Atkins - Any thoughts on Sprite / Coke Zero?

seashell
10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I needed a sweet treat so I grabbed a sprite Zero. No carbs, cal, fat. . . any one have or heard if this is ok on Atkins once in a while? Could this hurt?

kelly315
10-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I like coke zero and diet dr pepper- I drink them every day, and I've still been consistently losing weight. I doubt it could hurt your atkins, i've never heard of a study that said otherwise.

mazza
10-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Sorry, Im not on Atkins but I wanted to share my thoughts on this.

Sprite Zero was a huge weakness of mine and still sometimes still is, but the food acids (shocking for your teeth), preservatives (sodium benzoate, a carcinogen) and artificial sweeteners (usually aspartame, sometimes combined with sodium cyclamate - both carcinogens linked to countless health problems) are usually enough to motivate me to steer clear.

Plus, I find that when I drink diet soft drinks, I begin to have more sugar cravings than if I wasn't having them.

kaplods
10-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I believe the Atkins position is that Splenda is ok, but aspartame is not.

JerseyGyrl
10-30-2008, 11:44 PM
I believe the Atkins position is that Splenda is ok, but aspartame is not.

This would be correct.

kelly315
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I've just read a couple of articles that say it might slow your metabolism- however, there are a lot of people here who assure me that they have had lots of success while still drinking diet soda

Cie
11-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I needed a sweet treat so I grabbed a sprite Zero. No carbs, cal, fat. . . any one have or heard if this is ok on Atkins once in a while? Could this hurt?

I continue to lose with having it once in a while.

Some people have a reaction to the sweetness but fortunately I'm not one of them. I did cut down drastically earlier this summer when I was on a stall. When I moved past found most diet drinks too sweet tasting. I now make my own tea with Splenda to bring on my walks.

Cie :sunny:

callystia
11-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I think it's just a matter of finding what works for you. Everyone's body is different to a certain extent. :)

YellowFeather
11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey JerseyGryl - your before and after pics are amazing!
Thanks for the inspiration.