South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Frightnight Friday Chatterings

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

It's going to be a mild, sunny day. Perfect for the kid's parade this morning. They're so excited, since they get to wear their costumes to school on the bus. I'm going over to the school to watch the parade with Cindy, then staying for Maggie's party. Afterwards, I'm collecting Audrey and taking them home where they're all packed and ready to go away for the weekend. I should be home by 1pm!!!!!!!!!
I think Monica and Eric are going to bring Carley out here this evening for trick or treating. I'm looking forward to that, since we've never had the opportunity to celebrate Halloween with her. Amber is coming over, too, so it will be lots of fun to have the grandkids here! The candy doesn't tempt me in the least, so I'll be fine on that account!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:21 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Linda and all. Linda, I hope you have a good time with the grand kids.

So I woke up to a freezing house, went to adjust the heat and found out ds turned it OFF yesterday while he was here! KILL KILL!!!!!!!!!!

I am scheduled to go out and meet the couple that needs someone to live there, but I woke up thinking to not go. The more I think and pray about it the less interested in the position. I think they should find someone else.

I also woke up thinking about this job I interviewed at yesterday and am hoping they call today with a final dollar amount. She said as I walked out "You WILL be hearing from me" with a HUGE smile on her face. I'm trying not to get excited, but it's difficult when you hear that and she was most impressed with my answers during interview and on the quiz she gave! one example of the quiz was "What is a circular error." She said I was the only one to get that right. Other questions regarding Excel, Journal entries, Payroll and HR. Like What is the JE's of a sale of a car for $4000. .

Anyway, it's not too cold outside as I sat out there with the dogs, and the stars are oh so bright right now.... pretty morning! I'm going to be spending it tidying up the house, washing the puppy and shampooing carpets and treating the carpets with borax as a precautionary measure against fleas and other critters like spiders and lady bugs! . I also have to continue trying to call the Unemployment office to obtain my benefits for that week they asked me to work Friday! GGRRR, STILL don't have that!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #3  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey chicks! It's taken me a few days to get here...we've been a little busy!! After 36 hours of labor we were so happy to welcome baby Libbie on Monday!! She was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 AM   #4  

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, LORI! It sounds like you're the perfect person for that job! I'm relieved that you're not considering the live-in job, that would be such a shame to have to give up your dogs and your home.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:32 AM   #5  

CONGRATULATIONS, JESSIE!!!!!!!!!

Oooooooooh, baby Libbie is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for you that I'm actually sitting here with tears running down my cheeks!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

JESSIE!!!!!!!!! congratulations and what an adorable baby!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry you had a hard time of labor, but it's well worth the pain!!!!!!! Now the hard part begins! Just don't call me when she gets up in the wee hours of the morning!

Cottage, I agree about the giving up the puppy and home for a job. If I were younger and not as established, I'd do it! Not a bad living situation!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:38 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

OK, I was in Wegmans in the check out lane and heard a joke, I admit, I giggled!

What do you call a cow with no legs?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:10 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Um.... what do you call it?

Hey, look at that gorgeous baby! Libby and congratulations Jessie and Daddy.

The funeral went very well yesterday. Harry would have been impressed with the turn-out. Even the weather cooperated and most of the snow had melted by the time we went to the grave. I had about 6o people in the house for the "lunch" and the pizzas were a great hit. Everyone appreciated having something different from the usual church hall food. Of course a bit of wine and beer was consumed! My dear friends did all the cleanup and my kitchen looked immaculate by the time everyone left. I had a late afternoon nap and a quiet evening.

Today I need to shop for some Halloween goodies - maybe juice boxes? I also have to take Donna to the vet to have her dear Heidi put to sleep, something she should have done a month ago. It's so selfish to keep your dog alive when they are in pain and have lost their dignity!

So.....on with Life.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:16 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Ground beef...

Ruth... I'm glad things went well for all, and that you didn't have to worry about the kitchen afterwards! What a relief! And as for your friends dog, sorry she has to do it, but your right, why make them suffer?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh my goodness, Libbie is BEAUTIFUL!! Hope you are both doing well (and getting sleep!)

Ruth - Glad things went well for you. Hope today goes okay at the vet.

Lori - I'm glad you probably won't take the live in job too! To give up your home, and your new pup, for only $75/week!? That's a pretty big commitment! Good luck, hope you hear some good news today!

Cottage - Have fun with halloween today!

Me - Halloween!! I work 9-2, then off for a 5 mile run, maybe with the DH. Then pick up the kiddos, DD is a ballerina, DS is Spiderman. Should be fun! But I'm not looking forward to the sugar high.... (although we STILL have candy from last xmas and easter...they forget about it!)

Have a great day! Do you believe it's almost November!?!?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Twynn, throw out the old candy! LOL, with Helloween, Xmas and easter just around the corner they'll have more than you'll care for them to have!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWE, this I HAVE to share. I told Cody, the puppy, that I needed to get him a bath. I proceeded to grab my "dog bath" container and upon approaching the bathroom Jade, the 2 yr old, was in the tub, not looking too happy! When I told her it was cody's bath, and she could go, she did! Poor thing! LOL, but I didn't even tell her to get in the tub, I just mentioned, in a sentence, bath, and grabbed the supplies! Talk about a great dog!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-31-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

:s klol:

Cottage: Enjoy your day with the girls and their parade and I hope all the grandkids have a wonderful Halloween evening with you!

Lori: Sending my prayers up about the last job interview. I'm sure the couple will find someone else who can live with them.

Ruth: What a blessing that everything went well yesterday. I'll be thinking about you and Donna this afternoon. I hope everything goes well.

Jessie: Libbie is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! And 36 hours of labor?! Phew! I hope you're getting some rest!

Twynn: I'm looking forward to a short work day as well and then a good workout with DH. I'm sure the kiddos will have fun tonight and hopefully, the sugar high won't be too terrible!

Me: Not much going on here. I work until 12 today, then have some Avon business to take care of, grocery store for pumpkin bread ingredients and candy for trick-or-treaters. I've still got some house-straightening to do before tomorrow's big carpet-cleaning adventure. It'll be a busy afternoon, but I'll stop whatever's going on at 5 when we prepare our Halloween feast (steak, roasted sweet potatoes, ww buttermilk biscuits, salad w/ homemade dressing and rum and coke for me and scotch on the rocks w/ a twist for DH). It should be a fun night!

Well, I need to iron and then get ready for work. Hope everyone to come has a spooky day!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

MZ188.gif

WOW! Jessie what a beautiful blessing

Busy busy here but wanted to stop by and say Happy Halloween and hope all is safe and don't eat to many treats
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Very quick fly by for me as I have a ton of work to catch up after 3 days of being gone.

Jessie Congrats, she is beautiful!!!

Ruth glad things went smooth.

Looks like next weekend is going to be the move. Maybe once this is done my life will slow a bit and I can get this darn eating back in check.

Have a great day chicks, I will check back later when I can actually see over the pile on my desk.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY REFORMATION DAY!

Err, Halloween too!

Just a quick fly-by. JESSIE! Congrats! What a beautiful baby!

Ooooooh man, Tom's having a nic fit this morning like you wouldn't believe. I just sit here wide-eyed and don't say anything. Anyone have a rock for me to crawl under?

Pray for me.

Gotta get in the shower!

Lisa
Closed Thread