Alternachicks - November chizzity-chat

View Full Version : November chizzity-chat

ollie27
11-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Yo.

since i am in the thread adding mode here's a little spot for our nov. chat (november!). hope all ye alternachicks that we haven't heard from in awhile are still alive and well.

so it's november. dang. what happened? next thing you know the end of the semester will be here and i'll have to hole myself up in a dungeon like Rumpelstiltskin and spin 3 seminar papers out of dung. aye aye aye.

and today we officially say goodbye to daylight savings time:(. i'm not much of a fan of it getting dark at 4:00 p.m. but it's here. and so is election week. good times and great oldies, eh?

hope everyone's november will be everything they need it to be and more.

:cheers: cheers!

Robot
11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Good gravy, I can't believe it's already November. I can't wait for this craptacular year to end!

jandaman
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
ditto robot, ditto....

going2Bhealthy
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey chicas,

I've been out of touch and out of the dieting loop for a while, a lot of things have changed and I've moved out and into my own place, but haven't moved the scales yet so have no idea what I weigh:?: but it's kind of liberating in a really bad, I'm going to eat crap cos I can't see what it's doing to the scales way.

When I came back form holiday I was really ill and couldn't eat much and keep it down so I lost a bit of weight, but inevitably put it back on and since my circumstances have changed I can't afford the gym anymore... but I am walking to and (mostly) from work which involves a couple of decent hills so I'm hoepful that will up my fitness level at least.

I didn't do anything particularly special for Samhain, but I haven't done anything particularly special for me recently so that figures.

I hope all you alternachicks are doing well, and I'm glad to be back, it feels a little bit like coming home :)

ollie27
11-05-2008, 07:36 PM
welcome back, going2b. sorry to hear about your recent illness and general life shake up. hope everything turns out for the better. some how it usually does...

so yeah. year's almost at an end and it sounds like we all are looking forward to some change:)

mauvaisroux
11-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Welcome back going2behealthy! Hope things get better for you soon! :hug:

Ollie- I can't believe its November either - the month went by so quickly.

I have been away from the forums for awhile too. I've been really busy with work and two dogs DH and I just adopted. They are cute but a lot of work.

Hope everthing is well with all of you! :)

going2Bhealthy
11-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the kinds words :)

I'm looking forward to a new year... this one has been somewhat better than the last, but still been crappy. I'm most definitely looking forward to some change, but am trying to get a good hold on the crafty thing and steer it in my chosen direction. I can't wait for the new year to take a stand and take back control of my life! I've just been floating around for so long, letting everything flow over me but everyone seems to have some kind of a plan or has something they're working towards and I've got to stop letting it get me down and figure out what I'm doing with my life.... time is too precious to waste :)

jandaman
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
hey going2b-i sympathize w/ur crappy year..but ur right-time is too precious too waste. also struggled w/illness on top of school and work etc. in 2008 (musta been worst year ever!) but hey! now that we know we can i feel empowered..anything is possible in 2009!!!! here's to all us hot chicas making 2009 mine! (well, should read "ours" but it doesn't rhyme :) )

owlmonkey
11-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I've been having a terrible time staying on-track with all the stress that's happened lately. I've so far not gained, but it's really hard to stay motivated. I'm really wanting comfort food and chocolate all the time. Trying to recommit, but it's difficult. Can't wait for the rough patch to pass...

Robot
11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
You can do it, owlmonkey. I know times are tough, but we're here to support you on your journey to become healthy.

Elwing
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone!

I took my first aquarobics class today. It was so awesome! Completely silly but that's what made it fun. And I didn't have much trouble with the exercises (thanks to Jillian Michaels with her 30 day shred). I just hope I'll lose some more somewhere near. I have been at the same weight for more than 2 weeks now. But I try to tell myself that it fluctuates more and more down (now I hope that it's true too).

I'd also like to mention that reading through this forum has made me aware of the possibility of getting a tattoo for myself. I have of course long known about their existence but it was never like "Hey! This is something I can do!". Of course I don't have any clear ideas yet but it is a fun possibility to contemplate. I have, though, decided that I will get my first "piercing" as soon as I am at my goal weight. I say "piercing" because I am probably the only girl at this planet without holes in her ears. I'd like to be able to wear earrings. It feels like a fitting treat for myself.

owlmonkey: look at it from the bright side. At least you have not gained, so there is nothing you have to work back off. There is nothing wrong with a stasis every once in a while. I imagine you have something else on your mind save for dieting now; and there is nothing wrong with that! Just try not to let it get too overboard, and get back on plan as soon as you are able to.

ollie27
11-06-2008, 08:08 PM
hey chicas!

here here on the comfort foods lately. and yep, mine is chocolate as well. ummm, why oh why are carrots not comforting?!? i ate a whole pint of soy delicious chocolate obsession ice cream last night which was a lot of friggin cals, so many that i am not going to type them cause i am still in denial.

i'm usually not one to get extreme winter blues, but i can def see a change since it's been dark at 4:30 this week.

going2be - do you have a general idea about future goals/dreams. **** i'm almost thirty and am still unsure what to do with my life. i know i'm headed in some sort of direction, but don't know if it's right or if it'll change. yes, time is precious but don't feel like there is a timeline that tells you you need to have certain things accomplished by a certain age. just work on you, your life, and try to do it without pressure. for what it's worth.

owlmonkey - i second what elwing said. you haven't gained and you are still here. sometimes you just need a moment to gather your chi.

ollie27
11-14-2008, 07:52 AM
hey chicas! so not a lot of us are feeling chatty this month? cool. i can relate. but do bare with me while i quickly get something off my chest.

my husband.

we've been in the boston area since mid-june and since being here i have lost right around twenty pounds. this is largely from going from vegetarian to vegan, busting my arse to do workout videos, and my new pedestrian lifestyle along with a hilly campus. my husband, however, as lost close to 45 pounds in the same amount of time by merely being a bystander. he does nothing. nothing. he drives to work. comes home. eats my food that i cook. he doesn't even lose calories by doing any cleaning. he doesn't do work out videos. sure he eats vegan here, but when he's out and about he's all about some cheese. nothing. 45 pounds. no dishes. no burning calories sweeping the floor. no bending over to change the litterbox. just working. coming home. eating something i have prepared and being.

so i know the whole things been said before. men lose weight easier than women. but, man, i thought some effort went into it. a smidgen. he just is and its gone. poof.

:mad: :?: :(

Elwing
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
That's so unfair! :(. Maybe it is a little comfort that it changes when they get older. And then we strike back, because we know all diet-tactics by then but they are ignorant beginners at this game!

ollie27
11-14-2008, 10:48 AM
yep. pretty unfair. you should see him prancing around in his skinny jeans! really.

owlmonkey
11-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I think you shouldn't be allowed to prance about in skinny jeans unless you've earned 'em!

Robot
11-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Argh men and weight loss. I remember years ago, my dad, mom and I went on a weight loss plan. He lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. He didn't work out and he cheated! My mom and I on the other hand, followed the diet and worked out. Our result? I gained 2 pounds and my mom stayed the same.

ghost
11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
how did I not see this thread before? I can't believe November is pretty much half way over...

Its fricken cold here. the faster these winter months sail by the better I guess.

Gypsy Severina
11-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Same thing with my dad. In the time it took me to lose 20 lbs, he lost 50 and rubbed it in my face. But while I haven't gained that weight back, he has plus another 15-20 lbs. I probably shouldn't be happy about that, since he's even more obese than I am, but he's losing it. Again. Faster than me.

ghost
11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
and he'll probably lap you too!
This is the deal, guys lose more weight because they have more muscle which burns more calories. Wanna lose weight like a guy? Build muscle! strength training ain't just for the guys anymore.

