General chatter - How do you like your coffee?

View Full Version : How do you like your coffee?

mazza
11-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I usually make daily mug with a double-shot and add some LF milk. No sugar. If I have more than one cup, I make it decaf.

How do you like yours?

Also, if you're not a coffee drinker and, like me, are a tea person...feel free to share that too.

Shopaholic1204
11-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I dont drink coffee, and I dont drink tea all that much (I have to be in the mood for it). But I do love hot chocolate!!!! The most I do w/it is add whipped cream every now & then.

mazza
11-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, yum! I don't blame ya.

PhotoChick
11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Dark, black, strong.

Every once in a while in the afternoon I'll have an iced coffee with milk. Mmmmm.

Slashnl
11-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Breakfast blend, black. Love it.

MissKayytaay90
11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
lowfat milk, splenda, and this vanilla flavoring stuff. Its low fat or something and it makes coffee tast so good ha. I love tea too but I just have that plain.

jahjah1223
11-01-2008, 08:03 PM
2 packs of splenda and 1 and a half tsp of at free creamer

Arlene Dallas
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
a large mug with one splenda and one T of sugar free french vanilla creamer...my husband bought me a $1200 fancy Saeco machine our last valentines day together and it makes the best cup of coffee EVER

mazza
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Seems to be people are fans of either extreme - black and strong, or sweet and creamy.

wantingtolose
11-01-2008, 08:19 PM
right now my favorite is coffee with a tbs of pumpkin creamer. MMM, i love when they come out with the holiday flavors. There are healthier things to put in my coffee, but i need it sweet! My typical flavor is the fat free hazelnut.
I find if i use the flavored creamers i don't need a sweetener, so it works out.

I need my coffee though, with two young kids, and a full time school schedule, i'm not getting as much sleep as i need most nights.

CountingDown
11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
During the week, black and dark roast.

On the weekend, I use soy milk and make cappuccino.

I love all kinds of tea - but drink mostly herbal and green.

Bee20nine
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
a little coffee with my cream and sugar. Medium roast not too strong, I am not a good coffee drinker. Heck I go to Starbucks and don't even get anything with coffee in it. I sincerely believe that their coffee is strong enough to make a dead man walk.

PhotoChick
11-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I sincerely believe that their coffee is strong enough to make a dead man walk.And thank god for it. ;)

Although truthfully I am not a huge fan of Starbuck's coffee. There is much better brewed coffee out there. I actually prefer Dunkin Donut's brewed coffee in the mornings.

Talk to me about their pumpkin or gingerbread lattes, though .... mmmmmmm!

>

mazza
11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I agree with you, PhotoChick. Generally, Starbucks and Gloria Jeans are nothing compared to most of the other places. Especially, it seems, independently owned coffee shops.

Speaking of purchased drinks - did anyone ever try GJ's green tea chiller? I used to LOVE them back in the 180lb+ days. Creamy, cool and delicious.

EZMONEY
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
black and a lot of it! every single day

not a fan of Starbucks coffee but enjoy the walk there, when we go that route, with my wife and dogs

bargoo
11-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I grind my own beans, usually French Roast, black most of the time. On the rare occasion that I have whipping cream in the house before whipping it I will slip a little bit of that in my coffee. No sweetener, though.

zenor77
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
DH roasts and grinds our beans at home. We brew in a French Press, we don't even own a drip coffee maker.

I only drink my coffee black and I can not drink Starbucks! Their coffee is terrible, way over roasted (burnt) and old.

EZMONEY
11-02-2008, 12:31 AM
my exact feeling ZENOR

mazza
11-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I only drink my coffee black and I can not drink Starbucks! Their coffee is terrible, way over roasted (burnt) and old.

Not to mention their nonsensical cup size names. I mean, venti? I'm pretty sure that means twenty in Italian... not to mention 'small' and 'tall' are quite the opposite. :dizzy:

ray of sunshine
11-02-2008, 01:14 AM
mmmmm... i love coffee:coffee2: I have to have it 1st thing in the morning with creme brulee coffee creamer i am hooked on it yummy I dont get out of bed if i dont have any coffee:coffee:

techwife
11-02-2008, 07:42 AM
I take my coffee sweet and blonde, like my men! :lol3:

Also, during the holidays, I put a healthy blop of Bailey's in mine.

mayness
11-02-2008, 07:55 AM
I add cream somtimes -- I find I need it in flavored coffees or else they taste weird, and it's a way to make bad coffee taste a little better (at meetings, seminars, etc). The rest of the time I drink it black.

I agree with everyone else on Starbucks, their coffee is gross, tastes like drinking ashes... even if I add cream AND sweetener I can't stand it. Which means that if I even enter a Starbucks, I must have plans to get a creamy, sugary, espresso-based drink. :devil: So I just stay out.

Haley8203
11-02-2008, 08:00 AM
pumpkin spice coffee with 2 splenda's and silk creamer

NightengaleShane
11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I am not a huge coffee person, but most often when I drink it, it's some sort of double-triple-quadrule-shot espresso thing! ;) Half the time, I put nothing in it, and the other half, I will put a little bit of Irish cream or hazelnut creamer and a packet of Splenda.

I like foofy coffees, too... those flavored ones with whipped cream on top commonly found at Starbucks :lol: If only they weren't so high in calories and sugar.

