General chatter - Day After Thanksgiving Online Sales

raw23
11-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know if store's websites will be having huge deals the day after Thanksgiving? Like, Sears always has store-wide sales, but does their site honor those prices? And do any online sores (like Amazon or Overstock) have similar blow outs or free shipping?
I'd love to get my shopping cart ready now and just click "buy" on black Friday! ;)

Wolf Goddess
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Most of the time Black Friday sales are in-store only.

kelly315
11-02-2008, 04:42 PM
The way I think it works is that Black Friday is the last day for stores to get rid of their "old" inventory before loading up for what they plan to stock for Christmas. Websites don't usually have the limited storage space that stores do, so they don't need to have really great deals to get rid of extra inventory. However, some sites might have a black friday sale just to promote themselves- but it's not going to be as big of a sale as in the store.

Anyway, I think it's fun to go out during the craziness and crowds and see the sales.

Arlene Dallas
11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Amazon actually did a "black Friday" event last year but it was no where close to the deals you see in the stores..

modkittn
11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as "Cyber Monday". Some people claim there were better deals online on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday. I shop on Black Friday, though so I can't say from personal experience.

jules1216
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
The Monday after Thanksgiving is known as "Cyber Monday". Some people claim there were better deals online on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday. I shop on Black Friday, though so I can't say from personal experience.

That actually makes sense. If people can't find something they are looking for out shopping then they would go look online...