Robot
11-15-2008, 04:17 AM
Argh, I need to vent a little bit. OK, so there is a friend of mine who I've had a crush on for the longest time. Him and I would flirt, kiss and whatnot, but I lack the confidence to ask him out. That and I don't know how he truly feels about me. Well, recently, we haven't been hanging out as usual, which is no big deal since he works a lot. I just found out that he may be dating someone. Am I jealous? Sure, but what really peeved me was someone describing this woman he is dating to me. They said, "Oh, she's just like you, Theresa (me), but she's thin." :mad: That destroyed me a little bit. I mean, lately I've been working hard losing weight and then someone says something stupid like that and it burns. And then I thought about it, if my friend is dating a thin version of me, does this mean he didn't want to ask me out because of my weight? Ugg, I don't know. My friend is sweet, smart and overall a really great guy; I don't want to think that he wouldn't date a person because of their weight.

ollie27
11-15-2008, 10:30 AM
robot- i'm sorry. that's a crappy feeling-to have a crush on someone and find out they may be involved with another. i wouldn't think too much about it until you talk to him. to me, it sounds like you should be peeved that someone would say "she's just like you but thin". man, f that person. the dude you like is innocent until proven otherwise. what you know about his situation is from a third party, and a crappy schmappy third party at that.

Elwing
11-15-2008, 11:00 AM
What a nasty comment :(. I'd be angry about that too! It belongs in a line of nasty comments that should never be made:

-"She's just like you, only she's pretty
-"She's just like you, only she is nice"

Well, you get the picture. Especially if that person knew about you losing weight it's really insensitive and if you send them to me I'll smack them for you :).

And your friend kissed you; I do not think your weight is an issue to him. Especially when you know people longer they just don't see stuff like that any more. You sound like a great person, just ask him on a date if you would like it to become something more than the occasional contact.

(Not that I really am allowed to say something about that; there are 2 guys I kind of like but I don't dare ask any of them on a date. One of them has had dinner with me some weeks ago but nothing happened... I guess I should just tell him I like him, but I don't even dare say it aloud when I'm alone!)

Robot
11-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks ladies. I won't be able to talk to my friend until next weekend, so I'll actually get to talk to him about it then. I cooled off and realized that he's still innocent, so we'll see how it goes. I also thought about it, I mean if he does have a girlfriend, then I should be happy for him. I would always tell him to do things to make himself happy, so I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't want him in a relationship with a person that made him smile.

jandaman
11-16-2008, 12:59 PM
i agree w/ladies..innocent until proven guilty! so-called frenz delivering catty hearsay should be second-guessed, though. good luck robot!
worst insult a crush ever delivered to me- "Wow! after hooking up w/you i noticed a whole new segment of women out there---FLESHY ones" i guess before big ole me, only skinny lil things actually even registered. sheesh.ick.

Gypsy Severina
11-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Ah, dating, wish I was doing it, lol. I would highly recommend not putting out a personal ad on craig's list. I got some of the weirdest emails ever! The decision has been made that I'm just not ready to date right now. Too much going on, too many dead languages to learn, lol.

robot- I agree with everyone, don't count anything as truth until he says it is.

Robot
11-17-2008, 12:13 AM
A friend of mine put an ad on Craigslist. She got into a relationship with a total douche bag who lied from the beginning. The relationship didn't last. She then posted another ad and her friend's boyfriend responded! Her friend and the boyfriend broke up after she found out that wasn't the first time he did that. Moral of the story, Craigslist is not so great when it comes to relationships.

owlmonkey
11-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I found my partner on yahoo personals. I forked over a one month membership 9all I could afford) and spent a lot of time searching & emailing guys I thought were interesting. I think it was about a week before the end of my month (and three weeks of weeding & first but not second dates) I found my "Mr. Wonderful."
Though I'd love to have some great story about meeting at the opera or the local poetry slam competition, I can't fault that I found him and praise Yahoo for their service.
I'd never thought of craigslist-and I'm glad I didn't!

Robot
11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Argh, ok so my friend is indeed dating the "thin" version of me. Sigh, oh well. He's happy and apparently he makes her happy. I can't complain too much. But still, uggg....

jandaman
11-19-2008, 05:15 AM
oh robot. i empathize...and feel free to complain cuz sheesh and super arrgh! that does blow..

Robot
11-19-2008, 09:57 AM
I suppose that's life. I let all my frustration out in my workout, so I was really kicking butt.

ollie27
11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
robot- does that mean you asked him and that's what he said? if so, what a loser.

how's everyone holding up as the year sloooowly comes to a close? days are shorter, nights are long and the moon is waning.

:bubbles:

Robot
11-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Ollie - yeah I talked to him via myspace. He didn't say anything about dating the "thin" me, but he said she and I were similar. He's still my friend though. It almost makes me want to workout 50 times harder so he can see me and regret that he didn't date me. :) OK that would be mean.