Smiling_Sara
11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
with flavored creamer. I wish I liked it black, cause it would sure save me some calories.

mazza
11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
What is this pumpkin flavouring people keep talking about? I don't know what it is - and have never heard of it before... :dizzy:.

Baileys, on the other hand, I have heard of ;D

Wolf Goddess
11-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I like mine sweet; one tablespoon of Coffee-mate - whichever flavor I feel like - and two packets of Splenda.

kittycat40
11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
home- black
out- with some milk/cream

happy2bme
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
1 cup of coffee at home in the morning with Creme Brulee flavored Coffeemate.

After my morning eye opener, I switch to fragrant teas. Jasmine is my favorite now that it's cooler tho I was partial to a cranberry melange over the summer that made an incredible iced tea.

rileyozzy
11-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I love coffee with ff cream. I can drink it anytime of the day. hmm...

junebug41
11-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I love coffee with ff cream. I can drink it anytime of the day. hmm...

Agree! A good cup of coffee isn't just for morning ;) I love having a cup while I'm making dinner. It gives me a nice pick-me-up before the gym.

I like mine very strong with some FF vanilla cream. I love Peet's coffee and I think that they must let Starbucks coffee smolder in charcoal for several days before they package it.

Ookpik
11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I like my Coffee Crisp!

(Cheesy joke some Canadians may recognize...Coffee Crisp is a chocolate bar we have here and there were commercials with people being asked how they like their coffee and the answer above was given.)

Anyway, at home I like my coffee with about a tablespoon of 2% milk and two packets of Splenda. When I'm at Tim Horton's, I get a large decaf double double with sweetener (two creams and two packets of Splenda). Yum, I am a total Timmy's addict!

tamaralynn
11-03-2008, 07:57 AM
FF creamer, no sugar.

I get black at Tim Hortons, then add my own creamer.

alinnell
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
And thank god for it. ;)

Although truthfully I am not a huge fan of Starbuck's coffee. There is much better brewed coffee out there. I actually prefer Dunkin Donut's brewed coffee in the mornings.

Talk to me about their pumpkin or gingerbread lattes, though .... mmmmmmm!

>

Oh, yeah, the lattes are GOOD! I can't stand Starbucks coffee, though. It always tastes burnt.

My coffee is full caffeine, black, and strong enough that it looks like coffee and not tea, but not terribly strong. Three heaping scoops for a full pot strong. No sweetener.

grasshoppermf
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Every morning......2 cups home brewed hazelnut or french vanilla decaf, black, no sugar.

KLK
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
When I make it at home, I usually brew some American-style with a packet of stevia and some whole milk.

PearFreak
11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
MMmmm COFFEE!!!! :drool::coffee2:

Home: We grind the beans that morning and make it Strong. I add one packet of Splenda, some FF creamer (current love is Caramel) and drink up.

Out and About... love me my froo-froo Starbucks dbl shot no sugar just the yummy sauces and creams. Man, now I need me a Starbucks Caramel Machiato. ;)

ray of sunshine
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I used to love carmel machiato.. now I am all about a white mocha:T yummy! Matter of fact I am drinking one right now! Double tall non fat with whip white mocha!!!!! Yummy:drool: and it's raining and I am on the couch....ohhh cant ask for a better combo, maybe some good company too!!

zeffryn
11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Usually black, extra hot and strong....

We have a french press that we use when we're not pressed for time....weekday mornings are usually done with a drip.

Since being pregnant, I drink tea if I feel the need for more than one cup of coffee...usually it isn't the caffeine that I want, but the hot drink. There is a tea shop here that has an awesome white tea/pomegranate blend.

mazza
11-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Whoa - white tea & pomegranate. Never heard of that.

Haley8203
11-03-2008, 05:52 PM
mazza- my pumpkin coffee is just a seasonal blend from green mountain coffee

AngelD
11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Anything decaf else I don't sleep :(

Marathon Mom
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
HOT, Dark, Strong, with a generous helping of FF Non Dairy POWDERED creamer... I look forward to a cup and a 1/2 every morning.

Milk won't do & liquid creamer is too sweet and reduces the temperature.

SweetCurves32
11-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Just tea here. Unsweetened, but many different brands, or flavors.

JulieJ08
11-05-2008, 10:02 AM
HOT, Dark, Strong, with a generous helping of FF Non Dairy POWDERED creamer... I look forward to a cup and a 1/2 every morning.

Milk won't do & liquid creamer is too sweet and reduces the temperature.

We're talking about coffee here, right? :devil:

Thighs Be Gone
11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I like a double shot of Starbucks Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup in mine with 1/4 cup skim milk. I do not go to Starbucks. Too much money and not that great IMHO. If I was to get coffee out, I would probably go to Dunkin' Donuts.

Tea--I like loose tea from India boiled and strained--with skim milk, cardamom and ginger.

mazza
11-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I just bought a pack of green chai tea - it's delicious. I'm too lazy to buy loose leaf most of the time since bags are easier....

SBD Sass
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I love coffee, but I don't drink it often. When I do drink it I have to have milk, cream and four sugars in it. I like it sweet and it's why I can't drink it as much as I like.

SBD Sass
11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I love coffee, but I don't drink it often. When I do drink it I have to have milk, cream and four sugars in it. I like it sweet and it's why I can't drink it as much as I like.