General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 10:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Doin it the Old fashioned Way #9

Continued from #8 . . .

Time for yet another thread!!

For anyone new, this thread is basically for those counting calories, or fat grams or weight watchers points, or doing something like Richard Simmon's Deal-a-Meal... anything along those lines :-)

Feel free to join in or just lurk... the gals here can be very motivating!!

Christine
195/150/130
Old 04-22-2002, 10:48 AM   #2  

Okay, its my starting over day... so far so good but its not even 11am. No buts right? I can do this. I am ready, willing and able!

I think I'll hold myself accountable today by sharing my daily meals here . . .

Breakfast: (9am) 1/2 serving of quick-cook oatmeal (75) & cup of tea w/ 1tspn sugar (and a bit of splenda) and skim milk. (40)
Lunch: (12 noon) 3/4 nathan's hotdog on bun w/ catsup (235) and 1 cup chicken noodle soup (65)
Snack#1: (2:30pm) Chewy Choco-chip granola bar (120)
Snack#2: (4pm) 1/2 green pepper w/ 1tbsp light ranch (60)
Dinner: (6:30pm) pasta w/ tomato sauce and meatballs (800.. ouch! I went meatball happy and ate too many!)
Snack#3: the PLAN is no snack cuz I'm sitting right around 1400 but I make no guarantees. I'm real full right now (7:25) but who knows what I'll want later..
Update 9:15pm: Apparently not even having to be accountable to you guys works cuz I just downed a glass of skim milk and a piece of cake!! Yoiks! (estimate 350) According to fitday.com todays total was 1742. Again, higher than I'd like but not diet-killing... blah.. I lose guys .. as I assume you all make it through today unlike myself!!

I'll be back later for updates . . . and that nudge if I need it

Christine
195/150/130 (evil scale said 151 this morning but I'm ignoring it cuz it WILL be back to 150 tomorrow!!)

PS Oddly enough I re-weighed myself around noon (before lunch) and the scale said 149.. so i magically lost 2 lbs in about 4 hours

Last edited by silence; 04-22-2002 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:08 PM   #3  

Tryin hard~ that's so great! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. The rice cakes sound good, too. Haven't had one of those in a while. Are we talking the big ones or the small bite-size ones? It's cool that your friend was so enthusiastic about seeing you! She must've been soo surprised. That must make you feel wonderful! I'm doing good today. I find it easier to eat within reason if I plan the whole day out with fitday. That way I won't mess up so I'd have to redo and re-calculate everything. Good to know everyone is doing well!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:02 PM   #4  

Angry Hello Everyone!!!

Hi Ladies,,,

Boy has this thread been busy!! It took me awhile to read everyones posts. Good to hear all is well with everyone.

Christine~~~ Congrats on the new car!!! I bet you just love it! Saturns are nice looking cars.
You sound like you are doing well keeping your calories in check.
So I dont think you need a kick in the pants, I think you need a pat on the back for the amount of weight you have lost already!!!!!!!

Holly~~~~ Way to go on the 10 pounds down,, and also you have to be feeling a little "SASSY" in those smaller size jeans of yours!!!!! Keep it up, soon it will be size 10's you will be sporting!!!

Pamela~~~ How are you feeling? Pretty soon you should be past that yucky early stage of pregnancy and you will be feeling just wonderful again. Keep smiling!

Tryin'hard~~~ Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. I bet your friends reaction to the new you will be forever etched in your memory. You have come such a long way, you must feel like a brand new person!!

Sprite~~~ Your weekend sounded like a blast, I use to do the very same things with my two best friends. That is so much fun to be able to just relax and hang out with friends and do the girl thing. The last time I did that was right before I was moving up here and my friends and I went and rented a little cottage on the lake and hung out. We cooked out side, did our nails , facials and pedicures. It was so much fun..I think that is something that all of us women need to do for ourselves from time to time.
Sorry to hear that you did not find the right swimsuit, but you will. And it will be just perfect!!!

T-girl~~~ You are on a roll girl!!!!!!! Your hubby will come home and not even recognize you!!! You are so positive and focused. Keep up the GREAT work,, you are keeping us motivated for sure!!!