Elwing
11-20-2008, 05:07 AM
But it would be decent motivation! :).

I find restricting myself harder with the season. The only thing I want to do is crawl away close to the hearth (central heating is a poor substitute) and eat lots and lots of comfort food. Instead I am putting on my running clothes and will go out in the cold in a few moments. Do not want! I guess summer would be hard too, with all those terrace and cocktail moments. I just feel like I am programmed to eat as if for a hibernation at this time of the year.

going2Bhealthy
11-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Robot, that really does suck about your friend, but as Elwing said, will probably be great motivation. When my (old) bf moved to uni and found someone else I ended up busting my butt and lost loads of weight.. until I found someone else and just let everything go again. Oops! Good for you for turning your frustration into a positive thing, try not to let it get you down too much, remember you're doing this for you :)

The winter is making it harder for me, I'm so tired all the time! I work silly hours so I don't really notice the difference in the days, but my body seems to be feeling it. I hopped on the scale this morning for a peek and I'm heading in the right direction again :D Also, it's payday today!!! So I'm off to the bank to pay off my credit card and once that is cleared I'm stocking my fridge full of turkey mince, salmon and vegetables!!! :carrot:

jandaman
11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
thas right robot! get angry and get smokin' hot!
hey going2-glad things r on the up and up for ya.
i second and third what has been said about instinctively wanting to curl up under the comforter and drink hot cocoa all day. mebbe a john hughes marathon or tad williams series for entertainment.

ollie27
11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
robot - if he didn't say it was the thin you then try not to think of it like that. just...doesn't seem healthy. but, yes, motivation anywhere you can get it.

especially these days...

what's hard for me is getting up in the morning. jeez. i just want to stay under the covers. plus, this will be my first real winter and so that's hanging ominously over my head. still not sure what to expect, but it's looming. also, will be my first thanksgiving without the family. with all the papers i have due, i'm sure i'll barely notice its even thanksgiving, but still...feeling a tad bit homesick these days.

i'm tired all the time too, Maria, know what helps? a B-vitamin complex taken daily. i'm not sure where i'd be without it. probably in a coma.

i spent the entire morning in my ocotgenerian German neighbors' house watching Maury Povich as opposed to the Shred video. i was taking out the garbage and locked myself out in 20 degree weather, in my pajamas. niiiice. luckily, after ringing several doorbells, this kind couple let me in while i made a round of calls for help. i teach at one today so when i get back home it's friggin time to exercise.

jan! - how's the back, mon ami?

Robot
11-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Ollie - I'm so glad people were nice to let you stay inside their warm home.

Maria - I'm happy the scale is being good to you. Ollie is right, B vitamins are amazing.

So, I woke up late, and had to put off working out until later today.

mauvaisroux
11-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Ollie - that was nice of your neighbours to let you hang out and watch Maury. :)

I am feeling the effects of SAD today plus PMS - just ducky! :p

I have finally started to tackle the giant stack of books I have to read this winter - one book at a time! I am so bad for starting a book and putting it down and then picking something else up - I usually have 3 books on the go and never finish any of them. :lol:

Elwing
11-26-2008, 06:49 AM
I never knew abs could ache after working them out too much. I know it now, and it's not a very nice feeling. At all. I did this fitness class of an hour yesterday night and it was quite hard. It was like... the 30 day shred, but then every section took 10 minutes. And then to think I was going there to get away from the plank jacks :). I'm definitely going to do it more often though. I will do it until it gets easier. I will get as good at it as all the other girls that go there every week!

owlmonkey
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I haven't been able to exercise this week-nasty neck has been causing pain (and a migraine.) Can't wait to go to the doc this PM and see what he can do to sort my neck out!

PrettyPaula
11-26-2008, 02:44 PM
hope you feel better soon anjera!

Maria - nice to see a fellow brit here, brighton is awesome so i hear, any good rock venues?

