Alternachicks - Alternachicks Solstice/Yule Challenge!

ollie27
11-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey dudes!

So here's the thread for our Winter Solstice Challenge updates and support. I'm thinking we'll keep Saturdays as check in day?

I know for me those last 2 pounds in the Samhain challenge were hard as hades to get rid of, so I gotta step this up. Good luck, chicas.

WormwoodDoll
11-02-2008, 10:28 AM
I'd like to take part in this.

Robot
11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll have to start working out again. Oh the joys of lying on the couch reading a book for a few hours are over.

jandaman
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
i'm in-okay put me down for 5 kilos.

Elwing
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Okay, I haven't really done anything like this before but I think I'd like to take part in this one.

My current weight is 150 lbs / 68 kgs. By winter solstice I'd like to be at most 65 kgs / 143 lbs. This is the goal weight I set for myself when I started dieting. There is a good chance, though, that as soon as I am there I'd like to lose some more. I'll keep you tuned :)

ollie27
11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
:yay: more people for love and support! groovy. i don't know about you all, but i do so much better when i've got a "challenge". it's like the word "challenge" makes a little nugget in the back of my head and goes off everytime i get lazy or want to go off plan.

welcome ewing, robot, jan, and wormwood doll (cool name btw)

nakedmango
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm in! 120 pounds by solstice. I will update my (failed) Samhain challenge ticker with appropriate Winter/Yule imagery. :carrot:

going2Bhealthy
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I love a challenge :) I've no idea what I weigh at the mo, but I'll be aiming for a loss of 10lbs... will have to pick up the scales this week!

PriestessCynder
11-05-2008, 07:02 AM
I am at 217 right now. I think I'll try for 212 this time.

mauvaisroux
11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Count me in! I lost 4 lbs in the last challenge so I think I will put myself down for 5 for the Yule challenge.

I am also going to challenge myself to go to yoga at least once per week.

jandaman
11-06-2008, 11:38 AM
mauvaisroux--i second u on the yoga challenge!

Robot
11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Rock on, mauvaisroux. I used to go do yoga twice a week. I felt so wonderful afterward. I'm with you on doing it at least once per week. I don't have a gym membership anymore, but I suppose I'll have to dig out my old yoga DVDs.

WormwoodDoll
11-06-2008, 07:59 PM
ollie27 ~ Thanks. I think it's starting to stick as my username for everything, hehe! :P

Put me down for 10lbs, so I'll be 217lbs.

ollie27
11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
i actually try to do yoga once a week, but it's not enough! with the weather my joints are frigging screaming lately and i know it would make me feel better, so yes, me too, on adding some more yoga to my life and to this challenge!

Robot
11-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I weighed in and managed to gain 2 pounds. Uggg. I suppose the Halloween candy had finally paid it's price? Oh well, this just means I have to step up.

powersmatti
11-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I want to play too! I guess by Soltice I should be able to lose about 15 lbs right? I just am starting my weight loss this week so the first week I should lose about 7-10 lbs like I always do. I have a LOT of weight to lose. Anyways. That's about 2-3 lbs a week, seems like a plan.

Saturadays are good for me. hey, how do you get those cool little scales at teh bottom of your posts that track your weight loss?

ollie27
11-08-2008, 01:22 PM
i weighed in and am still the same weight, which made me breathe a sigh of relief. my week started out good, but i only exercised an hour this week and added soy ice cream and late night fries to my diet. robot - me and you both have to step it up next week. perhaps it would help if we do a daily check in?

ollie27
11-08-2008, 01:27 PM
hey power :welcome2: and yes, please join us!

as far as a weight tracker goes new members cannot get them. you have to be here for at least 20 days and have so many posts. 50 or 100 i forget. there is a forum for help with the logistics at the top of the community forum page.

powersmatti
11-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh well. I shall await the day I can get one lol.

On another note, I really enjoy this forum, but is it too forward of me to ask if anyone would like a weight loss buddy. I feel like if I had one then I would feel a little more motivated and accountable. This place is just too big and crazy sometimes.

Just a thought though.

So, we check in on Saturdays? Excellent. So far, I have lost nothing. As a matter of fact I devoured an entire large pizza by myself last night. Isn't that gross. Sigh...

I'm going on Alli (I know, I've heard all of the negative things) but its really getting to be a health risk. My doctor thinks I have type 2 diabetes and I'm only 18!

Current dres size: stuffing myself into an 18

I don't have a scale! I will simply have to offer measurements. Is this ok? In that case, my waist measurement is 37 (I am obviously more of a butt and thighs gal, but I'm getting a bad tummy!:(

powersmatti
11-08-2008, 01:42 PM
An interesting and rather depressing revelation. My pant size is increasing with my age! AH!

Robot
11-08-2008, 03:30 PM
i weighed in and am still the same weight, which made me breathe a sigh of relief. my week started out good, but i only exercised an hour this week and added soy ice cream and late night fries to my diet. robot - me and you both have to step it up next week. perhaps it would help if we do a daily check in?

I agree, daily check ins would probably help us. Soy ice cream and fries, such amazing tasting foods.

Welcome, powersmatti. I'm a pizza addict, so I know how you feel. I think it's more the cheese on the pizza I am addicted to, but I'm trying to once again rid dairy from my diet. Anyway, I wish you luck on your weight loss journey. I know it's tough, but we're here on this forum if you need us.

going2Bhealthy
11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I brought my wonderful and yet dreaded scales to my flat today, so my check in (and starting weight) is 201lbs. I originally said I'd like to lose 10lbs and we've got just over 6 weeks, so I'm really hoping for more than that, but I don't want to push myself because I'll only fail. Here's hoping for a loss for next week :carrot:

Robot
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
So today is looking like a good day. I plan on doing some yoga this evening, because it's more relaxing yoga that'll probably help me sleep. I went through my DVDs and found that I've accumulated a small library of workout DVDs. I suppose variety is the spice of life. I can do yoga one day, bust my rump doing Jillian Michael's Shred the next and then belly dance my heart out with Veena and Neena the day after that.

nakedmango
11-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Apologies--I'm a little late for the Saturday weigh-in. I'm hovering around 130 (weighed in at 131 this morning) but my closer are getting looser. Even my skinny skirt is looser, which makes me very happy! However, I suspect I will not live up to my goal of 120 pounds by Solstice. Nonetheless, I will persevere!

