Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Coach's pancake mix

View Full Version : Coach's pancake mix

gailr42
11-01-2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.coachsoats.com/pancake%20mix%20ingredients.htm

This stuff is really, really good. I see that the third ingredient is sugar which may be why it tastes so good. Also, I think that this is not something that I would be eating every day, but what a nice treat. I actually like pancakes made from this mix better than regular pancakes. I put non fat yogurt and frozen berries on top. I bought it at Costco.

girl81
11-02-2008, 11:10 AM
another option:

Egg-white oatmeal pancake:
12 egg whites
1 cup dry oatmeal
3 packets Equal
3 tbsp cinnamon

Preparation:

While a non-stick pan coated with Pam (or other non-stick spray) is warming on medium, combine all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds. Pour contents onto pan making the pancake as big and thick as you desire (not too thick or it won’t cook inside). Cook until lightly brown on one side and then carefully flip. Cook until brown on the other side. Cut open pancake in the center to check if it’s cooked throughout.

Depending on the size of your pan and how thick you make them, you could get anywhere from 2-5 pancakes.

gailr42
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I need to try something like this. It is the grainy-ness that I like about the coach's recipe and I think the oatmeal would give the same effect.