Yay for payday! i have mine on friday and boy do i need it. getting full hair extensions put in, my best friends a hair dresser so the ones that should be £600 are costing me £45. Woopeee!

going2Bhealthy
11-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi Paula, brighton is ok, I guess it depends what you want from a city and if it's music you want, there's plenty of that around, well paid jobs however are not :(

I'm feeling pretty crappy thanks to being ill. BUT I am feeling a little better about life because my healthful food shopping was delivered today so I have a fridge full of yummy veg and lean protein :carrot: AND I booked in for a taster course for teaching next feb - march so I'm pleased with that, I have something to focus on and even if I really don't like it then at least I know I can cross teaching off my list. Although I really like the idea of teaching primary kids and I'd really like to go back to uni. I just don't want to rush blindly into something that's all.

How was thanksgiving for those who celebrate? Hope you all have great weekends xx

PrettyPaula
11-28-2008, 03:21 PM
ive just finished uni and doing my dream job right now, manager of a t-mobile store. i love it, great company, well paid and 100% secure in the current climate.. do you have a t-mobile in brighton? great industry to get into! ;) i love being public facing and i love being the boss lol!

going2Bhealthy
11-29-2008, 05:14 AM
We do have a t-mobile shop here, but I don't know if I'm suited for that really. Meh, I dunno, I'll find my calling eventually. Well, I called in sick to work again today because I've got blisters on the back of my throat :( I hate being ill.

On the brighter side even though I ate chinese and mcD's and several cans of coke and late night chocolate binges this week, getting back on track yesterday made me feel heaps more positive and I weighed in at 200.00 this morning. Heading in the right direction finally!! Have a great weekend everyone :D

Robot
11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
going2Bhealthy - I hope you feel better.

ollie27
12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
just got done with a video. i really had to drag my bloated, non-moving arse out of bed to do this one. i'm in sort of a funk, gang and need some words o'wisdom before it gets any worse. i'm steadily watching the scale creep back up as well. i think i need to avoid it. it said 138.8 this morning.

this is my first semester of grad school and it ain't goin so hot. it's just not what i thought it would be and i'm not the student i thought i would be. i've turned in all my assignments at the last minute and haven't given it my all. well, a prof noticed and sent me an email sunday that basically said "you are performing under the level i expect in a grad student." she didn't sugar coat it or anything. it was pretty harsh. my response? emotional eating. meh. even though i know everything in the book that says that's bad and why that's what i did. :ink:

this november thread should be renamed the kelly komplainer thread. please, if anyone has good news to share, feel free to lighten things up.

Elwing
12-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry that things aren't working out for you :(. I wish I had nice advice to give you but I don't, really. You aren't going to feel any better if you go on like this, though. The only thing you can do is give the past a good shove and start fresh. But you have to be ready to do that.

I haven't been doing very well either, myself. Today I've eaten chocolate, and yesterday I didn't exercise. And I honestly cannot be bothered. I've been hurt this week, more than I've been in a long time. I'll explain the entire story below a line of whine & moan, so that you can skip it if you don't want to read more negative stuff :).

Stuff explained below makes me want to cry and eat, rinse and repeat. And I thought I had put that whole emotional eating thing behind me for the most part. Apparently I was wrong. I really feel for you, Ollie :(. You're in a hard spot and I hope things are going to be better for you soon.

Whine--------Line of Whine & Moan--------------Moan

OK, there was this friend of mine and I have liked him for a few months. There was definitely some chemistry but nothing happened all the time. So this Sunday, I thought: you know what, I'm just going to tell him that I like him. So I sent him an email. Soon he called me back to say that he liked me too and that he'd like to come over to talk about it. This is what we did and well you can guess how it ended up... you probably don't want any more details. This was Sunday night. Monday I was in kind of a glow, I was so happy because I thought it was finally all going to work out for me. Then, Monday evening, he called and said something was wrong and that he had to come over. He told me that he didn't like me as much as he thought he did - yes, as a friend, but not as a lover. He did not feel good about what happened last night. In short, he didn't want to continue. He was incredibly sorry about it too, but what does that help me? I just wish he'd have thought of this, like, 24 hours before he did. I'm devastated. I've been crying all evening and now I'm starting again. I really don't know what to do any more. I just want a normal, nice person who likes me too - is that really so much to ask?

Robot
12-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Ollie - I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. Maybe take a moment and meditate. Tell yourself you don't need food to feel comfort. And if you still feel down, I'm here most of the time. Being unemployed now gives me an insane amount of free time.