Challenge for myself this week is to eat healthily, despite spending three days at meetings and eating all 3 meals at the hotel/restaurants, and get at least some exercise in (two days out of the three is a good number, I think). Good luck to all of us, alternachicks! :carrot:

Elwing
11-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Oops, did I miss yesterday's checkin? Well, my current weight is 67 kg (148 lbs), only 2 kg / 4.5 lbs away from my goal! This should be do-able. I just hope I didn't gain too much from being with my parents this weekend.

ollie27
11-09-2008, 05:25 PM
so i did my sunday walk to the gig and now that i am home and have a large amount of stuff to read for school that may be it for the exercise. we shall see. my eating has been decent today. probably a little bit more pasta than one day calls for but when you have leftovers, well they make a good lunch AND dinner. my goal for in the morning is to get up early enough to exercise first thing in the morning.

i think my goal may be a lil lofty as well. but i'm not changing it, just need to give it my all.

ghost
11-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm back from vacay and really *really* need to get back on plan. In 10 days I gained a staggering 9 lbs!!! But, I started my TOM two days ago so that accounts for some of it. But, it was WORTH it, I ate like a champ...the kind of champ that eats constantly, lol! I ate french fries, olive garden alfredo, steak and potatos, wendy's, burger king, pizza hut, papa murphy's...lots of starbucks, it was soooo goood!!!

So, I'm going to give myself this first week back time to stablilize, drink tons of water to flush myself out and then weigh next weekend and that will be my start weight. I weighed in this am at 175 (omg). And my size 11's no longer fit which is too bad because I bought more size 11's while I was gone. My Yule goal is going to be 158 lbs, but I def want to be in the the 150's arena by the new years.

ollie27
11-10-2008, 05:53 PM
hiya ghost! :wave:

glad yer back and glad you had a good holiday. and yep, lots of water :yes:

Robot
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey ghost, welcome back from vacation! A vacation sounds nice right about now.

I'm happy to say that I had a great day. I exercised and ate mostly healthy foods today.

Skullarix
11-11-2008, 10:26 PM
MAN! I feel dumb now I kept checking the Samhain thread wondering where everyone was!

I loved the Samhain Challenge, it really helped to keep me focused!

Alright, I started at 172 & my goal is 162... I've some how managed to lose 4 lbs already... I'm sure that will slow down.

Robot
11-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Skullarix, these challenges help me keep focused as well. Congrats on the 4 lb loss!

ghost
11-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome back. I've done quite badly at getting back on track. Did okay on monday till I had supper with my sis, and then tuesday I was off for vets day and seemed to just munch all day long, but nothing terrible and fatty. I didn't weigh today, I thought it would be too defeating. I'll weigh tomorrow...lol!
Skull, great job on the four lbs, and it looks like you are rocking the cardio like nobody's business! Keep it up, maybe you're progress will guilt me into getting off my arse and doing some cardio too.

Robot
11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I didn't have the best day with food. I ate some pizza and then had some pie. Maybe I'll add another workout before the day is over.

WormwoodDoll
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Robot - Pie sounds so good. I'm waiting for Thanksgiving for that though. Trying to stay strong!

Skullarix
11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks Robot!

Ghost, you can do it! Just take one day at a time :hug:

WormwoodDoll, I'm scared of Thanksgiving! I love pumpkin and pecan pie so much! My room mate will make both from scratch I'm sure *drools*

WormwoodDoll
11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Skullarix - I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I may go a bit overboard, but it's my FAVORITE holiday!!

Gypsy Severina
11-13-2008, 09:14 AM
It's a little bit late, but I'd like to get back into the swing of it. I weighed in this morning at 285.8, so I'd like to lose 6 lbs, just to get out of the 280s!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving this year! I'm making half of the meal since my family completely forgot how to feed a vegetarian, lol, including a homemade Tofurkey. This will be interesting.

WormwoodDoll
11-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I weighed myself yesterday for my Wednesday weigh-ins and I lost 3.3lbs! Last week's weigh-in was at 227.4 and yesterday's was 224.1

I weighed myself after I ate this morning and it read 223.8 all 5x. I believe I found my correct caloric intake!

ghost
11-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Great job on the loss wormwooddoll!

Pie...omg I love pie. SOmeone is going to have to physically restrain me on thanksgiving or I'll eat it all.

So, I weighed in down four lbs this morning, easiest four lbs I ever lost...lmao! Sure, it was post TOM water weight loss but I'm still happy as a clam. are clams really happy? where the heck did that saying come from?

Robot
11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Ghost, I googled "happy as a clam" and this info came up:

The original phrase was "happy as a clam at high tide". During high tide clams are free from predation (i.e. being dug up). However, as time passed "at high tide" was dropped.
-------

Congrats ladies for your weight loss.

WormwoodDoll
11-13-2008, 03:53 PM
ghost ~ Thanks. I plan on eating a piece of apple and a piece of pumpkin on Thanksgiving. I'm not huge on turkey, but I LOVE my grandma's homemade stuffing. I will have to be restrained from that!

going2Bhealthy
11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, here in the UK we don't have to worry about the temptations of thanksgiving, I only have to deal with the temptations of everyday life! I've had another arguement type thing with my bf and what with my job getting me down I'm finding it hard to focus on me... so of course I'm doing the usual and turning to food for comfort so I'm not hopeful about the weigh in on saturday, but who knows eh? On the plus side I've been walking more and more so I'm headed in the right direction, if only I could still afford the gym! Well done on all your good work ladies :D

Robot
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Going2Bhealthy, try not to get too stressed out and turn to food. We're here for you. If something stresses you out or upsets you, maybe take a walk, watch a movie or come on here and vent about your day :) . It's hard to say no to food, but I know you can do it.

ollie27
11-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Well, here in the UK we don't have to worry about the temptations of thanksgiving, I only have to deal with the temptations of everyday life! I've had another arguement type thing with my bf and what with my job getting me down I'm finding it hard to focus on me... so of course I'm doing the usual and turning to food for comfort so I'm not hopeful about the weigh in on saturday, but who knows eh? On the plus side I've been walking more and more so I'm headed in the right direction, if only I could still afford the gym! Well done on all your good work ladies :D

:hug: it's good that you are searching for the positive. there's always something there! and if you turn to food for comfort, make it food that's good for you! sorry it's a rough patch. keep your chin up and keep posting. that always helps me.

ghost
11-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Going2Bhealthy: try and find another stress reliever besides food. Like, taking a long walk or a hot bath.

So, my body is weird. I weighed in at 171 yesterday, today I weighed in at 167. Of course, as usual if I don't see that number for two days I don't use it. But, yeah! I feel skinny today. Last night for dinner, I had a bottle of wine instead of actually eating...so, that could be the cause of it all...

Robot
11-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I can't wait til I'm in the 160s, ghost. It's so funny to say that because 2 years ago, I was in the 160s.

WormwoodDoll
11-14-2008, 08:05 PM
I weighed 223.8 Wednesday, 226 yesterday, and I'm back down to 223 today. DAMN YOU, BODY!!

The last time I was 160 was 5-6 years ago. :/ I can't wait to get under 200!

Robot
11-15-2008, 04:26 AM
Since I'm awake at 4:30 in the freakin' morning, I figured I weigh myself. I'm at 200, which means I lost the weight I gained last week.

ollie27
11-15-2008, 10:26 AM
robot - 4:30 a.m. on a saturday? ugh. but, eh, you got rid of your weight from last week :)

i was at 136.6 this morning which was a pleasant surprise. i mean i did great this week, but had a few heavy beers last night.

i'm in uncharted territory for my body. crazy.

Elwing
11-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Saturday weigh in - 67 kg. At least, that's what I was monday. The scale has refused to dip below 67.5 after that but looking at what I did I can't possibly have gained, so 67 it is. Pah.

Robot
11-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Congrats on the weight loss ladies!

Ollie, I had a bad night Friday, so I didn't really get much sleep. I might end up taking an afternoon nap before I do a round of Shred.

Skullarix
11-16-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm the same, points I didn't gain some :)

WormwoodDoll
11-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I had a bad night last night. Pizza, nachos, and alcohol. :(

jandaman
11-16-2008, 12:54 PM
me same same.also been indulging as pretty much laid up cuz back is out.....haven't gained yet but probly will.

going2Bhealthy
11-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey, thanks for the kind words ladies, my weekend wasn't too bad (except food wise) I went to a lord of the rings marathon on sat from 10pm to 9am on sunday morning and I ate a fair amount of crap, pizza, chips/crisps and some chocolate, but yesterday I did ok food wise, mostly because I was catching up on sleep. The situation with my bf has clamed down somewhat, but I just feel like everytime something like this happens I just give in because I don't wanna be alone and I don't wanna leave him and I just end up getting hurt again. Meh, it's a complicated situation I've gotta figure out for myself. I was working early on saturday and totally forgot to weigh myself and having just eaten I'm reluctant to do it now... I guess tomorrow morning will have to suffice but I'm not looking forward to it!

Me nad the bf went to the mall yesterday and I saw some gorgeous salopettes in the O'Neill shop... £129.00!!!!!!!!!!! I know I won't ever be able to afford them, but it made me get excited about skiing in Feb, and boosted my longing to be fitter. I can't wait for pay day (thursday) so I can stock up on healthful foods instead of just having to eat what I have left in the kitchen.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend, I'm feeling inspired and am going to inflate my gym ball tonight and hunt for jobs tomorrow morning, YAY for being proactive :D

Gypsy Severina
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
I know I'm 2 days late, but down 1.8 lbs this week! :carrot:

WormwoodDoll
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm kind of going off swing, but I weigh myself every Wednesday out of habit. I hope this is okay. I usually do okay on the weekends, but when I'm around friends, I can't help it. :(

We usually order pizza, which is hard to avoid. I wanted dominos, because I could of got a thin-crusted mushroom pizza, but we went to this one down the street that gives you HUGE slices. I could only eat one. I did damage on the nachos though. I did okay yesterday but back on plan today!

ghost
11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
My weekend was bad bad bad. I weighed in on saturday at 167 again, but then today I was up to 168. I did cardio on friday and sunday and have a cardio date with a friend tonight. I brought my lunch to work so I won't be tempted to order out. I had too much beer and junk food this weekend. I also had a date, so the junk kinda came with the territory.

10 lbs to go till yule, that seems so attainable to me now. Can't wait to be in virgin territory with my weight.

Elwing
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
The scale is up to 68 again. Not the best weigh-in ever. But I can't help it either :)

WormwoodDoll
11-17-2008, 09:42 PM
It's okay, ladies. We can do this!

ollie27
11-17-2008, 10:06 PM
sheesh. so i weigh every day and this morning was up up up. and the day went all to hades. no time for exercise. sat on me arse all day preparing my presentation for school, i get to class and a classmate bought me a box of friggin chocolates! out of the blue. he said he saw them, noticed they were vegan so he thought of me. of course, i ate like half the friggin box sittin in class. then...i had to eat dinner on campus and managed to not do that until 8 p.m. (i usually try not to eat after 6:30/7ish) and here i am with more work to do, so more sittin on me arse. arse-sitter. that's me.

bleh.

goin2be - good to read a cheerier post from you. you sound like you are in a better place:)

wormwood - i agree, crappy day or no crappy day. we can do this, yo. you hear that, chicas? damn skippy.

going2Bhealthy
11-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling the positive vibe! I weighed in this morning, it said 202.4 so up 1.4lb from last saturday, but that doesn't really surprise me! Pay day on thursday so only two more days of pasta, rice or a sandwich for dinner :)
Ollie, a crappy day every once in a while will not kill ya, plus school work is important so as long as it's not an excuse (which is doesn't sound like it is) then at least you're staying productive. Take each day as it comes and start again today! Nothing ever runs smoothly ;)

Robot
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I hate weight fluctuations. I try not to weigh myself everyday, but I tend to get obsessive. So don't feel down ladies if you gained a little. I heard a quote before that said, "You're not a quitter when you fall. You're a quitter when you stay on the ground."

WormwoodDoll
11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah. I have gained a slight addiction to ham&cheese hot pockets. I buy a big box for my FH [he loves them]. I ate one the other night just for a quick meal, and now all of a sudden it's all I want to eat! I'm thinking it may be because they're a "bad" food, but won't set me off for my calories for the day, AT ALL. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I can't wait to do foodshopping Sunday. I'm gonna have to find something to replace these damn hot pockets!

Robot I try to stay off the scale, but I can't. :( I like seeing what my body does over the week. It read 226 this morning, but I hope it dips below 224 at least.

ghost
11-18-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm a scale addict also. I weigh every day...sometimes twice. But, I have to know if I'm screwing up!
167.5 this morning, but I just had pizza and ice cream cake for lunch....
I may not eat for the rest of the day. and I'm def doing cardio tonight to burn it off.

mauvaisroux
11-18-2008, 10:45 PM
1 lb - not a lot but it does add up.

jandaman
11-19-2008, 05:13 AM
wormwood--i hear ya;hot pockets are the divil!! they must be chock full of flavor enhancers etc..cuz you just can't get enough of 'em. i had to wean myself off of them..lucky for me you can't easily get them here in german supermarkets.

ghost
11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
ew. hotpockets are gross. read the ingredient list and you may never eat them again.
That being said, I love the lean cuisine panini, so much that I refuse to read the ingredient list.
had the minor binge yesterday, worked out like a mad woman and didn't register a gain so thats good.

ollie27
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
thanks goin2be for the words of wisdom. actually, considering how much crap to clean/things to doaround hose/for school etc. etc. i am managing to hold it together fairly well. hope your vibes still kickin :goodvibes:

i'm an every morning weigher. it does me good for the rest of the day to even see that it's down two-tenths of a pound ya know?

replace hot pockets with Amy's frozen burritos. a tad bit more expensive, but organic, good for you and sooooo delicious. yum-friggin-y.