Darmah~~~ How are you today? Does it take long to do the calories on the fitday site? I really only looked at it once briefly and did not try to figure out anything. Maybe its something I should do, even though I do write everything down that I eat.

Nola~~~ Are you enjoying the bike? (Oh what a dumb question,,,,,of course you are!!!!!) Are you ready to move up to a Harley now??????????????????

Jacklyn~~~ Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a slump, just stick with us, we will help you through. We all have those slumps and it helps to be able to come on here and just vent to the rest of the group. I agree with Holly, when I am having a rough day , I'll come on and re-read posts and it will rev up my motivation once again. You can do this!!!! Stay strong and keep smiling!

Melisa~~~ Glad that the 11 pounds decided to take a hike!!!! And to see for yourself through your pictures how you have changed, has to keep up pumped up !!!!!

Hopefully I did not miss saying hello to anyone and if I did I sincerely apologize. There was so much to catch up on!

Ok so my trip was a good one,,, the weather was just gorgeous also! It was an 8 hour drive(approx.) and the whole time I spent in the Immigration office getting my landed immigrant papers was "7 minutes" YIKES!! all that way for such a few minutes. But heck,, now I am offically a permanant resident. They say if I want to become a Canadian Citizen I can in 3 years. But I dont want to ever give up my US citizenship. We will more then likely move back there one day.
So anyway, the rest of the time spent in Prince George was fun. We went shopping and to the movies. We seen the new movie with Cameron Diaz,, "The Sweetest Thing" it was so funny, but not one that you would want little kids to see. But I enjoyed it.
My eating was on track for almost 3 days and then I ate battered fish and Dorito's!!!!!!! Now what is up with that??? I never eat Doritos...so why did I then???....hmmmmm I DUNNO,,, something came over me...it was like the Dorito devil was lurking in the junk food aisle at 7 11 sending me subliminal messages telling me to try the new Cheddar and Sour cream flavor.... Next thing you know I am in the car on the trip back home and the Doritos are sitting right in between the hubby and me....(next to my huge diet coke, of course) but I did not eat them all my self.. The newly slim hubby had some also. But anyway.... I got on the scale this morning (with much apprehension ) and the thing still reads 193.... I did not gain ,,,,PHEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
But now with only a month left to go till we go home to the states on vacation,,,, I am panicking. I wanted to lose at least 10 more pounds by then. Can it happen???? UGH......

Oh by the way,, I have not taken any of the Zoloft... I am going to see how the new thryoid medicine works out.. but I am still feeling the lightheadness and dizziness.
I did buy some of that progesterone cream that the doctor on Oprah was talking about. Ill try that out and see how is works.
I just want to feel better....hate when that lightheadness hits...

Well anyway,,, I hope everyone is having a upbeat positive day,,, see you all later.......bye for now....

Nancy
207/193 STILL!!!!! /150 1st goal

Last edited by Snowey; 04-22-2002 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:04 PM   #5  

Nancy, were you in Lake George, NY? We used to live near there (Saranac Lake and Lake Placid). Glad it took such a short time! Now as for the Dorito's...hehe. Glad you didn't gain!

Well for laughs, I'll post what I ate today:
Breakfast: 1 cup of Breyer's Fruit on the Bottom yogurt - black cherry
Snack: saltines, sips of ginger ale
Lunch: cranberry orange bagel with creamy strawberry spread - took me an hour to eat
Snack: saltines, sips of ginger ale
Dinner 1: bowl of mac and cheese
Snack: hard chocolate candy, saltines, sips of ginger ale
Dinner 2: bowl of mac and cheese
Snack: hard chocolate candy

Ah yeah...anything that sounds like it's not going to make me sick, LOL. I've learned my lesson far too well. The second round of mac and cheese, dh made and he made it by the recipe (I hardly put any margarine/butter in) so that made me sick, but I'm not telling him, LOL.
Still really tired. My dad watched Emmett for about an hour while I napped this afternoon, so that was good. He's sleeping a tiny bit better, but now he's getting his 2 year molars, fun, fun, fun!
He also thinks the baby is in HIS belly, LOL.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 04-22-2002, 11:28 PM   #6  

Hi all!

I am too tired to write individual posts to everyone so will try tomorrow.

Thanks for the tankini tips but I think Lands End is only in the US, I'll have to check. If so, I guess a trip to the US is in order for me soon.

I am trying a new breakfast food tomorrow called Dagmar's Breakfast to Go. It is a cookie but extremely healthy and has 10.6 grams of fibre. It is helpful for people trying to lose weight as it makes you feel full for most of the day. Will let you know how it goes.

Christine I would like to rechallenge you to start over tomorrow and see how well we can do. Along with anyone else!

Nancy, have you ever thought that maybe your lightheadedness is from too little calories, or not enough of certain food groups? Just a thought.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:04 AM   #7  

hey everyone in a rush, had a busy day filled with issues. Still stayed OP though, the main thing that helps with that, is my body is adjusted....Well Nancy, thanks, I do want to help motivate everyone My husband probably wont recognize me..lol Everyone keep up the good work, and I will talk to you tomorrow..

Latisia
Old 04-23-2002, 07:55 AM   #8  

Hi every body! I hope you're all having a great day!
Sprite--tell me more about those breakfast cookies. B'fast is a tough meal for me--I eat at 6:30 a.m. and don't eat lunch til noon, so I need something that's going to stick with me!
Nancy--I love the image of the Dorito Devil! I could just picture him sitting on the dashboard while you were driving!
Pamela--keep in mind that your body knows better than your mind what it wants to eat. Cravings and aversions are a great built-in security system for the new baby!
Holly-great job on the jeans! Isn't amazing how jeans really define our weight loss! Before throwing my size 20's away, I was able to put them on and off without undoing the button and zipper!
I eat the mini rice cakes--more pieces equals more satisfaction!
Well, off to the mess of papers on my desk. Make it a great day!
Old 04-23-2002, 07:57 AM   #9  

Forgot to update my profile--2 more pounds, gone forever! DH said he tripped over them on the way to the bathroom!!! My goal is in sight!
Old 04-23-2002, 09:10 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning everyone!

How is everyone today?

Nancy - Welcome back! We missed you, too! You did so well on your trip! Some battered fish and some Devil Doritos isn't too bad.

I wouldn't feel comfortable suggesting you go even lower with your calories, thinking of 10# in a month to lose - just maybe increasing exercise? Only if it doesn't make you more lightheaded. You already have progress to be proud of to show your friends!

Sprite - I forgot that you are not in the States - but Land's End does mailorder - and maybe they have an online store?

Christine - hope you feel in-control today! I need to re-challenge myself - past few days I definitely haven't been strict with myself. I was too lazy to get out the salad stuff at dinner, and then had seconds of shepherd's pie because I was still hungry - should have filled up on salad! I think I need the friendly kick in the butt.

T-girl - good for you to stay OP even through a busy and hectic day. That's when it's hardest. You're strong!

tryin'hard - you had such great positive reinforcement images on your trip! Like not having to worry about size issues, and just feeling so comfortable with yourself. The world is so much more enjoyable when we're happy with ourselves. And I noticed RIGHT AWAY at the end of your post, your loss! A 2# loss DURING vacation is sensational!! And I loved the image of you fitting into old jeans without even "opening" them!

Hi darmah - are you "back on schedule" after the weekend? Weekends are a challenge to our usual routine, aren't they. And like you said, avoiding pizza-eating friends is hard! Hope you're doing fine!

Hi Pamela - You sound as if you are taking in proper nourishment - I agree, listening to what your body says it can or can't take is sound advice. Hopefully the queasiness will pass and you'll be feeling energetic and great!

Hello also to jacklyn, Melisa, Kanola, and are you still with us Teresa?

Have a great day, everyone! And if I feel myself weakening, I'll be back this afternoon!

Holly
176/166/160 1st mini goal
Tape measuring day tomorrow...we'll see..........
Old 04-23-2002, 11:53 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone . . .

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I've been sooo tired lately so this morning when the hubby left for work (8am) instead of staying up I went back to bed and didn't get up til 10:45! I feel refreshed, like I'm finally caught up on sleep again... hopefully it helps with the self control.

Of course, I'm feeling pretty strong right now but such is the daily cycle! I woke up so late that I only had a cup of tea for 'breakfast' and in about 15 minutes my husband will be home for lunch. Instead of having a high-fat hotdog like yesterday, today I'll be letting him finish off the hotdogs while I have a lemon chicken breast! The more I behave in the early day, the more room for error later... I know, I should just be good later and eat evenly through the day but I know myself and if this is the way it has to be, its better than eating 400 calories too many each day!

Sprite, I'll accept that re-challenge!! The cake is all gone from my house and I have a promise for myself. I will not bake anything more until I have dropped to 145 lbs! That's 5 pounds before I will allow myself to bake. The most difficult part of saying that is, I've been craving some homemade choco-chip cookies so badly! But, I promise ME that I will not cave!!

Holly, I have that same 'too lazy to make the salad' problem.. I've said in the past how I wish I could have a continuously re-stocked salad bar in my house.. wouldn't that make the life of a dieter easier!?

tryin'hard, congrats on the 2 pounds!

I'm going to go now and work on making my own good news of pounds lost! Back later ya'll... Be good! (as will I!)

Christine
195/150/130
Old 04-23-2002, 12:20 PM   #12  

Salad daze...

I get so tired of making salads!! What works for everyone??? I buy the bags, but they don't last very long and I try to stay out of the grocery store on a daily basis!! I make 3 individual salads every night (dh doesn't like onions...dd doesn't do lettuce!) and I really look forward to the one night a week when we go out and someone else makes the salad!
I try to vary my ingredients hoping to keep it interesting, but I'd love to hear all of your suggestions! Lately I'm on a roasted pepper kick--it looks pretty on the salad, too!
Have a great day everybody!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:29 PM   #13  

Hello everyone!!

Tryin hard-that is so AWESOME that you are only 3 pounds away from goal!!!! You have got to be glowing!! I personally cant wait till I get there.

Nancy-its good to have you back! Glad you had a good trip!

Hello to everyone else, I dont have much time so I'll fill you in on what I've been doing. Luckily I have been able to stick to my plan the last couple of days. I even walked my 3 miles last night. I'm not even sore this morning so I'll hit it tonight again. Still no loss but I'm trying to stay positive. I mean....if I keep up the 3 miles a day and watch my fat and calorie count, it's got to come off eventually, right???

So I'm trying not to get stressed out. I always do this time of year because of the shorts weather and there's always a pool party lurking out there that I stress out over. Like I said if I keep doing what I'm doing, it's gotta happen eventually. Well I'll drop back in when I've got more time. Talk to you all later

183/152/135 first goal
Old 04-23-2002, 01:40 PM   #14  

Thumbs down Good Morning!!!

What a pretty sunny day here !!!

Tryinhard' ~~~~ That is wonderful that you are down 2 more pounds and only a hop , skip and a jump away from your goal.
You must be feeling just great!!!

I never seem to have the dreaded "Oh time to make the salad days"........You know why?????? My dear hubby makes them all the time... its just something he likes to do ,,,,so that helps me so much! As if I had to make them,,,,, well I just wouldnt'......

Everyone sounds as if they are having a good start to their day. I am feeling positive and motivated also. (I think the sunshine has something to do with it.)

Well, I gotta run for now, so much to do..But ill see everyone later..

Have a happy day ladies!!!!!!

Nancy
207/193/150 1st goal
Old 04-23-2002, 02:54 PM   #15  

Hey all...

You know how we've been mentioning that one should cycle their calories, or at least have one day a week of higher calories? Well I found a site (through 3FC actually) that has a very good explaination of why it works .. if you don't mind reading cuz its a little long. Just thought I'd share the link so you can check it out if you want: http://vmcdonnell.net/plats/wp.html The woman who wrote it uses WW points but it'd work the same for counting calories! :-)

Enjoy!

Christine
195/150/130
Closed Thread