Elwing - I'm sorry about what happened with you and your friend. I actually had a similar situation happen a few years ago. My friend told me he wasn't ready for a relationship after we had a fun night, but then turned around and got into a serious relationship with another person. Then every time he'd get out of a relationship, he'd call me and tell me how awesome I was and wanted to "hang out." I would decline, and he'd go off and get into another relationship. It was a vicious cycle. I knew when he didn't have a girlfriend because he would start taking interest in me again. I couldn't take it, so I stopped talking to him. OK, so it wasn't similar to your situation, but I know how you feel. I hope everything turns out for the better.

ollie27
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
thanks elwing and robot. i do feel a tad bit better today. maybe cause i actually exercised and did okay with food? funny how that works. still don't feel the greatest about school but i have two papers to write before the end of the semester and all i can do is do my best, right?

elwing - can't say that i haven't been there. was this guy a really good friend or an acquaintance?

Elwing
12-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes - if you do your best and it doesn't work out, well, there's nothing else you can do, right?

Thanks for your reactions ^^. I hope he doesn't turn around to be that kind of jerk, Robot. We called again today and he is really very sorry about what happened, he just couldn't stop apologizing. Also, I heard from a mutual friend that he called his mother for 4 hours after talking to me, it was that hard on him. So, it did not turn out for good, but at least I picked a decent guy this time? It just wasn't meant to be. Oh well. I already feel a lot less ****ty, hope it will be back to normal soon. And he was a pretty good friend... we've known each other for years and are also in this sorority-kind of thing where we meet every two weeks or so. That's going to be so much fun next time. Not. Oh well, I'll get over it, I'll just need to, I guess?

jandaman
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
sending superlative supersonic sympathetic salutations thru the ether..........!! never forget you rock and you are loved!!

WormwoodDoll
12-03-2008, 04:15 PM
:sigh: I'm feeling a bit down today. I was cleaning my closest and decided to try a few things on. First of them was my prom dress. It completely slides off my chest and there's much space in the chest/upper body area. It isn't tight around my waist anymore either. But when I moved on to other things I wore on occasion, I felt huge. It makes me think, how could I have worn them when I was 30lbs heavier? I don't know if it's just my psychological mind talking, or if I really do look like this. I just wish things would progress faster. I can tell in my tummy (YOU CAN SEE MY BELLY BUTTON!) is shrinking and my skin is getting flabby, and, best of all, my boobs are getting smaller too. But in my mind, these differences don't mean anything - I still say "you're still overweight". How can I knock this attitude?

In January I am joining a 24-7 gym near me. Since my work schedule is hectic and never the same, I can go in whenever. Plus they have a pool, sauna, and jacuzzi! So after a nice work out, I can relax. It's worth the 70$/per month. But that's almost a month away. I'm anxious and it's killing me.

I wish I were happy with my weight loss every day. I wish I didn't flip-flop between attitudes. I know I'm doing good, but I want to feel like that everyday. -endrant-

ollie27
12-03-2008, 06:37 PM
elwing - well, i bet something good came out of it ;) right? and i'm sure you guys can maintain your friend status. i've been through the same situation. it's doable.

jan - thanks, man.

wormwood - we need a cup of cheer the **** up, huh? i can relate. i flip flop between attitudes, too. especially lately. and the clothes. i have an entire pile of pants waiting to go to vietnam vets that just fall off of me, so there is physical tangible evidence there that i have lost weight, but here lately i don't feel like it. i mean, i don't feel like i look like i've lost 30 pounds. i feel the same. and me gaining a few pounds and basically being the same weight i was at the beginning of the solstice challenge doesn't help. needless to say, i'm in a funk, too. maybe we should do something to unfunk ourselves?

PrettyPaula
12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
dudes! Seriously guys like that arent worth worrying over, take the silver lining at least you got laid right? sorry to be crude, but sometimes you just have to shrug it off and take it for what it was.

as for committing, write it out, write it OUT. put something heavy and screamy on (bleeding through or something) and write out all the reasons why you need to kick some butt right now in all aspects of your life!
i love you guys!

ghost
12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Dudes! Its December! Get out of the November chat thread...its soooo last month. Theres a new thing happening, its called December!