WormwoodDoll
11-20-2008, 01:47 AM
I don't buy the hot pockets for me. Their for the FH. Haha. I've just been so tempted. I love anything by AMY. Yum, yum!

going2Bhealthy
11-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Ok, I just googled the hot pockets and I'm a little horrified! Though, to be fair I really don't like cheese and I REALLY don't like those types of processed meal/snack thingies. Of course, I do have my vices which I am trying desperately to steer clear of, but there is a half opened packet of biscuits my bf left here... they are sitting in a tin so I'm pretending they don't exist and have put my supplements on top of the tin in the hope having to move them will make me think twice and it seems to be working!! Now I just have to get through work without eating any junk :(

Ollie, I'm still feeling the vibe, for being healthy anyway. Now I've just gotta put that vibe into practise ;) Normally I leave everything to the last minute and then panic like a crazy woman and rush around trying to do everything at once. It's like that everyday, even just to sort out getting ready and getting to work on time. I'm hopeless :) I'm quite impressed you're still keeping on track and staying positive with everything :carrot:

jandaman
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
ugh. i am such an emotional eater--when i am depressed to cheer myself up, when i am happy to celebrate, when i am bored to pass the time etc.etc. you get the drift. i know this about myself. i do. but just today i had a "belly epiphany" it took only 3 weeks off plan and my belly is hanging over my jeans. again. sigh. i feel like i can't find the time (or money) to eat healthily and prepare long-term meal plans etc. so i might have to rethink my solstice goal. how do you guyses keep on track? do you plan long-term? throw everything out of the pantry that's bad? i guess i cannot just eat that one pastry, that one danish. help??!!

powersmatti
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
wow. I haven't checked in. I've been so busy. Well, I went to the doctor and thier scale said I was like 238 that's gross. After about a week of eating good and being on Alli (plus workouts) I weighed myself at home and it said 233. That made me happy, but I wasn't sure about the difference in scales. So, another week or so goes by and I weigh myself at the gym at college and the scale says 227. Hm, I know it might be a few pounds off because of the different scales but it has to be some improvement right?

So, what is the most accurate type of scale? The one you step on? The digital one? the one you stand on with the slidey things like the doctor's have? I know the fit of your clothes is more important, but I need a little motivation in between sizes. Its much more encouraging to see a pound or two gone each week than wait a whole month or more for a new dress size.

My pagan fellowship has a member from egypt. I'm taking private bellydance lessons from her now. I really think it is not only fun, but is a goal. Just wanting to be skinny isn't a good goal so I told myself I'm going to work really hard at belly dance and in my junior year at college (I'm 1/2 way through my freshman year) I'm going to be in Chelonia which is this huge dance festival the college dance dept. puts on.

I thought it was a good goal beucase last year I took modern dance here and while a got a B I was pretty much ignored by everyone including the teacher becuase I wasn't "dance" material. Luckily, I'm making improvements to prove them wrong with a type of dance that is great for all shapes and sizes.

Well, I'm rambling. I'll continue to use the scale at the gym (its like the doctor office one) and by Yule I hope to be at 215 lbs. I expect the weight to go fast for another two weeks or so (as it always does for us large lovelies at first lol) and then even out to 1 or 2 pounds a week. That's about 12 lbs to go! I can DO this! Whoot!

powersmatti
11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Jandaman I think you're beating yourself up. A lifestyle change is going to take time and some mistakes, even big ones. The fact is, you made a choice. Because it was a choice you made and realized it was a mistake there is not reason to feel guilty. You need to pick yourself up and go forward, don't look back. I always tell myself when I get discouraged that each and everyday from here on out I'll be a little thinner and a littler healthier no matter how fat I feel. When you look in the mirror and you see that belly over your belt just think that you're doing somethiing about it. I like to come on here and look at the pics before I eat. Even better do 25-50 crunches before you eat so you won't waste the opportunity to follow it up with a healthy meal. Otherwise, you'll feel like you wasted energy on crunches. If you need support just ask! You know we're all here for you!

P.S.-Yes, ditch the crap in the pantry. You can't eat it if it isn't there. Make a grocery list and stick to it. Don't bring too much money when you're out and about so you don't spend it on fast food or extra junk food for your pantry. I know falling off the wagon is discouraging but it will happen. 1 day or 1 month long backslides happen. Everything is going to be ok. Check out the book Mindless Eating by Wansink. I think it will really put things into a better light for you! Good luck hun!

powersmatti
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
On another note, eating at work is a big challenge for me. I work the grill for breakfast and lunch at our school snack joint. Whenever I see those fresh french fries in the basket with cheese I think about a flat sexy tummy shimmying to belly dance music. Its what I want most. Sometimes I even bring a picture with me of Zoe Jakes (a famous dancer) and stare at it when I feel like binging on the fries. If you do get hungry though don't deny yourself. You should be eating something small and healthy every 2-3 hours like a banana or some healthy whole grain crackers. For the gal who snacks at work, bring something with you that you love to eat and is healthy. Don't pack bland stuff or you;ll dump it and pig out on the "tasty" junk food. I hope this helps. We're in the same boat my dear!

Robot
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
So, as much as I didn't want to weigh myself and wait until the weekend, I decided to do it anyway. Holy crapzola, I'm 196 lbs! :dance::dance::dance:

OK, so it's not only the weight, but my clothes are much looser than a week ago. It's official, I'm in love with 30 Day Shred.

ghost
11-20-2008, 01:57 PM
ugh...gain. pizza is satan. And I was doing so good!

Robot
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Pizza is the death of me. So tasty, yet so bad.

WormwoodDoll
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I discovered that Digiorno has a harvest wheat pizza that's thin crust. I want to purchase it for myself, but I can't seem to find a store that has it around me. :( That would be great & cheap for my pizza cravings.

ollie27
11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
jan - yeah, sista. don't be so hard on yourself. and i concur. ditch the crappity crap crap. if that's all you have, leave the median crap, but get rid of the ubercrap!

and eating well can be inexpensive too. i'm friggin poor, but i think i eat well. here's what i do esp since it's cold. at the beginning of every week i make a huge pot of beans and use it for various dishes throughout the week. beans/rice, veg soup, quick casserole, bean tortillas etc, etc. and they sell those 4 pound bags of generic beans for dirt cheap! i also do the same thing some weeks with a huge thing of pasta salad. i cook a box oh whole wheat rotini pasta, mix in black olives, bell peppers, frozen corn, frozen peas, or whatever the **** else i have around and keep it in the fridge for the entire week. for a dressing, i just put on whatever salad dressing i want right before i eat it. and frozen vegetables are cheap! well, cheaper. but keep some in the freezer for a quick stir fry.

dude, man. man, dude. you got this thing. whatever i can do to help let me know, b/c i'm in your corner, homefry!

powersmatti - awesome goal! my goal officially is to be a "runner". and as long as you keep weighing on the same scale it doesn't matter which one or what kind.

robot - :high:

back when i ate pizza, i always made my own using the pizza dough from betty crocker that you just add water to and then putting my own toppings on. so you can control the calories (and use skim milk low fat mozz cheese), ragu pizza sauce, mushrooms, etc. i remember i'd make a whole pizza, eat half of it!!! and it'd be only 300 cals. half of it! only took 20 minutes to make and cook.

powersmatti
11-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Ollie! That's a great idea for Sun. night dinner. The college only feeds us breakfast and lunch on Sun. so we are left to fend for ourselves sunday night. I used to order a large pizza (to my defense it was more of a medium-large) and devour the would ting myself. I would feel bloated and uncomfortable, but it was delicious. No more! I had a very caloric dinner with the ex-boyfriend (we are best friends) last night. Then my sister called and said she didn't want to go to the gym so I wasn't going to go either. About 15 min. later I build up the revolve, rolled off my bed and went to the gym for an hour and a half! Whoot! I don't feel bad about dinner. I need that meal off once a week or I'd go crazy lol.

I'm going to brave the cold to go over to the gym tomorrow morning to accurately weigh myself before breakfast. Then I Ncan check-in here!

Opn another note, I've never been this motivated or positive about losing weight. My college hosted a small lightworkers group right after my bf dumped me (about 2 weeks ago) and while none of them were professionals they worked on me. At one point the girl in charge whispered to me, "If you have an intention you can focus on it at this time" All I could think about what a becoming a strong, graceful belly dancer. Let me tell you, I haven't been in a better mood for about a year or so. This just goes to show what a little white light and willpower can do for you.

Another pagany idea for you guys is hypnosis. I'm not guarunteeing it will tweak your brain and the weight will fall off, but a good self-hyponosis cd on healthy eating and excersicing keeps you focused and encouaged. I listen to mine a few hours before bed every night (if I listen to it in bed I fall asleep lol)

Oh listen to me go on. I do really recommend the book "Mindless Eating" by Wansink. It really opened my eyes in a very good and encouraging way. Its a fast, easy read, but its packed with great stats and practical ideas for living a healthier life.

Keep it up friends! We can do this together!

Blessings,
Matti

powersmatti
11-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Posting again..can anyone say freelance writer haha. Oh well, I guess its better I post more than less. So I went and bought my very own scale from Walmart today. I just hate having to trek over to the gym before class to weigh myself. More importantly, I hate that the scale is in the actual workout room. I can always see the smug faces of the cross country team as I try to use my bulk to block the numbers from thier view. Anyways, my new scale says I'm 224.6 so I'll start there eh? Sounds good to me.

Went to the gym for like 20 minutes to power walk on the elliptical. I'll prolly go back at about 9pm tonight to walk some more and do some ab workouts for belly dance. It was just far too crowded this afternoon. I hate working out with three sports teams in there at the same time. Its much more relaxed at night.

So, I'll check-in again tomorrow to tell everyone how things are going. Good luck duckies!

jandaman
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM
thanks for the support ladeez....still feelin' a bit bleargh but my therapist gets back from vacay soon :)
did buy control top/ bottom and just generally control all around panties, tho. figure i don' have to look flabby--is that a sign i've given up on some level?
??????

powersmatti
11-22-2008, 11:47 AM
No its not a sign of giving up unless you let it. There's nothing wrong with looking better along the way. Even my mom (who is a size six or so) wears control tops.

Its check-in day! How is everyone doing? I weighed myself on my brand spankin' new scale this morning before eating and it said 221.4! I'm really excited!

It'll be a very slow weekend I think. I don't have a ton of friends on campus and most of them are gone for the weekend. I think I'll clean my room, work on a paper, and go to the gym. I hope lunch is good.

I had a mini-binge last night on various snack foods. Luckily, they were all low fat foods so it really wasn't that bad. I'm finding it very difficult to not eat after dinner or even eat in moderation. I think eating a little later might help. I usually go to supper around 5-5:30. I could probably hold off until 6pm during the week.

I'm excited to get my ticker. I covet them very much lol. I guess another week or so and a few more posts. Look at me blabbing on. Geesh. Well, I'll check back later today to hear how everyone else is doing! See you later.

Matti

Elwing
11-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Saturday weigh in - 66.5 kg / 147 lbs! Whoot! I didn't really do anything special... maybe I had an occult TOM or something like that? (I have a hormonal IUD so I don't necessarily bleed during TOM... but I still have them.) Only 4 lbs to go for my goal.

powersmatti
11-22-2008, 12:51 PM
That's great Elwing. I see you are nearing your goal. I also have a IUD so my weight loss probably has something to do with that too. I just can't figure out how I'm losing that weight so fast lol. I'm also on Alli which blocks 25 percent of the fat you take in and since I'm eating low fat as it is that is probably helping a lot.

ollie27
11-22-2008, 02:23 PM
i weighed 135 today despite the heavy beers i had last night. wow. that sounds familiar. :)

:bravo: matti and elwing

jan i went through the same thing last year. i started this whole thing in August 2007, i weighed 169 lost ten pounds, then gained it right back, got frustrated, threw out all my clothes that were too small (that i now wish i had kept) and said f it. i just wasn't in the right place mentally/spiritually/physically. a year later and i was ready to commit. i hope you haven't given up. maybe you're just not in the right place right now. it'll come, dude. let me know if i can help any way. :hug:

Robot
11-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Congrats on all of this weight loss! I'm still at 196, but I'm happy :)

jandaman - This journey is hard, and we'll hit a lot of bumps in the road. I've given up on a few times, and in the end, gained 30 pounds as a result. Try and think positive about it and hopefully, you'll get back into it. If not, we're here for you.

powersmatti
11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I remember my previous attempts with weight loss. Some lasted one day..some one meal...others lasted several months. I lost about 40lbs my sophomore year of high school and was down to about 160lbs. Then, I gained it all back. A few failed diet attempts later and here I am over 200lbs.

