Old 10-31-2008, 05:07 PM   #1  

Default rude awakenings

I decided for halloween I would just throw some of my clothes together and go as a spirit/puppet/voodoo doll (anything I could manage to make my makeup look like)..

NONE of my skirts go up past my thighs.

To make things even worse, rather than it being a motivator to work harder.. I ended up eating the last of the candy in the house and now I just feel stuffed and upset/sad/dissapointed... the list just keeps going.

Not only does it suck being someplace new and not know anyone and not even have a party to go to.. but it sucks realizing that I just let myself get sad and unhealthy..

I guess for me this "journey" isn't about just the weightloss.. its about being happy and trying to socialize again.

Its hard going out when you feel like youre being judged.. but at least thats just a feeling.. the real critic is me and I'm the one that keeps sabotoging myself.

Thanks for listening to me rant :/
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Oh I'm so sorry! I know those rude awakening can be hard, but you'll be stronger for it.
Are you looking for a new costume? Last night on the Office I laughed so hard because Jim had a "Hello I'm" sticker on with someone else's name. I thought is was a clever costume. It doesn't involve any heart breaks about not fitting into certain clothes.
Hope your halloween turns out better! Mine will be filled with scarry movies and alcohol and staying home. It's going to be a bad diet day...
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Hugs! I know how icky that feels. The name tag idea is funny.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

oh, bekko, i feel your pain more than you know. I also have made a recent move and have no one to do anything with for halloween (or anytime) and i've been dealing with my clothing no longer fitting. this morning I skipped a meeting I was expected to be at because I couldn't find any pants that fit.

I really hope you go out and do something anyway... seriously, even the name tag idea is cool! best of luck to you.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

There is absolutely nothing worse... than putting on old clothes and realizing they don't fit. It's like a slap in the face.

For me, I find that disappointments are what make me stray from my goals, whereas successes make me want to keep going. Maybe you could make yourself a goal for the next 3 days, stick to it, and spend a lot of time on the forums to keep you on track... I bet you'll feel a little more inspired when you make your goals, and see a bit of a difference, whether it be weight, or just how you feel!

...and hey, I'm not going out at all either. I got to work tonight, and come home to an empty house since all my housemates are out drinking... and I have to open my store tomorrow.

The most exciting part of my night was when I got drunk-dialed by my boyfriend. He'd have to be drunk, I can't even imagine how much a cell-phone call from Ireland to Canada cost...
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote