South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default Hello

Hi! Just wanted to give a quick intro. I have tried to start the SBD several times in the past few months but have always failed. I am planning on starting again tomorrow. I really think I have the motivation to do this now.

I have three young boys that I want to be able to run around and play with. I also want to be healthy to live a long life with them.

Since getting pg for the first time 4 years ago, I have steadily put on weight. Now after baby #3, I have about 75 lbs to lose.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone.

Last edited by mythreesons; 11-02-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #2  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC & the SBD boards. This is a great place for information, advice, encouragement, and a good kick in the rear when you need it. Be sure to get your dairy and beans in for the first two weeks. And if you have any sort of questions, feel free to ask. We've got lots of veterans who've been around for a while and really know their stuff.
Good luck on your journey!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #3  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool Welcome

Welcome to the boards mythreesons!

This is a great place. You should check out the receipe sections to keep your menus exciting.... I think bordoem is death for SBD.

Have a great first week!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, mythreesons! We're happy to have you joining us, and look forward to getting to know you. I hope you've read the book first, and be sure to check out our FAQ and recipes section, too.
Good luck, and please post often to let us know how you are doing!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone!

I have read the book thoroughly and I am pretty sure I know what I am doing. I look forward to reading through the recipes and coming up with new food ideas. DH is a great guinea pig when I make new recipes.

I look forward to chating more and share successes!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello! Congratulations on all those kids. I have a young son as well, and i managed to gain 80 pounds with just one pregnancy! south beach helped me lose the last 40 pounds of my baby weight, and now i'm working on the pounds i was packing before the baby. stick with it, and you'll do great
Old 11-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome....You can do it! This life change rocks!!!! You will see big differences right away!

Good luck!!!!

Last edited by movielover; 11-03-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

MyThreeSons!

Why do you feel you didn't make it in starting SBD in the past? I think answering that will help you make changes that will make starting it successful this time. One thing that helps a lot is doing it at a time that is quiet in your life. It doesn't work well to start Phase 1 the week you have a family reunion, a big birthday party, or an event like Thanksgiving. Nor does it work well if you start during a time of major stress or busy-ness, like during a partner's surgery or the week taxes are due if you're an accountant. You know? Another thing that helps in planning. Sitting down and asking yourself, "What might trip me up or making it hard to stick to plan?" and then figuring out what you can do to keep those things from tripping you up. Getting all the non-plan food out of your house helps immensely, as does filling your house up with on plan food. One of the top reasons people fall off plan, especially in Phase 1, is because they don't have what they need to eat on plan. Things like finding that the meat you intended to use for dinner is rancid (it's happened to me twice...and both times I'd just purchased it the day before!) or that you didn't have time to pick up something you need to make the meal can send you in a downward spiral if you don't have a back-up.

So do whatever you need to do to make this work, hon, and know we'll be here to support you all the way!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #9  

Thanks beachgal for all of the insight.

I did the plan for a week and then we had a birthday party for DS. I thought, hey, I can cheat this once. That was the end of that round. After that, I never made it past the first day. I guess I wasn't properly motivated. I figure now is a good timed to start, i have 3 + weeks to get it under my belt before Thanksgiving.

Last night, I made a list of dinner meals for the next two weeks. I went shopping and bought most of the necessary ingredients. I have also made a week's worth of breakfast, lunch, and snack ideas.

I have also been reading recipes to get new ideas to keep me out of the diet rut.

I think I have myself sufficiently planned. Now, as long as my willpower sticks, I should do well.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! You picked a great place for support
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Quote:
Why do you feel you didn't make it in starting SBD in the past? I think answering that will help you make changes that will make starting it successful this time. One thing that helps a lot is doing it at a time that is quiet in your life. It doesn't work well to start Phase 1 the week you have a family reunion, a big birthday party, or an event like Thanksgiving. Nor does it work well if you start during a time of major stress or busy-ness, like during a partner's surgery or the week taxes are due if you're an accountant. You know? Another thing that helps in planning. Sitting down and asking yourself, "What might trip me up or making it hard to stick to plan?" and then figuring out what you can do to keep those things from tripping you up. Getting all the non-plan food out of your house helps immensely, as does filling your house up with on plan food. One of the top reasons people fall off plan, especially in Phase 1, is because they don't have what they need to eat on plan. Things like finding that the meat you intended to use for dinner is rancid (it's happened to me twice...and both times I'd just purchased it the day before!) or that you didn't have time to pick up something you need to make the meal can send you in a downward spiral if you don't have a back-up.

So do whatever you need to do to make this work, hon, and know we'll be here to support you all the way!
I second all of this- great things to think about Laurie~!!

Welcome!!!! Were all here to help and get help
Closed Thread