My bf of two years dumped me about three weeks ago. It was really hurtful to be told point blank that he didn't love me and wasn't attracted to me escpecially since we had been through a lot together and we were both each other's first intimate partner.

We remain friends though I still have my bad days. I realize how destructive our relationship had become. I was a negative, self-hating person who wanted to tank everyone else around me. That was the old me though. This entire experience has made it possible for me to be motivated to be active and eat right. I never would have taken private belly dance lessons or gone to the gym everyday if I was still so obsessed with this guy!

Long story short, **** happens. It just took a lot of it to put me in a place where I put me first in terms of weight and health. Take all of those negative feelings and turn them into motivation and you'll be a fitter person before you know it!

My personal motto: If it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger!

WormwoodDoll
11-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Bad weekend. Well, no, good weekend, BAD FOOD. I feel terrible. But I fit into a size 18 LEVIS now. I was a size 22! I never wore LEVIS before. I also bought a new peatcoat for this winter and I fit perfectly in an XL misses. It's very slimming too. :p I never purchased coats because I felt too overweight in my 1x & 2x. It feels good just to be "extra large". :lol:

But I am going to stay OP this week, NO EXCEPTIONS, until Thanksgiving. I'm going to try my hardest not to go overboard.

I am going to do my food shopping online right now so I will have food for the next two weeks. And then I am going to stay OP until Christmas Eve. So that's...25-26 days? Anyone else want to do a 25 day On Plan challenge starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving? It will be 25 days long. :)

ollie27
11-23-2008, 11:02 AM
i'm in wormwood. yesterday wasn't so good for me. i was a tad hungover which meant bad food to make me feel better. and this morning the scale was the proof. i'm going home for the holidays and i want to keep this up and sort of make everyone go, "man, liv, you've look good!" i know, probably a tad bit egotistical of me, but, it's my motivation. so my OP challenge will have to include no alcohol. or at least no "alcohol nights".

matti - awesome that you are so positive despite every thing you are dealing with now!

WormwoodDoll
11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Yay, ollie27! I figured it would be a nice little challenge to go along with our weightloss for the Solstice/Yule challenge. It will check us in check to, hopefully, reach our goals. :)

Robot
11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm definitely in on this challenge. It'll help me curb my pizza addiction. Speaking of which, Amy's single serve no cheese roasted vegetable pizza is yummy. The whole pizza is 410 calories though, but that's way better than the 3 slices of NY style cheese pizza that I'm used to.

PrettyPaula
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
hey all can i pop in here?

i take it that 21st dec is the date we are working toward?

I would like to lose another 10 pounds by then!

Robot
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
PrettyPaula - Of course you can pop in. Welcome!

WormwoodDoll
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Yay, Robot. This should be fun. I figured it'll be nice to help us with our weight loss goals.

I just bought 2 Kashi pizzas during my 2-week shopping to eat on weekends instead of dominos. This way I can avoid all the junky pizza + the breadstix & etc. Plus I can eat 1/3 of the pizza for about 300 calories. I wanted to buy the Digiorno pizzas, but the only stores that carry them are too far from me. But I love Kashi and their products, so I don't think I'll be disappointed.

And welcome, PrettyPaula!

powersmatti
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Didn't make good choices this weekend. Sun. was worse than Sat. I didn't work out on Sun. either. I learned my lesson though. I got in a arguement with my ex (now friend). We're over it, but I woke up this morning sad, frustrated, tired, and feeling sick. I knew it was a mix of very poor food choices and letting him get to me. I'm good now. I started my day right with a good breakfast (egg white omlette with all the veggies and a bowl of fruit) and didn't munch at all at work. I'm not eating my veggie plate, yogurt, and salad for lunch. I'm good. I feel stronger now. I'm excited for belly dance tonight as well.

How are everyone's feelings about the upcoming holidays? I'm going to my dad's second wive's house. I know, long story. My dad is in prison but I still consider his second wife (now ex-wife) my stepmom. She's really understanding of my weight goals and promised to fix a thanksgiving feast I can indulge in without gaining weight. She's so cool. I'm spending that 5 days froom wed. to sun. in minneapolis with her. Its the first time I've traveled alone, but I'm so excited to get out of Beloit! I think it's exactly what I need to shake out the last of those bad feelings!

Skullarix
11-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Ladies, I didn't mean to be so silent but I was out of town taking care of my mom who fell. I have been good, however some how I am way behind on my cardio for this month, and it's killing my motivation tonight :(

My weigh in was 167 today so I'm on track as far as my plan goes.

jandaman
11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
on plan challenge starting next sat? that's exactly when us expats're celebrating out observed turkey day...aaargh! anyways-i'm in as of monday the foist.

jandaman
11-25-2008, 10:28 AM
wanted to look super hot anyways when i meet my icky nemesis not-my-friend-but-hers on dec 23rd anyways. she's such a beanpole! tthhlpp to her!

ghost
11-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi! I'm getting closer to goal! Just thought I'd come and rub it in! bye!

WormwoodDoll
11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
jandaman, you can join in whenever you want. :) The point is to stay on plan for our challenge. :D

Robot
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
ghost - Thanks for rubbing it in.:lol: Congrats!

Skullarix - I'm sorry about your mom. I hope everything is OK.:hug:

WormwoodDoll
11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Out of curiosity this afternoon I weighed myself. It read 219.9! I'm excited for my Wednesday weigh in. I've been OP since my horrible weekend.

For dinner I made homemade turkey meatballs. When I get off work I'm going to make some whole wheat pasta to go with them. They turned out AMAZING for less than 50 calories a ball. They're a decent size, too.

Skullarix
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Robot~ thanks! She is getting better

Porz2008
11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I can't use the tickers yet, but I'm in too. Think I'll aim for 6 lbs since I'm starting right at Thanksgiving.

Robot
11-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Welcome, Porz2008!

WormwoodDoll
11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Welcome, Porz2008!

