..The shelter didnt know because they didnt have a chance to give her a full phyiscal they did all the blood work for Cat Aids and Lukemia and rabies but they couldnt give her a full phyiscal till Monday..
Well all I have to go try to coax my new 3 year old fur babies out so I can show them where the food is and box is..
Take Care I will post more later
Sheila
Old 04-25-2002, 10:21 AM   #7  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all...

Well, Maia came home last night. She's an angel and my other 2 girls have sprouted horns and have become little demons... I guess they'll all adjust, but it was the 2 "adult" cats that kept me up all night hissing and growling at a sleeping kitten.

On the other side of things... my family's 15 year old Red Tick coon hound is going to be put down on Monday. The vet's going to come to our house and administer the shot and Dusty'll be buried in our little pet cemetary on our property.
Yesterday I was a wreck, but today I've come to terms with it (the best that I can anyway) and I know that it's best for her since she's been pretty bad off for a few months now. She's got an inoperable spinal bone spur that's slowly cutting off the nerves to her hind quarters - she's in a lot of pain, not eating, etc. and it's time for her to move on and leave her old body behind. Monday's going to be a *****...

My eating is better than bad, not quite as good as great... I'm hanging in there and considering the stress of a new baby to raise and loosing an old friend I think that's the best I can expect of myself right now.

Till later,
Terri
Old 04-25-2002, 10:42 AM   #8  

Punkin
Sorry about the upcoming loss of Dusty.. My heart goes out to you..
As for Maia bet she is a cutey.. I finally got one of the two to come out yesterday.. Bingo is very lovable and sweet yet Tyson still growls and hisses at me like I stole his mouse.. He will come to sooner or later.. Right now he is sleeping under the bed but if I was to lay on it he would hiss at me and growl like I was disturbing the masters rest..I know they are a bit confused being taken out of the home they know and into this one.. So I am patient.. My kids on the other hand dont like Tyson since they claim he is mean.. He has gone in to my DS room and sat there at the door and hissing and growling at anyone that dares enter..So My son slept in my room last night the cat wouldnt let him go to bed..
I do have a pic of Bingo.. which I am going to post but Tyson hasnt been out long enuf to take a pic of
Take Care
Sheila
I DID IT BINGO IS IN AS MY AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They wont let me post it since I posted it elsewhere in another thread so I will see if I can use it as an avaitar

Last edited by sheila061968; 04-25-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:20 PM   #9  

Well ~ It must just be that time of year... our family has expanded by at least 2 more... my DD's Gerbils had babies sometime today. I have seen two, I just hope they don't decide to eat them. We thought that one of them was sterile since we have had them since the middle of last summer and they haven't reproduced yet.

Well, got to study for finals...

Amy
Old 04-26-2002, 04:11 PM   #10  
Hot Stuff

*crickets chirping*

Helllloooo???? Where is everyone?

Doing good this week, but no loss on the scale yet. I have not had one drop of diet coke since last Saturday! ( I was drinking the diet caffeine free stuff.) I've been drinking water instead. I actually have a couple of 2 litre bottles of diet coke but they aren't even in the fridge.

Going for bloodwork next week and cholesterol is one of the tests they're doing. I've never had it checked, and I'm almost afraid of what the results might be!

Congrats on the new kitties, Sheila and Punkin!

Guess that's all for now....
Old 04-26-2002, 04:16 PM   #11  

AmyJo
Congrats on the new Gerbil babies!!! I remember back in 1988 I had what I was told to be a male teddy bear hamster..On Valentines day that same year my so called male had 8 little pink eraser looking things next to it..After screaming ,(thought it lost its insides) my husband came and looked in the cage and started laughing at me.. He said those arent inners those are baby hamsters!!! The so called Male ended up eating 3 of them which make me sick even now thinking about I did find homes for all of them but I still think back of how stupid looking I must have been screaming like an idiot over something like that
Take Care Sheila
Old 04-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #12  

Hey guys!!!!!!! I have been OP for 2 days... Sounds like not much of an accomplishment but seeing that I haven't been walking a very straight path of late, it is doing good. I have worked out 3 nights this week and I am tolerating it better. My scales were starting to edge their way up and my pants were getting uncomfortable so I had to do something!

Has anyone heard from Ruthie? I know she has had a lot on her plate, I hope that she is doing alright.

Everyone else, come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to study,

Amy
Old 04-27-2002, 11:34 AM   #13  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am here, sort of....

I haven't been online much lately. I peak at my email, make sure no one needs anything, glance at our thread and then log off. Not much of a cyber nut this week.

I am busy with work, family and housekeeping. Twice I went out with friends this past week. Amazing for me. Usually it is once a month. Chris starts his new job today. I had to make sure I packed 3 lunches for the children, diapers, baby gear, lunch $ for Chris, cold lunch for me...then I had to do towels, a black load of laundry or I will be naked for the next few days at work. Monday evening I do dinner with my dad, his bride to be, my sis and her family. My unsis is moving back in with hubby. 4th time this year. Long story. Anyways, he went to go get her so I am to watch and make sure their teenage sons don't have a houseparty... lot is going on. I work 11:30-8:30. I have wed and thurs off. My bathtub spicot broke as did the washer in the cold handle. It is still dripping but at least my water bill should be more affordable. I have to take the whole thing apart to fix, replace the walls, too much water damage and dry rot. UGH!!!

Well, I am doing ok food wise. A little too much fast food. But I will try harder this week. No binges. I stop eatting when full, even if the fries are still tasty! No cake or cookies at work. They have been offered but I turn them down.

Well, congrats to all the new moms out there. I am envious! But I do not need a new addition to this already frantic home! ~flower
Old 04-28-2002, 08:09 AM   #14  
deleted2

Hi! Remember me? Things have been busy at work so I haven't been on the net much lately.
Still trying to find the good groove I was in a couple of weeks ago---Haven't had a good 'sincere' workout in a few days either!
Wow, so many new animals!

Punkin, I'm sorry to hear you'll be losing your old friend. It hurts, but it's better to have loved and lost--always!

Old 04-29-2002, 11:13 AM   #15  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know Dusty's still with us. She decided Friday that life was still pretty good - with her bright, shiney eyes, wagging tail and interest in going for a short walk then ride, my family decided she must not be ready to give up yet - and we're not going to give up on her until she's ready to go.
You know when it's time, and right now is not the time for her to go... It will still be by next winter for sure - she's an old girl and not doing great, but she's happy - so we're just going to continue to spoil her rotten until then...

Yes, Eydie - I couldn't agree with you more - it's always better to have had them then loose them then never to know their unconditional love at all.

Gotta run!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 04-29-2002 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread