Support Groups - The Royal Procession towards the Solstice and the Festive Season

Arabella
11-01-2008, 08:46 AM
:candy: :tree: :ginger: :tree: :candy:
Calling all Royalty -- and you KNOW who you are! Let's all take a deep breath, join hands, smile and courageously forge ahead towards the Winter Solstice and the Festive Season.

Let's celebrate our sacred journey with a pledge to seek health and wholeness, in the knowledge that therein lies the purest celebration.

We're just about eight weeks away -- in that time, we can relax, reinvigorate and rejuvenate. Then, when the blessed day arrives, we'll be fortified to venture forth at our radiant best, into the ever-increasing light!

Pop in and post your own personal challenge/commitment. Let's get excited!

:wreath: :ginger: :tree: :xcheer:

ceara
11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes...I read a book called "On strike for Christmas" a funny look at just what we do at holiday time and why do we do it...as wimmen and wives that is.

Have had another good day...took the breed, nothing in group. Again. But the food and activity levels were good! Grilled lemon pepper chicken, lots of broccoli, rice and carrots, and caesar salad for dinner. Still no booze...curious to see what the scale shows when I get home!

qsilver
11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Perfect timing for a new thread!
I have an announcement to make...

*drumroll*

I am getting stronger! :carrot:

I was doing a water workout yesterday, hoping to ease some of the leftover kinks from Wednesday training with Gym Jim, and I realized at the end of my usual 20 minutes that I wasn't breathing all that hard. I pushed myself harder for another 10 minutes, trying out a few new things, and I still wasn't exhausted or feeling overly exerted. I got a wild hair, and instead of just water walking and doing deep water running, I ditched the weights and decided to just run/jog it out for as long and hard as I could handle. It took 10 minutes before I decided to call it quits! Wahoo! I was so proud of myself!

The results are beginning to show on the scale as well. I did my normal new-workout-routine-jump-up of about 5 pounds when I started with the trainer. I had managed to whittle it back down to 303 despite the presence of Halloween candy/chocolate everywhere. But this morning the scale is reading 301, and I'm thrilled! This time I feel like I've earned that number instead of it happening by accident.

Obviously I'm excited. :) I'm also energized, committed, and ready to make things happen. My biggest stumbling block right now is journaling, and I've been making all sorts of excuses as to why I'm not doing it: my journaling program didn't switch over well to the new computer, I don't want to try a new one, I'm too busy today, blah, blah, excuse after excuse. Well, enough of the excuses. I'm perfectly capable of writing down what I eat and how much time I spend exercising every day. I don't need an exact account of every calorie as much as I need the accountability itself.

So, my first goal is to continue doing what I am doing. I will do two big workouts a week, and I commit to 30 minutes of movement a day every other day. Yes, those 30 minutes may be broken down into smaller chunks, but there must be 30 minutes total come bedtime.

My second goal is to journal. I will start with pen and paper and move up as I feel the need. The most important thing right now is to get accountable for my intake. Food will be logged, exercise will be logged, and I will take a moment for myself and give the entire day a rating with a quick note about what that number means to me.

My third goal is to make time to live, love, and laugh. I adore the holidays, and I want to go through them with the lightness of spirit they deserve. Heck, with the lightness of spirit I deserve!

That ought to do it. :) Wow, did I mention I am feeling good this morning!

Ceara, grats to you and your girl again! The shows seriously keep you on the move. I don't know how you do it, but it does sound like you have fun. With that kind of activity and eating, sound like there will be another nice surprise waiting at home for you. :)

Arabella, thank you for starting our new thread. It is just what I needed to get motivated for the upcoming season! :)

I'm trying to remember what was posted on the other thread. I know wsw got the pan finally! WAHOO!!! Anagram had fantastic results for her eye surgery! Another huge WAHOO!!! But I'm struggling to remember anything else this moment, and there isn't time to go back right now.

I'm running off to get the girlies to church. My honey is on long call today (means he has to be there overnight), so I'm going to spend some me time here at the house and just bask in the quiet. I should take advantage of the quiet time and get a bunch of grades entered as well. My students would appreciate that. Post quiet time is Gym Jim at noon. I'm almost afraid to tell him I'm not sore today, because that means he will push me a lot harder. Yes, feel free to laugh and tell me to keep off my lazy backside! :lol:

:hug: Here's to starting out fresh, starting out new, and being our best, most gracious, and beautiful selves possible! :cheers:

Andria

Arabella
11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
And I almost said "the winter palace." Cold out there! Then it's supposed to get warmer again in a few days. Yesterday was beautiful and :sunny: but :brr:

Before I go any further, I want to include a link back to the old thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145121&page=19) because there are some posts there that may not have been read.

We had friends in for dinner last night and then went to a jazz concert. I made a layered Lebanese rice and chicken dish: mounded cooked, spiced rice on a platter, arranged roast chicken on top of that, and then sauteed pine nuts and onions. Sprinkled pomegranate seeds on top and arranged roasted garlic and lemon wedges that were cooked with the chicken around the edges. It made a very nice presentation and our friends loved it. Only DH felt a little cheated because he could tell there wasn't as much chicken in a serving as he would usually have had.

Oh, we're having our first snow today, intermittent snow showers. We just went for our long Sunday walk and it looked like a snow storm at some points and then all the clouds would roll away and it would be all sunshine and blue skies. And then back to snow again. I guess that's living on a little island, all those offshore weather things. We've still got a lot of leaves on the trees, some barely changed color and some ablaze, golden yellow, orange, red. Gorgeous when the skies are blue.

Ceara, is there something different going on that's got you travelling so much? You seem to be always on the go. Sounds like you're enjoying it, though.

Andria, :woohoo: you on your progress at the gym AND being right on the border of that milestone! Good going on that jog, too. :) When I was running (that's what I like to call it :lol3: ) yesterday I thought "This is hard!" and then I realized, well, if it was never hard it would never lead to improvement. So I kept going.

Anagram, how are the new eyes? I'm still excited every time I think of it.

WSW, hope you're feeling better!

Kaylets, Kat :wave:

K, :queen:lies, let's make this a good one!

Arabella
11-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Bumping up. It's Fresh Start Monday, :queen:lies -- let's hit it! I've been doing pretty well but stopped journaling the last few days, eased up on the prohibition against eating only when seated, didn't get quite all my steps each day. And I KNOW that I need to really put in the effort to make a loss. And I'm looking at slightly over a pound a week to make Onederland this month so... Time to hocuspocusFOCUS! :wizard:

Yea-ah! Let's take this day and make it work for us!

qsilver
11-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Fresh Start Monday is right!
Today is my day to not make excuses and to just get things done. Journaling is the top of my list. I have no idea why I let something so good and so easy to do slip away, but it does. Not today though. Before the end of this week, I'm going to see 2s in front of my weight!

Arabella, the chicken and rice dish sounds lovely! So do your goals. :) You really are that close to the next milestone, and I plan on being here to scream and yell the second you hit it. :carrot: Is it silly of me to be slightly jealous of snow? Because of the past knee surgery I'm not missing living in slippery winter wetness, but there is nothing like the beautiful, pristine, white tableau set out first thing on a snowy day. Heck, our leaves don't even really change color here. They sort of get tired out one day and all land on the ground at once. Bizarre stuff.

The girls have appointments with therapists this morning (leftover CPS stuff), and instead of zooming from there to school, I decided to take a bit of a break for myself today. I haven't taken a personal day yet, and I need some prep time for my next big Canterbury Tales unit. I set the substitute up with all sorts of work I don't need to be there for, and I'm going to have a little bit of ME time here at home. Wheeee! I feel kind of guilty, like I'm playing hookie or something. Never did that while I was a student, guess I should see what it feels like now? :lol:

Andria

ceara
11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, yes. I am doing what they call "specialling" a dog. The dog is a finished AKC champion, so you enter in Breed only and rack up breed and group points. WHY? Some days I wonder. We have her in the top ten I believe by some systems and in the top 20 in the breed....for competition next October at the Bouvier National levels. It does keep me busy. And out of the pantry!

Got stitches out today and worked a 3 hour supply shift. I have 3.5 hours in my own workplace this evening. 2 loads of laundry going and dogs are out between rain showers. It is quite warm here.

Andria! Excellent work...you must be estactic!

Arabella....your ticker is decreasing too....YES!

'K...gotta go!

Kaylets
11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Hello alll!

LOVE the new thread! Yes.... a march to good things.....I would like a bucket of good things please.....

Anagram! Was it lasik surgery? SO glad to hear you are doing so well.
That's a good thing to put in my bucket!

Ceara! Your specialling dog sounds like a good thing too! I will put that in my bucket too!

Andria! Getting stronger is ALWAYS a good thing! That's going in the bucket too!

WSW! Hears to hoping your heat pump is working just fine..... Its time you had some good luck your way!

WoodNymph! Ticker going down is ALWAYS a good thing... My bucket is nearly 3/4 full now!

Do I have any of my own good news? Well, a little..... I was able to use 2 $5 coupons on two grocery orders.... You had to spend $50 to get th $5 off but Ground Beef was $1.99/lb which is a pretty good price in this kingdom so I have lots in the freezer. I enjoy an almost full freezer. It just does something for me.

I am still plugging away. Trying to stay on top of what I can control, and not paying too much attention to what I can't.

Easier said than done but I really need to make some space between me and stress. I've been broken out for about 2 weeks now and belive me, its not pretty.

Here's what this morning's Thought of the day was:

Lucky Dog....

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.' Lucky was a real character. Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy. Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys. Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease . . . in fact, she was just sure it was fatal.

She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders. The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought struck her . . . what would happen to Lucky? Although the three-year-old dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through. If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought. He won't understand that I didn't want to leave him. The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital. When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom. Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap. Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called. It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed.

When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot. But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem. She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned! While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life. He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and Lucky began living again, walking further and further together every day. It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free. Lucky? He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

I have to go fill up my Good Thing Bucket.......

Kaylets
11-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Happy Tuesday Royals!!!!

Here's today's Good Morning Thought:

Thought of the day:

"Do something for somebody every day for which you don't get paid."
- Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, musicologist, doctor

Question of the day:

"When is the last time someone held a door for you?"

Today's Interesting Fact:

Imagine a water bottle filled a quarter of the way up with oil. That's about how much oil was needed to produce the bottle.
-- National Geographic

DH has an all day meeting with all the other supervisors and managers. The purpose has not been explained. He is stressing.

I meanwhile, am going to hope for the best and wait until he calls me b/4 I start to worry too......

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the time change!!!
(Let me put that in the bucket!)

:hug:

ceara
11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Beautiful day out there...think I am going to walk a fair bit, and maybe woggle? My breathing muscles have recovered from the damage I did by not breathing correctly...I would rather have another child than go through that pain again!

Kay....sending good vibes your way for the day! I like the dog story....

Right. If I am ever going to get anything done....I need to boogie.

:wave: to all :queen:s. Have a great day!

Kaylets
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Hello all!

Well, DH's meeting was about Labor Unions. And luckily, the 8 hr meeting was reduced to 4 hrs.... DH called me about an houir into the meeting and he was very much relieved.

That was a good one for the Bucket. Less stress is always a good thing!

Took us longer to get to the poll than to vote which is also a good thing .....putting that in the Good Thing Bucket.

Ceara-- Here's to your walk and continued convalesence.(Spelling)... I have to go back see what you did ..... stiches and breathing .... YIKES...

Until morning!

Kaylets
11-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Hello all!

Wonderful Wednesday and all that.................

Here's today's Thought of the Day:

Thought of the day:

"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."

- Flora Whittemore

Question of the day:

"Do you believe in the 7 second rule? ( That food on the ground ohly 7 seconds is still safe to eat.)

:hug:,

ceara
11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Mornin'! :cool:

Good news on the meeting Kaylets. In this climate.....

Had another really good day yesterday....found myself cruising in the fridge/pantry last night though....hadn't eaten enough during the day. Topped up on the calories, then went into the tub and read. My standard way of coping with this. I still didn't sleep all that well though. We'll see what tonight brings. :dancer:

The weather has been very warm here....almost need to get out my shorts again :D I'm sure it won't last though. The nights are cool. :brr:

Alrighty...I have a brekkie set up with the parentals, and stuff to do...ironing and toenails! I know...:?: what a pair....so I must be off....

Have a great day ladies! :flow2:

Arabella
11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
GET IT AWAY FROM ME, I said. Yup, I succumbed, 2 days in a row. And felt horrible. :shrug: And like I was in danger of regaining all the weight I'd lost. Those darn slippery slopes.

Anyway, it's gone. And I've pulled up out of that downward spiral.

Feeling wiped and under the weather, a little stressed. Which is probably what led to the issues. But these things happen and I can't let them derail me.

Oops, sorry for the me-me-me fly-by but I've got to finish up work for the day and then try to relax a little.

Take care, all!

Kaylets
11-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Good Morning all!

WoodNymph, GOOD FOR YOU pulling up out of the spiral!! Sometimes just pointing the other direction is enough to change the momentum..... I can so, so relate to that feeling.....

Ceara--- Soaking in a hot tub is SUCH A GREAT IDEA..... I think the sensory change makes a big difference....it seems to distract and gives a chance to refocus......

Well, Queenlies, you have both set the tone for my morning, thanks for two Good Things for My Bucket.....I need to do the same for someone else.... Sneak some Good Things in their bucket without them realizing what I'm up to......

Here's something fun if you have an extra minute or two.....

Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your Friends. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you.
The theory is that you will learn a lot o f little things about your friends that you might not have known!

1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:30-4:45

2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Underdog!

4. What is your favorite TV show? ER--- Last season!

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Toast w/ Peanut butter or cottage cheese with cinammon

6. What is your middle name? Marie

7. What food do you dislike? Anything thing too greasy or too spicy

8. What is your favorite CD at moment? I listen to lots of Chris Botti, and lots of Soft Jazz

9. What kind of car do you drive? Ford Focus

10. Favorite sandwich? Chicken Salad on Rye

11. What characteristic do you despise? Control Freaks

12. Favorite item of clothing? Anything Comfortable

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Grand Canyon

14. Favorite brand of clothing? Hmmmmmmm

15. Where would you retire? Will I retire is more the question!

16.What was your most recent memorable birthday?

17. Favorite sport to watch? Figure skating

18. Furthest place you are sending this? FL

19. Person you expect to send it back first? Hmmmmmmmm

20. When is your birthday? July 5

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? morning

22. What is your shoe size? 8 1/2 W--- in a well made shoe 8W

23. Pets? Dog--Lady

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Most exciting thing for me is already on the news; so I have been looking for dull and boring......

25. What did you want to be when you were little? A famous singer

26. How are you today? All in all, I feel good.

27. What is your favorite candy?

28. What is your favorite flower? Blue Iris

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Thanksgiving and Christmas. Spend the day with the family.

30. What is your favorite pastime? being with the family

31. What are you listening to right now? XM radio-- Watercolers

32. What was the last thing you ate? A Snickers Bar

33. Do you wish on stars? Sure
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? A great shade of blue

35. How is the weather right now? rain is coming

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My husband

37. Favorite soft drink? Root beer

38. Favorite restaurant? My husband cooks better than most all of the places we've been....But we do go to Arners often

39. Real hair color? blonde ---now with some red

40. What was your favorite toy as a child? Farm house

41. Summer or winter? summer

42. Hugs or kisses? both

43. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate

44. Coffee or tea? Coffee first in the morning, then tea

45. Do you want your friends to email you back? .yes

46. When was the last time you cried? Today as a coworker told me about her son's passing

47. What is under your bed? I would have to check

Here we go Thursday, here we go!

:hug::hug:

ceara
11-06-2008, 08:03 AM
:dust:Yes, Arabella. You were off the track for an instant. But the wolf didn't get you! Put your little red hood back on, gather Grammies' goodies and continue on your way. You are doing great!

I wonder if the phase of the moon has something to do with that...I was not at my most stellar yesterday either!

So, how are you all doing?

:wave:

Arabella
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
K, one good day in. Now to get a string of same going. I'm feeling better today, thank goodness. I really want to get to sound yoga and tai chi tonight but I must say a nap is sounding good now, post-lunch. :yawn:

Ceara, :drill: Sir, yes, sir! Did so. You're right - a couple of bad afternoons won't do it, just if I use them as a slippery slope and hop on the flexible flyer. Wheeeeeeee!!!! Nope, just kidding. We all know what's at the bottom of that hill. :shocksn:

Loved the Little Red Riding Hood theme.

I went back through the posts trying to figure out what you were getting stitches out from and the problem from not breathing properly and I can't figure it out! What were the problems and how are you doing?

Kaylets, whew! That's quite a list. Lemmee see...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:30

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I can't even remember but we're seeing "Ghost Town" on Saturday and going out to dinner before. :)

4. What is your favorite TV show? I love "Ghostly Encounters," "Rescue Mediums" and "X-Weighted."

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal made from steel-cut oats, with fruit and yogurt

6. What is your middle name? Elaine

7. What food do you dislike? Liver tops the list! Although I do like chicken livers wrapped in bacon...

8. What is your favorite CD at moment? An Alice Coltrane CD.

9. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Corolla

10. Favorite sandwich? I adore sandwiches in general, problematic since I can't really eat wheat. Maybe tuna.

11. What characteristic do you despise? Meanness.

12. Favorite item of clothing? A silvery-grey chenille v-neck sweater.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Somewhere with fabulous beaches.

14. Favorite brand of clothing? I really like Eileen Fisher but only have any if i come across it second-hand.

15. Where would you retire? I'll be staying here but probably not retiring. Just writing more things that I want to write myself.

16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? This year was pretty good. We were in Colorado for DH's family reunion. Started the day with a run on mountain trails, followed by yoga class and then a swim and sauna. In the afternoon we took a chairlift up, waaaaaaaay up to the top of a mountain. In the evening we went to a party with lots of fun relatives and dancing.

17. Favorite sport to watch? gymnastics

18. Furthest place you are sending this? Not sending it anywhere, just posting.

19. Person you expect to send it back first? See above.

20. When is your birthday? July 18

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? morning, by circumstance. If I had my way, I'd be up early, have a nap in the afternoon and then stay up late.

22. What is your shoe size? 9

23. Pets? I have cats, always, but adore dogs.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Big choir concerts coming up

25. What did you want to be when you were little? A journalist, I think. I remember "interviewing" people.

26. How are you today? Pretty good.

27. What is your favorite candy? Chocolate, good chocolate (despite recent behavior)

28. What is your favorite flower? Ruffly magenta-colored double wild roses.

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Christmas.

30. What is your favorite pastime? Singing

31. What are you listening to right now? Quiet!

32. What was the last thing you ate? Oatmeal with yogurt

33. Do you wish on stars? Sure
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Deep coral

35. How is the weather right now? Mild, sunny and hazy

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? Have not been on the phone today

37. Favorite soft drink? If juice counts, pink grapefruit juice. I don't really drink soda.

38. Favorite restaurant? The Dunes -- great place with fabulous gardens with statuary and excellent food.

39. Real hair color? very dark brown with a bit of streaky grey.

40. What was your favorite toy as a child? A "Tressie" doll with hair that you could "grow" or shorten.

42. Hugs or kisses? Real kisses? I gotta go with those... been a while, though, sad to say. I remember an ad for pots and pans: An older lady, saying "Kissin' don't last. Cookery do." Sadly seems to be true.

44. Coffee or tea? Tea first thing, coffee later in the morning and then herbal tea in the afternoon.

45. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes.

46. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday, when I saw the election results. Actually, today, when I got choked up again thinking about it. :rolleyes:

47. What is under your bed? Um, shoes of various descriptions, an exercise step and a mini:trampo: All cavorting with dust bunnies.

:queen:lies, let's take this day and make the most of it. Huzzah!

Kaylets
11-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Hello all!

Honey, its Friday!!!

Yes, Ceara, I can't find it either...Please tell again... why did you need stitches?

WoodNymph..... You've been eating Oatmeal a long time now.... I can only eat it at night....or I am consumed by cravngs for more, more, more....'

But a little bit b/4 bed might be a perfect idea!

Hello to everyone! This post has been open all night so I might have missed someone who posted then.... :)

Here's the Friday thought:

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her

someplace expensive.....so, I took her to a gas station..... and

that's how the fight started....

I tried to talk my wife into buyin g a case of Miller Light for

$14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95. I told her

the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream. And

that's how the fight started.

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for

Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me for my

driver's license to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and

realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was

very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later. The

woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'. So I opened my shirt revealing my

curly silver hair. S he said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof

enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application. When

I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the

Social Security office. She said, 'You should have dropped your

pants. You might have gotten disability, too'. And that's how the

fight started.....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and

I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone

at a nearby table. My wife asked, 'Do you know her?' 'Yes,' I sighed,

'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right

after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been

sober since.' 'My Gawd!' says my wife, 'Who would think a person

could go on celebrating that long?'

And that's how the fight started......

I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road

and slowly the other driver g ot out of his car. You know how

sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem

funny? Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... he was a DWARF!!! He

stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, 'I AM NOT

HAPPY!!!' So, I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one

are you?' And that's how the fight started.....

I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my

order first. 'I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please.' He

said, 'Aren't you worried about the mad cow?' 'Nah, she can order for

herself.'

And that's how the fight started......

Here we go Friday, Here we go!

Arabella
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
And I'm still on the wagon, not down the slippery slope. Huzzah! Got in all my steps, ate lightly and healthfully. Got to tai chi, although skipped sound yoga. Just felt like it would be too much, and, given by how wiped I was when I got home from tai chi, that was a wise decision.

I just got back from WW, where I faced up to the music, to the tune of two pounds. Well, I'm sure they're not real and will be gone soon. :carrot:

I feel good about having gone instead of lurking at home kidding myself that I'd take the weight off and more and go to WW NEXT week. Not going that route again.

Kaylets, :lol3: Those were hilarious!

The oatmeal I eat is very chewy, high fiber stuff -- steel cut oats, with no sugar and with a good dollop of yogurt so it's got a little fat and protein included. I find it keeps me satisfied right through to lunch. This week I'm going to focus on chewing it more instead of bolting it down, which would be a good thing too, I'm thinking.

I found a rice blend at our bulk store called "Aztec blend" -- SO good! Various colored rice with red lentils, split peas and a few unidentified items. But lots of color and so chewy and satisfying. I haven't canvassed DH yet to see if he liked it though...

Ha yeah, 'tis Friday in the Palace. Let's make it a good one! :wave:

Arabella
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Where beith all mine :queen:ly playmates?

Having a good day here -- woods woggle, tai chi class, walking in the unseasonably mild November air.

Kaylets, I've got two good things for your bucket:

I'm back to ticker AND I got in over my 12,500 steps average for October. I should make 10,000 average for the year and then I'll increase for next year.

More goodness: Dinner and a movie tonight -- no cooking and an outing!

I'm a happy :queen: Only thing missing is you. C'mon in and post -- you know how I worry!

K, Dollings, let's make this a good one!

wsw
11-08-2008, 07:33 PM
i am woefully behind. i think a while back i said i would return with personal responses, and never did. sorry about that! it wasn't because i haven't been thinking about you all, though, and missing you---because i certainly have! lots of ms technical difficulties here. ah well.

andria-i am glad that wringer you were put through by cps is way behind you now. so sorry to hear that you had to go through that at all. must have been wildly stressful.

anagram-glad indeed to hear eye surgery was so successful. your recent hair color change sounded fun. my hair is very dark brown (well, it used to be, anyway before i started coloring it 5 years ago when i began seeing touches of gray.) i am about ready for a color job soon, and always thought it would be fun to go to a bit different shade but don't think i could make too much of a change without it looking odd on me. however, my hair just looks so dull lately--i do need some change---hmm.

kat- glad that sis is doing well. thinking of you!

kaylets-love that idea of a good thing bucket. makes me smile thinking of it.

ceara-you sure have been busy with traveling and showing royal dog. congrats on winning the breed. it must be such a neat atmosphere at dog shows. glad your stiches are out!

arabella-good for you being on proverbial wagon and not down slippery slope, going to ww even on day when didn't think would be a loss, being back at ticker weight, and all the steps you averaged for october. huzzah! have fun at dinner and movie tonight.

so much more to respond to, but just know you are never far from my thoughts, queenlies, even when i can't get in here to post.

i am fine, but on thurs. afternoon, while i was in a store, i fell. what a pain, literally and figuratively. banged up my left leg big time-knee, shin, etc. fortunately, though, no fractures, so i am very grateful. i was embarrassed and in pain, and briefly while still on the floor, was a little worried i wouldn't be able to get up on my own steam (meaning with help, that is.) a very nice(and fortunately, strong-lol) man helped me up, and before that was giving me time to collect myelf, asking if i was ok, needed medical help, wanted him to call someone, etc. i was really glad when, with his kind help, i could get up and out of that store on my own steam. i only live a couple of minutes from this store, so an easy drive. when i got home, though, i started crying. my leg and my pride---both hurting. i always walk with a cane, which i was doing, but it was a good reminder (well, not good---helpful) that i need to use my walker more when i am out and about, and especially on my own with no buddy to hang on to. yesterday, i called doc and she had me come in to check out my leg and have it x-rayed. very glad-- no fracture. the gentleman doing the x-rays was very nice too and gentle with me, plus also strong, helping me on to and off machine, moving my leg, etc. i am not exactly a dainty flower, so i was impressed with how the fellow on thurs was able to hoist me up from the floor as though i were. :) can you believe it-the nurse at doc's office yesterday had the gall to weigh me before the doc came in! with my leg in bad shape, and it being in the afternoon after i already had breakfast and lunch. i said that was rather cruel and unusual purnishment, was it not, but she didn't seem to have any sense of humor(but was nice, though.) she said i could refuse, if i wanted to. i just smiled and said, it was ok, not to worry. the only good news about that is that i have finally lost a pound after a very, very long time. have stayed op pretty well too. now time to kick things in to higher gear, though. hopefully, this is the last time i fall in public, but definitely want to be lighter if ever such a thing were to happen again.( it had better not, though!!) :) (my leg or legs just sometimes give out on me because of ms, and i don't have warning.)

well, i sure have blathered on and on. i really am good, though. i have to keep my leg elevated and stay out of mischief for a few days, which i think i can manage. my leg is swollen and hurts like you know what, so not really tempted to make a run for it at this moment, anyway. i had a nice brunch and visit with a couple friends last sunday, and on tues, went to a lovely party at best friend's home. he and his wife are "the hosts with the mosts." well, dear royals, i have missed you lots. hope everyone has a good evening. take care, all.

wsw
11-08-2008, 07:38 PM
2008 edition of getting to know your Friends:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6am (not on purpose, though.)

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? has been so long, can't even remember.

4. What is your favorite TV show? eli stone.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? oatmeal, o.j.

6. What is your middle name? sue.

7. What food do you dislike? liver.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment? al green greatest hits.

9. What kind of car do you drive? hyundai elantra.

10. Favorite sandwich? tuna.

11. What characteristic do you despise? intolerance.

12. Favorite item of clothing? navy blue sweatshirt.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? greece.

14. Favorite brand of clothing? in fantasy life--armani. in real life--whatever clothes are on sale.

15. Where would you retire? carmel, ca.

16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? 50th--5 yrs. ago. was given a wonderful surprise birthday party with lots of wonderful friends in person, and lovely letters which had been collected for me from out-of-town friends.

17. Favorite sport to watch? tennis.

18. Furthest place you are sending this? just posting here.

19. Person you expect to send it back first? see above.

20. When is your birthday? march 4.

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? night.

22. What is your shoe size? 8

23. Pets? none, sadly. love big, cuddly dogs.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?

25. What did you want to be when you were little? actress.

26. How are you today? good.

27. What is your favorite candy? dark chocolate.

28. What is your favorite flower? gardenia.

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?

30. What is your favorite pastime? reading.

31. What are you listening to right now? billie holiday.

32. What was the last thing you ate? turkey, harvarti, tomato sandwich; apple.

33. Do you wish on stars? absolutely.
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? cerrulean blue.

35. How is the weather right now? nice-warm.

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? my best friend, ted (the one who lived in nairobi for 7 months at one point.)

37. Favorite soft drink? perrier. (when used to drink cafeine-diet coke.)

38. Favorite restaurant? fearrington house-looks like a beautiful old house with a wrap around porch. exquisite food.

39. Real hair color? very dark brown and gray.

40. What was your favorite toy as a child? tea set. made all my bears, dolls, and friends have tea parties with me.

42. Hugs or kisses? hugs (but love good kisses, of course.)

44. Coffee or tea? Tea

45. Do you want your friends to email you back? yes.

46. When was the last time you cried? thurs-when i got home after falling in a store.

47. What is under your bed? nothing--no storage room underneath, and couldn't get to it, even if there were.

Arabella
11-09-2008, 07:47 AM
I got to move my ticker today!!! :carrot: :carrot: There's the last of the poundage from last M-Tues gone and an other half-pound for good measure. And I've got to Friday to get more off. This is the MONTH!!! :woohoo:

I got about 17,000 steps yesterday plus tai chi class. By the time we walked home from the movie I was definitely ready to crawl into bed. Dinner was really good -- Caesar salad with a lightish dressing and herb-roasted chicken with mushroom risotto and brocolli. Two nice glasses of Shiraz. A two-inch piece of a skinny whole-wheat baguette slice with herbed butter.

The movie was really good too, funny, thought-provoking and touching. "Ghost Town" -- highly recommended!

Tonight's dinner at SILs -- I'm ready on the food front. Now just have to make sure not to drink too much, which is the challenge there.

WSW, my friend! How lovely to see such a nice long post from you, although I'm very sorry about your fall. You're right -- you need to use your walker more to be safe. :hug: I'd almost think it would be worth it to be picked up by a nice, strong man as if I were a dainty thing ... but maybe that's just me. ;)

I loved reading your responses to the questions!

Okey-doke. I must get back into my sneakers and go out for our long Sunday walk. Walkin', walkin', walkin'.

Any more :queen:ly folk about? :listen:

Let's take this day we've been given and make it work for us!

wsw
11-09-2008, 12:47 PM
arabella-congrats on lbs. down, and all those steps yesterday!!!! woo-hoo! i'm with you---this is the month. thanks for starting this thread too. hope dinner tonight at sil's is pleasant.

i am recomitting to my plan with new vim and vigor:
-continue to eat healthfully and daintily
-continue with exercise program
-write down food daily
-continue with daily meditation
-more--and improved-- work on self-esteem
-definitely, have more fun!
-step out of my comfort zone a bit more and expand my horizons

well, for now, i think that seems like a plan i can succeed with. need to go put leg up for a while, and maybe catch up on some letter-writing. hope everyone has a good day in the sunday palace.

Arabella
11-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Fly-by bump-up report:

I managed to limit myself to two glasses of wine at SIL's last night. Huzzah!

Oh, where beith all other :queen:ly folk?

Let's take this day we've been given and make it work for us! :dancer:

ceara
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Dog Show! Gone all week-end, and am up 1 stinking pound. Off shortly for a walk. It was probably the oatmeal to go bars (2 of them, 200 cal each) while driving and the kahlua and chocolate covered almonds when I got home. The roads were a little dicey. A little stressed, shall we say! I did stop the almond binge though.

wsw, great to see you back....sorry to hear of your mishap. I hope you mend well.

Arabella...good work on the ticker. I've not had alcohol since the last Sunday in September...before last night. Wine sounds good.... You have a couple performances coming up right?

Stitches....I had a mole removed from the center of my back. A new one, irregular edges. Path not back yet...of course. If I'd had a plastic surgeon do it and it was non-cancerous (like you can tell without a biopsy) it would have been a 400 dollar charge. GP's office, 3 stitches and likely a scar...it is in the middle of my back, not my forehead, ....free. The minute a specialist gets you, it becomes cosmetic and you are charged if there is no cancer.

Chest pain. I have been upping my running portions of the woggle, and trying a different form. Well, I was paying so much attention to the form...where my feet fell, where my weight was, body posture etc, that I was really holding my upper torso stiff and could not diaphramatically breathe. So I was chest breathing....for a few days in a row. Those little respiratory muscles up there in your collar bone area cannot lift all that bone so much and they protested....very vocally. I would rather have another child than that pain again. I could not do anything...lift, carry....whatever. I looked like I was going to pass out at work...I was a little grey I guess. And I felt like I would burst into tears at the slightest thing....I don't know how people deal with chronic pain. At least this healed and went away!

So, a new week begins. I must go and wash my dog, and walk and do laundry....etc....so must be off! I will do that quiz thingy later!

Kaylets
11-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Hello all!

Small family issues kept me away.....

WSW! So glad your fall was more embarrassing than anything else.... I am a very clumsy person and always wind up falling in front of an audience of people I am trying to impress...... It makes for a redfaced moment!

Ceara! Thanks for the update... I knew I missed something...and that;s a good tip about the mole... I will remember NOT to go to plastic surgeon.....
And that pound will be gone soon!

WoodNymph! Congrats on your pound down! And good for you taking control at the party!

Thought of the day:

'If you spend too much time working on your weaknesses, all you end up with is a lot of strong weaknesses."
- Dan Sullivan, business coach

Question of the day:

"How much was gas last time you bought it?"

Terriffic Tuesday Tip---- Your Mom was right, you better take a sweater!

"Are you on a high-speed chase for lower energy bills?
Pullover. Either put one on or take one off, that is. Instead of reaching for the heat or A/C switch, regulate your temp by wearing layers, and get the energy-bill pigs (not to mention CO2 emissions) off your tail.
The Benefits
Bill savings at home. Wearing appropriate clothes avoids indecent exposure to the elements and can save you $250 per year.
Less CO2. Adopting this tip helps avoid 1,000 lb of CO2 person, per year.
Less nagging. Wearing layers when you go to your BFF's or the office means you won't have to ask if you can turn the A/C up or down depending on the outfit you're wearing."
From The Ideal Bite

ceara
11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Harry Potter...the last one.

4. What is your favourite TV show? I like CIS, Numbers, NCIS, The Unit.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal, Yogurt, coffee and a fruit.

6. What is your middle name? Anne

7. What food do you dislike? None...that is the problem. I am not overly fond of squid...texture issues.

8. What is your favourite CD at moment? None.

9. What kind of car do you drive? Windstar - Ford.

10. Favourite sandwich? peanut butter and banana on WW.

11. What characteristic do you despise? Pettiness.

12. Favourite item of clothing? Comfy jeans.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Alaska...I want to see it.

14. Favourite brand of clothing? None....I buy what fits the purpose.

15. Where would you retire? ? Never thought of it.

16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? 50th - surprise party.

17. Favourite sport to watch? figure skating

18. Furthest place you are sending this? Dunno...:?:

19. Person you expect to send it back first? See above.

20. When is your birthday? June 23

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning definitely.

22. What is your shoe size? 8, 8.5 or 9 Depends on the manufacturer and the width.

23. Pets? I have dogs.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Just doing well at dog shows.

25. What did you want to be when you were little? Archeologist....can' spell

26. How are you today? Fine.

27. What is your favourite candy? Any.

28. What is your favourite flower? Pansy.

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Weekends, I don't have to work!

30. What is your favourite pastime? Reading

31. What are you listening to right now? Quiet. And a couple BOD in the car.

32. What was the last thing you ate? Coffee/cream.

33. Do you wish on stars? No, but i admire them.
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Royal blue.

35. How is the weather right now? Chilly, sunny and crisp.

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My dad.

37. Favourite soft drink? None.

38. Favourite restaurant? Good chinese ones.

39. Real hair color? As it is...blonde with white/grey highlights.

40. What was your favourite toy as a child? I don't recall carrying one around.

41. Summer or winter? winter

42. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

44. Coffee or tea? coffee in the morning and then maybe tea in the afternoon.

45. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes.

46. When was the last time you cried? Don't remember...

47. What is under your bed? Likely a pair of shoes, and hair bunnies.

Well, Kay....that is how it is here in Canada....maybe different in your neck of the woods.

Am off....Dad's BD today and I have a brekkie engagement.

Arabella
11-11-2008, 08:54 AM
I would say :hyper: but in fact :tired: is more like it. I did get a good night's sleep last night but I've got some bit of something that makes for fatigue and a little tummy ache. And I guess I've been on the go a lot too. I'll be happy to get through this concert and move on to The Messiah. Next on my big to-do list is learning to read music so I'll be able to practice more effectively when I haven't got a practice CD.

My concert outfit is slightly too big, although wearable. The skirt was a bit snug around the hips last December and I couldn't quite wear the blouse. By spring concert the skirt fit almost properly and the blouse was just wearable. Now they're a little on the floppy side. I may have to shop before The Messiah. :)

Kaylets, you reminded me of a spectacular fall from my waitressing days. I was coming through the doorway from the kitchen to the dining room with several plates of food, slipped on something and fell, feet first, skirt rucked up and food flying all over. How's that for embarrassing? :lol3:

Ceara, wow, that sounds like a terrible pain that you wouldn't expect to happen over the course of a few days. Wow -- breathing is so important! I'm still trying to remind myself a few times through the day to take a few deep, slow breaths. Helps everything.

Yes, tonight we've got the Remembrance Day concert and on December 7th we do The Messiah. Practicing for the latter has been such a joy -- I actually started mid-summer.

K, I should get out for my woggle so I can get back.

Let's make this a good one!

anagram
11-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Ack - apologizing for the neglect, Royals. Just general business. Lots of family around the area in recent days. Two cousings from MA overnighted with me last night - had a ball and other family members in to see them. They're coming back Friday night on their way back north.

And getting together with some others tomorrow night. Plus bro from Alaska in the area for next few days . Hoping he'll join group tomorow.

I've been holding about the same but noting that I'm feeling a bit more fit (long way to go, of course).

Nope, Kaylets, it was cataract surgery. Second one next week.

Totally sleepless tonight. Think I'm just too revved up. Was very tired this afternoon - didn't sleep but did spend a good while "resting" so I'm up in the middle of the night without even an initial sleep. I'll pay today!

However, the world looks very bright to me ;) so I'm wishing the same to y'all. Sorry for the me, me,me. I did browse posts but am too antsy to sit here much longer (unusual for this slug).

WOO, WOO, WEDNESDAY!!!!

Kaylets
11-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Hello all

A true fly by this morning!!

Thought of the day:

"Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life."
Sophia Loren

Question of the day:

"When is the last time you were lost? Did you use a map or ask for directions?

Arabella
11-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I have to say, I wasn't very happy with my performance last night. Not confident enough to sing very loudly because I had no one to my left and to my right I had an excellent singer. I didn't want to sing badly into her ear, because that's the way we were facing. See now, if she'd been on my left side, things would have been okay.

Nevertheless, it makes me feel like I want to learn this stuff well enough to be able to sing it out and sing it well. I'm okay for the Messiah because I can sing along to the practice CD and memorize it. But it's high time I learned to read music and plunk the keyboard and that's next up on my list. :yes:

Anagram, thanks for stopping in! I was starting to get worried. Glad you had such a good time with the cuzzes. What a gift!

Kaylets, I'm a bad one for getting lost. I typically think I know the way but tend to forget a detail or two. I'm getting a little better -- usually remember to take directions and/or a map.

Ceara, I wanted to be an archaeologist for a while too, now that I think of it. A couple of my ancestors -- husband and wife, as I recall -- were archaeologists. I wore a hair comb that came back from Egypt for the "something old" at my first wedding.

K, I've got to run out to the store before DH gets home for lunch.

Let's make this a good one!

Kaylets
11-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Good Morning all!

Another drive by!

Thoght of the day;

"Your world is as big as you make it."
Georgia Douglas Johnson

Question of the day:

"What is your best source of information?"

ceara
11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I need to get my head in gear. Been far off the beaten track this week. Today is Day 1 of exemplary behaviour!

wsw
11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
hi all! i have a kidney infection again, so i'm a bit more tired than usual. i am having dinner with good friends tonight, which will be fun. they are delightful, and we laugh a lot, so who can ask for more than that?! i wanted to get my condo. a bit tidier, but i don't seem to have too much energy, so i will just have to let it be in its less than usual stellar state, and be o.k. enough with that. seeing my friends is what is important, and they certainly don't care what my condo looks like. have been able to eat daintily, and do as much exercising as possible, and will be able to get back up to speed with that soon, too.

hi kaylets, ceara, anagram, arabella, kat, and andria! :) thinking of you all, lovely royals. take care.

Arabella
11-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm definitely down from last Friday but, as so often seems to happen, the low point of my week so far was early in the week. I'm hoping to get back and lower for tomorrow. :crossed: My diet's been good. I took a day of lighter exercise yesterday but feel pretty much back to normal today.

Funny kind of day yesterday -- I kept feeling kind-of off-balance. Not depressed or anxious but just a bit strange. Anyway, I just hung with the feeling, kept busy. No "eat away the feelings" feeding.

WSW, enjoy your dinner tonight! You're right -- and this is something I remind myself of when friends are coming -- they aren't coming to see how tidy your place is. Sending healing vibes for that infection. Laughs with your friends might be the best medicine.

Ceara :woohoo: Back on track! You're a dynamo!

Kaylets, my best source of information is, I hate to say it, the Internet. It's come a long way! A lot of my job is research and I'm always looking for some kind of information.

I got my new flannelette sheets and PJs today! Washed them, dried them and now have them out on the line to pick up some fresh air smell. It will be a cozy bed tonight! :)

Late in the day -- have a lovely evening and sweet dreams, :queen:lies!

wsw
11-16-2008, 09:45 PM
kaylets- i really like that recent thought of the day:
"Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life."
Sophia Loren.

anagram-glad you enjoyed recent visit with the cousins.

ceara-i need to get back to "exemplary behavior," as you have done---kudos! have been pretty good, but since need to kick things in to high gear, i will borrow your phrase, and shoot for some exemplary behavior of my own.

arabella-those flanelette sheets and pj's sound very cozy. inspired me to get a flannel nightgown, which i hadn't had in years, and i love it--very warm and cuddly.

hi kat! hello andria! thinking of you.

i did have fun with my friends on thurs. night. it was such a nice visit. they didn't even notice my place was not its usual tip-top shape when they came over, and by the time they had arrived, it was no longer bothering me either. :) we had a nice dinner at one of my favorite restaurants near here.

my leg and ankle are still pretty sore and swollen, so can't get back to full tilt exercise program yet, but doing what i can. today, did not eat as daintily as i would have liked, so tomorrow, will cut back on portions a bit. well, have a good evening, everyone. take care.

anagram
11-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Hmmm - I had written another post betwixt the last one that's here and now but it seems to have disappeared. That hasn't happened in a long time. I was writing in the midst of a sleepless night and mayhap just pressed a wrong key. Too bad - you gals missed some erudite stuff (not) ;)

Sleepless night again tonight - don't know what's up lately. Having very good days (and nights) and then suddenly another one of these really wide awake ones. I don't mind being awake - I tend to get up and get a lot of little things done - it's the next day!!!!! Drag, drag, drag.

Cousins were back again Friday night - more fun. Niece was in from Portland so there was another evening out. Bro is in from Alaska but his time was short and I haven't seen him this time. Has just been a busy time but I've been feeling more fit and that's helped. Got in two tai chis, some gym time and several very nice walks last week.

ceara, on one of my walks I met a local Bouvier (at least that's what his "daddy" said he was). A big fellow but well behaved. He was enjoying a walk in the dusky mist too.

I've managed to pass along another free item or so on craigslist so a little more progress there. And I just wrote up my Thanksgiving day menu. Just planning on the seven of us.

wsw, hope that infection is leaving you and that the knee and leg heal soon as well. Flannel jammies are my thing now. I bought a pair last year and they're sort of so fun - pink with skiing bears and penguins. Make me feel like a kid. I've been a flannel nightgown gal for years but those jammies just might bode well for future choices.

Right eye doing very well - hoping for as good a result on left eye which is being done Wednesday. A luncheon tomorrow - sort of a "ta-da" one and I'm sort of regretting my decision to go. Maybe it will turn out to be just what I need in some way or another.

I feel like I'm eating ever more healthy but I just still eat too durn much. This was about the time I had hoped to be in Onederland and I'm still floating in the same rough territory - maybe down 2 lbs from start of last challenge.

I KNOW I CAN DO BETTER - I KNOW I CAN - I KNOW I CAN.

Arabella
11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, this definitely feels like a cold. DGS had one, so not surprising I guess. I told coworkers that I would be in and out of the office today so now all I have to do is follow through instead of chaining myself to the computer and spending the day here anyway.

I`ve been mostly doing well, diet-wise, but yesterday afternoon bought and ate two 100 gm chocolate bars. That`s a half pound of chocolate. In one sitting.

I was surprised to see my weight was back down almost to ticker today, 204.8. Probably would have been under ticker if not for yesterday`s splurge.

Anagram, your PJs sound cute! I`m enjoying mine too, although they`re just blue with snowflakes. I lost a post yesterday too -- had it partially written and then inadvertently closed the window. Hope your luncheon IS just what you need in some way or another. And sending goodvibes for your procedure tomorrow! :goodvibes:

WSW, me too on the exemplary behavior. I was thrilled to see that I`d come through without penalty this a.m. anyway. Glad you had such a nice evening with your friends. Hope infection`s gone and leg and ankle back to normal SOON!

K, :queen:lies, let`s take this day and make the most of it!

wsw
11-18-2008, 07:47 PM
anagram-your jammies sound so fun. after enjoying my new flannel nightgown, i just may have to check out some jammies too, and dare i say it---with some fun print, also. hope you enjoyed luncheon, and that it was indeed what you needed in some way or another. i hope your procedure goes well tomorrow, and proves as good a result for this eye, as it was for other eye! :)

arabella-sorry you're not feeling well. hope you feel better soon. sure understand about that chocolate bar attack, and glad it caused no damage. sometimes i just want comfort food, especially when not feeling well.

it was so cold here today. i had to go out, or believe me, would have remained bundled up indoors. there was some snow, which i was very unhappy to see. it wasn't sticking while i was out, and glad to make it home before that happened. it's not the driving that would worry me, but rather, walking on anything slippery--not so good for me. especially after recent fall, i don't want to literally add insult to injury. my leg was really hurting today, and is still swollen, so i couldn't get in to my regular shoes. my old boots worked just fine, though, and was actually glad i had worn them not only to be a little more sure-footed, but also because it was so cold out. i think i have been in denial, because i hadn't gotten out all my winter clothes out, but when i got home this afternoon, i remedied that. my closet is now winter-ready (unlike me.) i still cannot believe what a winter-wuss i am. after all, i grew up in minnesota, but i am clearly california by nature (and temperature.) no wonder the first chance i had to get away from mn winters, i went to college in ca.

was a little more exemplary today with food plan. i can be more consistent though, and will do this. i am re-re-re committing to a higher-geared, more successful plan. i have been at 229 for a very long time now, and will do whatever i need to(healthfully, of course) so that scale moves downward.

greetings to all our lovely royals! have a good evening.

Arabella
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Okey-doke. I may be sick but I can still manage to stay OP. I've made a vow not to eat other than seated at the table today when I'm alone and to get in 10,000 steps. I want to have a loss on Friday! :yes:

In fact, it just occurred to me that, although it's sleety outside, I can haul out the :trampo: and get in the rest of my steps watching TBL. Which I will do.

WSW, :woohoo: for the winter-ready wardrobe. :snowglo: I need to do that too. I've started pulling things out of my closet that I never wear any more. I'll see if one of my sisters wants them and if not, give them to the thrift store. I'll bag them up today and that'll be an accomplishment.

K, :queen:lies, let's meet the challenges of this day. :queen:s RULE!

qsilver
11-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Can we pretend I was here instead of hiding out being frustrated with myself?

***Warning! Some ranting and negativity ahead. Proceed with caution or avoid all together!***

I had another grading period to get through last week, and I promised myself I'd be back in here as soon as I had time to breathe again. But as soon as the grades were all in, I kind of slumped down and couldn't pick myself back up mentally. I'm just so frustrated. I've been a bit up and down on the scale here, but mostly I've been the same weight for months now! Usually when I start logging foods (which I've actually been doing!) my weight drops pretty quickly. Not this time. I bounce up a few ounces, then I drop a few ounces, but I haven't dropped below 301.7. It doesn't make any sense, and I have this bizarre sense of entitlement--I deserve to have my work show up on the scale! It just isn't, and I'm trying to get over myself. At least I've had two people this last week tell me they can see differences. It helped, but my head still isn't in the right place.
Blah. Enough whining. I feel bad bringing my negative backside into the palace, but I know getting in here is one of the best ways to get myself back feeling positive and working my program for the right reasons. I actually do feel a bit better just for getting it off my chest.

Got to run get ready for the day. Mornings go by so quickly!

Andria

wsw
11-20-2008, 07:38 PM
arabella-hope you are feeling better now. inspired by your pulling things out of closet you no longer wear. i found a couple pairs of slacks which had been lurking in my closet that i had needed to have shortened (but forgot about) and took them to tailor's today. it was kind of fun finding them--like getting a present out of the blue. i also found some stuff to weed out and donate to habitat-hand-me-ups store, and took those over today too.

andria- sure understand how frustrating it is even when doing all the right things doesn't show actual loss on scale. this is absolutely the right place to come to vent. have missed you. :) your efforts really will pay off on the scale. folks have aready said they have seen differences, which is great. the next thing will be the scale victory. hang in there. we are with you!

had lunch today with my good friend. he always makes me laugh and smile. what a grand soul he is. knowing some people just makes one a better person, and he is one of those folks. i am grateful to have such a best friend as he is.

op and exercising as much as possible. slept badly last night, and almost used that as excuse to eat more today, but didn't give in, fortunately. (not that i need an excuse to want to eat more!) hoping to sleep like a baby tonight, though. thinking of all our royals in the winter palace. take care.

Kaylets
11-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Hello all!

Honey, its FRIDAY!!

I am taking all of next week as vacation so today is the big desk clean up.

Hugs to all..... there's lots of things to frustrate but truly, we really have made lots of progress too....

I'll be back soon!

Anagram! I forget when you said the next procedure was... if its today, GOOD LUCK!

WSW! Hope your feeling better too!

Anagram, Ceara and Silver!!!!! :hug:

:hug:to all!

ceara
11-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Am still around...busy and out of gear ....but at least aware!

katrinabgood
11-21-2008, 08:26 AM
It's a grizzly, gray morning here, but I couldn't feel better about life... My sister had a mastectomy yesterday, they determined that there is no lymph node involvement, and they were able to do the reconstruction, immediately following the mastectomy. Silver lining: the doctors use the "pouch" under the belly button that many of us are too familiar with, to reconstruct the breast with... in other words: TUMMY TUCK! :belly: And she won't need chemo or radiation. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Many sighs of relief were breathed yesterday. I feel like a heavy veil has been lifted and we can all go back to living again!

SO, you'll be seeing a lot more of ol' Kat again... I'm even starting up WW again next week at work... NO EXCUSES!

Gotta run to work now... well, after applying a bit o' face paint... I don't want to scare anyone... :witch2:

Happy Friday, :queen:s!!

wsw
11-21-2008, 03:24 PM
kaylets-glad you have all next week off for the holiday!

hello ceara!

kat-sooo glad that things went well for sister with both prognosis and surgery! ---and that she won't need chemo or radiation. that is just wonderful. :)

hi anagram-hope most recent procedure went well.

andria-hi!

greetings, arabella!

snowed early this morning again. i heard it and woke up way too early. when i turned on the t.v, they were talking about the snow on the news. in my dreams, of course, it is always nice, warm weather. didn't sleep that great again last night, but definitely better than previous one, so at least going in the right direction. it is very cold again today, and wasn't able to get out, but sunday i have dinner plans with a couple of dear friends, which should be very pleasant. so even if i can't get out tomorrow on my own steam, at least i know i will the following evening. my poor heater has been blasting non-stop for so long now with no break, and i am keeping my fingers crossed it can hold out a bit longer. i sure am glad i got that flannel nightgown recently. i bundle up so much at bedtime, i look like i am going out for a winter hike up a glacier. lol! to use your phrase, kat, "no excuses." i will not let winter, my physcial health challenges, or anything else stand in my way. i am going to glide on down that scale no matter what! well, lovely royals, have a good one. take care.

Arabella
11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, it looks like night, anyway. :snowglo:

We've got our first snowstorm forecast for tonight into tomorrow. Hope it doesn't keep me from :running: and tai chi in the a.m. Assuming I'm up to running, that is. O/w, I'll walk over to tai chi and call it exercise. :yes:

Kat, so glad to hear the news! No lymph node involvement, no chemo or radiation? And a tummy tuck? Bonus! Also glad to hear you're back in the palace. :)

Andria, I've been suffering from the same malady. Even if I track, weight's staying pretty much the same. Inescapable conclusion being -- I'm going to have to work harder to get the numbers to change. And, man, it takes a lot more work than it used to. But we can do it! :dancer:

I had to put on my long pants and a heavier shirt and socks for WI this a.m. and was up 1.6. But at least I've got that one over with.

Kaylets, yay! A week's vacation sounds :cloud9: May your days be merry and bright throughout.

WSW, sounds like your weekend is shaping up. I need at least one social event on the weekend, always. Preferably two but usually not three. Yay for friends! :) Esp. :queen:ly ones!

Anagram, how did the procedure go? Won't uncross fingers until I hear...

Ceara, what color belt do you want for the wagon? I'm going for a nice deep red one, I think.

K, I'm off to partay at my sister's. Going to behave royally, I am. Have a lovely evening :queen:lies!

qsilver
11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Good morning! And it really is. I'm on vacation for an entire week! WHEEEEE! Okay, I did bring home two books to read, and I have a lot of lesson planning to do, but a break from the classroom and some time with my family is just what I need about now.
The weather here has changed drastically, but it isn't snow type, darn it all. We just have wind moving around some chilly air. I still try hard to not giggle at everyone here bundling up like they live in Canada. They have huge coats on and are still shivering while I'm walking around comfortably in shirt sleeves. Yes, they think I might be insane. I'm thinking they wouldn't survive anywhere that gets even an inch of snow a year.
I've decided to hit that "No excuses!" bandwagon myself. Going back over my food logs, it is apparent there are areas that can improve. I'm also not doing much exercise outside the trainer days at the gym. I run around a lot at school, but I apparently need to step up my game to get results.
On the very positive side of things, though, I'm really proud to say that I've logged for the last 10 days straight, even when I didn't want to! It does make it a lot easier to turn down the holiday temptations. Half of those dishes I can't figure out how I would log them, and the other half I just don't want to have to admit to having eaten. It is easier to walk by at that point. Besides, Gym Jim wants me to start bringing in my logs, and I seriously don't want him seeing that I'm wasting our hard work there as soon as I get home. Ah, the joys of accountability! :lol:

My sweetie just called me down to work on breaky with him. I'll have to return later for replies.
*HUGS* Here's to No More Excuses!

Andria

Arabella
11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
:snowglo: And I was enjoying a very cozy lounge in my PJs, :coffee2: Looking at Christmas mags and seeing what my Chickies are up to. When I realized that I had to get my posterior in gear and head out if I wanted to get to tai chi.

Well, at least it got me out and got enough steps in, combined with the dancing last night. We've had a snowstorm and the area where we have class was locked up. So no go. And I'm still feeling sick so by the time I fought my way over there through the snow I was ready to collapse. That's two Saturdays in a row that happened. I had to sit out the first set last week. Then, somehow I mostly recovered from the weak spell on the way home anyway. But I think I'm pretty much ready to lounge again for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll get back into my PJs... :yawn:

Andria, yeah, accountability is the thing. Amazing how I can feel like I'm putting in a good effort but if my food journal's available for DH to look at ... I do a lot better.

Oh, you're getting a week off too? Sweet! This seems like a great time for it too, after your family's recovered a bit from that trauma and can just regroup and enjoy each other. I'm getting a long weekend out of the deal next weekend, which I'm really looking forward to. It'll give me a chance to start getting ready for the parties to come.

Hope all beith well with all :queen:lies. Stop in and let us know, huh?

Let's take this day we've been given and make it work for us! :dancer:

katrinabgood
11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:25, 1st time... 9:10 actual... so nice to sleep in!!!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Religulous (great documentary, btw!)
4. What is your favorite TV show? The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal w/craisins & walnuts, skim milk, coffee
6. What is your middle name? Mary
7. What food do you dislike? not many! Overcooked carrots & liver come to mind.
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Tom Waits, Heartattack and Vine
9. What kind of car do you drive? Isuzu Rodeo
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey Reuben
11. What characteristic do you despise? Closed mindedness
12. Favorite item of clothing? Sweaters (when I'm not as bulky as I am now!)
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? The Greek Isles
14. Favorite brand of clothing: :chin:
15. Where would you retire? A lovely, quiet but funky beach town would be nice.
16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? I was in Las Vegas last year on my 50th birthday
17. Favorite sport to watch? Football, preferably in person
18. Furthest place you are sending this? CA
19. Person you expect to send it back first? my niece, Heather
20. When is your birthday? July 3
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? I can swing both ways!
22. What is your shoe size? 9
23. Pets? Molly Brown, a chocolate Lab
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I told you about sister's good news already... after that, I think I'm tapped out for the moment
25. What did you want to be when you were little? An artist
26. How are you today? Cheerfully optimistic!
27. What is your favorite candy? Anything with chocolate and nuts... but I'm willing to settle...
28. What is your favorite flower? Gardenias
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Christmas with family
30. What is your favorite pastime? Hiking in the woods
31. What are you listening to right now? Tom Waits, Heartattack and Vine
32. What was the last thing you ate? croissant, cup of coffee
33. Do you wish on stars? :yes: "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight."
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Forest Green
35. How is the weather right now? Sunny, COLD
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? My daughter
37. Favorite soft drink? Real lemonade
38. Favorite restaurant? Little Havana
39. Real hair color? "Fabulous Fawn" (inside family joke, my grandmother swore she'd never go white, would rather die with her favorite shade on her head---and she did!) Mine's light brown, with assistance...
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? TRESSY! (me too, Arabella!)Barbie too.
41. Summer or winter? I love something about all four, actually... this is a hard one! Summer, I guess...
42. Hugs or kisses? Kisses, the ones from when you first started kissing each other! :love:
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla
44. Coffee or tea? Coffee...good coffee in the morning, a nice herbal tea at night
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? :yes:
46. When was the last time you cried? Thursday, tears of relief at sister's prognosis
47. What is under your bed? :yikes: Dust bunnies. Lots and lots of dust bunnies. Renegade socks. Miscellaneous flip-flops.

katrinabgood
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I have so many things I need to reply to, (don't worry, I took notes!) but I went WAY past the hour I had alotted myself on the computer answering the above questions! I'm all caught up with reading everyone's posts though... hence, the note-taking, but I have a ton of things to do today: daughter and I are going to see Cats tonight with a friend and her daughter... first we want to get a visit in with sissy/aunt, and a cursory house tidying needs to be done.

Have a great Saturday all!

ceara
11-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Mornin' all!

Managed a walk yesterday...had to find my long undies though...the wind was cold. Am off this am for another and then church...

Glad everything is good with your sister Kat!

wsw...you have snow?!? We don't :?:

Christmas lights :tree: are appearing in the neighbourhood....and of course the stores have had stuff since August ;)

Arabella...what is your next performance? Did you get socked in?

Andria, I hope your week off helps you settle in with your routine...I envy you the gym and trainer. I just won't/can't drive that far for stuff.

'K...gotta go! :wave: :brr:

anagram
11-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, G O O D morning!

So much good news - individual replies to come in a more leisurely time.

Second procedure also went very well. I still feel a need to remove my contacts at bedtime and/or adjust my glasses throughout the day - and none to do either with. Reading glasses only at this point and that's just plain miraculous.

Enjoy this Sensational Sunday, Sleek and Svelte :queen:lies.

katrinabgood
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh, anagram! I know that feeling well... 'tis a miraculous thing to be able to see WELL again! (and amazing to realize just how POORLY we actually saw pre-op!) I'm so happy all went well for you! I'm constantly (even after a year) amazed at the things I can see now: street signs, directions on packages, recipes... :woohoo:

Ceara! I'm seeing those Christmas lights around here too... I REFUSE to go all Christmas-y til at least December! Good for you, getting the walkies in, with the long johns!

Wow, Arabella... that much snow? Ouch. We had some flurries a few days ago, but even that is way early for these here parts. You intrepid trooper though... activity took precedence over cozy. I'm inspired, as usual.

Andria... I'm so happy that all is well now with the family. What a horror it must have been. :hug: Your Gym Jim sounds intense, but you are working it, girl! :cp: Another inspiration for me! BTW, thank you for offering Tony up for free medical advice!! Who needs WebMd? :shrug:

wsw, my dainty fingered, stalwart muse! I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend from your fall... you always sound so serene in spite of adversity. Count me in on that glide down the scale, despite all winter challenges!

Kaylets...I must tell you that I am adopting your "Good Things Bucket" and intend to fill 'er up each day!

Well, I'm off... must get dinner ready for dh, who had to work tonight. He deserves an occasional home cooked meal, I think...

Happy Sunday, :queen:s!

Kaylets
11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Hello all!

I was here yesterday but see today that my post didn't "stick"....

Basically, I was applauding everyone's progress!

Kat, I am thrilled to hear the wonderful news about your sister! How wonderful! This is good news!

Anagram, Great news about the second eye procedure! This is definitely good news!

WoodNymph, I think I had a touch of something this weekend too.... Mostly splitting headache and no strength.... I spent nearly all of Saturday trying to sleep. I'm feeling better now, how about you?

Ceara, Your expert advice please.... Beagle wakes up happy except her right hind leg is "asleep". This is happening nearly all the time now. If you rub the leg, it takes less time for her to be able to put weight on it but if you leave her alone, the leg is like a dead weight for a few minutes. Sometimes, when you rub the leg on a certain place, the dog will react but not always.
Its hard to know if she's even in any pain...... I'm calling the vet today as its been about a week since we've noticed.....Any ideas????
(PS, she's eating, sleeping, playing..)

WSW.... I too am wearing sweaters, heavy sweats, etc, etc. A storm came in last night which made the house feel damp. I pushed the thermostat up and it did make a real difference but I need to figure out more ways to keep that thermostat lower.

Silver, I know you have reading to do for school, I have promised myself reading or internet research every day as long as I get other 'chores' done too. I've also promised myself naps.... ;)

On another note, I wrote yesterday about a 62 yr old friend of mine with a brand new diagnosis of ostersporosis...... she had two cracked vertabrae "repaired" ( I don't know the medical term) and then a 3rd broke during her recovery. She has no family history of osteo, but did smoke nearly 35 yrs and as far as I know, only drinks milk once a day. In her youth and up until her 30's, she danced and taught dance and "tumbling"; every summer, she is outside teaching swimming .....
I always considered her lifestyle "active" so I was shocked at her diagonosis and the severity.....
She has begun taking the med that Sally Fields promotes.......

I did some reseach and see that there is theory now that studies seem to prove a direct correlation to the less estrogen, the harder it is to process calicium to make new bone......

All the info about strength training, etc, suddenly has a brand new point of view for me. WOW.... things sure do look different from this angle!!!

Anyone taking additional Vitamin D or another "bone" product???

Thought of the day:

"When you aim for perfection. you discover it's a moving target."
George Fisher

Question of the day:

"What temperature do you keep your thermostat?"

Tuesday Tip

....from Green Daily (www.greendaily.com)

This or That: Aluminum Foil or Plastic Wrap?

Aluminum foil or plastic wrap for leftovers?

Turkey Day is coming up quick and as a result many of us will soon be overrun with leftovers. Reusable storage containers are an eco-friendly option for storing them, but when something needs to be wrapped or there's a lid missing is aluminum foil or plastic wrap the better choice?

Aluminum foil wins by a mile. Although there certainly is an environmental impact made during its creation, aluminum foil is almost 100% recyclable whereas plastic wrap also negatively impacts the environment during production but then isn't recyclable after use and can only end up in the landfill.

The catch? Make sure you do actually recycle the foil after you take it off the cold turkey!

Time to check the laundry!

:dizzy::dizzy:

wsw
11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
arabella- hope you are back to feeling 100% by now. the way you get out in the cold, even when you don't feel tip-top inspires me.

kat-enjoyed reading your answers to the questions.

ceara-walking in cold weather is very impressive. the longjohns are such a good idea too. i need to check some out.

anagram-so glad this second procedure also went well! hooray!

kaylets-glad you're feeling better now. hope you are enjoying your holiday week. also hope royal beagle's leg is ok. i love beagles! they are so cute. :)

andria-glad that you have this week off for the holiday. hope you and family are enjoying the time together.

my friend left for bangkok this morning. there are protests at the airport and it has been shut down. i know he will be re-routed, or whatever, and i'm sure he is fine. the trip was scheduled to take from this morning until tomorrow evening, so he isn't even scheduled to arrive there til tomorrow night. have to admit though, will feel better when i hear from him.

kaylets, i'm sitting in my 2 sweathshirts as i write this. have a feeling this is going to be a long, cold winter. tomorrow, i am going to look for some longjohns. i got some nice, snuggly new gloves yesterday, which are great.

had a nice weekend--a small tea here on sunday afternoon, and out to dinner with some other friends sunday evening (same friends whose home i will be going to for thanksgiving.) ate pretty daintily this weekend, fortunately. am sticking to plan, even though i somehow think because it so cold i should get to eat more. :)

wsw
11-26-2008, 07:26 AM
i did hear from my friend. he is in tokyo, where his connecting flight to bangkok was of course canceled until things have been resolved at their airport. in the meantime, he will remain in tokyo until he can get in to thailand. it made me feel better to hear from him. :)

i woke up at 4am and was cold , so got up to bundle up even more and got online. glad that i did because there was an email from my friend. now, of course, i have been up so long, that i will just have to throw in the towel and stay up. i have an appointment this morning, so trying to snooze for a little while doesn't seem to be an option. sleeping is just not my best event. ok, so i am up for the day. i will have some nice warm oatmeal and tea for breakfast and continue with dainty portions throughout my day. being sleepy or cold will not be excuses for me to go off my plan. nuh-uh!! i am committed. the scale will glide ever downward.

well, hope everyone has a pleasant day. take care, lovely roayls.

Kaylets
11-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Good Morning all!

WSW--- I can relate to waking up cold! Sometimes I try to stay under the covers as long as I can but invariably, nature calls!!

I did notice yesterday when I was washing the floor, I needed to take a layer off....I guess my lesson there is there's more than one reason to declutter.

As for the dog, the vet suspects a partial tear in a ligament or the miniscis ( spellling?)..... Dog got a shot and a course of pills of an antiinflammatory. 2 hours after the shot, dog was running cheerfully around so we hope we continue to see improvement. Luckily, both hips show full range of motion and the only obvious sign of tiny bit of arthritis is in a front "wrist".

So, we won't be roughhousing for awhile and I've put a clothes rack in the tub to keep the dog from jumping in. She likes to lick the tub right after someone's showered but we noticed the back leg doesn't cooperate when she jumps in....

DH is home today unexpectedly which means I have to 'blend' my schedule with his ..........hmmmmm..........

We do have sun so far this morning which means I need to get in front of the window or outside to get some Vitamin D!!!

Thought of the day:

"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.
It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

Question of the day:

"What is the best Thanksgiving dinner?"

I'll try and poke my head in later to see what's going on....

;);)

Arabella
11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm recovering slowly but feeling better than I was. Very tired today but that's, I'm sure, partially because I worked 12 hours yesterday. AND didn't manage to get away for a walk. I'm going to get out soon, walk DH to work (extra incentive: I'm out of :coffee: ).

We've had very wintery weather since Friday but it's warming up again. Supposed to be above freezing for a few days to come at least. I'm thankful for the reprieve! I'm going to try to take it a little easy today, putter at the house. DGS is coming after school and I've got writing group tonight.

K, I've walked, done a little work and coffee's on -- thank goodness! :coffee3:

WSW, your weekend sounded lovely. Kudos to you for eating daintily through two social eating events :cheers: I've been hungry this week -- maybe that's what it is, my body trying to lay in stores so I can hibernate. Sounds good! Unfortunately, I don't think I can get away with it. :(

Kaylets, your friend's diagnosis is shocking -- osteoporosis is pretty scary stuff. My ex's mom broke bones just by walking into doorframes.

We take calcium and vitamin D -- from the news, it looks like D is crucial for those of us who live far from the equator. We keep the thermostat around 20 (68F) in the day time and put it down to about 15 at night.

Kat, did you have laser surgery? I'd love to get rid of my glasses and lenses. When I was self-treating with Reiki regularly, my eyesight improved to the point that I didn't need them at the computer. But then I slacked off and lost the improvement again. I'm trying to get back into the habit of self-treating. I feel like, if there was that much improvement to something so measurable, there would likely be all kinds of improvements that didn't lend themselves to being noticed quite as easily.

Ceara, yeah, we got a couple feet of snow on the weekend. It's supposed to be mild and rain, though, so it should be gone again soon. Have you caught up to that wagon yet? I'm doing better, although not perfect yet. Why can't I be one of those people who loses their appetite when they're sick?

Anagram, Andria :wave:

K, I'd better get some work done. Let's make this a good one!

katrinabgood
11-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I can't keep my mind on what I should be doing, so I popped in here for a spot!

Yesterday started the first WW@work session. Ouch. Reality bites! My scale is somewhat kinder (5#) than theirs, so I will continue to use THAT number here! It feels good to be a part of that whole group thing again. It really does help me, just knowing someone else will be looking at my numbers! Of course, also being with others with issues similar to mine. A little weird though, when it's people you see on a daily basis... which makes me all the more DETERMINED to succeed... just to show them! You know, :chin: I'm so concerned about OTHERS, it's high time I did this strictly for myself!! (note to self: must mull this over some more)

Anyway, food intake has been stellar so far this week. I'm cooking tomorrow, so I'm in control of that situation, but I am planning for indulgences too!

Arabella... I had cataract surgery last year. I had requested lasik treatment, but the doctor informed me that I didn't need that, my problem was cataracts in both eyes! Must be a family thing... my mother and two of my brothers have had cataracts removed also. I love my "new vision!"

wsw...I'm glad to hear your friend is okay.
Kaylets...Best Thanksgiving dinner? Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, turnips, mashed taters w/gravy, biscuits, broccoli, creamed onions, stuffed mushrooms... Punkin pie! Mince pie! Apple pie! Actually it's lunch the next day with all the leftovers!

Now I'm hungry... thank god it's lunchtime! (all prepared with WW guidelines in mind, of course!)

I shall return...

Oh well...

ceara
11-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Fly bye!

Arabella...hope you feel better!

Wsw, the long johns I have are micro fibre...came from Costco, made by Silks and there are bottoms and tops...they are not thicker than a heavy pair of tights, and very warm. No waffle ones for me!

Kay...glad the dog is OK...be careful with the narcs...dogs tend to feel better and then overdo and re-injure. A torn muscle may not repair itself....

Ah, Kat...I'm with you...I'm determined. But I sure hate losing these same :dance: over and over and over. I guess the positive spin is that if I didn't lose them over and over, new ones would come to stay!

That being said I must get into gear...I have brekkie with the parentals, shopping and a show to bathe 2 dogs for and pack. Oh yeah, I work at 1:30!

YIKES!

katrinabgood
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
:turkey:
Flyin' by as well... just wanted to wish all a very happy day!
:happ3:

qsilver
11-27-2008, 10:51 AM
:happ3:
Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be grateful for this year, especially the friendship and camaraderie I've found with all you lovely royals. Thank you for being there, thank you for sharing so much of yourselves, and thank you for the gentle guidance that has helped me to get so far this year.

And while on the note of being thankful, I've been putting extra time in at the gym as well as reading and kicking back with the dynamic princess duo, and the hard work there is finally starting to show up on the scale. When I checked weight this morning, the scale registered.... *drumroll*... 299.3! I was so sure it was wrong that I waited half an hour and went back again. The weight was the same! :D Wow. I'm still trying to get it to sink in. Talk about incentive to watch myself closely today! :lol:

My sweetie has been on call all night, and I promised myself the house (or at least the kitchen and dining area) would be sparkling by the time he gets home today, so I can't spend too much more time here. It is incredibly to hear how well you all are doing, though. Spirits are high, and everyone sounds not just hopeful, but also at peace with who and what they are. I love how amazingly grounded everyone is. You all inspire me to do more and become a better woman. My fingers are itching to type out replies to everyone right now, but even though we've been straightening up the last few days, there has also been a significant amount of goofing off going on. In other words, I have a whole lot of work to do still. Blah. Responses are so much more fun!

*HUGS* to you all will have to suffice for now. I'll try to sneak back in later while the turkey is roasting and my sweetie is (hopefully) taking a snooze.
Have a great day everyone, and thank you for constantly reminding me of the things I am thankful for!

:thanks1::thanks2:

Arabella
11-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Good morning, :queen:lies! I've got today and tomorrow mostly off so am taking it easy. Still ill -- maybe this will help finish it off. I'd like to get to tai chi tonight but I don't know.

:snowglo:
Ceara, your long johns sound great! Reminds me, I need to buy some tights for upcoming performance. It's Handel's Messiah -- we do it every year. I went bare-legged and sandaled to the Nov. 11 concert but I don't think I'll do that again.

Kat, I'm the same, WW-wise. I just recently came to the conclusion that I was sabotaging my efforts by skipping WI when I hadn't lost. Looked at my WI books and saw that I'd be going along doing pretty well and then... stop. And it would be months before I returned and I would not have lost weight. So. I've been continuing, making verrrrrrrrrrrrry slow progress. I'm hoping to catch fire again -- or at least to be embarrassed enough to keep going and staying mostly the same that I put in more effort.

Because, I guess that's what it comes down to. I think I'm doing pretty well but the weight isn't coming off. Now, years ago, this amount of effort would have done it. But it doesn't now and that's all there is to it. So I'd better give my head a shake and hocuspocusfocus! :wizard:

Andria! :bravo: :woohoo: :bravo: :balloons: Oh, congrats! For you to have gotten through the last few months and lost weight -- well, I'm in awe! And under that big 3 for Thanksgiving -- fantastic!

:thanks2: Happy Thanksgiving to my Lovely Americans and Happy Thursday Lovely Ceara!

Let's enjoy this day to the max and renew our efforts until the next holiday! :ginger:

katrinabgood
11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
I just had to pop back in to say, "WOW!" Congratulations, my sweet friend, Andria! I'm very excited for you!!! :cp: :woohoo:

wsw
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
ceara-thanks for the longjohns info. i will definitely check those out. sounds like just what i am looking for.

arabella-feel better soon!

kat-glad you like the ww at work goup.

kaylets-glad dog is feeling better. enjoyed your most recent thought of the day.

hi anagram. how are you?

andria-woo-hoo on scale victory, and all the extra gym work! way to go!

happy thursday, ceara and arabella! happy thanksgiving to our other lovely royals!
i am very thankful for all of you. you inspire me endlessly, dear queens. my friends will be picking me up at 3pm, so after doing a little cleaning, i will listen to some good music, read, and relax before the big festivities at my friends' home this afternoon. take care, everyone. thinking of you of you all, which is putting a big smile on my face. :)

Arabella
11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
AND I'm not working! :) I weighed in down a half-pound at WW. By my reckoning, I'm still up .5 from my lowest. I think I'm finally getting my head around the concept that I'm going to have to work harder. The focus is going to be on smaller portions, eating more slowly and trying to eat ONLY when I'm hungry and then not to keep eating after I'm 80% full. I know it'll work, but I just have to put in the effort -- or it won't.

WSW, I love the sound of your day yesterday -- putting a smile on my face even now. I so need to take a leaf from your book. When I've got some extra time I so often just fritter it away online or watching something I'm not even really enjoying on TV. I don't want to go too crazy doing energy-wise until I'm really better but I can definitely use my time more wisely and pleasantly. Thanks for the inspiration!

:ginger: Let's take this day and make it WORK for us!

wsw
11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
arabella-congrats on the .5 down! :)

i sure know about having to work harder/putting in more effort to achieve what took less effort in the past and how maddening that is. you inspire me to take a better look at my own food plan and see where it needs tweaking.

i had a lovely time at my friends' home yesterday for thanksgiving! i am grinning now thinking about it. there were lots of kids and babies, and my friends are so warm. i literally had only met one of their niece's previously, so everyone was new to me, and there was a large crowd (20 adults.) it was neat being around a big family. actually, i was the only non-family member there.

my dishwaher broke today. :( it is very old, so it is not really surprising. i had to clean up a lot of water, which was physically challenging, and took me quite a while. i can't get a new one for a while-financially, and i know i am really going to miss that convenience big time. for right now, though, i am at least grateful it was not the plumbing, and that i didn't have any water damage from this.

i am catching a cold, so i am going to have some tea and get in to bed. tomorrow, i will take it easy, but will stick to dainty portions as planned. goodnight, all. take care.

Arabella
11-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Still not full of vim and vigour. No fair speculating about what else I might be full of. I had a slip yesterday afternoon -- too much soy-flour brown bread toast. And then, in that "what the ****" mode, had a single-serving (yay for me!) bag of sour cream & onion chips.

My error was in letting myself eat on the couch. Can't do that -- it almost always leads to me eating more than I would o/w. And my weight is back up to 207.8 today as a result. Expect most of that to be gone tomorrow but... do I need that? :no:

So. Today is Day 1 for:
* WI and report number
* Journaling
* Eating only at the table when alone
* Core
* Lots of water
* Exercising judiciously (meaning some until I feel better, more after)

I'm going to walk over to tai chi in a little while. I haven't even made it this past week. Well, this cold is on the way out, anyway. I'm going to try to pamper myself this weekend.

WSW, my condolences on the dishwasher! We had the same thing happen here shortly after we bought the place. Ye olde dishwasher gave up the ghost. And then it was purely decorative for a year or so. We've got a new one now and I do appreciate it. Hope you get another soon!

Also hope that your cold is just a false alarm and you don't actually get sick! :crossed:

Ah, it's mild here and the :sunny: has come out. Nice! I've just about got to head out to get to tai chi on time, so slurping :coffee2: and will go brush tusks and slap on some lipstick.

How beith all other lovely :queen:lies? Let's make this a good one!

wsw
11-29-2008, 08:24 PM
greetings, royal ones! thinking of you all.

arabella-i hope your vim and vigor returns a.s.a.p!! thanks for the dishwasher "condolences." even after only one day, i must tell you, i sure miss it a lot.

definitely, pamper your royal self this weekend! sounds like an excellent plan you've got there. you are right, demon scale will go back down for tomorrow.

did get a cold. oh well. i have a lot of things to take care of over the next couple of weeks, so this needs to get over with quickly. i have been taking it easy today, and will try to do some of that tomorrow too. my ears are stuffed up now, which i can't stand, and i am so sleepy, i can't stay awake for too long at a time. i did get a few chores taken care of around the house though, albeit very slowly. i even got a few letters written, so all and all, not too unproductive today. i did stay op too, which felt good, because i often think when i don't feel well, that i "need" to eat more. not saying that i didn't want to, of course, but at least didn't give in. i think i can thank my now defunct dishwasher for part of that credit---the less dishes i have to wash, the better. :)

well, greetings to all in the royal palace. time to sneak back to bed and warm up for a little while. have a good evening.

wsw
11-29-2008, 08:54 PM
the power keeps going on and off, and after several +times in the past couple of hours, i called the power company. they said it is probably something on the line, and will check it out. i also finally learned my lesson, after getting stuck in the living room in the pitch black, and got out my cell phone and flashlights so i don't get stuck again as i did a little while ago. also, not loving that the heat keeps going off. i sure hope it can hang in there a little longer. all these power surges sure aren't helping my poor old heater one little bit. ok, now i am really going to bed. nitey-nite. :)

Arabella
11-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Let's call this my "Facing Stupid Reality" challenge. I don't know why I feel like I can allow myself so much leeway and still expect to lose -- oh yeah, it's because I used to be able to get away with that kind of cr@p. Well, now I can't and I'm facing stupid reality. :rolleyes: It's not like I'm not making an effort, just -- as I may have mentioned -- not ENOUGH of an effort. I know when I actually follow Core (instead of sort-of following Core :dz: ) it actually works. Maybe not quickly, but it does work. There's just no excuse for me not losing this weight and no excuse for me to not reach Onederland in December. I'm putting my foot down, here, now. :yes:
Lovely and sunny today and not brutally cold. DH and I went for a walk this a.m. Still not 100% but hoping to be mostly back to normal tomorrow. We're only a week away from the performance. Yikes!

WSW, I think it's wonderful that you're sleepy and sleeping. That's the way to get better, I think, sleep as much as you can. Then your body can put all its energy into healing. I was just reading about oil of oregano for colds. I'm going to go get some I think.
:ginger:
K, where beith all other :queen:lies? Thanksgiving's over -- time to start making plans for how we'll get to solstice and Christmas better than ever. Let's GO!!!

katrinabgood
11-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Not that the last one was a bad one, I just love that "fresh start" feeling! Actually, last week was pretty darn decent, what with Thanksgiving and all. I had mostly managed to stay within allotted points, got myself to the gym yesterday (which I haven't done in ages) and exercised for a good hour, and I have been working very hard on re-wiring the faulty connections in my brain! I have been listening to the series "Managing Anxiety and Depression" and I am really seeing things in a different light as a result. I guess sometimes you just need someone to tell you that it's okay to do things a little differently... to see things from a different angle, or to react (or not react) to situations in ways other than the norm. I'm liking the peaceful feelings as a result of newfound perspective! I never really thought that I was an 'anxious' person, per se, prone to panic or anxiety attacks, but the more I analyze my behaviors, I see that, uh... yeah... there really was (is?) a lot of anxiety there! I'm feeling much more mellow and sanguine as a result. I think I can even see a change in the way dh behaves towards me... more loving and caring than before. Although, maybe he was always that way and I was too busy being skeptical or cynical to notice. That was hard to type and I almost deleted it, but sometimes the truth hurts and to get past that hurt you need to face it and move on... :chin:

So, I'm moving on!

My sister came home from the hospital yesterday, finally! She still has 5 drains in, and will receive IV antibiotics for the post-op infection in her abdominal suture line, not to mention the horrific blisters she got from the tape on her dressings! :yikes: Poor thing found out the hard way she's allergic to adhesive tape! She's still in quite a bit of pain, but despite all the misery, she chirped one day, "Hey! At least I don't have cancer!" That's my girl!

wsw... good grief, first the dishwasher and now the power too?? Sending many "fix-it vibes" your way!! I'm glad you're channeling your inner girl scout by being prepared! Hang in there!

arabella... a pampering weekend sounds like just the ticket to heal thyself! I had to laugh at the image of you brushing your tusks and slapping on lipstick! I'm definitely stealing that phrase! :lol:

andria... Your words really resonated with me: Spirits are high, and everyone sounds not just hopeful, but also at peace with who and what they are. This is KEY. I am learning to be at peace, RIGHT NOW, with who and what I am. Not: when I lose 100# I will really feel good then! I am trying to live in each moment and make it count! Thank you for putting that so well!

ceara... Thanks for the long johns tip... gonna check out Costco later this week. Then NOTHING can stop those winter walkies!

kaylets... I had to laugh out loud at the image of your dog in the shower, licking up! I hope she's doing better. Oh! and I love your QOD:
"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.
It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections." :yes:

anagram... how are those new peepers working for you?? :book2::mag::sunny:

Allright, coffee's all gone... time to do a little tidying... but only enough to make me feel peaceful and comfy... no guilt induced cleaning marathons here. I might even start a gradual progression of Christmas decorating... instead of my usual weekend blitz under pressure. :wreath::candy::tree: First, I need to put on my most favorite Christmas CD of all, A Charlie Brown Christmas... What's YOUR favorite Christmas music?

Have a loverly Sunday, :queen:s! Do what makes you feel good!

katrinabgood
11-30-2008, 01:05 PM
'tis sad but true, arabella... that "sort-of-following" just doesn't cut it like it did in the olden days! :no: Ah, youth!

Arabella
12-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Good morning Good :queen:lies! My weight this a.m. was 204.8, up .4 from lowest recorded. I WILL lose this week. I'm v. happy not to have to fudge my ticker starting the challenge to the end of the year. Onederland here I come! :yes:

So, other good news for the bucket:

I'm on to Day 3 of my challenge, which I'm renaming the "Sprint to Onederland in 2008" challenge. I decided that "Facing Stupid Reality" was maybe just a tad negative. And I'm feeling better about life.

Yesterday I actually emptied a big cardboard box of stuff that's been sitting in our dining room for over a year. Dealt with all contents and broke the box down for recycling. You can hardly imagine how lovely that corner of the dining room is. Bare floor! I'm going to add "Do one neglected task" to my challenge list. That will get the house party-ready. First major one's not quite 2 weeks away -- our family Christmas party on the 13th, followed by DH's 60th on the 16th.

I also hunkered down and finished some job work that I had wanted to get done last week but didn't manage, mostly I guess because I volunteered to do stuff that someone else hadn't gotten to.

So I felt good at the end of the day. Oil of oregano seems to have really made some progress with the cold, too. I should be able to practice today and go to practice tonight.

That's a lot of good stuff in the bucket already. :)

Kat, you and me both -- I'm renowned as a calm person but that's facade. I need to work on my stress levels every day to work this life thing. O/w I expend way too much of my precious energy fretting and get overwhelmed and "stuck." Which is the depressive part. And all so connected to weight gain. Here's to attending to our real needs! :cheers:

So glad that your sister is home and mending!

Okey-doke. It's pouring :rain: out there. I may take DH's big umbrella and splash my way over to the gym in a few minutes.

Let's celebrate today!

Kaylets
12-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Hello all!

I did a fast read of the latest postings but might have missed things so I need to go back....

This is just a fly by but I did want to say how thrilled I am that Kat's sister came h ome from the hospital! YAY!

And Silver, congrats on pounds down! Good Job!

DH and I had a touch of something over t he holiday but it seeems to have passed....My first day back to work.... :dizzy:

Thought of the day:

"To swear off mistakes is very easy. All you have to do is swear off having ideas."
- Leo Burnett, advertising pioneer

Question of the day:

"What's your best gift idea?"

I've got to go, iron is heating up, car is warming up too..... by the way, we had to replace the battery yesterday.... put me on the list for necessary but unwelcome repairs.....

wsw
12-01-2008, 09:54 PM
kat- so glad your sister is out of the hospital! it really resonated with me when you spoke about being in the here and now, and not waiting for some future time to be happy, or like oneself, etc. good too that the tapes you have been listening to have been helpful. all of what you spoke about really resonated with me too. thanks for those good repair vibes also. :)

arabella-good to hear that oil of oregano was helpful. will have to check that out. as you mentioned, i am one of those too who always appears calm, and is very calming for others, but have to work on my own stress level. i am definitely getting better at this than in the past, though. congrats on day 3 of challenge, emptying things in box and making room "party-ready."

kaylets-glad you and dh are feeling better. yeah, repair issues are definitely in the air, alright.

hello andria, ceara, anagram! thinking of you!

still needing a lot of sleep, apparently, due to cold. i am stufffffffed up! i was thinking about my food plan today, and figuring out some areas where i can tweak it a bit, and will try these out. since i need to make more of an effort to get the scale moving downward, i will do whatever it takes. i realize all and all, though, i have actually done better than i thought i had, in this past year. however, i plan to be much more consistent from here on in, and keep things in this necessarily higher gear to push scale in right direction. ok, off to bed now. take care, lovely queenlies.

Arabella
12-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Hey :queen:ies! Nasty lingering cold still nasty, still lingering. I worked 12 hours yesterday which I should not have done. Too much of that lately -- we're short-handed and will continue to be. But I've got to save my life, here. I get to the end of a day like yesterday and seriously feel like "If this is life..." So that can't be good for anything. At the end of the day, though, instead of stupid TV or food (or combo), I finished framing the personal essay about my DGS, went to bed and self-treated with Reiki. Today I'm going to go to sound yoga at lunch time and I'm intending to sneak out for 5 minutes here and there and plant some bulbs.

I weighed in at 205.2 this a.m. Had some extra salad last night but was within points. I'll have a light and early dinner tonight and then walk to tai chi. I want to see a loss this Friday! :yes:

Kaylets, stupid battery! I hate spending money on stuff like that. But, as you say, necessary.

WSW, my twin! Interesting, isn't it, that ability to soothe and calm -- do you suppose it's because we're absorbing the stress ourselves? :chin: Hope the cold leaves you soon. O of O doesn't seem to have effected a total cure but I think it's helping. In the meantime, sleep as much as you feel like!

Anagram, Andria, Ceara, Katrinabgood :wave: Let's take this day and make it WORK for us!

wsw
12-02-2008, 07:50 PM
arabella-sorry that nasty cold still lingereth on. be gone, i say!

still can't go too long without a nap, so i guess i must need the rest to get rid of stupid cold. i am bundled up now from head to toe, as i write this. was going out today to try and get those longjohns, but didn't have the oomph to get out. tomorrow, i have to be out for some appointments anyway, and will put that at the time of my to do list.

greetings to kaylets, andria, kat, ceara, and anagram! have a loverly evening, everyone.

katrinabgood
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Just popping in to say all is well... 2.8# lost 1st week back @ WW!! :cp: I'm on my way out the door, but will check in later...

wsw
12-03-2008, 07:56 PM
kat-congrats on lbs. down! woo-hoo!

and hello to all our lovely royals!

i think i am successfully tweaking my food plan. scale is not reflecting it yet, but hopefully i am on the right track, anyway. hope springs eternal.

well, take care, all.

katrinabgood
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I think that I may have actually turned a corner, and am really heading in a new direction. I don't want to jump for joy and jinx anything, but I am seeing new behaviors emerge, and it is all very strange and wonderful and empowering...

This morning as I was walking in, a former co-worker was leaving. We exchanged hellos! and hugs! and he proceeded to tell me that he could see that I had lost some weight and that I looked very healthy and happy. I walked into my office beaming. The good mood and the smiles continued all day... not a thing bothered me at all. Every so often, i would realize, out of the blue, that I really am happy, really happy... and not (just) because of the compliment. I feel in control of myself, and not in a deprivational, "on a diet" sort of way. I am enjoying eating well. I am enjoying my exercise. I am living in the moment. I have stripped things down to the basics and I am not fretting about things that I have no control over. I am actually speaking up for myself, instead of being the passive people pleaser that has no opinion. I am curbing the acid tongue that has lashed out at my dh way more than it ever should have because I wouldn't/couldn't speak up for myself to anyone other than him. And! I am not responding in kind when he does the same to me. (that really blows his mind!) I feel very peaceful.

This afternoon, after work, I was on my way to my sister's house. I had arranged for a Reiki treatment for her by the lovely gentle soul that had tended to my dad. On the way there, my car started to act kinda funny. It was literally fading. I *almost* made it to sissy's house... about 3 blocks away the engine just shut off. Right in front of someone's driveway, of course. I didn't panic, just started to push it out of the way, all by myself, when a nice fella came and helped me. As I walked to on to sissy's house, I was struck by the fact that I wasn't stressing the issue. I got there, called Triple A for a tow, called the garage to say it was coming. My mother drove me home and then I called dh, who was at work, and he told me that dd's car pretty much gave up the ghost today too. :p He was a bit stressed and took it out on me a little, but I did not respond in kind. When I hung up the phone though, my immediate thought was FOOD: I WANT TO EAT SOMETHING, PREFERABLY ICE CREAM. It wasn't even a concrete thought though, more like an instinct. I was right in front of the frig too... I took a deep breath, got a big glass of water and came in here to unload on all of you instead! AREN'T YOU LUCKY?

Long story short: (heh, too late!) This might actually force us to buy the new car that we've been putting off and putting off, since my oldie but goodie was holding up so well! 13 years, baby! '95 Rodeo!

So, there's that. I'm going to exercise as soon as I'm done here. Serenity Now!

Faire queens Arabella and wsw... I say, COLDS BE GONE! Feel better ASAP please!

Kaylets... Best gift idea? Hmm... :chin: lately I'm all about the gift carding! Costco has all kinds of gift cards too, if you want to one-stop-shop 'em!

Andria, ceara, Anagram... hail queens!

Thanks to all for well wishes for sis! She's coming along nicely, thanks!

That's it for me... have a great night all!

katrinabgood
12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
P.S. In the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE, I sucked it up and finally changed my ticker. I think I was at that low of 264 for all of five minutes! :lol:

wsw
12-04-2008, 04:37 AM
kat-reading about your serene new attitude inspired me to keep working on that area in myself. reading your post made me smile. so glad things are turning around for you! i want some of that too, and am willing to put in the work to accomplish it.

better try and get a little sleep now, though, or attitude bright and early when i am to be picked up this morning to be a support for a friend attending her doc appointment she is worried about, will be less than stellar, and i have to be alert to be there for her. it's even more complicated because this is a friend who pushed me away years ago, and now wants me to be there for her for some really big things going on in her life. when she called me out of the blue to start telling me what was going on in her life, and asking me for help with emotional and practical support (such as attenting doc appointments with her, i almost asked why she didn't ask the folks she is close to now, but i think she pushed a lot of people away, and is scared now. i felt i couldn't turn her away, so i said yes. i know that while i am willing to be there for her, i don't feel the same about her, and would not feel comfortable with reciprocal kind of sharing or asking her for support. what i do know is that i still care about her, regardless of how she has treated me in the past, and as long as i can help her in this situation while maintaining my boundaries, it feels like the right thing to do. so off to bed to try and get a couple of hours of sleep, or at least rest before alarm goes off. well, i am also committing to staying op, no matter how emotionally challenging the day may prove to be. i can temper help, compassion, and understanding, while at the same time, maintaining my own healthy boundaries. yes i can! good morning, dear queens. take care, all

Kaylets
12-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Hello all,

Woke up early with that scratchy throat feeling .....not bad, almost where you think "Maybe my throat is just dry...."

So I am hoping that scratchiness just means I was sleeping with my mouth open and/or the heat is very dry.....

Isn't it ironic, two days I started taking an additional Fish Oil supplement with extra vitamins including D? I know what you're thinking... If I hadn't this scratchiness could be a full blown cough....

Anyway. For my Good thing bucket..... Avoided the vending machine yesterday afternoon. Definitely a good thing.

Was wondering if anyone has any tips on cost cutting/reuse recipes, etc, etc??
When I go into work everyday, I walked by a display of pumpkins that were only for decoration. Yesterday, the pumpkins were gone and the trees had been decorated with lights.... I am wondering where those pumpkins wound up. Even if not to be eaten, at least to compost.........

Here's Thursday's Tips!!

25 simple ways to save
Clean the coils behind or underneath your refrigerator with a tapered appliance brush to keep it running efficiently.

Skip prerinsing dishes. Our tests have found that itıs unnecessary, and you'll save up to 6,500 gallons of water per year.

Opt for the cold-water wash cycle and save about $60 a year.

Put your PC to sleep. Save $25 to $75 each year by using the system standby or hibernating feature on your computer.

Plug electronics into a power strip so that you can turn them all off at once.

Don't overload the dryer. Clothes will take longer to dry, and they'll come out wrinkled. When the weather is warm, line dry.

Open blinds and shades on cold days. Solar heat gain can raise interior temperature significantly. But close them at night to minimize heat loss.

Dust off the slow cooker. You'll use a lot less energy than cooking a meal across several burners and in the oven.

Keep car tires properly inflated. In our tests of a Toyota Camry, fuel efficiency dropped 1.3 mpg when the tires were deflated by 10 psi.

See whether your utility company offers rebates to customers who replace old appliances with energy-efficient models. Some states hold periodic "tax holidays" for purchases of energy-efficient appliances.

Lower the temperature a degree or two before guests arrive. A house full of people generates a lot of body heat.

Clean or replace furnace filters monthly during the heating season. Clogged filters force the blower to work longer, raising your electric bills.

String LED lights this holiday season. They last longer. Our tests have shown that they can save up to $11 per season.

Insulate and seal cracks and gaps in your ducts. That can help reduce energy costs by 30 percent.

Lower water-heater temperature to 120 degrees from 130 and insulate hot-water pipes to knock up to 5 percent off your energy bills.

Weather-strip old windows and doors. It's the surest way to close the gaps around openings, reducing heating and cooling costs by 15 to 30 percent.

Control outdoor lights with sensors or timers so that fixtures stay off during the day.

Install a high-efficiency showerhead. It will reduce hot water use by up to 50 percent.

Upgrade to a low-flow toilet and save 4,000 gallons per year.

Drain a bucket's worth of water from your water heater a few times a year to remove sediment, which can decrease efficiency.

Move the thermostat to an inside wall away from windows and doors so that drafts don't cause the heating system to cycle on unnecessarily.

Add insulation. An estimated 80 percent of older homes are underinsulated. Properly insulating and sealing your home can cut your heating and cooling bills by 10 percent.

Plant a deciduous shade tree on the west and southwest sides of a house to save energy.

Zone heat smartly. A portable heater in a room saves money only if you're willing to keep the rest of the house chilly. Wood-burning fireplaces can suck more heat from your home than they put back in.

Call a professional energy auditor. They use a blower door or infrared photography to pinpoint where your home is leaking energy. Some utilities provide free audits; you can also find certified professionals in your area through www.resnet.us.

Posted: September 2008 — Consumer Reports Magazine issue: October 2008

Hugs to all, you're all the best! :hug::hug:

Arabella
12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Well, here we are, December 4th. My mom's 85th birthday. I've had a kind-of frantic work week so far. Gotta knock off those 12-hour days. Apart from everything else, they've led me to a couple of non-stellar food days. And tomorrow is WI. 205.6 this a.m., same as last Friday, I believe. Well, if I don't lose I'll just have to take the rap.

Kat, what a lovely post! Pure joy to read it. Nice energy! I didn't remember about your dad having had Reiki. I'll add your sister to my distance list.

Kaylets, do you have a vaporizer? I've been running mine in the bedroom at night and it makes a big difference. Hope you don't catch the cold! :crossed:

Someone threw a pumpkin on our lawn that they must have picked up from someone else's display. I wanted to cook it but DH tossed it in the compost. :rolleyes:

WSW, hope you got a nap! Have one for me, would you? :yawn:

Gosh. I am in the middle of another frantic day. Yikes. On the run. But telling you lovelies just reminded me that the plan was to take some nice deep breaths when I felt this... doing that.... Okay. That's a little better.

Let's do our best with this one, huh?

wsw
12-04-2008, 07:17 PM
kaylets-those tips are helpful. i hope you don't end up with a cold.

arabella-happy birthday to royal mum. wow-85--how terrific. yes, remember to keep breathing during such hectic days. deep breath--in----and -----out. i have to remind myself of this so often.

i did get a little sleep before alarm went off, so better than nothing. my friend had good news (!) at her doc appointment this morning and fortunately, she is fine. i am very happy for her, and i was glad i could be there for her.

this afternoon, i found some great longjohns. boy, i wish i'd had them this morning--brrr! i washed them and they are in the dryer right now. i also got a big, warm, cuddly scarf, and some great gloves. now i really am all set to tackle this winter business. :)

i stayed op today, and just have a little more of my exercise to complete. i didn't use lack of sleep, being cold, having a cold, or anything else as an excuse. --not that i really ever need any excuse to think, "oops, how did that extra food jump on to my plate?!" i think my food plan really is looking more and more like a formula for success.

i found a couple birthday and christmas presents today for some friends, which i think they will enjoy. i'm trying to get things done very piecemeal, and not stress about what won't get done. these particular friends will be out of town over christmas, so i am glad i found them before they left.

monday morning, i have a brain and cervical mri -just an update for my next neurologist appointment, but i can't stand that jack-hammering sound, plus being enclosed in that machine. to add insult to injury, i have to be at the hospital at 7:30am, and i am sooo not a morning person. i never want to wish away time, but i will be glad when it is all over with, though. it has been a couple of years since my last one, so that's not too bad either. i just wish it didn't feel like it was only yesterday since the last one.

ok, i need to get on my horse and finish up those exercises. hope everyone has a pleasant evening. take care.

Kaylets
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Hello all.....

Maybe I slept with my mouth open because a couple of swallows of coffee had me back to normal. Well, I guess that's subjective!!

WSW--- I remember that loud, bang, bang, bang noise very well. Let's hope they've figured out a version that doesnt need to make that awful racket.
I can't remember.... do those kind of tests need you to fast? If so, earlier the better is what I say.... and if not, even better.....
But I would be dreading it too.

WoodNymph.... I CAN RELATE to the box in the corner that has become part of the woodwork. YIKES. I think I have them in every room! Good for you emptying yours. Me, I wind up tossing most and wondering why I was keeping the contents in the first place.....

Kat....I need to readjust my count too. Someday soon.......

Anagram? Hope all is well and you are recovering at a rapid pace.

Ceara--- I think I know what you mean about the doggie narcotics.... She's not falling down drunk but is defnitely very, very lovey......:o

Silver---Isn't it fun coming back after a week off?

I need to figure out some crock pot recipes for chicken. Going to take a look around and see what I can find.....

Any ideas?

katrinabgood
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Okay then... Chicken Adobo for the crock pot... easiest recipe ever and VERY GOOD! Unless you have salt issues, but then you could use the lower salt version of... oh, here you go:

Chicken 2 or 3lbs I like thighs and drumsticks best for this, leave some skin on, you can skim the fat later. I have made this with boneless, skinless breasts, but it's kind of blah and dries out... you can also add a few pork chops too if you like... :T
Soy Sauce, low salt is fine, actually I prefer it
Vinegar, white vinegar is cheaper since you use a lot, but I like rice vinegar too
Garlic 5 or 6 cloves, smashed
Place chicken and garlic in crock, cover with equal parts soy sauce and vinegar. Start with about a cup of each or so, and add til just about covered. Cover and cook on low all day. Your house will smell heavenly when you come in from work. Pour contents of crock through a colander. Skim the fat from broth (i use one of those fat separator cups, whatever it's called) Remove skin and bones from meat, (it will fall off easily) shred and put back into skimmed broth. Serve over rice, with steamed veggies on the side and accept compliments for your cooking prowess! ;)

My serenity ebbed a wee bit, what with car issues, but the good news is I only needed a new alternator, it's all better now and is purring like a kitten once again! :cp: (well, maybe not a kitten, more like a contented OLD cat) Tossing that in my bucket!

wsw... what a good friend you are! I surely hope that your friend realizes how lucky she is to have such a kind soul for a friend!

arabella...I still have my pumpkin on my doorstep! That will change this weekend. I've been pondering whether or not to cook it... Happy Birthday to Queen Mum!

Tis late, I'm tired, must get royal beauty rest... and HUZZAH! it's almost Friday!

Nighty night, all... :yawn:

Arabella
12-05-2008, 07:26 AM
205.2 this a.m. and I have NOT made that progress I was planning on this week. It's been frantic and on Wednesday I stopped journaling, forgot about my sworn challenges... Also I've been ravenous. But... I can get to goal this month ONLY if I put in the work. So. Back OP, back to stated challenges, back to Day 1.

We've got DH's staff party tonight. It's never too bad food-wise. As a rule there's salad and chicken or something like that and I just skip the breadstuffs and dessert. They're actually taking us to a show, which is great -- no eating or drinking involved!

Busy weekend -- dress rehearsal for the Messiah tomorrow and then the performance on Sunday, people coming afterwards for dinner. I'm going to have to really guard my available moments of serenity. :yoga:

Tomorrow night we've got no plans and I'm determined to keep it that way. :yes:

Kat, thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely make that one -- maybe for Sunday, actually. :chin: That'd work -- make a big pot of rice, a big salad. Sounds like a plan! Glad to hear your car news. Serenity NOW! And let's try to hang onto it.

Congrats on your loss this week -- huzzah! Must emulate...

WSW, I admire the way you stepped up to help your friend in her need! It strikes me that it's so often not a reciprocal kind of thing. Some people give to us, at some points in our lives and we give to others at some points. And, somehow, we keep the whole thing going.

Can you meditate before the procedure? I'll be sending you some energy for Monday. :hug:

Kaylets, so glad your cold was a false alarm!

I've got what -- who was it? that house-cleaning guru that we all used to follow? Kitchen sink coming first? I can't remember. -- Anyway, what that person called "hot spots" in every room. I'd love to get rid of them in time for parties... Well, maybe not going to happen for this Sunday.

Ceara, Anagram, Andria :wave:

:ginger: Let's make this a good one!

wsw
12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
i lost 1 lb. finally--228 now. clothes have been fitting a bit better, so something has been shifting a little. definitely no woosh on scale, though--but certainly grateful for this hard-fought fluffy gone.

when i was driving home this afternoon after a few errands, there was a truck in front of me which had a big sign on it, "relax." it struck me because i had been thinking about a lot of things which have been stressing me out. when i saw that sign, it made me smile, and reminded me that things will be ok, or ok enough, and what i really needed to do was "relax."

kat- i thought of you when i saw that sign, and what you had written about your serenity. glad that your car is repaired and that it was not as bad as it could have been, at least. your car is a trooper.

kaylets- glad to hear you did not get a cold!

yeah, the mri is an old machine, unfortunately, so it is that very loud bang, bang. i do have to fast (well, nothing after midnight sunday) but going without breakfast monday will not be a problem with it being so early. the insult added to injury though, is that someone called from the hospital again today, to ask more questions about medical history, and asked me for my weight. yesterday, someone else had called, asking some other questions, and asked me my weight too. i am having sedation so they have to know that, but having to give weight twice in one week---it's just not right. :)

arabella-you sure do have a busy weekend planned. i hope your concert goes well on sunday. i will definitely do some meditation on monday morning, and in mean time, too.

hi ceara, andria, and anagram! hope all is well with you.
take care.

Arabella
12-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Looks like it's going to be :sunny: out there. Well, there's the first party down with stellar behaviour -- some turkey and cranberry, salad and veggies. I skipped the pasta salad, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls & dessert. :angel: For no good reason, my weight is 205.8 today but I know if I keep behaving it will go down. Still Day 1 because I didn't journal and ate a few bites standing at the counter. Today I'll follow the plan. :yes:

We slipped out at intermission (DH's company took us to a musical after dinner) so I got a full night's sleep. Still working on getting rid of this cold. I've been doing nasal rinses with saline and a little oil of oregano and I think that's helped.

WSW, your story about the "Relax" sign made me smile too. :) There, it's doing it again. I think I'll envision it here and there as I go about my business.

I've got to leave for dress rehearsal in about an hour so I'd best be off. May all :queen:lies have a lovely, self-nourishing Saturday. :love:

ceara
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM
My goodness...you people are busy!

Congrats to all who have made that scale behave....a tough thing to do this particular time of year!

I've been reading the "waist" books...."you" and Jorge's derivative. I'm on day 3 of sorta following the plans....I can't eat that many snacks, but I am really watching my food, and supplements. Plus you must walk each day...J sez 20 minutes, the other 30. I've been opting for at least the 30. I feel tighter...so I assume that things are working. I like the exercises in the Jorge book where he uses the ball....those are challenging because you use more core muscles just to balance!

:brr: So the long johns are being utilized! :lol:

Have the :tree: up....only a three day job, and DH is currently re-wiring a standing lamp that came from my grandmother's house. Good things those lamps....especially if there is not a table to put a table lamp!

Good work on the party Arabella! I've ducked out of one today...mainly because of the food...and the distance to drive. I have too many things here to do...and I'm gone again next week-end.

We were out to my BGF last night and I managed to not over eat...she had lasagna and I had a very small piece, with lots of salad. No wine....too hard for me to resist food if I drink. And I don't need those empty calories.

Yes Kat, a lot of what you say is resonating with me....congrats on the car revival....doncha love it when it's repairable?!? And wsw....RELAX....I love it. Will visualize that a lot in the coming weeks....Arabella, you are right....behave and the rest will happen. Andria and Anagram...where are you? I don't recollect any new posts. Kaylets...I too love the save $ tips. When I take a bath, I leave the water in the tub to let the heat I paid for dissipate...also a little humidity. Only works if no one else wants a bath after you...Dh likes to shower in the ensuite so this works for us.

Ok...gotta go check that light and finish in the living room!

:clause:

:hohoho:

Arabella
12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
:snowglo: And it feels like the Christmas season has begun.
The Messiah went very well last night. I was right in the front row, which makes me uneasy, but the woman next to me said "Gee, I really like singing next to you -- you're right on!" Wow! I was thrilled. My greatest hope was that I would not single-handedly bring the whole thing crashing down. And to feel that I might even have contributed... :) Well, that makes me very happy. We do the Sing-along Messiah on the 28th and then we'll be moving forward to a performance of Stabat Mater in the spring.

And it looks Christmas-y out there. We had a snowfall last night. Dinner with our friends post-performance was nice. AND I got some cleaning/sorting accomplished before-hand. Dining room table's cleared of magazines and etc. and now has just lace cloth and Christmas cactus on it. I finally found the perfect spot for an antique mirror that came from MIL's. It had been laying on the table for over a year :o There's a recessed area at the end of my kitchen cupboards and it just fit. It looks very lovely to me there.

Today's the first day that I'd say I actually feel better. Must be careful not to overdo, though, always the danger.

WSW, sending :goodvibes: It will be done soon and that will feel good. I've got to get my teeth cleaned this morning and I'm such a baby -- I hate it! I'd rather have a tooth pulled I think. But that wouldn't work out very well I guess :chin:

Ceara! Sounds like you're doing well. I actually ended up eating a few chips and a single tiny piece of baklava last night, despite plans to avoid both. Nevertheless, not too bad. And I'm sure the performance must have burned a few calories.

I've got to get my :tree: up and decorated this week. I think I'll enlist DS and DGS. Actually, I've already promised DGS he could help me decorate.

Oooops, I'd better get some work done before I head out. Let's make this a good one! :wave:

ceara
12-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Start of another new week!

Was reading somewhere that the best thing to try to do over the holidays is to maintain your weight. That would be the bare minimum for me. I am going to lose over these next few weeks....and keep it off! I CAN do this! Who's with me!

Already did the 30 min walk, had my oatie meal brekkie and am getting ready to boot the dogs into the runs and do my weights. Then off to do a passport application....

Have a great day ladies!

:tree:

katrinabgood
12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Happy Monday!

All is well in my corner of the castle... Christmas is S L O W L Y happening around here, and that's fine with me! The outside is done, and a few things strewn about the living room, but only because I've been trying to do it RIGHT this year! As I clear things away to make room for all my Christmas tshatshkis, I'm dusting and vacuuming and declaring that half of this stuff is NOT going back! Too much stuff!

I may have totally cinched my chances for WW success... or gotten in way over my head today at work! Got myself on the "wellness committee," which oversees the hospital's version of "The Biggest Loser," among other things. You actually have to apply to be in it, and be approved, as there are only 20 spots available with 5 coaches. Guess who's now a coach? :yes: The program starts in January, so I do have some time to get into high gear with WW/exercise and motivation! (at least as a coach, I don't have to apply/wait for approval!) They gave a really nice prize to this year's winners: two nights in NYC, theater tickets, one dinner, two breakfasts! Nice!

Arabella, I'm so glad your performance went well, but we'd expect nothing less from you!

ceara, I AM WITH YOU! Maintaining over the holidays would be lovely, but I'm shooting for some serious progress!

wsw... Yay for the shifting of fluffies! :cp: I will keep that word handy when things start to bug... RELAX! Good advice.

Hi, anagram, andria, kaylets! What's cookin'?

I haven't walked yet today, so the dog is about to be pleasantly surprised with the late night edition of walkies! Must bundle up first.... Baby, it's cold outside!

later, gators...

ceara
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Had an early brekkie with the daughter of my BGF...poached eggs. Then had Union mtg at 8:30 and just got home. Am cycling the dogs in the rain...it is pouring out there..and just catching up a bit.

I am back to my ticker now....finally. :goodscale So things are moving. Doing those weights that slowly is something....only 4 reps but shoot...the next day I have "re-discovered" muscles! Jeans are looser...I like that feeling right wsw? You are doing the same things!

Yes, Christmas is different this year...I'm with you Kat. I'm not doing the parties and lunches and potlucks etc....I skipped 2 on the week-end...one a friend gathering and the other a potluck after church. I just don't want to start eating. And I too feel the pace is slower...if it gets done, it gets done! :tree:My tree is up and I sip tea in the evenings and just admire it. It feels good to just do in a RELAXed manner.:coolsnow:

Glad the Messiah went well Arabella...and what a compliment! Good job!

'OK...gonna go be relaxedly productive!

:wreath:

anagram
12-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Egads! Where've I been? I've been thinking of Ye Royal Folk but have not been computering as much and not been getting little "reminders" - maybe because I haven't been responding.

Anyway, I finally faced the scale again yesterday and it was not pretty. I'm with Oprah - "How'd I let that happen again?"

I'm loving the "relax"ing vibes and feeling sort of that way. Had the loveliest Thanksgiving in recent years - went all out (sort of) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sort of doing same w/decorating - at least in comparison w/recent years. Also doing a lot of sorting/pitching/donating, etc. And have cleaned out a "hot spot" or two. I know with New Year coming, they'll all build up again but - for now -..........

Loved the image of we :queen:s being there for people who think we're so calm and never stressed. In that club, too. Hope all the colds are gone. And so glad your sister's doing well, kat. Sounds like you've really "lightened up", physically and mentally.

I think you've summed it up well, Arabella. Sometimes people are there for us, sometimes we're there for people. Often - it's not the same people. And you were so right, wsw. You can do even for those who have not done for you but you need to respect your own boundaries.

Anyway, just checking in - lots to get to - in a non stressed way, of course. My "new, unscheduled purchase" was a new toilet - Merry Christmas. And I must call plumber back to get a "pressure regulator" - water company upping pressure and mine was good enough before. So rather than have problems w/new dishwasher new water heater and various other things, I guess I'll bite that bullet too. Wanted to wait until after the holidays but maybe this will make holidays less stressful, long run.

To be rainy today - only two more gifts to buy (thanks to DD who's already done some shopping for me). ALMOST done decorating - at the point where if no more gets done it's ok but want to finish the sorting out. My only two holiday events are already behind me but more may come up (I hope - I love the getting out with people and have to make an effort).

Was at DDs last weekend for Princess Eight's debut as a Mouse in Nutcracker. So I guess that's OFFICIAL Christmas. Glad your concert went well, Arabella. That would make it officially Christmas for me too.

And sorry I missed saying happy 85th to your Mom, Arabella. Sounds like she's still doing well from what you've said of various activities.

Boy, I'm glad I thought I was only going to do a short post.

ceara
12-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Run bye...must go prep some brekkie and then head off for the "city" to finish up that passport application.

Have done my walk this morning so I am officially still on track!

anagram
12-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Passport application means trip. Did I miss something in my quick run through of back messages. Where are you heading?

wsw
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
arabella-impressed with how stellar you were at your first holiday party. glad to hear concert went so well, and that your dulcet tones were well appreciated.

ceara- the "waist" books sound interesting. i'm with you for progress over the holidays. will at least work towards that end. congrats on being back at ticker, looser jeans, and all the exercising.

kat-that is so cool that you are on the "wellness committee," and are now a coach. hope it goes great, and what terrific motivation it will be.

anagram- glad your thanksgiving was so lovely. good to see you in royal dwelling.

hi kaylets, andria! thinking of you.

lost 3 lbs- 225 now.
so glad mri is over with now. it turned out to be pretty long, and very tiring. having done meditation beforehand made it much better than it could have been, i have no doubt. back to normal by yesterday afternoon. well, as normal as i get, anyway(lol). last night, had dinner with a couple of friends, which was fun. way past my bedtime, so must away. take care, dear royals.

ceara
12-11-2008, 09:04 AM
:brr:

Back from my walk....quick coffee in hand, brekkie to make, short internet sessions and I'm off to bathe and groom and pack. This week-end Cleveland.

Anagram....we need to have passports by June 2009 or we can't travel into the USA. Of course you haven't been able to fly without one for some time anywhere. That being said, DH and I are going to Hawaii in February so that precipitated the faster move.

Sat and appreciated my :tree: last night whilst eating a couple nectarines. I'd been to Costco yesterday and picked up nuts and chocolate covered stuff for the hubby to munch on....they were right there in front of me, but I didn't find it alluring. Thank goodness. I slept faster and deeper though...probably the slight "decomp" time.

'K....won't likely be arround the next few day....Red Roof doesn't have internet...

ceara
12-11-2008, 09:06 AM
:wreath: O-o-O-O-o-o Wsw....congrat on the :dance: 's down!

anagram
12-11-2008, 10:44 AM
What a great loss, wsw. Sounds like swoosh fairy visited. Glad your MRI is over as well and that you have such great friends.

Ceara, I guess I didn't realize the Passport rule wasn't already in effect for you to visit USA as I had to have passport to visit Canada last summer. Figured it was something way different as I knew you were back and forth over the border all the time.

Hawaii, now that's a different story! Should get you through a long and (hopefully not) nasty winter

Slow starting this morning but I must now get on to having a wonderful, wonderful day.

Arabella
12-11-2008, 02:45 PM
We're up to our armpits in layoffs at the company I work for. We just had a message that there would be a cut of about 20%. It may be a week or so before I know if I've still got my job. My manager has been IMing to me all day, a string of "So-and-so is gone," one after the other.

This is pretty stressful. As much as I'd love to go freelance, this isn't the way I want to do it. I would be under a great deal of pressure to find something immediately and it quite likely wouldn't be an improvement.

The company's always let people go this time of year because it's the end of the financial year for them, too. As I said to my manager, "This has got to be the worst Christmas tradition EVER!"

:hohoho: "You're fired."

Trying to stay sanguine. As usually happens when there's anything majorish going on, I'm not tempted to overeat. It's that mid-level stress that gets me. However, earlier in the week when that was indeed the case -- oh, now that I think of it, it was just yesterday :rolleyes: -- I had a run-in with a container of baklava that was (in)conveniently sitting in the freezer.

At the same time, DS is preparing for an interview for a job that would be a huge improvement for him. :crossed:

WSW, so glad that stupid MRI is over with! Glad you're back to "normal" -- I can hardly even aspire to it. And three :dance: released -- huzzah! That's a nice reward. :) Good for you actually doing the meditation! The times I tend to let those things slip are the very times that I need them the most. Oh, for a nice late night with friends, too.

Ceara, I'm v. impressed by your avoidance of chocolate-covered whatever they were (let's think "bugs"). I need to get into that mode myself. Just hit that switch in my brain... Hawaii in February? Can I come? :hyper: I've got my passport!

Kat, what nice motivation that will be, being on the Wellness committee! I wonder if I can find one to join... "The outside is done, and a few things strewn about the living room, but only because I've been trying to do it RIGHT this year" -- "only"? That's the best reason in the world! I'm hosting our family party on Saturday and I've got a nekkid tree standing here, but for a few ornaments on the low branches because I let DGS start hanging things.

Anagram a new toilet -- oh, how thrilling! :cloud9: Ok, yes I was being sarcastic but I have to say when something gets fixed on one of mine it is very satisfying not to have to jiggle the handle or whatever. Enjoy! (Maybe you could festoon it with toilet paper streamers for the holidays...)

:snowglo: Hmmm... so far, I've still got a job so I guess coffee break's over. Let's take this day and do our level best with it. :wave:

wsw
12-13-2008, 05:37 PM
arabella-work situation must be so very stressful now. sending lots of good vibes your way.

ceara-hope all goes well for trip this weekend. february in hawaii, huh?! how wonderful---please take me with you. :)

anagram-when you mentioned your recent, "unscheduled" purchase of toilet, reminded me i needed to get moving on getting new dishwasher, which has now been ordered! it may not be in for at least 10 days, or more, but just knowing i will have one again in near future is a positive. with everything else that has been on the fritz here, i am having to prioritize. if i look at my long list of big ticket items which need repairing or replacing, it makes me want to scream, so i have to take it one baby step at a time. have also been following your grand example by continuing to do some "sorting/pitching/donating." went through another closet and some more shelves and was able to take another big stash of clothes and stuff for donation yesterday.

hi kaylets, andria, kat!

finished up christmas shopping, and mailed out final gifts now. needing to take it easy today, since experiencing lots of "ms technical difficulties." have to admit, would like a vacation from that sometimes. ah well. repair person who was supposed to come out yesterday was no show, and i let it get to me more than usual. (after all, there is nothing unpredictable about repair work snafus, but i let it make me cranky, which i don't usually do.) realized i really need to remember that "relax" sign, and take some deep breaths. made myself a little post-it with relax on it to place on my desk near computer. at worst, it makes me smile, and at best, of course, i really do remember to relax and take some deep breaths.

have continued with dainty portions and exercise, so would say am starting my 3rd week of putting my higher- gear- food/exercise plan in to effect. well, physically not in such high gear today, so need to get offline, and rest tired eyes a bit. hope everyone is having a good weekend. take care, all.

Amarantha2
12-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Just saying a happy holiday and merry yule time to the royals from Amarantha, whom Janga used to be many moons ago when she frequented this forum, but she rejoined as Janga as the forum has always been difficult for her computer to access and she just decided to reregister! Huzzah! Hope it is a happy season for all and that all concerns ye have re anything be resolved by 2009!

wsw
12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
hi janga! good to see you. and a happy holiday to you, as well, and wish the same for you for 2009!

Arabella
12-14-2008, 07:40 PM
:snowglo: Party #1 went very well last night. For some reason, most people brought stuff containing wheat so I didn't eat much. I did have some multigrain nacho chips and dip. And went over on salt so I'm up today. 207.6. But should be better tomorrow -- was v. well behaved today. :angel:

And we did have a nice time, visited with people and sang lots of carols. And it feels good to have most of the Christmas cleaning and decorating done (not that I do a lot of either :lol: ) But I scrubbed the kitchen floor on hands and knees Thursday and then slapped some wax on it so it looks pretty good. And everything else is just gradually falling into place, even things that haven't been dealt with in years. So I think there's got to be something good going on.

Tuesday is DH's 60th and there'll be 12 of us for dinner. I'm making steak and kidney pie and carrot cake, plus, of course, veggies, salad, apps. We always have the same people in for his birthday and it's always a lovely evening. Sort-of a nice start to the season, before people get too crazed.

I'm not stressing over the job stuff. I think odds are that I'll still have a job when the dust settles. And if not maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

WSW, won't we all have a lovely time in Hawaii? I can hardly wait! :hyper: And won't Ceara be surprised to see us all popping up out of her suitcase. (Note to self: Must lose LOTS of weight before February so Ceara won't be suspicious when they say her luggage is overweight.)
:candy:
Hello Janga (weren't you a jungle lass at one time?)! Lovely to see you in the Palace. Hope you'll drop in again! Funny, I was just thinking of you and Eydie today and thinking maybe I'd head over to yon realm with festive wishies. :)

Hope all Queenlies are having a lovely weekend and will be ready in the a.m. for... Fresh Start Monday -- Huzzah! :cb: :cb:

Amarantha2
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the hallos, wsw and Arabella!

Always love to see ye in any realm, Arabella.

Yea, was a Jungle Lass, now just a lass lol, just poking around 3FC since with this new user account I don't seem to be having the problems I previously had making it work, not sure why.

There are a lot of fun forums here.

anagram
12-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe tomorrow's Fresh Start is what I need. Have been having a desperate time trying to get back on track.

Good attitude re the job, Arabella, but hoping both you and kaylets are recognized as being invaluable. Who says the :queen:s don't believe in togetherness?

Hi, Janga. Now that's a good way to become "younger". Junior member, indeed! But good to see you.

wsw, I'm so pleased you're able to hang onto your resolution despire the "money pit" woes and your technical diffs. I'm going to start wearing blinders so I don't see all the things that are on the verge of "going" or needing redoing here. I've been doing and doing and it's like the weight battle - never ending.

I AM "enjoying" the new toilet. It's one of these newfangled lo-flush ones and makes quite a "whoosh" which reminds me of the whoosh fairy. But I can think of m a n y other ways I'd have preferred to spend the money. Had plumber back again this week to install a water pressure regulator. long story but it's more preventative than anything else so far.

Stepped a tad out of comfort zone today and went to a "Festival of Lessons and Carols" at a cathedral. Not TOO far out of c.z. but went alone (as usual) and would have preferred a companion.

So - don't hate me - but I'm all "ready" except to wrap one gift which should be arriving soon and then hitting the cooking, baking. Baked some the other day. Now, part of the reason I'm ready is that I don't do much shopping any more but I DID put up a bigger tree, etc. so it balances a little.

Happy birthday to Arabella's DH - same day that I will celebrate the 46th anniversary of my first giving birth.

FA LA LA LA LA LA

wsw
12-14-2008, 08:50 PM
arabella-glad your christmas party went well, and that you had a nice time. and yes, ceara will be surprised when we all pop up in hawaii. lol!

i wouldn't mind heading to hawaii tonight, in fact. warming up sounds like such a lovely prospect.

i was in a bit of a neatness mode today, and tidied up one of my cabinets. i didn't clean anything else though, but have been admiring my work on that cabinet. heard from someone today hadn't heard from in a while, and it was nice to catch up. i too was well-behaved today with exercise and being op. i have a lot to accomplish this coming week, and hoping not too many "technical difficulties" will interfere with plans. will just have to remain flexible, and remember to "relax" no matter what comes--and of course, keep up with higher-gear food plan. well, royals, have a good evening, one and all.

wsw
12-14-2008, 08:57 PM
hi anagram-guess we were simulposting. great minds think alike, obviously! :) glad you are "enjoying" new toilet. kudos on stepping out of comfort zone today too.

ceara
12-15-2008, 09:38 AM

Did you fly into Canada Anagram....flying needs a passport...and it truly is the American side that wants them. After the deadline, it will be the Americans who leave the US without one who may have trouble getting back in! Of course those 9/11 terrorists all had their passports....

Had a great week-end. Lots of good companionship, nice wins and a new American Champion! Yeah! I like that kind of week-end...the companionship part....very congenial. My room-mate is a co-breeder also....we jointly own the new champ!

So, Arabella...good vibes for the work front. It is hard everywhere these days. I feel for the kids. Are you finished with the singing gigs? Anagram, does your new toilet have the seat that floats down? My mom got one of those... and used the facilities here one night. We don't have that kind...there was the worst WHAM as the seat blasted down in there....of course we all laughed! New dishwasher...good for you wsw! Where is Andria these days! I want to hear about the gym...and Kat and Kaylets...this is such a busy time of the year. :wave: Janga.

Alrighty, I must be off and do stuff.....

anagram
12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Congrats on your new Champ, ceara. Always adds a glow to the weekend, no? Glad you enjoyed! Yes, I flew in to Canada - all the inspections of my artificial knees were hilarious too.

Nope, no fancy seat on my new model. Chair height but otherwise very bland and basic.

Having trouble today getting myself out of my own way. Doing all sorts of dumb things. Overdue library books for one thing - which never happens to me, ceara, truly. But I've come to rely on the email notices and somehow it never came - NINE days ago! Really can't blame anyone but myself as I'd had a thought or two that it should soon be time but just didn't look to check as I expected the notice. Drat - and the worst of it is that i\I never read either book or listened to either book on tape. When I took them out, I knew it would be a busy time and I might not get to do so but I figured I could renew. So I trekked in and while there saw a notice re harp and hand bell performance there tonight. Now I have a clip from the paper on my table and could have just taken the books in tonight and enjoyed the performance. Now, don't know if I will go back for it as there is another "thing" to do tonight - but combining the two would have made it an easier choice.

Anyway, food good so far and did go to tai chi - so I get at least that one little check mark ;)

wsw
12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
ceara-congrats on the win of your little royal champ! the companionship this weekend sounds like it was very nice too.

anagram-know what you mean about making things a bit harder than need to be at times/getting in one's own way. been there, done that, keep doing that more than i would like. hope you have a pleasant evening, whatever you decided to do. congrats on going to tai chi today and on food.

it was much warmer here today, and boy, was a happy camper. warmth not hanging around, but was glad i was able to get out today to enjoy it. got some of my appointments out of way today, and some paperwork, which i don't like doing. busy week (for me) will continue, but accomplished my top priority "chores" necessary for today. stayed op too, but have to say after dinner, was really thinking i should have gotten to eat more, when i had in fact eaten enough. not a good sign for me, but the good news is right now i'm too tired to try and graze. need to retire soon for the evening, so think i can stay out of trouble for that long, anyway. well greetings to all our lovely royals. have a good evening, everyone. take care.

katrinabgood
12-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Fly by post before I drift off to sleepy land... tooth pulled today, wellll, what was left of it, anyway! Ugh. Was loaded with lidocaine, but awake to witness the struggle... lots of jiggling and crunching sounds! :yikes: :faint: New teeth are already in place, (a 3 tooth partial... gawd, that makes me feel old... they even sent me home with Fixodent! ) I took a Vicodin a little while ago, whee! No, really, it's just making me sleepy and very bad at typing!

:tree: is up and decorated, but I streamlined the process by only putting up the ornaments that are near and dear and have special memories/meaning attached. I still have half a bag left, figuring if the spirit moves me I can add them, but it looks lovely and sweet as is!

I hope to catch up with replies soon, maybe tomorrow after I get my cards done! We took one of the pix from Ireland and used that for this year's card. What a lovely trip down memory lane it was, trying to find the right one~

Janga! :wave: Love the name!

Okay, I'm done for now... :yawn: More tomorrow... and an update on scale progress as soon as I get the new batteries in scale! No WW this week due to holiday party tomorrow. MUST REMAIN VIGILANT!

Amarantha2
12-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Another fly by to say hi!

Ceara, yea, congrats on the new champ! :wave:

Kat, feel for ye re the teeth, going through a bit o' that myself. :wave:

Huzzah to Anagram 'n Wsw 'n to all mentioned or un-

So nice to be back on 3FC, but must be brief as fallin' asleep ...

ceara
12-16-2008, 07:32 AM

Thanks for all the congrats! It will be nice to be home for a bit though...now to start on her brother.

It was rainy yesterday...I didn't walk...am currently waiting for the sun to rise a bit before venturing out...I don't want to get run over by a bus! I did get quite a few things done though....bought dog food and did some paperwork at the branch. Then I stripped the sheets and bedskirt and laundered those. Did some vaccuuming and general straightening. Appreciated the tree whilst I ate lunch. Baked some shortbread cookies for my Book Club last night, and sour dough biscuits/sticky buns for DH and then put chicken in to bake and left for work just after 4. I slept pretty well last night!

Tough on the tooth Kat! I have some rather old fillings that I'm quite careful with....no real hard food for me!

Anagram! Overdue books! My...that happens a lot at this time of the year...we don't do email notices...just Jennifer the calling ****, and by that point the books are 1.5 weeks past due! Can you renew your own stuff online? That may help with having to make a trip. The concert sounded intriguing....I love handbells...and they are fun to play!

Janga...good to see you back in the palace.

wsw...glad you got a bit of milder weather. I think the cold stuff is on its' way! :brr:

:wave: to Andria, Kaylets, Arabella, and any other :queen: popping in!

:xcheer:

ceara
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM

Just another fly-bye! Have walked this am, and shovelled snow...lots of cardio. Groomed one of my Mom's dogs...and am off to look for snow boots. Must work at 4:30....

:tree:

We got 4 inches last night!

ceara
12-18-2008, 10:27 AM

We must be in the pre-holiday crunch! I hope all are well!

:snow4:

Amarantha2
12-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Diet Maiden Am be verrra well this sparklin' Arizona morn, Sword Bearer! Huzzah!

Nice to have the ability to once more access the palace as I just happened on a partial postie from the top o' the thread wherein this was called "our sacred journey," for me that is very true when it comes to weight loss/maintenance and fitness.

I intend to reach the destination, which is my goal o' the wild 125 (reached it once, gained 10 pounds seemingly overnight and have been hackin' away at that for a month or so).

This week is my big WINTER SOLSTICE weigh-in Sunday. We shall see. I hope to have lost something, anything, just a tad, a wee bit, but if not a loss, then hope to be visited by the Maintenance Angel!

I like her a lot, too! :lol:

Worked four hours this morning, as well as having done an hour of weights, so now must rest up for working tonight.

Joys of the season.

Fa la la!

Arabella
12-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, merrier and brighter! I pulled myself, kicking and screaming, onto the wagon yesterday and I've got the bumps, bruises and broken fingernails to prove it.

Ooooh, I had some BAD days. Stress, too much work, fatigue -- the usual suspects. And my drug of choice is always so readily available. Second day on plan down now and I'm getting into the new WW plan.

DH's birthay party went well although I wasn't as prepared as I intended. Everyone had a good time anyway.

Worked 11 hours today and, although things could have been better they could have been worse. I stayed in a pretty good mood all day, despite being chained to the computer. But -- it was a bright, sunny day :snowglo: and I should have gotten out for a walk. All day it was just one sprint to finish a task after another. But, happily, the bulk of my workload is finished for the week. On the bright side, I did walk to tai chi tonight, attended class and walked back again so exercise is not that bad for the day.

Anagram, good for you stepping out of your comfort zone to go to festival of carols! I always find things like that daunting too but I'm finding it easier to make myself do them as I get older and then it feels less daunting. It IS lovely when I can venture out into what would once have felt uncomfortable and feel (mostly) at ease. Got a giggle out of your whoosh fairy toilet.

Ceara, loved the sound of your rainy day! :chin: Other than the "going to work at four o'clock" thing, of course. Congrats to the champ!

WSW, every warmish day is a treat now, isn't it. I love being able to step out the door without putting on coat and boots, gloves, hat, scarf. We had one of those days this week. :)

Kat, I like your approach of only putting the special ornaments on the tree. I've got the decoration boxes in the dining room now and should really take them down to the cellar instead of just leaving them there until time to take the tree down. Which might have to be before New Years at the rate this baby's dropping needles.

:wave: Janga -- fill us in on your adventures while on walkabout when you get a chance?

Oh, mefinks it bes time for bed. :yawn: Sweet dreams, :queen:lies!

Amarantha2
12-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Huzzah, Arabella! I know that drug of choice, which I tend to seek when in the field and on days when working from home. Have learned to go without for the most part, but t'is not always easy.

Ms. Diet Claus (aka Diet Wise Woman of whom Am has spoken before) is attendin' to the elves 'n the reindeer 'n last minute repairs on the toys for the good little diet girls 'n boys 'n t'is left to me, the Littlest Diet Elf in the place to mark off the days to the Solstice Weigh-In (a BIG holiday here in North Diet Pole) and remark that t'was the Night Before Today when we noticed we had finished the day with a cal count o' 1505 'n we also added 15 mins o' walkin' last night to our hour o' power (e.g., weights).

We at the Diet North Pole, those of us named Am/Janga, are VERY extra busy doin' extra Black Lagoon (work) stuff so will not be doin' internet playtime much although we may sneak in when the Overseer is not lookin' (there is no overseer, only invisible people at the other side of computers waiting for stuff to be done, actually, but we like gettin' paid so probably we should just do it, or not, ah, decisions, decisions).

Be that as it may, we have made a diet executive decision to maybe abstain from a workout today, not because of work but we think we may want to trick the bod into losing some weight (or maintaining) at the weigh-in on Sunday. So we'll just leave it up to fate if we want to take a walk/jog or do something else or do nothing or just be silent and soldier on.

Transmission ends, film at 11.

anagram
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Gadzooks, the solstice is gaining on us! I have been being fairly "GOOD" this week and have ADDED pounds. Usually when I struggle back to wagon I lose some of the fluffies.

No, I am not hitting the candy that's "in the house", nor eating the cookies. I did make lo-fat bran muffins this morning and may indulge in that later or may just go to Mall and walk around and take in "spirit" though that's been pretty good this year.

I could have renewed by computer, ceara, had I not been too lazy to check due date. And still could have done so and paid up later but decided to just take everything back (won't read or listen much over next couple of weeks) and make an honest woman of myself. Fine was more expensive than I expected but it wasn't the money so much as I get terribly annoyed with Self when she doesn't stick to her accustomed habits - one of which is NOT to have "overdues" on anything.

Expecting a little snow tomorrow, I hear, after tons of rain - I'd have been snowed in until April if it had all been snow.

So will meander off now and see what else I can get into that won't cause me or the world harm.

:wreath::wreath: :wreath:

katrinabgood
12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Hallo there, busy queens! I'm popping in to say "hey," and must be moving on... It's funny how my mellow thoughts of, "Oh, I still have time..." have somehow, suddenly morphed into "Uh oh...not much time left!!!" I have a few things to be done, but I refuse to stress about what may not get done. I have turned the WW gears up a notch, and am being near-angelic with food choices. Even when I do indulge, it is carefully considered, and measured, and if I can't measure, I KNOW it is less than would normally cross these lips! No weigh in this week, as there was no meeting at work due to the holiday party! (at which I was VERY angelic!) I did attend a meeting elsewhere, but did not weigh in... I'll just hold off to regular time and place. I'm liking the new 'Momentum' they've got going... what say you Arabella, oh fellow WWer?

Gotta run...I'm wishing all a lovely weekend and a peaceful, thoughtful Solstice...

wsw
12-20-2008, 08:30 PM
hi dear royals! hope everyone is having a good weekend. had a busy week, and having to lay low a bit this weekend. have been op. thinking i may be on another plateau, but will hang on by dainty regal fingernail, if necessary, because i plan to break through this latest weight "set point." i am determined! well, take care, all.

Amarantha2
12-21-2008, 10:45 AM
DEC 21 MANIFESTO:

This is the holiday (Solstice) that energizes me above all other days of the year, so despite not yet knowing what my weigh-in progress is (or is not, I'd be happy with a maintain) because I religiously adhere to the same weigh-in time of day and it is not yet that, I will survive and soldier on with this journey as it is important to me to live in the healthiest body I can manage, not to mention looking good in jeans as long as I live, which will be 120 or thereabouts because, pals, as a wise lady says a lot on another forum, life is good.

And it's what we have so let's live it well.

anagram
12-21-2008, 11:43 AM
So glad to have your enthusiasm and determination back with us, Junga. And so proud of you, Kat & wsw, for your determination to get through this season in good shape.

Just a little bit of snow so far as befits the Solstice. Cooking ham & green beans and baked some sand tarts this a.m. Starting Tuesday, my house will have a swinging door but even with all the coming and goings, it looks like this will be another year when my kids won't hit at the same time. ;(

However, they will hit and I'll be w/the Princesses at their Chimney when the Fat Fellow arrives. I read today a nutritionist's explanation that Santa isn't really that heavy, that he wears lots of thermals to combat the cold. Other quotes - Santa shares the reindeer's carrots, he eats cookies ONLY on Christmas Eve as that day he expends so much energy and needs the energy, that Mrs. C. keeps him fed very nutritious food the rest of the year, that he's active and very fit for his age.

I'll worry about him a lot less this year ;)

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Arabella
12-21-2008, 12:12 PM
:snowglo: I have to say my behavior has been spotty. A couple of stellar days, a non-stellar day, a stellar day, a couple of non-stellar... Hoping it all balances out. Better than all :devil: all the time, anyway. ;)
I think we're beyond binges for the season, anyway, since I got through the two parties I was putting on. Nothing else will be so stressful and I DO still have time to do what I need to do yet so shall attempt to continue merry and bright. :xcheer:

I had too much wine at a neighbours' gathering last night but I almost entirely avoided the Christmas treat-y food. However, I ate three sesame bars before I went. I think that the issue was that I'd been ravenous before I ate lunch and then my body still thought it needed to keep packing it in.

Breaking news bulletin:

Sheesh! I was just about to tell you that I'd successfully managed to get through 4+ days with carrot cake and ice cream in the freezer without succumbing. Then I went into the kitchen for something and thought -- seriously -- Hey! There's carrot cake and ice cream in the freezer! And I was just about ready to avail myself of same. Temporary insanity, I swear. Then I thought about the weight thing: My weight will be UP tomorrow if I give in. If I don't get a grip my weight will be up at WI. So. I didn't. Stay tuned for updates. :rolleyes:

Janga, is that your pic as your avatar? Truly, thou art fab!

WSW, didn't you just lose THREE pounds recently? Bet the fluffies are just waiting to fall off in another clump. :yes: Good for you staying OP -- huzzah!

Kat, I've got to say I feel that this isn't the time to introduce changes to the program. Haven't they ever heard of New Years? :rolleyes: Just adding one more wrinkle to things right now is adding to my stress level which is making it harder to adhere. But I'm trying, and I do think it's going to work well once I get onto it.

:woohoo: for your good behaviour though! :)

Anagram, you don't deserve those pounds and so they must be gone from thee forthwith! Must say I feel like around here Self is just barely keeping it together. Lot of balls in the air this time of year and I feel like I'm dropping some. Just trying to keep the crucial ones up there.

Ceara, Kaylets, Andria :wave: How goes it in your wings of the Palace?

Cold but :sunny: here. DH and I went for our long Sunday walk and I guess we'll be heading out soon to do some shopping. Then I'm looking forward to some leisurely :gift: wrapping, listening to Christmas music, maybe doing some laundry. I want to buy copies of "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol." Even though it may be evil to spend money on Self :s:

K, Dahlinks, I must be scootling! Let's make the most of today. :)

Amarantha2
12-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Holey gadzooks, Robin, we've been visited by the maintenance angel again! :angel:

We'll get 'em next week, same bat time, same bat channel. :rofl:

Amarantha2
12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Anagram, thanks for the welcoming words and also the reassurance that Santa is ok as I do worry 'bout him sometimes. :)

Arabella, no, t'is just a random avatar I happened to find but it does look like me except for the hair color and length and I'm afraid that lass is a TAD bit younger, but I did pick it because I thought it looked like my body and also she is standing in a similar fashion to one of my favorite yoga poses (not classic yoga, but one recently made up by someone methinks, it is called "Morning Star" and I like it a lot, learned it in a class a few years back)

Wsw! Hi!

Yea to all, seems everyone is doing so well here as we soldier on through the holiday season.

Congrats, Arabella, for catching self re the carrot cake. I do that a lot as well, just drift into the kitchen and reach for something that I'd already decided I didn't need, that's why I mostly just junk anything that's not in the plan at the moment.

I do intend to lose a pound by the 28th and will let my goal stand as wanting to reach 125 (again), but that probably won't happen. Still and all, maintenance is good and I am happy with that, all things considered.

Must away to have my one day off.

Amarantha2
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Hmmm, I am testing something. Ignore me but hello all!

katrinabgood
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
:candy: Wishing all faire :queen:s a brightly burning Yule log, a starry night, a christmas carol serenade, peaceful thoughts, and everlasting joy! :xcheer:

:wreath: Love to all! :tree:

wsw
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
a good evening to one and all! thinking of you. it is coooold here, and sitting at the computer, my frigid fingers are having a bit of a problem typing. so----- just popping in to say hope everyone is having a good holiday week thus far.

anagram
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Greetings, Fair Royals -

Extending all sorts of Happy Wishes for all during the holiday season. I too have been successfully avoiding gift boxes of chocolates and candies in freezer and baked cookies, etc. However.......................ate out tonight with two sibs and their Prince Charmings and while I tried to fill up mostly on vegetables and eschewed a wide assortment of lovely looking breads, I still went way over the line as a whole.

And tomorrow, DS and his DW arrive and the whirlwind begins. But I'm looking forward to my best Christmas in years and can wish you all nothing less than that.

My palace attendance will be most erratic, I'm sure, but you will all be with me in thought while I try to at least keep GPS track of the wagon so I can attempt the occasional grab at it.

In the meantime, all sorts of the LOVE, JOY AND PEACE that I wish you at all times but most especially at this Special Time.

:wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath:

ceara
12-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Mornin' all....:hohoho:

Nice to see you all in the :ginger: palace and doing well!

I've been quite busy shovelling :snow4: and reading....there are a few new muscles in my back that I forgot I had!

The pre-Christmas rush is on...although I feel more prepared than I ususally do....I've actually wrapped a few things! Will finish this morning. That way I will be done!

Have a great day....the days are getting longer, by the bye!

Amarantha2
12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
So nice that the site o' the 3 Kindly Sisters here hath deigned to work so well for Janga so that she can now visit the Palace wherein of yore she under another guise used to dwelleth (or mayhap t'is a new program she hath recently put in, not sure, same computer, just works better on 3FC with the new account).

This be also a flybye as there be muchly to do here 'n apologies for a me-me postie but Diet Maiden Am 'n the Exercise Elves 'n Ms. Diet Claus are trying to work their royal muscles 'n then must away in the rain to the Black Lagoon (work area that I cover) 'n then have a day OFF (hopefully).

Janga be bloggin' her cals and exercise so shall spare ye details o' the food and workouts, but her NY's resolution is now in place, a simple one: BECOME MORE PHYSICALLY FIT!

anagram
12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Fly by - am heading out for a few last minute things - cash, gas, beer, etc. Nice and sunny , not as cold as yesterday. Eating sparsely so far today but won't be enough to atone for last night.

As said, well - for now - 'tis what it is and Christmas is to be a happy time, no matter what else is not as we'd like.

Whoosh, whoosh, and away - though 'tis me not the pounds!

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Arabella
12-24-2008, 09:21 AM
In case I don't get another chance:

May these days of celebration be Merry and Bright! Love to all!

:tree: :gift2: :tree: :hohoho: :tree:

Kaylets
12-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Hello all,

How is everyone? Did I see a post by Janga?? wowee, how long have I been gone??

What a head cold I had! One eye-- so red puffy it was closed for nearly a whole day, remained puffy another....now I have a cold sore on my bottom lip that is making people say, "Ah.... does that hurt?".....
but am finally able to say
"I feel better!!"

So, my festivities had no time for "should I, shouldn't I?" First decision was final decision and so far, everyone who has already recvd their gifts by mail seems pleased.

I continue my new obsession in family genealogy and am thinking I really am getting good at it..... hmmmm..... you know what they say... It's fun till you get paid and then it's work.... but honestly, I really can see a path.... either in a library doing research, etc, etc.

as for food, I can truly say this.... For the first time in many, many years, I have eaten so much the past few days, I actually thought I had given myself a stomach ache..... Too much. Too much. Too much....

Dec 26 is the new Royal Resolution Day. And it will be a good thing!!

Here's to all! Here's the best Christmas yet! And the best coming New Year too!

I plan to keep popping in. I really like things better when I'm closer to the palace!!:hug::hug:

katrinabgood
12-24-2008, 05:24 PM
:wreath::tree:Is it REALLY Christmas Eve? :yes: Well, I'd better get my festive wishes out to one and all before it's all over!

Have the merriest Christmas and the happiest New Year!

Peace, love, happiness and joy to all! :candy::wreath:

wsw
12-24-2008, 06:38 PM
hi kaylets, janga, anagram, ceara, kat, andria, and arabella!!!! merry christmas to all! i hope it is an excellent one for everyone.

take care, lovely royals. much peace and joy to all.

Amarantha2
12-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Merry Christmas to all who dwelleth herein!

Kaylets, t'is wonderful to see thee again! Merry Christmas!

This is coincidental but I also have had a cold/sinus thing and one eye has been affected. This seems to be going around here in my area, but I also feel better, but still staying at home tonight and listening to music with the dog curled up by my side. I don't think she likes the music, though.

ceara
12-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Fly-bye! Hope everone had a great Christmas Day! Ours was busy and full of food....what else is new?

Today...back to the routine....am off for a walk shortly.

:snow4:

katrinabgood
12-26-2008, 03:28 PM
:) I had to go to wikipedia to look up "Boxing Day." I had always associated it with the day after Christmas shopping for bargains... I did not realize that it started out as a day for giving to the less fortunate. Although, when you think if it this year, what with our sketchy economy, merchants can probably also be considered the 'less fortunate!'

Christmas was lovely and quiet, very low key. We opened presents Christmas Eve, since dh and dd had to work Christmas Day. I baked a ham and had with it a lovely assortment of veggies; mashed cauliflower (in lieu of potatoes :T ) roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, spaghetti squash. Nobody seemed to mind the lack of starches! Dessert was an apple crisp, made w/Splenda and topped with FF Cool Whip! :angel: I am DETERMINED to get through the rest of this year without gaining!

I'm at work today... taking my lunch break now after a brisk 15 minute walk. It felt great to get out in the cold, fresh air and move my chubby little legs! I am hereby declaring this to be a new healthy habit, (weather permitting) for 2009. I have a friend here, with whom I love to have lunch with, but she is not into the lunchtime walk at all, and I've kind of fallen into that pattern too, thinking "Oh, I'll get to it later..." We all know about later, don't we? How it sometimes never comes? Yeah, that later! Anyway, from this day forward, she can join me if she likes, or not join me, but the walk is going to be non-negotiable. :running:

Allright, back to work for me... I'll pop in tonight, or sometime over the weekend. Lovely that it's a Friday... it sure felt like a Monday this morning!

Amarantha2
12-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Your menu sounds delicious, Katrinabgood!

Happy Boxing Day to all. I am officially shopping and not eating a lot (don't have an appetite, oddly) for a few days, no work except one short trip today.

Wazzooo!

I am looking forward to just getting on with life in 2009, just another little bit of merry making to go through!

Kaylets
12-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Hello all!

Yes, looking forward to bringing in the new and being removed from some of the old!~

Oh man, please don't ask me what I've been eating!!! I think today might be a good FRESH START. So far, I am on a perfect start so, hey, LET"S DO THIS THING!!!!!!!!

So glad to see so many posts from so many !!

I admit I don't know anything about Boxing day either....

So....

HERE WE GO FRESH START, HERE WE GO!!!!

Amarantha2
12-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Happy Almost New Year's to all the Royals who dwelleth herein. :wave:

And yea, Kaylets, time for a fresh start and fresh air, at least in my personal palace, which I am trying to declutter for New Year's or thereafter.

Lost a pound of the regain weight 10 that I've been working on getting off since November, three more pounds to back to goal!

Huzzah! I am starting my Project Janus Initiative, five weeks of focusing heavily on fitness and weight loss whilst trying to live the rest of my life as well and get through some patches of things!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday week! See ya!

Wildfire
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I was out wandering the woods on this fair winter's night and saw the light from the palace window, thought I'd stop to wish you all the best of the holiday season. It has been far too long since my path took me by way of the Royal Grounds.

So much has happened this last year...I am a new grandma to the most beautiful little girl the world has ever been blessed with. She is 4 weeks and 1 day old today.

A fresh start is imminent in the Wild World, and I figured the New Year would be bringing a new thread...leave breadcrumbs and I will follow!

ceara
12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
A "semi-normal" day today...This is the plan. Walk, groom and work! A normal Monday! Only a few more days to 2009! Who'd have thought!

Congrats on the grandbaby Wildfire..nice to see you here!

Good going on the :dance: down Janga! You will do this!

We've had unseasonally warm weather here...with rain. It looks not bad now, so I will walk...

Have a great day all! Back on the wagon!

katrinabgood
12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
:flame: Yes, Wildfire, there is always a light on for long lost friends, happy wanderers, and weary stragglers! Congratulations on your 'New Grandma' status! How wonderful for you!

So all, the wagon is loading up...ALL ABOARD! No matter what your holiday was like... :devil: or :angel: Fresh Start cards are being handed out to one and all! Declare your New Year intentions, climb aboard, and let's see what this New Year's gonna bring!

Wow, that sounds like New Thread material... should I start a new one? Mayhaps I will do just that on the 1st. Unless faire Arabella would like the honours... she always does such a lovely starter!
(like my underhanded attempt at drawing you out, A?) ;)

Actually, I'm hoping to draw ALL queens out of hiding... Let's face the New Year together, faire :queen:s... there's safety in numbers!

ceara
12-31-2008, 08:31 AM
:hat:Have a busy day lined up....so I will wish you all happiness, health and peace for the incoming year! :woo:

Happy New Year! :celebrate:

:cheers:

wsw
12-31-2008, 06:26 PM
hi wildfire-so nice to see you. congrats on your new grandbaby!

hello to ceara, kat, arabella, janga, kaylets, anagram, andria, and all our loverly royals!! :)

i wish everyone a happy, healthy, and peaceful 2009!

had a nice christmas at good friends' home, with lots of kids, adults, noise, and great fun. can hardly believe 'tis the end of another year already. i say this every single year, of course, but it feels true every year.

i have been hanging on to food and exercise plan. lost 3 lbs (now 222.) have de-cluttered another closet, and moved around some pictures/prints on my walls recently. now i have one wall which needs something, but will live with it as-is for a while until i can feel what really belongs there. i hadn't planned to move things around when i started but it just felt like i am preparing for the new year, and some good changes, so i went with it. well, my dear queens, happy new year!!!!

Kaylets
12-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello all!

Wildfire! Congrats to you and yours! What a wonderful holiday you are having!
You sound as though you are floating!

WSW: congrats on your amazing loss! I am jealous of your closet too!

Katrina: sounds like an ideal thread start!! :)

Janga: I'm looking forward to your January posts! Always fun to see what you will devise! And good for you on getting those "temp" pounds to drop.

Ceara: How goes it?? We could use that warm weather tonight, the wind is blasting and its COLD!!!!!!!!!!

Anagram: I know its cold your way too! How did the princesses fare this holiday? And you too?

WoodNymph: How goes it in your palace? I know you have lots to share!

Yes, I am coming on board too! I have had enough and am ready !

We spend NY's quietly... inside.... in our area tonight we have crazy wild winds and many, many homes are without power. DH picked me up from work and suddenly, lots of traffic lights were out, stores, restaurants, etc were dark, dark, dark. What a night to be without power!!

Again, I think of how much I really do have in my palace. It might be a tad chilly but it is a very windy cold night and I am a tightwad. But I am grateful t hat I can turn up the heat if I want. Meanwhile, I will put on gym sox and my heavy robe.

And in appreciating what I have in other ways, I have been thoughtless for too long. Lots of things for me to seriously consider this evening.

Here's to the best year ever!

:celebrate:

Amarantha2
12-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Just a fly-bye to say how lovely t'is to see folkettes in the palace on this New Year's Eve! I had a nice day but am sinkin' into the usual malaise I experience on this night, howsomever t'will not move me to eat a bunch o' stuff, I am going to bed soon!

Wildfire, so nice to see thee and hear the news o' thy little grandprincess! Congratulations.

Sword Bearer, Kaylets, WSW, Arabella, Katrina, anagram, andria and all royals that I may have missed since I was last able to access the palace under the old name, t'is great to "see" thee!

Happy New Year to all! I am soldierin' away on the Janus project (looking back and looking forward, all at the same time) this day, walked three hours and am pooped, but t'was a loverly day here in my part o' the world, warm and green (after the sun came up, before that it was freezing).

Arabella
01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
:cheers: :ginger:

Oy. Where have I been? Well, this has been the busiest, most stressful "holidays" I've ever done. Other than Christmas day itself, I haven't had any time off and I swear I'm just about ready to throw a champagne glass at the next person who invites me to a party. :devil:

But. I worked a couple of extra-long days to get stuff done ahead so I can (mostly) take today and tomorrow off and almost get a long weekend out of the holidays. Next year will be different, I swear! :yes:

And you can imagine what the eating's been like, also no doubt partially responsible for the extra stress.

And it was lovely to wake up today, blizzard notwithstanding, and feel like I've got the whole day to look after myself. I'm going to bundle up and walk around the harbour. Do some yoga. Meditate, lounge, Reiki, pedicure. Maybe watch "It's a Wonderful Life" or visit my sister or perhaps even do both simultaneously. DH rented a bunch of videos that I have no interest in, lots of violence and nihilism. Next year I'm going to try to impose a moratorium on nasty movies at least until after Christmas. Two years in a row, I'm wrapping gifts and preparing things for Christmas, when I want to have soft music playing and a glow in my heart and I'm hearing explosions, screams and gunshot. I'm sure if I ask him nicely he'll be okay with holding off. It just makes me feel like crying.

Gee whiz. He just came in and asked me if I'd be willing to watch one of the movies he got tonight. I nicely refused and said that I want to keep my spirits up and that that kind of movie makes it hard for me. He's not always into grim movies but for some reason when he takes time off that's the kind of thing he wants to see. :shrug:

Anyway, enough of that. One resolution is to stand up for myself and protect my own good spirits in whatever way I can. :) This is also a good day to get myself sorted for the year to come.

Christmas day was very nice. We went to my sister's on Christmas Eve for the usual gathering and then home for port and cheese with DS & his GF. They stayed overnight and after the too many presents we had a lovely brunch -- seafood quiche, champagne and orange juice. Then out to SIL's for games and turkey dinner. Very satisfying. :)

Wildfire! :hug: So glad to see you in the palace -- was just thinking of you the other day. :)

WSW, sounds like your Christmas was lovely. It really is nice to have a party on the day and lots of people. I'm definitely not a quiet Christmas kind of person. :)

Janga, I'm loving the sound of your Janus project. Shall do similar. :)

Ceara, busy? Check! Full of food? Check! TGI New Years. :)

Kat, you're a lovely thread starter and you have my blessings 100%! I'm just happy to have time to post and reconnect with my Royal friends. :)

Kaylets, I won't ask you if you don't ask me. ;) Now, onward we go. :)

Anagram, is your family visiting you or vice versa? Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

K, Dollings, the tempest rages and tempus fugit! :snowglo: I must get out there to get the steps recorded on my pedometer for this day (clears at noon).

Love to one and all and have a fabulous day. This is our year! :cheers:

katrinabgood
01-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Happy New Year, all!

New site is presently under construction, so please bear with me... I'm only on my second cup of coffee! I'll be back in a bit to hand out Fresh Start cards and officially invite y'all to climb aboard!

katrinabgood
01-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Come on down, :queen:s !! New thread's open!