I weighed in at 220.9lbs for my weigh in! Down 1.9lbs and only about 6lbs left for my challenge goal! Good luck, ladies!

ollie27
11-27-2008, 10:46 AM
this week hasn't been the most productive in this challenge. each day on campus has been a food festival of baked goodies. and everyone brought a vegan alternative for me and seemed so proud. it was pretty sweet (literally) of them, so i indulged. and to top that off the exercise has slacked off cause of all the assignments my profs wanted in for the holiday.

so i'm up a couple pounds and hoping to get back on track the next couple of days. i'm not doing anything today but studying and taking breaks from that to exercise and drinking lots of water.

happy tofurky day everyone.

going2Bhealthy
11-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Hey chicas, it sounds like there've been some tough times going on around here and I've fallen off the wagon a couple of times. I'm ill (again) my throat and neck and shoulders are really painful, my back is tender, I have a constant ear ache and my glands feel really tender although none seem particularly swollen and my tonsils are really painful but again, not swollen. I don't get it... but I'm going to go to the doctor next tues when I'm free and get them to refer me to a specialist so I can see if I can get em taken out. It seems like everytime I get a cold or something my tonsils and now my ears are always affected to the point where no meds help and I have to keep taking time off work seeing as my job involves talking on the phone all day. It really sucks. I hope I can get them out.

I, of course, use my feeling awful as an excuse to eat chocolate and sugary things, so meh, not been so good, but I'm feeling a bit better and am back on plan today. I am totally in on the back on plan challenge wormwood! :carrot:

Glad to hear your mum is getting better Skullarix, I wish you both all the best :)

PrettyPaula
11-28-2008, 03:23 PM
i weighed in with a 1 pound loss today so all in all, week one i have lost 4.4 pounds. very happy although i know it wont continue like that! no way no how!

hope everyone has a fabulous weekend x i have my works christmas party to go to tomorrow so im going to follow each alcoholic drink with a water. :)

WormwoodDoll
11-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the challenge, going2Bhealthy!! I hope you ladies are ready. Tomorrow starts our 25 day stay OP challenge. We can do this!

Just so you ladies know, there's technically 27 days until December 25th - but this is so you can have 2 "slip up" days if needed!

going2Bhealthy
11-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Well, I weighed in at 200.00lbs this morning so I'm down 1lb from when I last weighed in which is great seeing as I've eaten REALLY badly this week, at least up until yesterday. Good Luck with your scales ladies :D

ollie27
11-29-2008, 09:03 AM
morning gals :coffee:

i weighed in at 135.9, but that's the first time i've seen that number all week. i've been in the 137s all week, but today was a good weigh in day b/c yesterday i was OP. not sure where to put my ticker as i usually like to see the number more than one time. but i'll keep put it at 136 for motivation. still up from last week, but, you know, it happens. ain't no thang. keep on truckin. and stuff.

yesterday i drank lots of water, ate healthy, exercised and did not eat late. this is what OP means to me. also, today we're eating at a friend's house. i plan to stay OP with the food, but i know i'll have a couple of beers. as long has it's not like 6 and i don't go overboard with dinner i'll be happy. i think i can go over a friend's house and still do well. we shall see.

Robot
11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I am too scared to weigh myself. Even though I shred everyday, I did overdose on leftovers yesterday.

Skullarix
11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
I gained a pound! I should be 166 today, but instead I'm 168 *sigh* I'm also not going to hit my cardio goal this month :'(

That and I was at the gym and the personal trainers won't leave me alone! Anyone else have this issue? If you don't sign up for something they do this whole guilt trip thing?

ghost
12-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Skull: Perdy avi! When I'm at the gym I can't get the attention of a trainer to save my life. They are all 6 foot tall blonde woman and not interested in helping out other women. Seems they only cater to the man-folk around there.

I have no idea what the scale says. I am in avoidence of it to save my fragile mental state. Long story.

jandaman
12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
ghost- those nasty nasty amazonian barbies!!pffthlpp to them. oh, ditto on scale anxiety. feels like serious extry poundage, tho

skullarix-awesome pic. you is soooo cuute.

Robot
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
ghost - I hope everything is OK

I weighed myself this morning and I stayed the same. I'm happy about that since my weekend was pretty bad.

Skullarix
12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Ghost & jandaman~ Thank you, I am indeed the one in the picture

Ghost~ Really? At the gym I go to they are all muscular young men. They buddy up to my male friend and tell him "come hang with us" and then straight out want to sign me up for something!

going2Bhealthy
12-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Hey Chicas! I hope everyone has been staying on plan this week ;)
I'm weighing in today because it's my birthday celebration weekend starting from tonight so I'm off plan for 2 days :) I weighed in at 197.6lbs this morning. I'd hoped for a little more but I saw some friends last night and was really bad and ended up having 3 bottles of beer. oops! My own fault I guess!!
I hope you all have a great weekend and good luck with the weighing in xx

powersmatti
12-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Note how long I've been gone. I gained back a few pounds because I totally fell of the wagon for about two weeks. Its over now and I'm back and fighting today.

Whenever this happens I know I just need to remember that this is a lifestyle change and messing up (whether it be for a day or a month) is expected to happen. I guess a lot of things have been going on, not that it is any excuse or anything, but it doesn't help.

Anyways, I've noticed a lot of people are stuggling. Let's just buckle down and ride this tough time out ok?

Good luck everyone and I hope your weigh-in goes well tomorrow!

Matti

powersmatti
12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
BWAHAHA! I have my ticker! I'm so happy I might just go to the gym to celebrate lol!

Robot
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Yay, powersmatti, celebrate at the gym and enjoy it!

ghost
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Alright, I finally lost some weight. Thanksgiving was not kind to me, so I am soooo going to take a super strict stance with christmas. I'm down at 164 this morning, but, as usual, must see it at least two days in a row for it to count and become a ticker weight.

WormwoodDoll
12-06-2008, 12:12 AM
:Sigh: Was on plan for a few days, then visiting my grandparents KILLS me. I really want to get my gym membership. Then I can actually just go workout when I have a bad day. Things would be much easier.

Skullarix
12-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Powersmatti, is right lets all buckle down! Just think how great we will feel about our success on Yule!! :cheer3:

I know I have been guilty of being OP and not going to the gym this week. I'm still fighting all over the same three pounds! I hope tomorrow is good :crossed:

Robot
12-06-2008, 01:13 AM
So I decided to weigh myself, despite the fact that I've been dreading the massive gain that I knew was going to happen. Ick is all I can say. The scale says 200! Uggg. Up 4 pounds. Not cool.

jandaman
12-06-2008, 08:02 AM
agree w the buckling down. been on plan for two days.....big advent cookie bake off today so fingers crossed and willpower fairies welcome!!!

Elwing
12-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Saturday weigh-in: 66 kg, which means 2 lbs away from my goal weight.

Robot
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Yay, Elwing. Will you be posting pics once you reach your goal?

ollie27
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
i weighed in at 137, but i've been eating well and exercising so bah what the scale reads. Bah! congrats maria, ghost, and elwing on the loss. and the rest of us, yep, we do need to get our ducks in a row and fly right, but i think considering the time of year and all we aren't doing that bad. we're here, you know.

cheers!:cheers:

Elwing
12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks both! Ooooh yes I will be posting pics. I thought I didn't have any "before" pics, but recently I got sent a video I've made for my education when I was at my high weight. It contains someone demonstrating examination of the abdomen on me, so I'm basically only wearing a bra and slip. So, I think I'll be using some of that as my "before".

Robot: How disappointing :(. I hope you'll re-lose it soon!

Ollie: I totally agree with you. Maintaining is better than gain, and even if you gain: you've lost before and you can do it again!

Skullarix
12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Weigh in today 167 (1 lb lost), I'm back on track!!! Lets go Chicks!

:dust:

WormwoodDoll
12-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Robot, we can do this! I'm up a couple of pounds, not sure if it's water weight due to my excessive sodium intake. But we shall see! I emailed this 24hr gym near me and they're running a very nice promotion. I can get 2 months free with the 24 hour option at no extra cost. Since FH and I decided not to get each other gifts for the holidays and to use the money for other stuff, with my paycheck Friday I am going into the gym and signing up!

Skullarix
12-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Way to go WormwoodDoll! :cheer2:

We can do this!

:dust:

Robot
12-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, we can do this! Monday, I'm going to kick a** with my dieting. I binged way too much this past week.

ghost
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I"m doing a naked happy dance...wanna see? J/k! Managed to maintain 164 ALL WEEKEND! I rock. I even changed my ticker.

Skullarix
12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
:bravo: Ghost! :cheer3:

ghost
12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
bravo on the weight, or the neked dancing? I know your talking about the dancing!

WormwoodDoll
12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Hahah. Congrats Ghost!

mauvaisroux
12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Ghost - :lol: Congrats on the loss!

I've lost 2 lbs but I am stuck at the moment - laid up at home and not exercising. :(

jandaman
12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
congrats to all you skiiiinnny bee-otches!! especially to those dancin and struttin their stuff in bday suitses :)
am pulling out of my original challenge goal. am hoping to maintain as i am also laid up (get better mauvaisroux) and doctors orders no exercise.......

ghost
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I hope all you laid up ladies get better soon, it sucks to be injured.

PrettyPaula
12-12-2008, 06:22 AM
hi guys, so far im down 4.6 pounds in this challenge but ive not lost for a few days, gonna step up the exercise today! how are you all getting on?

Robot
12-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Paula - congrats on the 4.6 pound loss!

Food will be the death of me. I've been binging for the past few days. Not cool. Today is actually better though. I've consumed mass amounts of veggies.

going2Bhealthy
12-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Congrats on your losses ladies! I've no loss to report, in fact this week has been rubbish and I have not been onplan and the scale reflects this of course. I also did a really bad thing and started drinking coffee again :( I need to stop that straight away!! Here's to next week!

Skullarix
12-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Couldn't weigh in yesterday, but today I'm 165 two more pounds! Though I doubt I'm going to make my goal for the Solstice :(

PrettyPaula
12-14-2008, 01:23 PM
i seem completely unable to get past 212.2 lol

i dunno why but 4 days now ive been stuck there and its BL weigh in tomorrow! i was really hoping to lose 2 pounds this week!

Elwing
12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Don't worry too much over it Paula - if you're doing everything right, well, there is nothing more you can do! Perhaps try drinking some more water, to make sure it is not extra water weight. You will lose again :)

I hit my goal weight for this challenge this weekend :). Now I'm trying to stabilize there - I suppose I should probably see my dietician about maintaining, because I have no effing idea how to do that.

Skullarix
12-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Ugh, I've been under more stress than usuall, and I have binged for the last three days! Today being the worst!

Robot
12-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Skullarix - I know how you feel. I'm stressed out and bingeing like a mad woman. I'm too scared to weigh myself, because I know I have a huge gain. Uggg...

ollie27
12-19-2008, 06:56 PM
soooo...i just turned in my second paper. this one was 30 pages and i feel like it took something out of me that i'll never get back. now i just have 8 pages left on my third paper. 8 pages stand between me and my freedom.

and i mean literally freedom. i've been holed up in this apartment, wearing pajamas and working on papers since december 10th. i haven't even left the house! i'm for real for real going bat **** crazy. that's also 9 straight days of no exercise, not even walking and eating the quickest thing i can find.

last time i weighed i was maintaining at 137. i'll be happy just to come out of this whole challenge down two pounds. so robot, and skull, i'm commiserating with ya! :hug:

congrats on goal elwing! you rock!

gotta get back to this last paper but :grouphug: to all!

Robot
12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
You can do it, ollie. Just a little more and you'll be FREE!

ollie27
12-19-2008, 07:15 PM
thanks, robot. and on your end...drink lots of water, you'll get through this, you just got through the shred, you can get through this :hug:

Skullarix
12-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Thanks Ollie! I'm thinking tomorrow may not be pretty... Good luck to you, you are so close!

WormwoodDoll
12-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Come on ladies, we can do this! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Robot
12-20-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm hoping once the holidays are over, I can focus again. Why do people buy so much food during the holidays? Just because it's a time to be with loved ones, doesn't mean we should shove our face with mass amounts of food. Uggg. This isn't good for a binger.

ollie27
12-21-2008, 02:15 AM
same here, robot. maybe we should make a game plan to redo the 30 day shred together after the holidays, complete with eating well and all that jazz? is that a date?

Robot
12-21-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm totally in, Ollie.

WormwoodDoll
12-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree Robot, holidays are not good for binge eaters. I find myself saying "I'll get back to it once the holidays are over". But I convinced my FH to join the gym with me and change his eating habits, too. I'm so happy I'll have someone to do this with. I just have to make meal plans to post for him to see, and make all his meals, and let no "binge-food" in the house anymore (I allowed some treats in for him, and just tried to ignore them). So this makes it even easier for me.

ollie27
12-22-2008, 01:47 PM
well, the winter solstice has come and gone and i'm hovering around 136, which means three pound loss. which means :yay:. seriously since finals i have been a blob on top of a stack of papers.

we did well chicas. i don't thin anyone had a serious gain. i'm heading out of town and will be back in january for a what, vernal quinox challenge? :)

Skullarix
12-23-2008, 06:57 PM
This is the first chance I have had to post, I didn't make my solstice goal of 162 though I was only two pounds off.

Robot
12-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats ladies on the weight loss this challenge. I...well...let's just say I almost threw the scale out the window. It's my fault though. I gained quite a bit with all the bingeing. I've been good today though. I'm hoping that I don't screw that up.